All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here0455 Southwest Hamilton Court, Portland, OR, 97239, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"amazing restaurant in a good hotel."
The restaurant was amazing. I bought a to-go cup of the chef's jam of the day to take home with me. Really one of the best meals I've ever had. The room was clean and nice, though a little overpriced for the remoteness of the location. The lightswitches in the bathroom were oddly located. But I would definitely recommend this hotel.
1 night trip Sep 24, 2014
"Great staff but only a good hotel"
For the most part, this was a very nice hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful with suggestions for things to see and do. The hotel is a little out of the way but they do provide a free shuttle service to many of the part of downtown Portland so it did make it easy to get around. The setting was beautiful and walking along the river was a lovely way to spend time. The food at the restaurant was really good as well. The only complaints I have are minor but do make the difference between a great hotel and a good one. One issue I had was the lack of cleanliness of our balcony. There were spider webs everywhere and the table was covered in dirt. Not a horrible thing but still, such a simple thing to pay attention to. There was no clock in our room which seemed odd even to the front desk but they did manage to locate one and bring it up. Also, housekeeping kept taking our coffee mugs and wine glasses but not replacing them. One morning, we left at 8 am and came back to the room at 4 pm and the room appeared to have been cleaned but was left half done. There were garbage bags left next to the empty cans but not placed in them, towels missing, etc. On our last night, we wanted to stay in the room and watch a movie but the hotel does not have any sort of pay per view or movie channels which was odd in this day and age. All in all, I would stay there again but I would really hope that they could increase their attention to the little details.
4 night trip with friends Sep 18, 2014
"Needed to relax"
Did not like the feather pillows and did not find out until check out they could of been changed. Something should of been in the room saying this.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
"BEAUTIFUL"
We loved our stay. The room was so nice and spacious. would return!
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Bailey
"Nice and clean hotel"
couldn't ask for a better hotel; it was clean, neat and the staff couldn't be more helpful. 4 stars to not only the hotel but the entire staff as well.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
"Great experience, even with toddler."
We stayed at the River's Edge this week with our two year old for a quick family trip. We've been to Portland before, and this was our favorite hotel so far. The location was perfect, staff accommodating and forgiving of our wild child.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
"Very nice hotel. Great staff. Great restaurant."
We very very happy with our stay.
1 night trip Sep 10, 2014
Great hotel. Great views. Very clean. Perfect location.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
good place for out of the way
1 night trip Sep 9, 2014
"Watch out for the extras!"
Loved this hotel. The staff was excellent both in the hotel and the adjoining restaurant. Our only disappointment was the $25 a day parking fee for our car. (We should have read the small print!). The cars were parked within 100 feet of the hotel but they had mandatory valet parking, which ended up costing us about $10 dollars a day in tips. Overall, a wonderful place!
3 night trip Sep 3, 2014
"Exectly as advertised"
Great room overlooking the river, although the trees blocked the view somewhat. Super friendly staff. Borrowed the bikes one morning and rode over to a new residential area for coffee then along the river. Had a blast. It is a couple of miles from downtown, but we knew that going in. The restaurant was great but the bar could be open later than 9:30... Overall it was a great stay.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Great location near downtown Portland. Friendly staff.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Bad Bed"
The hotel was nice. Cool location, decent price, etc. The one and only thing I would say is that the bed we had was pretty old. I felt like I was sleeping in a ditch. Both my wife and I got a poor nights sleep as a result. The bed does not have to be the most comfortable thing in the world, but the one we had was one of the more uncomfortable I have ever slept on.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2014
"Super hotel."
Great location. Everyone was very nice. Stayed in both types of room, defiantly recommend the river view, much nicer
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
Deb
"Very nice, but not a central location"
If you are looking for relaxation, this is your place. However, you will be "far" away from everything Portland has to offer. There is a shuttle to take you to the Max hub though.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"Worst Hotel Ever"
I have stayed at many hotels in the downton Portland area. I picked this one because of the spa. This hotel is disgusting and not worth the $280.OO per night. The location sucks, when I opened the closet, it smelled like mold, mildew. I had to hang my clothes all over the room. The coffe was not replenished on a daily basis. The rug looks like it hasn't been cleaned for years. Just disgusting. I do NOT recommend this hotel to anybody. They need to revamp this hotel big time.
