All hotels in Scarborough, Maine, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here2 Ashley Dr, Scarborough, ME, 04074, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

"Never Again!"
Our stay started bad. We were given a room that had an odor come to find out there was old food in the cabinets. The room was dirty with beer caps on the carpet. Also, for whatever reason the room did not have a phone. We informed the attendant who was much nicer and helpful than the lady who checked us in and were placed in another room. At check in we were not informed about the procedures for signing out kitchen ware, removal of trash, daily room cleaning procedures, etc. Overall we were extremely disappointed with our stay. We were informed that the manager would be informed but the manager never made contact with us. I did ask for the manager upon departure and was informed that she was not available.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"nice place"
Shopping trip
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
Louise
"Served the purpose with no luxury or extra comfort"
We wanted a kitchen due to diet restrictions. For that reason, I will say the hotel met our expectations. However, there were no extra comforts. We had to ask for kitchen supplies and only received two plates, cups, utensils since there were only two of us. We received one pot, one frying pan, a spectacular and drying rack. No extra comforts (cutting board, can opener). There is a small table with three chairs, but no comfy chair to relax on. The beds were very comfortable and we had two great nights sleep. The bathroom was very dated and needs much TLC. The towels were small and a bit thin. The light switch controlled the one and only light in the bathroom and the very loud vent fan. It was so loud that we would opt to leave the bathroom door slightly open and not turn on the light/fan. The shower pressure was amazing and we had plenty of hot water. The hotel was perfectly located near shopping and was in a very quiet office building park. The hotel served our purpose but had no luxury or extra comfort. Most likely will pay the extra next time to have a bit more comfort at another hotel.
2 night trip with friends Oct 24, 2014
"Not impressed"
Hotel room smelled and hallways smelled funky. Found dirty socks and other belongings in our room. Carpets were gross too.
1 night trip with friends Oct 18, 2014
Lauren
"Good Stay for the Price"
Clean, nice size room, convenient to airport but not Portland, great stay for the price.
1 night trip Oct 1, 2014
"Great Location, Disgusting Room"
My husband and I decided to stay here due to an early flight the next morning at PWM, it was very close! We reserved a smoking room, so the smell was expected, but truthfully it was still very strong. There were big stains all over the carpet, a huge red stain on the curtains, the kitchen was a nice amenity just not very clean and you'd think with the fact it was a Smoking room it would have an ashtray.. but it didnt. We called the front desk to have one sent to us and they said they would. An hour went by and still no ashtray. We were too tired to deal with anyone and by that time we used a plastic cup provided in the bathroom and we put water in it. No one ever came to our room.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Tiffany
"Maine marathon"
It was a nice place to stay , staff was very nice ! I would go back
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Highly Recommend"
It was pretty perfect in every way. Check in was fast and friendly, room was comfortable and clean and grocery store was close. I applaud the maid staff for the maintenance of the rooms. You can book this room with confidence.
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
Duns
"Nicer than comparable hotels AND has kitchenette!"
It was really nice to have the kitchenette complete with dishes! Why would you ever stay in another hotel that doesn't have one?
1 night romance trip Sep 29, 2014
Lindy
"Nice secluded spot - privacy and comfort"
I like that there is a kitchenette & that you don't have to worry about housecleaning every day. Go get fresh towels yourself. I'll definitely stay here again.
3 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"Comfortable stay"
It was a clean facility. Appreciated the conveniences of the kitchen. Nicely located.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
"Hotel or rooming house??"
I tried to write a review, but the form keeps rejecting it, even though I pared it down to 1500 characters. Since I can't write what I have to say, I'll just say read the fine print. Extended Stay America is not your standard hotel.
5 night family trip Aug 20, 2014
Greg
"Weekend Stay"
Mostly satified with the stay experience. Hotel staff friendly and helpful. The room was clean but had a lingering odor of some type of ethnic cooking, sort of like Indian food. And I love Indian food, just not smelling the after-cooking smells for our 48 hour stay in your hotel.
2 night trip Aug 21, 2014
Allen
"surprisingly clean"
this is a no frills hotel. I felt that it was kind of pricey for being in the middle of no where. The hotel needs major upgrade but it was surprisingly very clean. Despite the cleanliness the sme was pretty awful. We were in a non smoking room which was clearly near someone who smoked. They also allow pets which I never had an issue with but I also think it adds to the smell. If possible I would skip this hotel.
