All hotels in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2060 Saint-Dominique, Montreal, QC, H2X 2X1, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Decent for the money"
The place is not too bad but there were spiders in the room. I got bit twice and that kinda ruined my peace at the hotel. The person at the reception took about 25 min to check me in and that made me upset. Other than that, the hotel is fine if you're looking for something cheap.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Not so much bad but"
At first, location is not so much convenient. Near doun town and old Montreal but actually not near. staffs were nice but cleaning lady couldn't speak English. Free breakfast was good.
Other trip May 4, 2014
"Easy to walk to many areas."
Staff was accommodating. Older hotel, but the rooms were adequate and clean. The location was very good. Easy to walk into downtown and the old city. Subway station one block down.
3 night family trip Apr 24, 2014
"No recommed"
I stayed here 3 nights beside elevator hall. My wife and I could not sleep for the noise of elevator in whole night.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
Sun
"You get what you pay for"
Located in poor section of Montreal. Parking a pain! Off site and not cheap. Paper thin walls So you can hear your neighbors. We had 2 queen beds which one bed was slanted about 40%. The towels were thin and itchy. Once was enough.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Kind Staff"
The staff is really nice. We had to move to a bigger room and they were very efficient of doing so. They also spoke very well French and English. Parking space, however, was about 2 blocks away, but the staff kindly helped us to get there. The breakfast is also very good.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Frugality not worth this"
The staff was friendly and helpful, but this dated hotel needs a lot of TLC. The room may have been clean, but masked by a dirty AC unit that dispelled an unpleasant fragrance and the bathroom had tile stains that made it look unclean. For a evening, would have been great, but we booked another hotel for the remainder of the week despite not being refunded the money for this room. Lesson learned.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
A
"Not too bad for its price"
Small hotel at good location. Most tourist attractions are within walking distance. No laundry facility and parking will be a problem.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
"Fantastic Hotel"
This hotel is not a fancy place, but it is in a great location. It has a decent continental breakfast. There is cereal and bananas and bagels and croissants and orange juice and coffee. It is fairly inexpensive too. I would stay here every time i visit Montreal.
2 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"I'd stay away"
It might just be the room I got, but I've never been in a more disgusting hotel. The place did not just have an odor but maintained a brutal stench of smoke. The room was dirty, so was the bathroom and the towels. The toilet seat was stained and there were cigarette butts on the carpeting in the hallways. I was so taken by how bad it was, I almost was drawn in by the experience. I couldn't believe someone would operate like this. The people were very friendly which makes the situation more beguiling. The hotel is in a good location if you want to get to the Plateau and surrounding areas but I would suggest you look somewhere else.
1 night trip Apr 3, 2014
Ilikemontreal
"nice staff, basic room, poor location"
It was good for the price. The hotel staff were very helpful, but the area isn't great. I didn't feel comfortable walking around at night, but during the day it was ok. There is a metro stop right down the street, which was convenient.
2 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2014
Very friendly staff and good service. Clean room. Clean toilet.
Other trip Mar 20, 2014
"Hotel des Arts"
Very good for the price. Includes a limited continental breakfast. The staff is friendly and helpful. Walking distance to plenty of shopping, Old Montreal, and museums (or a metro station, if you don't feel like walking). Good central location to stay for exploring the city. Just don't expect too many frills (no fridge in the room, etc.).
4 night romance trip Mar 9, 2014
Great location and the staff were very kind and helpful for us tourists. We were surprised by the cleanliness and quality of the hotel for it being only $50/night. For this trip, I was using hostels until I saw this deal on Expedia. Breakfast was basically toast, cereal, and coffee. Walking distance to downtown and a subway line. Only a few stops from the main hub too. Clean room and bathroom was nicer than I thought it would be.
Other trip Mar 14, 2014
"A BED AND NOTHING ELSE"
Good location. But beside a bed mithing is good. SERVICE AND COMFORT. FORGET IT. THE WORST BREAKFAST EVER WITH PLASTIC CUPS AND PAPER PLATES. ITS NOISY AND 80% WERE COLLEGE KIDS WE HAD NO SLEEP. SO OVERALL NO GO....
1 night romance trip Feb 22, 2014
Ray
"Not too far from Metro."
