All hotels in Freeport, Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereSea Horse Road at Port Lucaya, Lucaya, Freeport, Grand Bahama, Bahamas, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice Place to Stay in Freeport"
The room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable. The waterside view was more of the pool than of the ocean but the view from the balcony was beautiful. The location was extremely convenient for walking to the marketplace, restaurants, and access to activities/tours/watersports. Overall it was a very enjoyable visit!
Other trip Mar 13, 2014
"Nice hotel with lots of quiet pools and viewpoints"
The hotel has a great location with lots of quiet pools and viewpoints. A free ferry is available to the beach close by. Breakfast outside to admire the sunrise and views over the marina.
Other trip Mar 8, 2014
"Loved it!!"
Had an amazing experience! This hotel had everything we needed and was in an excellent location!!
Other trip Mar 8, 2014
"Wonderful stay at Pelican Bay!"
Spent seven days - February 22 - March 1, 2014. Hotel is a three star property with an excellent location adjacent to Port Lucaya Markeplace, Unexsco (Dive Shop) and wonderful restaurants. Hotel could use some updating (old TV - which we did not care about, but some might). However, room was good size, had comfortable bed and plenty of hot water for tub/shower. Staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. Sabor, restaurant on site, served good to excellent food at lunch and dinner. Also, fabulous restaurant, Flying Fish is just off property grounds. Had breakfast buffet included in package - omlettes, cereal, pastries, fruit, juice - available. Would definitely return and would have preferred to stay for two weeks instead of one.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
Pat
"A little dated but worth evey penny"
A few things were broken and didn't work ice machine tv was shoot vending machines out of order if you got to breakfast late it was wiped out my room safe didn't work etc however the people are very nice and accommodating.. I think its getting a little old and needs some tlc.. I would definitely go back Thank You Barry
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
"The property and common facilities are excellent."
The staff are pleasant, and greet with smiles and genuine care.
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
Norman
"Room biggest disappointment"
Room paid for never available. Staff nice, but never got the room showed on website
Other trip Feb 19, 2014
"Not as presented"
Grounds are pretty. However room ordered and paid for never received. Room shown and king sized bed never received. Resort appears to be I. Two different segments, rooms and suites. Suites presented as what is expected with king sized beds, however received room with king- sized bed only after persistent request. Staff very nice, but passive. Accommodations were ok, but rooms need upgrading.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"Pelican bay"
Nice hotel, staff makes you feel at home, been to the Bahamas three times and I've only booked here at pelican bay
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
naomi
"Better Than Expected!"
Great choice right next to restaurants, shops, UNEXSO (dive, snorkeling trips.) Quieter and more intimate than larger, spashier Grand Lucayan-which also looked nice.) Room spacious w/ modern bathroom, very clean. Hotel well maintained, nice landscaping. Actually nicer than the pix lead you to believe. Staff friendly, helpful. Not right on beach, but a short walk away. Surrounded on 3 sides by water and has at least 2 nice pools. Sabor restaurant best meal of trip and nice atmosphere. Would definitely recommend.
Other trip Feb 13, 2014
Tired O'Winter
"Expected less but got the Best!"
I go to Freeport often but normally I stay at the Grand Lucayan directly in front of the Pelican Bay. This particular time, I chose to stay at the Pelican Bay. I was extremely optimistic about doing this but it turned out to be better than I expected. I chose to upgrade my room to a Stateroom with the view of the canal. Great choice! The room was extremely spacious and offered a great little kitchenette. I felt as though I was in a little apartment and not a regular room. The bedroom was separate from the living area and the restroom was away from the bedroom. There was an outdoor patio that had beach like lounge chairs that were very comfortable. We were able to take advantage of those a lot as we sat and watch the sun go down over the canal and some mornings watch it come up. The staff at the front desk were very courteous and definitely enjoyed the complimentary drinks at the Sabor restaurant connected to the hotel. We really didn't have to leave the hotel for anything, as we were in walking distance to the beach, Port Lucaya, restaurants, different activities and other things. However, we did rent a car to go on some little tours that we miss other times we were there. I am definitely staying here again when I return, especially if the price is right. Only thing that I could recommend them doing is updating there business room. It could definitely use some updating but not all that bad. I don't have any clean pictures to post, sorry! :)
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
Traveling
"Place to relax-walking distance to food & beach"
Nice hotel, suggest waterside stateroom for view of canal. Breakfast area was good and omelettes as well. 3 pools and a hot tub (ask for heat), overall nice facilities, steps from Port Lucayan Marketplace. Meas include tips, only one restaurant fell shirt on service. Molly Malone's was great, tap water not bad but I suggest bottle or jug for general consumption. Weather awesome, free beach taxi to private beach.
