All hotels in South Lake Tahoe, California, United States of America
4127 Pine Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA, 96150, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Would not stay there"
The front desk people were nice. That's about all I can say. I understand old places but dirty I don't understand.
3 night family trip Jun 3, 2015
"Rubicon goers must."
Best value I have experienced in a hotel. The rooms were clean and updated and the breakfast in the next morning was great. Staff was very friendly also allowed me and a friend to park our trucks and trailers for a few days while we ran the Rubicon trail.
1 night trip with friends Jun 3, 2015
Jesse
"You get what you pay for !"
Room smelled of cats, had to sleep with window and door to balcony open, shower went drip,drip,drip all night, Staff moved us to another room for second night and here the ants invaded us. Staff had no one to attend to this matter, not even a can of insect spray was to be had. Staff did offer to move us to another room but we decided to go out and buy a can of insect spray and kill the ants ourselves. I must say that the desk staff was very courteous. It's a new cleaning crew chief that this place needs.
2 night business trip May 30, 2015
"Great place for hikers on a budget"
Good value for money. The room is a bit old but was clean and comfy. Carpet needs changing but I really can't complain because price was very fair. Overall we had a great stay and would definitely go back to the same hotel again.
2 night romance trip May 29, 2015
"not bad"
there are somebody in fron desk in training but not body supervise to she. whend i stop by to check in she send me to wrong area
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
francisco
"Hotel needs TLC"
My fiancée and I stayed recently in order to check out potential wedding venues in the Tahoe region. Our stay was ok, having internet connection and bandwidth was great, the room a tad smaller than anticipated, random sidewall mounted light wasn't too well received, complimentary breakfast was a plus, and overall hotel needs quite a bit of TLC.
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"You get what you pay for? or best available!"
You get what you pay for! In town for a basketball tournament, so most hotels were already full. Hotel is split into 2 sections, divided by the road. Office on one side of the street, and the pool and spa on the other side. Like putting lipstick on a pig... rooms stunk of musky smoke and pets. Beds were fine, but when you walk into a room and immediately check for bed bugs and roaches, you know their are better places to stay (just not this Memorial day weekend) you have to just keep telling yourself that "this will do". Not #1 on the list, but in a pinch it would do. After all, you just need a bed right???
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
Aaron
Beds are comfortable. Simple and Clean. Floors are squeaky. Walking distance to casinos and restaurrants.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Lynette
"Unexpected travel day before conference"
The hotel show signs of wear and tear however the location less than 1/2 mile from Stateline casinos & Edgewood golf course. Staff was friendly & breakfast quite good!
1 night trip May 13, 2015
"run down hotel"
beds were not comfortable, furniture was old and dirty, i wasn't sure the sheets had been washed. looked like someone just straightened them out, awful room and hotel. good breakfast and friendly staff but the hotel was horrible
Other trip May 12, 2015
debbie
"Hard to find"
This hotel was very hard to find. It was only a block to Lake Tahoe which was good and about 3 blocks from the casinos which was bad. While we were there, many people came in late, drunk and very loud. The front desk manager was very nice and the breakfast was okay. We were glad to leave.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
Roy
"Close to casinos"
Nice stay. Close to casinos. Rooms are basic but great prices. Breakfast is worth getting up for. Would stay there again.
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
"nice"
nice stay
1 night trip May 2, 2015
"Pleasant, low-cost stay"
I was looking for a room to work in while my wife was attending a retreat at a nearby resort. The bed and furniture were comfortable, and the room was clean and fresh. There was not much of a view, which was fine for working. My first impression was that the building needed some remodeling, as it appeared to have been built in the 40's or 50's. I was surprised, however, at how quiet the room was with a wedding party staying on the same floor in rooms surrounding me. If I need an inexpensive room in Tahoe again, I will definitely considering staying here again.
2 night trip Apr 24, 2015
Edward E
"Best kept little secret!"
Perfect location, great staff; free parking, wifi and breakfast! We will definitely be returning on a regular basis!
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"Trip to tahoe"
If you are looking for a quiet place to stay not expensive
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
"OUTSTANDING! You must give them a try."