Overall pretty good i would stay again.............I mean this is a $50 room not $150.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
The hotel was well suited with my requirements. Warm welcome, staff more than nice, very friendly and very helpful, the breakfast was decent. It is located in very calm place and was near by so many nicest place in Montreal,the room was nice and cleaned, the underground and buses just like few minutes from the hotel. I am strongly recommend this hotel as an excellent hotel, I'm definitely going there again for my next visit.....j'adore Hôtel des Arts
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
Nothing luxurious about this hotel, but definitely worth the price. Hotel staff was very helpful and warrants my higher rating. Will stay here again during my next trip to Montreal.
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
"Very good for the price"
Had everything I needed: Good bed, clean sheets, clean towels, god hot shower and even breakfast. Internet services were very good and stable.The staff was very friendly and very helpful. The only issue is parking, as you'll have to either take your chances on the street or walk from the block away parking lot, but parking space in Montreal is also a premium. If you're looking for an affordable place to crash each night, that's your place.
6 night trip with friends Jan 8, 2014
"Great spot and great staff"
The only real downside to this hotel was that the pillows seemed to be stuffed with rolled-up socks, which did nothing but exacerbate my insomnia. Still, it was a great deal: the room and bathroom were very clean and proper, and it was smaller than I was used to but cozy. The receptionists were incredibly nice and helpful and all spoke English very well, which was great because my own French is just a tad rusty. Breakfast was good and the free wi-fi was invaluable. It was about a ten minute walk from Place des Arts and my part of the city. In general the place felt very safe and welcoming and I'd definitely stay again. Just, I'd bring my own pillow next time.
Other trip Jan 9, 2014
Kirby
"NICE"
LOCATION IS REALLY GOOD. BECAUSE IT LOCATED BEHIND OF MAIN STREET(ST.LAURENCE?). AND THE HOTEL WAS CLEAN. HEATING WAS WELL, BREAKFAST PROVIDED (BUT ITS NOR REALLY GOOD..SOSO~)
Other trip Dec 29, 2013
"make it your last choice"
of course, you get what you paid for. a hotel/inn priced at $6x per night, pretty much telling you that it is more of a motel kind in the US. the 2 beds room that I had was okay, but the beds are old and the second day of my stay, they didn't even bother to change the beds. the restroom is fair, the free wifi is close to useless, but the location is good, and nearby the Des Arts mall, as well as Chinatown. I probably will pay a bit more next time to stay in a better hotel, just so I can sleep well and enjoy Montreal.
2 night trip with friends Dec 13, 2013
"Very nice staff, but..."
Toilet bowl had a ring around it when I arrived. One small bar of soap, no shampoo, no plastic glasses or cups. Remedied when I asked, but shouldn't have to. Saturday night was very noisy, with periodic shouting from outside on the street until 3:45 a.m, and shouting in the hallway. Nice staff, but I would not stay there again.
2 night trip Nov 16, 2013
Sam
Cleaning staff was never there! Never cleaned the bathroom never changed the sheets the surroundings is pretty bad area a lot of drunks and junkies and there's no parking. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
2 night trip Oct 18, 2013
Gus
"Ok place to stay for a quick overnight"
We were in town for a concert and needed a place to stay for the night. Room is not super clean but met our needs for the evening. Got in late and left by 6am. The hotel staff are friendly. Great restaurant around the corner ICONE, excellent!!!!
1 night trip Oct 18, 2013
"close to tall must see sights"
Great hotel, great location. However, the air-conditioning was on the whole night and I fell sick from it. Need to turn it off
3 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"Charged without authorization"
The stay would have been just fine, besides the shady looking neighborhood...it was close to our destination, walking distance to the metropolis and the room was just fine. But when I checked in they told me the price would be C$125 for the room, and c$50 deposit that would be given back at checkout. We Had a 2 double bed room. The reservation was for 2 people but we had 4. At no point did they tell us we would be charged extra for having 4 guests in the room. At checkout, without my permission or signature they added $40 to the bill. They didn't even mention it, they just charged me. The desk guy had no explanation for this! Worst customer service ever trying to take advantage of guests and ripping them off! I'm calling my credit card company and I would never stay here Again or recommend it to anyone.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
"Friendly staff, location and price cannot be beat"
Location was great and accessible to cinema, shopping, night life, Old Montreal, and restaurants. The price was very reasonable. The continental breakfast was very basic. The staff went out of their way to show us where to go and what to do. The room was very basic; tube tv, uncomfortable bed. Parking was in a nearby lot for $10 per night. New car was safe. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who does not mind no frills.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
Pam
I read the reviews and was nervous about staying at the hotel,but i enjoyed myself.my room was clean,no bed bugs.if you are o.k staying in an area with tons of college students in not the nice area,you will o.k..i enjoyed myself..close to everything
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
traveller
"Family oriented and friendly hotel."
