All hotels in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2060 Saint-Dominique, Montreal, QC, H2X 2X1, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good location...zero parking"
we booked this hotel through Expedia knowing it was a soso option. the price was good and the location excellent for our purposes. 3 days was plenty of time for us in Montreal...international Jazz festival ws 4 blocks away...food near by...really great staff and the most important amenity. .Dog friendly...though the city is not a great place for dogs. nice to check this off the bucket list!
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
Lilly
"Good Enough"
Was in town for the jazz festival. This hotel was in a great location to access the shows. Very close to the university. 747 bus from Trudeau Airport drops you about 6-7 blocks away up a slight hill. Surrounding neighborhood is a little seedy but I wouldn't say it was dangerous. Just had seen better days. Staff is helpful enough. If I spoke better French they probably would have been friendlier. The room was adequate and clean. The bed was comfortable and I slept well. This isn't a luxury hotel so I don't know what people giving really bad reviews expect for the price. Free breakfast was also good enough -croissant, cereal, fruit, coffee. They do charge a $50 deposit and if I don't get that back I may have something to complain about, but this was a decent, cheap hotel in a great location.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Michele
"No complaints."
The sheets were clean, the air conditioning worked, the staff were friendly and helpful, and the bagels and coffee excellent. For an inexpensive hotel easy walking distance to transit, Chinatown, and the convention center, this is a fine choice.
6 night business trip Jun 23, 2014
Smelly room, insects are all around, rotten breakfast. I definitely do not recommend this hotel for anyone!
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
Ali
"wonderful place to stay"
This is a fabulous hotel in a great location. We loved our stay.
1 night business trip Jun 22, 2014
Louise
"Cheap, good location"
Fine for what we needed it for, students staying in an inexpensive hotel to enjoy Montreal's nightlife.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"Mediocre hotel, worth it for the cheap price."
Room wasn't bad. The mattress looked a little dirty underneath the sheets. When the hotel service came in the next day they didn't change the sheets after I got a small stain on them. The bathroom was really small and the door of the bathroom wouldn't open all the way because it would hit the toilet. So I had to pull some spiderman style to get into the shower. Overall it wasn't terrible, but I wasn't expecting much either. The staff was really friendly and super super helpful.
4 night trip with friends Jun 4, 2014
Dr
"overpriced for bare bones basics"
overpriced for bare bones basics
2 night trip May 30, 2014
"For the price, the perfect place"
Just a room with a bed, bath, and not much beyond that. Could not beat the price for the location it provided, practically within walking distance to all the great parts of the city. Would absolutely stay here again.
2 night trip with friends May 23, 2014
Brendan
Great location. Included breakfast the rooms were OK. Bathroom was not very clean. And make sure you ask for a non smoking room.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"It Is What It Is"
Room was a tad cramped, not set up to optimize space. Also, the parking solution leaves a bit to be desired. That aside, it's not a bad hotel. The staff was pleasant, the room comfortable, and you're within a 15-20 minute walk or drive to many places. It's not the Ritz or Hilton by any stretch; it's a relatively budget-friendly place to sleep while in an amazing city.
Other trip May 22, 2014
Will
"This hotel is a little old but the stay was great."
All of the staff we encountered was great. Always pleasant and willing to assist you. The hotel is close to bus and metro. Easy access to walking to shops and attractions. Not easy to park a car. The breakfast in the morning is always the same....bagels, cereal, fruit, juice, coffee, variety of breads......but always fresh and plenty for everyone. It is not the Hilton but for a reasonable price it is great. Would stay there again.
Other trip May 18, 2014
nicole
"Paid $50 deposit and not get it back"
When I checked in they asked me to pay $50 (canadian dollars) for deposit. When I checked out, they said that $50 would go back to my credit card. But it has been three days since I checked out, my money is still not returned to my credit card yet. Also, the bathtub looks very old and dirty.
4 night business trip May 6, 2014
Hang
"Car was towed from parking lot, had to pay $116"
This Hotel is not was strange from the moment we started trying to find it in Montreal. It is in a back ally on a very steep road that we must have driven by four times before we found it. The only staff person sits at the front desk all day (Where the complementary breakfast is). Our one night stay lead to our car getting towed and I had to pay $116. The concierge gave us specific instructions where to park Down The Street and I made sure to park exactly where we were supposed to. The parking lot even requires you to buy a $10 24 hour parking pass. That was fine with me until my car was towed and the hotel wouldn't do anything about it. The tow service didn't understand what the hotel had done to us so we had to furiously hand over our last dollars from the night before. Im pretty sure this hotel has a deal going on with the tow company because they can't make enough money through legitimate guests. Save yourself a huge hassle, pay more than $75 to stay at another hotel!
1 night trip May 6, 2014
Guest
"Decent for the money"
The place is not too bad but there were spiders in the room. I got bit twice and that kinda ruined my peace at the hotel. The person at the reception took about 25 min to check me in and that made me upset. Other than that, the hotel is fine if you're looking for something cheap.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Not so much bad but"
At first, location is not so much convenient. Near doun town and old Montreal but actually not near. staffs were nice but cleaning lady couldn't speak English. Free breakfast was good.
