All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2361 Lombard Street, San Francisco, CA, 94123, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.5
    2.3
    2.3
    2.1
My only issue with this area was the rowdy people in the surrounding area. Was awaken around three in the morning too the sound of a man yelling, trying to locate another man in the hotel. He went floor by floor shouting.
1 night trip Feb 11, 2014
"fully booked, sent to near by motel"
The time I booked Expedia web said there were 2 rooms left. We got there with confirmation email but were informed there was no room left. The front desk sent me to a motel near by. The other motel appeared to be slightly cleaner and less run down than the Presidio Inc.
Other trip Feb 11, 2014
SS
"perfict location plus shuttle"
the room was roomy , beds were comfy , with dish service .not bad . the room was clean & so was the restroom . for a last minute book in , it was really good the management was there weighting up for me . check out was a good time in the morning . it was in a good location to the tourist areas & the freeways . if I have to book last minute like that in the same area ill definitely go back .
1 night trip Feb 7, 2014
memo
"Wonderful"
Location, staff, free parking, great TV when I was in the room. Room very clean, refreidator cold, bathroom works. Price was great. Do not expect the latest and greatest decor. 5 stars for the important things
Other trip Nov 16, 2013
retired
The hotel was conveniently located. There was traffic noise, but tha'ts to be expected. Free parking was a plus. I would recommend getting a new TV. Overall it worked for us. Marteen Miller
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
"Buyer Beware"
The staff is well-meaning but comically inept. There is no elevator so I had to drag my bags up 3 flights of stairs only to find that my room hadn't been cleaned. Then back down to the lobby till they found a room that was actually ready for occupancy. There was no wi-fi in my room. They said it was working at the desk but that didn't help me. The postage stamp lobby had no seating so I couldn't go down there to work. The lock on the door handle of my room didn't work, only a flimsy security lock above that opened with a metal key. (I got the impression that was standard thruout the hotel as they use metal keys for all rooms.) So the door would lock but not close tight. In the evening it sounded like they were moving heavy furniture in the room above, thank God it stopped later so I could sleep. The room itself was wasn't bad - fairly large with a comfortable bed and a refrigerator and microwave. The area is not great but does have good restaurants within a short walk. And the free parking was nice.
1 night business trip Oct 27, 2013
Reggie
Can't beat this hotel for the price. Everyone's review was alittle rough. We had no problems with bed bugs etc. Got there late, partied like a rockstar, then left by 11. Would definitely return for under a $100.
1 night trip Oct 23, 2013
"WORST HOTEL I HAVER EVERY STAYED AT"
this has to be the worst place i have ever stayed. As soon as i walked into the room it smells really bad like an old mans perfume. The windows did not have a screen so if you wanted to let fresh air in you had to make sure to close them or bugs would come in! no AC of course. The tv was probably the only nice thing in the room. Our room did not even have a swipe key it had a regular key and only one copy! it was very inconvenient we had to leave the key with the odd man downstairs every time because our friends did not always do the same things as me and my boyfriend. One of the nights i was sleeping and woke up to a BED BUG on my arm!!! UGH DISGUSTING! we complained and all he said was "sorry we are all booked, nothing i can do" then when i asked for some kind of money back when i checked out he said: "the maids checked and there was no bugs" so not only was he calling me a liar because the bed bug was left on the counter! the maids went in our room after we had the DO NOT DISTURB sign. how can you trust a hotel who ignores everything! I will never stay here again and would not recommend staying at this place. the neighborhood was great but the room was nasty and dirty!
4 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2013
Run down motel in a great location. Big rooms in need of an urgent face lift. Dirty, noisy rooms. I would not recommend to stay here since there are many nice motels with parking nearby and at similar or lower price.
2 night family trip Oct 18, 2013
Morris
"Uncomfortable, Overpriced, Unfriendly, Loud"
Do not stay here! Hotels of such poor quality should cease to exist.The staff were unfriendly and had poor communication skills. I ordered a king bed, but got two queens. The beds are ancient and extremely uncomfortable, unless you like springs stabbing into your back. The walls are thin, so expect to hear every word of your neighbors' conversations all night long. The location is convenient if you are wanting to be near the bridge and fisherman's wharf, however the street (Lombard) is busy and loud all night. The bathroom was ok, somewhat gross but I've seen worse. I will never stay here again. Extremely overpriced and very uncomfortable in every way.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
"no recommendation"
Dirty, thin walls , shower not working, many thing falling apart
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2013
"Dirty, unhelpful staff."
