All hotels in Anchorage, Alaska, United States of America
826 K St, Anchorage, AK, 99501, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great access to downtown"
We liked everything about the hotel except the mattress was a little soft. Perhaps they have some that are more firm and we will ask for one next time. Other than that it was a great place to stay at a great price.
3 night trip Oct 20, 2012
I was very disappointed with my stay at the Anchorage Downtown Hotel. The decor is absolutely charming and the beds are reasonably comfortable, but I am afraid that is where my positive feedback ends. My room was dreadfully cold, and I suspect this must often be the case, as I located a space heater in my closet during the night while in search of additional blankets, of which there were none. Initially, I had no qualms about the dimunitive dimensions of the room, but the scant amount of floor space was then further depreciated by the bulk of the heater. After a very restless night of feeling like Goldie Locks in a room that was alternatingly too cold or too hot, I headed down to the lobby area for some breakfast. After making my selections from the meager fare, I returned to my room and decided to hazard the shower. It leaked everywhere. I think it is worth mentioning that the bathrooms are not equiped with hair dryers, which I found to be somewhat troublesome as I ventured out into the 20 something degree fahrenheit. Oh, and if one should catch a cold, I found it inconvenient that the room was not stocked with kleenex. I did voice my concerns to the manager on duty as I was checking out, and he stated that he would look into them. Perhaps the next traveller will have a more pleasant stay than my own. As it is, I would not return for another night.
1 night trip Oct 22, 2012
"Cozy, Toasty, and Comfortable"
The Anchorage Downtown Hotel is a nice, cozy place to stay for the weekend. I stayed in a cute, single, Queen-sized bed room. Upon arrival, the things that stuck out the most to me were the room size, lack of bathtub, and the temperature of the room. The room was small, about enough room to comfortably walk around the bed. Which, while we're on the subject, donned bedding that had small stains and tears in it. Nothing big or unreasonable, but the bedding was clearly used a bit more than gently. So, if you're expecting like-new bedding, you may want to be wary. Also, you won't be taking any baths here. The bathroom does not have a bathtub, but rather a long shower with a seat built in. Lastly, when we got there, the room was a little too cold. However, they had a space heater that we had no trouble pulling out and using. It warmed the room up quickly. Overall, it was a cozy place to stay and I wouldn't mind staying there again for a short weekend trip. If longer trips to Anchorage occur in the future, I may think about going for a room that is a bit bigger, albeit more expensive. For the price, this hotel is a good place to stay and will keep you warm, dry, and comfortable. Also, it's very close to all downtown amenities, which is a perk when you're wanting to experience Anchorage. The staff does a good job, especially when considering the hotel isn't part of a multi-billion dollar chain. I feel good knowing the majority of my money didn't go much further than Anchorage.
Other trip Oct 24, 2012
Bri
"great for small people with no baggage"
Room are decorated nicely but are too small. Halways are cramped. No elevator for folks with big or heavy baggage.
Other trip Sep 19, 2012
WI traveler
Hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. Free breakfast, wi-fi were great but the best surprise was the free shuttle to the airport for hotel guests really topped it. Room was nice although the bathroom could do with an upgrade. Will stay here again in the future.
Family trip Sep 12, 2012
"i dont like"
never again
Business trip Sep 6, 2012
Room was extremely small - really too small for 2 people. Breakfast was sparse, but ok. Evening wine advertised in brochure was non-existent. Bead was comfortable and room did have nice touches like refrig, microwave and flat screen tv.
Trip with friends Sep 3, 2012
Ellen
"Close to downtown"
They do have free airport shuttle anytime. Staff was friendly. Close to downtown . Would stay again. Bathroom was dated but clean. Next to park area.
tina
"Cozy, small and over priced"
The hotel is old so don't expect modern conveniences. However, it was clean, bed was very comfortable and staff very friendly. Shuttle takes you whereever you want to go at no charge. Room rate is way too high for what you get. I would not pay the high cost to stay here again.
Other trip Aug 6, 2012
"Not efficient, but decent hotel"
The hotel was clean and well located, but it took 4 hours to clean my (relatively small) room once I checked in. The staff was very friendly, if not very efficient.
