All hotels in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
1900 Douglas St, Victoria, BC, V8T4K8, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good Location, Bad Smell"
I booked the two queen bad room. The room was averagely clean. The biggest problem is the smell. It seems that they use a lot of air fresher to make the room not smelling bad but they used too much so the air fresher itself is a little annoying. The location is good, close to Chinatown and price is cheap. However, compared the quality, I think it could be cheaper.
Other trip May 5, 2015
"Excellent Motel"
medical appointment, really enjoyed our short stay again as we always stay at Paul's. Best rate, beautiful renoed room. Great restaurant. Many Thanks
1 night romance trip Apr 1, 2015
"Paul's"
Our stay was very comfortable. The hotel staff was friendly and the room was clean and quiet.
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
Jean
"a night at Pauls Motor Inn"
It took 5 minutes to get hot water in the Courtyard. $63.00 was a good value for a nice room in the courtyard with easy access to China Town and the old city.
1 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
stephen
"Retro Hotel near heart of Victoria"
Quiet room in seculded off-street area, firm bed (a plus), fridge, microwave, cable tv. Very nice
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Cheap, but not comfortable"
This is an old motel, with flat pillows, hot rooms, chipped sink, dusty fan, gouged bathtub floor, noisy shower that either burns you or freezes you at whim, one towel per person, dated bedspreads and room decor. Tried to call the front desk two nights in a row, and it rang and rang for almost 15 rings before I finally hung up, got dressed and had to walk down there. The front desk is only manned by one person, so if they are helping someone else, no one answers the phone! The housekeepers were nice and the front desk staff were pleasant, but they have such a sad property to represent. The carpet had so many spots on it, we wore shoes the whole time--even in the middle of the night. We ended up having to stay the entire 4 nights we reserved because most of Victoria was already booked by the time we saw the error of our ways. Came home exhausted! The website made it look so cute, but it was a "bait and switch." I guess you get what you pay for.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
Starr
"No air con"
This hotel does not have air conditioning. I stayed in July and my room was so hot I could not sleep...all staff did was say "sorry". Would not stay again during summer months.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Unhappy
Overall great; the room was very warm/stuffy when we arrived. Would have been nice if fan or AC had been on. Otherwise, great.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2014
"Cool vibe, bad beds."
Hard beds hurt my back. Other than that, retro vibe and service was good.
2 night business trip Jul 25, 2014
"New lease"
They were just finishing up renos, a lil dusty but overall I'd stay there again.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2014
"Great Location, Uncomfortable Bed"
My husband and I stayed there to two days. The location is great. We were able to walk everywhere in the city and there were lots of great restaurants nearby in Chinatown. There were also many great walkable places to get coffee and drinks. We did not try the onsite restaurant. We parked our rental car in the lot and it definitely felt safe. The room wasn't fancy, but that wasn't a big deal for us. We stayed in a city side room, and we could hear the traffic and street noise. The main downside of our stay was the quality of our mattress. We could feel every spring, and it did not allow for quality rest. For two nights that's not too big of a deal, but I wouldn't have wanted to stay another night.
2 night romance trip May 3, 2014
Ashley
"It would have been a great property in it's day"
Cheap but not so cheerful. Pretty run down. Over priced for what you get. Probably would not stay here again. Staff were good at check in...a bit crusty at check out.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
Choose the motel due to it's location a block from the Save-on-Food Arena. Several eating places within a couple of blocks, including Chinatown. Might need some renovation work in the next few years as the furnishings appear to need some renewal.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"Paul's Inn in Victoria"
Room was a bit warm and stuffy but there were 2 fans provided. Price was much lower than other places and room was just fine. Location is excellent. Staff was helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
Jenny
"Needs To Be Renovated"
The hotel was to expensive considering how run down it was.
3 night family trip Aug 5, 2013
"Great spot"
Loved biking in to the motor lodge and walking around Victoria from there.
1 night trip with friends Aug 7, 2013
DB
"Good location close to city centre"
Pros: Located within easy walking distance of downtown. Room clean. Good value. Parking right outside the door. Cons: Bed a bit hard and wifi worked most of the time.
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
Aussie couple
"cool looking place, great cafe"
cool looking place but room in a state of disrepair, broken furniture and faulty shower faucet, though a clean room, comfortable beds. cafe food and staff are great! good location. on the bus lines and next to Chinatown(stop in at Whirled Arts in fan tan alley.)
