All hotels in Scarborough, Maine, United States of America
2 Ashley Dr, Scarborough, ME, 04074, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

"Nice price, need a car to get to tourist areas"
Convenient location if you have a car Not great without. It was great having a kitchen and the Shaws market nearby.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
MSD
"Surprisingly very nice!"
We only stayed there one night. The room we had was very nice, it had a full size fridge,cook stove,etc. It would have been a great place to stay if stay longer then one night.The room was very clean.
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Bev - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at our property. We appreciate feedback from our guests of any kind because it helps us to improve the services we offer, but I am very happy to see how pleased you were with your stay. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of a long wait time at your check-in, and will absolutely use your review to coach my team to do things differently in the future. Thank you again for your time. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future!
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
Bev
"Excellent hotel. Close to the airport."
The hotel and staff were excellent, and the price was very reasonable. I would not hesitate to book this hotel again, and would hope to have a much longer stay the next time. The room was immaculate in condition and the bed/linens clean and comfortable. I cannot think of anything negative to say about my experience.
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Charles - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. It was wonderful to hear how pleased you were with the location of our hotel and the property's overall cleanliness. We are constantly striving to provide our guests with exactly that kind of experience, and feedback like yours lets us know that we are on the right track. Thank you again for your feedback. We would love to have a chance to host you again in the future!
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"OK Hotel. Close to mall, grocery and dining."
Acceptable for the price. Cons were poor cooking utensils, bathroom fan and door were broken, refrigerator leaked, room was non-smoking and was permeated by the smell of cigarette smoke. Pros were the location and price and that pets are allowed. The pet fee is expensive, but the staff was kind enough to charge us only one night of the fee as opposed to the per night charge for each night.
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I would like to start by apologizing for not meeting your expectations for your stay regarding the issues you mentioned in your room. We are constantly striving to provide clean, affordable, comfortable rooms for our guests and I truly wish we could have accomplished all of these things for your stay. Still, I was pleased to see that you found us both conveniently located and fairly priced. Thank you again for your feedback. I hope that we have the chance to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our enhanced offerings.
Other trip Aug 22, 2013
"reasonable prices, you get what you pay for"
I liked the stay since it's close to main attractions and malls, outlets and some other adventures. the best thing is the reasonable price for a family of 6 persons. the breakfast preparation is weak but the the over all experience is very good
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I'm sorry that you were not happy with our grab-and-go breakfast, but I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel overall. As well, I am glad that you liked our hotels location. t Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to submit this review. I hope we are able to host you again in the future!
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
"Feels like a home away from home beautiful hotel"
I would recommend anyone visiting the portland/Scarborough are stay here at this beautiful hotel. It has all the comforts of home in a room that will please even picky consumers. The value is also tremendous. For anyone needing longer term accommodation this hotel is a must. The staff are not only helpful but exceedingly friendly and will go the extra mile for guests. The location is very convenient being close to the portland airport (but far enough you don't hear planes), excellent shopping including the maine mall right down the street, numerous restaurants, grocery stores and major highways. You certainly can't go wrong here.
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. One of the greatest rewards of my job is getting the chance to read comments like yours. Our staff takes pride in creating a memorable, comfortable “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect and deserve. I am so happy to see that you found our location convenient as well! Once again, thank you for your positive feedback. We look forward to hosting you once again at Extended Stay Hotels!
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"It was just what we were looking for."
We wanted something not expensive and it was very nice. We were pleasantly surprised.
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Hi there, Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent visit to our property. We take pride in providing our guests with clean, comfortable rooms at a reasonable price and I am please to see that we were able to accomplish that goal for you. It was a pleasure for me to read your comments and see that you were able to take advantage of our great location near entertainment and attractions during your vacation. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again if you are ever in the area!
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
"Wouldn't want to stay here for an extended stay"
It may not be fair to judge this hotel for a two-night stay because it's intended for longer stays. This explains why they don't provide cleaning/towel service every day. The rooms are barren, dated and utilitarian. The towels are cheap and thin. It was OK for a few days, but I wouldn't come back, especially for an extended stay.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"convenient, clean and good value"
convenient and a good value. Clean room and nice reception staff.
