All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2333 Nw Vaughn St, Portland, OR, 97210, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"The Most Pleasing Hotel in Our West Coast Trip"
Everything we could have hoped for — free parking, free breakfast, modern and clean room.
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
"Nice Hotel, clean and comfortable, friendly staff"
I will stay here again, in the NW neighborhood. I would recommend staying here for convenient location, clean and comfortable, friendly staff. I met up with my family so this was perfect for me, the only thing would be that the WiFi was a little here and there but otherwise just perfect. I would recommend and will stay here again. It was a positive experience!
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
Robin
"Hotel in Expensive, but enjoyable area"
My father and I came up to Portland so I could scope out some prospective employment options. We really enjoyed the free parking. It was a real comfort knowing our car had a designated space. The front desk ladies were quite nice. Our room was on the top floor which was preferred. Room was clean. It was so so. Loved the location because it was close to lots of breweries and a short 5 minute drive to downtown. Overall, it was an okay stay. Nothing special.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"You get what you pay for!"
Gosh, where do i begin? Let me start with the last day and work backwards. We took our granddaughter with us for a weekend away. She's 2 and has a brand new sister. Sunday morning we got dressed and went down to breakfast. It was so crowded and the breakfast area was so small there wasn't a place to sit. At the time it didn't matter because there wasn't anything left to eat! So we went back up to our room to wait a few minutes and watch cartoons. But, we couldn't get back in our room. They evidently programmed our door for us to leave early. I went back down to get the keys reprogrammed and they said one of our keys was to a different room. Got that figured out and came back down for breakfast. There was a bit of food but still no place to sit. Staff did open a room next to the eating area for us and overflow. Getting what you pay for...;..Our room was right next to the service room and we had to maze through carts and cleaning equipment the whole time. Not to mention the noise. It seemed like we were imposing on the cleaning staff. At night this huge light was shinning right into our room. It looked like it was suppose to highlight the building. Freeway, off ramps, etc.. On the plus side, you are feet away from the freeway entrance. Portland is a wonderful place and we had a great time.
2 night trip Mar 14, 2014
"Great Hotel!"
Friendly staff with beautiful rooms and fair pricing! Will go again!
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
"Perfect Location"
I was in Portland to attend training at CrossFit X-Factor to receive my Level 1. The hotel was a block away from my training location. Public transportation got me easily from the Airport to the hotel. Lots of resturants near by as well as a food co-op. I plan on doing another class next month and absolutley book this hotel again.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
All was great, the rates, location, clean room, great view of the bridge
1 night trip Mar 2, 2014
"Horrible Hotel Staff"
I would never stay in this hotel again. There was a mix up with my reservation and the hotel stated "because I booked through a 3rd party there was nothing they could do". I booked a room with two bed and when I got to my room it had only one bed, I called to get this fixed and I was then told they had no rooms with two bed and they could give me a roll away. Since this was the hotel mistake I figured I wouldn't be charged for the roll away, I was mistaken there. At this point its not even worth calling and trying to get the charged reversed because the staff is so unwilling to compromise with the costumer.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
"Super customer service"
Excellent front desk customer service. Very clean and hospitality was great.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
Eddie
"Further from downtown then I realized"
The gal who was working the breakfast was cheerful & helpful
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
"Slowest elevator on the planet!"
Ok ok I might be the laziest person ever to review the elevator, but I was on the 4th floor and had to lug all kinds of baby stuff four flights of stairs! The elevator took forever, I'm talking over 5 minutes to get to us so we ended up taking the four flights numerous times. That part wasn't the annoying part, my key stopped working as did all the other 6 people's keys I knew that were staying at the hotel. It was super super super annoying. How does that even happen? Then the front desk said the master key was stolen that day which was pretty unsettling. Breakfast was not good at all. I couldn't eat it after the first day but that's to be expected, its free. Walls are paper thin, I could hear the screaming drunkards every night.
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
"A very nice hotel"
The hotel was very clean, a bit expensive, Good location
2 night business trip Jan 17, 2014
"Fire"
We where rushed out of the hotel at 11:30 at night wasn't to happy about that...but all in all pretty good :)
2 night business trip Jan 10, 2014
Kristina
"Great hotel in NW Portland"
The hotel was new, clean and just blocks from some great restaurants. The bed was really comfortable. The staff was very friendly and prompt addressing loud and noisy guests in the next room at 3 am.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
Leigh
"Best hotel we have stayed at in a long time!"
Wonderful beds! Staff was excellent, went above and beyond our expectations! Breakfast was fabulous, better than a $20 breakfast we had the day before. If in portland, will stay here again.
1 night trip Dec 31, 2013
Angela
"Great place to stay!"
Bed was soooo comfortable, pool was super warm/clean, and the staff was really helpful and friendly!
