All hotels in Welches, Oregon, United States of America
68010 E Fairway Ave, Welches, OR, 97067, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice location for a couple of nights stay"
Generally okay but the facilities were showing age. Food was adequate but we found much better food in local restaurants.
2 night romance trip Sep 17, 2014
"Nice hotel near Mt. Hood"
We stayed just one night, but the room was big and comfortable. It was quiet as well.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
"Great hotel at the foot of Mt. Hood"
A very nice and quiet resort in a woodsy environment. The staff was accommodating and friendly. We arrived from a long road trip and days upon days of camping earlier than check-in time, and they prepared a room for us without problem -- but you do have to ask. A 4:00 check-in time is unreasonable, considering the price of the room you already have to pay from the first day of stay. Overall though, the Spa is a class act that looks out for its temporary residents with a smile.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Mme.glamper
Newly renovated room was great! Really nice interiors. Our room was next to the pool. Has an onsite guest laundry room (pay). The pool was great... the golf course was beautiful (don't golf). Only thing missing would be a ceiling fixture in the bedroom... the lighting was nice (table and floor lamps) but a ceiling light for extra lighting would help.
1 night family trip Sep 3, 2014
Andy
Hotel staff was incredibly personable and accommodating. I had initially booked a King room and later requested a room with two beds. Staff was able to grant the request at the last minute and I was appreciative. Staff also provided me with great recommendations on hikes and information on how to obtain parking permits. The business center was small, but adequate. Happy hour at Altitudes was pleasing and breakfast at Mallard's was delicious. I hope to return to the Resort.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"OK Hotel In Great Location"
Room comfortable. Location excellent. Room dark. Cleanliness average.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"Clean, quiet, huge rooms"
The bed was super comfortable which is a huge deal for my husband and I who have back problems. Very quiet in a lovely setting.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2014
Jay
Beautiful view of the golf course. Liked the sink and bathroom
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
The rooms were spacious and clean. The view from the pub was spectacular , and staff quite friendly and helpful.
1 night trip Aug 25, 2014
"Nice surprise"
Not sure what to expect with "last minute deals", but this had beautiful scenery tucked away in a little valley close to Mt. Hood, but away from all the touristy places. Wonderful ,but simple and peaceful café/bar overlooking the gold course and green valley surrounded by forested mountains! Would recommend to anyone.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"A Nice Stay at The Resort"
Our family enjoyed our stay at the Resort at the mountain. the staff was very helpful and our rooms were clean and spacious. We enjoyed our lunches with the beautiful view outside on the terrace at the golf course. we enjoyed the pool and our grandchildren also enjoyed the playground. the Resort is located near good hiking trails and beautiful lakes.
2 night family trip Aug 24, 2014
"Wasn't really a spa"
Golf course looked impressive, but most spa services were simply unavailable (staff quit, not yet replaced) and exercise staff were untrained. So the ladies spa day didn't happen. Rooms were dirty an dbetween days, towels were replaced but no cleaning was done. Management simply said, "that's unusual." Not a terrible place, but not as advertised and appears to be on the decline.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Bud
"People & dog friendly in a perfect setting"
You can't beat the resort's lovely setting with breathtaking views and proximity to Mt Hood. The grounds are shaded with lots of walking and biking paths. Our room was average but comfortable with two queen beds, a mini frig, and a sliding door leading to a completely fenced area of trees and plants. This was perfect for us as we travel with our dog. He enjoyed being able to go out without a leash and even met other dog guests. The staff also provides a doggie welcome bag for furry guests. The Mallard Grill has tables inside but also on the lawn with a view of a gorge and the golf courses. The setting is wonderful and leashed pets are welcome on the grassy area. The breakfast and lunch menu is pretty basic but well prepared and delivered by a cheerful wait staff who are anxious to make your meal enjoyable. The only reason for four, rather than five, stars was the fact that some repairs are needed. The sliding door was very hard to open and close and the closet door was actually broken. The staff sent a maintenance man over right away and he removed the closet door so we didn't have to wrestle with it. The bathroom design is lovely but impractical. There is no place around the sink to put cosmetics, tooth brushes, etc. There is one very short towel bar and one hook so hanging robes, swim suits, or wet towels is impossible. We had a a great time at the Resort at the Mountain and plan to return.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
D & D
"Comfy beds but thin walls"
Great place and very comfy. Felt like an apartment complex though with how close rooms were. Could hear the people above us walking, showering, and watching a movie.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Mountain Man
"beautiful environment"
Service at the pool was great. Service at the course pub was fine. Service at the lounge in the restaurant was mediocre. (Bartender over worked and cranky.) Maid service was poor. (No restocking of coffee, cups, shampoo, etc. ) we had to request more coffee, cups, creamer, etc. and still did not receive clean glassware. A/c was loud and hard to fall asleep with. The Spaand massagewere excellent. Beautiful oregon scenery made all the difference. Quiet and peaceful. Refreshing air and relaxing surroundings were why we came, and we had a wonderful timewithout having to travel far too get there.