My husband and I were satisfied with the stay in the hotel ,I could recommend to my friends
3 night trip Sep 16, 2013
"Housekeeping"
Overall good experience, housekeeping emplyees needs to be more careful aboul vacuum the room.
2 night family trip Sep 12, 2013
Oscar
"OK for that price"
I stayed for just one night in September. Location is very convenient, near Saint Laurent subway station, also airport shuttle bus (747) stops just nearby. If you anyway walk around and eat out, you don't have to spend a lot of money to sleep. the hotel just provides minimum you need and it is ok.
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
Ted
"Good for Price"
The staff weren't the most enthusiastic, but the hotel itself was decent priced and it was clean. The room was small but it was a good place to stay. Parking was difficult because Montreal has so many rules with street parking. There are parking lots a couple of blocks away for either $20/day or $10/day which isn't too bad. The continental breakfast was okay. Bagels, cereal, and croissants like the usual. Be sure to get there early or else you won't have any seating.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
Bunny
"Provided clean comfortable beds close to our desti"
Were visiting our son at McGill. This provided close access to his apt and the University. We did not spend much time in our room, other than to sleep at night.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
Very disappointed! Especially it is durty with layer of dust in room; the drains of tub is almost blocked.
1 night trip Aug 19, 2013
"Don't Do It!"
Worst Hotel I have ever been in. Also, be ready to pay additional $25 for non-smoking rooms and park 2-4 blocks from hotel for additional $$.
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2013
Tony
"Great location - old hotel"
Our overall stay was good as the location of the hotel was great - within walking distance to restaurants, attractions
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2013
Anto
"Exactly what I expected"
We were visiting Montreal for a day and just needed a place to crash-- this fit the bill. The staff was helpful, let us check in early and gave us recommendations on affordable overnight parking within walking distance of the hotel.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2013
Rachel
"This hotel was dirty, noisy , and uncomfortable."
Hotel was dirty noisy and uncomfortable , and too expensive for the quality of Hotel.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
mike
"Nice, close to metro and St Catherine"
It was okay but not great. Customer service was a little shotty but it was a very busy weekend. They charged me extra money.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
"meh"
no parking, extremely noisy (other guests slamming doors, yelling, etc.)maid knocked at 10, we aid we'll be out in a minute. Left and came back at 4, maid in room for another 15 min ! Non bar or restaurant. Continental breakfast.Walking distance to China Town and Old Montreal.
2 night trip Aug 2, 2013
"Great location and price!"
The hotel is close to the bus station where we arrived in the City-about a 15 min walk. Check in was easy, the room was as expected. Not fancy, but clean and adequate. one of the outer windows was slightly ajar and I found that it would not close entirely-looks like it may have been damaged. But the inside windows closed and locked so not problems. We kept them shut at night anyway and turned on the fan (the room does have air conditioning also) as white noise. The pillows were not very firm, mostly fluff inside a case and the bed was very squeaky but really, that is the only thing I can think of that wasn't great about the place. Breakfast was delicious breads (white, whole wheat and rasisin) toasters to make toast if preferred, jelly, butter, two difference cereals with milk, croissants and pain au chocolat. There is also coffee and a juice machine. There was no tea so if you are like me, make arrangements. There is a microwave also and people were heating up their suppers and lunches also during our stay. This is a basic hotel is an excellent location for an awesome price. I will stay again!