Other trip Dec 23, 2013
"Good hotel, but bad sound isolation"
I would rate this hotel 5 starts if it wasn't for sound isolation. Location is good, close so several coffee shops and restaurants in a nice neighborhood. The only problem is that I could hear every time another guest walked the corridor and opened/closed the doors. At times, it felt like someone was inside my room due to bad sound isolation.
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
Carlos
"Convenient to downtown"
I was satisfied. A little bit pricy in my opinion.
5 night family trip Nov 27, 2013
Bob Ratcliff
"Short and sweet"
Great location, knowledgeable, experienced and helpful staff. walking distance to a late night restaurant/pub. Freeway accessible.
Other trip Nov 29, 2013
"Instant Access to Highways"
Everyone was very pleasant and professional, the entry ramp to the highway is 15 seconds from the parking lot and the room was clean and quiet. Downtown attractions are three minutes away.
1 night family trip Nov 21, 2013
"Clean and Convenient"
The hotel is far enough out of downtown to be quiet, but close enough to be at our downtown destinations within five minutes. The hotel was clean and the staff were very courteous.
1 night trip Nov 15, 2013
Cody
"Great Location But Skip The Breakfast"
Easy walking distance to Portland's 23rd Street and Pearl Districts. Extremely easy freeway access. Unusually good fitness equipment and pool. However, the continental breakfast eggs were terrible but far better than the coffee which was horrific. Lot's of breakfast places nearby to try such as Beesaws.
Other trip Nov 15, 2013
"Just Okay"
We choose this hotel because of the location to the zoo and OMSI, it having a pool, and the free parking. The pool was key since we have 3 small children. My husband said that the pool was too hot, no difference from the hot tub at all, and that it smelled funny and had a green film to it. My oldest child who is 8 even commented on the smell. The free breakfast in the morning was okay, but way to crowded on Saturday. People were running in to each other and not enough places to sit. The crew that was working in the kitchen was amazing though, truly very hardworking. Next time we will stay a little further out of town, as we went to another hotel in Beaverton, and it had a great pool. I think you need to focus on the fact that most downtown hotels do not have pools, and that makes this hotel very appealing. However, the pool itself left a lot to be desired.
2 night trip Oct 25, 2013
Katie
"Nice hotel close to Portland activities."
Overall good experience. Friendly, helpful staff, clean facility, very nice breakfast included. And they have wireless included.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
H
"Great location - Easy walk into Nob Hill"
We stayed at various hotels during our trip to Oregon and this one was easy, convenient and comfortable.
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
"Nice hotel around the area"
Nice Local supermarket and restaurants only few blocks away.
3 night family trip Sep 19, 2013
"Located right off the Highway"
It was a nice place to relax when needed - Nothing else to add
Other trip Sep 26, 2013
Jack
I was unsure of this hotel when I first saw it. But it is near great restaurants within walking distance and the wife found local shopping ( I was not looking for LOL ). Hotel has a indoor pool and has WiFi and parking that is free. A good breakfast is also provided. Hotel is very near the TriMet transit system which you car ride from the Airport or to downtown. Hotel is at the entrance of the Expressway ( Traffic noise was not a problem ) so it was great when I need to travel around the city. A great place to stay because of the location and the amenities.
6 night trip Aug 14, 2013
JR Lewis
"Well set up for travelers"
Despite being situated on a busy street corner, the hotel was quiet inside. The lobby "snack store" was great, I could get a quick snack without having to drive or walk and the prices are very reasonable. The food is not high priced like all in-room mini-bars I've seen in a hotel. The complimentary breakfast includes more than toast and cereal. There are eggs, fruit, bacon/sausage, oatmeal and good coffee. Staff members were always on hand to help and clean up the eating area. My room had an excellent quality large flat screen hi-def TV with a massive selection of channels and a channel guide was provided in the room -no wasting time searching for shows.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"Convenient and friendly staff"
We booked this hotel because we wanted to be in the NW district. Although it's on the edge of an industrial area, it was within walking district of good restaurants and some nice shops. The staff was helpful in getting us on public transportation and arranging a rental car later in our stay. We didn't have any noise issues. Our stay included both weekend and weekday nights. The room was clean and comfortable.
5 night trip Aug 1, 2013
"Location, Location"
Our stay here started off inauspiciously as we came off the I-405 off ramp at Vaughn Street. The hotel sits smack dab at the intersection of 23rd and Vaughn and the deceleration off the highway almost caused whiplash. We learned, however, over the course of our 4 night stay at this hotel that we were in an ideal location to hit the shops and restaurants on 23rd Street, the Pearl District and the historic waterfront areas.
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
RNK
"Portland"
Good location if you like to walk like we do. It is located at the north end of 23rd street that has great places to eat and shop. Staff at hotel was very helpful and friendly.
2 night family trip Jul 5, 2013
Trey
"Great hotel, for bed and breakfast."
Spent very little time in the hotel, but everything we did experience was very nice.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
"Convenient"
Convenient easy to public transportion or driving.
