All hotels in Middletown, Rhode Island, United States of America
855 W Main Rd, Middletown, RI, 02842, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"Convenient for a visit to our daughter in Newport"
We enjoyed our one-night stay and it was an easy drive to our daughter's apartment in Newport. The hotel was full (many families - boys' soccer tournament?) but our check in was fast and easy. Our room was on the ground floor and we were near a side entrance so had easy access to our vehicle. We did notice that the trash receptacle outside the side entrance was full (overflowing) when we checked in and still full when we checked out the next morning. The only other negative was that the bathtub and toilet seemed a bit dated and upgrades would make the bathroom more appealing. We took advantage of the free breakfast and it was decent. It was very busy but the attendants were very attentive to refilling the breakfast items. We would stay here again.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2014
"Comfortable room"
I appeciate that there was a frig and microwave in the room. The staff were very friendly. The breakfast options were plentiful but not great in taste but I am a bit of a foody. I wish plain yogurt and fresh berries were an option but a bagel and coffee sufficed and.
2 night trip Jun 5, 2014
Joanne
Friendly helpful Staff!
2 night trip May 23, 2014
"Terrible staff"
Staff erred in reservation. Double booked room. Then charged additional rate for their error.
Other trip May 24, 2014
"Nice & convienentt to everything"
Everyone at the front desk was accomadating...very helpful
Other trip May 20, 2014
ALLAN
"Nice hotel; staff responsive to any complaints."
Good experience; nice breakfast. Staff friendly. Nothing to add.
Other trip May 20, 2014
"Good service and value"
There are many amenities that make this a place we will certainly stay at in the future such as a pool, workout room and a breakfast. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The value is great
2 night trip May 9, 2014
Jill
The hotel was great, clean & the people were very kind.
1 night trip May 9, 2014
"Convenient"
The breakfast was wonderful with lots of variety. The front desk clerk answered the phone and helped a phone customer while I was standing right there making me wait. The door lock demagnetized and their maintenance man was off, so they wanted us to move to another roommate help but couldn't fix the door lock
3 night business trip May 6, 2014
No fan in the bathroom, couldn't see with all the steam. Drain clogged in the tub so bad had to take the drain disc out for water to go down
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Horrible experience"
Stayed Saturday night, April 27th, for my birthday weekend and to find a wedding venue for me and my fiancée. The room was filthy, unvacuumed with hair all over the bathroom. The pool and hot tub get shut down sometime in the late afternoon and the only reason we booked this hotel was for the indoor hot tub. Also the sleep timer on the remote did not work. I asked a front desk agent Saturday night around 9 pm about a refund since the pool/hot tub is closed and she said to come down tomorrow morning to talk to the manager. I spoke to her the following morning and because this room was booked through hotels.com, she could not do anything. I will never stay at a holiday inn express again and am very upset about how this situation was handled.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
Scott Rosenzweig
It was just okay. The notebook containing area information should have contained more helpful information about the surrounding area. The breakfast selection was slow to be replenished and the pancake machine was broken.
1 night trip Apr 22, 2014
Lisa D.
"Great price and great location"
My daughter and I spent Easter week end in this lovely hotel. Staff was great! Breakfast was great. Everyone was super friendly and the hotel was clean. It was priced very well for the area. We highly recommend this hotel.
1 night family trip Apr 17, 2014
Ana
"Great condition"
It was great. Very convenient to restaurants and grocery stores. Unfortunately our sheets were never changed to new linen although it was requested. Pool could have been cleaner. Overall good stay for price
3 night trip Apr 3, 2014
"Very nice hotel but the room needed to be aired."
Very nice hotel, but the room had a stuffy odor when you entered. All in all it is a nice hotel, quite modern, about two miles from Newport mansions. The complimentary breakfast (out of dispenser equipment) was "less than pleasing." The coffee was very good, though.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
D. Parasirakis
"Clean, comfortable stay"
Bed and pillows were comfortable. Travel shampoo, conditioner and soap in adequate size bathroom. Standard breakfast-eggs, bacon, yogurt, muffins, or cereal. Coffee and tea offered throughout the day.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
ms
"Exceeded my expectations"
I stayed for 3 nights. I enjoyed the pleasant staff, the nice amenities (pool, exercise room) and nice variety of breakfast offerenings. My room was quiet and comfortable. I would stay here again without hesitation.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
the bed squeaked,the breakfast was bad-beacon overcooked like cardboard & it tasted like grease,eggs burned and dry,banana's brown over ripe never should have been put out. I was in the area at 730 am and the food should have been good and fresh, perhaps a manager needs to look at the food prior to it being put out or make sure that the old food is tossed out at the end of each day. I have stayed at this hotel for several years and this was the worst.
