All hotels in Rome, Italy
Via Statilia 23/A, Rome, RM, 00185, Italy, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good value for Rome but needs better beds."
The beds are old and tired and not very comfortable, however after a long day in Rome I could sleep soundly on a bed of nails! The price was good, the staff helpful, the location convenient and the included breakfast was quite good. Has a lovely little courtyard to enjoy the breakfast in.
Other trip Nov 24, 2012
"european experience"
For European standards maybe 31/2, but for american standards 3. A/c didnt work well.no wash cloths in bathroom. bed was hard.but it was small and pleasant like for a european experience. but not close to termini station . You still need to take taxi to terminal if u have luggage
Other trip Nov 22, 2012
Connie
"2 star hotel in the cover of 4 star"
A 4 star hotel which barely deserves even 3 stars, uncomfortable and small rooms, very poor breakfast and a total bad condition of the hotel as a whole, i really don`t know which rate system gave this hotel extra 2 stats more than he should have!!!
Other trip Nov 19, 2012
"How did they get the fourth star?"
Tight and small rooms, bad sound isolation and traffic all night. Quite far from tourist attractions.
Other trip Nov 11, 2012
Pepi
"A good experience"
The staff and the location of the hotel was excellent. The breakfast served in the morning was excellent. However, the room was small which is okay but mainly the bathroom was not up to the standard of a four star hotel. All in all we enjoyed the stay but we felt that the hotel should be rated as three star hotel not four.
Other trip Oct 31, 2012
"nice hotel"
we had a very pleasant stay, the location was nice and quiet, the breakfast was pleasing
Other trip Oct 25, 2012
"Very pleased but long walk from metro"
I was prepared to be dissatisfied with this hotel as i purchased it through the Expedia blind hotel program based on the description and location in Rome. When I saw the name of the hotel and checked reviews I was very disappointed in my non cancellable purchase. The location description on the hotel's website states they are just a few short steps from the metro stop (these were their words, not mine). I was furious to get to the metro stop and find that the hotel was at least a quarter of a mile from the stop. It was 95 degrees in Rome and I had to drag a 40 pound suitcase for a quarter of a mile! With all of that said, I have to say my expecations were exceeded by this hotel in every other way: Room was delightful and effort had been made to provide a boutique type decor. No charge for wifi Excellent breakfast with many varieties of foods both hot and cold When it rained, there were complimentary umbrellas by the door for guests Beautiful courtyard and main floor entry that was very comfortable and inviting. Neighborhood very safe and lovely. My standards are very high as I have traveled extensively. My only complaint was the distance from the metro. Just be prepared for a long walk and you will not be disappointed in any other area during your stay.
Other trip Oct 10, 2012
"An European Style Hotel"
Actually, this is a three stars quality hotel. Close to the Central station (5 Metro stops with transfer).
Other trip Oct 8, 2012
"Hotel La Pergola"
Not up to its four star billing. Rooms were very small and in need of repair.
Other trip Oct 2, 2012
"Can't recommend"
okay room but bathroom needs some maintenance the neighborhood was dreadful and very far away from sites
Other trip Sep 30, 2012
Travel Girl
"Great for everybody!"
Great old building! People was very nice and the room was sweet! If you are looking for a "fancy" experience do not go there, but if you like to enjoy the Italian experience that's the right place for you!
Other trip Sep 7, 2012
Filippo

"Quirky but friendly hotel"
This was our second stay at this hotel. It's quirky and has some interesting artwork in the rooms but we enjoyed our stay. It is handy for the railway station and 20 minutes walk from the Colosseum. The breakfast was good and the staff friendly and helpful. It's also very good value for money.
2 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
Angela
"Very helpful staff"
A quirky hotel, very good value and well sited for buses and trams. The staff were extremely helpful, giving me advice on local restaurants and on my problems with Trenitalia (don't ask!). The room was small, but comfortable. Breakfast was fine, a typical Italian breakfast with additional scrambled eggs and bacon (which might be better off in separate hotplates). My only tiny gripe was that, as in many Italian hotels, every fruity flavour of tea was available but not ordinary black tea. I would certainly stay there again.
3 night trip Jul 27, 2015
Mathew M
We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel La Pace- a very clean and comfortable hotel with a beautiful view of the Abbey from the rooms facing the road. The staff at reception were very friendly and helpful. Pino Valente the hotel owner is passionate about the WW@ Battlesites in the area and willingly shares his knowledge with guests-he lent us a map and info on the battlesites and on the Roman Road which one can return down from a visit to the Abbey (if one enjoys walking). We stayed 2 nights but could easily have stayed another. We walked from the station(about 15-20min) and also walked to the Commonwealth War Cemetery-about 35 - 40min away.All in all a very pleasant and enjoyable stay in Cassino.