2 night romance trip Aug 14, 2014
"Incredible value"
I can't wait for an excuse to stay there again!
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
Cynthia
"Close to wonderful state park"
Very nice pleasant place to stay. Good walking areas. Great pool but opens kind of late in the morning. Lots of restaurants within fifteen minute drive. Lots of parking. Nice to have
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
dee
"Nice accommodations, quiet and secluded."
Very nice resort grounds. Secluded and away from large population. Perfect for a quick get away.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"Beautiful setting"
The resort was in a beautiful setting with spacious rooms close to Mt. Hood.
2 night trip Aug 14, 2014
"Great location for outdoor activities"
My husband and I made a last minute reservation and wanted to hike and see the sites around Mt. Hood. The staff was very helpful with everything from the front desk to the waitress. Our room was upgraded, too! We will stay definitely stay again .
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
debbie
"Just ok"
Not as expected. Tiny pool. Motel level.....................................................
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
The Resort and grounds and its employees, especially at the two restaurants, were lovely. Only complaints are: 1) we happened to have a balcony that opened to a road with sometimes noisy traffic so couldn't sleep with sliders open, 2) housekeeping was not responsive to a simple request/concern.
2 night trip Jul 22, 2014
Margaret
"Horrible!!!!"
We (and many others) weren't able to check in until 6:30pm because the rooms weren't cleaned. Nothing was offered for compensation for the inconvenience except a pool key for the small overcrowded dirty pool. The entertained room is lame and hot as it is not air conditioned. The food and service at the restaurants are terrible!! Even the play set for children sucks. We lucked out to finally get a room as others were told they had NO rooms for them!! So ridiculous. Who manages this joint??
1 night business trip Aug 2, 2014
Ryan
"Good price for location and amenities"
Positives-Having pool and close proximity to great hiking made the stay great! Favorite part was ability to clean up after strenuous day of hiking and enjoy outdoor seating at Mallards for a decent meal. Negatives-Room was very hot and stuffy when we got there, though I guess it wouldn't make sense to pay for air conditioning when you don't know exactly when next guest will check in. It does seem that they could have at least kept at 75 or something though, because it took a long time to cool off. Also no towels in bathroom-they brought them relatively fast, but seemed strange that they weren't replaced when room cleaned. Also, bathroom door was damaged on inside--don't think we had pet friendly room, but almost looked like dog tried to claw out. Hotel staff was ok, but customer service did not seem top priority, except at Mallards. Overall, I would definitely stay again though-especially since there are not a lot of great options for one/two night stays at mountain--just may modify my expectations.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
oregonian
"4:00 check in -- not!"
My guess is that the management of this resort are resting their laurels on the quality of their facilities and grounds -- Real customer service takes a trained and committed staff who are supported and coached by leadership that pays attention to the details. Arrived at 3:50 for checkin -- was told it would be just a few minutes, "waiting for room inspection to clear." Went up to the desk again --"it will be just a few more minutes." Other guests are lining up in the lobby -- some of them start getting their keys. We waited until 5:00pm to check in. The Cobb salad at dinner had slimy lettuce -- sent it back. Breakfast at Mallard cafe did not have a host -- we did not know pricing of menu items and became tired of waiting for a table, so we went through buffet line. That ended up costing $20 per person -- not impressed. A few hours after we checked out of tRATm, we arrived in Hood Rive and had lunch at a Taqueria -- the hospitality quality at this inexpensive outdoor mexican restaurant outclassed that of the Resort at the Mountain by any standard. I was treating my wife to a nice birthday weekend -- it was an overall success, but no help from this resort.
Jack
"Nice amenities, good food and clean rooms"
We liked the place, but a few glitches mostly due to short staffing & poor management. We arrived Saturday. Early check in was impossible; they say 4PM they mean it. I think that's the latest checkin I've ever had anywhere. Rooms weren't ready due to short staff in housekeeping, or so they say. There was a wedding there at 5PM, some wedding guests were still waiting for rooms at 4:30. In the end we did get a nice room in a quiet area on an end unit at 4:15, even though we'd been on a early check-in "wait list." I don't believe anyone was called on that list prior to 4PM. To be fair though, they do say 4PM check in. A few observations & things I'd heard from other guests: Ice machine in our building wasn't working well, soda machine all sold out. I planned my day & allotted steam room time, when I got there it wasn't working. Took maintenance at least 20 minutes to arrive by then it was too late for me to really enjoy. But the spa manager did give me $25 credit on the treatments I had scheduled for the next day, so I'm happy with the resolution there. A couple I spoke to were told they were out of champagne when she ordered a mimosa on Sunday morn. Same couple ordered calamari, was told the thawed didn't look so good; can you wait for the rest to thaw? Maybe it will look better. On Sunday, a girl at the next table was almost in tears after a bad day, she arrived & was told her room wasn't ready. It was 5PM. That is inexcusable.
