All hotels in Beijing, China
88 Dengshikou, Dongcheng District, Beijing, Beijing, 100006, China, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great Value"
Amazingly convenient and affordable. Have stayed here for like 5 years running
Response by Sunworld Hotel Beijing
Dear Lori, Thank you for taking the time to write your review on our property we appreciate your continued support and look forward to hosting you again when in Beijing! Regards, Guest Service Manager Carol
3 night trip with friends May 17, 2015
Lori
"Nice hotel and excellent breakfast"
Overall a nice hotel to stay at. Breakfast is very good with variety of food.
Response by Sunworld Hotel Beijing
Dear Guest, Thank you for having stayed with us and even taken time to write a review about our property we appreciate. We look forward to hosting you whenever you are back in Beijing!! Regards, Guest Service Manager Carol
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
tom
"Nice heotel for the price"
Hotel is location is good. Breakfast is excellent. Front desk speak moderate English . Sometimes they Miss lead u about what is free in the room and what is not. It is 3.5 star in my opinion not a 4 star. It is a nice place to stay for the price
Response by Sunworld Hotel Beijing
Dear Guest, Thank you for posting a review we appreciate your comment. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by our staff and we are looking into the matter to ensure that correct and relevant information is passed on. Looking forward to hosting you again when in Beijing! Regards, Guest Service Manager Carol
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
tom
"Not bad for our one night stay"
Stayed a few Hotel in China and didn't want to expect a lot. I am pleased that this Hotel has met my expectation. The staffs are friendlly. The bed sheet and towels are clean. The bed is firm and it's good for my back.The location is good, walking distance to the major street with many shops.
Response by Sunworld Hotel Beijing
Dear Angela, Thank you for taking time to post a review on our property. We appreciate your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in future! Regards, Guest Service Manager Carol
1 night romance trip Mar 22, 2015
Angela
"Sunworld Hotel Beijing"
I enjoyed staying here. It's near great places to be. Wangfujing is practically around the corner. Although I was only there for 7 hours, I would stay here next time I'm in Beijing.
Response by Sunworld Hotel Beijing
Dear Guest, Thank you for posting a review . we appreciate your comments and look forward to hosting you in the near future! Regards, Guest Service Manager Carol
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
toshposh
"Wonderful Stay"
Fabulous breakfasts, exceptional location, easy access to metro,close to key highlights like the forbidden city, and shopping along Wangfujing street, great restaurants nearby.
6 night family trip Dec 16, 2014
ELLEN
"Good location; Good service; Good condition"
Peaceful and clean are what we hope for....... Thanks to Sunworld hotel Beijing provide such accommodation
5 night romance trip Nov 6, 2014
"Very disappointing, not a 4 stars hotel."
The room requires serious renovation (ripped carpet, the floor in the bathroom is broken with bad smell from the sewage, the toilet does not flash well). It is also very tiny - no room to move or put the luggage. The staff barely speaks English and is not helpful. The lady in tours office just lies wile trying to push the hotel's very expensive tours - better not to ask her nothing. You can hear the neighbors.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
"Nearby to a foot-traffic open area with shopping"
We used this primarily as a home location for area tours. However, this is very nearby to a night life area with foot traffic only that is worth checking out. Nice smoke-free clean rooms. Some room control switches did not work properly, but the room was generally OK and temperature controlled. Nice firm beds. Be aware that the hotel has a 500 RMB deposit during your stay.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Lucy
"Close to Forbidden City, Tianamen Square"
I would stay at this hotel again. Room was very comfortable, western-style hotel room. Hotel is 5 minutes walk to Wangfujing Street with shopping, markets, night food market (interesting). About 15 minute walk to Tianamen Square/Forbidden City. Concierge staff speaks limited English, but if you are patient you can make yourself understood and understand them. They are not conversant in English, but can order you a taxi, city tour, etc. Room had a small refrigerator but it turns off automatically when you depart the room, so acceptable for drinks but nothing that "requires" refrigeration. I did not eat at the restaurant in the hotel although it looked good and prices were reasonable.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
Cliff
"Great Beijing location!"