2 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
Rosemary
ZA
"Nice enough, but definitely not a 4-star hotel."
I booked the Emona because I thought the photos showed a hotel with character. It certainly does have character, and is bright and welcoming. However it does have a few negatives along with the positives. PROS: Good amenities: minibar, safe, hair dryer, air conditioning, excellent powerful shower. Very nice, helpful staff Excellent breakfasts: fruit, bread, cheeses, yogurts, cereals, eggs, bacon, etc. Beautiful courtyard including an elusive black cat! CONS: Terrible area. Nothing is close, you have to walk a fair bit for a decent restaurant or shop. It's only a 15 minute walk from the Manzoni Metro, but at the end of a long day when your feet are like lead, that walk back to the hotel is a challenge. Even worse when you have to go out of your way to pick up snacks for your room as well. Small rooms, though this is to be expected in Europe. Perhaps also because I had a single room. Beds and pillows are like ROCKS. Terrible, terrible beds. My back will take weeks to be right again. I've never been in a bed that hard before, or had pillows that uncomfortable. The pretty, bright bed linens in the photos are in actuality old, tattered and stained. Very unpleasant. Dirty. The maid cleaned the obvious items very well, but the filthy walls, scum on the hairdryer, stained bedding and other such things gave the impression of a hostel. FINAL VERDICT: So long as you're mentally prepared for, at maximum, the feel of a 3-star hotel, then go for it.
Other trip May 27, 2015
Kathleen
"Nice hotel, free wifi and breakfast"
I have no complaints about this hotel. It's in a good location, convenient walking distance (20-25 min) the Colosseum, and it has free wifi and breakfast, which is all I really need from a hotel.
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
Jen
"City hotel"
The hotel is in a tidy area of Termini, Rome. The tram is about 2 mins walk away and this runs to the Termini for €1.50 where all the tour buses and underground run from. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the hotel and the owner couldn't have been more helpful. There was traffic noise over the cobbles but when you are as tired from sightseeing as we were it shouldnt keep anyone awake.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"Nice hotel close to colloseum"
Good hotel for the price, walking distance to Coloseum, close to metro station and market shops. Staff in hotel very nice and helpful. Breakfast was good, plenty of food and drink to choose. Room was clean and tiddy with a nice bathroom and small terrace. There was a tv and small fridge in a room. Overall we had a good time. We would recommend this hotel and we have loved our trip to Rome.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Mariusz
"Charming hotel"
This was a lovely stay, although im not sure how it is a 4* hotel. Breakfast was sufficient, a little lacking in imagination but had everything you would need. Rooms were small but with high ceilings and bathroom had a large double shower. The fridge in the room was a nice touch, especially since it can with a cork screw. This was a lovely hotel, just needs a bit of touching up :)
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Katy
beautifully decorated hotel, quality stay even better than any other more luxury hotels, the entrance was impressive, had the feeling that I was staying at a local home.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"not a nice holiday overall"
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to say my opinion about this hotel. I choose to stay at this hotel for 2 reasons : reviews and location. But we were very disappointed about the hotel itself, the room was very small , the bathroom was straight in front of the bed with long windows on the door which u can see inside easily , not mentioning the shower wasn't working properly , u either get very hot water or very cold !
4 night family trip Feb 1, 2015
Liliana
Fantastic experience, the hotel is amazing and the staff couldn't do more to help you enjoy your stay and all that Rome has to offer, we'll definitely be back.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
"Boutique Hotel in City Centre close to Termini"
Nice clean spacious rooms, BF without any variety Well heated, clean and spacious Bathrooms, a luxery in Europe
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Vishal
"Nice hotel, walking distance to Colosseum."
Very Good breakfast and room. Staff was very helpful on tourim and general tips.
