All hotels in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here21 Old Mill Rd, Toronto, ON, M8X1G5, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Lovely hotel on the banks of the Humber"
We stayed at The Old Mill for one night last week while visiting family. The place has been known for its wedding and event facilities for ever, but the hotel element is only about thirteen years old. Service was excellent, the room was fine with a nice view of the valley, and the turn-down service was a lovely little extra, complete with chocolates on the pillows. Continental breakfast was included and it was more than we neede. Again, the service was old-school --unobtrusive and very attentive. We'll definitely go back when we have reason to visit T.O. Bonus, the Old Mill subway station is just steps away.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
Joanie
"Cozy Comfort in the Traditional Style."
Only stayed in hotel overnight - approx 10 p.m. - 10:30 next morning. Room neat/clean/breakfast had plenty of choices/dining room staff very pleasant and attentive. Any staff encountered in hotel was in good spirits and helpful. Grounds very attractive and in spring/summer would be beautiful. Short subway ride to city center. Great shopping area (Bloor West Village) a ten minute walk from hotel.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Mildred
"Great hotel."
Lovely room, great amenities. Slight issue at the end where we were charged an extra $12 room servicing per day for two days without having had staff do any servicing for those two days.
2 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
Excellent........quiet, friendly staff
2 night romance trip Oct 29, 2014
Derek
"Very nice hotel, super breakfast"
This is a very nice hotel in walking distance to a beautiful park where one can walk along the Humber river. Also close to the subway and all kinds of shops and restaurants. Had the bed been a bit bigger, I would have given it an excellent overall rating. It was just a double bed and I was told that if we wanted a queen bed, there would be an extra charge per night. I didn't even think there would be a bed smaller than a queen, I've been in cheaper hotels/motels where there were 2 queen beds or a king, for a lower price. The breakfast included in the price exceeded our expectations, smoked salmon, all kinds of cheeses and pastries, fruit, etc. The staff was also very nice. I would definitely recommend this hotel to those who want a nice place to stay in Toronto.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"The location was just what I needed."
It was a nice room and the meeting place was right there at your hotel. It could not have better. My room was quiet and very comfy and very clean. The staff was very helpful and met all my needs. I would recommend it anytime.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Joyce
"Lovely hotel"
The Old Mill is clearly the kind of hotel people choose for weddings and conferences and like many of these places can feel a little soulless, especially since the large hotel was clearly not full for the night we stayed. The room was comfortable, if a little small, and everything was spotless. Breakfast was really good with excellent service, and a lovely location next to the courtyard. Since the restaurant was closed, we ate in the bar for our evening meal which was a little cramped, but the food was delicious.
1 night trip Oct 6, 2014
JP
"Somerset Four"
Rooms are comfy and quite, staffs friendly, great location, save lots taxi fares to central, very near to subway but no train noise heard from room, nearby river and park walk, good place to stay.
1 night trip Oct 8, 2014
"Anniversary Getaway"
The Old Mill was a lovely inn to getaway to for my anniversary with my wive. It proved to be a unique weekend, thank you to the team at the Old Mill.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
"Beautiful"
Excellent place to stay, wonderful environment, very clean and very friendly. Very strongly recommend this place if you've never been.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
"Quaint & Charming"
Very unique facility, location was great an easy commute from the Airport and very close to downtown business sector on Bloor street.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
"Nice contrast to the concrete towers downtown"
Great stay with an upgraded room. Super friendly staff and quiet, comfortable room. Free parking and a good breakfast buffet.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
"The Old Mill"
The stay was great, perhaps too short. There is nothing to complain about. Great folks, nice ambiance and excellent food. Who says location, location, location. I say, all of the above. But please do not expand it any more. You will loose the old English charm.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
"night before the wedding"
The staff was great - very accommodating to what we needed. Hotel location was perfect for us - as we needed to be in the West End of Toronto. We booked 2 nights (1 before our wedding and the other night after). Great customer service and Vaz made sure to simplify the details. Thank you for such great care. Only eye sore was that there is construction on the street in front of the lobby, otherwise, the neighbourhood is a very 'green'. So once the construction is done, pictures taken from any angle will be beautiful.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
AnnaES
"Hotel"
very charming, good staff, great location. A boutique hotel
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
Fred
"Great stay, just didn't like their pillows"
Excellent staff, excellent service, beautiful grounds, beautiful room, etc. My one complaint was the pillows. King size bed and I expected the multiple pillows on it to be different levels of firmness/fluffiness but it seemed they were all the same. My partner and I couldn't find one that was comfortable and kept waking up throughout the night. I'm surprised there weren't extra pillows in the closet. I would still recommend this hotel to friends and family looking for a romantic getaway! Just test the pillows!