Nice walking distance to shops, food, and nightlife. Most staff had great English skills. Breakfast is a good combination of western and eastern. Nice rooms, clean, amd had international plugs. Would stay here again.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Natalia
"Great location, perfectly ok hotel, good price"
Large hotel in easy walking distance to Wangfujing and to two useful subway lines. Perfectly fine if a little dated and a little worn. Friendly and helpful staff. Good value if you are willing to tolerate a cut below the major chain Western hotels in the area.
2 night trip Jun 19, 2014
"Good for the price"
This hotel was in a good location walking distance from the Forbidden City and a block away from the Wangufjing shopping street. I was disappointed that not all of the hotel concierge's spoke English and the hotel cannot book any tours for you. We wanted a tour of the Great Wall and while they offered to arrange for a driver to take us there, we ended up booking a tour with a hostel down the street. They had no problem getting us cabs in the morning to get to the airport. Do not take their advice to and book a town car through them, we found it easy to get cabs.
3 night trip May 24, 2014
Aaron
I stay here every year. For the money and the location, personally I love it, staff has been very helpful!!
2 night trip May 28, 2014
Grant
"Fine Hotel for the Price"
The location of the hotel is pretty good. We were able to to walk to the Forbidden City and were closing to shopping only a block over. The dumpling shop across the street was good. The hotel did not offer any tours to places like the Great Wall. The offered to rent us a car with driver but we opted for a regular tour with a different provider. Several of the people working the concierge stand did not speak English and that was difficult at times but usually someone at the front desk did. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again.
3 night trip May 24, 2014
Aaron
"Do Not Stay Here"
This is one of the worst places I have ever stayed. The restaurant buffets were horrible. The fitness room did not open until noon and when I went at noon it was still closed. When I finally found someone to open it I discovered that much of the equipment was broken. The staff were unhelpful and we're not very friendly compared with other hotels. The rooms were not attractive or inviting. In short, I would not go back.
2 night trip Jan 15, 2014
"Greay place to stay in Beijing"
Nice hotel, great location.
4 night trip Jan 4, 2014
Ken
"Great Location for Tourist"
The hotel is not special with dated decor and hard beds, but gave it an overall rating of 4 stars primarily for the close proximity to major tourist attractions being 15 minute walk from Forbidden City, Tinanmen Square, Jingshan Park, Nanluoguxiang art and crafts shops, and next to Wangfujing upscale shopping street and Quanjude Restaurant that serves famous Peking duck. Since the language barrier with taxi drivers is a major challenge, another plus is the Dengshekou subway station 1-1/2 blocks away that gives you convenient inexpensive access to the Summer Palace (Belgongmen Station Line 4), and Heavenly Palace/Pearl Market (Tiantan Dogmen Station Line 5). The hotel has a tour agent in the lobby which we used to book the Chinese acrobatic show and separate Great Wall tour which are both very worthwhile. The lobby desk and the breakfast were adequate, but not great. If you intend to use the fitness center, they have extremely limited hours of operation only open for two hours from 12 to 2 pm. Note that a metered cab ride from the hotel should cost approximately 100 RMB as we learned on our ride back to the airport. A word of caution, although I had printed the hotel name and a map in Chinese, we still encountered an issue catching a cab. The first cab we loaded refused to venture to this section of the city for some odd reason. Next we were pushed into a private van that wanted 500 RMB which I refused to even entertain discussions simply citing that we wanted to travel by meter. After a lot of discussions between the airport taxi attendant and a group a drivers, we were finally loaded in another cab who announced as we driving off that he wanted 200 RMB to which I agreed to after this 30 minutes ordeal of finding a ride. Funny thing was the cab driver did not load my bags and then seemed very displeased that I did not tip. Amazing. Fortunately this did not ruin the trip and were generally pleased with the hotel facilities and cleaning service.