Other trip Feb 9, 2014
likes to relax
"Beautiful resort, frustrating services"
I have to compare Pelican Bay with Grand Lucayan since they're right across the street from each other. Pelican Bay is absolutely beautiful and if being on the beach isn't mandatory, I recommend it. In comparison, Grand Lucayan loses out big time in the charm department, being almost medicinal. My room at PB was gorgeous AND they gave me a free upgrade to a suite. Dinner at the restaurant was wonderful, and breakfast was in a beautiful building with floor to ceiling windows. But there were many difficulties, which could be easily remedied with a proper guest info package in the room. There was a refrigerator and microwave, but no mini bar and no vending machines nearby. I had to go to the restaurant to buy a can of soda. I wasn't given a map when I checked in so I ended up wandering all over the place before I found my room because the resort comprises many buildings. (I was given directions like this: Go out the door, take a right, go to the end of the walkway near the table and take a left, take the next right, go up to the third floor and it's the 2nd door on the right - even with a great memory it was impossible. Showing me on a map would have been much easier). There wasn't a map in the room either! No ph #s, no phone instructions, no wifi instructions, no tv guide, no restaurant info (on-site or local). But when I finally went back down to the front desk, they were very helpful. Overall, my stay at PB was pleasant and I'll stay there again.
Other trip Feb 8, 2014
Vivian
"Escaping the snow."
My husband and I decided we had to escape the bitter cold we were having here in south eastern VA. We booked this trip on Monday and flew out on Thusday!! We propbably would have been happy sleeping on chairs on the beach in the 80 degree temps :) Pelican Bay was a nice resort in a great location. Just what we needed. The staff was very nice and helpful with any questions we had. Our room was comforatable and had a nice view of the waterway. There were a few minor issuses but we just overlooked them....the room was a little damp smelling and the bath tub drained very slowly. The ice make on our floor never work and the vending machine was also broken. Thet def needed to do some upkeep. For the most part we very vey pleased with the resort. We are beach people so that had a hugh influance on our attitudes. They have a free water taxi that takes you over to Tanio beach. It was about an 8 min ride. Tanio was a nice beach and we also had acsess to the resort over there. They had a large pool with a swim up bar and a lazy river. Just what we were looking for. Pelican Bay is a 5 min walk over to Port Lucaya markret place. There are several shops, resturants and open area bars. They had entertainment in sq. every evening. We really enjoyed the area. The water Taxi driver droped us off at Red Beards on Sunday for the superbowl. We had a great time at Red Beards! The owner, Brian is a very friendly and is a supporter on the local animal shelter.
Other trip Feb 7, 2014
Tracy
"Wedding Stay"
Stayed at the hotel for a wedding. Overall the room was clean but the amibance was not very appealing. Just a basic room, no frills.
Other trip Feb 6, 2014
"Glad my wife wasn't with me"
I've been traveling to the Port Lucaya area for the past 20 years but this is the first and last stay at this hotel. It looks great from the outside but the room I was in was filthy. The tub did not drain properly causing me to stand in ankle deep soapy water by the end of my shower. The faucet in the bathroom was so corroded it sprayed all over the counter top every time I used it and what water did manage to stay in the sink drained as slow as the tub. I used one of the white hotel towels to mop up some water on the bathroom floor (because of the sink spray) and was shocked at how dirty the towel was just from wiping a small area, my white socks looked like I had been running around in the parking lot. You would think guests would receive free WiFi but no, that is an additional $12.95 a day. It doesn't take a lot to please me but this was terrible.
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
It had everything I need except a microwave other then that everything was great
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
Hunnybun
"Less than meets the eye"
The hotel property looks amazing from the outside and truly the outside appearance is amazing, but hotel resembled more of a motel. Compared to the hotel across the street, this hotel doesnot meet general standards, is beneath. Disappointing
1 night trip Jan 21, 2014
"A nice trip."
We were happy with this for the most part. I think internet should be included with the room and not an extra fee. The hot tub was cold. There were dirty "icky" finger prints on the walls around the toilet. Plumbing was not working the greatest. On the other hand very friendly staff. If we asked for anything they got right on it.
Other trip Jan 27, 2014
Annie
"Nice stay for the money"
This was a nice hotel/resort. Excellent location - short walking distance to the marketplace. The hotel lobby, pools, restaurant are all nice. The rooms are just a little less than excellent but still just fine. My room was clean and well stocked...just not luxurious. I was perfectly comfortable. The staff was very friendly and eager to please.
Other trip Jan 22, 2014
Bridgette
"Excellent get away spot"
People are really nice all around. They have really nice suites
Other trip Jan 12, 2014
"a great hotel for people who use the UNEXSO"
I had spent about 1 week in this hotel at between the beginning of the year from the end of the year. This hotel was best location for people who use the UNEXSO. However, room cleaning time was irregular. Also, there was a case that a stock of beach towels is missing.