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Ben - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am very pleased to see that your found our hotel to be convenient and clean. As well, I am glad that our staff provided you with friendly service. Please feel free to call the hotel directly if there is anything we can do for you in the future. Thank you again!
1 night trip Aug 1, 2013
I paid more money for a room that was no better than the EconoLodge room I later stayed in.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013
"expensive"
To expensive
1 night business trip Jul 27, 2013
dan
"Very Disappointed"
My husband and I recently stayed here for the second time. I'm not really sure why I gave it another try. Last year we stayed here, and I was very disappointed with how dirty our room was. For the second year in a row, the bathroom was not cleaned. There was hair on the toilet and several pieces of hair in the shower. It was clear that the gentleman at the front desk was not happy to be working. If you like to have a clean room when you arrive at a hotel, I would find another place to stay.
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Jessica - Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that the level of cleanliness in your room did not meet your expectations. In response to this feedback, I am going to work with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies moving forward. Your feedback is greatly appreciated because we will share it with our team in order to do better in the future. I hope that we are able to host you again in the future in order to provide you with a better, more accommodating experience.
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
"Horrible"
Not clean, don't go!! I wanted to check out but couldn't find another hotel that night..ughhh
1 night business trip Jul 24, 2013
"More than wonderful!"
Check in was a breeze since our stay was pre-paid. We were given a corner room on the top floor so only one neighbor and no one overhead which made it nice and quiet. Room was spotless and kitchen was adequately stocked. The only issue was that the refrigerator was noisy when starting up and running. I mentioned that to the desk at checkout and it was indicated that she would notate it for the maintenance staff. When they refer to 'Breakfast to go' they really mean it. It's coffee, a commercial granola bar and a piece of fruit. Don't expect breakfast at all. It was only a snack and likely should be advertised that way. All-in-all, our stay was comfortable and quiet. Looking forward to next year and hopefully we'll be able to book the same room.
3 night trip Jul 18, 2013
"Fine"
It was fine. Extended stay only provides maid service once a week so if your stay is less than that, don't expect any maid service.
4 night business trip Jul 16, 2013
Barb
"Close to airport"
The first room we went in reeked of smoke, so they moved us to another room which smelled better. The hotel was very basic, no shampoo or extras including a pool.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
Rickie
"Dissappoinment!!!!!!!!!!!!"
The hotel staff was pleasant. The room was another situation. We should have slept in our car. The carpet was worn, there were holes in the blankets, there were no bathroom cups the halls were dingy. Maybe the hotel was running an austrety program, but we were very dissappointed. The free continnenal breakfast was coffee & a breakfast bar. Never, never again.
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Henry - Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay with us. I would like to apologize for the housekeeping issues you mentioned in your review. We are constantly striving to provide a clean, comfortable place to stay for our guests and I am very sorry that we were unable to do that for you. Please know, I will be working with our housekeeping staff to ensure this is an area that we improve in moving forward. Thank you again for your remarks. I hope that we are able to host you again someday to provide you with a much improved experience.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2013
Henry
"4th of July"
We stayed here for the long 4th of July weekend. The hotel was centrally located for the things we wanted to do. We were thrilled with the room and cleanliness of the facility. The staff was very helpful, especially Glenn!
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay in Scarborough, ME. We are constantly striving to provide a clean and comfortable "home away from home" for our guests, and I am very pleased to see that we accomplished that goal! Thank you again and please reach out to the hotel if we can ever be of any help to you in the future!
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
racer1605
"Okey dokey"
No blow dryers in the room and our telephone didn't work.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2013
"Very Sad"
Firstly, the woman working the desk was incredibly nice. Rooms are dirty, beds were dilapitated, floors not vacuumed, extremely strong smell of cigarette smoke in a non-smoking room, and there appears to be a large population of homeless on Wi-Fi in the lobby.
5 night family trip May 21, 2013
"Ok"
It was good for the price.
1 night business trip May 18, 2013
Ron
"good stay but needs updating"
this is a nice place but there is one room they keep wanting to put me in that has a bad ceiling fan in the bathroom that has not been repaired since last December.
2 night business trip May 15, 2013
"a night away"
Stayed a nighy with my gf as a romantic night away. Was very nice and comfortable. Had a nice time. The kitchen in the room was a great bonus so we could bring our own food to eat.