I was in Tahoe on business for an extended project. I was leery of staying at a Rodeway due to their reputation of being a lower end motel but decided to give them a try after reading their reviews. I am so glad I did!! Although they were a bit older the rooms were clean, their towels were soft and of good quality, and their bed was so comfortable!!! The breakfast was very good! I do not care for eggs but my husband said that i should try them and I ended up eating them every day until check out. Whenever I needed anything the front desk made sure it happened immediately. Every employee that I had any contact with was very pleasant and more than accommodating. If you want a microwave or fridge they will bring oneto you at no charge but the biggest plus is they have a fully stocked community kitchen. It has everything you need to prepare a meal except for cookie sheets or cake pans. But it was great! After being there for 5 weeks I was so tired of eating fast food and restaurant prepared food so to make something homemade was like a dream come true. If I were to return to Tahoe I would definitely stay here again! Outstanding!
2 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
Tabitha
Pretty good, can't complain. Breakfast good. Heater worked.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Hayward, Ca
"Dog Friendly not so much.................."
This hotel needs more parking and expect guests around you to sit outside, drink/smoke and make lots of noise, we stayed there with our pets in the off season if thier is one in Lake Tahoe, we have 3 dogs so it cost us another 45 per night so I expected a place for our dogs to potty, there is but it's very small, close to the street with no fence from traffic and there was dog poo everywhere and no one picks it up, no bags for dog poo supplied and we paid $45 per night for what Nothing.
2 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
"Fantastic location, nice room with balcony."
Dena greeted me warmly & quickly checked me in to a very nicely decorated room with very comfortable bed & bedding, big flat screen tv with 100+ channels, table & chairs, mini fridge. It also had a nice balcony with chairs & beautiful views. Cool hot tub area with art deco lighting & the pool has plenty of lounge chairs, tables & umbrellas. Community kitchen was handy for making pizza etc. Manager Mike & everyone on staff is super helpful & genuinely friendly. Great place!
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
Gregory
"Outdated Grime"
The lobby/reception area looks good. As does the outside of the hotel. However once we got into the building across the street from the lobby where our rooms were, it was apparent this was not the stay we expected. Most of the reviews here said this was a great place. I will admit that the staff was very friendly and helpful. But everything else was less than desirable. The carpets are Very old and just look gross. Paint is chipping or worn away all over the place. The doors have grime on them. In one of our rooms the bathroom tile had grout missing all over the place. As stated before its outdated. All of the furniture in the room is old. The televisions aren't quite right. the screens were set on wide or something and couldn't get them set right. This was on the tvs in both our rooms and in the lobby/breakfast room. The bedding also seemed older. The sheets did seem clean, but not the blankets. I read so many reviews on here for this place and I can't help but wonder if they were done by the people who own/work there or if they were paid for. This place isn't great. Yes the price was amazing, and that's why we stayed. We were on a tight budget and we were tired... We will not stay here again!
1 night romance trip Apr 12, 2015
Shilah
"I've stayed before and will stay again."
Perfect location near beach and casinos. Easy and quick walk.
Rob
"Great location."
It was a bit confusing because the other part of the hotel is across the street. Using the hot tube was a challenge walking across the street. Hotel location was great, three blocks from the main strip (walking distance), hotel was away from traffic. Will definitely come back. Breakfast buffet was a plus!
Chucky
"Quick trip"
The hotel was good enough. No frills you got what you paid for. Breakfast was great! Staff was great as well. Only complaint was the thin walls and doors. You could hear people coming and going throughout the night. Price was great since it included breakfast and Wifi.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"New "Best Friend" in So Lake Tahoe"
Great place to stay. Walking distance to casinos and lake. Quiet. Pets (under 25 lbs only) $15 each per stay. Great breakfast. Sara is there to greet you every morning during breakfast (7;30-9:30). She knows everything about So Lake Tahoe. She has free/discounted coupons and can help you plan your stay. She is your new "best friend" I So Lake Tahoe.
4 night romance trip Apr 1, 2015
Nels
"Super close to the casinos"
My wife and I loved or experience at this place. We had our vowel renewal with JB officiating and it was wonderful.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Ernesto
"Happy"
The hotel is on the older side, but in overall good condition. The rooms were clean and presented well. For the price you pay its a good hotel. The breakfast is an added bonus too!
Response by Rodeway Inn Casino Center
Hello Kara, Thank you for completing the online survey about your stay with us. Sounds like you had a nice stay and thats what we like to hear from our guests. Feedback is so valuable to us and we listen to what our customers to saying. Hope you will consider staying with us again so we can show you the same hospitality. Warm Regards, Mike, Mgr.