Dirty rooms and bathroom. If you don't show up for breakfast at 8am there is nothing left to eat. Motel is located a good half an hour walk from the marina area.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
"Save yourself: Stay away from the Presidio Inn"
My wife and I would have expected far more for $199.00 per night. The room was shabby and badly maintained. A desk chair in the room was missing an arm, the bathroom faucet was missing a handle, and the television remote did not work. Furthermore, the advertised breakfast was pathetic. This was a short trip for us, so we decided to locate an inexpensive motel -- we could have afforded a far more expensive motel/hotel. The best part of our stay was when we drove away from the parking lot.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
"Location--10, Looks--3"
The title says it all. The room was less than pristine--broken window, worn carpeting, etc. On the plus side, there is parking and it's close to Fisherman's Wharf, Golden Gate Bridge, and of course the Presidio.
3 night trip Oct 2, 2013
"last resort"
needs improvement
3 night business trip Sep 22, 2013
bill
"great view for the price but no air conditioning"
Great view from the hotel. The only problem was that there was no air conditioning when I visited during the heat wave.
Other trip Sep 13, 2013
"Presidio Inn disappointing overall"
Though my family and I got there right at check-in time, we had to wait over a half hour to actually get into our room. We shouldn't have been in such a hurry. Had there been other vacancies in the area we would've turned right around. Despite the fact we were warned about vagrants possibly breaking into our vehicle (something I don't hold against the hotel itself), our door was missing its deadbolt and a screen in the window. You get what you pay for in the San Francisco area I guess. The only positive was the location - right on Lombard St.
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
"Nice spot in town nothing else"
Dirty carpet, the whole building needs some repair
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
"Bad experience at Presidio Inn"
Rude staff, filthy area, no fans, horrible area and spread for "continental" breakfast - ate at restaurant across street. Only gave one towel and washcloth for two people in shower.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
pec
"Would not stay here again"
I would not recommend this hotel- very stuffy, not kept up, hotel staff very hard to understand, beds uncomfortable, housekeeping doesnt speak english, we were checked in to our room and went to go put our bags in the room and the maids were still cleaning the room and had to stand outside of it 4pm for 30minutes while they finished. No screens on the windows so we had to close the windows at night for safety and the room became very warm and stuffy. Continental breakfast was toast and packaged honeybuns. Would not stay here again.
5 night family trip Jul 16, 2013
"The worst hotel ever stayed at"
The hotel didn't have AC, the heater wouldn't turn off, no internet service at all. My business trip was completely ruined due to the hotel. I could only stay there for 3 hours as the room got really hot due to the heater which wouldn't turn off.
1 night business trip Jun 30, 2013
A Zaheer
"Affordable hotel in nice location"
It's too hot in room, there's no AC. Couldn't leave windows open because there were no screens
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
"It was real"
Good location, relatively close to everything. However, it was a shady place at a high price and the continental breakfast was nonexistent. Days inn across the street looked like paradise compared to presidio!
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
"slum hotel"
It was the dirtiest room there was brown manner on ceiling, bathroom had what look like vomit all over walls. No screens on windows, no air conditioner, had a portable fan in room (didn't use, scare to). Mattresses were so old the springs poked into my body. No lock in room only key lock, scary neighborhood, lots of drunks at night walking streets and yelling at night. Front desk help probably owners cared less about my concerns. DO NOT TAKE YOUR FAMILY
1 night family trip Jun 14, 2013
mother of 3
"Just what we needed"
This hotel was just what we needed for a one-night visit with family. The young man at the front desk was welcoming, friendly, and polite and the location was perfect. AND the bed was terribly uncomfortable, 2 of the lights in the room didn't work, and overall the hotel is worn looking. But again, it suited our needs just fine.
1 night family trip Jun 14, 2013
Ceri O.
"Less than I expected"
There was no fan or air conditioning. It was hot and stuffy in the room so it made it hard to sleep. You couldn't leave the window open because of all the street noise. Traffic heavy on hwy101 and made it hard to sleep in past 6am.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
"Great value & location"
Their continental breakfast isnt anything more than toast and pastries with coffee but hey it's included. Parking is easy and the location is very convenient; not too crowded at all
Other trip Jun 15, 2013
drtran
"Fair enough"
Very convenient location
1 night trip Jun 9, 2013
Randy
"San Francisco"
Nothing to complain about.
5 night family trip May 18, 2013
"Overpriced and undersatisfied"
The hotel was in a decent location but that was about all it had going for it. One block to the north were lots of good restaurants, cafes, and bars. But the wifi didn't work (even with correct password), the TV wouldn't work, and the staff wasn't willing to re-set the wifi router nor help fix the TV, which was frustrating. Parking was limited, but we did get a space. Friends of our stayed down the road for cheaper and it was a MUCH better place. Avoid the Presidio Inn if you can.