Other trip Jan 10, 2014
Great place, hotel was accommodating and very friendly.
Other trip Jan 10, 2014
"Disorganized"
When we arrived for our 4 night stay, we were told that the property was overbooked and could not accommodate us for the first night. Their solution was to put us up in a hotel 20 minutes away and they offered us complimentary dinner and breakfasts. I couldn't believe they weren't offering to comp the whole trip. We ended up staying across the street at the Grand Lucayan (which has a host of separate problems) so we never even stayed here. So disappointed with the disorganization.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
Monica
"Great Place to Relax"
The staff and management at this hotel went out of their way to make sure everything was right. They are all exceptionally nice and genuinely concerned with doing whatever it takes for you to enjoy your stay. Highly recommend the Waterside Staterooms, worth the cost over the standard room, nicely appointed and very relaxing.
Other trip Jan 1, 2014
"Escape from the cold for Chrismas"
Great water taxi to the best beach on the island, even though the taxi was definitely on island time. Nice bar pool. Comfortable bed. Great deck with chairs. Sticky floors, rundown bathroom, and leaking water across from the elevator.
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
Vikki
no heated pools...loud appliances...no sleep! Don't bother it's not 4 star by far.
Other trip Dec 26, 2013
"this hotel is 2star top"
terible
Other trip Dec 19, 2013
"it's a great get- and hideaway"
easy to reach from the port or airport, easily accessable from hiway, need more street signs, you can get easily lost - luckily its a small island, not all like a breakfast buffet, give us a choice for small appetites
Other trip Dec 15, 2013
When the desk clerk learned I was a solo traveler, she changed my hotel room from a quiet waterfront room to a pool-/bar-front room. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but it was annoying on Saturday evening when I had to go to sleep for a 0430 Sunday wakeup call while the bar was thumping and loud. I don't fault the desk clerk, but I wasn't there to party.
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
"Dive, dive, dive"
Unexo is awesome
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
"Not what expected"
The hotel was very dated. The room we had was dirty, even had mold growing on the shower curtain. We. notified the staff that our door didn't lock and they never came to fix it The chairs on the patio were ready to fall apart! The tv was old and did not get good reception. We did not feel comfortable there After 2 days we decided to leave and go across the street to the beautiful Grand Lucayan. It was wonderful and right on the ocean! The staff couldn't have been nicer! We found out we weren't the only ones to change hotels. Don't waste your money on Pelican Bay!
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
"Nice staff not so nice room"
The TV picture was snowy, the room smelled musty, no pictures on the wall for decor, and the drawers on the dresser were hard to open. I wasa bit surprised to find the Pelican Resort to be this kind of substandard presentation and honestly I am really not a complainer, but I stayed four nights and really wanted to ask for some kind of discount off my credit card. I will say the staff were very nice and professional.
Other trip Nov 16, 2013
"Great Location especially for meetings and confere"
Check in was a breeze, the whole island inclusive of the hotel grounds and rooms were exceptionally clean, all the time!! Breakfast was great, mainly continental, and the Unexso building next door offered various water-sports and activities like swimming with dolphins. The craft market and a lovely local mall were also next door to the hotel quite convenient. Enjoyed my stay immensely....
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
Lindey
"Ok hotel."
Our room was not very clean. The bedsheets might have not been changed from a previous stay because there was hair. Also, there was some dust in the bathroom and the people that cleaned never really clean the room. I assume they are not allowed to touch any of the guests belongings so they clean around it. The beds were uncomfortable but the people were nice and the hotel restaurant, Sabor, was very good. The food was delicious.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"Outstanding"
The hotel is gorgeous and is very close by the port lucaya market, so you can never get bored! The rooms were gorgeous and quiet! The front office was very helpful and made themselves available to accomodate. I had a concern with my reservations and they were very professional and courteous. They resolved the issue and took great care in handling the situation! I will definitely be back!!
Other trip Oct 25, 2013
"This hotel is fabulous"
Great price, great location and great staff....check out the bar on the property. It overlooks the water. Check-in was a breeeze (thank you Norma) as was check-out. The only thing I wish they had was free Wi-Fi in the room. You have to pay to use it but it's fast and efficient.
1 night business trip Oct 3, 2013
Susan W
"Nice Quiet Resort with a great restaraunt"
Excellent hotel right next to the Lucaya market place so there are lots of things to do. From tours and excursions to lots of restaurants and bars.
Other trip Sep 17, 2013
"Friendly Family oriented hotel"
I arrive at the hotel on a Monday and all the staff were so friendly. They were willing to help me as I couldn't find my room immediately. There service is a+. The pools were amazing and really nearby to most rooms around the resort. The business centre was handy to send a few emails too-free service if you didn't want to use wireless in your room which was expensive in my opinion. I paid for the buffet breakfast-it was well worth the money and the variety of things to eat were amazing! Again, the staff were friendly. The resort was well priced for the closeness to the markets/food places and beach (which you took a boat ferry-free of charge). As for the cleanliness of the room- the bathroom appeared slightly dirty but the beds, floors and kitchenette were fine. There was free tea and coffee to in the room.