Other trip May 4, 2014
"Easy to walk to many areas."
Staff was accommodating. Older hotel, but the rooms were adequate and clean. The location was very good. Easy to walk into downtown and the old city. Subway station one block down.
3 night family trip Apr 24, 2014
"No recommed"
I stayed here 3 nights beside elevator hall. My wife and I could not sleep for the noise of elevator in whole night.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
Sun
"You get what you pay for"
Located in poor section of Montreal. Parking a pain! Off site and not cheap. Paper thin walls So you can hear your neighbors. We had 2 queen beds which one bed was slanted about 40%. The towels were thin and itchy. Once was enough.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Kind Staff"
The staff is really nice. We had to move to a bigger room and they were very efficient of doing so. They also spoke very well French and English. Parking space, however, was about 2 blocks away, but the staff kindly helped us to get there. The breakfast is also very good.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Frugality not worth this"
The staff was friendly and helpful, but this dated hotel needs a lot of TLC. The room may have been clean, but masked by a dirty AC unit that dispelled an unpleasant fragrance and the bathroom had tile stains that made it look unclean. For a evening, would have been great, but we booked another hotel for the remainder of the week despite not being refunded the money for this room. Lesson learned.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
A
"Not too bad for its price"
Small hotel at good location. Most tourist attractions are within walking distance. No laundry facility and parking will be a problem.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
"Fantastic Hotel"
This hotel is not a fancy place, but it is in a great location. It has a decent continental breakfast. There is cereal and bananas and bagels and croissants and orange juice and coffee. It is fairly inexpensive too. I would stay here every time i visit Montreal.
2 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"I'd stay away"
It might just be the room I got, but I've never been in a more disgusting hotel. The place did not just have an odor but maintained a brutal stench of smoke. The room was dirty, so was the bathroom and the towels. The toilet seat was stained and there were cigarette butts on the carpeting in the hallways. I was so taken by how bad it was, I almost was drawn in by the experience. I couldn't believe someone would operate like this. The people were very friendly which makes the situation more beguiling. The hotel is in a good location if you want to get to the Plateau and surrounding areas but I would suggest you look somewhere else.
1 night trip Apr 3, 2014
Ilikemontreal
"nice staff, basic room, poor location"
It was good for the price. The hotel staff were very helpful, but the area isn't great. I didn't feel comfortable walking around at night, but during the day it was ok. There is a metro stop right down the street, which was convenient.
2 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2014
Very friendly staff and good service. Clean room. Clean toilet.
Other trip Mar 20, 2014
"Hotel des Arts"
Very good for the price. Includes a limited continental breakfast. The staff is friendly and helpful. Walking distance to plenty of shopping, Old Montreal, and museums (or a metro station, if you don't feel like walking). Good central location to stay for exploring the city. Just don't expect too many frills (no fridge in the room, etc.).
4 night romance trip Mar 9, 2014
Great location and the staff were very kind and helpful for us tourists. We were surprised by the cleanliness and quality of the hotel for it being only $50/night. For this trip, I was using hostels until I saw this deal on Expedia. Breakfast was basically toast, cereal, and coffee. Walking distance to downtown and a subway line. Only a few stops from the main hub too. Clean room and bathroom was nicer than I thought it would be.
Other trip Mar 14, 2014
"A BED AND NOTHING ELSE"
Good location. But beside a bed mithing is good. SERVICE AND COMFORT. FORGET IT. THE WORST BREAKFAST EVER WITH PLASTIC CUPS AND PAPER PLATES. ITS NOISY AND 80% WERE COLLEGE KIDS WE HAD NO SLEEP. SO OVERALL NO GO....
1 night romance trip Feb 22, 2014
Ray
"Not too far from Metro."
Overall pretty good i would stay again.............I mean this is a $50 room not $150.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
The hotel was well suited with my requirements. Warm welcome, staff more than nice, very friendly and very helpful, the breakfast was decent. It is located in very calm place and was near by so many nicest place in Montreal,the room was nice and cleaned, the underground and buses just like few minutes from the hotel. I am strongly recommend this hotel as an excellent hotel, I'm definitely going there again for my next visit.....j'adore Hôtel des Arts
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
Nothing luxurious about this hotel, but definitely worth the price. Hotel staff was very helpful and warrants my higher rating. Will stay here again during my next trip to Montreal.
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
"Very good for the price"
Had everything I needed: Good bed, clean sheets, clean towels, god hot shower and even breakfast. Internet services were very good and stable.The staff was very friendly and very helpful. The only issue is parking, as you'll have to either take your chances on the street or walk from the block away parking lot, but parking space in Montreal is also a premium. If you're looking for an affordable place to crash each night, that's your place.