4 night trip Aug 29, 2014
cindy
"Genuine 4 Star Hotel"
After reading the reviews I was a bit concerned about this hotel location and amenities. I was proven wrong. The hotel felt upscale and was a genuine 4 star hotel. We stayed in a Riverview King Room, which was good size, clean, quiet, and comfortable. The bonus was the deck. The hotel offers a spa, gym, morning coffee in the lobby, and river trail access. I loved having the deck, it would be nice if it had a bit more privacy, but really no complaints. We sat on it and had a glass of wine. If you want to feel like you are getting away from everything, yet have access to all city amenities, this place is great. If you want to be in walking distance of downtown (shops, museums, cafes), this might not be the hotel for you. But, after staying recently in two other four star hotels downtown, I will return to Rivers Edge.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
J.
"Loved this hotel"
The hotel was great. The room was spacious. We used the bikes and rode around the path. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful.
2 night family trip Aug 27, 2014
"riverside getaway"
We only stayed overnight but hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The location is lovely and a morning walk/jog along the river is a great way to start the day. Decor is appealing and in good condition.
1 night trip Aug 26, 2014
Deb
"Biggest disappointment in Portland"
Went to this hotel expecting to be able to river watch. Got stuck with a room that overlooked the highway and was told there were no upgrades available. Upgrades??? I paid top dollar for this room! On top of that, I had to give my credit card for mandatory $25 concierge parking, PLUS every time we asked for our car you were expected to tip, of course. Then there was the "green" toilet. We were apparently next to the obnoxious main green toilet pump, so every time someone used their toilet, we heard "gloppa gloppa gloppa". All in all, a horrible experience.
1 night trip Aug 27, 2014
Barb
"Great customer service"
We loved it. The front desk was remarkably accommodating. The rooms were beautiful. The location was ideal. It was our wedding anniversary and they brought up a bottle of champagne and some chocolate. Couldn't recommend this place any more highly.
2 night trip Aug 24, 2014
Katherine
"too expensive for what we received"
The hotel is by the river and that's nice. But for $300 a night and I overlooked the fans for the lower floor was horrible. The room was clean and nice and the beds were good. The hotel food was next door and again a bit pricy and not children friendly.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
"Warm inviting hotel"
We spent 3 nights at the River's Edge. The room was lovely and hotel staff were terrific. We had a great view without requesting one. The environs were quiet and the room well-appointed. The valets were always quick, though it is a little unfortunate to have to depend on valets to get your car in and out of the hotel parking. While the hotel itself was great, I would not recommend the restaurant. We waited 45 minutes to get our food. Some of our food did not ever get to us (toast, syrup). One of the dishes had a spoiled smell to it. Also I had selected an hour treatment at the spa. The technician only spent about 20 minutes and did not provide the complete treatment. She said she had to go to her "other job" and left the building. She was nice and the front desk staff were nice and reduced the price of my treatment accordingly... It was the ancillary services that really made our rating a 4 instead of a 5. But the hotel itself was lovely.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Vicki
"Decent romantic getaway"
Not bad. Valet parking was unexpected and a separate cost which I did not Ike. It would have been nice if there was a package deal for couples.
1 night romance trip Aug 17, 2014
Hoerth
"challenging to find"
The location of this hotel was wonderful, right on the Willamette River with a bike and walking path just a few feet out the front entrance. Navigating to the hotel was a challenge, even with Google maps and the Magellan system. The hotel is located just south of the core downtown area of Portland, in a beautiful older section, with obstructed street signs, and mostly secondary streets. Once you figure it though, getting around becomes just the usual Portland tangle of highways and bridges. The hotel does offer a nice shuttle for the non-drivers.
4 night business trip Aug 14, 2014
Very clean and comfortable. Could have more options for room service
3 night trip Aug 12, 2014
Liz
"Nice, quiet hotel."
