All hotels in Santa Maria, California, United States of America
1514 S Broadway, Santa Maria, CA, 93454, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

"A higher end at the motel level, Clean & Basic"
A good place to sleep in compare to other motels. Clean, Friendly staff. Free basic breakfast.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"Weekend Getaway"
We were very pleased with the newly remodeled room. Clean and fresh. There were some signs of wear and tear and I hope they keep up with repairs (ironing board hanger was pulled from the wall and hanging by one screw). Breakfast is sufficient (diy waffles, muffins, cereal, coffee and juice). The neighborhood was perhaps a little less than desirable, but lots of access to shops and restaurants nearby.
2 night trip Jun 12, 2014
"sticky floor"
Sticky floor, poor air circulation. rooms and outer wall stucco needs repair, patio furniture needs replacement. The place should be entirely remodeled.
1 night trip Jun 11, 2014
Bruggy
"Don't book there"
Our stay was horrible! This Motel is so noisy! People running up and down the halls. People laughing & screaming all around the Hotel. People in Pool Late at night. We were in a downstairs unit, the people above us every time they walked or moved chairs or just talked we could hear them. The walls are very thin. We complained but the man at the counter did not seem to care, he just said well that the only room we have. If you want to go somewhere to relax and sleep don't pick this Hotel.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
Rea
"Great Service"
Nice location, although hotel rooms need some finish work, but it was clean.
3 night family trip May 31, 2014
Very comfortable room, nice jacuzzi and great breakfast!
Response by Travelodge Santa Maria
Thank you for your review! We appreciate you! Thank you for choosing the Travelodge in Santa Maria! We hope to see you soon!
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
The hotel was great. Beds were comfy, room was spacious. Staff was very friendly. The pool and hot tub were open and nice. Our only complaint was breakfast. It was so,so, the waffles didn't cook completely, not much of a protein source, and the person working the front desk was also responsible for the breakfast area. Not a problem I guess except when things ran out you had to get him. No interaction with guest because he was taking care of hotel business. Otherwise we really enjoyed the hotel and would recommend it. Would also stay again if ever in the area.
1 night trip Jun 3, 2014
Maria
WE ENJOYED OUR STAY SO MUCH.. WE WERE VERY SURPRISED WHEN WE OPENED THE DOOR OF OUR ROOM, AND SAW HOW BEAUTIFUL IT WAS.. WE HAD EVERY CONVENIENCE WE NEEDED. HAD A GREAT NIGHTS SLEEP, AND BREAKFAST WAS GREAT..CAN'T SAY ENOUGH .. THUMBS UP.. GIVE IT A (5)
1 night trip Jun 1, 2014
CAROL
"Neat, clean, with beautiful grounds"
Great stop on our road trip. I typically stay in places rated much higher for business, yet our entire family was very pleasantly surprised with this property. The grounds are beautiful and manicured. The kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub. If I ever find myself in town again I will definitely stay here.
Response by Travelodge Santa Maria
Thank you for your great review! We appreciate the positive feedback! As you mentioned our heated pool and jacuzzi are surrounded by a large courtyard filled with palm trees and tropical flowers, where we are also building a new breakfast area addition! We would love for you to see our new renovations! Hope to see you again soon! Thank you for choosing the Travelodge in Santa Maria!
Other trip May 25, 2014
SMS
"Not totally bad!"
Total experience was good. The neighborhood leaved something to be desired. Also the headboards needed to be screwed down to the wall better. They clanged against the wall every time you moved. The curtains didn't stay closed all the way. But on the good side the bed was comfortable and the noise during the night was minimal. Breakfast needed help not enough protein.
3 night trip May 20, 2014
Catherine Childs
"Had Some Trouble..."
I had trouble with the next door neighbor at 4:00 in the morning, being very loud. When I complained, the manager said he would take care of it. The neighbor quieted down when I confronted them so the manager heard nothing when he went to their door to listen. When he returned to the office to call me he stated that he heard nothing so I explained that I had the confrontation already and they must have quieted down. He kept reiterating that he heard nothing so I kept getting the feeling he didn't believe me or, at best, didn't know how to respond, professionally. What I expected him to do was to ring their room and inform them of the complaint so that they were on notice and give them the opportunity to stay quiet. That was not done. Thankfully, they stayed quiet, but not because of the manager!
Other trip May 11, 2014
Clean and newly remodeled! Pool was freezing. Pretty grounds area. Free breakfast was lacking foods with protein. Room was nice with fridge and microwave. Recommend 2nd floor room. But they cleaned the room every day which was nice!
