All hotels in Savannah, Georgia, United States of America
5511 Abercorn St, Savannah, GA, 31405, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

"Great Area"
On 7/18/2014 I arrived at the Extended Stay America st 5511 Abercorn St. After checking in at the front desk and being greeted by Kim, who was nice and friendly, I approached the room that was being rented. Upon entering the room, I found the the shower was filthy. I contacted Kim at the front desk and she cleaned it as much as possible. It still looked filthy even though she scrubbed it with cleaner. I lined the tub with towels just so I would not have skin to tub contact. Upon looking in the cabinets in the room, there were vienna sausages and 2 boxes of opened poptarts making me feel like we were intruding on someone's home. The kicker and worst thing that happened was me finding someone's finger nail in the bed. I took those findings up to the front desk the next morning. I would not stay again
Response by Extended Stay America Savannah - Midtown
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed our convenient location and that Kim provided you with quality service; however, we are very disappointed to hear that your room was not cleaned properly. We will review your feedback with our housekeeping staff and improve our cleaning process to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you again for your review. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
Covington
"Stayed for one night"
When I arrived to the hotel, The staff at the front didnt really acknowlegde that I was there and continued on with their conversation for about 8 minutes. There was also a second incident when my husband and I had went to the front desk to requst some utinsles and the lady at the desk was on the phone with the manager for 15 mins, until she finally told her boss that she will call them back cause there are people in front of her. So staff was ok, not really professional. The hotel room smelled really smokey and the fridge looked REALLY beaten up. Overalll the other amenties of the room were fine. Also in the middle of the night the smoke alarm went off, I think a neighbor had burned something but it still caused people to be startled.
Response by Extended Stay America Savannah - Midtown
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you received such poor service from my staff. In response to your feedback, I will be meeting with my front desk staff to review our customer service standards to ensure that your experience is not repeated. I would also like to apologize for the smoke odor you experienced. I will be ensuring that guests are aware of our non-smoking policy so that your experience is not repeated. As well, I am disappointed to hear that your fridge did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be helpful to us as we continually work to improve our rooms and amenities. Thank you very much for your review. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
Chelsea
"Great value"
The location is close to the heart of Savannah but without the expense
Response by Extended Stay America Savannah - Midtown
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad you appreciated our convenient location and our affordable rates. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We would love to welcome you back, should your travels bring you back to the area.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Room Stay!"
Well, the night stands and dressers were slightly dusty, the mattress had spills from a previous guest on the side of the bedding and the hot water did not get all the way hot as I expected. Other than that, it was what I would have expected!
Response by Extended Stay America Savannah - Midtown
John - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are sorry to hear that your room was not fully cleaned; however, we are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We will be reviewing your feedback with our housekeeping staff to ensure every room is fully cleaned to our standards. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
2 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"Could be cleaner"
Upon checking into my room I found garbage in the trash can already, refrigerator was old and rusty, the kitchen sink was leaking, and the kitchen was not stocked like every other extended stay I have stayed at.
Response by Extended Stay America Savannah - Midtown
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry for the cleanliness issues you experienced in your room. In response to your feedback, I will be meeting with my housekeeping staff to review our cleanliness standards so that your experience is not repeated. As well, I apologize that your kitchen did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be helpful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. The staff and I would like to thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
4 night business trip Jul 10, 2014
Brad
"Don't stay here!!!"
Myself and family had the worst night ever...we had to not only call the front desk two times but we had to go to the front desk three other times. There were people over our room that were nonstop jumping around. And when we complained the first time nothing was done. So we went down to the front desk, which since it was after 11pm there was nobody behind the desk until you went outside to call a number to reach a employee. And still nothing changed. And between calling the front desk and going down to the front desk several times nobody asked if I wanted to be moved to another room or moving the "animals" upstairs. I had the worst night sleep (about 2hrs total) ever before I had to drive 6hrs...Never again!
Response by Extended Stay America Savannah - Midtown
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I do regret to hear that you experienced noise disturbances overnight as a result of some other guests. As this hotel’s manager, the staff and I have discussed ways to deal with noise violations so that such a disturbance is not repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"great place!"
I thought it was great. The only bad thing was the bath towels- very rough- but other than that - loved it
Response by Extended Stay America Savannah - Midtown
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am so pleased to hear that your experience at our hotel was great overall; however, I do apologize that our towels were not to your liking. Your comments will be useful to us as we work to continually improve our hotel. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
excellent
Response by Extended Stay America Savannah - Midtown
Juliana - Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. We are glad that your stay was excellent. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
2 night trip Jul 10, 2014
juliana
I have no concerns about my stay. I can only say that my stay was fair.
