All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here0455 Southwest Hamilton Court, Portland, OR, 97239, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Lake view"
Staff helpful and friendly. Valet parking was convenient. View from our room was amazing!
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
JFloro
"Better value elsewhere."
The room was Dim. Obviously they are into energy conservation but they went way too far because it was uncomfortably dim. Despite the name Rivers Edge and the mention of river views, there were only pathetic glimpses through the trees. The $25 charge for parking was absurd. The area that the hotel is in isn't nice enough to support the room prices.
1 night romance trip Nov 24, 2014
Dorothy
"very good value but bring your own food"
The hotel furnishings are "gently used" overall staff are very pleasant and helpful. Bed was decent not great. Off site restaurant with poor and very expensive breakfast a big down side. Spa is good, king corner suite excellent value. Expedia average room rate price matched for an extended stay. Construction on the building was annoying in the mornings.
"Location"
The location is perfect for going to City concerts and dinner without driving through the congestion. Hotel sponsors lemo service into the City. You need to cab it back for only $9.00. Room has all the necessities and excellent restaurant next door. Reasonably priced.
GrammySan
"Nice place."
Quality hotel right on the river. One nice restaurant and a little spendy.
1 night business trip Nov 3, 2014
"You must stay here!"
absolutely awesome. huge room!!! huge bathroom!!!! soooo clean!!!! only bad things was the parking. they charge over 20 bucks a day (and then tips on top of that) for valet and they park the cars about 100 feet away.
2 night romance trip Oct 30, 2014
Andrea
"Very nice hotel."
Clean, comfortable room on the river side. Hotel is only two blocks from the street car line which gives you access to most of the down town area. Staff is friendly and they gave us a ride to our dinner destination, door to door. My wife and I both had massages at the spa.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
"So-so hotel."
If you're visiting, it's in an out-of-the way location so it is difficult to get around without a car. The public transportation system is several blocks away. Although the hotel has a shuttle, it is very limited to what it will do and not publicized unless you have a helpful desk clerk. No shuttle to and from the airport. The employees are pleasant for the most part - some are more helpful and knowledgable than others. Not worth the price.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Ray
"Our weekend in Portland@ Riverside Hotel & Spa"
We flew out from Atlanta a to spend the weekend with our friend and her Daughter. The room was so beautiful, the food was delicious and the bathroom was perfection in our room with a River View and Balcony. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Portland, Oregon...
2 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2014
Leslie Dyer
"Seattle Trip"
Great location and good food.
1 night business trip Sep 30, 2014
Ragan
"Wonderful stay until we got a big surprise."
Our stay was mostly positive. The room kind of overlooked the river. A stand of cottonwoods blocked our view but not the hotels fault. The room was medium sized but very dim. Not enough lighting. The restaurant that serves the hotel was excellent. We did get a surprise upon check out. One of the reasons I chose this hotel was they did not charge for parking, however, upon checkout found they charged $25 a day. I did not protest because I thought I might have missed it. Nor were the rates disclosed upon checking in. Bad form. In addition, I went online through Expedia and could not find anything regarding the parking rates. I don't know if this was Expedia's fault or the hotels but definitely soured our stay and we will not stay again on our return visit.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
Bonnie
"Very Nice Suite View and Spa, ALMOST Excellent"
Stayed in the River View Suite with Fireplace and Spa Tub, room was very good overall, but lacked the attention to detail one should expect in the premier suite of the hotel...in particular the toilet seats were old and had yellowing/corrosion of some kind around the edges...they were clean however, it was just so out of place in a deluxe suite like this. The front door also had an issue, it would not open or close without a LOT of noise, which was irritating. They allow dogs apparently, and every time I opened or closed the door to our suite, no matter how carefully, the dog in the room across the hall would start barking.While using the very nice spa tub, with my girlfriend, our phone started ringing, which we ignored, then someone started banging on our door! They said water was leaking into the room below us.When I brought it up with the front desk and complained about the interruption, they offered me the room at their normal Sunday rate and acted like they were giving me a special deal because of my inconvenience. I had already negotiated an even lower rate with a different person but hadn't pulled the trigger yet...This suite was very nice as was the spa, however the lack of attention to detail and the dishonesty of the person who offered me the 'good deal' on an extra day really took a lot of the shine off. The speakerphone in the living room also needed to be replaced, all this points to poor management. The Hotel, staff and location are excellent nonetheless
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
Glen
"Nice hotel along on the river"
Great hotel, very comfortable. Staff was friendly and would stay here again.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"This is a keeper"
We return to this hotel every time we're in Portland. Gorgeous location, gorgeous accommodations. I would give it a five star, but I found the service a bit lacking this time. Every time I called the front desk, no one answered, even when I let it ring for over a minute. Everything else is beyond reproach.
1 night trip Sep 23, 2014
Mm
"amazing restaurant in a good hotel."
The restaurant was amazing. I bought a to-go cup of the chef's jam of the day to take home with me. Really one of the best meals I've ever had. The room was clean and nice, though a little overpriced for the remoteness of the location. The lightswitches in the bathroom were oddly located. But I would definitely recommend this hotel.
