All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
2361 Lombard Street, San Francisco, CA, 94123, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.4
    2.3
    2.3
"No air conditioning in the room."
Pros: Low Price Great Location Cons: No air conditioning in the room The breakfeast is terrible
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
"Not worh the money!"
The room smelled wierd. Hot and muggy, No air conditioning, the smoke alarm looked like it was pulled off the wall with exposed wires. Not clean!
1 night business trip Jul 21, 2014
"Do not expect much"
Check in is at 3 and since we had been traveling for 24 hours we asked to check in at 245. The clerk was not happy about that and made us wait. The room had no AC and there were no screens on the windows so we couldn't even open those up for ventilation. The curtains and bedspread had numerous cigarette burns on them. It is inconveniently far from anything in city but there are a few cute restaurants near by. We only were there for about 16 hours so I didn't even bother trying to talk to the clerk since he was not very friendly to begin with.
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2014
"Convenient"
Convenient location. Very warm in the room with a fan but no a.c.. Bed not that comfortable. Man behind the desk not friendly at all.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
greg
"Adequate old hotel a handy bus ride to downtown"
Old hotel that could do with a refurbish, but has everything I needed. Soundproofing not the best, traffic noise and could hear the guests next door. Lots of eating options within walking distance. Basic breakfast, toast and prepackaged pastries, coffee and juice.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
Allan
The motel was close to all the tourist attractions we wanted to see, the room was clean and comfortable, however it did get a little warm in the room, due to no AC, good quiet location, plenty of free parking, elevator worked, we had a great stay. I would stay here again.
2 night trip Jul 12, 2014
Theresa Lopez
"looks good on web but beware in real life"
I had high hopes for the Presidio Inn because it was reasonably priced and in a good location. The free parking was the deciding factor. When my family and I checked in, the room was very dindgy with an old boat kinda smell to it. After the first night, the Wifi service died and when I went down to the office to discuss it, the manager "Khan" said I would work in his office but I didn't want to do that. He said the wifi contractor was supposed to come out and fix it but it never worked until my last night there. There are tons of great restaurants and shops on nearby Chestnut st so if you don't plan to spend much time in the your room then go here. Don't plan on getting great wifi service.
4 night business trip Jul 7, 2014
Very rude staff
2 night trip Jun 21, 2014
"Don't book!"
Not worth the money!
1 night family trip Jun 18, 2014
"not what advertised"
Good things...dish tv , good water pressure in the shower and a lot of hot water. I had a total of 8 rooms. 2 of the rooms did not have hot water knobs on the sink.some of the rooms did not have closet doors. in one room the springs were coming through the mattress. There is not much free parking. The front desk was off no real help. The free internet only worked if you were by the office.the balcony is the walkway to the rooms!
4 night trip May 30, 2014
Super strategic locations with lots of Asian restaurants nearby. Can be too close to main road an noisy
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Could of been a great place."
Tv didn't work. No water pressure at all in the shower. Asked for help, staff was mad that it was late and very rude. Nothing was fixed or done about it.
1 night trip Feb 28, 2014
"lopsided bed"
Couldn't sleep bed was on an angle kept feeling like I was falling off. Walls thin could hear neighbors TV all night. Less than expected. Even for a two star.
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2014
I don't usually write bad reviews, but I felt the need to. this has to be the worst place i have ever stayed. As soon as i walked into the room it smells really bad like an old mans perfume. The windows did not have a screen. The walls are thin, so expect to hear every word of your neighbors' conversations. the bathroom faucet was missing a handle, there was no air conditioning.
1 night trip Feb 20, 2014
Ken
"STAY ELSEWHERE!!"
This was a bad experience from the minute I checked in. Upon arrival, I walk in to an empty lobby. I ring the bell and can hear someone in the office behind the desk watching tv but i am not even acknowledged. After 10 minutes of standing there he finally comes out. I obviously had to wait until his show was finished. I am given a room on the 3rd floor with no elevator. The lamp did not work and the floor was uneven and squeaked when you walked. The room smelled like sour milk and the bed was completely worn out. I would have slept better in my work truck. There are many hotels in the area, I would advise to spend the extra money and stay elsewhere!
