All hotels in Beijing, China

Breakfast is average
    Room is all right
  • Wellness Area
    Sufficient wellness & sports facilities
"Great Holiday in Beijing"
Staff was very helpfull and tried to speak English. The young guys at the front desk deserve a special mention.
3 night trip with friends Apr 9, 2016
Hazel
"Not Worth IT..."
Hotel it self was rundown and to expensive for what they were offering... You can a much less expensive Hotel with nicer accommodations.
4 night business trip Apr 3, 2016
Ron
"Weekend in Beijing"
This was a very good hotel to stay at if you are in Beijing for a few days. The hotel is excellently located with a variety of shopping experiences within easy walking distance. It is also well known by tour operators so easy pick up and drop off if you have organised a tour during your stay. My only complaint would be the smell of cigarette smoke in my room even though it was non smoking. Staff had insufficient english to understand what I was saying. I would suggest that you insist when booking that there is to be no previous smokers in the room. Staff were friendly and I would stay again if in Beijing.
Response by Sunworld Hotel Beijing
Dear Guest, Thank you reviewing our property. We are currently following the rule of no smoking and aiming our best to be smoke free as well penalize those that are doing so hefty. Looking forward to hosting you again whenever in Beijing! Regards, Guest Service Manager Carol
4 night trip Apr 1, 2016
Fiona
"It's hard to find the location"
Wrong location have been indicated and the communication with staff is too hard.
Response by Sunworld Hotel Beijing
Dear Guest, Thanks for having chosen to stay at our property. We have received your review and we are trying our best to enhance staff communication. Regards, Guest Service Manager, Carol
Other trip Jan 13, 2016
TK
"Reasonably priced, comfortable stay close to Metro"
We stayed at the Sunworld hotel in December. The hotel was comfortable, our room had a nice view, and was with 5 minutes walk of the Metro. The towels were fluffy, bedding was crispy white and mattresses were firm. During our stay Beijing had some of the highest levels of pollution so the air purification unit in the room was a welcome sight; it was quiet enough to run on low power through the night. I am a light sleeper and didn't have any problems with the noise level during our five day stay. It was a pleasant surprise to receive a small complimentary box of cookies on Dec 24. We stayed at different hotels while visiting China. All of the hotels provided 2 complimentary bottles of drinking water daily and had minibars in addition. Room service had decent food, but 2 out of 4 times my order was incorrect. I did my best to speak slowly and clearly, but found staff attending room service were not fluent in English. The Sunworld had coffee mugs and spoons in a draw. We decided to purchase fruit, cereal and fresh milk from WuMart and were able to store the milk in the fridge. Although Tiananmen Square & the Forbidden City were reportedly within 20 minutes walk we took the Metro. The number 111 bus went to the Panda House. A convenient shuttle bus ran every hour to the airport and was within a couple of minutes walk from the hotel. The ride took about 50 minutes and cost 24 Yuan per person. I would stay here again.
Other trip Jan 2, 2016
Noreen
"OK hotel for short term business stay"
stay there for 2 nights for business. Other than the location is close to where I want to be, the hotel is just OK, nothing to write home about. The room is clean and comfortable, but very small. It is within the walking distance to the Wangfujing pedestrian street and shopping centers.
Response by Sunworld Hotel Beijing
Dear Guest, Thanks for reviewing or property, Appreciated. Regards, Guest Service Manager Carol
2 night business trip Oct 23, 2015
Jiang
"Very close to public transportation"
Forbidden city just about a mile away High end shopping center are also just around the corner. Overall it's so convenient Their stalls help us call the cap to airport at 4 am And we paid by the meter. Unlike the previous that we have to pay 3-4 time more for the same trip to airport. Will stay here again next time
Other trip Oct 29, 2015
Charlie
"Great location, great service, room ok."