Response by Extended Stay America Savannah - Midtown
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
The location was good since I was unable to get a room in the hotel where my meeting was being held.
Response by Extended Stay America Savannah - Midtown
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us and that we could provide you with a convenient, comfortable stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
3 night trip Jun 10, 2014
"Awesome Anniversary Getaway"
My husband and I stayed here to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary and we were extremely satisfied! The hotel was beautiful, modern, and clean. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean & very modern. I love the kitchenette. The rooms look like a 1 bedroom studio apartment. The location of the hotel was perfect, only a 12-15 minute drive from downtown-River Street. We had an amazing stay and we will be staying here the next time that we are in Savannah! What a splendid place to stay for a romantic getaway!
1 night romance trip Jun 8, 2014
TheBennetts
"Ehhhh"
Overall it was just ok.... I'm not a picky person and I don't complain much but I probably won't be staying here again. We checked in kind of late at midnight and there was nobody at the front desk so we had to call the hotel and someone in the back answered she then came out with a mouth full of food. The front lobby smelled really musty and kind of like old Chinese food if you will. As well as the hallways upstairs. The room was clean and the room didn't smell so that was a plus. However we were staying 3 nights and we were expecting to at least get fresh towels each day. We didn't need them to clean up or make the bed (we usually do that ourselves) but we were told they charge extra for dropping off clean towels however if we wanted to hunt down a housekeeper we could then have the towels free of charge. Overall I would give it a 2 out of 5.
Response by Extended Stay America Savannah - Midtown
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sincerely sorry for the lack of professionalism you experienced from our staff, as well as the odor in the lobby and the hallways. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have alert my team to ensure your experiences are not repeated. Also, I am sorry to hear that our housekeeping policy didn’t meet your needs. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
3 night trip May 29, 2014
Alicia
"Not good hotal"
That is not good hotal to stay all thing they use 99c I did not like to recom this hotal to my friend and my family
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
Smelled funny and dust all over everything, Even the tv remote control. Sink was dirty. I did not want to walk on the floor.
Response by Extended Stay America Savannah - Midtown
Alexa - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your room was not clean. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken with the staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area
1 night trip May 31, 2014
Alexa
The rooms where nice, but they did not have a closet which was very strange. The breakfast was very basic so we went to some of the local restaurants. The price was great, and the location was only minutes from downtown Savannah.
Response by Extended Stay America Savannah - Midtown
Jim - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know your feedback about your room and our grab-and-go breakfast. We are sorry that these items did not meet your expectations, but are happy to read that you enjoyed our hotel's location and affordable rates. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
3 night trip May 29, 2014
"Convenient location"
We chose the hotel for its location and the convenience of having a kitchen. Front desk staff was mostly absent which made requesting toiletries and fresh towels a bit difficult. Cleanliness is not their strength, but overall it is well maintained.
Response by Extended Stay America Savannah - Midtown
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our location and your fully equipped kitchen during your visit with us. Still, I apologize that you were not completely satisfied with the cleanliness of our hotel. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I am sorry that you had difficulties getting in contact with our front desk staff. Your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again in the future.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
"Conveniently located"
Hotel staff was very pleasant and accommodating room was clean as was the hotel in general this hotel was close to downtown and other points of interest around Savannah
Response by Extended Stay America Savannah - Midtown
Sean - I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you found our staff to be pleasant and accommodating during your stay with us. As well, it's great to hear that you were pleased with our location and the cleanliness of our hotel. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip May 25, 2014
Sean
"clean room"
Decent room, clean and convenient location with shopping close by. This was my 1st time saying in an extended stay and was pleased.
Response by Extended Stay America Savannah - Midtown
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Its great to hear that you decided to try us out and enjoyed it! Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
2 night trip May 9, 2014
"Excellent location"
Nice hotel and good price, but is geared to extended stay. No gym or pool. Location was excellent for seeing Savannah and surrounding area
Response by Extended Stay America Savannah - Midtown
Carol - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
4 night trip May 2, 2014
"Very Nice - good price"
I booked this hotel even though it didn't have a great star rating, but I read other reviews and every one said it was clean and that was one thing that was important to me. It was very clean, very nice, front desk check in and out was very nice - no complaints at all - especially for the price. Others in my group paid over $200 at other hotels for one night the same night we stayed (seafood festival) but we were close enough to drive to them and saved a good bit of money - no compliants - would go back for sure!
Response by Extended Stay America Savannah - Midtown
Nicole - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
1 night trip May 3, 2014
Nicole
Dog friendly. Staff was slow. No shower curtain in the bath!
