All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
0455 Southwest Hamilton CourtPortlandOR97239United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Wellness Area
    Great wellness & sports facilities
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is awesome
    Delicious food
    Breakfast is average
    Quite clean
"A good place to relax but not for downtown walking"
The only down side is that the hotel is situated on the far edge of downtown not within walking distance as we expected. - Hotel and restaurant have a nice view of the river. - Room is not so spacious but clean and comfortable. - Front desk staffs and valet parking attendants are very nice, courteous. - There are other amenities like loaner bikes, spa... But we didn't have time to use.
3 night romance trip Oct 20, 2015
Thai
"A lovely weekend getaway"
A lovely getaway. Bicycles are available - and great to ride along the river
2 night romance trip Oct 3, 2015
"Great hotel. But.."
This was a great hotel. Except for valet stealing sunglasses out of our car.
1 night romance trip Oct 2, 2015
"River's Edge....Really!"
Was at the hotel briefly as we arrived late and left after breakfast. The location was beauiful. It seemed like a strange spot for a hotel, not really in the middle of what out-of -town visitors might be expecting. But....it's a hotel and SPA, so for a get away it would be perfect. Not far from downtown. Was an easy drive. It's a beautiful location, right on the river. The restaurant is overlooking a running path and the river. Beautiful!!!! Staff was very helpful and friendly. Room/bathroom was large and clean! Would definitely stay there again and try the spa!
1 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
"Very nice, but spendy!"
My wife and I only had one night to spend away from home and needed a place close to home. Everything was nice, but the price was spendy.
1 night romance trip Oct 2, 2015
Mikel
"Fantastic Stay"
Fantastic stay - staff was helpful and very accommodating. Spa was totally amazing. Restaurant was also really good. Our room was very clean and included many special touches.
1 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2015
"Very nice, will return"
Staff was great; really liked the door me/Valet parkers -- Place is on the river w/ Bike paths, with free loaner bikes in daytime, and free access to Spa w/ hot tub. Close enough to downtown, just a bit tricky driving there the first time
2 night business trip Sep 23, 2015
Evan
"Just as it should be"
Everything about the hotel was just as it should be. Beds very comfortable and I like that ALL the bedding is washed, not just the sheets. Abundant breakfast...something for everyone. The manager went out of his way for us by driving into our dinner reservation when taxis were not available.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Cynthia
"Relaxing retreat with easy downtown access."
Lovely hotel. Stayed here for a combo of family visit/tourist trip/spa vacay. The waterfront balcony rooms are worth the cost, even though you do not have a clear water view through the trees. Hotel and spa staff were all very nice. Spa facilities are small but immaculate. The valet parking service was flawless. There is not much nearby street parking, so if you have a car, you have very little choice but to use the valet at $25 per night. The on-sight restaurant is very good. The room service menu is limited, but tasty. Loved the location - easy access to downtown and major roadways.
8 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
Katie
"We'll be back!"
Super nice staff, great view of the river, delicious restaurant, and a great walking path down the river. Only issue was the complementary bikes weren't so great. Kind of cheap.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Stephen
Smaller Boutique hotel. Great restaurant adjacent to hotel. Quite setting with views and walking trail along the Willamette River.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2015
"Great People, Great Location and Great Hotel"
Everyone at the hotel was super friendly and very helpful. The rooms were very comfortable and roomy! The only issue we had was the shower drain wasn't working so when showering the tub filled with water and took over 8 hours to completely drain out. This was a little bit problematic as there were four of us who needed to shower. I let the front desk know and they were going to send the maintenance in after we checked out. Besides that, everything was FANTASTIC. Would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip with friends Sep 22, 2015
Rebecca
"Great Hotel on the Water's Edge"
We stayed for the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed their adjoining restaurant, Aquariva. We had room service one night, went to the restaurant for breakfast the next morning and enjoyed beautiful river views and then had breakfast room service the next day--complete with Bloody Marys! We enjoyed walking along the promenade on Saturday and went to Buffalo Gap for dinner, which is excellent and only about 2 miles away. They also have a free shuttle that will take you into Downtown Portland. The honor bar is fully stocked, and I definitely took advantage of that. I also took advantage of their awesome spa facilities. I had a nice soak while my boyfriend watched football and enjoyed his breakfast in bed.
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
Dawn
"River's Edge"
Great stay but can't wait til the rates go down!!
1 night trip Sep 18, 2015
ANGELA
The hotel is nice, and the beds are so comfortable! We didn't have a chance to take advantage of the spa services available, but I'll definitely be back to try them out! The location of the hotel isn't too walkable to other parts of town, but between the hotel shuttle and transit options, we didn't need our car at all. I look forward to another stay at this hotel!
1 night trip with friends Sep 13, 2015
"Too expensive for what it is"
Comfortable room and good service, but not worth the money. I would much rather spend a more reasonable amount of money and do away with the valet car service and people opening doors for me. It's difficult to get to, and the closest free parking is just street parking a few blocks away. They have a shuttle service, but it only goes one way! If you want to get back to the hotel you will have to do so at your own expense. The only complimentary snacks or beverages I am aware of is the coffee in the spa.
