All hotels in Wilmington, North Carolina, United States of America

2 night trip May 24, 2013
Other trip Apr 16, 2013
1 night trip Mar 16, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Travelodge Wilmington

"The worse Manager ever."
08/29/15 MrDreese Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I had made the reservation at approximately 1 p.m. and out of the blue I had a severe accident where I broke my foot, I called the hotel at approximately 4 p.m. to cancel and I was told by the person that was working at the time that they would take care of it, however when I called back to make sure my car was not going to be charged and the manager was there I asked to speak to him, he was rude unprofessional and very non sympathetic due to my situation, I've been on the road for hours, I was very upset and what I really wanted to do is go to Urgent Care at a hospital but when I found out that my credit card was going to be charged even though I explained my situation the manager did not care whatsoever was very very rude to myself and my fiance, both of us or on this dream vacation that turned into a nightmare and we both work in management ourselves so we know what it's like to be employed in this field of operation and how you should treat your customers as number one, I feel that he did not handle this situation to the potential that I know he could have not charged me and let me go to a hospital instead of having to stay in a room and be charged when I tried to cancel, the hotel was semi clean, the hotel guests were very thuggish looking, because they were Mexicans outside staring at my fiance when she was having to load everything up without my help because my foot was broke. I even showed the manager my foot when I arrived to let him know that I actually did break it, he didn't care, now I would like to see how he would handle this situation again. When we asked for a corporate phone number so that we could talk to the appropriate person in regards to this situation that I think was handled unprofessionally and not in manager quality like he did not give us any phone contact and told us that he is the only manager and there is nothing he can do to make our stay more comfy. I was infuriated by the way I was treated, this man acted as though I had no education in the proper manner of how a manager should treat his customer, I will never stay there again. And if you do come up and see this hotel while searching for a place to stay even for just a night that isn't very expensive, believe me you can do a lot better and be treated a lot more respectful way by a manager that knows how to be professional and handle a situation an utgent last minute accident which is out of your control can be handled with much more sympathy, because he was not professiona
"NO WIFI!!!!!!!"
08/23/15 madashell2015 Wilmington, North Carolina
This was the worst hotel experience to date. The smell was terrible, the blankets smelled like they never wash them and to top it off there wasn't any WI-FI. I had to stand outside by the office to get 1+ bars. The next time I book a room anywhere cheap like TRAVELODGE I will take my tablet with me to check out the room before I hand over any money ever again. Just pay $10 to $20 more on a better hotel and you'll never regret it.
"Poor, never to be back"
08/17/15 nefyg Goldsboro NC
Front desk was good , a soon as i open my room door thats when i was disappointed the restroom was dirty smell like mildew and cigarettes I was traveling with my family and we didn't like it at all the next morning we woke up besides my car it was a person sleep on the wheel around that time it was kind of scary there was no security or anything going around looking on the cars or rooms sorry but is not something that I will pay for again
"if you are a non-smoker stay away!"
08/01/15 Christine M Duxbury, Vermont
It's unfortunate that i have to write a bad review because i feel it isn't the owner of the hotel's fault that people don't follow rules and decide to smoke in a non-smoking room. I requested non-smoking but the stench was horrible i had booked the room and no refunds were offered or allowed per the "contract". the furniture is worn and peeling. the table had been carved into by a person in love (ex. amy + dan). the sheets were clean and i didn't see any signs of bedbugs. I can live with a run down place but i cannot tolerate the stench of smoke. I would never go back and i couldn't wait to leave! The air conditioner was dreadfully loud i didn't get a restful nights sleep and kept my head under the sheet in a vain attempt to breath smoke free air.
"Worst-Scariest hotel ever stayed at!"
07/27/15 charlesr29 Paris, Ohio
Wow, worst hotel ever!!! Smelled horrible. A third roll of TP!! Wet floor, carpet?. Scary men partying outside door. Everything seemed sticky. Yuk yuk yuk. Did not sleep at all. NEVER a Travelodge again. Just needed a place close to airport for 5:00 am flight. Will pay more next time no matter what!
"Beach Weekend"
07/25/15 Melissa B Black Mountain, North Carolina
I wasn't expecting turn down service with a mint on my pillow but for a last minute trip.. It serviced its purpose! The Nephews enjoyed themselves at the beach so that's all that really matters!
"Horrible!! Absolutely disgusting!"
07/20/15 T3101FWdonnac Wilmington, North Carolina
So glad you email me this survery..it saved me trouble of finding out how to email and complain!! The pictures provided for this hotel are nothing like what we walked into. The room had an awful smell..the walls has stains all over them the whole room just looked very dirty. We were so thankful that we only booked it for one night because there is no way we would have stayed other wise. But we sucked it up..went to walmart bought air freshers, cleaning wipes, hand sanitizer, and had to buy two pillows and a set of sheets and throw blankets. So on top of paying for the room we also had the added expense of all the supplies it would take for us to just make it through one night. By no way are we the cleanest people in the world but this room was probably worse then some rooms in the prison system. It was very disgusting. The next morning when we were going to get showered and get the nasty room filth off of us, when we went into the bathroom there was yellow liquid coming up through the tub drain. NOOO idea what this was but no way I'm putting my children or myself in that tub now so we had to stand as the sink and wash off. This is the absolute WORST hotel experience I have EVER had! I will never stay nor will I ever recommend Travelodge Hotel to anyone!!!
07/17/15 clcoffey Wilmington, North Carolina
Fantastic stay, great staff, clean rooms you would really be missing out not staying here!!!! It's in a great location to explore all Wilmington has. Very close to downtown and the beaches. Great experience will definetly return. The best part about staying in any hotel is the friendliness from the staff they are very wonderful.
"You Get What You Pay For"
07/08/15 alexbR7677AT Brooklyn, New York
Pretty nasty room - the room reeked of mold, years of cigarette smoke covered over by motel room deodorizer. Dead roach underneath the television. All of our clothes and hair had absorbed this cacophony of foul smells by the morning. Was happy to leave.
"Unsatisfactory"
07/08/15 shawanad2015 Creedmoor, North Carolina
I did not have a good experience with my children and husband. The room smelled horrible, the furniture was in need of repair, the bathroom looked like something out of the Bates Motel. Disgusting carpet and I would have left if I could get my money back. On the last night I saw a roach in the bathroom. We stayed out late each night so that we did not have to be a hotel. The whole entire hotel needs to be remodeled. I will not make any further reservations at the Travelodge Wilmington.