All hotels in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

• Value for money
    Delicious food
    Room is not nice
"Pauls"
noisy, parties and sirens all night
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear that you were disturbed.
9 night family trip Dec 23, 2015
"Price is right"
Good location. Slow service (took a half hr to check us in). Generally clean.. weird stains on the curtains. Overall, very good for the price.
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
Thank you for your review Kailey. We are sorry that you had to wait to get into your room and appreciate your patience. We look forward to welcoming you back.
1 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2015
Kailey
Was pretty pleased overall...recognizing the cost to the amenities. It was clean and good comfort...only disappointed that the sheets didn't fit the bed (queen on a king). I would certainly stay there again...good location (short walk to the center of town) and the onsite restaurant has a fantastic breakfast.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
"No air, sheets did not fit bed."
Non-smoking but people smoked in an enclosed courtyard area near our room.
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
We are so sorry to learn that your sheets did not fit your bed. We have recently replaced all of our mattresses and have found that a few of our sheet sets so not fit the new mattresses. Your bed should not have been made with ill-fitting sheets, and we apologize for this oversight. You're right, we are a non-smoking Inn and we do our best to enforce this policy. Should you notice a guest smoking, please notify the front desk so that we may intervene and direct them to the designated smoking area, far from windows & doors.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
Traveller
"comfortably room with poor wifi"
Location is convenient and close to Chinatown with free parking. Quite room and comfortable bed. No AC, but has a ceiling fan and a floor fan. Staff are good, but the hotel room management system does not work well. Even though I called in advance to request two queen beds, I ended up got one king bed after a long time waiting. The free WiFi works sometimes but not always.
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed the location of the Inn. Although we are not sure if you contacted us or Expedia with your request for 2 queen beds, we do apologize that it took us a while to see if we could find you a room with your bed request. We do our very best to accommodate room type requests when a guest books through Expedia. We are looking into ways of improving our wi-fi signal and hope that on your next visit you will notice an improvement.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
shalley
"Smelly room uncomfortable bed"
Very good location and good price, but the room was smelling so bad when we first entered. We aired it out and got the sheets changed after the first night, it got slightly better but not completely. The bed was extremely uncomfortable, waking me up with neck ache both nights.
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you had an uncomfortable sleep. You'll be glad to know that we have replaced all of our beds and we are currently renovating our guest rooms. We're sure that you will appreciate the changes on your next stay.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
Tugce
"Close to downtown"
easy parking. easy to find. Add more to my review? Why? It was decent room at a decent price.
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
Easy peasy - thanks for your review :)
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
"Good Location, Bad Smell"
I booked the two queen bad room. The room was averagely clean. The biggest problem is the smell. It seems that they use a lot of air fresher to make the room not smelling bad but they used too much so the air fresher itself is a little annoying. The location is good, close to Chinatown and price is cheap. However, compared the quality, I think it could be cheaper.
Other trip May 5, 2015
"Excellent Motel"
medical appointment, really enjoyed our short stay again as we always stay at Paul's. Best rate, beautiful renoed room. Great restaurant. Many Thanks
1 night romance trip Apr 1, 2015
"Paul's"
Our stay was very comfortable. The hotel staff was friendly and the room was clean and quiet.
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
Jean
"a night at Pauls Motor Inn"
It took 5 minutes to get hot water in the Courtyard. $63.00 was a good value for a nice room in the courtyard with easy access to China Town and the old city.