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
Kara
"OUR STAY"
we were placed across from the laundry room the worker were talking loud which we could hear in our room carts in front of our door. Rooms freezing cold. Never again will I use expedite or stay at Rode Way in
Response by Rodeway Inn Casino Center
Dear Laura, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I am truely sorry for any noise from our staff that work the laundry 11am - approx 4pm. I sure wish you would have let us know and we would have been happy to move you to another room immediately. Our weather has been so nice and warm lately so I hope you were able to enjoy Lake Tahoe while you were here. We value your feedback and had we known you were unhappy or having any problems we would have addressed this right away for you. I hope you would give us another chance to show you a superior stay. Sincerely, Mike, Mgr.
"Nice hotel off the main road."
Loved that the hotel was off the main road. The front office staff were friendly and the room while small was great for a one night stay. The breakfast was a nice selection. I heard a couple people complaining about the lack of meat but it didn't bother me at all and for the price of the hotel the breakfast was better than more expensive hotels I've stayed at. Would definitely stay here again.
Response by Rodeway Inn Casino Center
Dear Angela, Thank you for your nice comments and taking time from your day to complete our online survey. We listen to what our guests are saying and we have tried everything for the breakfast and still... Right now we have eggs, potatoes, sausage, hot/cold cereals, waffles hot off the grill, 3 fruit choices, bagels, toast, 2 muffin choices, peanut butter breakfast bars, juice, coffee, tea, and even non-dairy lattes. We appreciate your business and hope you will consider staying with us again so we can show you a superior stay. Sincerely, Mike, Mgr. Rodeway Inn 530-541-7151
Angela
"Nice Hotel, close to casino."
Room was nice although small. Bathroom was also small. Roof over bed had a leek over right side. Very unpleasant. Could not find a sleep button on the TV remote.
Response by Rodeway Inn Casino Center
Hello Bill, Thank you for taking time to complete our online survey and tell us about your stay. I apologize for the problem in your room. Had we known we would have been more than happy to move you to another room while we addressed the situation. Thanks to you, we have taken care of the problem with the leak. I hope you would consider staying with us again so that we can show you another great stay at Lake Tahoe. SIncerely, Mike, Mgr. Rodeway Inn 530-541-7151
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
"Best hotel experience of my life!"
This hotel is everything it claims; it is simply the best hotel experience I have ever had. First, when we arrived, we were tired and worn out; the night before we had stayed in a dump and gotten very little rest. We were early and I asked if we could check in early; "Not a problem" was the reply. After we got checked in, the clerk gave us a couple health bars to hold us over till dinner. We got a room with a balcony, which was a surprise. Everything in the room worked and the room was clean. There were coupons for local attractions, and access to a kitchen, complete with utensils where we could cook and eat. The room also had a coffee pot and fridge. The Rodeway had all it advertised. The internet worked great and the cable TV was good. We had one issue with the cable, I called the front desk and within minutes a clerk was in the room resolving the cable issue. There was also a working hot tub which was available. The Rodeway delivered what we had paid for. The breakfast was magnificent, tons of food and plenty of space to eat it. Hot eggs, sausage, potatoes, a waffle maker, cereal, fresh fruit, plenty of food to get your day started right. The Rodeway offered plenty to eat. I could go on about the politeness of the working staff, the cheerfulness of the Front Desk clerk, and the general cleanliness of the Rodeway; it is an excellent place to stay. the Rodeway was and is my best hotel experience ever, bar none. Thanx Rodeway for being totally excellent!
3 night romance trip Mar 22, 2015
Carlton
"Its a cool"
Cool place for the price and staff was cool they even have jokes at the front desk the guy is funny. its about 2-5 min walk to to the main parts of south lake Tahoe casino food also you get a free breakfast in the am that's also coo if you are on a low cash flow Overall if you are in Tahoe to party and then go to your room to relax this is the place.
Response by Rodeway Inn Casino Center
Hello OJ, Thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey about your stay with us. We appreciate all feedback from our customers and I share the information with my entire team at our staff meetings so that everyone is on the same page. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon! Sincerely Mike, Mgr.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
OJ Simpson
"A night getaway"
Nice place. Decent rooms. Theses a community kitchen and microwave on each level. A litte off the main road walk in the dark or cold. Summer would be nice. Will definitely come again
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"Good hotel location"
The hotel was in a good location with an adequate room and the morning free breakfast was a great. My only issue with room, was that it had a lingering smell, possible smoking room, otherwise the room was satisfactory for our needs and the cost was good.