Other trip Aug 6, 2012
"Close to the Captain Cook Hotel"
We got into Anchorage in the middle of the night but a day early for meeting our Princess tour to Denali. Rates at this motel were much more reasonable than at the Capt. Cook. There was a continental breakfast and it was a 3 block walk with luggage when it was time to check in at the Capt. Cook. Rooms were very clean and everyone very friendly and helpful;.
Other trip Aug 1, 2012
Camille

"Anchorage experience"
This place was nice and clean,neat and tidy.met all my requirements.t.v fridge,breakfast,comfy bed,4 minute walk to downtown.will be back and recommend.
2 night trip May 31, 2015
ray
"Anchorage Down Town Hotel Anchorage"
Only Problem was no Lift. No Mini Bar. Breakfast Venues very Limited, so had to wait for Coffee!!!!! Good to walk no Hills, just flat good Footpaths. A good Place to stay.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
anna
"Good little Family run Hotel"
This Hotel on 9th is an easy walk to central Anchorage in good weather. It is a timber Hotel with large rooms but no desk for a computer. The free wifi is good and the staff are very good. They supply coffee maker and a small microwave as well. My coffee machine was not cleaner out and there was dirt on the stair carpet every day I was there. The free breakfast was juice and bagels and other buns and cerial.
4 night business trip Jul 19, 2014
Londoner
Friendly and welcoming staff made us feel at home at this good value Boutique Hotel close to the centre of Anchorage
1 night trip Jun 2, 2014
"Probably not the best Anchorage has to offer,..."
One of the hotel staff was not particularly competent. She initially could not provide us for secure suitcase lockup before check-in time (another employee later had no problem with that),.. and then she asked to charge my credit card for an already paid for Expedia purchase (my bad for not sticking to my guns). The next shift took time to sort it out but I'm still waiting for the refund (just not what you want when you are traveling to know when you get home you will have to track the progress on that). The other staff were pleasant enough. The place itself is an old building, it feels more like you are in a big house than a regular hotel. The floors and walls are paper thin in terms of noise containment. My biggest concern was cleanliness. The bathroom was ok, and floor vacuumed, but the bed spread made me wonder how well (many hairs and a weird smell). I'm ok with all of that if the price was low,... but it wasn't.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Reasonably convenient, just OK."
Rooms are small but clean, very tight for 2 adults & luggage (1 case each). No lift, so carrying heavy bags up 3 floors of stairs was a big effort. Lucky we are fit or it would have been near impossible. The bathrooms are very tired and badly need an upgrade. Probably a bit expensive for what it was. The photos on the net make it look a lot better than in reality! The staff however were very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Sep 14, 2012
S.C.

"ふつうにconfortでした"
他の方が書かれているとおり、お風呂が狭かったり窓が壊れてたりしましたが、周辺他のホテルとの値段差を考えると程々だと思います、豪華な旅行で無ければ充分かと。従業員さんは確かに愛想よかったです。高級ホテルは逆に話しかけづらかったりもしますので。 ちなみに近隣の工事は終わってたのでうるさくはありませんでした。
1 night business trip Jun 21, 2015
JP
"Indiskutabel"
Das erste angebotene Zimmer hatte kein echtes Fenster, sondern nur ein Fenster auf den Hotelflur. Beim zweiten Zimmer ließ sich das Fenster nicht schließen. Einen Koffer aufzuklappen war in dem winzigen Zimmer kaum möglich - entweder kam man nicht mehr an die Kleiderstange oder konnte die Tür nicht mehr öffnen. Und zu allem Überfluss war das Zimmer auch alles andere als sauber. Staub auf dem Nachtisch, undefinierbare Flecken auf dem Bettüberwurf und Krümel auf dem Fußboden. Am ersten Tag kam der Roomservice um 9:00 Uhr - da stand ich unter der Dusche. Meine Bitte später wieder zu kommen, wurde erfüllt: in den nächsten 24 Stunden wurde das Zimmer nicht mehr in Ordnung gebracht.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
DE
"客房空間配置"
客房太小,行李箱沒地方放,也沒有可供書寫或電腦用的桌椅,對商務旅客而言,不太方便!
