All hotels in Scarborough, Maine, United States of America
2 Ashley Dr, Scarborough, ME, 04074, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

"Ok but we will stay somewhere else"
OK stay but neighbors were a bit loud and every once and a while a dog would bark. Rooms were clean not the same as staying at a regular hotel because you don't have room service everyday and the continental breakfast was more like coffee and donuts, not comparable to other hotels in the area. We will be staying somewhere else next time.
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Travis
"The Smell!!"
The room/hotel was supposed to be smoke free. Our room smelled like smoke or something nasty. We had to get up extremely early for our flight the next morning, so I wanted to get to bed early. I had a hard time sleeping with the smell. Could not wait to get our of there! Also the air/ventilation system did not work. It was cooler outside!
1 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
"Never again"
Everything was cheap and worn out. Kitchenette in the room was empty of dish or cookware. not even coffee. Room smelled of cigarette smoke.
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our property. I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations and that it wasn't explained to you upon check-in that all amenities are available, complimentary, upon request. In response to your feedback, we will make sure we are clearly communicating our amenities during check-in as well as thoroughly inspecting our rooms prior to guest arrivals. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
"Clean, quiet and great staff!"
We arrived earlier than we expected and our room was ready! The hotel staff was fantastic, friendly and kind. The room was beyond clean it was immaculate! The hotel was off of the main street so we had guaranteed quiet but close enough for us to get everything we needed! We had a corner which are always the best!
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a wonderful review! I am thrilled we were able to provide you with a home away from home experience. I truly appreciate your kind comments regarding our friendly staff, quiet atmosphere and clean rooms. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
"Continental Breakfast is false claim."
The "Continental Breakfast" was "grab and go only". This included just packaged muffins, granola bars, oatmeal packs, and orange/apple. The cream for the coffee all had sweetener or flavoring in the ingredients. I did not expect much but this was less than expected. Also the only light in the bathroom had a fan attached to it that was so loud it hurt my ears and it woke up other guests in the room at night.
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our property. I sincerely apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast was not to your satisfaction. In response to your feedback, we will work to make sure we are clearly communicating our amenities during check-in. Additionally, I will have our maintenance engineer inspect your bathroom to ensure that everything is functioning properly. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
Andrea
"Extended Stay America; Good Hotel!"
It was great, loved the access to the kitchen. Unusual they allow pets but the stay was great and not unbearable. Would definitely go back again next time I am in Portland!
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We take great care in providing an exceptional home away from home experience and I take great pride in knowing that we were able to accomplish this during your stay! I’m thrilled that you would stay with us again. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
1 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
"As advertised"
A very quick stay. All was comfortable and as advertised.
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I’m glad we were able to accommodate your needs with a comfortable stay. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
1 night business trip Jun 21, 2015
Extremely friendly staff. Minutes from dining locations. Just outside of Portland. Convenient short drive to Old Orchard Beach. Good price too. Room was clean. Full size fridge and two burner stove with oven and microwave.
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I truly appreciate your kind comments about our friendly staff, fully equipped kitchens and reasonable rates. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
1 night romance trip Jun 16, 2015
"A great stay for the price."
My husband and I stayed here last minute when we decided to stay in Scarborough to antique as opposed to driving through and it turned out to be a very convenient decision. The room included a full refrigerator which was great as we had purchased seafood in Portland. It was in a very nice location, quiet and with minimal disruptions. The young lady at check-in Melyssa (sp??) was lovely and very helpful. There is also a convenient laundry facility with clean washers and dryers. The surfaces (counters)in the room could have been a little cleaner, but other than that it was very reasonable for the price and close to Portland. Parking is ample and there is food and coffee nearby.
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We aim to provide exceedingly clean and comfortable rooms with outstanding service in order to make your stay with us a home away from home. I am so very pleased to know that we succeeded in providing this to you. I have passed your feedback along to all of our staff. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Kristen
"Decent room for a decent price"
Not a luxury hotel, obviously, but good for the price. Not directly in portland, but about 6 miles out, so not a bad drive. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast would have been nice for the price. Also limited facilities. Overall, I'd stay here again if I needed to, but wouldn't be my very first go-to.
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Thank you so much for your feedback. Please accept our apologies that our amenities were not to your expectations. Still, I am glad to read that you had a good stay overall. I truly appreciate your kind comments regarding our friendly staff and their great customer service. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
1 night trip May 16, 2015
Jonelle
"Never Again!"