1 night trip Sep 24, 2014
"Great staff but only a good hotel"
For the most part, this was a very nice hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful with suggestions for things to see and do. The hotel is a little out of the way but they do provide a free shuttle service to many of the part of downtown Portland so it did make it easy to get around. The setting was beautiful and walking along the river was a lovely way to spend time. The food at the restaurant was really good as well. The only complaints I have are minor but do make the difference between a great hotel and a good one. One issue I had was the lack of cleanliness of our balcony. There were spider webs everywhere and the table was covered in dirt. Not a horrible thing but still, such a simple thing to pay attention to. There was no clock in our room which seemed odd even to the front desk but they did manage to locate one and bring it up. Also, housekeeping kept taking our coffee mugs and wine glasses but not replacing them. One morning, we left at 8 am and came back to the room at 4 pm and the room appeared to have been cleaned but was left half done. There were garbage bags left next to the empty cans but not placed in them, towels missing, etc. On our last night, we wanted to stay in the room and watch a movie but the hotel does not have any sort of pay per view or movie channels which was odd in this day and age. All in all, I would stay there again but I would really hope that they could increase their attention to the little details.
4 night trip with friends Sep 18, 2014
"Needed to relax"
Did not like the feather pillows and did not find out until check out they could of been changed. Something should of been in the room saying this.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
"BEAUTIFUL"
We loved our stay. The room was so nice and spacious. would return!
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Bailey
"Nice and clean hotel"
couldn't ask for a better hotel; it was clean, neat and the staff couldn't be more helpful. 4 stars to not only the hotel but the entire staff as well.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
"Great experience, even with toddler."
We stayed at the River's Edge this week with our two year old for a quick family trip. We've been to Portland before, and this was our favorite hotel so far. The location was perfect, staff accommodating and forgiving of our wild child.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
"Very nice hotel. Great staff. Great restaurant."
We very very happy with our stay.
1 night trip Sep 10, 2014
Great hotel. Great views. Very clean. Perfect location.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
good place for out of the way
1 night trip Sep 9, 2014
"Watch out for the extras!"
Loved this hotel. The staff was excellent both in the hotel and the adjoining restaurant. Our only disappointment was the $25 a day parking fee for our car. (We should have read the small print!). The cars were parked within 100 feet of the hotel but they had mandatory valet parking, which ended up costing us about $10 dollars a day in tips. Overall, a wonderful place!
3 night trip Sep 3, 2014
"Exectly as advertised"
Great room overlooking the river, although the trees blocked the view somewhat. Super friendly staff. Borrowed the bikes one morning and rode over to a new residential area for coffee then along the river. Had a blast. It is a couple of miles from downtown, but we knew that going in. The restaurant was great but the bar could be open later than 9:30... Overall it was a great stay.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Great location near downtown Portland. Friendly staff.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Bad Bed"
The hotel was nice. Cool location, decent price, etc. The one and only thing I would say is that the bed we had was pretty old. I felt like I was sleeping in a ditch. Both my wife and I got a poor nights sleep as a result. The bed does not have to be the most comfortable thing in the world, but the one we had was one of the more uncomfortable I have ever slept on.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2014
"Super hotel."
Great location. Everyone was very nice. Stayed in both types of room, defiantly recommend the river view, much nicer
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
Deb
"Very nice, but not a central location"
If you are looking for relaxation, this is your place. However, you will be "far" away from everything Portland has to offer. There is a shuttle to take you to the Max hub though.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"Worst Hotel Ever"
I have stayed at many hotels in the downton Portland area. I picked this one because of the spa. This hotel is disgusting and not worth the $280.OO per night. The location sucks, when I opened the closet, it smelled like mold, mildew. I had to hang my clothes all over the room. The coffe was not replenished on a daily basis. The rug looks like it hasn't been cleaned for years. Just disgusting. I do NOT recommend this hotel to anybody. They need to revamp this hotel big time.
4 night trip Aug 29, 2014
cindy
"Genuine 4 Star Hotel"
After reading the reviews I was a bit concerned about this hotel location and amenities. I was proven wrong. The hotel felt upscale and was a genuine 4 star hotel. We stayed in a Riverview King Room, which was good size, clean, quiet, and comfortable. The bonus was the deck. The hotel offers a spa, gym, morning coffee in the lobby, and river trail access. I loved having the deck, it would be nice if it had a bit more privacy, but really no complaints. We sat on it and had a glass of wine. If you want to feel like you are getting away from everything, yet have access to all city amenities, this place is great. If you want to be in walking distance of downtown (shops, museums, cafes), this might not be the hotel for you. But, after staying recently in two other four star hotels downtown, I will return to Rivers Edge.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
J.
"Loved this hotel"
The hotel was great. The room was spacious. We used the bikes and rode around the path. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful.
2 night family trip Aug 27, 2014
"riverside getaway"
We only stayed overnight but hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The location is lovely and a morning walk/jog along the river is a great way to start the day. Decor is appealing and in good condition.