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
Monte
"Older but nice Motel"
We enjoyed our stay, it is an older "motor Inn" style motel, but it was clean and friendly, and very close to all the downtown sights. We were able to walk to everything. We would stay there again.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
"Paul's Dive Inn"
Bathroom so small you can barely turn around. Tub dripped all night. Room badly in need of renovation. Partying in parking lot all night long.
5 night trip Jul 13, 2013
"Convenient Inexpensive good location for my needs"
This is my second stay and I will probably return if I have a meeting in the area. It would be especially nice if you wanted to take a stroll down memory lane. The location was perfect for me as my meetings were just 3 blocks away.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
"Only interchange with a few staff"
Eventhough this motel was down town Victoria, I was disappointed in the overall room condition. that is, it seemed clean but not good upkeep as far as finish work. Look in the corners in the bath room and other places. Next visit, I will be much more in questioning the age, the condition. Maybe, I just need to select a more expessive unit. And not wait until ready to make a committment before I even knew what and where I would be staying. That is the the way the selection process is set up. I should have stopped the second that I did not know what motel was being presented to me. Yes, maybe I thought it was going to be a good match in price and quality, but not so.
Other trip Jul 14, 2013
Don
"fifties style rooms LOTS of mirrors"
I liked the hotel the front desk seemed a bit confused
1 night trip May 26, 2013
"Good affordable lodgings close to downtown"
After reading other reviews here, we booked a 'courtyard' room and were pleased with the extra privacy and quietness. The courtyard rooms are like the secret secluded motel within this motel. Found the room to be clean, simple, and just as needed. Easy walking distance to good restaurants and shopping in downtown area.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2013
Anne
"Great place to stay!"
I love Victoria and love to stay at places that are close to the town, but not in the town. Pau's Motor Inn was a great surprise! Clean, friendly, convenient, and great food in the restaurant. I especially liked the wonderful people that work there. They were all courteous and informative.
1 night trip Jan 1, 2013
Gail
"Comfortable and Quiet"
Hotel was comfortable and courtyard room was quiet. This was important to us as we had to rise early for Victoria Marathon. A recent car accident had impacted the entry way so repair work was underway (October 2012). Not a big deal to walk around.
Other trip Oct 8, 2012
This hotel is very old-fashioned and although the rooms were comfortable and clean the room smelled a bit like the building used to be a home for old people (I don't know if it did or not). There were also no tea and coffee making facilities in the room and breakfast was not included in the room rate.
Other trip Oct 4, 2012
Helen
"affordable, comfy and pleasant!"
loved this little place! it was perfect for what i needed. i took a west coast trip from the middle of california all the way up to Victoria by myself and this place took good care of my weary traveling bones. my room was in the back courtyard which was nice and private and quiet! my room was clean and comfy. the staff was very nice. the front desk lady had some issues while checking me out that were quite irritating, but nevertheless, she got me out of there and all was well. the location is great, everything is in walking distance. didn't care too much for the food in the diner, so i only ate there twice out of convenience. but all in all, i would stay here again!
Other trip Sep 18, 2012
"No room aircon during summer"
It was just an overnight stay and was disappointed that there were no room airconditioners.
1 night trip with friends Aug 31, 2012
Jenny

would have been nicer if the t.v was bigger and the wifi worked othe wise it was good and the location was great
4 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
Merton
"It was nice stay"
It was nice room & close to downtown
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
Glad you enjoyed your stay!
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
"I really like this place"
We had a very nice time here. I like how they have respected the original design of this period motel while at the same time keeping it well maintained with new comfortable beds and door looks. Service was very good and I particularly enjoyed breakfast in the diner. Parking was included and Down town is easy walking distance. My only small complaint was that the shower mixer did not work well.
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
Thanks Tim for your review. We are glad tha tyou enjoyed your stay & breakfast. Thanks for letting us know about the sower, we'll take a look!
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
"Good find in Victoria"
It was a last minute booking and I was hesitant because from the pictures it didn't look so great. I was pleasantly surprised to see it was newly renovated and the room we were in was in great condition. Comfortable beds and clean rooms. Went to get water from the front desk and when the clerk found out I didn't have cash on me (was going to use debit) so she gave them to me for free. Very nice front desk service. Good location close to downtown.
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
Thanks for your review. We are glad that you were pleasantly surprised! We will be updating our website photos once our refurbishments are complete!
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
"Dated but comfortable and unexpectedly quiet."
Pet friendly (though NOT the courtyard rooms), great location, comfortable beds, terrific on-site diner for breakfast. Yes the motel is dated but they are refreshing the exterior -- I hope they redo the interior in a vintage 60's style with modern elements. It would suit the place and complement the diner's decor.