Patti
"Not like last time."
I have stayed at this resort before. Last time I stayed in a room with a fireplace. I had an excellent experience. This time I stayed in a suite. When I got there, while I had a terrific view of the golf course, the room was not clean. It smelled like sweat or damp or both. The sheets did not seem clean. It seemed like maybe they had had a flood in the room? The bathroom was much smaller than the other room I had stayed in. This leads me to believe the suites are the older rooms on the property. Housecleaning did not even clean the room. They said it was because I had a 'do not disturb' sign on the door but it was removed by 9:30 AM and I was gone the rest of the day. It made no sense. My friends who stayed in the room above had a similar experience. This was not the same experience I had the first time I stayed, and I was greatly disappointed.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
Great place...convenient to exploring mt hood hiking and mountain activities...great staff....huge room with fireplace but no kitchen
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
steve
"Relaxing mountain get-away"
Nice accomodations, quality linens and spa like towels amenities. Lots of kids due to summer, so it was quite noisy from the pool, but to be expected. Possibly if they had a "quiet time" at the pool starting about 9:00, it was very loud up until after 10:00.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
Faith
"Nice Mountain Hotel . . . with bad service"
I really wanted to like this hotel. I travel a lot and use Hotels.com to book most of my travel. So, I used them to book a nice weekend getaway for my wife and me on our wedding anniversary. The hotel grounds are nice, about what I expected. Rooms are big and spacious (had a fireplace suite). However, upon arrival I seemed to be an inconvenience to the staff - and it didn't get much better. The wait staff at the restaurant was very nice. The front desk and house cleaning was horrible. They do lots of company conferences and meetings - so I think they just treat everyone like a commodity. Unfortunate, because it could be really nice. I will not return for pleasure - and probably not use for business meeting either based on my experience. I also think that booking through Hotels.com resulted in a bad room. Also, I originally was told that I could get a dog-friendly room so we could bring our lab. A week before I called to confirm and they clarified that dogs had to be under 50 lbs. So, we had to scramble and get dog boarding last minute. Then, we check in and the people next to us had 2 large dogs - well over 50 lbs. When I mentioned this at check out, they said that most people don't follow the rules. So, why was I punished? And they had a $50 charge on my bill for dogs - which they reversed off, but glad I looked. Oh well.
2 night romance trip Jul 25, 2014
"Romantic getaway"
There's a lot to do. The recreation is abundant (tennis, golf, mini golf, croquet, hot tub, pool, trails...) The grounds are beautiful. Room was nice and large (king fireplace). They have a Keurig but only give you 4 cups (2 decaf & 2 breakfast blend). Bring extra if you want more. There is a mini fridge. Nice balcony. 2 restaurants on campus. Coin operated washer and dryer available. Grocery store and other restaurants nearby (we really enjoyed the Rendevous Grill).
2 night romance trip Jul 20, 2014
Marti
I was very pleased with the proximity to nearby sites like the Wildwood interpretive river trail and Government Camp. I also really enjoyed the bikes available and the putting course which I played with my 3 daughters. We had a great time!
1 night trip Jul 17, 2014
Great staff, great restaurants lots of things to do and a great view of the mountains from Mallards Pub!
2 night family trip Jul 16, 2014
Teresa
"good place for our family with a couple hiccups"
We enjoyed our 2-day stay with our 3 small kids, with a few hiccups. First, the pool was SO cold that no one would get in even though it was 90 degrees out. Second, we had a power outage and a flushing of the water system while we were there, but the hotel declined giving us even a small discount for our inconvenience because "it was not the hotel's fault that those things happened." However, a gesture, however small, from the hotel would have been much appreciated, and would have demonstrated real concern for the comfort of their guests.
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2014
Amber
"Wonderful get-away"
My husband and I went there for a 2 day getaway. Expedia says it was 17 miles from Multnomah Fallls. It was actually about an hour away. But we are so glad that the distance was misquoted.. Everything about this resort was wonderful. The room was very nice, the staff was friendly and their spa is amazing. We highly recommend.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Almost 2 nights"
My son & I arrived late the first night to a guaranteed reservation & everything was great (with the exception of a burned-out 3-way light bulb in one of the bedside lamps - which they promised to have maintenance replace first thing in the morning ... since all maintenance personnel were off-duty at that time of night). This was done the next morning after we left for our practice/training session to climb Mt. Hood ... which, BTW, we went to after having an excellent room service breakfast of omlets (one with egg whites and spinach - you guess whether I ate it or my son who is 13 ...), toast, orange juice, and fresh fruit. A bit expensive - but delicious! After completing our practice/training, we arrived back at The Resort in late afternoon, went to bed in early evening, slept until about 10p, got-up, loaded everything into our rental van, checked-out a little before 11p and were headed up Mt. Hood shortly after midnight!