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Thank you very much for your recent review of our property. We pride ourselves on giving our guests a comfortable "home away from home" experience, so I am pleased to hear that we accomplished that for you. Plus, we are very happy that you and your girlfriend were able to enjoy a romantic night while staying with us! We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
1 night business trip May 4, 2013
Nice hotel. Liked the small kitchen. Everyone was freindly. Nothing fancy but iy was good.
6 night business trip Apr 6, 2013
"good stay"
I have stayed here 3 or 4 times and like the rooms and staff, but the bathrooms need some repairs. Mostly the ceiling fans which are loud and sound like a freight train, tubs drain slowly. This time I requested a different room with a better fan in the bathroom and they would get the bad one repaired, overall this is a good hotel.
2 night business trip Apr 10, 2013
"blizzard 2013"
it was a relaxing week and a relaxing stay. easy check in and no issues what so ever
Other trip Feb 12, 2013
"maintence issue being slow"
the room was good as I was upgraded due to the room I was in 2 weeks ago when I reported the fan in the bathroom was still not fixed. this I know as they were going to put me in the same room and I had asked if the fan was fixed when checking in and they said no. I think they need to fix things when they are reported .
2 night business trip Feb 4, 2013
mp
We've stayed before, we'll stay again. Helpful staff, spacious accommodations. Heater/ A/C unit in Rm 115 has a gap on right side which allows cold air to enter room.
1 night trip Jan 26, 2013
"nice to have the kitchen area"
It was a good room except the exhaust fan in the bathroom was very loud and I informed the front desk but it did not get fixed while I was there.Kitchen area was good to have with a big fridge.
2 night business trip Jan 8, 2013
matt
"good place to stay while waiting to move into new"
Glen, the front desk guy, was superbly helpful and kind! Keep up the good work Glen!
2 night trip Dec 3, 2012
misty
"Close to event"
Greeting was fine / room- warm shower, not hot no shampoo or tissues, window were a mess, small tv and head board fell off the bed.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2012
"Good location, bathroom could use some work"
The room overall was good. The bathroom was not as welcoming as I would have liked. The shower curtain was not clean and the wall above the shower wasn't either.
Other trip Sep 6, 2012
"great location"
it was only overnight; was good for the price
1 night trip Aug 11, 2012
"Title"
Bring shampoo! Bathroom only has soap. Don't make toast as the fire alarm went off at 7:00 am when somebody did. Bed was real firm, not to my usual liking.
Other trip Aug 16, 2012
Todd
"close to event"
I was at the same hotel 8 years ago and it was great. This time however, I was a little disappointed. It was a non-smoking room and there were burn holes in the comforter. The coffee pot still had a coffee pouch in it from the previous tenant. There were spots all over the carpet and there was an unexplained wet spot on the carpet in front of the T.V. There was water leaking in the refrigerator and it dripped down on the bottom shelf and then drained into the vegetable drawer. It was a significant amount. The entire hotel from my point of reference was not as high a quality as the last time I stayed there. The staff however was very helpful and polite.
6 night trip Aug 5, 2012
Location is great, the bedding was clean, but there is smoking allowed on 3rd floor, so the odor permeates through the bldg. Room smelled sour. The staff were very polite but no ammenities, ie breakfast etc. You do get a full kitchen which is nice.
2 night trip Aug 5, 2012
mark
"Fred Flintstone had a softer bed!"
The hotel staff were very helpful and pleasent. As for the rest of the hotel, the hallways were very dirty. The rugs need to be cleaned or replaced. There was also a very bad musty smell throughout the hotel. The bed was the hardest bed I have ever tried to sleep on.
2 night trip Aug 3, 2012
"Once Is more than enough"
First time at ESA-Scarborough, Maine. Last time, too. Unclean room, stunk of stale cigarettes (even though we requested non-smoking). Booked for three nights, left after the first, then had to fight to get a refund. Bad experience; will not be repeated.