Hotel was pretty good. The rooms itself aren't 4 or 5 star, but everything else was great. The service was really nice, the front desk spoke mediocre English, enough to get what you needed. The breakfast there was pretty good, lots of western food which was good for my wife who had morning sickness. Only ate it once cause it didn't come with our room and food outside is so cheap. They can exchange money for you at the front desk, a huge plus. Close to subway station DongShiKou on the #5 green line (when you come out of the station to the city street, which is DongDan BeiDaJie (DongDan North Road) walk left for about 200 yards and then take another left onto DengShiKou Street, which is your first main street. The hotel is on the left side about 5 minute walk up that road. If you hit Wangfujing street, you've gone too far.) Overall, I would stay there again, it's very close to Wangfujing shopping area and walking distance (about 1 mile) to Forbidden City. Best part of hotel is the free WiFi and it works really well.
Response by Sunworld Hotel Beijing
Dear Guest, Thank you for reviewing our property and the comments ,we hope next time you stay with us you will truly experience the 4 star in the room as we have refurbished them recently. Regards, Guest Service Manager Carol
3 night romance trip Oct 16, 2015
Wesley
"Very good hotel, great location"
The hotel is really close to the forbidden city. There are several malls and a commercial street just around the corner. The metro is no more than three blocks away. It is very clean and the breakfast includes Chinese and western food. We enjoyed to stay there.
Response by Sunworld Hotel Beijing
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking time to write the review and we appreciate you having stayed with us. Regards, Guest Service Manager Carol K
4 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
Mariano
"Cramped in Beijing"
Light switches in room didnt work. Small rooms, low ceilings. Staff did not speak English (if that is important to you). Restaurant next door (not inside hotel) was really good with authentic, inexpensive cuisine. I would not stay there again. I would suggest the Sunworld Dynasty Hotel down the road.
Response by Sunworld Hotel Beijing
Dear Guest, We apologize for the series of the events that didn't work out during your stay but be assured we are working tirelessly to improve the hotel English as well as refurbishments of the room. Thank you for having stayed with us. Regards, Guest Service Manager Carol K
2 night trip with friends Aug 27, 2015
Benjamin
"Nice room"
The room was really clean and had a nice bathroom. I was really pleases with the room and hotel. I would stay there again.
Response by Sunworld Hotel Beijing
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review, we value your feedback. We look forward to hosting you again here. Regards, Guest Service Manager Carol K
2 night trip Aug 8, 2015
JAMIE
"Nice hotel, great location"
7/11 is across the street, McDonald's is 20 yards away. Next to popular tourist street(Wangfujing Street).
Response by Sunworld Hotel Beijing
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking time to review on our property. We look forward to hosting you again.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
Trey
"Great Value"
Amazingly convenient and affordable. Have stayed here for like 5 years running
Response by Sunworld Hotel Beijing
Dear Lori, Thank you for taking the time to write your review on our property we appreciate your continued support and look forward to hosting you again when in Beijing! Regards, Guest Service Manager Carol
3 night trip with friends May 17, 2015
Lori
"Nice hotel and excellent breakfast"
Overall a nice hotel to stay at. Breakfast is very good with variety of food.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
tom
"Nice heotel for the price"
Hotel is location is good. Breakfast is excellent. Front desk speak moderate English . Sometimes they Miss lead u about what is free in the room and what is not. It is 3.5 star in my opinion not a 4 star. It is a nice place to stay for the price
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
tom
"Not bad for our one night stay"
Stayed a few Hotel in China and didn't want to expect a lot. I am pleased that this Hotel has met my expectation. The staffs are friendlly. The bed sheet and towels are clean. The bed is firm and it's good for my back.The location is good, walking distance to the major street with many shops.
Response by Sunworld Hotel Beijing
Dear Angela, Thank you for taking time to post a review on our property. We appreciate your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in future! Regards, Guest Service Manager Carol
1 night romance trip Mar 22, 2015
Angela
"Sunworld Hotel Beijing"
I enjoyed staying here. It's near great places to be. Wangfujing is practically around the corner. Although I was only there for 7 hours, I would stay here next time I'm in Beijing.
Response by Sunworld Hotel Beijing
Dear Guest, Thank you for posting a review . we appreciate your comments and look forward to hosting you in the near future! Regards, Guest Service Manager Carol
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
toshposh
"Wonderful Stay"
Fabulous breakfasts, exceptional location, easy access to metro,close to key highlights like the forbidden city, and shopping along Wangfujing street, great restaurants nearby.