Response by Rodeway Inn Casino Center
Hello Mike, Thanks for your taking time to complete the online survey and write a review about your recent stay with us. We are a Non-Smoking property and I sure wish you would have told us right away about any lingering smoke smell and we would have move you to another room immediately. I do apologize for this, I too do not smoke and would smell even a faint odor of smoke. I hope you had a nice time while at Lake Tahoe and we hope to see you again in the future. Sincerely, Mike, Mgr.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"Nice hotel, but noisy"
We've stayed there a couple of times. It's a nice hotel, the room was clean and cozy. The hotel must be popular with younger crowds because both time we stayed, it was very noisy with music and loud partying until past midnight. For that reason, I don't think we would stay there again, despite the overall good rating of the hotel.
Response by Rodeway Inn Casino Center
I would like to apologize for any noisy guests. We didn't have any young crowds so it must have just been people having fun. 10pm we have a right to quiet any one down so I sure wish you would have let us know and we would have been happy to address the situation for you. We appreciate your business and hope you would consider staying with us again and maybe on a week day when the crowds are less. We would love to show you the same hospitality and give you that superior stay you have received in the past. Sincerely, Mike, Mgr.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"Good for the price."
We like this hotel because it is a couple blocks to the casinos, restaurants and Lake Tahoe and not hard on the wallet. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms clean. The front desk personnel have been pleasant and helpful.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Cyndi
"Quick getaway"
Clean place within walking distance of casinos and heavenly gondola.
Response by Rodeway Inn Casino Center
Hello Francisco and thank you for taking time to complete the online survey. Hope you had a nice time skiing and enjoying Lake Tahoe while you here. We appreciate you business and hope to see you again soon! Warm Regards, Mike, Mgr.
1 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
Francisco
"Disappointing stay"
The room was small. Carpet was very dirty. Shower was horrible, very hard to adjust. Called for repair. Problem did not fix.
Response by Rodeway Inn Casino Center
Dear KS, Thank you for taking time to complete the online survey. I do see an incident report that the knob was hard to turn off in the shower, and we had it checked. We have water saving shower heads in all rooms now to help with the drought in our area. Winter is a tough one due to all the snow mud, that is constantly tracked in. Spring April/May we literally take out all beds, furniture, etc. and do a deep cleaning on everything before the summer months and carpet is big on the list. We do apologize for failing to meet your expectations and your feedback is important to us. Hope you will consider giving us another chance and let us show you a superior stay. Sincerely, Mike, Mgr.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
KS
"tahoe getaway"
It was a pleasant stay. GOod breakfast nice view of the mountains will stay again.
Response by Rodeway Inn Casino Center
Hello Tito, Thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey and tell us about your stay. Lake Tahoe is truly a beautiful location and so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Summer is so very different here and if you liked the view during the winter you should see how spectacular it looks in the summer, just breath taking. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon! Warm Regards, Mike, Mgr.
1 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
Tito
"Great Deal"
Booked through Expedia so had to do nothing at checkin or out. Upgraded for free to King, with bathtub and balcony with door where you could sit outside. Nice. The breakfast were also free and AWESOME. Buffet style with hot eggs, potatoes, sausage, cereal fruit, waffles, the Works. I would stay here again.
Response by Rodeway Inn Casino Center
Dear Dina, Thanks for taking time to complete the survey about your recent stay with us and your nice comments. We value customer feedback and so appreciate you business. Hope you had a wonderful time while you were at Lake Tahoe and we hope to see you again in the near future. Warm Regards, Mike, Mgr. Rodeway Inn
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Dina
"Room floor!"
Me and my family loved to stay here.We've tried staying other places but nothing bit this place (for us) esp.thier breakfast;-),the reason why i gave a 3 stars is because the floor is so dirty and nobody came to clean our room;-( (probably they forgot) ...Floor needs to be steam clean atleast! But despite of this experience we still want to come back and stay here and give a 2nd chance. Lady at the front Desk is very friendly as well as the lady in the dining area.
Response by Rodeway Inn Casino Center
Thank you for your feedback and writing a nice review. Winter time is a bear for us and right before summer hits they clean all the carpets and then end of summer they clean again before the winter. This winter we had snow, then rain, then little snow but with a lot of dirt. So I do apologize
2 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
"great location! decent hotel"
great location! couldn't ask for better. the room is a little small and dated, but was clean and comfortable. it seemed to be a full house, but you wouldn't be able to tell as it was very quiet. the toiletries were awesome! organic!!