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
"Beware, to anyone on the right side of politics!"
Warning: this hotel oozes the left side of politics! I'm my opinion, an establishment should not show such a hard core political side... The parking is horrendous, they call it modified valet... The parking is right there in front of the building but they will run you down so you don't park in the lot. We parked in the cul-de-sac right in front and they only moved our suv one time from where we parked it. We came and went regularly and they charged $25.00 for over night parking. If your staying there it is generally overnight...We were told that if we drove a hybrid ALL parking would be FREE! The spa only had one woman masseuse and she was booked and my girlfriend didnt want some strange man touching her. The Jacuzzi tubs are clothing optional and gender based, no commingling! I don't desire to sit naked with other men in a hot tub! The restaurant is right out of a horror story for anyone that eats normal food, nothing that isn't all natural. For instance the French toast was nut encrusted dry bread, not egg bread. The sausage had so much caraway and anis seasoning, it was dry meat that tasted like black licorice. I think you've got the idea. The waitress was fun but when I asked for milk with my breakfast, she replied, what kind..., I said, cows milk.., (and she said) WHAT IS THAT!.. Wow! Then when I explained what it was, she said, is that whole milk? (and) I don't drink that, we don't sell much of that here... I'm sure all reading this understands! I won't be back!
Other trip Sep 13, 2015
"Very Nice!"
Welcomed with a smile and everything correct as per our reservation request. From there it only got better. You cannot go wrong selecting this location to saty at.
Other trip Sep 10, 2015
"Nice Hotel and helpful friendly staff"
This was our first visit to Portland. We did not know what to expect but when we arrived at 9 p.m. we were looking for a place to eat. The valet gave us several suggestions which included the hotel's restaurant. Since we had a long day traveling we decided to stay. That was a great choice the food was great and so was the service. We especially would like to recognize a valet, Scottie. He was always helpful, pleasant, gave great directions, places to eat and visit.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
Alan
"Hotel experience"
The hotel and staff were rated pleasing or very pleasing. I couldnt give it all 5 dueto accessibily from the highway or its amenitites. One failure of expedia and the hotel web page is that the spa features are seperated for each gender. A traditional couple can not enjoy a jacuzzi together at the same time. I called to help book this hotel with expedia and they said it had a pool and other hot tub features. The web page made it look wasy to access when arriving. It was not. The good things were the hotel staff answered questions and provided personal views of where to visit and eat. The parking is right across from the hotel entrance but you have to use valet parking (?) -really.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
"river hotel stay"
Plumbing running through walls is very noisy. It's convenient to the freeway and that's all.
1 night business trip Aug 30, 2015
Ron
"River's Edge Hotel & Spa"
Our stay at the River's Edge Hotel & Spa was fantastic! The hotel is located along the waterfront of Willamette River in SW Portland. There is a walking/biking trail that runs next to the hotel and extends for a good distance in either direction and provides good views. The hotels provides bicycles free of charge for guest to use. The staff was very pleasant and the rooms were clean, large and well accommodated. We did use the spa services to get massages and they did an excellent job. The fitness center is large and has a variety of equipment for a thorough workout. I'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Portland area.
2 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Kenneth
"River's Edge Hotel and Spa"
Love the service here. Everyone from front desk to valet got it down. You can tell he management is training the employees well and it definitely shows. The room is clean, quiet, close to nature, but I don't like the shower stall and no tub option. Also the massage service is pricy $120/hr. If it's $100/hr and the room has bath tub it I would have given this hotel a perfect overall score. Oh yes the complimentary shuttle service to downtown and bike rental is a big plus!!! Would definitely stay here again but only in the suite with a tub :-)
2 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2015
Benjamin
"Beautiful Portland Digs"
We stayed here while we were dropping our daughter off at Lewis & Clark. (We noticed other families doing the same.) The location was great and the hotel was beautiful. It was fun to watch boats out on the river.
2 night family trip Aug 25, 2015
L L
We only stayed for a night, the hotel was absolutely amazing, and the ammenities are world class!
1 night romance trip Aug 23, 2015
Elisha
"More looks than substance."
If I had been at this hotel for the amenities as the main focus of my time spent, my review would be worse. I picked the hotel because it was very convenient to my friends apartment. The hotel was clean, in good shape (overall) and the staff was friendly. The issues started to pile up however; the ice machine on my floor stayed broken all 4 days spanning two different weeks. The bed had a nice topper to cover up the fact it was sagging. In the restaurant for breakfast my food was excellent, the service however was not. I had to ask a different server to bring my food to me after sitting around for 15 - 20 minutes of waiting in a mostly empty room. The food clearly had been sitting in the window for a while; good thing I'm not a stickler for scorching hot food. All and all the Hotel was a nice enough place, however for the money being paid it should have been a much nicer place then it was. They do have some nice perks, free bicycles to ride, a one-way shuttle service to get you to your destination, (if not back) and as I said, an overall pleasing atmosphere. I wouldn't say it's a place to avoid, but if it will be your main focus for entertainment, I suggest being ready to demand the service you're paying for.
4 night trip Aug 21, 2015
Curt
The place was very nice. Construction in the area added a little inconvenience though.