Response by Hotel Emona Aquaeductus
We appreciate the “Pro” for our location, we actually agree with your comment, we think that the location is indeed ideal as a base to visit Rome. We are in fact in a central area, 4 stops of Tram / bus from Termini station, 5 from the Colosseum and not far from the Manzoni Metro Station A to quickly reach San Pietro. In our neighborhood, not overcrowded by tourists, runs the normal every day life of the residents. This gives the visitor the opportunity to have an experience of direct knowledge of the habits and behaviors of the local residents. With pleasure, we encourage our guests to frequent the places of this historic neighborhood as restaurants, ice cream shops, markets and supermarkets; to remember another side of Rome. Thank you for your choice. As far as our Wi-Fi provision, its performance has been recently modified to increase the relevant level , nevertheless its connection will continue to be free.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Marcos
"good hotel"
Good location
3 night romance trip Nov 4, 2014
"Disappointing 3.5/4 star hotel"
While the hotel is within easy reach to the metro station, the condition of the building and furniture is regrettable. The toilet and shower is separated only by a curtain. Hence the whole bathroom can get wet when you shower. The mirror was cracked in the bathroom. The window frames were dirty. The tiles were cracked and missing in the corners. The shower head was rusty. The insulation was bad as the window was not double glazed in the bedroom. Since the hotel is off a main road, there was also a lot of street/traffic noise which could bother people who are not used to it. There was no lock in the bathroom but an unusual hole where the key would normally fit. The hotel staff at reception were both helpful with recommendations. The lady who serves breakfast is also nice even if she speaks little English. However, on one occasion there was another member of staff and when we asked for scrambled eggs (just before 10 am, maybe 9.59 am) his reply was that breakfast was only served until 10 am which I thought was very rude and not befitting the 4 star service that this hotel claims to be. We only managed to get pastries once during our 5-night stay.That was also disappointing as choice was limited. I would not recommend this hotel and I haven't . Hotels are quite expensive in Rome but there must be better ones for a similar price. Unfortunately I booked this one as a secret hotel. That's one promotion I won't be using again. Also there is a EUR6 charge p/p per night!
Trish
"Great, quiet location. Close to all major sites."
Fantastic, helpful staff (particularly Max). Short walk to Metro and then only a couple of stops to all major sites.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
"Nice hotel close to antique room"
Very nice Staff.when I asked about tea facilities they gave me a kettle.the porter guided me to the sights of rome and special sights and restaurants,and took a lot of time .
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Helpful staff"
We visited twice within one week punctuated by a trip to Pompei. The staff were very helpful and even looked after some luggage that we chose not to take to Pompei. The courtyard, foyer area and dining areas are nice. Our first room was small however the second was upstairs and bigger which was much better. A local underground rail station was a relatively short walk away whilst the Colisseum was walkable but quite a bit further which was also where the nearest hop on/off bus stop was. It was only a short taxi ride to the main railway station.
3 night trip with friends Sep 28, 2014
Ian and Michele
"A charming, friendly experience"
A short cab ride from Roma Termini train station, the hotel is on a busy street, but the entry is a lovely garden with outdoor furniture and water features that provide a wonderful oasis of calm after a busy day exploring Rome. There are many tourist highlights within walking distance and tour buses also pick up from the hotel. Excellent breakfast and really friendly, helpful staff. Small rooms and road noise may be an issue depending on your room's location - but the trade off is very reasonable pricing and the garden setting.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Gail
"Good position"
Close to everything in Rome, all walking distance.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
"Lovely hotel"
Enjoyed our stay at this hotel it was far enough away from the city centre that (apart from road noise) the area was quiet at night. Staff were really friendly and helpful whenever we had a question. There was a fantastic take away pizza place just round the corner from the hotel and we were able to sit out in the hotel garden and eat our dinner on a couple of evenings which was nice. We also found there were several restaurants within easy walking distance all of whom served good food at reasonable prices. With the metro, colosseum and termini station just short walks away everything was reached easily, we found this hotel to be an ideal base for a short break in Rome.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"The best hotel in Roma"
The staff was helpfull and very friendly;also the rooms very very very clean and i feel like in home.the breakfast was very delicate and nice.to be honest,i never espect a good stay in this hotel,just regular,but really was fantantic,i do not have any bad thing to say about this beautiful place.Close to everything and in a very calm part of rome.i will be there again one and 100 times.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
jonathan
"Good location in quiet but accessible spot"
well situated within walking distance of collosseum and surroundings. Authentic roman style looking hotel with lovely interior. decent buffet continental style breakfast with the bonus of scrambled eggs and bacon. room was very clean and light and bright with a contemporary yet traditional feel, really nice mixture and well thought out with unusual impressive artwork on the walls. Use the nearby and easy to understand metro station to get around , cheap and convenient, manzoni metro station is a 5-10 minute walk and most of the main attractions once you arrive at the appropriate station are never more than a 15 minute walk away ( and i walk with a stick ). Would definitely recommend this hotel
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
cheryl
"good position, nice area"
thought hotel was great, a bit quirky, as good in real life as in the pictures, in fact the breakfast area was nicer than it looked. Hotel staff were generally very good, 2 of the 3 we dealt with were very friendly & helpful, other one a bit surly! room really lovely, great shower. bed in 2nd room was a bit small for 2 teenagers, bit disappointed with that, as I did book and pay for 4 adults.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
Gillian
"Very poor hotel. It can not be 4 * at all."
We went Roma for honeymoon . First hotel made me disappointed . It's says 4 * star hotel . It should be no star at all . I stayed many 4 star hotel around Europe bit was the worst hotel according the money I payed . Staff is very rode . Breakfast is very poor. No restaurant , pub inside the hotel. If the room price 60 eur per night it's ok but we paid over 100 eur. I'm sure I can find better hote with this price. I don't wanna give any stare. It's like normal B&B .