Our stay was pleasant, enjoyed the river view and balcony. The bed was comfy and the layout of the room made it easy to relax and hang out. The restroom is roomy and featured a very nice stone shower as well as a jacuzzi tub. The valets were all friendly and helpful, we took full advantage of the town car service, however a cab back from downtown will run you around $15. Happy hour at Aquariva was delicious as was our breakfast in-room the next morning. I would certainly visit again, it's not extraordinarily luxurious, but it doesn't have to be; the simplicity makes River's Edge a peaceful retreat in an otherwise hectic city.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2014
"So relaxing!"
Even though I was there on business, this hotel was about as comfortable as it gets. The concierge was wonderful and courteous throughout the 4 days I stayed. Tony at the bar was great!
"rather nice hotel"
Although I didn't have a chance to take advantage of the spa, the River's Edge Hotel and Spa is a nice place to stay. The staff was very nice, the attached restaurant is excellent (had a fantastic dinner) and the overall feel of the place is very good. The location is a little off the beaten path, which I found mildly inconvenient. It was also rather expensive. But, as I said, it was nice....
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"Lovely hotel on the water"
Great hotel, great views, exceptionally friendly and accommodating staff. A little but hard to get to and not much within walking distance. But this also makes it a great place to get away from it all.
"Very comfortable"
My daughter has stayed here before and recemended it to us. The staff was so friendly. They made us feel at home. It is easy to get to and you just pull up and they take your car. They were always so friendly and did not mind us coming and going. We ate at the restaurant. It was great very good service. I will go back as soon as possible. This is for sure the place to stay. The view is wonderful and the pathway is great to walk on.
Melinda
expensive for the accommodations
2 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"Portland"
We enjoyed our stay at the Rivers Edge the location on the river is beautiful and quiet, access to various parts of Portland by car or streetcar is easy. We loved borrowing hotel bikes and riding around Portland!
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
"great"
the lady that checked us in was the very best. God bless her it was our wedding night aug 3 and she went all out to make us happy.
1 night romance trip Aug 3, 2014
rodney hollowell
"Surprisingly good hotel"
Very nice location. As a last minute stay, I expected to be in a 2 star style hotel. To my surprise it is definitely upwards of 4 stars. I will be back.
3 night business trip Aug 3, 2014
"Decent stay"
nothing spectacular about this hotel. it's a good choice for a clean, well located hotel.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"enjoyable, relaxing location within reach"
The stay was very enjoyable and the staff very helpful. One issue: had been told I would receive a call back regarding my request for early check-in and the call never came. Other than that the location and amenities were very nice.
1 night trip Jul 29, 2014
"River's Edge Hotel & Spa"
Great hotel. Our suite was fantastic- great view of the river, elegant, spacious, and clean. Service was great and hotel was close to public transportation. Didn't need our car to tour downtown Portland.
2 night trip Jul 28, 2014
"Short but sweet"
We had a great experience. Team was accommodating and friendly. Gym was nice as well as the restaurant next door. It was conveniently located!
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
"Expected so much more"
The initial impression when driving up to the hotel was nice as it sits on the river bank, even though its located in a business district. The lobby was pleasant and the staff attentive and friendly. Unfortunately, on closer inspection you notice how tired and worn the building and rooms look. Also there was no hair dryer in the room, nor clean drinking classes in the bathroom, and the "do not disturb" sign was missing. We had these corrected, but then we noticed the standard sign in the room that states if you forgot any items the front desk would be happy to supply them. So we asked for a toothbrush, a basic hotel item, they did not have one nor did the staff seem to know that it was hotel policy to supply them if needed by a client. When I asked the front desk who owned this establishment I was told the OLN group. When I asked how they liked working for them, I received hesitant and luke warm response, basically the impression was they did not like their bosses. Given there skill sets I can see training takes a back seat. On a positive note the restaurant Aquariva was very good and sitting by the river was very pleasant. The waitstaff was attentive and friendly. Finally, the only way this hotel is four stars is if previous reviewers are not very experienced travelers or not used to high-end hotels. This is a three star hotel at best.