6 night trip with friends Jan 8, 2014
"Great spot and great staff"
The only real downside to this hotel was that the pillows seemed to be stuffed with rolled-up socks, which did nothing but exacerbate my insomnia. Still, it was a great deal: the room and bathroom were very clean and proper, and it was smaller than I was used to but cozy. The receptionists were incredibly nice and helpful and all spoke English very well, which was great because my own French is just a tad rusty. Breakfast was good and the free wi-fi was invaluable. It was about a ten minute walk from Place des Arts and my part of the city. In general the place felt very safe and welcoming and I'd definitely stay again. Just, I'd bring my own pillow next time.
Other trip Jan 9, 2014
Kirby
"NICE"
LOCATION IS REALLY GOOD. BECAUSE IT LOCATED BEHIND OF MAIN STREET(ST.LAURENCE?). AND THE HOTEL WAS CLEAN. HEATING WAS WELL, BREAKFAST PROVIDED (BUT ITS NOR REALLY GOOD..SOSO~)
Other trip Dec 29, 2013
"make it your last choice"
of course, you get what you paid for. a hotel/inn priced at $6x per night, pretty much telling you that it is more of a motel kind in the US. the 2 beds room that I had was okay, but the beds are old and the second day of my stay, they didn't even bother to change the beds. the restroom is fair, the free wifi is close to useless, but the location is good, and nearby the Des Arts mall, as well as Chinatown. I probably will pay a bit more next time to stay in a better hotel, just so I can sleep well and enjoy Montreal.
2 night trip with friends Dec 13, 2013
"Very nice staff, but..."
Toilet bowl had a ring around it when I arrived. One small bar of soap, no shampoo, no plastic glasses or cups. Remedied when I asked, but shouldn't have to. Saturday night was very noisy, with periodic shouting from outside on the street until 3:45 a.m, and shouting in the hallway. Nice staff, but I would not stay there again.
2 night trip Nov 16, 2013
Sam
Cleaning staff was never there! Never cleaned the bathroom never changed the sheets the surroundings is pretty bad area a lot of drunks and junkies and there's no parking. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
2 night trip Oct 18, 2013
Gus
"Ok place to stay for a quick overnight"
We were in town for a concert and needed a place to stay for the night. Room is not super clean but met our needs for the evening. Got in late and left by 6am. The hotel staff are friendly. Great restaurant around the corner ICONE, excellent!!!!
1 night trip Oct 18, 2013
"close to tall must see sights"
Great hotel, great location. However, the air-conditioning was on the whole night and I fell sick from it. Need to turn it off
3 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"Charged without authorization"
The stay would have been just fine, besides the shady looking neighborhood...it was close to our destination, walking distance to the metropolis and the room was just fine. But when I checked in they told me the price would be C$125 for the room, and c$50 deposit that would be given back at checkout. We Had a 2 double bed room. The reservation was for 2 people but we had 4. At no point did they tell us we would be charged extra for having 4 guests in the room. At checkout, without my permission or signature they added $40 to the bill. They didn't even mention it, they just charged me. The desk guy had no explanation for this! Worst customer service ever trying to take advantage of guests and ripping them off! I'm calling my credit card company and I would never stay here Again or recommend it to anyone.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
"Friendly staff, location and price cannot be beat"
Location was great and accessible to cinema, shopping, night life, Old Montreal, and restaurants. The price was very reasonable. The continental breakfast was very basic. The staff went out of their way to show us where to go and what to do. The room was very basic; tube tv, uncomfortable bed. Parking was in a nearby lot for $10 per night. New car was safe. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who does not mind no frills.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
Pam
I read the reviews and was nervous about staying at the hotel,but i enjoyed myself.my room was clean,no bed bugs.if you are o.k staying in an area with tons of college students in not the nice area,you will o.k..i enjoyed myself..close to everything
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
traveller
"Family oriented and friendly hotel."
My husband and I were satisfied with the stay in the hotel ,I could recommend to my friends
3 night trip Sep 16, 2013
"Housekeeping"
Overall good experience, housekeeping emplyees needs to be more careful aboul vacuum the room.
2 night family trip Sep 12, 2013
Oscar
"OK for that price"
I stayed for just one night in September. Location is very convenient, near Saint Laurent subway station, also airport shuttle bus (747) stops just nearby. If you anyway walk around and eat out, you don't have to spend a lot of money to sleep. the hotel just provides minimum you need and it is ok.
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
Ted
"Good for Price"
The staff weren't the most enthusiastic, but the hotel itself was decent priced and it was clean. The room was small but it was a good place to stay. Parking was difficult because Montreal has so many rules with street parking. There are parking lots a couple of blocks away for either $20/day or $10/day which isn't too bad. The continental breakfast was okay. Bagels, cereal, and croissants like the usual. Be sure to get there early or else you won't have any seating.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
Bunny
"Provided clean comfortable beds close to our desti"
Were visiting our son at McGill. This provided close access to his apt and the University. We did not spend much time in our room, other than to sleep at night.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
Very disappointed! Especially it is durty with layer of dust in room; the drains of tub is almost blocked.
1 night trip Aug 19, 2013
"Don't Do It!"
Worst Hotel I have ever been in. Also, be ready to pay additional $25 for non-smoking rooms and park 2-4 blocks from hotel for additional $$.
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2013