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
Donald
Great stay- wonderful spa facilities- Aquariva- restaurant was delicious mainly because of our server Regina. Needed to visit doctor at OHSU so location was perfect. Shuttle service was really great and convenient. Will stay again when I return in December
2 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
Suanne
"Vacation while you work"
Peaceful place for business stay. Great running trail by the river.
1 night business trip Aug 17, 2015
"Nice but not convenient"
Nice place, but a little far from town.
2 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
Lorraine
They need new linens. We found stains on sheets and towels.
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
"Beautiful hotel"
Beautiful hotel and friendly staff. We arrived around 3pm and asked if we could leave our luggage. The receptionist said that since our room was available, she would be able to check us in early. Hotel location was perfect. Away from the downtown noise but close enough to enjoy it. Valet parking staff very prompt and friendly as well. Ideal for couples and families. Would stay here again.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
mary
"loved the extra amenities!"
Great room and staff. The path along the river was a bonus!
1 night business trip Aug 11, 2015
"not worth the price"
we paid 285$ for a room which faces the back of the hotel. on the 5th floor right above the air condition units and vents for the bldg. this is after requesting a quiet room. the room was very basic, lacked coffee maker or even bathrobes. for that amount of money i expected something totally different. the restaurant next door which is very good closes at 9:00 pm !!!
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
Micki
"Visit to Portland after many years away"
It was interesting to see what Portland has done with the old recycling businesses of 40 years ago. Very nice.
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
Kathleen B.
"Oasis on the River"
Our stay at River's Edge Hotel and Spa was a perfect balance with visiting relatives and sightseeing in Portland. From the moment we arrived, the staff was welcoming, friendly, and very helpful. My daughters and I couldn't have found a more accommodating staff. We found the hotel's shuttle service to downtown venues very helpful, and any questions we had were cheerfully and promptly answered. We were upgraded to a deluxe suite due to a mixup with a wedding party, and the rooms were fabulous! The walkway along the river was scenic and restful. We had lunch with relatives at the hotel's restaurant, which was also fabulous, although a bee swarming problem moved us indoors from a lovely patio. The dining room has floor to ceiling windows, however, with a great view of the river. I got a pedicure and my daughter got a facial. Both services were excellent, with very high end product lines available. The rates for services seemed very reasonably priced as well.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
Brianne
"Great hotel on the river"
Nice hotel. Right on the river and bike way. Very peaceful, yet near town. Really excellent restaurant on the river with very reasonable prices. A great find.
1 night romance trip Aug 4, 2015
Philip
"Excellent location on the river"
Excellent location. We walked two blocks to Keller Auditirioum to see WICKED--didn't have to fight traffic! Walked to river cruise and a festival. The food at hotel was excellent. Really enjoyed the stay
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Tyna
"Great but???"
Everything was great but getting there from the airport was a lot of making turns and exiting the roads, the area is quiet and next to river but I'm use to being downtown. Also there's another hotel which has a similar name "river" so be careful when searching in the map
1 night business trip Aug 4, 2015
Alexander
"Perfect"
Great stay. Great location. Incredible staff. The only drawback was it was not in the heart of downtown (it's about a mile south), but that's also a benefit, as you don't have the downtown noise. And the hotel is just two blocks south of the Portland Streetcar line that takes you to where you want to go in minutes. Even better were the amenities. Best hotel gym I've ever seen. Free car service to your destination. Free use of bicycles and helmets. And it's right next to the Willamette River. Incredible. Would stay there again.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
"Friendly Portland Hotel"
Loved this hotel- rooms were clean, spacious, & everyone at hotel was so warm. We loved the complimentary bikes that we rode right out the door to the bike path that took us into the city for the Saturday market on Sunday- to find local crafts, foods, & music. They offered a shuttle into town as well- just very accommodating in a lovely setting.
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
Debra
Rooms are spacious! Clean and comfortable. Views are lovely! Staff is so very nice!
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
"a little bit quieter than downtown"
great staff and service, pleasant stay
8 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Kerry
"Too far to walk downtown."
The air conditioning did not work in my room. They sent an engineer to make sure it was on. The room was about 85 degrees. Finally, after Failed attempt to make it work, they agreed to move me. wasted a lot of my day.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"River Room"
I suggest making sure to ask for a river view room. Ours was hillside and rooftop with a lot of dead plants as our view. Staff was helpful but couldn't change room they were full. Location was beautiful. Adjacent restaurant excellent
karen t
Room service should open earlier and be faster. Otherwise a great place and location.
b
It was a great stay. They were very friendly from the moment I checked in to when I checked out. It was a nice place to walk since they had a trail right next to the hotel. Also their was the river where you can just take a lawn chair and just enjoy looking at the water and fresh breeze.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
"Affordable luxury near downtown Portland"
Two night stay to visit family in the Portland area during the high season of travel in the Pacific Northwest. This location is not far from downtown and offers a nice view of the river. Get the river view room, it's worth it!
2 night romance trip Jul 27, 2015
We enjoyed our stay.
2 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Masoud
we'll come back! Thank yoi!
2 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015