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
Anonymous
"Wheelchair bound."
ll went well as a staff member wheeled myself and my mother-in-law through the kitchen and back corridors to get us to where we needed to be. The attention in the reception hall was just as great as we transferred onto the dining room chairs. A staff member parked our wheelchairs to the side and brought them to us as needed. All of that made our stay enjoyable and stress free. Thank you.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
Dennis
"Our accommodation was great!"
The landscaping was beautiful and the gardens lush. The breakfast was more than adequate and the dining room and service pleasant. The only drawback was the street construction, which made it difficult to access the entrance especially at night. Overall it was a satisfying experience.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
muriel
"In a quiet spot near the subway"
The only drawback is that the opening times for the bar and bar snacks is a trifle odd as you can't get any food before 2 pm unless you use room service. Also the restaurant doesn't open on Mondays, even in the height of the season
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
Dick
"Nice historical worth to wander around"
I had one night standing, but overall, it kept my satisfaction how I had asked staff to adjust my room
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Beautiful hotel with great ataff"
Everyone in this hotel is really pleased to help, Have no problem chatting with you and genuinely seen happy to have you staying there. Rooms are presented wonderfully, food is outstanding and the bar is excellent. You must stay here :)
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Henry
"Good hotel, not good value for the price"
We read online about their restaurant, pancakes and sauces, however our included breakfast was a cold buffet (there was a Black & Decker toaster...). No eggs, bacon, potatoes (no anything cooked actually), the juice was an orange cocktail, not fresh, the coffee was very ordinary filter. That was the biggest disappointment. The property is nice and well situated, but very small (takes about 2 minutes to take the full tour) and not anywhere near as charming as touted online (by their own site and some reviews). Cheap plastic chairs outside, the chapel garden was very underwhelming. We had a free upgrade from double bed to queen, which was nice, but even with that the room was nothing to write home about (actually, would have been pretty horrible with a smaller bed for what we paid). The therapeutic bath is actually a 1.5 person low-end whirlpool (with very few jets and a LOUD motor); not too sure about the usefulness of the 1.5 baths, we cannot fit two at the same time anywhere near comfortably. The room had almost no lighting, a tiny one bulb ceiling light in a corner, two bed-side table lamps. The pens (yes, plural, I trashed two during) I used to write the feedback were the cheapest I've used in decades (obviously this is irrelevant to the hotel experience, but we were already a bit disappointed with our stay and that took that cake!). At $150 a night, good value. At $300 for a double bed (thank God for Expedia's $200 deal and free upgrade to Queen), much overpriced!
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Great spot for a wedding"
Fantastic stay, food, rooms, wedding. Parking lot not a great set up but overall fantastic stay.
"great stay"
The staff is great and more then helpful. Rooms are clean.
1 night business trip Jul 28, 2014
We attended a wedding at the Old Mill. What a great venue for a small to medium size wedding in the beautiful chapel. Staying at the Old Mill made the experience even better.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
"Tired hotel"
We had a nice stay at the old mill. We did find however that the restaurant staff were in need of retraining. It took five different members of staff to sit us at a table. After ordering a bottle of sparking wine, the waiter kept holding it to the light to ensure we had finished it before serving our desserts (our choice surely!). We were also chased up the corridor after our meal to verify our room number after signing the bill and spoken to in a very rude manner. We found the service bizzare especially given Canada'a service culture which has been great in general. Rooms were nice but the bath needed upgrading . It was scratched and this but me off using it.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
travelling miss
"Falls short of its potential because of service."