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
Joy
"VERY UNIQUE HOTEL WITH BEAUTIFUL GARDEN AREA"
I booked our vacation to Italy online through Expedia and I am pleasantly surprised with this hotel and the organization. All went very smoothly. I am impressed and will continue to use Expedia for future travel!
Other trip May 26, 2014
Coleen
I had a small and basic room but a reasonable price. This hotel is close to the major bus routes and not far from the metro so a good launch pad to visit Rome for sensible money. Staff very friendly and kind. All you could want for a short city break without frills, although there was a mini bar, wi-fi and access to the internet in the lobby.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Pretty, quirky small hotel"
Hotel was fine - especially if you like smaller slighty different hotels, room clean and comfortable, shower good, breakfast good. Reception staff could have been more helpful!
Other trip May 16, 2014
Ann
"Not far from most places"
Easy to get to and from. No more than 15 minutes walk from the Coliseum and Forum. 25 from the Vatican by foot and Metro, very easy to use. Easy City to get around, Although very busy even by London standards, mind you had we aviod 2 beatifications and the biggest pilgrimage since Moses, it might have been a little quieter
Other trip May 6, 2014
Gary & Carol
"Ok hotel, but nothing special"
Got there late at night, very welcoming at reception. Hotel room was ok but nothing special, no tea making facilities (always a mark down in my book), double bed which was comfortable all be it a bit lumpy. Bathroom had shower and toilet. My main gripes were to do with the the shower cubical. The shower holder was broken so you had to hold the shower head when you wanted a shower which was fine apart from when you needed 2 hands. The bathroom tiles were dirty and black with mould on a few of them. The bedroom itself was clean, just the bathroom that needed a bit of work. The hotels breakfast was good including scrambled eggs and bacon if you wanted. Just get there before 9.15 (breakfast ends at 10) as things start to run out by this point (such as bread for toast) and they don't get replaced.
Other trip May 5, 2014
lal1988
"Business trip"
Staff were welcoming, helpful and pleasant. Breakfast very good. We enjoyed our stay.
Other trip May 5, 2014
Ronald
"5 star excellence"
good location - 5 minutes from metro, supermarket, restaurants. Hotel is stunning - lots of funky artwork, patio seating area, clean rooms. Staff are very polite and helpful. Breakfast - lots of choice.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
wedgietheveggie
"Nice hotel , close to city centre and station"
Nice , clean accommodation,tidying room every day,rich breakfast, opposite to aquaduct, kind helpful staff, near to metro and central station, nice terrace, even lift, close to restaurants and fast food...
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
Nika and Csaba
"Lovely Courtyard, Great Staff"
Very friendly welcome on arrival. Room was fine. Location was OK, tram nearby and metro a short walk. Would return if visiting Roma again.
2 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2014
MrRick
"Location"
Location of hotel is near trams and buses. 5 bus stops to Train stn. Few eating places near by as well.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
Marjorie
"Hotel Emona, 3 nights stay"
Having arrived mid afternoon, we checked in without any fuss but were told about the 'city tax' which costs 2-3 euros per person per night depending on your rated hotel. This wasn't explained to us upon booking but maybe that's our fault for not checking. The staff were friendly enough, ordering taxis when needed and even phoning a shop to see if it was open. The hotel class itself as 4 star but personally I think it's a 3.5 tops. Breakfast is a continental style but they did put on bacon and eggs too which is always nice. Note, there are no local shopping, bars and only one restaurant so a trip on the metro is needed, but then, the whole city is spread out over a few miles squared. If you intend to see the sights, always always always get a guide and if you find one called Alex with an English accent, he's brilliant
Other trip Feb 11, 2014
Allan
"Nice hotel, good location for metro."
We found the hotel staff to be courteous. Hotel & room was clean. Breakfast was more than adequate with continental & hot options, plenty of choice & all very fresh. Some mornings we arrived down later for breakfast but we found that the supply of food was always replenished.
Other trip Feb 7, 2014
Foxy
definitely not a 4* hotel but as for Rome and the price it was all good. Clean and much more than expected for £30/per night.
Other trip Dec 3, 2013
"Do not stay here! This is a 2 star B&B"
This is a 2 star B&B by North American standards. Rooms are tiny, beds are hard, comforters are padded bedskirts. We had plumbing issues in our room and water started dripping from the ceiling when the toilet flushed, water dripped onto lighting fixture. Room A/C also didn't work. We switched rooms and this room the hot water didn't work. Breakfast was below standard European breakfast. The juices had flies floating in them.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013