All hotels in Santa Clara, California, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here2500 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA, 95051, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
"Never again, very disappointed"
Horrible rooms, very outdated. Way too expensive, Small bugs on lamp shades, air/heat did not work, rude night time staff, rough looking people at night time walking around, knocking on my door, when I called the front desk ***** answered, I expressed my concern for the man walking around outside, and ended up leaving because i felt ***** didn't sense my concern and just brushed it off. NEVER will I stay here again.
1 night trip Mar 24, 2015
"Stay"
Most uncomfortable bed ever. Had plastic on bed and sheets were like paper and blanket had cigarette burns.
1 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
Isaac
"Mariani's a reasonable hotel for the price"
I found the hotel to be reasonably well maintained but that the real issue was the hotel needs to improve upo thew sound proofing between adjacent rooms and the room directly above. All I could hear from the room or rooms above was walking and jumping no conversation. However the adjacent rooms I could hear everything and so I left the tv on most of the night to sort of create a pink noise environment to to hear the next room over conversations
4 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
"Nightmare at check-in"
Check in process what a nightmare. We had reserved a room for us and our 17 year old sons. They said the 17 year olds had to be present to check in then said they could not check in because they were under 18. Nothing made sense
1 night family trip Mar 17, 2015
"Convenient Toilet Paper Location"
Toilet paper holder hung over the toilet seat slightly making it nearly impossible to use the toilet. Fix it!!! A little (actually a lot of) updating is in order.
2 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
Friendly staff and comfortable rooms.
2 night business trip Mar 9, 2015
"I can't recommend."
Very dated. Dirty chair and carpet. Bathroom was very clean. Bath towels reminded me of high school gym towels- thin and scratchy. The t.v. was so old it had a built in vcr in the front! When was the last time you saw one of those?? Remotes didn't work. I stayed one night and wouldn't go back.
1 night family trip Mar 9, 2015
The stay took me back 30 years. 18 inch tube tv, no hairdryer, no ironing board. Listen to the guy upstairs walk around. Between floors must have been 2-3 inches no soundproofing.
2 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
"Hotel"
There's no shuttle service until 7am and it ends at 10pm. Hotels.com booked this hotel because I needed a shuttle but ended up paying for a cab both ways. I landed at midnight and had to leave by 5am so no shuttle. The breakfast was good though.
1 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
joanne
"Poor air conditioner"
The air conditioner is noisy and uncontrollable. It gets too hot very fast. So I had to turn it on and off again and again.
2 night family trip Feb 23, 2015
"A good alternative - although not really cheap"
We needed a stay within half an hour as our original hotel in Santa Clara was overbooked and didn't know anything about our reservation. Booked online via hotel.com and arrived 20 min later wihtout any problems at the reception. Mariani's Inn was well prepared. Thanks! PS: Breakfast buffet is also well equipped.
1 night romance trip Feb 18, 2015
Mai
"Spend a little more and feel better."
Paid for a 2 queen deluxe room. What I got was room 104. Nasty. Looks nothing like the picture on line. Mattress's have not been changed out in years. Room smelled of excessive bleach. The carpet is so nasty that I put on socks to walk around. TV is a 20" CRT, who still has these?, even motel 6 has better ones. The towels and wash clothes are thin and scratchy. The breakfast was decent, but not hot more like lukewarm. You can't take even a grape from. The Bbar. Was stopped with some grapes and asked to put them back.
2 night romance trip Feb 4, 2015
laverne
"OLD, DIRTY AND LOUD"
I booked this room for one of our technicians that was here on business. He called me the first night of his trip and asked to be moved to a different hotel. He said that the room was terrible. He said it was old and dirty and actually had cockroaches in it. He said it was also very loud. The only redeeming factor was the restaurant. The food there was very good, but it still does not make up for the room. We will never book anyone to there again.