1 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
stephen
"Retro Hotel near heart of Victoria"
Quiet room in seculded off-street area, firm bed (a plus), fridge, microwave, cable tv. Very nice
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Cheap, but not comfortable"
This is an old motel, with flat pillows, hot rooms, chipped sink, dusty fan, gouged bathtub floor, noisy shower that either burns you or freezes you at whim, one towel per person, dated bedspreads and room decor. Tried to call the front desk two nights in a row, and it rang and rang for almost 15 rings before I finally hung up, got dressed and had to walk down there. The front desk is only manned by one person, so if they are helping someone else, no one answers the phone! The housekeepers were nice and the front desk staff were pleasant, but they have such a sad property to represent. The carpet had so many spots on it, we wore shoes the whole time--even in the middle of the night. We ended up having to stay the entire 4 nights we reserved because most of Victoria was already booked by the time we saw the error of our ways. Came home exhausted! The website made it look so cute, but it was a "bait and switch." I guess you get what you pay for.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
Starr
"No air con"
This hotel does not have air conditioning. I stayed in July and my room was so hot I could not sleep...all staff did was say "sorry". Would not stay again during summer months.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Unhappy
Overall great; the room was very warm/stuffy when we arrived. Would have been nice if fan or AC had been on. Otherwise, great.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2014
"Cool vibe, bad beds."
Hard beds hurt my back. Other than that, retro vibe and service was good.
2 night business trip Jul 25, 2014
"New lease"
They were just finishing up renos, a lil dusty but overall I'd stay there again.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2014
"Great Location, Uncomfortable Bed"
My husband and I stayed there to two days. The location is great. We were able to walk everywhere in the city and there were lots of great restaurants nearby in Chinatown. There were also many great walkable places to get coffee and drinks. We did not try the onsite restaurant. We parked our rental car in the lot and it definitely felt safe. The room wasn't fancy, but that wasn't a big deal for us. We stayed in a city side room, and we could hear the traffic and street noise. The main downside of our stay was the quality of our mattress. We could feel every spring, and it did not allow for quality rest. For two nights that's not too big of a deal, but I wouldn't have wanted to stay another night.
2 night romance trip May 3, 2014
Ashley
"It would have been a great property in it's day"
Cheap but not so cheerful. Pretty run down. Over priced for what you get. Probably would not stay here again. Staff were good at check in...a bit crusty at check out.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
Choose the motel due to it's location a block from the Save-on-Food Arena. Several eating places within a couple of blocks, including Chinatown. Might need some renovation work in the next few years as the furnishings appear to need some renewal.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"Paul's Inn in Victoria"
Room was a bit warm and stuffy but there were 2 fans provided. Price was much lower than other places and room was just fine. Location is excellent. Staff was helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
Jenny
"Needs To Be Renovated"
The hotel was to expensive considering how run down it was.
3 night family trip Aug 5, 2013
"Great spot"
Loved biking in to the motor lodge and walking around Victoria from there.
1 night trip with friends Aug 7, 2013
DB
"Good location close to city centre"
Pros: Located within easy walking distance of downtown. Room clean. Good value. Parking right outside the door. Cons: Bed a bit hard and wifi worked most of the time.
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
Aussie couple
"cool looking place, great cafe"
cool looking place but room in a state of disrepair, broken furniture and faulty shower faucet, though a clean room, comfortable beds. cafe food and staff are great! good location. on the bus lines and next to Chinatown(stop in at Whirled Arts in fan tan alley.)
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
Monte
"Older but nice Motel"
We enjoyed our stay, it is an older "motor Inn" style motel, but it was clean and friendly, and very close to all the downtown sights. We were able to walk to everything. We would stay there again.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
"Paul's Dive Inn"
Bathroom so small you can barely turn around. Tub dripped all night. Room badly in need of renovation. Partying in parking lot all night long.
5 night trip Jul 13, 2013
"Convenient Inexpensive good location for my needs"
This is my second stay and I will probably return if I have a meeting in the area. It would be especially nice if you wanted to take a stroll down memory lane. The location was perfect for me as my meetings were just 3 blocks away.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
"Only interchange with a few staff"
Eventhough this motel was down town Victoria, I was disappointed in the overall room condition. that is, it seemed clean but not good upkeep as far as finish work. Look in the corners in the bath room and other places. Next visit, I will be much more in questioning the age, the condition. Maybe, I just need to select a more expessive unit. And not wait until ready to make a committment before I even knew what and where I would be staying. That is the the way the selection process is set up. I should have stopped the second that I did not know what motel was being presented to me. Yes, maybe I thought it was going to be a good match in price and quality, but not so.
