All hotels in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2060 Saint-Dominique, Montreal, QC, H2X 2X1, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
"Great value"
Great location and excellent value for price. Staff was helpful with directions and other information and services.
2 night family trip Nov 16, 2014
The staff is very accommodating
1 night trip Oct 13, 2014
"Great find."
A short walk uphill from the St. Laurent metro, the location was great. The staff was helpful. The price was fine.
2 night trip Oct 25, 2014
"Nice hotel in down town"
It was really nice since the hotel is located in the central of down town Montreal,very close by the Metro station, bus stop, restaurants, convenient stores, at an extremely good cost. The room was clean, quite good, breakfast included, hotel staffs are nice too. It was value for money!
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
NGUYEN THAO
"Good centrally located hotel"
The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and everything was adequate. It isn't the Ritz Carlton and for the price it is well worth it. We would stay there again. The breakfast is basic. We wanted a clean, well located place on a budget and that's exactly what we got.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Kaycee
"Spaciuos room, close to city centre"
Close to city centre but poor breakfast. Only bread, banana, coffee and juice drink. No parking, paid 12 $ for overnight parking.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
S
"Close to the Latin quarter. Priced right."
Great stop over before Quebec!...............................................................................
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
Brett
"Narrow street like an alley, not too bright alley."
Taxi driver warned us not to walk in the alley late at night. He recommended to stay in hotels in bigger streets. The price is cheaper and you get what you pay for maybe. Will recommend only to courageous budget conscious traveling people.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
Celso
"The Price Is Right!!!"
I love the location of this hotel and the price was AWESOME for a three Night stay. Free WiFi, clean room and no funny smells. I could not ask for anything else... Actually a fridge in the room might have made it even more convenient but it wasn't a deal breaker. Overall, I would try this hotel again because of the wonderful price point and the great location. Happy travels!!!
3 night trip Oct 6, 2014
Jack
"Nice hotel in a neighborhood in transition!"
Reaching the hotel from Rue St. Catherine was steep! The hotel is in an area that has its seedy side and up-and-coming side (a major university is expanding here which has its positives and negatives. The hotel is very convenient to the main transit stops, but I often walked rather than take transportation to get to my destinations in the surrounding neighborhoods which was very good for me!
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
"Could be better"
good for short staying fantastic location.Service is lot to wish very basic place.City gives you everything in return so enjoy it.
8 night romance trip Sep 6, 2014
Wlodzimierz
"decent value"
I was looking for pet friendly place for a night while sightseeing in the Adirondacks. Didn't want to spend a lot my needs were met. The employee at the front desk who checked us in was very friendly, helpful and informative as I had never been to Montreal before.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
"Room smells, but have great breakfast."
It might be the rooms are too old that they have old smell. On the other hand, among those provider breakfast, their meal stand out with choice of croissants and chocolate croissants, and bagels.
1 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
L
"clsoe to all must-see sights and friendly staff"
My friends and I greatly enjoyed our stay. We felt the hotel staff we helpful suggesting places and directing up to sites to see. Parking wasn't a problem and the neighborhood seemed relatively safe. The cleanliness of the room was okay and the noise level was good.
2 night trip with friends Sep 17, 2014
"First time in Montreal"
The hotel is a great place to stay at a fair budget. The location is the greatest thing to it. So convenient to a lot of fun places to visit. Rooms are clean. Had a great time.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"Convenient, Overpriced, Rotten Refund Policy"
Hotel staff was very friendly. However, the fancy name “Hotel Des Arts” does not begin to warrant the steep jacked-up price for the room size and quality I got, despite it being high summer season. Curiously, the Metro map shows it as “Econolodge” which indicates its age and lineage. For the price I paid, I should have had a view of the city rather than the interior core. Was pleased to find a room refrigerator until the door fell off at my feet. Wouldn’t have been so bad, but when I asked to have the refrigerator repaired/replaced, they smiled and said “no.” Twice. Adding insult to injury, I decided to leave two days early of a 6-day reservation. Boo-hoo, I’m now acutely aware of this outfit’s policy that changes after arrival incur one night’s penalty (OK, acceptable) but early check-out gets no refund whatsoever (and, of course, the last two nights were the most expensive of the six). I realize they have a business to run, but there was clearly no lack of clientele and I’m sure that my room was easily filled for those two nights I wasn’t there. They could have used my unused dollars to purchase two refrigerators and a microwave – but I suspect not! Several lessons learned on this trip!
6 night trip Aug 4, 2014
"Perfect for what was needed"
My experience with Hotel des Arts was great. The staff was helpful and straightforward, the room was clean and had just enough space to be comfortable. The breakfast was wonderful and the common areas were clean and well decorated.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Katie
"Exactly what I paid for"
It was not the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in, but it was clean and not missing a thing. The location was perfect, about a block from st. Denis street and 3 blocks from st. Catherine street. The hotel also offered smoking rooms whitch were surprisingly odor free. If you stay here you must eat at a resturaunt called "mme lee" just a stones throw from the hotel and the best meal I had while I was there.