Response by Extended Stay America Savannah - Midtown
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our overall accommodations including our pet-friendly policy. Still, I’m disappointed to learn that your room’s condition did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Again, thank you for the comments. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Other trip May 4, 2014
"Clean, convenient, affordable"
My fiance and I took a weekend trip to Savannah for our anniversary and stayed one night at Extended Stay America. It was exactly what we were looking for. It was a short drive from historic downtown, which made it convenient, but spared us the higher prices of staying near the river. We chose this particular location because, compared to nearby hotels at similar price points, the rooms at Extended Stay appeared to be the cleanest and newest in online photos. We were very pleased when we arrived. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and everything was in working order. Our room included a kitchenette, along with basic dishes and cookware. Down the hall there was a laundry room which also contained vending machines and a stand full of tourist pamphlets and brochures. Breakfast consisted of oatmeal packets, apples, breakfast bars, packaged muffins, and coffee. You have to eat breakfast in your room as there is no common dining area, but again, the room includes a kitchenette.
1 night romance trip Apr 26, 2014
"Really not a bad hotel."
Close to Publix, Bonefish Grill, and Fresh Market. Friendly staff.
Response by Extended Stay America Savannah - Midtown
I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed our location and our friendly staff during your visit. I will be sure to share your comments with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
OK
Response by Extended Stay America Savannah - Midtown
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"fair for the price"
ok if staying for a short period. Breakfast very light, do not count on it being a meal if you have a family. Overall a nice place to explore the area. Hotel staff extemely friendly
Response by Extended Stay America Savannah - Midtown
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm sorry if our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our breakfast offering. Still, I'm glad that you enjoyed our location and our friendly staff during your stay. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night trip Apr 24, 2014
We stayed for one week and enjoyed our stay. Our beds and pillows were very comfortable. The room was clean and had nice flat screen TV and free internet service. They even gave us a bag of microwave popcorn & other goodies when we checked into the hotel. We were on third flood and it was quiet. It is in a nice location that is close to good eating places and Publix too. We would stay there again.
Response by Extended Stay America Savannah - Midtown
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I'm thrilled that you had such a pleasant experience with us. I'm glad that you found your beds to be comfortable and your room to be clean. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed our free Wi-Fi and our quiet location. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
7 night trip Apr 13, 2014
sc
"Did not enjoy my stay at the hotel."
TERRIBLE! Did not like the room! The electrical plugs are not visible, except for the ones in the bathroom and the obvious one behind the TV area.
Response by Extended Stay America Savannah - Midtown
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I apologize that you were not pleased with the placement of the electrical outlets in your room. Your comments will be considered as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
The room was awesome... the staff was cool... the breakfast was horrible... but overall I enjoyed the room!!! :-)
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Jackie
The Staff are extremely friendly and accommodating.
4 night trip with friends Apr 3, 2014
Eugene Toomer
"Great staff"
We took our dogs along on this trip. The hotel was very clean and very comfortable. We were very impressed. Being a dog friendly property we expected the place to be run down a bit. That was not the case. It was very nice. The staff was wonderful. When our dogs caused some minor damage to the room I was certain they were going to charge us a fortune to fix the problem. Instead the manager took me and the maintenance man up to the room. Once the maintenance man agreed he could fix the issue in one day the manager told me there would not charge me for the damage. I was shocked and very grateful. A wonderful staff and a great place to stay!
2 night family trip Mar 29, 2014
"decent enough"
For the price, it wasn't bad. But when I walked in the room there was a rather unpleasant odor. The bathtub was also stained, which was the most comforting sight. Like i said, you get what you pay for I guess.
Response by Extended Stay America Savannah - Midtown
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the condition of your room upon arrival. Please know, our staff is deep cleaning the room and is working to improve their services so that these issues are not repeated in the future. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 night business trip Mar 26, 2014
"Disappointing"
Hotel was run down and facility was dirty Hotel looked old and smelled, had the feeling that the room was not cleaned before we moved in
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
"Toilet issues"
The first night had to have front desk come to room. The toilet was not flushing right, she tried to call maintenance , but no one answered. So she plunged it the best she could. The next day mother nature called and it just got ugly all over again, my husband had to do the walk of shame from the front desk to our room with a plunger. She was going to try to move us but all rooms were full. I told, I believe the manager about situation upon check out, I gave him my correct address, he said he would send voucher for free stay. I still have not seen that, but that's neither here or there. So for that reason I would not recommend any of my friends or family to stay.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"Awesome Stay!!!"