Very nice facility and location, but short on basic services. We stayed on the 3rd floor for 3 nights in early July 2014. We had booked a room with 1 bed and 1 pull-out. Although this was clearly marked on the reservation, they did not make up the pull-out for our daughter. We had to call down at 10pm for bedding and to have the bed made up. The next day we left at 11am and were back at 6:15pm. Upon our return, neither door keys worked so we headed back to the front desk to have our keys recoded. Once inside our room we find it was never cleaned. My 13 year old daughter calls to report this and some guy at the front desk tells her it's just because they haven't had a chance to get to it yet... at 6:15 pm! After waiting more than 15 minutes for them to "get to it" I have to call and expedite their efforts. They arrive within 10 minutes and clean the room while we wait outside - offering no apology. The next morning, on our return from breakfast, my room key doesn't work - surprise! But my wife's did so we left for the day. When we returned that evening, of course, my wife's key no longer worked. We return to the front desk again only for them to try to give us the same keys back recoded. I refused those and made them recode new ones. On a high note, the continental breakfast was very nice. On a low note, the one mold covered strawberry was not - I am not sure how they could have missed that. They just need to step-up their basic services to become a very nice hotel.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
"Perfect base to explore Toronto"
Perfect for discerning travellers, away from the noise and bustle of the high-rise downtown hotels, just a 2-minute walk from Old Mill subway station and access to all the city via Toronto's excellent public transport system. Quiet, well-appointed rooms with all the necessary amenities and helpful, friendly staff.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"A nice location located downtown TO"
It was amazing, a beautiful hotel. Was there for only one night, wish it was a lot more. Took some time to walk around and take in the amazing surroundings of the old building. The food in the restaurant was also very yummy.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Inclined more for wedding parties than tourists"
Very Expensive had booked for six nights...A room upgrade was offered before seeing the one allocated, we did actually upgrade at 50 dollars per night having seen the original room which had what looked like toilet window glass in the main window! Based on three different accommodations whilst visiting Canada, this is the one we would not use again.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Charming inn."
I stayed for 3 nights for a wedding. The standard room was very comfortable. The Inn was an easy walk to great shopping and just 2 minutes to a beautiful park by the Humber River. The continental breakfast had lots of variety and the Sunday brunch was amazing. I would certainly return.
Other trip May 25, 2014
Jan
"Wow...?"
In the welcome book, Hotel President Michael Kalmar goes on about delivering the 'Wow' impression at the Old Mill...and deliver they did. Showed up at 3:00, room wasn't ready, but guaranteed by 4:00. I thought 'WOW', that's disappointing… told to go for a walk and they would call when the room became available. 4:00, no call so back to the front desk where a new crew was on and calmly checked us in. "What happened to the phone call?". The reply "All our rooms LITERALLY just became available 5 minutes ago"....and I thought, "WOW", they must LITERALLY have 20 room cleaning staff that simultaneously stepped out of 20 rooms and stated "ready!". Whatever, 4:00 is their guarantee and by golly they just made it. We were hungry...and though we knew they had a huge buffet on Sunday nights we knew up front we were not interested...so earlier checked online and saw that they had a pretty good pub menu. "Where's the pub?" I asked. "Right around the corner sir, but there is a private function booked until 7 PM". I thought "WOW", for the right price I guess they don't mind inconveniencing their paying guests. Directed to some pubs about a dozen blocks away...so off for a walk. Old Mill pub around 7:00, had a pleasant cheese tray and a glass of wine. Back to the room,and thought WOW, it is hot and stuffy in here. Turned the thermostat down as far as I could and heard the satisfying whir of the fans..but 'Wow', it made no difference, a sauna for the night. Not impressed
Other trip May 6, 2014
"romantic getaway"
Room was smaller than expected. Room style was old.staff was awesome. Willing to help with extra candles, cutlery, towels and soap. Price of room very expensive compare to location and room size
1 night romance trip May 2, 2014
riz
"A marvelous evening"
The hotel was beautiful. We ordered room service and the food was very tasty - as good as out in a nice restaurant. The room was clean as was the bathroom. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept on in a hotel. I would highly recommend the hotel. Next time I would like to try the spa (it was closed during our stay).
1 night trip Apr 21, 2014
JF
"Cozy escape"
Stayed Easter weekend in a king sized room. Very well furnished with huge bathroom with jet tub for two. Had a fantastic meal in their dining room. Continental breakfast included- best continental we've had to date.
1 night trip Apr 18, 2014
Lisa Barker
"the hotel is stunning and smells great"
However, to get from one end of the hotel to the other is not an easy task. We were guests at a wedding and many guests complained that getting from the lobby to the ballroom was ridiculous. Also, if you book a king suite with a pull-out sofa and assume that your kids can sleep on the pull-out sofa, you couldn't be more wrong. the pull-out is a single. one of my kids had to sleep on the floor
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
"Nice hotel in South West Toronto"
The hotel has Old World charm right in the middle of the city of Toronto. It is beautiful inside and out. The rooms are large with gas fireplaces. The breakfast room is nice and bright with large windows.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
Jan
"Great change from the usual chains"
Great hotel. Beautiful room. Pleasant staff. A little out of the centre of the city (you need a car), but free parking, internet access and great buffet breakfast included. Really enjoyed my stay.