1 night trip Mar 21, 2014
"in the heart of middletown"
very nice. the room was comfortable and clean. the bed was fantastic. the staff went out of their way to make my stay as painless as possible.
2 night trip Mar 14, 2014
wendy mitchell
"Things we consider bad..."
There was no shower curtain. Didn't discover until the AM when we were ready to shower. Had to wait for one to be delivered. Bananas at breakfast went from being green the first day straight to black inside the next. If they are no good, don't even put them out. The only milk was 1%... Too watery for coffee and cold cereal.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
Barry
"Would definitely stay again"
Stayed at more expensive Hotel second nite,We wished we had stayed At the Holiday instead.Have already recommended to others.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"Very nice stay"
Only stayed one night. But very nice and clean will go back.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
Very good free breakfast and close to Newport Naval Base.
4 night trip Jan 8, 2014
Tony
"Holiday Inn Express: dependable cleanliness"
Clean room; clean bathroom; Bath & Body Works shampoo, conditioner and lotion; quiet room; nice location ... Basically the same experience here that I've had at other Holiday Inn Express hotels. Very basic breakfast but free -- you can at least have coffee, juice, cereal, toast and/or a bagel and there were a couple of hot food options. Wanted to use the pool and exercise facilities but didn't. Easy to check in and park.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
L
"Good stay at a good hotel"
The hotel was in good shape and the breakfast was very good. The service was prompt and professional. There were a lot of kids with families staying and they were a bit noisy and allowed to run in the hallways. I think that's more of a parenting issue than the hotel. We will certainly stay here again and appreciate the friendly staff.
3 night trip Dec 27, 2013
The Commissioner
"great location for visit to relatives"
great service as expected from staff, lovely breakfast, room was comfortable and bed slept very well, wifi worked as it should, thus a wonderful stay
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
"Disappoint stay"
I expected more from the name. But a lot of thing in my room was broken. Doors lock, temp control not working. Bathroom fans noisy. I will not stay here next time.
1 night family trip Nov 9, 2013
WONG
"The linen were no changed, dirty spot underneath"
swimming pool broken! why did not tell this information online, before to book ? hair dryer did not work, just seconds. on and off, it was a junk. head showers liking, broken gaskets, poor maintenance. so poor housekeeping and poor maintenance together. required to log in again and again, no good wireless. no one smiles there.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
"Close to Newport"
This hotel was only a few minutes outside of Newport and was clean and at the right price. Breakfast was average but we were not expecting much to begin with. Nice alternative to pricier hotels closer to the village center.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
"a theif works for holiday inn"
My husband and I stayed overnight for our anniversey. When we checked out he forgot a $200 pair of shoes and when we returned home to ct. We realized that we didn't pack the shoes. I called the hotel and they said there wasn't any shoes reported to the lost and found. I am very disappointed in holiday inn for having theives as employees.
1 night business trip Oct 19, 2013
Debra Adams
"Breakfast"
Overall it was nice. Breakfast was not that good but do you expect for free.
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
"Perfect for my needs"
Just off the Navy base. Convenient location. Comfortable room. Not far from the Newport tourist sites. Can't ask for much more at a good price.
5 night business trip Sep 8, 2013
Cabernetguy
The hotel was much nicer than I expected from an Holiday Inn Express. The room was immaculate, large, and well decorated; the facilities and continental breakfast were great. It was a 10-15 minute drive from downtown Newport and surrounded by chain stores. There were many cabs that ran between downtown and the hotel, however.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2013
"Perfect"
After searching for a place to stay close enough to NewPort , we came upon availability and a decent price at the Holiday Inn Express/middletown . The girl at the front desk was extremely friendly and went out of her way to give me some info I was seeking. The room was large and very clean. Breakfast in the morning had more than enough choices and was being refilled as needed. Daughter left premises for a run, husband used equiptment within the facility. Both were happy. We need to return to the area in October and we are planning on returning to this Hotel. Why not? couldn't ask for anything to have been any different. Great place, Convenient location. Comfy.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
Theresa
"Affordable, clean and convenient"
We stayed here for 2 nights with our adult children to visit Newport. We were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is well-taken care of. The room was clean, the beds, thought not plush mattresses, were still comfortable and they have 2 queen beds instead of the cramped doubled beds. The room was large, with plenty of space for the 4 of us. A pool and gym facility are available although we didn't use them. There is a complimentary breakfast, cereals, breads, coffee, etc. Again, we didn't use it. The hotel is very close to Newport, shopping, grocery stores, restaurants. We would definitely stay again.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
"Meh ...."