1 night business trip Feb 17, 2014
My only issue with this area was the rowdy people in the surrounding area. Was awaken around three in the morning too the sound of a man yelling, trying to locate another man in the hotel. He went floor by floor shouting.
1 night trip Feb 11, 2014
"fully booked, sent to near by motel"
The time I booked Expedia web said there were 2 rooms left. We got there with confirmation email but were informed there was no room left. The front desk sent me to a motel near by. The other motel appeared to be slightly cleaner and less run down than the Presidio Inc.
Other trip Feb 11, 2014
SS
"perfict location plus shuttle"
the room was roomy , beds were comfy , with dish service .not bad . the room was clean & so was the restroom . for a last minute book in , it was really good the management was there weighting up for me . check out was a good time in the morning . it was in a good location to the tourist areas & the freeways . if I have to book last minute like that in the same area ill definitely go back .
1 night trip Feb 7, 2014
memo
"Wonderful"
Location, staff, free parking, great TV when I was in the room. Room very clean, refreidator cold, bathroom works. Price was great. Do not expect the latest and greatest decor. 5 stars for the important things
Other trip Nov 16, 2013
retired
The hotel was conveniently located. There was traffic noise, but tha'ts to be expected. Free parking was a plus. I would recommend getting a new TV. Overall it worked for us. Marteen Miller
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
"Buyer Beware"
The staff is well-meaning but comically inept. There is no elevator so I had to drag my bags up 3 flights of stairs only to find that my room hadn't been cleaned. Then back down to the lobby till they found a room that was actually ready for occupancy. There was no wi-fi in my room. They said it was working at the desk but that didn't help me. The postage stamp lobby had no seating so I couldn't go down there to work. The lock on the door handle of my room didn't work, only a flimsy security lock above that opened with a metal key. (I got the impression that was standard thruout the hotel as they use metal keys for all rooms.) So the door would lock but not close tight. In the evening it sounded like they were moving heavy furniture in the room above, thank God it stopped later so I could sleep. The room itself was wasn't bad - fairly large with a comfortable bed and a refrigerator and microwave. The area is not great but does have good restaurants within a short walk. And the free parking was nice.
1 night business trip Oct 27, 2013
Reggie
Can't beat this hotel for the price. Everyone's review was alittle rough. We had no problems with bed bugs etc. Got there late, partied like a rockstar, then left by 11. Would definitely return for under a $100.
1 night trip Oct 23, 2013
"WORST HOTEL I HAVER EVERY STAYED AT"
this has to be the worst place i have ever stayed. As soon as i walked into the room it smells really bad like an old mans perfume. The windows did not have a screen so if you wanted to let fresh air in you had to make sure to close them or bugs would come in! no AC of course. The tv was probably the only nice thing in the room. Our room did not even have a swipe key it had a regular key and only one copy! it was very inconvenient we had to leave the key with the odd man downstairs every time because our friends did not always do the same things as me and my boyfriend. One of the nights i was sleeping and woke up to a BED BUG on my arm!!! UGH DISGUSTING! we complained and all he said was "sorry we are all booked, nothing i can do" then when i asked for some kind of money back when i checked out he said: "the maids checked and there was no bugs" so not only was he calling me a liar because the bed bug was left on the counter! the maids went in our room after we had the DO NOT DISTURB sign. how can you trust a hotel who ignores everything! I will never stay here again and would not recommend staying at this place. the neighborhood was great but the room was nasty and dirty!
4 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2013
Run down motel in a great location. Big rooms in need of an urgent face lift. Dirty, noisy rooms. I would not recommend to stay here since there are many nice motels with parking nearby and at similar or lower price.
2 night family trip Oct 18, 2013
Morris
"Uncomfortable, Overpriced, Unfriendly, Loud"
Do not stay here! Hotels of such poor quality should cease to exist.The staff were unfriendly and had poor communication skills. I ordered a king bed, but got two queens. The beds are ancient and extremely uncomfortable, unless you like springs stabbing into your back. The walls are thin, so expect to hear every word of your neighbors' conversations all night long. The location is convenient if you are wanting to be near the bridge and fisherman's wharf, however the street (Lombard) is busy and loud all night. The bathroom was ok, somewhat gross but I've seen worse. I will never stay here again. Extremely overpriced and very uncomfortable in every way.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
"no recommendation"
Dirty, thin walls , shower not working, many thing falling apart
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2013
"Dirty, unhelpful staff."