Other trip Jul 14, 2013
Don
"fifties style rooms LOTS of mirrors"
I liked the hotel the front desk seemed a bit confused
1 night trip May 26, 2013
"Good affordable lodgings close to downtown"
After reading other reviews here, we booked a 'courtyard' room and were pleased with the extra privacy and quietness. The courtyard rooms are like the secret secluded motel within this motel. Found the room to be clean, simple, and just as needed. Easy walking distance to good restaurants and shopping in downtown area.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2013
Anne

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"A taste of Victoria"
Relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff. Noisy water pipes. Fire alarm needs new battery, Loud road noise on Friday night (cars racing?). Loud neighbours on Saturday night. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay and would gladly stay again. We wondered if you had weekly/monthly rates. We live on a small island and like the idea of getting away for a month in late winter for an in depth city experience. Let us know. All the best with your spring summer season. Best regards.
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
Thanks for your review, we're sorry to hear that some of he city & surrounding noises disturbed you. We most certainly offer extended stay rates and our Front Desk team would be happy to help.
3 night romance trip Mar 24, 2016
"Good value, good staff"
Just one night this time, but we always stay at Paul's. Inexpensive, clean, friendly and close to downtown. Nice to note there is an ongoing 'sprucing up' of mattresses, bedding, paint, etc. The diner is great! If you're looking for luxury it is not the place, but a very good value in Victoria.
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
Thanks for noticing our "sprucing up" we're pretty proud if it. We appreciate that when you visit Victoria, you stay with us :) See you soon! Louise - Guest Experience
1 night romance trip Mar 25, 2016
It was what I was expecting for the price. I would have liked to see breakfast included or at least a discount at the restaurant. The front desk guy was amazing, very friendly and helpful.
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
Thanks Erika for your review and for recognizing our team. We hope to see you again.
1 night trip with friends Mar 3, 2016
Erika
"Was once a very good Inn"
It's unfortunate that it has been so let go. I was in an upgrade redone room for four days. The ceiling fan in bathroom very noisy you can tell it's an older net replaced unit. The sink and tap well they are very far from being new, sinks has touch up paint and rust around drain.
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
We're sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay and wish that you had shared this with us while you were here. Unfortunately, we are unable to determine when you stayed or what room you stayed in so that we may investigate further. We are always improving our facilities and hope that on your next visit we will regain your faith in our motor inn.
Other trip Jan 16, 2016
"Ups and downs"
The front desk staff was amazing, the room was disgusting! When we first checked In it was still dirty from previous customer, however that was tended to immediately. The cott was springy not suitable for adult use. But most importantly was the hole in the wall and the surrounding black mold. This was one of a few rooms not yet renovated!!! There was no compensation for that at all other then was told to contact the main owners and to take pictures. The reception did assure me they would not rent that room anymore when I demeaned it was unsuitable.
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
Hello Mrs. Morrison, Thank you for your patience while I investigated your feedback further. I would like to apologize for the state of your room, it did not reflect the standards we hold ourselves to. We are currently in the process of updating and renovating our rooms as you may already know, and the majority of the rooms in the courtyard have already received new carpet, hence the removal of the baseboards in your room. The black colour you identified was actually glue from the previous baseboard. That being said, the hole in the wall and the absence of the baseboards in your room is inexcusable and should not have been rented in that state. I know that since posting this review you have spoke with our Front Desk Manager. Thank you for your feedback.
1 night trip Oct 24, 2015
Well the fighting that woke me up in the middle of the night was not worth it
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
We are sorry to hear that you were disturbed during your stay. If you are ever disturbed by noise, please let our Front Desk team know.
Other trip Oct 30, 2015
"Close to Save on Foods Arena."