I wish I would have taken down the clerks name at the front desk. She was extremely nice and helpful. When we walked in she was trying her best to get change for a guest. and at the same time trying to assist a second guest and she let us know that she would be with us shortly. After we checked in she told us to let her know if we needed anything at all just to give her a call and she would be glad to assist. And she had a smile on her face. Everything was awesome.....I will be staying again
1 night trip with friends Mar 15, 2014
Felicia
"cozy"
Cozy and nice neighborhood. Pet friendly. Nice staff.
1 night trip Mar 14, 2014
"It was great!"
I came for Spring Break. It came was wonderful. It was located right as we turned on into Abercorn. The street had every resturant and shopping center. The hotel was very clean and the employees and guest were very friendly. The downside was no pool, no big breakfast, and no maid service. It was an extra charge because we only stayed 4 days. The room had a slighy odor but was not unbearable. It was extremely clean and well kept. I would stay again any time.
3 night romance trip Mar 10, 2014
SpringBreak
"Not on the river, but probably the next best thing"
In town for the rugby tournament. Great service at the desk, and the rooms worked for us.
2 night trip Mar 7, 2014
They have just refurbished the hotel. The actual craftsmanship and attention to detail was outstanding. They really took time to make sure things look great, feel right, fit right, work well and look good. I was very impressed with the overhaul. Plus, its a good value for a pretty nice place.
1 night trip Feb 26, 2014
Kurt
"Greaat location"
Overall this hotel was ok for the one night. My only problem was the bed...super duper hard and uncomfortable.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
Beth
"Great value"
Great room that had a kitchenette. Spacious bathroom and comfortable beds. Close to downtown Savannah and surrounding restaurants.
2 night trip Feb 15, 2014
"Unextended Stay"
Old room, old carpet. Alicia at the desk was great! But I would not stay here again.
Other trip Feb 19, 2014
We were very excited about getting a room at Extended Stay. Even though we were only there for one night, it was not a good experience at all. Our beds were very comfortable and the room was very clean. The floor we were on had guests who returned from a wedding rehearsal around mid-night and did not quiet down until 3:00 AM. The toilet in our room was clogged and we were told that there was no one available to fix it. We were not offered another room, although that would have inconvenienced us as we were trying to get some rest. We got a plunger from the guest services and tried for 2 hours to unclog the toilet. When we checked out I explained to the service desk my disappointment about our stay. She told me that she could not reimburse us because we had gone through hotels.com for our reservations. (She explained that several people had also had toilet problems in the hotel that night, and that the young girl at the desk during the night did not have anyone to send to help us.) We were promised another night at an Extended Stay, but no confirmation of that has been received. I have never had such a bad experience when staying anywhere before. I would be open to using Extended Stay again for another "trial" stay, but I would ask a lot of questions before we unpack our bags.
1 night trip Jan 18, 2014
WMM
"Great Hotel, Very Clean and Dog Friendly"
We will for sure stay here again. Very clean room, no smell at all. The staff was very attentive and friendly. If you have dogs, this is a good place to come stay. The price was very good specially for the quality of the rooms.
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
Ramon
The room was nice and comfortable. They were remolding so the room we got had already been done so it had that nice new smell to it. Staff was friendly. Would stay again.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2013
Rebecca/ Shawn Garey
The customer service at this location was extrodinary. Kimberly at the front desk as well as house assisting members were extremely attentive and provided excellent customer services. The location itself is being remodeled and should complete the renovations before issueing rooms. My dressor drawer was hanging from the hinge and the luggage rack fell off the wall as I inserted my luggage. It is a pet friendly hotel but the hall way should not smell like pets. I've stayed at other pet friendly hotels and never new the difference. All that being said, the staff was outstanding.
1 night business trip Dec 28, 2013
"Comfortable place to stay"
The hotel staff is extremely nice. The front counter girl was very helpful and made sure we had everything we needed! The room was nice and so convenient to have a kitchen in there! The bed was very comfortable, very nice to climb into and watch t.v after a long day!
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
sarah
"Friendly hotel in midtown."
The hotel staff went above and beyond when my travel plans changed at the last minute. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. It was like staying with family.
Other trip Dec 10, 2013
GA visitor
"Acceptable Hotel Right Outside Historic Savannah"
this hotel was perfect only because we only needed a place to lay our heads at night. For the money my expectations were completely met.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
runner
"in a pinch"
Its very ...acceptable. Synthetic material bedspread kept sliding off us during night. No ice machine hampers short stay guests. But was serious upgrade from another motel 4 blocks south with their cockroaches. Much better here.
2 night trip Oct 26, 2013
"it was just ok"
The beds were not very comfortable. Though the location is convenient its not a place I would stay again.
3 night trip with friends Oct 24, 2013