4 night family trip Jun 13, 2013
Hugo
"all the comforts we were looking for"
The hotel was great; had a terrific smell and rooms were quiet and comfortable. The main reason we stayed at this hotel was for the indoor pool but it was closed down while we were there. Otherwise, great experience.
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2013
"Nice Hotel close to Portland Downtown"
Pleasant lodging. Clean and in good shape facilities. Price is correct for location and facilities conditions. Staffing very pleasant. Safety and good parking area.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
Fernando
"It's in the INDUSTRIAL area."
The hotel was OK, not top of the line .... but the location was not what I expected. IF you turned one way out the main door you were in the industrial section of town. The other way took you to NW Portland. Had parking ..... a real plus in Portland.
Other trip Jun 6, 2013
"in a great neighborhood"
We were there for two nights, two adults and 6-year old child. The hotel is close to a really great neighboorhood with shops and restaurants. Good, functional hotel for visitors who need a great place to relax after a full day of visiting all that Portland has to offer.
2 night family trip Apr 1, 2013
"Nice and Safe"
In the industrial/port/shipping yard part of town - looked like it may have been a sketchy neighborhood BUT the hotel itself was clean, comfortable, and most of all safe. Despite the surroundings the hotel is very safe - after all it's Portland, so it's not like any part of the town is going to be dangerous.
Other trip May 28, 2013
Drew
The best thing about this hotel is it's location--great part of town to stay in. The room was very nice and comfortable, it was a good choice.
3 night romance trip May 18, 2013
Great location near the 405. Convenient microwave and refrigerator in room. Heated indoor pool.
Other trip May 23, 2013
Mel
"Close to downtown and to all places I want to visi"
It was a very great experience. I recommend everyone to stay in this hotel. Great breakfast. Friendly and helpful hotel staff.
Other trip May 20, 2013
gorden
"Friendly staff, quiet and convenient"
The staff was very friendly and having the refrigerator and snacks to purchase in the lobby made it very helpful with a preschooler along for the trip. The room was extremely clean, queen beds were comfortable and the morning breakfast was delicious.
1 night trip with friends Apr 20, 2013
DebJ
"Smiles all the way!!"
Great location for a blazers game visit. Reception staff were fabulous. Bus #77 takes you down town right across st. The lady serving breakfast was awesome, super helpful, genuinely nice. Cinnamon rolls at all holiday inns (5 in a week) were a huge hit. Selection for breakfast was excellent as was the quality. Hats off to all for a great stay.
Other trip Apr 10, 2013
Nick
"Family friendly hotel"
The staff was very friendly. The room was clean and very well kept. the breakfast was better than I expected and above average for this type of breakfast service.The pool was nice however my one complaint is that it closed at eleven p.m., other hotels I have stayed at the indoor pool was available 24 hours a day
Other trip Apr 1, 2013
"great room and breakfast"
Hotel was great! Room was nice and clean. Bed was comfy. The elevator took about ten minutes though and the pool was very small. The breakfast in the morning was the best part. Great selection and free!
Other trip Feb 24, 2013
"right on bus route to the places we visited"
The staff and accommodations were excellent prior to coming down, we spoke to the desk attendant, asking what bus to take to get there. she put us on hold and went to the end of the block to find out the bus number for us. they were great, we will be back at this place again.
2 night trip Feb 15, 2013
"Great hotel: convenient, clean, comfortable, etc."
The hotel was great. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. The location was fantastic, within walking distance to restaurants, bars, shops, coffee, etc. The pool is a nice bonus. Great hotel for a great price. Would definitely stay again.
2 night trip Feb 16, 2013
Shannon
"Great Hotel, Great Location, Great Experience"
Great staff. I needed a late arrival, and that was not a problem. My room was ready and waiting for me.
Other trip Feb 2, 2013
"Staff were great. Hotel was a nightmare."
I booked this room for a couple of nights. I was coming into Portland, and friends were meeting me that were also coming into Portland. It was a bit away from our event, however, I've always found Holiday Inn Express hotels to be very consistently nice. Nothing fancy, but a nice place to stay. The desk staff were the only thing positive about this hotel. At night, I was afraid to walk 15 feet from the front door to the store next door. However, the worst part came AFTER check in. Check in was super friendly and very helpful. I received my keys, got on the elevator and my opinion started going down hill. The elevator sounded like it was on it's last cable. The door opened and the walls had paint covering wall paper with joint compound still fresh. Plaster on the carpets. Wall lights were hanging from their mounts. The hallway smelled like some horrible curry. It looked like the hotel had just survived an earthquake. The entire stay, workers continued to work in the hallways, renovating the hotel. GUESS WHAT? I don't want to pay $120 for a hotel room while you renovate your hotel. Put customers on another floor and close the floor being rehabiltated. When my friends arrived, I was embarrassed that I had booked a hotel room for the weekend that looked like a war zone. Let's just say, they won't let me book the hotel on the next trip. I will be forwarding the photos and comments to Holiday Inn.
2 night trip Dec 30, 2012