6 night business trip Jul 20, 2014
TW
"regular"
El hotel esta bien ubicado, si vas de crucero esta a dos cuadras del marriot que es de donde salen los shuttle. No obstante es un hotel muy chico que no cuenta con ningún tipo de comodidad adicional. El shuttle que me cobraron del aeropuerto al hotel fue caro. Por lo demás es un hotel normal para pasar la noche. Las habitaciones están limpias. El hotel es muy chico.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
MX
"奇麗な部屋"
アンカレッジのダウンタウンから近くて非常にリーズナブルな価格でした。部屋もきれいだったので是非また利用したいホテルです。
2 night trip Aug 28, 2013
JP
"Nice stay in Anchorage"
Clean room with OK service - friendly and helpful staff. Would have liked to have a table and chair at the room - otherwise this hotel met all my requirements. A nice walk of 5-10 minutes to get to 5`th street, where you can have everything you might want. A short walk to groceries at 13`and K , where you can buy your own supplies to make the stay even more cost efficient. If you are looking for a reasonable stay i can recommend this hotel to anyone who is used to help themselves out. PS Breakfast is not why you stay at this hotel..
8 night business trip Nov 3, 2012
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013
CN
3 night trip Jun 20, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Anchorage Downtown Hotel

"In the shadow of the Marriott "
07/27/15 cybertraveler Orange County, CA
That pretty well described the Anchorage Downtown Hotel....living in the shadow of something better. It wasn't a terrible hotel, but I probably wouldn't stay there again. I knew with our flight getting in at 1 am that all we needed was a clean bed, a shower and free parking. I should have been. More specific on my wish list and made it clear I wanted a bed that did not have a sink hole in the middle of it. We got in around 2:00am and the front door was unlocked. We rang a bell and the manager came right out and checked us in. We had to go up to flights of stairs with our luggage which was ok for us, but would not be for many people. The room was relatively clean but very dated in the interior decor. There was a flat screen mounted up high, but we couldn't get but just a few channels and the remote wasn't working. Our bathroom was small but functional. It had an odd LED light up faucet on the sink and the shower tile was not exactly mildew free. WiFi was spotty at best and looked to be coming from the managers unit. Towels and sheets appeared to be clean. I think that for the price it left a lot to be desired. But rooms in Anchorage are not cheap and this filled our basic need for a place to crash for a few hours as we left the next morning for Denali.
"This is a surprise and not a good one."
07/27/15 myliege Denver, Colorado
One star because the lady at check in was nice. Otherwise, the room was a pit: no outside window, but a window that opened onto a hallway, where people passing in the hall could stick their arm in the room. Dirty, small, dark, old, hot-they call this a boutique hotel but really it is a flophouse. The breakfast was minimal-cereal and toast and mini muffins from Costco. Don't stay here- stay any where else.
"Good Hotel but no 24 h reception"
07/26/15 JanaKrupka711 Prague, Czech Republic
Me and the Anchorage Downtown Hotel had a bad start. The Hotels description was saying that the Hotel had a 24h reception, well they been lying. I came all the way from Prague-Denver-Phoenix and than finally to Anchorage. I wrote and also called the Hotel way in advanced that my flight from Phoenix to Anchorage will be long and that I will arrive after midnight. They sad it will be okay and that I can checkin even after 3am. Well I arrived there around 1am and the Hotel was locked and even I tried to call the number what was written on the front door, nobody pick up the phone. I tried to reach out to the customer care service from Expedia and even those didnt had much luck than I had. It was than around 3am and I gave up and looked for a hotel what was still open. To my bad luck the only ones were the Marriott and th other the Hiltion. I choose the Marriot had a room with breakfast (only coffee) and payed for 7 hours (checkout 10 am ) more than 250 $. The next day once I checkout from the Marriott I went to my original Anchorage Downtown Hotel and asked them what went wrong. They than told me: "The Reception should have been there, and they havent received any calls" Unbelievable - they havent even apologized. But as I travelled so far I wasnt really in the mood to fight with the Hotel Manager, so I was gonna leave it to Expedia once I will be back. Overall the room I had from the 2nd day on for a week it was okay. For the price I booked the Hotel, the Hotel was okay. So I guess they changed the Managment and also the receptionist so I will for sure book there a room again, and I will try to come not that late.