6 night family trip Dec 16, 2014
ELLEN
"Good location; Good service; Good condition"
Peaceful and clean are what we hope for....... Thanks to Sunworld hotel Beijing provide such accommodation
5 night romance trip Nov 6, 2014
"Very disappointing, not a 4 stars hotel."
The room requires serious renovation (ripped carpet, the floor in the bathroom is broken with bad smell from the sewage, the toilet does not flash well). It is also very tiny - no room to move or put the luggage. The staff barely speaks English and is not helpful. The lady in tours office just lies wile trying to push the hotel's very expensive tours - better not to ask her nothing. You can hear the neighbors.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
"Nearby to a foot-traffic open area with shopping"
We used this primarily as a home location for area tours. However, this is very nearby to a night life area with foot traffic only that is worth checking out. Nice smoke-free clean rooms. Some room control switches did not work properly, but the room was generally OK and temperature controlled. Nice firm beds. Be aware that the hotel has a 500 RMB deposit during your stay.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Lucy
"Close to Forbidden City, Tianamen Square"
I would stay at this hotel again. Room was very comfortable, western-style hotel room. Hotel is 5 minutes walk to Wangfujing Street with shopping, markets, night food market (interesting). About 15 minute walk to Tianamen Square/Forbidden City. Concierge staff speaks limited English, but if you are patient you can make yourself understood and understand them. They are not conversant in English, but can order you a taxi, city tour, etc. Room had a small refrigerator but it turns off automatically when you depart the room, so acceptable for drinks but nothing that "requires" refrigeration. I did not eat at the restaurant in the hotel although it looked good and prices were reasonable.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
Cliff
"Great Beijing location!"
Nice walking distance to shops, food, and nightlife. Most staff had great English skills. Breakfast is a good combination of western and eastern. Nice rooms, clean, amd had international plugs. Would stay here again.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Natalia
"Great location, perfectly ok hotel, good price"
Large hotel in easy walking distance to Wangfujing and to two useful subway lines. Perfectly fine if a little dated and a little worn. Friendly and helpful staff. Good value if you are willing to tolerate a cut below the major chain Western hotels in the area.
2 night trip Jun 19, 2014
"Good for the price"
This hotel was in a good location walking distance from the Forbidden City and a block away from the Wangufjing shopping street. I was disappointed that not all of the hotel concierge's spoke English and the hotel cannot book any tours for you. We wanted a tour of the Great Wall and while they offered to arrange for a driver to take us there, we ended up booking a tour with a hostel down the street. They had no problem getting us cabs in the morning to get to the airport. Do not take their advice to and book a town car through them, we found it easy to get cabs.
3 night trip May 24, 2014
Aaron
I stay here every year. For the money and the location, personally I love it, staff has been very helpful!!
2 night trip May 28, 2014
Grant
"Fine Hotel for the Price"
The location of the hotel is pretty good. We were able to to walk to the Forbidden City and were closing to shopping only a block over. The dumpling shop across the street was good. The hotel did not offer any tours to places like the Great Wall. The offered to rent us a car with driver but we opted for a regular tour with a different provider. Several of the people working the concierge stand did not speak English and that was difficult at times but usually someone at the front desk did. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again.
3 night trip May 24, 2014
Aaron
"Do Not Stay Here"
This is one of the worst places I have ever stayed. The restaurant buffets were horrible. The fitness room did not open until noon and when I went at noon it was still closed. When I finally found someone to open it I discovered that much of the equipment was broken. The staff were unhelpful and we're not very friendly compared with other hotels. The rooms were not attractive or inviting. In short, I would not go back.
2 night trip Jan 15, 2014
"Greay place to stay in Beijing"
Nice hotel, great location.