4 night trip with friends Aug 20, 2014
"outdated"
The night manager Dennis was really terrific. He was very helpful and friendly. The hotel itself was extremely outdated and unkempt.
1 night family trip Aug 19, 2014
"Most disgusting place I have ever stayed"
There is only one plus that hotel located just perfectly in old town. The rest is just horrible. Rooms are so dirty. Wi-fi - well you may will have it but mostly its working only at the lobby.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
andrey
"Experoence"
Through out my life, this was the most worst kind of hotel i ever stayed. I never recommend to anyone to opt for this hotel. There was a stint all around the room. Beds were in bad shape. Ni facility at all. This should be below one star hotel
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Mian
"Met my expectations and even more"
The hotel is located in a convenient location; a few blocks from McGill and several great eating places. However don't expect a 5 star hotel. This is a good, cheap place that has some very friendly staff. The maintenance of the building has much room for improvement but at the price we paid it was a good deal. If you plan to stay in your room more than a few hours then I would suggest you consider a different place. However if this is just a place to crash and get ready to explore the city then I'd highly recommend it.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Price for the room was too high for the room. This is a good place to stay for 3-4 nights. Great location - in the center
"no respect what so ever for guests."
I didn't check in with them I had to go to a different hotel. front desk sucks. they need manners. good luck to the next victim/guest. Strongly suggest you go elsewhere.... this was my second time at this hotel. i was not happy the first time, I gave them a second chance never again.
1 night trip Jul 24, 2014
Pierre-Louis O
"Poor Quality"
It was cheap, yes, but lacked basic things like parking and understanding. I booked for two people because that was the only option and they then charged $10 for every person over 2 people in the room every night. Couple that with the $10 per night for parking, it would have been cheaper and much more comfortable and clean had I paid $150 per night for a marriott.
2 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2014
The hotel is perfectly located for any events at the Place Des Artes and a short walk to the Metro and about a mile walk to the Old Port.
4 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Charlie
"Good location...zero parking"
we booked this hotel through Expedia knowing it was a soso option. the price was good and the location excellent for our purposes. 3 days was plenty of time for us in Montreal...international Jazz festival ws 4 blocks away...food near by...really great staff and the most important amenity. .Dog friendly...though the city is not a great place for dogs. nice to check this off the bucket list!
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
Lilly
"Good Enough"
Was in town for the jazz festival. This hotel was in a great location to access the shows. Very close to the university. 747 bus from Trudeau Airport drops you about 6-7 blocks away up a slight hill. Surrounding neighborhood is a little seedy but I wouldn't say it was dangerous. Just had seen better days. Staff is helpful enough. If I spoke better French they probably would have been friendlier. The room was adequate and clean. The bed was comfortable and I slept well. This isn't a luxury hotel so I don't know what people giving really bad reviews expect for the price. Free breakfast was also good enough -croissant, cereal, fruit, coffee. They do charge a $50 deposit and if I don't get that back I may have something to complain about, but this was a decent, cheap hotel in a great location.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Michele
"No complaints."
The sheets were clean, the air conditioning worked, the staff were friendly and helpful, and the bagels and coffee excellent. For an inexpensive hotel easy walking distance to transit, Chinatown, and the convention center, this is a fine choice.
6 night business trip Jun 23, 2014
Smelly room, insects are all around, rotten breakfast. I definitely do not recommend this hotel for anyone!
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
Ali
"wonderful place to stay"
This is a fabulous hotel in a great location. We loved our stay.
1 night business trip Jun 22, 2014
Louise
"Cheap, good location"
Fine for what we needed it for, students staying in an inexpensive hotel to enjoy Montreal's nightlife.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"Mediocre hotel, worth it for the cheap price."
Room wasn't bad. The mattress looked a little dirty underneath the sheets. When the hotel service came in the next day they didn't change the sheets after I got a small stain on them. The bathroom was really small and the door of the bathroom wouldn't open all the way because it would hit the toilet. So I had to pull some spiderman style to get into the shower. Overall it wasn't terrible, but I wasn't expecting much either. The staff was really friendly and super super helpful.