3 night romance trip Jul 24, 2014
Lee
"Nice location, clean"
Nice room, clean and very well situated. We had a great gym, spa access and use of bikes. Restaurant was nice and convenient.
2 night business trip Jul 26, 2014
Beatriz
"Air conditioner system."
Terrible noise from air conditioner system. Had to request wake up call twice. Some staff not friendly.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
Betty
"Wonderful Stay in SW Portland"
My wife, son and I really enjoyed our stay at the River's Edge Hotel. This was our first visit/vacation to Portland. Our room was very clean, the beds were super comfy and our view of the river from our deck was nice. My wife enjoyed the separate bath and shower in a large bathroom. The staff was friendly and helpful. There's a nice walking/biking path steps from the hotel that follows the river. The hotel has bikes to use free of charge! There's also some very nice local places to eat at within walking distance. Two thumbs up!
3 night family trip Jul 15, 2014
Todd
Good hotel. Good quality comfort and scenery
3 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Cozy hotel with wonderful staff and amenities"
Our 4 night stay was incredible. We were upgraded from hillside to riverside for free for booking with expedia. Everyone associated with the was friendly and extremely helpful with recommendations and tips about the city. Hotel provided free day passes to the street car which was a very short walk from the hotel. The fitness center is large with newer equipment and yoga class was included at no charge. The valet/shuttle was very easy to schedule and far more comfortable than a cab. Bikes were also available for free, and the valet provided us with great instructions and a map to get around. I really cannot say enough great things about this hotel. Even the coffee in the lobby was great!
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
kelly
"Beautiful Hotel, Ugly Experience."
Check in time is 4 p.m. My room was not ready until 4:50 which would not have been an issue except I had rented the 1,400 square ft suite for a surprise bachelorette party. Wasnt much of a surprise since the room was not ready before the bride arrived. The toilet in the bedrrom was broken and overflowing, when I called the front desk to report my issue, the clerk responded by saying "well I can bring you up a plunger." There was no longer a television as advertised in the main living area of the suite. The pull-out sofa bed was broken and the hotel was all out of rolling cots even though my expensive suite was now short on sleeping space. The dining area was not fully cleaned and the coffee pot still had coffee from the previous guests. The hotel had a bar/restaurant with only one bar tender and no servers/waut staff inside. It took me 15 minutes to get a drink only to find that I had to change my drink selection 5 times because the bar manager didnt believe in carrying flavored liquor. So I couldnt even have a simple maragita! A shuttle is supposed to be complimentary with the cost of the stay but when I went to schedule a pick up with valet at 6 p.m. I was told I wouldn't be able to get anything until 10 p.m. and they could call me a cab, my cab never came and another guest felt so bad for me they gave up their cab so I could meet my party down town.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Jada
The hotel is really south of the downtown core. Fine if you want solitude but not convenient for walking into town.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"Very nice hotel"
Great hotel. The description led me to believe it was much closer to "downtown" Portland, so this was disappointing. You must pay $25 per night for valet. And it is a hike to get to the trolley station if you are not used to walking. But, the hotel itself is lovely.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"Small things hurt"
Rooms were not ready at 4 after riding 205 miles and needing a shower, got offered some wimpy comps ($20) Could not get coffee makers out of the "closet", coffee pack was not sealed and spilled all over Noisy ventilation Bad service for breakfast, 3 people running around with no direction, training an issue
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"Top notch Hotel"
Really enjoyed our stay. We were in town for a convention, brought out bikes and rode easily to and from the city center across the river and down from the hotel. Close to downtown with entertainment and shopping. Also fine dining nearby and a bakery for breakfast just down teh street near the OHSU gondola base. Lovejoy Bakery. Staff was great and accomadated all our requests including a place to stow our bikes. They even have hotel bikes you can use if you cant bring your own which is probably the case for most people. Room was clean, bedding wonderful. It was a near 100 degree weekend and the A/C kept up with no problem. Stayed in one of the two king bed rooms with frig. Plenty of room for 4 people. Used the sauna and steam rooms as well and were very pleased with this amenity. All and all very satisfied with our stay and we will be back.
3 night trip Jul 10, 2014