1 night trip Dec 22, 2013
bert
"Nice location, nice room."
Beware, their special low price room may not the standard room, double check the room size before you booking.
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
Siuiggy
"Great combination of location, budget, and comfort"
Overall very satisfied. I got what I want. Clean room, fast wired internet (wireless is week in the room, though), walking distance to Wangfujing, lots of bus stops, 10 min walk to subway, safe neighborhood, all at about $80+ per night. The hotel does not look like a luxury one. Who cares?
4 night trip Oct 21, 2013
Sean Z.
"Great Location in Beijing"
This hotel was rated 4 stars in China, but after staying in other 4 star hotels, I would give this a 3 star rating. The internet did not work in the room. We could sit in the hall by the elevator. The shower did not drain and leaked all over the floor. The breakfast was wonderful and the location was excellent.
1 night trip Oct 6, 2013
Jackie
It was a great place in joy may stay
6 night family trip Sep 22, 2013
Brown
"First stay in BJ"
Excellent location: close to metro, Donghuamen night market, Wangfujing snack street, and many other sites. Excellent value. Excellent service. Only down side is that the a/c is hooked up to the hotel and not the thermostat in the room. Beds are firm but not hard.
3 night trip Sep 24, 2013
phil w
"Sunworld"
A good hotel in a great location. The staff was professional and even though I had to change rooms after just one night, I was upgraded and treated well. Overall a strong 'thumbs up'.
2 night trip Sep 4, 2013
"Nice but carpets not clean."
Ceilings are very low when you get off the elevator, I had to be careful not to bump my head on the things hanging from the ceiling. Carpets and floors are dirty. Door would stick on the floor when you opened the door to the room. Other than that the room was clean and the hotel was ok. Staff spoke enough English to get by.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
"Great Location, staff - no english"
The Sunworld Hotel is located within minutes of the Wafujing Street, one of the most important shopping centers in Beijing and about a 20 minute walk from Tiannamen Squate. The room was clean and confortable. The best meal to eat at the restaurant is breakfast as they have a great variety of both Chinese and Occidental dishes that will ensure that you satiate your early apetite. The only problem with the hotel is that the staff know little or no English at all and thus it is very difficult to find answers to simple questions. For example, they could not explain that a 'miscelaneous charge' on our account represented the breakfast that we had eaten in the morning. We later figured it out on our own
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
Favodreamer
"Excellent location"
I stayed on two rooms with my wife and 2 kids, very clean, confortable to USA standarts. I forgot to remove our passports and money from the safe after chech out, I came back 8 hrs. later and they took seriously my request involving the manager, housekeeper and security to bring my values intact, specially the cash. I cannot thank enought the staff for all this.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
"convenient location"
Convenient location. Very little English spoken or understood. In our first room the shower head flew off and nearly hit my husband. Our new room was better, but once we added our 3rd person cot the closet was blocked and the room became messy with suitcases on the floor, etc. Still, it was not expensive and we survived our three nights there. Great breakfast buffet $$.
3 night trip Jul 2, 2013
"Great location, clean and comfy"
Great hotel, we arrived at midnight with no problem checking in, some staff were fluent in English, others were trying , but we got around even without directions. Wanfunging street around the corner, small seven eleven across, also small restaurant and dim sum place. Room clean and nice, bed comfy( we are used to a hard bed). Metro about 5 min. walk. We got the 2 single beds room but the beds were 2 full size beds, the Chinese have a diferent bed sizes.
Other trip Jun 28, 2013
martina
"Great hotel, great location"
Great stay, highly rated, only problem air could have been a tad cooler, not uncomfortable though.
3 night trip with friends Jun 15, 2013
Grant
"Great hotel, great price point, great location"
Great service, nice rooms, great location. The air conditioner could have been a tad colder for a June trip, but in no way bad. Will definitely use again.