2 night business trip Aug 8, 2014
The hotel is located close to the maine mall which is good. Nobody came cleaning or room in the 4 days that we stay... The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The wi-fi connexion is good
3 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2014
Lysanne
"Review of Extended Stay Portland Scarborough"
We were very pleased with the layout of the room and overall appearance of the hotel. It was in an excellent location for our purposes.
3 night trip Aug 7, 2014
"worst hotel ever"
Overall lack of customer service at front desk, smell of cheese and stale food throughout hallways, awful cigarette smell in rooms which caused headaches in both me and my husband, lack of flexibility or desire to please customer upon complaint, leaking refrigerator, overall worst hotel experience in the last 10 years.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2014
Very pleasant. Very helpful staff. Proximity to downtown and only a mile from Maine Mall are big pluses.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Manny
"Great place to stay in Portland"
This is the best Extended Stay America unit I have seen. The staff is extremely helpful and, except for a few quirks, the rooms are comfortable. It's convenient to the airport, food and not far from downtown Portland.
1 night business trip Jun 25, 2014
Gil Gibson
"Whooo Maine!"
We had a great stay thanks to the great staff named Melissa. She helped with providing menus, ideas for daily tourist locations and ensuring that our needs where taken care of. GLBT community is welcomed!!!
Other trip May 27, 2014
"I was very impressed with everything"
I had a great time, room was well worth the month. I will be back for sure
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"PET FRIENDLY"
Extremely friendly front desk to the point where they call your room to make sure everything is okay. I stayed here because they are pet friendly and there aren't "certain rooms" that are pet friendly, it's the entire hotel. The rooms are okay, it could have been cleaner as there were some food splatters on the cupboard. I also couldn't find a blow dryer anywhere but realized I had packed mine. It was inexpensive so the price matched the quality of the room. I will stay here again.
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2014
"Reasonable, clean and comfortable"
This is a no frills hotel but the staff and condition were excellent. Room was quiet, clean and comfortable.
1 night trip Jan 23, 2014
"Very convientient location to everything."
Staff was very pleasant. Room was spacious and comfortable.
3 night trip Jan 11, 2014
"Nice enough."
Clean. Quiet. Geared towards longer staying client. Grumpy front desk. $25 pet fee on top of Expedia price. Free really basic breakfast- good enough.
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
Great
1 night romance trip Dec 2, 2013
"Unfortunately not very good"
Our stay turned out poorly. The first room we were in while called a non-smoking room clearly a previous guest had been smoking in the bathroom. The night staff was helpful and got us a new room right away. The second room while clean enough had a loud refrigerator and heating system. Slept poorly. Didn't stay for the second night.
2 night trip Nov 28, 2013
"inn"
Super cute inn. They deliver cookies to your room for turn down service. Room service included a fine dining menu. A couple minor oversights on cleanliness, ie dirty qtip in the bathroom. Shower was not hot at all. Seems like it was set to a certain temp and it wasn't going either way.
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
"Very good stay"
This place is centrally located between the places I like to visit while in Maine. The rooms are always clean, the staff is always friendly and the prices are always good!
2 night trip Nov 9, 2013
"Very convenient"
Very satisfactory.
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2013
"Easy Peasy stay with all the utensils!"
Great little spot with all the utensils, fridge, and a super market/ liquor store across the street to boot!
1 night trip Oct 9, 2013
csredd
"Avoid at any cost"
I booked a non-smoking room with a queen size bed. I arrived just before midnight only to find out that they only had smoking rooms available. I complained to them and to Expedia. There were no non-smoking rooms available in a 10 or 20 mile radius. Having no other options I went into the room which reeked of cigarette smoke. The bathroom was in a miserable state without even a little sample shampoo in it. There was a "kitchen" which really meant that the room was tiny to leave space for the kitchen. I left the windows open and blasted the heat to maintain a reasonable temperature in the rom but the pillows, the sheets, the blankets, everything reeked like cigarette. A terrible experience. Having said that, the guy who was at the counter - his name was Zen - was extremely polite and did everything he could to help (while also doing laundry duty) but unfortunately there was nothing he could do.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
Anthony
"was ok but!"