1 night trip Aug 26, 2014
Deb
"Biggest disappointment in Portland"
Went to this hotel expecting to be able to river watch. Got stuck with a room that overlooked the highway and was told there were no upgrades available. Upgrades??? I paid top dollar for this room! On top of that, I had to give my credit card for mandatory $25 concierge parking, PLUS every time we asked for our car you were expected to tip, of course. Then there was the "green" toilet. We were apparently next to the obnoxious main green toilet pump, so every time someone used their toilet, we heard "gloppa gloppa gloppa". All in all, a horrible experience.
1 night trip Aug 27, 2014
Barb
"Great customer service"
We loved it. The front desk was remarkably accommodating. The rooms were beautiful. The location was ideal. It was our wedding anniversary and they brought up a bottle of champagne and some chocolate. Couldn't recommend this place any more highly.
2 night trip Aug 24, 2014
Katherine
"too expensive for what we received"
The hotel is by the river and that's nice. But for $300 a night and I overlooked the fans for the lower floor was horrible. The room was clean and nice and the beds were good. The hotel food was next door and again a bit pricy and not children friendly.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
"Warm inviting hotel"
We spent 3 nights at the River's Edge. The room was lovely and hotel staff were terrific. We had a great view without requesting one. The environs were quiet and the room well-appointed. The valets were always quick, though it is a little unfortunate to have to depend on valets to get your car in and out of the hotel parking. While the hotel itself was great, I would not recommend the restaurant. We waited 45 minutes to get our food. Some of our food did not ever get to us (toast, syrup). One of the dishes had a spoiled smell to it. Also I had selected an hour treatment at the spa. The technician only spent about 20 minutes and did not provide the complete treatment. She said she had to go to her "other job" and left the building. She was nice and the front desk staff were nice and reduced the price of my treatment accordingly... It was the ancillary services that really made our rating a 4 instead of a 5. But the hotel itself was lovely.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Vicki
"Decent romantic getaway"
Not bad. Valet parking was unexpected and a separate cost which I did not Ike. It would have been nice if there was a package deal for couples.
1 night romance trip Aug 17, 2014
Hoerth
"challenging to find"
The location of this hotel was wonderful, right on the Willamette River with a bike and walking path just a few feet out the front entrance. Navigating to the hotel was a challenge, even with Google maps and the Magellan system. The hotel is located just south of the core downtown area of Portland, in a beautiful older section, with obstructed street signs, and mostly secondary streets. Once you figure it though, getting around becomes just the usual Portland tangle of highways and bridges. The hotel does offer a nice shuttle for the non-drivers.
4 night business trip Aug 14, 2014
Very clean and comfortable. Could have more options for room service
3 night trip Aug 12, 2014
Liz
"Nice, quiet hotel."
Our stay was pleasant, enjoyed the river view and balcony. The bed was comfy and the layout of the room made it easy to relax and hang out. The restroom is roomy and featured a very nice stone shower as well as a jacuzzi tub. The valets were all friendly and helpful, we took full advantage of the town car service, however a cab back from downtown will run you around $15. Happy hour at Aquariva was delicious as was our breakfast in-room the next morning. I would certainly visit again, it's not extraordinarily luxurious, but it doesn't have to be; the simplicity makes River's Edge a peaceful retreat in an otherwise hectic city.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2014
"So relaxing!"
Even though I was there on business, this hotel was about as comfortable as it gets. The concierge was wonderful and courteous throughout the 4 days I stayed. Tony at the bar was great!
"rather nice hotel"
Although I didn't have a chance to take advantage of the spa, the River's Edge Hotel and Spa is a nice place to stay. The staff was very nice, the attached restaurant is excellent (had a fantastic dinner) and the overall feel of the place is very good. The location is a little off the beaten path, which I found mildly inconvenient. It was also rather expensive. But, as I said, it was nice....
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"Lovely hotel on the water"
Great hotel, great views, exceptionally friendly and accommodating staff. A little but hard to get to and not much within walking distance. But this also makes it a great place to get away from it all.
"Very comfortable"
My daughter has stayed here before and recemended it to us. The staff was so friendly. They made us feel at home. It is easy to get to and you just pull up and they take your car. They were always so friendly and did not mind us coming and going. We ate at the restaurant. It was great very good service. I will go back as soon as possible. This is for sure the place to stay. The view is wonderful and the pathway is great to walk on.
Melinda
expensive for the accommodations
2 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"Portland"
We enjoyed our stay at the Rivers Edge the location on the river is beautiful and quiet, access to various parts of Portland by car or streetcar is easy. We loved borrowing hotel bikes and riding around Portland!
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
"great"
the lady that checked us in was the very best. God bless her it was our wedding night aug 3 and she went all out to make us happy.
1 night romance trip Aug 3, 2014
rodney hollowell
"Surprisingly good hotel"
Very nice location. As a last minute stay, I expected to be in a 2 star style hotel. To my surprise it is definitely upwards of 4 stars. I will be back.
3 night business trip Aug 3, 2014
"Decent stay"
nothing spectacular about this hotel. it's a good choice for a clean, well located hotel.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014