All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
0455 Southwest Hamilton Court, Portland, OR, 97239, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Wellness Area
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Awesome vibe
    Delicious food
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
    Quite clean
"river hotel stay"
Plumbing running through walls is very noisy. It's convenient to the freeway and that's all.
1 night business trip Aug 30, 2015
Ron
"River's Edge Hotel & Spa"
Our stay at the River's Edge Hotel & Spa was fantastic! The hotel is located along the waterfront of Willamette River in SW Portland. There is a walking/biking trail that runs next to the hotel and extends for a good distance in either direction and provides good views. The hotels provides bicycles free of charge for guest to use. The staff was very pleasant and the rooms were clean, large and well accommodated. We did use the spa services to get massages and they did an excellent job. The fitness center is large and has a variety of equipment for a thorough workout. I'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Portland area.
2 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Kenneth
"River's Edge Hotel and Spa"
Love the service here. Everyone from front desk to valet got it down. You can tell he management is training the employees well and it definitely shows. The room is clean, quiet, close to nature, but I don't like the shower stall and no tub option. Also the massage service is pricy $120/hr. If it's $100/hr and the room has bath tub it I would have given this hotel a perfect overall score. Oh yes the complimentary shuttle service to downtown and bike rental is a big plus!!! Would definitely stay here again but only in the suite with a tub :-)
2 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2015
Benjamin
"Beautiful Portland Digs"
We stayed here while we were dropping our daughter off at Lewis & Clark. (We noticed other families doing the same.) The location was great and the hotel was beautiful. It was fun to watch boats out on the river.
2 night family trip Aug 25, 2015
L L
We only stayed for a night, the hotel was absolutely amazing, and the ammenities are world class!
1 night romance trip Aug 23, 2015
Elisha
"More looks than substance."
If I had been at this hotel for the amenities as the main focus of my time spent, my review would be worse. I picked the hotel because it was very convenient to my friends apartment. The hotel was clean, in good shape (overall) and the staff was friendly. The issues started to pile up however; the ice machine on my floor stayed broken all 4 days spanning two different weeks. The bed had a nice topper to cover up the fact it was sagging. In the restaurant for breakfast my food was excellent, the service however was not. I had to ask a different server to bring my food to me after sitting around for 15 - 20 minutes of waiting in a mostly empty room. The food clearly had been sitting in the window for a while; good thing I'm not a stickler for scorching hot food. All and all the Hotel was a nice enough place, however for the money being paid it should have been a much nicer place then it was. They do have some nice perks, free bicycles to ride, a one-way shuttle service to get you to your destination, (if not back) and as I said, an overall pleasing atmosphere. I wouldn't say it's a place to avoid, but if it will be your main focus for entertainment, I suggest being ready to demand the service you're paying for.
4 night trip Aug 21, 2015
Curt
The place was very nice. Construction in the area added a little inconvenience though.
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
Donald
Great stay- wonderful spa facilities- Aquariva- restaurant was delicious mainly because of our server Regina. Needed to visit doctor at OHSU so location was perfect. Shuttle service was really great and convenient. Will stay again when I return in December
2 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
Suanne
"Vacation while you work"
Peaceful place for business stay. Great running trail by the river.
1 night business trip Aug 17, 2015
"Nice but not convenient"
Nice place, but a little far from town.
2 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
Lorraine
They need new linens. We found stains on sheets and towels.
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
"Beautiful hotel"
Beautiful hotel and friendly staff. We arrived around 3pm and asked if we could leave our luggage. The receptionist said that since our room was available, she would be able to check us in early. Hotel location was perfect. Away from the downtown noise but close enough to enjoy it. Valet parking staff very prompt and friendly as well. Ideal for couples and families. Would stay here again.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
mary
"loved the extra amenities!"
Great room and staff. The path along the river was a bonus!
1 night business trip Aug 11, 2015
"not worth the price"
we paid 285$ for a room which faces the back of the hotel. on the 5th floor right above the air condition units and vents for the bldg. this is after requesting a quiet room. the room was very basic, lacked coffee maker or even bathrobes. for that amount of money i expected something totally different. the restaurant next door which is very good closes at 9:00 pm !!!
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
Micki
"Visit to Portland after many years away"
It was interesting to see what Portland has done with the old recycling businesses of 40 years ago. Very nice.
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
Kathleen B.