"Anchorage Good Hotel"
07/19/15 JITENDERhotelclassic New Delhi, India
We stayed in this hotel post cruise tour. It is small hotel of 16Rooms located in downtown. It is old property with wooden floors so you hear walking noise on upper floors. There are no porters and this is self service hotel. Lady at front desk was very courteous and helpful. We had one big room on ground level. Furniture is little worn out and need some attention. Breakfast room is next to front office and is very small and had limited items. WiFi was free and was good. Overall our stay was good and we will recommend this place to our friends.
"Economical, Convenient and Friendly"
07/17/15 Pfrista Cleveland, Ohio, United States
We stayed at the Anchorage Downtown Hotel overnight in preparation for a rail trip to Seward to board a cruise ship. Our party of four arrived at the Anchorage airport 12 hours later than scheduled, which put us at the airport around 1:30 a.m. A representative from the hotel still cheerfully drove the free shuttle to pick us up and bring us to the hotel. The accommodations were clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast is included. We were to check in for our rail trip and cruise at the Downtown Marriott, which seems to be the "preferred hotel" for these pre-cruise check-ins. This hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the Marriott. Be aware there is no elevator, so if you are prone to travel with abundant luggage, ask for a first floor room. Since we stayed for such a short time, I can't speak about any attractions nearby.
"Very deceptive photos on Web Site"
07/17/15 slc5rings Salt Lake City, Utah
We booked our stay based on the photos we viewed on the hotel's web site. These photos do not resemble anything in the room we were shown. The king bed had two hollows, one on each side. There was no ventilation, and the handle on the single casement window was broken, preventing the admission of fresh air to the room. The dresser had been painted, and the paint was very badly chipped. The carpeting was dirty. The bathroom was postage-stamp sized. No elevator - you have to carry your bags up the stairs
"Only as a last resort....."
07/16/15 ColoradoVet Windsor, Colorado
My husband chose this facility without checking reviews. Anchorage rooms are notoriously pricey, and in Europe we have had pleasant experiences in staying in smaller, family run facilities close to the action. Well, that philosophy didn't work here. Despite the name, the facility was six or so blocks from what would be considered downtown visitor-drawing areas. We were panhandled several times on the walk there and back. The room: tiny. Again, we have been in Europe lots of times and the size doesn't really bother us, but no headboard (pillows were leaned up against the wall), no a/c, and dirt/dust caked into the popcorn ceiling above the ceiling fan left a definite skeevy feeling. The furniture appeared to be garage sale finds: nothing matched and the dresser was so beat up there is no way anyone could have wiped it clean. To facilitate air flow, we had to open the window, which pointed toward the main road that comprises the Friday night cruising circuit, so high revving and peeling rubber went on well past midnight. Thank goodness we had a window. Other room's windows opened into the main hallway past which management feebly tried to move air along with table top fans. Here are the positives: management hired top-notch front desk staff: incredibly helpful and friendly. The breakfast was better than I expected given the room quality, but very tiny area to eat in. The shuttle was helpful and a nice touch. We had planned two more nights there in Anchorage a week later when we came back out of the interior, but got on the Internet and changed those reservations as fast as we could.
"Just decent"
07/09/15 Marchador Seattle, Washington
After reading the reviews I was expecting hundreds of cockroaches waiting for me. Well, they weren´t. It´s true that the bedroom had some stains here and there, and they should be cleaned immediately. Also the refrigerator smelled like hell, and there was no option to open the window as the room faced a hallway. Staff is awesome and very helpful, I don´t understand how the management doesn´t have the hotel better maintained. It looks like they bought the hotel just remodeled 15 years ago and they have done nothing to keep it fresh and in shape. My stay was ok but if I ever come back won´t be here.
"Great Boutique Hotel with Wonderful Service"
07/03/15 Annabelle O
A great price and just a walk from downtown is this local boutique hotel. We had a spacious room on the first floor with a king bed, fridge and an HD flat screen TV on the wall. Dana and Angelina were great and took care of us helping with free airport pickup to helping to accommodate our dietary needs with gluten-free options. I highly recommend and would stay again, thank you!
"Good for a night"
07/02/15 Annett C
Very friendly staff, willing to assist and sorted some issues quickly. Small hotel with no a/c or lift (3 floors) and the maintanance standard is poor. Bed was comfy and the breakfast adequate. Free shuttle to airport.