3 night trip Apr 30, 2014
Katie
Clean room, helpful staff, great price, and comfy beds
Response by Travelodge Santa Maria
Thank you for such a great review! We appreciate your positive feedback! We hope to see you again, Thank you for choosing the Travelodge in Santa Maria!
Other trip May 2, 2014
"Good for a short stay"
This hotel will be a pretty good option if you are looking for a budget hotel for a short visit (day or two) in Santa Maria. We were a group of 4 and we crashed in for a night. I found the staff very polite and co-operative (especially unlike the Holiday Inn at Ventura we stayed the night before). Rooms are well maintained, much better than one would expect for the cost. Nothing much to write about the breakfast. Overall, its a very satisfying stay and I know where I will stay if I ever visit Santa Maria again!!
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
Varun
"Unconcerned manager"
I left the card from my camera in my room when I checked out. I called a few hours later when I realized I had left it. I was told they found it. I have given them my address 3 times and made 4 calls. They have not sent it to me. I keep being told that they need to check with the manager. This is horrible customer service. The hotel was fine, but the manager does not seem to care about his customers. I can stay elsewhere next time I'm in the area.
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
G.R.
"Nice Inn"
We stayed here overnight with family & friends, pleased with the overall experience with this hotel. Good room, trees, swimming pool, breakfast.. no complaints..Recommended.
1 night trip Apr 18, 2014
Dhiren Shah
"Stay at San ta Maria Travelodge"
Its was good and comfortable
1 night trip Apr 18, 2014
Mehta
"close to Pismo Beach"
The hotel needs a upgrade for the price I paid.
1 night trip Apr 15, 2014
"Had to leave"
Our room wasn't ready by 4pm and the front office staff was rude and offensive. She wanted to upcharge us (putting us in a room that was ready) for their mistake. When I said that I would contact Expedia she said they couldn't help us and she did not care anyway. We found another hotel Quality Inn down the road. We had our employee's stay here before and they had a good experience, but we did not.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"Functional accommodations."
We chose to stay in this area on our late drive from Sacramento to Santa Barbara. This got us within a short drive of our destination event the next morning. At our late-night check-in we were pleased to receive a suite (king bed, sofa bed, plus queen in separate room) instead of a standard 2-queen room. This worked well for the two adults and three teenagers in our family. The facilities were functional - "trying" to be nicer (e.g., crown molding), but still dated and somewhat cheap feeling (almost dingy) at its core. The courtyard lawn was neatly kept, but the plain concrete outdoor hallways were stained and cracked. There was some litter strewn about the parking lot. The room seemed clean enough except for a lot of grit/dust around the doorway floor (had to wipe it down with a towel), and some empty single-serve wine bottles (better than beer or hard liquor, I suppose) left behind. The fridge did not work. TV was a widescreen flat panel, but programming was in standard def. The metal bed box could be loud if hit. The bathroom window (needed for ventilation) opened to adjacent parking spots (not private). Location was convenient to functional shopping and dining.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
S
"Best Travelodge!"
We were pleasantly surprised with the layout of the hotel, the cleanliness of the room, the niceness of the room with hardwood floors, and the spaciousness for 4 adults.
1 night trip with friends Apr 11, 2014
"Won't stay again"
We stayed four nights. On arrival, the room we were given hadn't been cleaned by housekeeping. Bed wasn't made, dirty towels in the bathroom trash everywhere. We go back down to the Lobby and get a new key. They were nice enough to upgrade us to what I believe is a one bedroom suite. That room was cleaned. The remote control to the TV wasn't working. The next day a nice man programmed it for us as they are switching everything to universal remotes. Problem is the next day the remote stopped working again. They key cards had to be magnetized practically every day. We would go to use them and they wouldn't work. Got pretty annoying when you stayed four nights. The rooms are old and the walls are thin so you could hear every conversation from your neighbors. The location is in an OK area not bad but not a good area. The balcony right outside our room looked like at any moment it could fall down, the room was old and anytime something broke you could tell they fixed it the cheapest way possible not carrying how it looked. It was cheap yes, but I think I will pay a little more next time at stay elsewhere
4 night family trip Apr 11, 2014
Nikki
My daughter and her 2 friends and I stayed here on our way to UCSanta Barbara. It was just right - clean, comfortable, beautiful flowers on the grounds and breakfast - waffles - just as they had described.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
"Convenient location"
We enjoyed the room . Very comfortable.Close to affordable restaurants and our room was very quiet.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
Bill W
"Nice and clean"
Nice, clean and very well maintained
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
"We'll worth the stay"
This place was great, from the staff to the room, definitely would stay again.