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
SP
"Great change from the usual chains"
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
SP
"Guys bring your loved one here!!!!!!"
Our stay was just superb!!!!!! Guys (young & old) bring your loved one here for an amazing stay. Our room was perfect I had rose pettles on the bed as we came in on our first day and a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and we both had a great massage on the Saturday. And a lovely dinner that night. I highly recommend the lamb it was heavenly. On Sunday afternoon I had the Gentlemen's Hot Towel Facial which was a my very first facial and it was simply heaven the hot towel was great I just wished that if she can keep the towel on for at least 40-45 min but still I was great. All the staff throughout the Inn were amazing very polite and helpful and if you had a problem they fixed it ASAP for you. So in closing if you want a great getaway I highly recommend it and if it was in the spring and summer I'm sure it would be even better because of the outdoor gardens would be spectacular and you could take a nice walk up and down the Humber river were the Old Mill sits on. You can bet that we will be coming and staying there again and again. THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO THE OLD MILL STAFF! Our stay was perfect.
3 night romance trip Feb 28, 2014
Monica Schiele & Jeff Motrich
"Gotta love it..."
From the moment I called The Old Mill to enquire about reserving a room to the time I left( did not want to) I was treated royally by ALL the staff. Thank you for making my stay unforgettable!
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
"valentines date night"
amazing. beautiful Inn, stunning architecture, very friendly staff, delicious food, elegant rooms and everything was perfect. Asked hotel staff both a bathroom kit and it was delivered within 5 mins. 100% recommend for any couple on a special night
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"Great Place to Stay"
Our stay at the Old Mill Toronto exceeded our expectations in many ways.. If you want to use the Old Mill Spa, you will need to book an appointment 2 to 3 weeks in advance. We did not know this and were unable to get in during our 4 day stay... This was very disappointing because I hear it is a great Spa.
Other trip Feb 19, 2014
Rory
Absolutely beautiful hotel. Service was amazing. Everyone was extremely nice I really just don't have a single complaint on either cleanliness or there overall service my stays was simply great. Will definitely be returning.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"Friendly Hotel in the Big City"
Great place to stay if you want a very different experince in the city. Quiet residential area close to Bloor Vilage West.
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
"Fabulous bath and comfortable room"
We wanted a hotel a little away from Downtown and a bit more personal than the big Hiltonesque places to stay and we weren't disappointed. Hotel as it is reported on its website only minor downside is it is a fair way away from downtown but right next to Subway station .....
2 night romance trip Jan 15, 2014
Delightful dee
"Romantic getaway"
The whole experience was excellent. My girlfriend and I haven't had much quality time recently and the hotel lent itself very well to this. The staff were very helpful, the condition of the room was excellent. In fact, the only thing that let it down was the weather, which wasn't fabulous, but in mid Janruary, what can you expect.. Would thoroughly recommend this hotel to any one.
2 night romance trip Jan 11, 2014
Couple
"Confortable"
Did not like the fact that the phone number on the website to book a room was not the direct number to the hotel. The booking service was not efficient took almost 1/2 hour to book two rooms.
1 night business trip Jan 6, 2014
"Ideal hotel for visiting Toronto"
We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. This hotel is ideal for visiting Toronto as a subway station is only a five minute walk away which takes you to the heart of Toronto. We picked this hotel after reading reviews and we were not disappointed. The price includes car parking, wifi and breakfast which worked out to be a considerable saving on downtown prices as car parking alone was costing $30 a night. The hotel tends to be busy on weekends and it can be difficult to get into the bar. If you hate Jazz this hotel is not for you as it is played as background music everywhere. Finally the Sunday brunch is fantastic and we'll worth a visit.
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
BJ
"Spot on."
I am always wary about reading hotel reviews, one bad one can really dent 100 good ones for me. Generally, the Old Mill has positive reviews and I am glad I took the plunge. Location is great; neighbourhood is scenic and safe, and the hotel it's self is picture-postcard stuff. Rooms are well-appointed, maintained and comfortable. Complimentary turned down bed covers and chocolates on the pillow and a relaxed feel to the room (with a local Jazz station on the radio) help to prepare for bed. Also, the Old Mill TTC Subway station is very close by (about 5 minutes walk). Generally quiet, though there is some construction work across the road - but these luxury apartments seem close to completion. In short, an upmarket feel, and high-class hotel for not much more than a slightly down-trodden downtown one.
Other trip Nov 2, 2013