4 night trip Jan 4, 2014
Ken
"Great Location for Tourist"
The hotel is not special with dated decor and hard beds, but gave it an overall rating of 4 stars primarily for the close proximity to major tourist attractions being 15 minute walk from Forbidden City, Tinanmen Square, Jingshan Park, Nanluoguxiang art and crafts shops, and next to Wangfujing upscale shopping street and Quanjude Restaurant that serves famous Peking duck. Since the language barrier with taxi drivers is a major challenge, another plus is the Dengshekou subway station 1-1/2 blocks away that gives you convenient inexpensive access to the Summer Palace (Belgongmen Station Line 4), and Heavenly Palace/Pearl Market (Tiantan Dogmen Station Line 5). The hotel has a tour agent in the lobby which we used to book the Chinese acrobatic show and separate Great Wall tour which are both very worthwhile. The lobby desk and the breakfast were adequate, but not great. If you intend to use the fitness center, they have extremely limited hours of operation only open for two hours from 12 to 2 pm. Note that a metered cab ride from the hotel should cost approximately 100 RMB as we learned on our ride back to the airport. A word of caution, although I had printed the hotel name and a map in Chinese, we still encountered an issue catching a cab. The first cab we loaded refused to venture to this section of the city for some odd reason. Next we were pushed into a private van that wanted 500 RMB which I refused to even entertain discussions simply citing that we wanted to travel by meter. After a lot of discussions between the airport taxi attendant and a group a drivers, we were finally loaded in another cab who announced as we driving off that he wanted 200 RMB to which I agreed to after this 30 minutes ordeal of finding a ride. Funny thing was the cab driver did not load my bags and then seemed very displeased that I did not tip. Amazing. Fortunately this did not ruin the trip and were generally pleased with the hotel facilities and cleaning service.
1 night trip Dec 22, 2013
bert
"Nice location, nice room."
Beware, their special low price room may not the standard room, double check the room size before you booking.
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
Siuiggy
"Great combination of location, budget, and comfort"
Overall very satisfied. I got what I want. Clean room, fast wired internet (wireless is week in the room, though), walking distance to Wangfujing, lots of bus stops, 10 min walk to subway, safe neighborhood, all at about $80+ per night. The hotel does not look like a luxury one. Who cares?
4 night trip Oct 21, 2013
Sean Z.
"Great Location in Beijing"
This hotel was rated 4 stars in China, but after staying in other 4 star hotels, I would give this a 3 star rating. The internet did not work in the room. We could sit in the hall by the elevator. The shower did not drain and leaked all over the floor. The breakfast was wonderful and the location was excellent.
1 night trip Oct 6, 2013
Jackie
It was a great place in joy may stay
6 night family trip Sep 22, 2013
Brown
"First stay in BJ"
Excellent location: close to metro, Donghuamen night market, Wangfujing snack street, and many other sites. Excellent value. Excellent service. Only down side is that the a/c is hooked up to the hotel and not the thermostat in the room. Beds are firm but not hard.
3 night trip Sep 24, 2013
phil w
"Sunworld"
A good hotel in a great location. The staff was professional and even though I had to change rooms after just one night, I was upgraded and treated well. Overall a strong 'thumbs up'.
2 night trip Sep 4, 2013
"Nice but carpets not clean."
Ceilings are very low when you get off the elevator, I had to be careful not to bump my head on the things hanging from the ceiling. Carpets and floors are dirty. Door would stick on the floor when you opened the door to the room. Other than that the room was clean and the hotel was ok. Staff spoke enough English to get by.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
"Great Location, staff - no english"
The Sunworld Hotel is located within minutes of the Wafujing Street, one of the most important shopping centers in Beijing and about a 20 minute walk from Tiannamen Squate. The room was clean and confortable. The best meal to eat at the restaurant is breakfast as they have a great variety of both Chinese and Occidental dishes that will ensure that you satiate your early apetite. The only problem with the hotel is that the staff know little or no English at all and thus it is very difficult to find answers to simple questions. For example, they could not explain that a 'miscelaneous charge' on our account represented the breakfast that we had eaten in the morning. We later figured it out on our own
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
Favodreamer
"Excellent location"
I stayed on two rooms with my wife and 2 kids, very clean, confortable to USA standarts. I forgot to remove our passports and money from the safe after chech out, I came back 8 hrs. later and they took seriously my request involving the manager, housekeeper and security to bring my values intact, specially the cash. I cannot thank enought the staff for all this.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
"convenient location"
Convenient location. Very little English spoken or understood. In our first room the shower head flew off and nearly hit my husband. Our new room was better, but once we added our 3rd person cot the closet was blocked and the room became messy with suitcases on the floor, etc. Still, it was not expensive and we survived our three nights there. Great breakfast buffet $$.