3 night trip Mar 27, 2014
Buddy
"Great Rooms"
The room was great. The bed was nice and soft. There was plenty of room to get around and it was easy to feel at home. It was close to tons of restaurants and was in the center of town. It is a nice vacation spot.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Jeremy
"Staff is Rude"
Everyone who works here seems to always been in. Bad mood. From the front desk staff, to the maids, everyone was either rude, or felt bothered by me. I will not be back.
2 night business trip Mar 15, 2014
Denise
"Great Location!"
Our room was clean, spacious and nicely laid out. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The location was close to shopping & restaurants plus the medical clinic needed. Breakfast was a plus with make your own waffles and a variety of fresh fruit, breads, pastries and coffee. This was our second stay and we will stay here again before anyplace else in Santa Maria!
1 night trip Mar 11, 2014
LauraBelle
"clean and efficient"
Clean, the hotel has a nice 60's vibe. Nice sized room and nice garden feel. Unfortunately the ice machine seemed to be broken for what appeared to be about three weeks and the stag seemed surprised. The front desk man at check in was happy and helpful. Breakfast was pretty good with friendly guests. I would stay again.
1 night trip Mar 7, 2014
wallywantsfun
"Love the new Renovations"
Room was clean, and I especially loved the hardwood floors. Nice high end TV and bathroom was beautiful. Will definitely stay here again soon!
7 night trip Mar 3, 2014
"Sainta Maria Visit 2014"
We were there to visit my daughter who stayed at your hotel and my Granddaughter with her children who live in Santa Maria for my daughters Birthday, My little grandson was running around barefooted as little ones do and his feet were black when we put his shoes back on. there was a chripping criket in my bathroom and when we found him he went swiming in the tolit. The staff were wonderful. The nose level was not the greatest since you could hear ever time someone walked above you,..and the ice machine did not work,
2 night trip Mar 7, 2014
Bonnie
"good for santa maria not for SLO"
Good accommodation for a reasonable rate.
2 night trip Mar 7, 2014
Edward
Price was great for a suite. Room was okay but looked old. It was clean. Beds very uncomfortable. Also no pillows for sleeper sofa. Overall ok. Breakfast was great.
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2014
"convenient location"
The deadbolt was not installed and the maid kept opening our door without waiting. The heater did not work in the bathroom, The office tried calling our room but the phone cord was broken and the phone did not work. The breakfast food was good and plentiful and the front desk girl was pleasant and friendly.
2 night romance trip Feb 28, 2014
"bad desk clerk"
We arrived and one of our rooms was not ready so we waited for it to be cleaned. We arrived after 4pm. We had vehicle problems on the way in and put our car in the shop upon arriving. The last day I asked for a later checkout and the rude clerk at the desk said he would give me an extra hour however he called the room at checkout time and demanded we get out immediately from both rooms we had. We had to sit in the lobby with all 5 kids and everything we had until the Ford dealership could get the shuttle to pick us up. The desk clerk accused me of stealing 2 washrags and a hand towel which really ticked me off because we had taken nothing from this hotel and why would I want cheap towels. I will think twice before staying at another travel lodge - we ended up going to the Quality Inn in Santa Maria and staying there until our vehicle was finished. It was much nicer and the staff was much friendlier.
3 night trip Feb 22, 2014
Melodie
"Good Value Well Maintained Property"
Very good value. Courtyard designed with pool and gardens in center. Rooms are very clean, with refrigerator and microwave. Located in suburb area 5 min. from downtown. Friendly staff
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2014
Enrique
"Very good!"
We like'd it a lot,- nice and clean, good staff. All in all nothing to complain about.
1 night trip Feb 9, 2014
Was not able to get the room we wanted when we tried to check in early, but we got an entirely satisfactory room when we returned later. Heating system worked quietly and very well. No complaints.
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
"Really great room for the price!"
The staff was very friendly and accommodating with my early check in and the room was much nicer than I anticipated. The outside of the rooms wasn't the greatest, but everything else made up for it. The lobby was very clean and inviting as well. I will definitely stay again in the future.
1 night trip Jan 7, 2014
Brideget
"Great hotel with some concerns"
Let me start off by saying that this hotel far better looking than the neighboring hotels. Has a nice patio that lighted up at night and has tabled outside of some rooms even though no one uses them. The front desk clerk was always nice and helpful, no problem there. As for the room itself, I got single king bedroom and it was very clean with many utilities such as a hair dryer, safe, fridge, recliner, desks, flat screen, and microwave, an actual shower tub, and plenty of lamps with electrical sockets. I have 2 major issues with the rooms though. The bed, though very relaxing, was squeaky when moving around. And the movement from the upstair rooms is terribly loud. Goes right through the ceiling and into our room. Other than that, perfect hotel for the price.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
Carlos
it was okay ..very inconsiderate of people yelling late at night . some of the walls were patched up and not painted did not look very good . carpet very dirty black spots every where.