Response by Rodeway Inn Casino Center
Hello Dori Your feedback is much appreciated and you put smiles on faces at our staff meeting. It is a continuing effort and we set our goals high and when we are recognized for a good job it is so nice. A new company is providing our toiletries and we have had little feedback as of yet so thanks for sharing. Hope you had a great time while at Lake Tahoe and we hope to see you again! Sincerely, Mike, Mgr
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
dori
It was a convenient location to where we had to go. Close to food places and Harvey's/Harrahs casinos. Very pleasant staff. Room was not completely made up, we had to ask for the soap and shampoo. Rooms are okay to stay overnight in, but not for an extended stay.
Response by Rodeway Inn Casino Center
Thank you for feedback and taking time from your day to complete the online survey about your stay with us. I do apologize for toiletries not in room at check in. I can assure you that all comments are shared with my team and addressed. Sounds like you had a nice time while you were here and hope you would consider staying with us again on your next visit to Lake Tahoe. Warm Regards, Mike, Mgr.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"Good breakfast, bad bed."
The breakfast was great. The beds could be more comfortable. The location can't be beat.
Response by Rodeway Inn Casino Center
Thanks for taking time to complete the online survey about your stay with us. Glad you enjoyed breakfast. Sounds like you had a nice time while you were here and that's what we like to hear back from our guests. I have also checked into the room and had someone check the bed to see if we need to have it replaced. Thank you for letting us know and hope to see you on your next visit to Lake Tahoe. Warm Regards, Mike..Mgr.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
me
"fun trip"
Great service. Very clean. Just what we needed!
Response by Rodeway Inn Casino Center
Thanks for taking the time to complete the survey about your stay with us. Sounds like you had just that a "Fun Trip". Your feedback is so important and your nice comments are greatly appreciated by my entire team. Hope you will consider staying with us again soon! Sincerely, Mike..Mgr
2 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
nice, clean room, room was kind of small but was ok. There was a lot of noise outside at night.
Response by Rodeway Inn Casino Center
Dear Linda, Thank your for taking time to complete the online survey about your recent stay with us. I apologize for any noisy guests outside as a rule it is pretty quiet around here. I too am a light sleeper so I understand completely. Hope you had a nice time while you were at Lake Tahoe and we hope you will consider staying with us again soon! Mike, Mgr.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
It was amazing. Everyone was helpful and friendly. The hotel is near walking distance to the stores.
Response by Rodeway Inn Casino Center
Thank you for completing the online survey about your stay with us. You put smile on my employees faces at our staff meeting this morning. So on behalf of my entire team we thank you for the nice comments. Hope you had a wonderful time and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Sincerely, Mike, Mgr.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
"Friendly, basic and cheap"
We stayed in Rodeway Inn (RI) and Americas Best Value Inn (ABVI), and here is a comparison. Both are located next to each other and offer good deals. Both have small rooms that were probably built by the same overall plan. Stuff is nice and friendly in both. Both would do nicely with a lot of updates and re-painting. RI has an incomparably better breakfast, both food and the room. In ABVI we had a fridge and a microwave, in RI getting them costs $15 per night extra. We had a minor pricing dispute in RI, which RI resolved in our favor. If I go back I'd prefer RI because of better food and positive dispute resolution, otherwise the two are equivalent.
Response by Rodeway Inn Casino Center
Thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey and write a review. You are right that most of the buildings in this area are pretty close to scale. We are constantly working on everything here at the Rodeway Inn from A to Z and we are working towards a goal of a better property at all times. We have made many changes since we acquired the hotel and really appreciate customer feedback. Hope you had a great time at Lake Tahoe and we look forward to seeing you again sometime. Warm Regards, Mike, Mgr
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"It is really good for that price"
It is good for that price
Response by Rodeway Inn Casino Center
Hello Rajendram, Thanks for completing the online survey about your stay with us. We appreciate your business and hope you would consider staying with us again soon! Warm Regards, Mike, Mgr.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
Rajendram
"Awesome stay"
Awesome staff! The folk that works at night is very attentive and goes above and beyond to accomodate us! He even dragged a fridge and a microwave in the middle of the night, because I put in a late request! If there is anything I need during my stay I can rely in the attentiveness service from this hotel!!! Always a pleasure
Response by Rodeway Inn Casino Center
Hello Alesandra, Thank you so much for the nice review and taking the time to complete the online survey about your stay. We value your feedback and my staff thanks you the nice comments. Sounds like you had a nice time while you were here and we love to hear that from our customers. We appreciate you business and hope you will consider staying with us again soon! Sincerely, Mike, Mgr
2 night family trip Feb 20, 2015