Our stay started bad. We were given a room that had an odor come to find out there was old food in the cabinets. The room was dirty with beer caps on the carpet. Also, for whatever reason the room did not have a phone. We informed the attendant who was much nicer and helpful than the lady who checked us in and were placed in another room. At check in we were not informed about the procedures for signing out kitchen ware, removal of trash, daily room cleaning procedures, etc. Overall we were extremely disappointed with our stay. We were informed that the manager would be informed but the manager never made contact with us. I did ask for the manager upon departure and was informed that she was not available.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"nice place"
Shopping trip
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies that your room was not cleaned to our normal standards. Still, we are pleased to know that we were able to provide you with a convenient, comfortable and friendly place to stay during your shopping trip. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon.
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
Louise
"Served the purpose with no luxury or extra comfort"
We wanted a kitchen due to diet restrictions. For that reason, I will say the hotel met our expectations. However, there were no extra comforts. We had to ask for kitchen supplies and only received two plates, cups, utensils since there were only two of us. We received one pot, one frying pan, a spectacular and drying rack. No extra comforts (cutting board, can opener). There is a small table with three chairs, but no comfy chair to relax on. The beds were very comfortable and we had two great nights sleep. The bathroom was very dated and needs much TLC. The towels were small and a bit thin. The light switch controlled the one and only light in the bathroom and the very loud vent fan. It was so loud that we would opt to leave the bathroom door slightly open and not turn on the light/fan. The shower pressure was amazing and we had plenty of hot water. The hotel was perfectly located near shopping and was in a very quiet office building park. The hotel served our purpose but had no luxury or extra comfort. Most likely will pay the extra next time to have a bit more comfort at another hotel.
2 night trip with friends Oct 24, 2014
"Not impressed"
Hotel room smelled and hallways smelled funky. Found dirty socks and other belongings in our room. Carpets were gross too.
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Lauren - Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are very disappointed to hear about the condition of your room. Please accept our most sincere apologies. We will work with our housekeeping staff to ensure that all areas of our hotel are cleaned to our standards and smell fresh at all times. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 night trip with friends Oct 18, 2014
Lauren
"Good Stay for the Price"
Clean, nice size room, convenient to airport but not Portland, great stay for the price.
1 night trip Oct 1, 2014
"Great Location, Disgusting Room"
My husband and I decided to stay here due to an early flight the next morning at PWM, it was very close! We reserved a smoking room, so the smell was expected, but truthfully it was still very strong. There were big stains all over the carpet, a huge red stain on the curtains, the kitchen was a nice amenity just not very clean and you'd think with the fact it was a Smoking room it would have an ashtray.. but it didnt. We called the front desk to have one sent to us and they said they would. An hour went by and still no ashtray. We were too tired to deal with anyone and by that time we used a plastic cup provided in the bathroom and we put water in it. No one ever came to our room.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Tiffany
"Maine marathon"
It was a nice place to stay , staff was very nice ! I would go back
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Thank you very much for posting a review of your recent stay with us. We are so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you would stay with us again. Thank you again for your kind comments. We would be delighted to have the chance to host you again in the future!
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Highly Recommend"
It was pretty perfect in every way. Check in was fast and friendly, room was comfortable and clean and grocery store was close. I applaud the maid staff for the maintenance of the rooms. You can book this room with confidence.
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Thank you so much for your amazing review of your recent stay with us. We are proud to have provided you with good service and a clean, comfortable room. I have shared your comments with my team, especially housekeeping. We really appreciate your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
Duns
"Nicer than comparable hotels AND has kitchenette!"
It was really nice to have the kitchenette complete with dishes! Why would you ever stay in another hotel that doesn't have one?
1 night romance trip Sep 29, 2014
Lindy
"Nice secluded spot - privacy and comfort"
I like that there is a kitchenette & that you don't have to worry about housecleaning every day. Go get fresh towels yourself. I'll definitely stay here again.
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your fully equipped kitchen and our housekeeping policy. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again in the future.
3 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"Comfortable stay"
It was a clean facility. Appreciated the conveniences of the kitchen. Nicely located.
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Thank you for your positive comments about our hotel. I am glad that you found your in-room kitchen to be convenient during your stay. I am also pleased that our location was convenient for you. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We would love to have the opportunity to host you again.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
"Hotel or rooming house??"
I tried to write a review, but the form keeps rejecting it, even though I pared it down to 1500 characters. Since I can't write what I have to say, I'll just say read the fine print. Extended Stay America is not your standard hotel.
5 night family trip Aug 20, 2014
Greg
"Weekend Stay"
Mostly satified with the stay experience. Hotel staff friendly and helpful. The room was clean but had a lingering odor of some type of ethnic cooking, sort of like Indian food. And I love Indian food, just not smelling the after-cooking smells for our 48 hour stay in your hotel.