3 night trip Jun 15, 2013
Grant
"Good location, friendly staff"
Good location just around the corner from the Wangfujing shopping street, one long block from a subway stop, and about a one-mile walk to Tian'anmen square and the south gate (Tian'anmen# of the Forbidden City #Gu Gong). Friendly helpful staff and quite a nice, though underutilized, workout area in the basement. We did have a problem getting a taxi from the hotel to the Beijing West train station during a hard rain but that's not the hotel's fault. I try hard to avoid taxis in Beijing and Shanghai as they can cheat.
Other trip Jun 12, 2013
"Good Value"
Bigger hotel was very nice. Rooms clean and staff friendly. Breakfast was not a bargan, go across street to bakery. Location is good close to MTR and in central place to support various spur trips.
3 night family trip May 25, 2013
"Excellent choice in Beijing"
I've been to Beijing several times and have stayed at many of the top hotels (Hyatt, Raffles, Marriott). This hotel offers excellent value. The location is great, 5 minute walk to Wangfujin, and 7 minutes to the subway. Taxis were not that hard to get, not any harder than anywhere else in town. The standard room was very modern and clean. The a/c worked fine. No it didn't get the room as cold as many Americans would like, but you're not in America. If you want everything to be just like it is in your home, stay home, or pay 3 times more and stay at the Hyatt at Oriental Plaza. Breakfast looked good, but we didn't take it for the cost. A 7-11 , McDonald's and large supermarket across the street met our needs. Do not miss the noodle restaurant directly next door. The best $3 you'll ever spend. Get any of the noodle dishes or the dumplings. The donkey is good too, but spicy! Staff spoke good English and was always willing to help and make change.
Other trip May 20, 2013
JP & Sylvia
"Good place to stay"
Excelent Hotel, Good Quality, Clean Room. The only concern is the expensive breakfast Charge.
1 night trip May 11, 2013
Diogo
"No late checkout"
My hotel room didn't have a clock in it, so on my date of check-out, I overslept by a few hours. When I tried to check out, the guys at the front desk were insistent that I pay a half day rate. I tried to negotiate it down, but they wouldn't budge. At most hotels, you can request a lake checkout and go over a few hours....not here. I work in a similar business and I would have taken care of this charge without even blinking an eye. Not the best way to generate repeat business.
1 night trip Apr 21, 2013
"Decent stay"
The hotel is centrally located to Tian'amen Square and Forbidden City. There is also a large shopping mall and local market within a short walking distance. Overall, the concierge and hotel spoke very poor English which made our time there very difficult. I hoped they would guide us/support our travels and it was nothing of the sort. Finally, you aren't too far from the airport, and a short taxi ride from a nice stretch of bars by the embassies.
Other trip Apr 16, 2013
Phil
"Very pleasant stay"
We had a very pleasant stay at Sunworld in April. The staff was quite attentive to our needs, responding very quickly to our request for a router when we had internet connection problems. The location was very close to shopping, restaurants, and a subway station, and sights that we wanted to visit were nearby as well. It was also very quiet in the midst of noisy Beijing! I would highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Apr 13, 2013
Becca
"Close to subway"
This hotel was very nice and centrally located. Close to the subway so you can get to all things Beijing. Room was clean and quiet and staff was very courteous. Concierge spoke English but very limited.
2 night trip Mar 27, 2013
D. Hall
"Solid 4 star hotel"
Generally, a solid hotel in an area close to many tourist attractions. Lots of small restaurants close to hotel. 7/11 across the street for small snacks. The only difficult thing is that the area lacks taxis and there is no subway within 10 minutes walk of the hotel. This is particularly difficult when it rains at rush hour. Better chance of seeing pigs fly than an empty taxi. Staff is generally friendly and well trained (this hotel is a JV with a 5 star hotel next door so I guess staff are trained by both).