3 night trip Jul 2, 2013
"Great location, clean and comfy"
Great hotel, we arrived at midnight with no problem checking in, some staff were fluent in English, others were trying , but we got around even without directions. Wanfunging street around the corner, small seven eleven across, also small restaurant and dim sum place. Room clean and nice, bed comfy( we are used to a hard bed). Metro about 5 min. walk. We got the 2 single beds room but the beds were 2 full size beds, the Chinese have a diferent bed sizes.
Other trip Jun 28, 2013
martina
"Great hotel, great location"
Great stay, highly rated, only problem air could have been a tad cooler, not uncomfortable though.
3 night trip with friends Jun 15, 2013
Grant
"Great hotel, great price point, great location"
Great service, nice rooms, great location. The air conditioner could have been a tad colder for a June trip, but in no way bad. Will definitely use again.
3 night trip Jun 15, 2013
Grant
"Good location, friendly staff"
Good location just around the corner from the Wangfujing shopping street, one long block from a subway stop, and about a one-mile walk to Tian'anmen square and the south gate (Tian'anmen# of the Forbidden City #Gu Gong). Friendly helpful staff and quite a nice, though underutilized, workout area in the basement. We did have a problem getting a taxi from the hotel to the Beijing West train station during a hard rain but that's not the hotel's fault. I try hard to avoid taxis in Beijing and Shanghai as they can cheat.
Other trip Jun 12, 2013
"Good Value"
Bigger hotel was very nice. Rooms clean and staff friendly. Breakfast was not a bargan, go across street to bakery. Location is good close to MTR and in central place to support various spur trips.
3 night family trip May 25, 2013
"Excellent choice in Beijing"
I've been to Beijing several times and have stayed at many of the top hotels (Hyatt, Raffles, Marriott). This hotel offers excellent value. The location is great, 5 minute walk to Wangfujin, and 7 minutes to the subway. Taxis were not that hard to get, not any harder than anywhere else in town. The standard room was very modern and clean. The a/c worked fine. No it didn't get the room as cold as many Americans would like, but you're not in America. If you want everything to be just like it is in your home, stay home, or pay 3 times more and stay at the Hyatt at Oriental Plaza. Breakfast looked good, but we didn't take it for the cost. A 7-11 , McDonald's and large supermarket across the street met our needs. Do not miss the noodle restaurant directly next door. The best $3 you'll ever spend. Get any of the noodle dishes or the dumplings. The donkey is good too, but spicy! Staff spoke good English and was always willing to help and make change.
Other trip May 20, 2013
JP & Sylvia
"Good place to stay"
Excelent Hotel, Good Quality, Clean Room. The only concern is the expensive breakfast Charge.
1 night trip May 11, 2013
Diogo

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Great location. But very run down and needs cleani"
The hotel location is great. Breakfast was ok. More western items would help. Very run down, old and dirty rooms. NOT a 4 star hotel.. over rated Watch out for Taxi and Tea scamms. They are being done in presence of police.
Response by Sunworld Hotel Beijing
Dear Guest, Thank yo for reviewing our property we would like to inform you we have started renovating the hotel step by step to give a new face-lift of the premise and we look forward to hosting you again in or newly refurbished rooms. Regards, Guest Service Manager Carol
3 night trip Mar 30, 2016
"Nice location, great for vacation"
Just great location!
2 night family trip Mar 6, 2016
Yee
"Sunworld Hotel at Dengshikou street in Beijing"
The hotel was great with only a problem: strangely the room is very hot at night, even with the air condition turned off and the window open... Not very comfortable for sleeping.
Response by Sunworld Hotel Beijing
Dear Guest, Thank you for having stayed with us and shared your experience, However, we have a few stringent measures we follow from the government in regards to cooling so hence the reason probably it felt very hot. Looking forward to hosting you and have a better solution. Regards, Guest Service Manager, Carol
7 night romance trip Jan 10, 2016