3 night family trip Jul 28, 2012
"Smokey Room"
The room was clean but the smell of cigarette smoke was a bit of a nuisance. When we arrived we had to get new pillows and have a clean blanket brought up to the room. The clerk aired it out one day but we had to sleep with the windows open since the Air Conditioner spewed something that smelled like air freshner and stale cigarettes which was burning my throat. Overall the room was pretty clean but I would never stay in this hotel again in a smoking room. We were assured they would air it out but it did not help. My clothes all had to be rewashed when I came home everything smelled like the room we stayed in.
3 night family trip Jul 27, 2012
Emilia
Not pleased with the rooms..had ordors. The first room they showed us was in need of repair. The second room no disposable cups, shampoo, etc.They did not refresh towels or make beds, sign in bathroom said they would for an additional fee that they would determine. I found someone's long hair on the bedsheets. Never anyone at the front desk when you wanted them. Definately, would not go back. They lack the amenities that make for a great stay.
2 night business trip Jul 27, 2012
"Pet friendly convenience"
The Extended Stay Hotel was very dirty. We stayed there because it allowed us to keep our dog in the room, a necessary convenience. The gentleman at the front desk was helpful, but the place was distressingly shabby and dirty. We did appreciate the senior citizen shower, however, but overall, the price was too high given the dilapidated condition of the facilities.
1 night trip Jul 28, 2012

"The first stop"
The hotel was easy to find. The hotel staff were pleasant and professional. The self-contained, fully equipped kitchen was very useful, having a grocery store near-by. The room was clean and comfortable.
1 night trip Sep 24, 2014
"No property Inside, no phone, fan brooken"
Good sleeping but bad property in the kitchen, the phone was brooken, no quality in the breafest, nobody came to clean after one night, no changement the towels.......
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. We want to start by apologizing for not meeting your expectations. We take pride in being a "home away from home" for our guests and we were disheartened to see that your experience was not up to that standard. We will have our maintenance engineer address the issues in your room to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you again for your feedback. We certainly hope to see you again, so that we can provide you with a better experience.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Fantastic service"
We were pleasantly surprised when we booked into the hotel. Location was great - very near to the Maine mall. We were most impressed with the friendly service we received during our stay. Rooms were very clean and very quiet location.
2 night trip Nov 8, 2013
"Air quality"
The hotel needed better air quality in the common areas and rooms. Stale smoke and other odours were prominent. Otherwise the hotel was fine.
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Denise, Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review of your recent stay with us. I'd like to apologize for not meeting your (or our) standards regarding air quality. I will be sharing your comments with our team to brainstorm ways to prevent this from being an issue in the future. I was very pleased to see that you found us to be a good value for the price you paid and that the kitchen was useful for you. I hope that we are able to host you again in the future!
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
Denise
"Ok"
This was the second year we stayed at this hotel and both years at check in we were told our rooms were not ready. This year though the manager gave a bunch of excuses. I don't want excuses. I want to check in to my room. We were there 2 hours after the check in time too. We left and ate and came back and our room was still not ready, so they gave us another one. If you are highly sensitive to cigarette smoke even the non smoking room have a faint smell of cigarette when you turn on the vent in the bathroom. It is an okay hotel they just really need to get their staff to work.
Response by Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments so we can continue to improve the service we offer. I would like to apologize to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to provide all our guests with a comfortable, “home away from home” experience. I am sorry we failed at that mission. We will take your comments and coach our team to provide better service in the future.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
We had 2 rooms: The phones don't work in both room!
1 night trip Jun 15, 2013
"Convenient, affordable and close to the city!"
I was pleasantly surprised to find this super affordable hotel with a kitchenette just outside of Portland! This would be a great place to stay to visit the area from Freeport to Old Orchard Beach. The kitchenettes with the full size fridge are really convenient plus affordable to cut down on the amount of restaurant meals needed during your trip. Even better this hotel is pet friendly for a small extra fee and even if I didn't take advantage of that since my dog is restless in a new hotel room so she slept in the car, there was a large lawn next door where she was happy to run around and explore (on leash of course!).
1 night trip May 9, 2013
Maddy
"great value great price"
would stay again!
1 night trip May 8, 2013
Gary and Gay
We had stayed in 17 different hotel. / resorts over the last two months and this accommodation although given average rating on Trip Advisor was in the top two. We were really surprised and would have stayed longer if we had not booked elsewhere. A credit to the manager and team.
1 night trip Oct 7, 2012