1 night trip with friends May 22, 2013
"Would not recommend, only to save a few dollars..."
I don't usually write bad reviews, but I felt the need to. I booked this room before I read the reviews then hoped that the hotel had improved some. I stayed with my husband and two younger children. The neighborhood is nice, but the hotel itself seems rundown. The parking lot was dirty and had dirty towels thrown on the ground next to the dirty basket (we watched the cleaning ladies thrown them off of the third floor). When we checked in, the front desk staff didn't greet or acknowledge me, I just gave him my name and said I was there to check in. When we got to our room, it wasn't ready yet, we had to wait 10 minutes outside of the door until it was done. Our neighbors a few doors down had to do the same. The breakfast was more like a snack, but was ok (toast, coffee, danishes, juice, and hot chocolate packets). There is an IHop in walking distance. The room seemed clean but the carpets still looked dirty and the comforters draped over the railing made me wonder if my blankets were clean. The beds were comfy. I booked the premium room with balcony, but believe that was false advertising because there was just the walkway in front of the room with a metal railing that was supposed to be a balcony. Overall, ok place to crash for a night but would be happier to spend a little more for a nicer place. There are many more hotels and motels that are of better quality very near by.
Other trip May 29, 2013
Rebecca
"Vocal Fusion Tour"
poor continental breakfast, rooms not very clean, old building that was not kept up well. There are better motels in the same area, we just didn't know about them until we arrived.
1 night business trip May 15, 2013
Dean
"Cheap hotel in San Francisco"
The hotel staff locked us out of our room after the 1st night stay even though I paid for 2 nights. They somehow forgot I paid for one night through Expedia and paid for my 2nd night through them. The parking is limited and room was less than desirable. For $116 a night in SF, you get what you pay for.
Other trip May 3, 2013
"Poor customer service and filthy premises"
We waited 10 minutes in the front office to check in while the person working the front desk failed to greet or even acknowledge our presence. The man behind the desk was on the phone with what appeared to be his Internet service provider, trying to resolve what sounded like a personal email access issue. The rooms were absolutely filthy. Stains on the sheets, stains on the furniture, stains on the walls, stains on the pillows, etc. bathroom was also filthy. Mattresses were old and worn out. Woke up the next morning, opened the door and found a pool of vomit outside one of the neighboring rooms. The Presidio Inn is not worthy of your business.
1 night trip with friends Apr 20, 2013
Unhappy Customer
"the crack motel"
I looked for value in San Fransisco, maybe that was my first mistake! When I pulled in I noticed the lack of exterior ambiance, but being a value (at $109 a night) I was not too alarmed. I went into the office and was hit with the odors of a home that did not own air freshener. the "continental breakfast" is situated right in the middle of this smell! The room was old and needed a good painting, but it was the only positive in this visit; it was clean and the maid service was good. The noise outside is loud (being on a main street) but it is not too disruptive, until the second night. WE WERE UP ALL NIGHT! The guest above us were having the biggest party or whatever they were doing. A bad smell was wafting downstairs and at 3am I went and informed the manager, not only was nothing done but the noise got even louder. At 6am we packed out bags and, after giving the manager (who was still sleeping-at least someone was) a piece of our mind; we left. Don't ever stay at this hotel!!!
2 night trip Apr 12, 2013
"Stay somewhere else!"
Typical motel, not the cleanest one. Free parking, free wifi (worked the first couple of hours only). The smell of old carpet inside the room is awful, low water pressure in the shower. Street noise is very annoying. Motel 6 is probably a better choice.
Other trip Apr 13, 2013
Yelena
"Close to fishermans wharf.FREE PARKING/BREAKFAST"
Compared to the other hotels around there and across the street its ok! Cleanliness of the room was good,the only bad thing was the carpet.It was a little old and it had a burn stain from an iron.Decoe in the room was ok.We got the premium room which included a counter space to keep food items on with an extra sink which helped out a lot with our 2 kids.Also the fridge, micowave and coffee maker helped out.Their breakfast was good enough,it included pastries, english muffins with butter or jelly,coffee ,orange juice and cranberry juice.The front desk was very helpful.Any question we had he answered and he could even book appointments for different tours.Close to fishermans wharf,walgreens,fast food and the ihop restaurant is about 4 buildings away OVERALL I GIVE THEM A 4 OUT OF 5. AND IF YOU EXPECT OR WANT THE HOLIDAY INN TYPE HOTEL,GO STAY AT THE HOLIDAY INN FOR DOUBLE THE PRICE. With the money we saved staying there ,we stayed an extra day and did extra activities.