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
"A delightful surprise."
The place was beautiful and well maintained. The rooms were tastefully decorated with a spacious bathroom and private patio. The pool and outside area inviting. We had lunch by the golf course, beautiful view, reasonable prices and excellent service.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
"close to what we wnaateed to see"
frabulous
1 night family trip May 31, 2014
Lamphere
Was there for a Golf event and had a fabulous time!
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Very relaxing"
Nice updates rooms lots of options for mountain entertainment Could use some more dining options
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2014
Jayson
"comfort in the woods"
This is a nice resort! Well maintained with all the amenities.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
dapicks
"weekend getaway"
Very peaceful. The resort was very quiet, despite being a busy summer weekend. Next time we will return with our children as there are so many activities available.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
C
"Not bad, but overrated and overpriced."
I felt it was not quite a 4 star, probably closer to 3. The price was too high for the quality of the room.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2014
"Weekend Getaway"
I chose this hotel specifically for the pool area. I liked the look and feel of it, and that the restaurant and bar were close and convenient, but the pool was closed throughout our stay. There was an algae breakout, and Monday morning at 9 we were told it would open in 24 hours. Tuesday at 9 it wasn't open, they said it would be open by 2, so we went on some excursions and came back at 3. The pool was still not open (and never was during our stay from Sunday to Wednesday morning when we checked out). While I was disappointed the pool was not opened, I was more disappointed that they kept telling us a time frame, and then that not happening. I would have rather heard "we don't have an ETA on when the pool will be opened, it could be a couple of days". They did give us access to the Whispering Woods pool which was not as nice and not the same resort type atmosphere, and we had to walk a bit to it. They were not helpful to my husband when asking about things to do, yet another customer said they showed him a cool spot at the river and took him in a golf cart. I guess it just depended on the staff as to how helpful they were. Also the room next to ours had a shattered sliding glass door. When we asked what happened it was a little "hush hush" and they said they didn't know. I wanted to know was it an accident, or did someone try to break into a room...and did I need to worry about safety and security. Overall it just wasn't the experience I was expecting for our resort vacation.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
Kristie
It was memorable. Hotel staff was exceptional!!!
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"An oasis in the mountains"
Wonderful 3 9- hole golf courses and spa! Very comfortable bed! Staff cared about us. Will return!
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Margaret
"Impressed!"
As this resort is a bit long in the tooth, I expected it to be a bit dated. I was pleasantly surprised. I was in a fantastic room in the 800 building - the rooms are spread out in various buildings across the resort property - and it had been renovated into a very modern, clean almost European style that was very impressive. There were a few items in the room that could have used more maintenance, but nothing serious. All staff were courteous and professional. Free bike and sports equipment a available for guest use was a huge plus!
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2014
Craig
"Beautiful hotel nice pool access"
We wanted a mini get away from Portland Nd found this resort to be perfect. Super nice staff and the restaurant was great too. The room service menu was really reasonable too.we spent a lot of time at the beautiful pool which was just steps from our patio. Definitely going back again. One of the most comfortable beds I've slept in at a hotel.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
T-bomb
Bathroom lacked space in which to hang towels, toilet kit, etc. No racks and lots of space to put those. Both of us noticed this right away. Duvet placed backwards on bed. Opening was at top instead of bottom. Kept placing arms inside and very uncomfortable and really not a sanitary way to arrange this item. The room was clean and nice to have a balcony with view of forest.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
"Mt Hood area resort, kinda"
For the amount paid, I hoped for a better overall experience. Staff were pleasant at check in, but rushed and eager to move us along. There wasn't a line at the check in, no one was behind us. We have a small dog, and were assigned a room in a row of 10 rooms that had a communal pet yard. A good design idea, but effect lessened by sense of exile to the "back 40" row houses. However, the rooms were very clean, modern and comfortable, even if "designer" bathroom's large square sink lacked space to place personal items. When we arrived, we were assigned a room near the end of the row. Good. What annoyed me was how the Resort staff assigned the ONLY other pet owner guests RIGHT NEXT TO US. There are 10 rooms in this pet-friendly facility, and we get to be next door neighbors. They were not loud, but of course we heard them come and go, and their TV, and friends who arrived . . . Really! And I'm sure they heard us. Isn't it basic common sense and customer service "etiquette" for the Resort staff to assign rooms in an order that allows for maximum privacy? There were 8 empty rooms, yet we were right next to one another. And we could hear one another.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014