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
Thanks for your review Brent. We are proud to share with you that not only are we refreshing the exterior but we are also refreshing our rooms. We hope that you will like the changes when you stay with us next.
1 night romance trip Aug 5, 2015
Brent
"Great parking walking distance from downtown"
Hotel did not have any air conditioning but the staff brought us a fan right away. Was close to downtown with great parking. Room was clean.
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
Thanks Kevin for your review, we're glad we could get you that fan :)
4 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
"Too hot if no AC"
Not all Rooms have AC. Rooms ok. Old decor have fridge in all rooms. Ice machine. Just $50 security deposit for the whole stay. Paul Resturant retro look photo opts. Good food. A lot nicer with AC when hot. Walk to downtown.
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
Thank you Raymond for your review, we are sorry to hear that you found your room to be warm. Until this summer, it seems, a fan was perfect for Victoria's moderate summer weather. We appreciate your feedback and are thankful that our temperatures have returned to their seasonal average. Louise - Guest Experience
5 night business trip Jun 14, 2015
Raymond
"Not all rooms have AC"
5 night business trip Jun 21, 2015
Raymond
"No AC, Lotsa Noise, No Service"
NO A/C!!! No elevator. No service. I asked how I was to cool my room in a swelter and was told to leave my room door open. Single female?!
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
Hi Audrey, we are so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. You're right, as a classic motor inn we only have a flight of stairs that connects our ground floor to the second level. We are sorry to hear that you found your room to be warm. Until this summer, it seems, a fan was perfect for Victoria's moderate summer weather. We appreciate your feedback and are thankful that our temperatures have returned to their seasonal average. Louise - Guest Experience
3 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
Audrey
The room was very clean. Staff were friendly. It was a 15 minute walk to everything. The shuttle bus to the casino was great.
1 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
Doug
Loved it. Comfortable and within a short walk of all the best attractions.
Other trip May 19, 2015
"Okay if you like motels"
Classically motel-styled place, with the doors and windows facing the parking lot, so if you want privacy you have to leave the curtains shut, and if you want quiet you have to leave the window shut. The room was a bit stuffy and quite smelly. The staff were very helpful, and helped me find a room for the next night at another hotel given that they were entirely booked up (Highland Games: the entire city was booked, I was lucky to find anything). I was awoken at 0720 on Saturday by a motorcycle starting right outside my window.
Response by Paul's Motor Inn
Thank you for your review Max. We are sorry to hear that a motorcycle woke you up. We are currently renovating our guest rooms and we are sure that you will appreciate the changes on your next stay.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Max
"decent place to stay"
I stay here because the location is convenient for me, walking distance to everything and the price is reasonable off season. I enjoy the motel nature and not having to walk through a lobby to get to my room. The rooms are not modern and could probably use an upgrade but still are comfortable and clean.
2 night trip Apr 14, 2015
Boyd
Really great location, walking distance from downtown. The staff were helpful with any requests that we had, and the rooms were comfortable and clean. For the cost, we were very happy with the stay that we had
Other trip May 12, 2015
"Clean and comfortable"
Stayed for 2 nights. The room was clean with a small microwave and a fridge which I really appreciate as I like to stick to my breakfast regime when travelling. The staff in the adjoining restaurant packed me up dinner to go and made sure I had cutlery. Definitely an excellent choice for a low cost establishment.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"overnight"
hotel room was clean,, bed really comfortable, hotel close to downtown stores breakfast in hotel was great.
1 night romance trip May 5, 2015
Pauline
"It's Getting a Bit Run Down"
This hotel is close to downtown. It is a couple of blocks from Chinatown and it has free parking. The rooms have not been updated in a very long time, and while it's not unclean, it's not as thoroughly cleaned as I would like, and the age makes cleaning it that much harder. Put it this way: I'm a man who is not put off by much, and I was slightly uncomfortable.
Other trip May 6, 2015
"Would stay again"
Friendly helpful staff,clean,comfortable,really convenient to downtown ,good stay
2 night trip with friends May 1, 2015
Marie
"Secure your property"
They need to have better security and cleanliness of their parking lot areas. Homeless people within the lot, piled up clothes discarded beside a garbage can right next to a stairwell.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"Good deal"
Didn't do more than sleep there. Quiet despite closeness to busy road. I'd come again
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
Janet
"Great location and price."
Paul's is the perfect place for anyone travelling on a budget. The room is clean and comfortable but the staff is exceptional…. very accommodating and polite.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015