Dirty rooms and bathroom. If you don't show up for breakfast at 8am there is nothing left to eat. Motel is located a good half an hour walk from the marina area.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
"Save yourself: Stay away from the Presidio Inn"
My wife and I would have expected far more for $199.00 per night. The room was shabby and badly maintained. A desk chair in the room was missing an arm, the bathroom faucet was missing a handle, and the television remote did not work. Furthermore, the advertised breakfast was pathetic. This was a short trip for us, so we decided to locate an inexpensive motel -- we could have afforded a far more expensive motel/hotel. The best part of our stay was when we drove away from the parking lot.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
"Location--10, Looks--3"
The title says it all. The room was less than pristine--broken window, worn carpeting, etc. On the plus side, there is parking and it's close to Fisherman's Wharf, Golden Gate Bridge, and of course the Presidio.
3 night trip Oct 2, 2013
"last resort"
needs improvement
3 night business trip Sep 22, 2013
bill
"great view for the price but no air conditioning"
Great view from the hotel. The only problem was that there was no air conditioning when I visited during the heat wave.
Other trip Sep 13, 2013
"Presidio Inn disappointing overall"
Though my family and I got there right at check-in time, we had to wait over a half hour to actually get into our room. We shouldn't have been in such a hurry. Had there been other vacancies in the area we would've turned right around. Despite the fact we were warned about vagrants possibly breaking into our vehicle (something I don't hold against the hotel itself), our door was missing its deadbolt and a screen in the window. You get what you pay for in the San Francisco area I guess. The only positive was the location - right on Lombard St.
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
"Nice spot in town nothing else"
Dirty carpet, the whole building needs some repair
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
"Bad experience at Presidio Inn"
Rude staff, filthy area, no fans, horrible area and spread for "continental" breakfast - ate at restaurant across street. Only gave one towel and washcloth for two people in shower.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
pec
"Would not stay here again"
I would not recommend this hotel- very stuffy, not kept up, hotel staff very hard to understand, beds uncomfortable, housekeeping doesnt speak english, we were checked in to our room and went to go put our bags in the room and the maids were still cleaning the room and had to stand outside of it 4pm for 30minutes while they finished. No screens on the windows so we had to close the windows at night for safety and the room became very warm and stuffy. Continental breakfast was toast and packaged honeybuns. Would not stay here again.
5 night family trip Jul 16, 2013
"The worst hotel ever stayed at"
The hotel didn't have AC, the heater wouldn't turn off, no internet service at all. My business trip was completely ruined due to the hotel. I could only stay there for 3 hours as the room got really hot due to the heater which wouldn't turn off.
1 night business trip Jun 30, 2013
A Zaheer
"Affordable hotel in nice location"
It's too hot in room, there's no AC. Couldn't leave windows open because there were no screens
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
"It was real"
Good location, relatively close to everything. However, it was a shady place at a high price and the continental breakfast was nonexistent. Days inn across the street looked like paradise compared to presidio!
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
"slum hotel"
It was the dirtiest room there was brown manner on ceiling, bathroom had what look like vomit all over walls. No screens on windows, no air conditioner, had a portable fan in room (didn't use, scare to). Mattresses were so old the springs poked into my body. No lock in room only key lock, scary neighborhood, lots of drunks at night walking streets and yelling at night. Front desk help probably owners cared less about my concerns. DO NOT TAKE YOUR FAMILY
1 night family trip Jun 14, 2013
mother of 3
"Just what we needed"
This hotel was just what we needed for a one-night visit with family. The young man at the front desk was welcoming, friendly, and polite and the location was perfect. AND the bed was terribly uncomfortable, 2 of the lights in the room didn't work, and overall the hotel is worn looking. But again, it suited our needs just fine.
1 night family trip Jun 14, 2013
Ceri O.