"Oasis on the River"
Our stay at River's Edge Hotel and Spa was a perfect balance with visiting relatives and sightseeing in Portland. From the moment we arrived, the staff was welcoming, friendly, and very helpful. My daughters and I couldn't have found a more accommodating staff. We found the hotel's shuttle service to downtown venues very helpful, and any questions we had were cheerfully and promptly answered. We were upgraded to a deluxe suite due to a mixup with a wedding party, and the rooms were fabulous! The walkway along the river was scenic and restful. We had lunch with relatives at the hotel's restaurant, which was also fabulous, although a bee swarming problem moved us indoors from a lovely patio. The dining room has floor to ceiling windows, however, with a great view of the river. I got a pedicure and my daughter got a facial. Both services were excellent, with very high end product lines available. The rates for services seemed very reasonably priced as well.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
Brianne
"Great hotel on the river"
Nice hotel. Right on the river and bike way. Very peaceful, yet near town. Really excellent restaurant on the river with very reasonable prices. A great find.
1 night romance trip Aug 4, 2015
Philip
"Excellent location on the river"
Excellent location. We walked two blocks to Keller Auditirioum to see WICKED--didn't have to fight traffic! Walked to river cruise and a festival. The food at hotel was excellent. Really enjoyed the stay
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Tyna
"Great but???"
Everything was great but getting there from the airport was a lot of making turns and exiting the roads, the area is quiet and next to river but I'm use to being downtown. Also there's another hotel which has a similar name "river" so be careful when searching in the map
1 night business trip Aug 4, 2015
Alexander
"Perfect"
Great stay. Great location. Incredible staff. The only drawback was it was not in the heart of downtown (it's about a mile south), but that's also a benefit, as you don't have the downtown noise. And the hotel is just two blocks south of the Portland Streetcar line that takes you to where you want to go in minutes. Even better were the amenities. Best hotel gym I've ever seen. Free car service to your destination. Free use of bicycles and helmets. And it's right next to the Willamette River. Incredible. Would stay there again.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
"Friendly Portland Hotel"
Loved this hotel- rooms were clean, spacious, & everyone at hotel was so warm. We loved the complimentary bikes that we rode right out the door to the bike path that took us into the city for the Saturday market on Sunday- to find local crafts, foods, & music. They offered a shuttle into town as well- just very accommodating in a lovely setting.
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
Debra
Rooms are spacious! Clean and comfortable. Views are lovely! Staff is so very nice!
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
"a little bit quieter than downtown"
great staff and service, pleasant stay
8 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Kerry
"Too far to walk downtown."
The air conditioning did not work in my room. They sent an engineer to make sure it was on. The room was about 85 degrees. Finally, after Failed attempt to make it work, they agreed to move me. wasted a lot of my day.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"River Room"
I suggest making sure to ask for a river view room. Ours was hillside and rooftop with a lot of dead plants as our view. Staff was helpful but couldn't change room they were full. Location was beautiful. Adjacent restaurant excellent
karen t
Room service should open earlier and be faster. Otherwise a great place and location.
b
It was a great stay. They were very friendly from the moment I checked in to when I checked out. It was a nice place to walk since they had a trail right next to the hotel. Also their was the river where you can just take a lawn chair and just enjoy looking at the water and fresh breeze.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
"Affordable luxury near downtown Portland"
Two night stay to visit family in the Portland area during the high season of travel in the Pacific Northwest. This location is not far from downtown and offers a nice view of the river. Get the river view room, it's worth it!
2 night romance trip Jul 27, 2015
We enjoyed our stay.
2 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Masoud
we'll come back! Thank yoi!
2 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
Ann
"PDX Weekend Escape"
Traveled to PDX this weekend with friends to enjoy the city and a couple of evenings out on the town. Had a great trip and the staff at River's Edge was great to work with! Our friends traveled with their two dogs and the hotel was very accommodating and had a great recommendation for a Doggy Day Care place that was close to the hotel. Our room was clean & very quiet & quite spacious. We've stayed here before... and we'll continue to enjoy this hotel on future trips to PDX.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"Thumbs up for Rivers Edge!"
Great location; large rooms; very friendly and efficient staff. Some inconvenience due to a brief power outage in the area but hotel backup generator kept basic equipment running. We will definitely stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Jul 20, 2015
Tony
"Summer mini-vacation"
This is a lovely small hotel in a beautiful setting on the river. The adjoining restaurant, the balconies, bikes (when available,) fitness center and walking/biking path right outside are particular strengths. It was no problem to walk a few blocks to catch the trolley to downtown, and the excellent deli "Elephants" is nearby. The biggest problem is that the power went out and the hotel had no back-up generator, or even flashlights in the rooms. I hope they installed a generator by the time you read this - it is essential in a hotel and undermines an otherwise wonderful place.