2 night trip Aug 21, 2014
Allen
"surprisingly clean"
this is a no frills hotel. I felt that it was kind of pricey for being in the middle of no where. The hotel needs major upgrade but it was surprisingly very clean. Despite the cleanliness the sme was pretty awful. We were in a non smoking room which was clearly near someone who smoked. They also allow pets which I never had an issue with but I also think it adds to the smell. If possible I would skip this hotel.
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Thank you for submitting a review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to see that you found our hotel to be so clean and our staff to be so friendly. Still, I was disheartened to read that your non-smoking room had a smoke odor. In response to your feedback, I will be working with my staff to better inform guests of our non-smoking room policy to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. I hope we are able to host you again in the future and provide you with a better experience.
2 night business trip Aug 8, 2014
The hotel is located close to the maine mall which is good. Nobody came cleaning or room in the 4 days that we stay... The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The wi-fi connexion is good
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Thank you very much for your recent review of your stay at our property. I am pleased to see that you found our location to be convenient and comfortable. However, I am concerned about the issues you mentioned. I apologize that our housekeeping services were not explained thoroughly upon check-in. Extended Stay Hotels provides housekeeping services based on a guest’s length of stay. Housekeeping services are provided once a week for guests who stay eight nights or more. For guests staying less than a week and for guests who desire additional housekeeping services, we offer the opportunity to purchase full housekeeping or refresh services for a nominal fee. In addition, we always offer, upon request, complimentary exchange service at the front desk for items such as towels, bed linens, and extra soap. We will use your comments to coach our team to provide better communication of our services in the future.​ Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future!
3 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2014
Lysanne
"Review of Extended Stay Portland Scarborough"
We were very pleased with the layout of the room and overall appearance of the hotel. It was in an excellent location for our purposes.
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our hotel was at an excellent location for your needs. The staff and I thank you again for sharing your positive experience with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
3 night trip Aug 7, 2014
"worst hotel ever"
Overall lack of customer service at front desk, smell of cheese and stale food throughout hallways, awful cigarette smell in rooms which caused headaches in both me and my husband, lack of flexibility or desire to please customer upon complaint, leaking refrigerator, overall worst hotel experience in the last 10 years.
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was very disheartened to read that you received such poor service from my front desk staff. I will be working with them to review customer service standards to ensure that your experience is not repeated. As well, I do apologize for the odors you experienced during your stay both in your room and in the common areas of our hotel. I will be meeting with my housekeeping staff to review cleanliness standards so that we can work to prevent future odors. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. I truly hope we are able to host you again in the future in order to provide you with a much better experience.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2014
Very pleasant. Very helpful staff. Proximity to downtown and only a mile from Maine Mall are big pluses.
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We take pride in providing a clean, comfortable home away from home for our guests and I am pleased to see that you had a pleasant experience with us. The staff and I really appreciate your kind comments. We would love to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Manny
"Great place to stay in Portland"
This is the best Extended Stay America unit I have seen. The staff is extremely helpful and, except for a few quirks, the rooms are comfortable. It's convenient to the airport, food and not far from downtown Portland.
1 night business trip Jun 25, 2014
Gil Gibson
"Whooo Maine!"
We had a great stay thanks to the great staff named Melissa. She helped with providing menus, ideas for daily tourist locations and ensuring that our needs where taken care of. GLBT community is welcomed!!!
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable stay. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and our grab-and-go breakfast. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our staff, including Melissa. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"I was very impressed with everything"
I had a great time, room was well worth the month. I will be back for sure
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our staff. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"PET FRIENDLY"
Extremely friendly front desk to the point where they call your room to make sure everything is okay. I stayed here because they are pet friendly and there aren't "certain rooms" that are pet friendly, it's the entire hotel. The rooms are okay, it could have been cleaner as there were some food splatters on the cupboard. I also couldn't find a blow dryer anywhere but realized I had packed mine. It was inexpensive so the price matched the quality of the room. I will stay here again.
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Thank you for the review you recently posted about your stay with us. I am very pleased to see that you found our staff to be so friendly and our pet policy to be convenient. I apologize for the cleanliness issues you mentioned. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review our cleaning standards and procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2014
"Reasonable, clean and comfortable"
This is a no frills hotel but the staff and condition were excellent. Room was quiet, clean and comfortable.
1 night trip Jan 23, 2014
"Very convientient location to everything."
Staff was very pleasant. Room was spacious and comfortable.
3 night trip Jan 11, 2014
"Nice enough."
Clean. Quiet. Geared towards longer staying client. Grumpy front desk. $25 pet fee on top of Expedia price. Free really basic breakfast- good enough.