4 night trip with friends Jun 4, 2014
Dr
"overpriced for bare bones basics"
overpriced for bare bones basics
2 night trip May 30, 2014
"Worried about past reviews"
I saw a sale on expedia for Hotel des Arts so I booked it. Afterwards I was nervous because of some negative reviews about cleanliness/bad part of town. I was pleasantly surprised! The room was clean, the staff were friendly, and the location was perfect! Lots of interesting areas within walking distance! The room was small and basic but there are so many places nearby to explore that you don't need to spend much time in your room. Breakfast was alright, nothing exciting. Parking was close by and cheap. I would stay here again. Maybe not a place for families (lots of strip clubs nearby and the occasional police siren)
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"For the price, the perfect place"
Just a room with a bed, bath, and not much beyond that. Could not beat the price for the location it provided, practically within walking distance to all the great parts of the city. Would absolutely stay here again.
2 night trip with friends May 23, 2014
Brendan
Great location. Included breakfast the rooms were OK. Bathroom was not very clean. And make sure you ask for a non smoking room.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"It Is What It Is"
Room was a tad cramped, not set up to optimize space. Also, the parking solution leaves a bit to be desired. That aside, it's not a bad hotel. The staff was pleasant, the room comfortable, and you're within a 15-20 minute walk or drive to many places. It's not the Ritz or Hilton by any stretch; it's a relatively budget-friendly place to sleep while in an amazing city.
Other trip May 22, 2014
Will
"This hotel is a little old but the stay was great."
All of the staff we encountered was great. Always pleasant and willing to assist you. The hotel is close to bus and metro. Easy access to walking to shops and attractions. Not easy to park a car. The breakfast in the morning is always the same....bagels, cereal, fruit, juice, coffee, variety of breads......but always fresh and plenty for everyone. It is not the Hilton but for a reasonable price it is great. Would stay there again.
Other trip May 18, 2014
nicole
"Paid $50 deposit and not get it back"
When I checked in they asked me to pay $50 (canadian dollars) for deposit. When I checked out, they said that $50 would go back to my credit card. But it has been three days since I checked out, my money is still not returned to my credit card yet. Also, the bathtub looks very old and dirty.
4 night business trip May 6, 2014
Hang
"Car was towed from parking lot, had to pay $116"
This Hotel is not was strange from the moment we started trying to find it in Montreal. It is in a back ally on a very steep road that we must have driven by four times before we found it. The only staff person sits at the front desk all day (Where the complementary breakfast is). Our one night stay lead to our car getting towed and I had to pay $116. The concierge gave us specific instructions where to park Down The Street and I made sure to park exactly where we were supposed to. The parking lot even requires you to buy a $10 24 hour parking pass. That was fine with me until my car was towed and the hotel wouldn't do anything about it. The tow service didn't understand what the hotel had done to us so we had to furiously hand over our last dollars from the night before. Im pretty sure this hotel has a deal going on with the tow company because they can't make enough money through legitimate guests. Save yourself a huge hassle, pay more than $75 to stay at another hotel!
1 night trip May 6, 2014
Guest
"Decent for the money"
The place is not too bad but there were spiders in the room. I got bit twice and that kinda ruined my peace at the hotel. The person at the reception took about 25 min to check me in and that made me upset. Other than that, the hotel is fine if you're looking for something cheap.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Not so much bad but"
At first, location is not so much convenient. Near doun town and old Montreal but actually not near. staffs were nice but cleaning lady couldn't speak English. Free breakfast was good.
Other trip May 4, 2014
"Easy to walk to many areas."
Staff was accommodating. Older hotel, but the rooms were adequate and clean. The location was very good. Easy to walk into downtown and the old city. Subway station one block down.
3 night family trip Apr 24, 2014
"No recommed"
I stayed here 3 nights beside elevator hall. My wife and I could not sleep for the noise of elevator in whole night.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
Sun
"You get what you pay for"
Located in poor section of Montreal. Parking a pain! Off site and not cheap. Paper thin walls So you can hear your neighbors. We had 2 queen beds which one bed was slanted about 40%. The towels were thin and itchy. Once was enough.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Kind Staff"
The staff is really nice. We had to move to a bigger room and they were very efficient of doing so. They also spoke very well French and English. Parking space, however, was about 2 blocks away, but the staff kindly helped us to get there. The breakfast is also very good.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Frugality not worth this"
The staff was friendly and helpful, but this dated hotel needs a lot of TLC. The room may have been clean, but masked by a dirty AC unit that dispelled an unpleasant fragrance and the bathroom had tile stains that made it look unclean. For a evening, would have been great, but we booked another hotel for the remainder of the week despite not being refunded the money for this room. Lesson learned.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
A
"Not too bad for its price"
Small hotel at good location. Most tourist attractions are within walking distance. No laundry facility and parking will be a problem.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
"Fantastic Hotel"
This hotel is not a fancy place, but it is in a great location. It has a decent continental breakfast. There is cereal and bananas and bagels and croissants and orange juice and coffee. It is fairly inexpensive too. I would stay here every time i visit Montreal.
2 night trip Apr 11, 2014