3 night family trip Mar 17, 2013
CHRIS
For the price, I expected a little nicer. Needs a bit of upgrades, like mattress. You can feel the springs on the mattress on your back and the mattress was old and ripped on the edges. If you want quiet, you won't get it there. It was very noisy at night, all kinds of noises. A plus was, its location and that was helpful.
1 night family trip Apr 4, 2013
alex
"cheap hotel in SF"
good location, but currently right in front of hotel has been under contraction - so during the day - hard to get out and in by car. Hotel needs to be updated everywhere, site pictures must be taken long time ago. Very thin wall - you can hear the next door people are giggling. Continental breakfast>>> well, I don't call it, only English muffin and toaster, apple juice and coffee. Front desk man doesn't look friendly at all.
Other trip Apr 7, 2013
"This is hotel was worst than sleeping in a ditch."
It was the worse hotel I have ever been in. There was mold in and around the shower. The bed was broke down and the toilet seat was wood and so old and worn that the white paint was no longer on the edges of it. inside and out was very dirty, Don't pay the price no matter what it is.
1 night trip Mar 31, 2013
"location the only pro"
no hot water. yeah, that's right. none. have fun showering, if you choose to stay there. a remote control with many buttons, two of which work. on/off, and volume. aka - the channel that's on is the channel you watch. wi-fi service choppy. walking distance from some great restaurants, specifically SPQR. great italian! i'm sure there are far better hotels in the area that don't charge $80 for amenities that aren't available, yet listed as such. choose a different place, unless you love a cold shower on a cold san francisco morning.
1 night trip Mar 19, 2013
"INEXPENSIVE - AND LESS THAN"
Inexpensive and "tired" property in a relatively good location for tourists and short-stay business travelers. Although the room was large and clean, and the bed was "relatively" comfortable, the room was also noisy (from adjoining rooms and upstairs guests) and the furniture was "yesterdays" hand-me-downs. The bathroom was dark, and not functional for anyone who requires any "sink" space, and I had to request some "essenitial" bathroom items. Maybe great for younger guests and those on a very tight budget, but not great for anyone hoping for something with more comforts.
1 night business trip Mar 21, 2013
"Suitable access to visit sights"
Nice sized room for time was there, with good access to places I wanted to see (buses into/out of city), location was suitable for me; but there wasn't a toilet seat until requested for one (hadn't been fixed before I arrived); wasn't able to access free WiFi all the days I stayed; bed came apart on one corner underneath so they moved me to another room. Owners were helpful though.
4 night trip Jan 31, 2013
Tania
"Dont wast your money!!!!"
It is terrible !!!! It is unclean especiallly carpet and bed!!!! Dont wast your money even for 1 day!!!!
Other trip Mar 6, 2013
Sezar
"Crash pad with Fridge and Microwave"
The location, fridge and microwave are the only reasons I would stay again. First we were given a standard room when we paid for a premium room. When I as the manager to correct the error, he informed me that our paperwork from expedia list it as a standard. When we showed him our paperwork he corrected the error. However he was not happy about it. The carpet in the premium room was so worn there were wriggles in the carpet 5 feet long. One of the chairs had a whole in the seat the size of a dime. However the beds were comfortable and the fridge had a small freezer for ice. Which was handy as the ice maker did not work. Wifi did not work above the 2nd floor, but there was a nice patio table and chairs where you could sit and use your laptop in front of the office. All in all if you are looking for a place to crash near the presidio and want to bring your own food it was reasonable.
1 night trip Mar 1, 2013
"slightly shady and scary at night"
Super shady and run down on the outside. At first he worked with us solely through a window. We then climbed the stairs to the third floor and the first thought after entering the room was there are not enough locks! The room was slightly better but we were sure glad we were only for one night.
Other trip Feb 18, 2013
"Lights out!!!"
If you need any lights in your room... bring it yourself! Want fresh air in the restroom... bring a fan yourself!!
1 night trip Feb 5, 2013
Rahul
"Don't bother to stay there."
There was hair on the bed and shower. The window to the room was broken. The light above the sink did not work.
Other trip Jan 7, 2013
"bad service"
It claims to serve breakfast...there's no breakfast...only stale english muffin and jelly.
1 night trip Dec 17, 2012
hotel rater
"Bad experience!"
Too noisy from street! Microwave does not work and staff hasn't come to repair it after my complaint! Unfortunately, this price was big for such service!
Other trip Dec 14, 2012