Couldn't have asked for a better location. We went to see Shania Twain at the arena. It was a block walk either way, the motel had its own dinner with uniqueness and there are also other places for dinner as breakfast within a block.
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
Thanks for staying with us Taylor. We're so glad that you chose us!
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
Taylor
"Great for price and location to downtown."
Room was tired but funky, spacious. Mostly quite clean. Hot the first night, even with a/c (we used a/c and fan 2nd night, better but cooler outside as well.).
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
Thank you for your review Paige. We are in the process of renovating our rooms and hope that on your next stay you will "like what we've done with the place" ;)
2 night romance trip Oct 17, 2015
Paige
Only one night but was quite comfortable and quiet
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
You'll have to stay longer next time :)
1 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
"l Location, clean, friendly good price."
1950s building,clean ,centre of Victoria good cafe!!
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
Thanks for your review - we're glad that you enjoyed your stay and our location.
Other trip Oct 15, 2015
Mick
"Great Motel/Excellent rates"
Visited Victoria for thanks giving. Great Motel and location! Will definitely stay here when in Victoria.
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
So glad to hear it - see you again soon!
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2015
Jonathon
"Close proximity"
Book the room for my daughter and her boyfriend. Paul's is within walking distance of my house. The check-in guy and my daughter got off on a bit or the wrong foot, to start out with, yet afterwards everything calmed down. Both my daughter and her boyfriend got a little allergenic reaction while in the room. They liked the bed and the room and said they would definitely stay at Paul's again.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
"Good place to rest your head"
Just used the room to sleep. Beds were comfortable rooms are large. Would be nice to have an A/C in the room Gets quite warm on a sunny day. other than that not a bad place to stay.
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
Thanks for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay and please let us know if your room is warm, we can always bring you a fan :)
Other trip Sep 23, 2015
"Good basic accommodation"
Room was as advertised, no problems with reservation.
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
Thanks John for your review, glad you enjoyed your stay.
2 night trip with friends Aug 28, 2015
"Vacation"
Very pleasant staff. It is a bit dated and when showering the temperature varies a lot so either you are getting scalded or freezing. Excellent food at the restaurant as well as great service.
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
Hi Debbie, thank you for your review. We are working on the shower change in temperature you mentioned and know that on your next visit everything will be sorted out.
4 night romance trip Aug 17, 2015
Debbie
"We'll be back!"
My Husband and I were very pleased with our stay at Paul's motor inn. The room was decorated in a nice way and even had a little fridge! The room was clean and comfortable. The king sized bed room was lovely and spacious. Perfect for our needs and located so close to everything we wanted to get to downtown. Perfect!
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you'll be back. Thank you for your review. Louise
2 night romance trip Aug 25, 2015
"Easy an inexpensive"
Good for getting around Victoria being so close to downtown. Older place and in good shape. Clean but the bed sheets are old and didn't fit well. Staff were attentive and answered questions about Victoria with a fair knowledge of it all.
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
Hi Laurie L, thank you for your review. We will track down those sheets you mentioned cause it sounds like they need to be retired. We are glad that you enjoyed our location and hope to see you again soon. Louise Guest Experience
1 night trip with friends Aug 26, 2015
Laurie L
would have been nicer if the t.v was bigger and the wifi worked othe wise it was good and the location was great
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
Thank you for your review Merton. We are sorry that you were disappointed with your wifi connection. The quality of our complimentary wi-fi is limited to the usage of individual guests (the more guests connected, the slower the connection). For the best signal we recommend our lobby area and provide seating for guests wishing to have a strong connection. Louise - Guest Experience
4 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
Merton
"no air conditioning, just some fans in the room"
room was warm and uncomfortable, but it was clean. water temp change often in the shower
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
Thank you for your note Bruce, we are sorry to hear that your room was warm. We do have table fans in addition to the ceiling fans, if you'd like to request one on your next stay. We will have a look at the shower in the room you stayed in. Louise - Guest Experience
Other trip Aug 24, 2015