Other trip Mar 15, 2013
"Geat Hotel"
The hotel was very clean and comfortable, the food was good, the coffee was bad. Staff were very helpful. The one problem was I stayed here specifically because on Expedia.com it says wifi in all rooms, this was NOT the case wifi is available in public area only, rooms have wired internet so ipad could not work in my room.
3 night trip Mar 6, 2013
"Great location, nice and comfortable hotel"
Very good location for Beijing. About 15 min walk to east gate of Forbidden city. Condition of the hotel is nice. Hotel is lacking in facilities though (no gym or pool).
Other trip Jan 22, 2013
Baron
"Very nice overall."
Overall, it was a very nice hotel. Super clean and well appointed. The room did have hard beds which is common in Beijing. We asked for a second comforter and used that for a little more padding to lay on. Wireless was really slow and unusable in the room itself. Okay in the lobby.
Other trip Jan 7, 2013
Fred
"good location, but service needs improvement"
Quality of services needs to be improved in this otherwise very good hotel (in terms of the price, location etc)
3 night trip Dec 14, 2012
Lazar
"Super cool...w. one exception"
It was quite a surprise!... lots of luxuries, but at a moderate price. We liked everything except the restaurants which were at luxury prices but rather the pits! The breakfast buffet cost about $27 dollars each. Once I had the "a la carte breakfast" which was okay, but the next time they told us the only "a la carte" breakfast was a SET BREAKFAST (w. choices) . Ours cost $13.03 each and came w. two extra black hairs.... one in the scrambled eggs, one under the plate! However, everything else was OUTSTANDING! The location was spectacular: near a 7/11, a McDonald's, a bakery, a supermarket (where we bought the eggs), and more. There were nice Chinese restaurants, one right smack in front of the hotel. There was a mall a short walk away and the subway was a short walk. (I called it a city block and a half , but my husband called it 4 blocks away!) The concierge, front office all spoke English. There was an easy-to-use large safe deposit box in the room, beautiful picture window, controls for AC and heating, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, terrycloth robes, free slippers. The room was cleaned promptly. We were given two bottles of free purified water every day. We would definitely recommend the hotel, just not the one restaurant (Sunny Cafe).
14 night family trip Dec 3, 2012
"Great location is only plus"
The bathroom tile was not clean at all. The carpet and bedding seemed rather dingy. I don't think they had cleaned under the bed or furniture in quite some time. The buffet breakfast we had at the hotel was not worth the price. The hostess told us one price but we were actually charged a higher price. Whenever we had business at the front desk, we were helped but the staff paid little attention to us as they continued to speak in Chinese amongst themselves. This was a little unnerving as a foreigner. Not sure that I would recommend this hotel to others now that I know of other hotels in the same area.
4 night family trip Nov 17, 2012
CBC
"prime location"
Hotel location is the best. It takes 5-10 minutes walking to subway station, and one-way subway ticket from any station to any station in Beijing is only RMB 2, or about US$ 0.30-0.40. There is 24 hours McDonald around the corner, 24 hours Seven-Eleven across the street, and a Chinese fast food next to the Seven-Eleven, one item is about RMB 7, and most people eat 2 items (I do), so it costs RMB 14 or about US$ 3 for one meal, some people eat 3 items.
4 night business trip Nov 4, 2012
"Problems with Hotel Description"
It is unfortunate that Expedia's description of the hotel is not completely up-to-date. I may not have selected the hotel if Expedia's description was accurate.
Other trip Nov 4, 2012
"Location, location location...this is it."
Staff was not very friendly and was constantly so busy would do 3 things at a time while you waited. However, all request are honored very quickly so you can overlook the checking and checkout process. I was on the 11th floor Internet is easier if you stand by the door or in the hall.
Other trip Nov 3, 2012
Esther
"Had an amazing time in this hotel"
Its in a middle of everything. The hotel is pretty close to DENSHIKOU subway station and from there you can pretty much get to anywhere. The staff was really helpful and the rooms very clean and comfy. I would definitely stay again in this hotel
3 night business trip Oct 12, 2012