"Less than I expected"
There was no fan or air conditioning. It was hot and stuffy in the room so it made it hard to sleep. You couldn't leave the window open because of all the street noise. Traffic heavy on hwy101 and made it hard to sleep in past 6am.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
"Great value & location"
Their continental breakfast isnt anything more than toast and pastries with coffee but hey it's included. Parking is easy and the location is very convenient; not too crowded at all
Other trip Jun 15, 2013
drtran
"Fair enough"
Very convenient location
1 night trip Jun 9, 2013
Randy
"San Francisco"
Nothing to complain about.
5 night family trip May 18, 2013
"Overpriced and undersatisfied"
The hotel was in a decent location but that was about all it had going for it. One block to the north were lots of good restaurants, cafes, and bars. But the wifi didn't work (even with correct password), the TV wouldn't work, and the staff wasn't willing to re-set the wifi router nor help fix the TV, which was frustrating. Parking was limited, but we did get a space. Friends of our stayed down the road for cheaper and it was a MUCH better place. Avoid the Presidio Inn if you can.
1 night trip with friends May 22, 2013
"Would not recommend, only to save a few dollars..."
I don't usually write bad reviews, but I felt the need to. I booked this room before I read the reviews then hoped that the hotel had improved some. I stayed with my husband and two younger children. The neighborhood is nice, but the hotel itself seems rundown. The parking lot was dirty and had dirty towels thrown on the ground next to the dirty basket (we watched the cleaning ladies thrown them off of the third floor). When we checked in, the front desk staff didn't greet or acknowledge me, I just gave him my name and said I was there to check in. When we got to our room, it wasn't ready yet, we had to wait 10 minutes outside of the door until it was done. Our neighbors a few doors down had to do the same. The breakfast was more like a snack, but was ok (toast, coffee, danishes, juice, and hot chocolate packets). There is an IHop in walking distance. The room seemed clean but the carpets still looked dirty and the comforters draped over the railing made me wonder if my blankets were clean. The beds were comfy. I booked the premium room with balcony, but believe that was false advertising because there was just the walkway in front of the room with a metal railing that was supposed to be a balcony. Overall, ok place to crash for a night but would be happier to spend a little more for a nicer place. There are many more hotels and motels that are of better quality very near by.
Other trip May 29, 2013
Rebecca
"Vocal Fusion Tour"
poor continental breakfast, rooms not very clean, old building that was not kept up well. There are better motels in the same area, we just didn't know about them until we arrived.
1 night business trip May 15, 2013
Dean
"Cheap hotel in San Francisco"
The hotel staff locked us out of our room after the 1st night stay even though I paid for 2 nights. They somehow forgot I paid for one night through Expedia and paid for my 2nd night through them. The parking is limited and room was less than desirable. For $116 a night in SF, you get what you pay for.
Other trip May 3, 2013
"Poor customer service and filthy premises"
We waited 10 minutes in the front office to check in while the person working the front desk failed to greet or even acknowledge our presence. The man behind the desk was on the phone with what appeared to be his Internet service provider, trying to resolve what sounded like a personal email access issue. The rooms were absolutely filthy. Stains on the sheets, stains on the furniture, stains on the walls, stains on the pillows, etc. bathroom was also filthy. Mattresses were old and worn out. Woke up the next morning, opened the door and found a pool of vomit outside one of the neighboring rooms. The Presidio Inn is not worthy of your business.
1 night trip with friends Apr 20, 2013
Unhappy Customer
"the crack motel"
I looked for value in San Fransisco, maybe that was my first mistake! When I pulled in I noticed the lack of exterior ambiance, but being a value (at $109 a night) I was not too alarmed. I went into the office and was hit with the odors of a home that did not own air freshener. the "continental breakfast" is situated right in the middle of this smell! The room was old and needed a good painting, but it was the only positive in this visit; it was clean and the maid service was good. The noise outside is loud (being on a main street) but it is not too disruptive, until the second night. WE WERE UP ALL NIGHT! The guest above us were having the biggest party or whatever they were doing. A bad smell was wafting downstairs and at 3am I went and informed the manager, not only was nothing done but the noise got even louder. At 6am we packed out bags and, after giving the manager (who was still sleeping-at least someone was) a piece of our mind; we left. Don't ever stay at this hotel!!!
2 night trip Apr 12, 2013