2 night family trip Jul 30, 2013
"Adequate"
You will be given the worst possible room when you check in. Y prepaid for the room. The hotel has nothing to lose by giving you its "dog" room. That's what Hotel des Arts did. We were given a tiny room right to the elevator. The A/C unit moved the air but did not cool it. The clerk came up & agreed that the unit was broken. He offered to let us move immediately, or get another room the next day. It was late and it had been a long drive that day. We decided to "tough it out". What a BIG mistake, but it was our mistake, not the clerk's. The next morning, new on-duty clerk came up, inspected the unit, but said he would not move us until the maintenance guy looked at it. We came back in the mid-afternoon. The maintenance guy apparently reported that the unit was fine. It wasn't. The front desk clerk came up again & relented. The room was a furnace. We lugged our gear to a new room, which was much bigger & had an operable A/C unit. So, three strikes against Hotel des Arts - (1) the rotten first room, (2) the hassle & delay in getting a room with an operable A/C unit, and (3) no on-site parking. You have to walk to a public lot 3 blocks away, where you can only pay for one day at a time. There is no attendant. If you forget to go back to pay for another day (it's a vacation, remember), your car will be towed, as I found out, the hard way. All in all, this is a lower tier hotel, but it was clean.
4 night family trip Jul 12, 2013
wbarry
"Good budget friendly hotel"
I stayed 3 days and 2 nights at Hotel des Arts. The first room we were placed in the bath tub wouldn't drain however the staff was very accommodating and quickly changed our room. The room we switched to was good however there were many stains on the floor. The staff was very friendly and helpful with navigating around Montreal the breakfast in the morning was good as well.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"Great Value"
Absolutely pleasant stay. Nothing fancy but clean and comfortable. Perfect to enjoy the city by. Great location!
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
You get what you pay for. The hotel wasn't the nicest and up to date, but you get free wifi, a continental breakfast and the location is central and walking distance to St Laurent blvd, chinatown, le village, old montreal, st catherine's blvd!
Other trip Jul 12, 2013
"Nice hotel close to the center"
While we were staying in Montreal, the jazz festival was going on. As the hotel is located near the center, we could reach easily by walk.
Other trip Jul 12, 2013
yummy
"good deal"
We came up from New York for Jazz fest. The location of the hotel was perfect; just a short walk to the festival grounds. The area doesn't seem to be the best, but it appeared to be safe, at least at festival time. Walked to the hotel at 3am and there was no problem. Plenty of restaurants in the area, and a close walk to Chinatown. Price was affordable so I wasn't expecting anything fancy; however, the rooms were clean, the staff was friendly, A/C worked well, as did free wi-fi. Breakfast is spartan (cereal/croissants/coffee) but adequate, and it's free (or included in the price, if you will). One reviewer mentioned an unpleasant odor in the hallway, which I have to agree with. It frankly smelled like urine, but appeared to fade after a few days; or maybe I just got used to it. Also, the switch on one of the bedside lamps was broken. We mentioned it to the front desk staff, not necessarily as a complaint but just to register it, so they wouldn't hold us responsible, and they insisted on sending maintenance to fix it. Fix it they did - by exchanging it with the lamp from the other side of the bed. No big deal in all honesty to me, but if you want up-to-date, first-rate facilities, it's probably not so great for you.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
GrumpyKat
Location served our needs very well - close to Metro, Jazz Festival, Latin Quarter, Chinatown - and a manageable walk to Old Montreal. We would have appreciated in-room coffee, as well as better quality coffee at the breakfast bar and a greater food variety at the breakfast bar. We did appreciate the good-sized room, quiet accommodations, free WiFi, comfortable bed, and good air conditioning. We would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
Pat
"Yearly trip to Montreal"
We travel to Montreal a few times a year for Formula 1 races, Cirque de Soliel premiers and for sure the Jazz Festival. We find this hotel to be in an excellent location for the Jazz Festival; two blocks from the outdoor stages. Safe for walking at night, good value for the money. This isn't a 4+ star hotel; but the cost is very reasonable for the location. Our plan is NOT to be in the room anyway. Bathroom is recently upgraded, so not dissapointing and the AC works well (which can be hard to find in reasonable cost hotels in Montreal). Suggest parking in the underground garage at the Library at $10 a day and secure underground, no fee for in/out - entrance on Rue Berri 50 yards from the corner of Rue Ontario (10 min walk from the hotel, but good price and safe w/24-hour attendants).
Other trip Jul 2, 2013