4 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
Fieldservice
"Very disappointed"
The picture posted on your website was very deceiving. I searched for a 3-3.5 star room with 2 queen beds. We arrived to an old run down 1 star hotel with 2 full beds. I tried to overlook it since we weren't spending that much time in the room. It's a place to sleep. But, they offered a complimentary breakfast that we only took advantage of one day out of the three days we were there. I would not feed that dry tasteless food to my dogs. I should have suspected something when I walked in and the girls at the checkin desk were just wearing regular street clothes. Jeans and a hooded sweater.
2 night family trip Jan 18, 2015
Lailanie
"It is what it is, get over yourselves."
I wound up in the area needing a place to stay because a job ran over another day. They had vacancies and the price was less than half of other places in the area. The rooms are outdated, but were clean. Ignore the negative reviews, some people just need to complain about things. I don't stay at a hotel because I'm looking for somewhere to watch a nice TV. It's cheap and convenient, breakfast was decent. Hotel staff were pleasant to deal with. Bed wasn't the most comfortable, but for the price I don't see how you could do any better.
1 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
"great costumer service"
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Lindsay
"Pleasant and clean."
Pleasant and intelligent staff. Clearly an older motel, from the 50s likely, but kept clean and in good condition and catering to respectable clientele. Personally, I prefer a lower-key motel/hotel where you can actually open the windows, and which is located not-near-a-freeway, so I was pleased with my experience. The little restaurant associated with the motel was also pleasant, and played French lounge music! :)
3 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
catherine
"Business trip at Mariani's Inn"
The price by Hotels.com was consistent with the quality provided. The breakfast at this place was wonderful: Very healthy and started on time at 6 am. The room did not have simple amenities upon arrival such as soap and shampoo. This was provided without asking for my second night stay. The bed spread and towels were washed in Colorax extensively. I appreciated the fact that they were disinfected. At the same time, the smell of chlorine would wake me up at night. The heater/air conditioning unit in the room was very noisy. I had to turn the heater on at night and was forced to choose between a warm/noisy room versus a cold/quiet room. Decided to go with the cold/quiet room.
2 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
"Typical motel with paper thin walls and ceiling"
This is a typical old motel so wasn't expecting much but still had a horrible night. Stayed on the first floor and you hear absolutely every movement on the floor above. Every step, every weight shift, everything. It's just not worth it. TV next door might as well be in your room. Avoid like the plague or make sure you're on the top floor with no neighbors.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
"Hotel is on a major street but you wouldn't know."
Its a very peaceful hotel. Quite and relaxing. Great for a quick getaway.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
Gina
"Terrible Mariani's Inn in San Jose, CA"
Dear Reader, When I asked the waiter please bring a glass of hot milk, I have a coughing, "only cold milk" hardly answered but I again I need a hot milk, please heat it for me. He said no, I can't do that. The hotel admin provides a breakfast with the tracking coupon which is required verification. Provided breakfast is very poor breakfast that I have seen in my life... They have to come to Turkey and learn the basic services at least.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Murad
"Historic! Pet-friendly! Great restaurant & lounge!"
My husband and I travel to the 'Bay Area' at least twice a month and always get a hotel that is pet-friendly. For some reason, unfortunately for us, we have overlooked Mariani's for years! I am so glad that we finally found such a great place to stay. Mariani's serves a complimentary, "full" buffet breakfast...AND, they have a great lounge where you can unwind after a long day on the road. There is a bar menu with great menu choices at a reduced price. There is a very nice dining with a large menu with "not your everyday food". Give it a try...you will be pleasantly surprised! This is a Historic Landmark, so don't expect everything to be totally modern, but the rooms are comfy and clean...which is what I want in a hotel. The rest is a "Plus"!
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
Bonnie & Bob
"Decent budget motel"
Decent budget motel. I have stayed here multiple times because it is one of the few in this area which always seem to have vacancy. The price is fair. The overall condition of the place is rundown but the rooms I have stayed in are satisfactorily clean. Some of the mattresses are better than others and all rooms have an old CRT TV. If you long for that analog picture, here ya go. The breakfast is much better than your typical continental "in the lobby" breakfast. I have had a few cases where people are standing around outside my window smoking and speaking loudly which is annoying. The desk help and the restaurant workers all seem very friendly and helpful.