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
"Would recommend this hotel."
I do plan to visit again. Had a wonderful time. Hotel was great and staff were so kind and helpful. Walking distance to just about everything. Shuttle to another beach was also available.
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
"My Freeport Bahamas trip"
Overall, everything was nice, perfect weather, nice water sport activities.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
Sirena
"rained"
not nice boring, nothing to do, everything is old and people are crazy
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
danny
"Nice hotel quiet most times and picturesque."
The waterside rooms were relaxing with a really good view of the bay. My children enjoyed the pools and the hot tub, and the nearby market place. There were lots of choices for dining at the nearby market place (Port Lucaya) and the food was not so bad. There was always something to do if you wanted to. Snorkeling, bike riding, glass bottom boat ride, live entertainment on week ends, etc. This was my family's first visit here and we enjoyed it. I definitely plan to go back again.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Portia
"Not bad for the $"
Not bad for the $
4 night business trip Jun 27, 2013
Marc
"Nice hotel close to lots of activities!"
We stayed in a waterside room, but wish we would have stayed in a state room as they had more amenities in the room. However, room was clean and did the job. Staff seemed pleasant enough. Food at the attached restaurant Sabor was good, although expensive and small portions. One of the pools was frequently closed for maintenance i believe, which was kind of annoying, but we were there for the beach mostly anyways. There is no grocery store within walking distance and only had snacks at the marketplace close by, so expect to be dining out for almost every meal and spending atleast 15 a person for each meal. Many places to choose from. I recommend the Unexso Dive In Bar and Grill located right next to the hotel along the marina.Best food and best prices! The Port Lucaya Marketplace is very short walk and lots of places to eat and shop. plus lots of opportunities to snorkel, swim with dolphins, and lots of other activites! We didn't really care for the Lucaya Beach, so we made a daily FREE ferry trip to Taino Beach where the beach is less crowded and more beautiful anyway. Plus, lots of stuff to do there as well - water sports, beautiful pool, volleyball, shuffleboard.
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
Chelsee
Bad internet connection
1 night trip Jun 7, 2013
"Wonderful relaxing stay"
Pelican Bay hotel is situated perfectly on a thumb shaped bit of land very close to shopping and restaurants and beaches but far enough away from the little town square where they have music playing pretty loudly until 11:00 pm or so...You won't be bothered by it if your sliding glass door is closed.....that is, if you like to turn in early. The hotel itself is in good shape but not super flashy and shiny and modern. My room had a great view of one of the pools, Sabor Restaurant and the Lucaya port The staff was polite and helpful but it also pays off to read the information given to you because I didn't and I didn't even know there were three pools total until too late. (The pool I had been going to was closed the second half of my stay there due to filter and chemical balance problems) They try to reduce waste by giving a guest the option to NOT have their linens washed every day and that was great by me. The water there was fine to drink and tasted much better than in North Carolina!
Other trip Jun 12, 2013
Good2goUSA
"Great hotel location"
The location is excellent expecially if you do not have a rental. Restaurants are on the property and also in walking distance. Very tourist friendly location.
Other trip Jun 5, 2013
Wilma
"Excellent Location"
The hotel has a very good breakfast buffet that we took advantage of everyday. Pelican Bay is located right next to Port Lucaya Marketplace which we enjoyed and across the street from the Grand Lucayan Resort. We paid the $15 to use the facilities at the Grand Lucayan with its beach access because it was $10 to rent a beach chair at the public beach, which is not nearly as nice. The staff was very nice at the Pelican Bay Resort, but we had to ask several times for a new light bulb in our bathroom. The livingroom furniture is in very sad shape, but our beds were comfortable. There is a real need for more lighting in the bedroom, and storage space for clothes is lacking. We loved the Sabor Restaurant which is next to one of the pools on the property. We also had a lovely view of the bay from our room.
5 night trip with friends Apr 29, 2013
"Awful hotel"
I've stayed at the Grand Lucayan before and loved it there. I decided to try Pelican Bay since their website showed nice rooms and seemed to be better quality than the Grand Lucayan. When I arrived, I did not expect my room to be such poor quality... like a 1 or 2 star hotel...I noticed the bathroom was dirty. Hair in the bathtub and floor. I asked to be moved to a different room and the room they offered was of equal if not less quality than the original room i was booked in. The fan was loud and a/c never seemed to shut off. My last day there, the sink next to coffee maker and fridge started bubbling and water began to spill over and flood the room. The odor was unbearable! Overall, the room was horrendous! Dirty, loud and stunk like sewage! I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone!
Other trip Apr 30, 2013