I have stayed here many times in the past and most were ok except the issue of the fans in the bathrooms getting fixed and notified extended stay office in a review which they are working on. this stay had a repaired fan but I found black hairs on the sink and in the tub. It bothered me but I figured I could deal with it by removing with a tissue and flushing them. however on the last day after a morning shower I took a towel of the rack and started to dry my face and had a long black hair stuck to my face. that drew the last straw, gross me out. I told the front desk and asked if whoever was doing the laundry is wearing a hair net or not , they did not know. they front desk rep stated they would tell the boss about it. was not to happy about the issue. I like these hotels due to having the kitchen as I am usually there several nights which saves me money of not eating out all the time. there has to be more attention to cleaning the rooms and anyone doing the laundry should be wearing a hair net to avoid hairs getting on the towels.
2 night business trip Oct 8, 2013
matt p
"close to lexington,concord,louisa May Alcott home,"
Nice enough room. Clean with a Great bed and Pillows which is the most important thing. Thin towels, very very weak breakfast without even juice.
1 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2013
"Affordable hotel, nice room"
The hotel was conveniently located, having the full efficiency studio was nice and not a normal amenity in a room at this price range. Cleaning and maintenance staff overlooked a few things in the room, but it was overall clean and very comfortable. I would stay there again.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Comfortable & very adequate.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
"Clean, convenient and affordable."
The hotel service was excellent, friendly and helpful staff. The hotel was clean comfortable and conveniently located. I would stay there again.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
"Convenient and Easy to Visit Relatives on the Beac"
Everything was fine...good value and convenient location. Breakfast grab and go was a plus! Staff was always helpful!
5 night trip Aug 23, 2013
H.C. M. Rossen
No complaints it's a great place to stay.
2 night business trip Aug 31, 2013
Gp
"Very disappointing"
When we arrived there was no one at the counter and we had to use the phone to call someone to check us in. There was nothing in the room, not even a bar of soap. We asked where the vending machines were and they said they had taken them out of the hotel. Overpriced. Don't stay here.
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
"Just the place to stop after a long drive"
We were pleasantly surprised how easily and quickly we were able to take advantage of the amenities that this Extended Stay America provided. The kitchen was perfectly equipped to allow us to stay in, instead of going out for dinner after a long day on the road. The room was large with ample space to keep clutter out of the way. The layout was such that the use of the kitchen did not interfere with the sleeping and sitting areas. The space and the services worked well for us. We would definitely stop at another Extended Stay.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
LW
"close to activities"
convenient to area, mall, race track and beach. Clean. Would use again.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"Nice price, need a car to get to tourist areas"
Convenient location if you have a car Not great without. It was great having a kitchen and the Shaws market nearby.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
MSD
"Surprisingly very nice!"
We only stayed there one night. The room we had was very nice, it had a full size fridge,cook stove,etc. It would have been a great place to stay if stay longer then one night.The room was very clean.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
Bev
"Excellent hotel. Close to the airport."
The hotel and staff were excellent, and the price was very reasonable. I would not hesitate to book this hotel again, and would hope to have a much longer stay the next time. The room was immaculate in condition and the bed/linens clean and comfortable. I cannot think of anything negative to say about my experience.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"OK Hotel. Close to mall, grocery and dining."
Acceptable for the price. Cons were poor cooking utensils, bathroom fan and door were broken, refrigerator leaked, room was non-smoking and was permeated by the smell of cigarette smoke. Pros were the location and price and that pets are allowed. The pet fee is expensive, but the staff was kind enough to charge us only one night of the fee as opposed to the per night charge for each night.
Other trip Aug 22, 2013
"reasonable prices, you get what you pay for"
I liked the stay since it's close to main attractions and malls, outlets and some other adventures. the best thing is the reasonable price for a family of 6 persons. the breakfast preparation is weak but the the over all experience is very good
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
"Feels like a home away from home beautiful hotel"
I would recommend anyone visiting the portland/Scarborough are stay here at this beautiful hotel. It has all the comforts of home in a room that will please even picky consumers. The value is also tremendous. For anyone needing longer term accommodation this hotel is a must. The staff are not only helpful but exceedingly friendly and will go the extra mile for guests. The location is very convenient being close to the portland airport (but far enough you don't hear planes), excellent shopping including the maine mall right down the street, numerous restaurants, grocery stores and major highways. You certainly can't go wrong here.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"It was just what we were looking for."
We wanted something not expensive and it was very nice. We were pleasantly surprised.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
"Wouldn't want to stay here for an extended stay"
It may not be fair to judge this hotel for a two-night stay because it's intended for longer stays. This explains why they don't provide cleaning/towel service every day. The rooms are barren, dated and utilitarian. The towels are cheap and thin. It was OK for a few days, but I wouldn't come back, especially for an extended stay.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013