4 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
Christopher
"Do Not Stay Here"
The room was horrible I will never stay at this hotel again. The room was filthy the comforter blanket and sheets were full of holes. The water in the shower did not work at all. The AC unit was so loud I could not hear the TV over it even when turned up to max. The walls were deteriorating and the door was rusting all around. Honestly it looked like an abandoned hotel in a horror movie.
1 night business trip Nov 19, 2014
"Don't worry"
I was worried about having to book at this hotel after reading the reviews, but the inn was more than acceptable. Although the inn has some age, the rooms were clean and the staff was very helpful. The free breakfast was awesome! The neighborhood was safe.
2 night business trip Nov 11, 2014
Teresa
"The Bates Motel is alive in Santa Clara"
I needed a last minute hotel for a stop over on a business trip. My usual hotel in the area was booked up as were most of the other decent places near Sunnyvale. Rolled the dice on this place, and crapped out. Check in was promising, the front desk girl was nice. No upstairs rooms available, so I knew to lower my expectations for a good night's sleep. Got the room key, which is an actual gigantic brass key, yes an actual key! That's a bad sign. the place is ancient and too cheap to upgrade the locks to cards. I made it around back to the room and the parking lot was full of construction workers drinking and smoking in the parking lot. They were all staying at the hotel. Opened the ancient flimsy door and saw an ugly, stained and dirty room. The beds are garbage, cheap and mushy with scratchy sheets that are too small for the beds, so they pull off the corners when you sit on the bed. The upstairs neighbor was loud, or maybe the building was acting like a giant amplifier. This place was awful, drive away and find a better spot, or have a lousy night. The choice is yours.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
Grant
"Over Priced -"
The room was clean, but it did not match the picture on the Web site,, old TV,, not Flat screen,, and its over priced I feel,,, good free breakfast is a plus.....
2 night family trip Nov 4, 2014
"Very nice people and an old hotel"
I only stayed one night. The staff was very polite and friendly. The hotel itself needs an overhaul. Their free breakfast buffet actually had good food (bacon, sausage, eggs, potatoes, etc.). The bed was a little more firm than I'm used to but it didn't seem to bother my sleep. The little refrigerator was too noisy so I had to unplug it. The TV was the old picture tube type but it worked well with lots of channels. One strange thing: The door key was an actual metal key. I travel a lot and I have only seen electronic door keys in the last 10 years.
1 night business trip Nov 5, 2014
Greg
"Beware of false advertising"
I did not get the room in the picture! The room I got was from the 70s. The carpet was dirty the room smelled old the TV was a dinosaur! The service was good and the breakfast was good.
1 night business trip Nov 4, 2014
"Disappointed in Hotel"
Room clean but old. Bed extremely uncomfortable-rolled to the middle. Not all amenities offered. Requested shuttle, NO shuttle to airport in AM had to pay for taxi. Very disappointing for the price.
1 night romance trip Oct 28, 2014
Linda K
It's fine, just really old and rundown. Locks were questionable, TV old, just felt "dirty". Fine place to crash, but not a place I would voluntarily stay.
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
"Excellant location"
The room and the grounds were very clean and well kept up, keeping in mind it is an older building. We had a bit of an issue with the electricity going off (a fuse maybe), and some of the staff were not too friendly but they did get the job done OK. The location was quiet and the Restaurant and Bar were good for drinks and dinner and OK for the free breakfast buffet.
1 night trip Oct 1, 2014
I wasn't happy with the room my TV was from 1980 and had a very bad picture. I don't think the TV was even 9 inches.
1 night business trip Sep 30, 2014
"Last Resort"
This was a last resort because every other hotel was taken. I would not come back here.
1 night business trip Sep 30, 2014
"the nfl experience."