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Thank you for your review. As an Extended Stay America hotel we take pride in our customer service to all guests. I apologize if any of our staff came off as grumpy. Please know, we are taking your comments very seriously and will be coaching the entire team on how to provide better service in the future. It seems like we met all your needs of a clean and quiet hotel, which was wonderful to hear. I do hope that you will use us in the future as we are your extended family away from home. Thank you and have a great day.
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
Great
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Donna - Thank you for taking the time to rate your recent stay with us! We are always striving to provide great service to our guests and I am so pleased to see that we were able to accomplish that for you. We look forward to hosting you again!
1 night romance trip Dec 2, 2013
"Unfortunately not very good"
Our stay turned out poorly. The first room we were in while called a non-smoking room clearly a previous guest had been smoking in the bathroom. The night staff was helpful and got us a new room right away. The second room while clean enough had a loud refrigerator and heating system. Slept poorly. Didn't stay for the second night.
2 night trip Nov 28, 2013
"inn"
Super cute inn. They deliver cookies to your room for turn down service. Room service included a fine dining menu. A couple minor oversights on cleanliness, ie dirty qtip in the bathroom. Shower was not hot at all. Seems like it was set to a certain temp and it wasn't going either way.
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
"Very good stay"
This place is centrally located between the places I like to visit while in Maine. The rooms are always clean, the staff is always friendly and the prices are always good!
2 night trip Nov 9, 2013
"Very convenient"
Very satisfactory.
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2013
"Easy Peasy stay with all the utensils!"
Great little spot with all the utensils, fridge, and a super market/ liquor store across the street to boot!
1 night trip Oct 9, 2013
csredd
"Avoid at any cost"
I booked a non-smoking room with a queen size bed. I arrived just before midnight only to find out that they only had smoking rooms available. I complained to them and to Expedia. There were no non-smoking rooms available in a 10 or 20 mile radius. Having no other options I went into the room which reeked of cigarette smoke. The bathroom was in a miserable state without even a little sample shampoo in it. There was a "kitchen" which really meant that the room was tiny to leave space for the kitchen. I left the windows open and blasted the heat to maintain a reasonable temperature in the rom but the pillows, the sheets, the blankets, everything reeked like cigarette. A terrible experience. Having said that, the guy who was at the counter - his name was Zen - was extremely polite and did everything he could to help (while also doing laundry duty) but unfortunately there was nothing he could do.
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Anthony - Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your recent stay. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your request for a non-smoking room when you checked in to the hotel. As well, I apologize that our amenity basket was not offered to you at check-in. In response, I will be working with our staff, reviewing our reservation and amenity policies to ensure we are handling these situations in a better way moving forward. I am truly sorry for these things and hope that we are able to host you again in the future to give you the experience you deserve as a valued guest. Thank you again for your comments.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
Anthony
"was ok but!"
I have stayed here many times in the past and most were ok except the issue of the fans in the bathrooms getting fixed and notified extended stay office in a review which they are working on. this stay had a repaired fan but I found black hairs on the sink and in the tub. It bothered me but I figured I could deal with it by removing with a tissue and flushing them. however on the last day after a morning shower I took a towel of the rack and started to dry my face and had a long black hair stuck to my face. that drew the last straw, gross me out. I told the front desk and asked if whoever was doing the laundry is wearing a hair net or not , they did not know. they front desk rep stated they would tell the boss about it. was not to happy about the issue. I like these hotels due to having the kitchen as I am usually there several nights which saves me money of not eating out all the time. there has to be more attention to cleaning the rooms and anyone doing the laundry should be wearing a hair net to avoid hairs getting on the towels.
2 night business trip Oct 8, 2013
matt p
"close to lexington,concord,louisa May Alcott home,"
Nice enough room. Clean with a Great bed and Pillows which is the most important thing. Thin towels, very very weak breakfast without even juice.
1 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2013
"Affordable hotel, nice room"
The hotel was conveniently located, having the full efficiency studio was nice and not a normal amenity in a room at this price range. Cleaning and maintenance staff overlooked a few things in the room, but it was overall clean and very comfortable. I would stay there again.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Reid
Comfortable & very adequate.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
"Clean, convenient and affordable."
The hotel service was excellent, friendly and helpful staff. The hotel was clean comfortable and conveniently located. I would stay there again.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
"Convenient and Easy to Visit Relatives on the Beac"
Everything was fine...good value and convenient location. Breakfast grab and go was a plus! Staff was always helpful!
5 night trip Aug 23, 2013
H.C. M. Rossen
No complaints it's a great place to stay.
2 night business trip Aug 31, 2013
Gp
"Very disappointing"
When we arrived there was no one at the counter and we had to use the phone to call someone to check us in. There was nothing in the room, not even a bar of soap. We asked where the vending machines were and they said they had taken them out of the hotel. Overpriced. Don't stay here.
Other trip Sep 7, 2013