4 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
"Perfect"
By far the place to stay in Portland if you want an intimate stay versus the chaos of downtown. Our favorite in Portland.
1 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
Adams
"Loved it!"
Had Deluxe Suite for my birthday celebration. Loved it! Staff is amazing!
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
"Remote Location"
Not located near anything. Free Hotel shuttle rarely available. Front Desk staff not particularly friendly or helpful. Bathroom not restocked with supplies. Lighting in the room was very poor; couldn't even see what was in the closet. Appreciated being able to use their bicycles. Room rate was high, considering the experience.
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
D & K
"Nice hotel with very nice staff."
Overall highly recommended. Very nice location for families. Not in busy downtown area. Right on walking trail by the river. Free good coffee in lobby at all times. Free parking with hybrid car. Great gym.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Beautiful location. Staff were very competent and friendly. The setting of the restaurant is on the river and is very peaceful. I would stay there again.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"A little serenity outside just south of downtown"
Great out of the way of downtown spot. Comfortable attached restaurant. Staff very nice. Very pretty view from restaurant. A little funny smell in drain of shower but didn't bother me really. Valet parking seemed a little odd and expensive since far from downtown, but I can understand it since limited parking locally. I used my car to get downtown, but I'd also take advantage of a nearby streetcar they mentioned. Would come again.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2015
Cindy
"Lovely hotel on the River"
Loved our stay here. Room was cozy and comfortable. Beds had super soft linens and pillows. Requested extra pillows ahead of time online and they were in our room upon arrival. The prenatal massage for myself and deep tissue massage for my husband at the spa were the best massages we have ever had! Had breakfast in bed and lunch at the restaurant and both were excellent. Overall a very relaxing trip!
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
Carrie
"Beautiful Resort"
Room was clean but the shampoo and conditioner was empty and balcony was sticky and stained.
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Page
"Exceptional Stay"
Location was wondeful. We used their bikes to roll the waterfront and downtown. Great way to move around and really see Portland. The food and enviornment was outstanding. Not too far from alll the good things Portland has to offer!
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
RaeLene N
Hotel was beautiful and I loved the walking trails near by.
2 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
Joy
"Horrible, use your money to stay at a nice hotel!"
The hotel is ridiculously expensive, so you'd expect to get something in return for your money. Wrong! We arrived at 4pm for check-in and the room hadn't even been cleaned. The staff didn't apologize or anything, just told us to stay in the lobby. When we finally did get in the room (oh hey, it was supposed to be a deluxe suite), it was plain disappointment. I've never seen carpets with more stains on it, and the room was just old, dirty, and looked like it was last renovated in the 60s. We had booked a suite so that our baby would have enough room to crawl around, but we would not let her get onto those floors. The balcony was rather big, and would probably have been nice, had the staff put the cushions on the patio chairs. However, judging from the ones I saw on the neighbors' patios were full of stains (or mold, I couldn't quite tell), it was probably better not to get them at all. Also, be aware, there is a popular place next door - and during the 2 nights we spent there, there were about 10 bachelorette parties that involved a lot of noise outside our room and made it hard to sleep.
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
"As nice as any Resort."
Second time staying at this beautiful riverside hotel near downtown Portland. It's so relaxing to be near the river, with a beautiful trail next to the river to walk, run or bike along. One of the best spa/fitness centers of any hotel/resort I've stayed in. Very comfortable bed and soft sheets.
3 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
"Quiet hotel with excellent facilities and staff."
Ranks as one of the best hotel experiences my family and I have ever had.
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
Nkem
"Bring your walking shoes and an appetite"
Very pleasant hotel, nice spa attached, sumptuous restaurant attached, lovely river views, but not much else to do close by.
2 night business trip Jun 17, 2015
Matthew
"Peaceful Waterfront Setting"
Great bikes to use! Delicious restaurant next door. Lovely spa. Nice to be out of the chaos of downtown. Walk the waterfront. Negatives: $50 for a pet...but hey, you get to have your dog at least! Only $25 valet parking option unless you want to walk a mile up hill.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
Karinda
"Very pleasant hotel, on the river"
We enjoyed our stay at River's Edge Hotel & Spa very much. Very nice view of the river (filtered through cottonwood trees), quiet, nicely furnished, with a very pleasant staff. The hotel is clean and comfortable.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
Great location on waterfront. New rooms. Only downside was the lack of self parking which required valet services. Valet staff was very friendly and efficient.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015