Experience was great! shuttle was right on time got us to hotel in timely manner to drop our bags get directions on how to catch the bus and perfect timing to take the tour of levi stadium. The breakfast was great being that it was located at like at dinning facility where u had to get a ticket from the hotel($12 value). Everything was smooth as the cold orange juice that i drank the two mornings I was there. very quiet surroundings not a lot of noise seemed more like a place for retirement. If you plan on going to levi stadium and wanna be close by and just have a nice cozy friendly place then this is it.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
lin
Nice staff but the hotel is very old and in need of updating
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
"Not what it used to be"
I had stayed at Marianni's Inn 7-8 years ago and found it to be good. This time round I was not as pleased. The place looks run down, rooms are very old. It rained on one of the days and on that day, the dinning room's roof was dripping. Breakfast is good but exactly the same everyday.
5 night trip Sep 24, 2014
"airport shuttle a joke"
Airport shuttle not available to take pilots to the closest side of airport, even though front desk sign says it will shuttle to the airport
1 night business trip Sep 23, 2014
"Not terrible for the money"
The hotel is old and rundown, not a lot of reinvestment going on here. The room was tiny. Bed was not super comfy. The shower was good. The free breakfast was better than continental. Had some fresh fruit, scrambled eggs and french toast. The location was perfect for me. The roof in the breakfast area was leaking on a rainy day. The happy hour had half price appetizers and good beer specials. The place didn't blow my socks off but I would probably stay here again because the price was reasonable even with last minute reservation.
3 night trip Sep 23, 2014
"Good business hotel"
This is a good business hotel. The full sit-down breakfast is unique for a property like this. My only suggestion would be to have ironing boards and irons in all rooms instead of having to come to the Front Desk to ask for one, then lug them back to your room.
1 night business trip Sep 24, 2014
Mike C.
"Not clean and overpriced"
Room was filthy and smelt of urine
1 night business trip Sep 23, 2014
Jack
"Do not go by the photos"
The place was old , out dated . Beds they said were a queen were only a double and Very old and springy. Only two old flat pillows on the bed. And for what we paid. It was not worth it. The carpets were filthy. I left my socks on. The bathroom was extra small. The parking was ok. I could park close to the room. But for breakfast in the morning you had to go to the lobby get a voucher find a place to park if you are like me amd have a hard time walking.
1 night trip Sep 22, 2014
Lori
Service at the breakfast buffet was careless at best. Staff was not around much, food trays were empty. When I asked a staff member about replenishing the food trays, was told "it will be right out". It never came. Hotel itself was very nice, facility and staff. Plan on eating somewhere else though.
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2014
"close to Levi Stadium"
it was ok
1 night family trip Aug 19, 2014
"Best place for the price in the area"
This is a great hotel compared to the others in the area ( Granada Inn is the worst). The customer service is 5 star, the rooms are neat and clean. The restaurant is amazing, great mean options.
2 night business trip Aug 13, 2014
Mario
"just ok"
when i did book it , i was thinking it will be better then others motels , i could stay for less not far from there , the motel is kind of rundown .
1 night business trip Aug 13, 2014
gadi
"terrible"
Not worth a dime. An hourly rate motel would have been better. Seriously. Any of the multiple hotels across the street would have been cheaper, cleaner and more up to date amenities. Pass on this dump!
1 night business trip Aug 10, 2014
Tobias
"Nicely maintained older hotel"
The staff was friendly, helpful and professional. Loved the large, very clean, heated pool and hot tub. Included breakfast buffet was lovely. Rooms very clean but older furnishings. Bathroom updated. Beds well used but o.k.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Lou
"Dated hotel, clean, shuttle isn't reliable"
You have to give 24 hours notice that you want the shuttle. And even then the front desk doesn't answer the phone.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
mikel
"Great experience!"
There was homeless people sleeping in the car at the parking lot. I noticed hotel staff, next night same guy was again there. Room was disgusting and smelly. In addition at the airport we noticed that somebody had hit our car.