2 night trip Dec 26, 2013
"NEVER AGAIN!!!"
I RECENTLY BOOKED HAD 2 CREWS WORKING IN SANTA MARIA AND BOOKED SEVERAL ROOMS FOR THE CREW MEMBERS DURING THE DURATION OF THE JOB. WHICH WAS APPROXIMATELY 10 DAYS. I BOOKED 2 QUEEN BEDS FOR EACH ROOM AND A ROLL AWAY BECAUSE WE HAD 3 GUYS PER ROOM. OBVIOUSLY THE ROOMS WOULD BE A MESS BECAUSE THEY STAYED IN THESE ROOMS SEVERAL DAYS WITHOUT ANY HOUSEKEEPING SERVICES WHAT SO EVER.....AT ONE POINT AFTER THE 7TH DAY I HAD MY CREW MEMBERS CHECK OUT BECAUSE THEY HAD ANOTHER PROJECT TO DO NEARBY. NEEDLESS TO SAY WE WENT BACK TO TRAVEL LODGE AFTER THE END OF THE DAY INSTEAD OF GOING TO ANOTHER MOTEL. AND THEY STUCK MY GUYS BACK INTO THE SAME ROOM WITH SUBSTANDARD HOUSEKEEPING. THE ROOM WAS BARELY TOUCHED. THE PROJECT TOOK LONGER THAN THE SCHEDULED DATE OF COMPLETION AND I REBOOKED THE ROOM. THEY HAD THE NERVE TO CHARGE ME A $50.00 DEPOSIT BECAUSE THE HOUSEKEEPER SAID SHE COULDN'T CLEAN THE ROOM IT WAS TO MUCH OF A MESS. I TRIED TO GET THROUGH TO MANAGEMENT THE OBVIOUSE REASONS FOR THE MESS BUT THEY UNREASONABLE. I EXPLAINED THAT I SPENT A LOT OF MONEY AT THAT MOTEL FOR THE LAST 10 DAYS AND OF COURSE THE ROOMS WERE GOING TO BE A MESS....THERE WAS NO HOUSEKEEPING DONE AT ALL IF ANY DURING THE ENTIRE STAY!!!! APPARENTLY THEIR HOUSEKEEPING STAFF CAN NOT HANDLE THERE JOB. SO IF YOU EVER DECIDE TO STAY AT TRAVEL LODGE MAKE SURE TO BRING YOUR OWN MOP,BROOM AND CLEANING SUPPLIES.
Other trip Dec 18, 2013
Will return again! Only complaint is when someone walks by room, bed shakes (2nd floor). Not a big deal. Noise from street is bad but earplugs do the trick. Very comfortable room, bed, nice bathroom.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
Karin
"Great hotel on the road"
I stayed at the Travelodge on my way down to San Diego on my California road trip. I was seriously impressed with how nice this place was. I checked in late, but it was no problem. I found it very clean, and to me, the bathroom looked quite fancy. I enjoyed my stay here, and I would definitely stay again. The staff was friendly, and the room was really spacious. Thanks!
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
"Great Find in Santa Maria"
I really enjoyed this Travelodge -- way better than I expected! The rooms look exactly as they do in the pictures and the beds are super comfy. Staff was great also -- friendly, swift, and resourceful. Definitely will stay again!
2 night trip with friends Oct 18, 2013
EG
"Good Value"
Rooms are certainly adequate as well as the pool and spa. Continental breakfast is ok, pancakes were a nice touch. It is in a good central location to a lot of coastal spots or wine tasting. Off the main street so not much street noise. Upper rooms get less foot traffic noise. A good deal at the price level offered. ff the main street so not much street noise. Upper rooms seem to be more quiet. Price level is a good deal.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
"Best hotel to stay at near beach"
i loved it everything in that hotel was nice. The staff was friendly and the breakfast in the morning made my stay there that much better. usually hotels don't offer breakfast in the morning i was very shocked and pleased at the same time. It's nice to eat pancakes and eggs in the morning with some warm coffee yummm ! thanks for everything !
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
Samantha
"Santa Maria Speedway Visit"
Nice hotel close too Speedway and other area locations, Great Barbeque resturants around area. Easy to get to Wine tours up North or South.
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
"Great Hotel for the price!"
Clean room and friendly service. The price was perfect!
Other trip Oct 8, 2013