Had booked a room with a foldaway bed (was noted on our expedia receipt) as we needed something big enough to sleep 2 adults and our three children. When arriving they told us they had no foldaways and further more deprioritized requests made through third party bookings. We ended up having to buy a camp bed from the local walmart ! Wifi didn't work, TV not set up properly, A/C cut off leaving us uncomfortable overnight. Not terrible but disappointing overall.....
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"What I expect from a Holiday Inn Express"
Not a lot of bells and whistles since you aren't paying for them. Its clean, quiet and a good price. Really thats all I want when I am on business travel. Breakfast is nice, not great but good coffee and something to eat in the morning is appreciated.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2013
"Another great stay"
My wife and I have been to this hotel before, and we had another great stay. The room was clean, and the hotel is very well maintained. The continental breakfast was also very convenient for a quick bite before enjoying the day in Newport. And the fridge is a great convenience for storing leftovers from all the great restaurants. The only issue I had was with the AC/heating system - it was constantly running, and would repeatedly switch between heat and the AC to maintain the temperature set on the thermostat.
2 night family trip Jul 19, 2013
Gerry
"mediocre"
promised a king bed but when I arrived, all the rooms with king beds were "sold out". nice bait and switch move ! Bathroom faucet was broken. Air conditioning was old and weak. C'mon...put some money into the rooms !
2 night business trip Jul 22, 2013
Carlos Danger
"Great service, rooms, and value"
Very nice place to stay. Clean rooms, good price. Free breakfast is pretty good. Staff (Lori) was very helpful and friendly. Good value.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2013
Brent
"Good stay!"
It was relaxing. Stayed two nights and the people there were great. The Jacuzzi didn't have jets so it was kind of lame. Breakfast was not good. Will definitely book again!
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
Mr. T Ly
"It is what you expect of this kind of hotel."
We arrived Fri night, there was 1 person at the reception, there was quite a line but we were on second place - check-in process was swift enough. We got a first floor room, it was clean, there were signs of wear here and there, but you do expect that from this kind of hotel. The bathroom was clean too, but they should do something to get rid of that rust spot in the tub - I did not put my kid in there because of the rust. Saturday morning I noticed that I hear too many toilets flushing or tubs draining. After hearing a couple of "toilet flushing" sounds, it became annoying that about a dozen more followed. I was brushing my teeth and maybe 2 people coincidentally flushed at the same time I had the strong urge to take cover. Can those plumbing noises be fixed? Breakfast was uneventful, I would have loved more fresh fruit choices for my son, but again, you can't expect that kind of thing from this kind of hotel. The cinnamon buns are good. From RI we went to Boston and stayed at the Seaport Hotel, a 4.5 star hotel. I feel bad that I had to pay more for this hotel room than what my sister in law had to pay for our room at Seaport Hotel. Overall experience is pretty consistent with what you expect from a 2.5 to 3 star hotel.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2013
"Clean, and Friendly, helpful staff"
Good value. Clean. Very helpful staff. The breakfast room can get crowded and when there is only one staff member, he/she will find it hard to keep up with refills and keeping the area clean. Pool was nice. Internet access was nice.
3 night trip Jul 3, 2013
"Typical very good Holiday Inn Express"
what's not to like: clean, comfortable room, good bed, shower and breakfast. And Newport is very nice in the summer.
2 night family trip Jul 13, 2013
"Convenient location to sites, "meh" hotel"
I expected this HI Express to be cleaner and more carefully maintained, as my HI Express experiences in the past have impressed me. Though the young staff was helpful and understanding responding to my complaints (very loud upstairs neighbors, a non- draining tub-- which meant I showered standing in 6 inches of water), it did not make my stay more satisfactory. If you're not looking for peace and quiet or a super clean hotel but want to explore Newport, stay here.
1 night business trip Jun 27, 2013
"no down town but close"
Very nice hotel, clean, quite affordable but still close to downtown Newport. A 15 minute dive and your on Thames St. If you want to be close to the action but not in it.....great place.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2013
"Good Hotel"
My experience overall was good. The front desk employees were wonderful.
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
"close to newport,"
great hotel, good location ( expect to drive a little)
1 night business trip Jun 20, 2013
joseph
"okay"
Front desk staff was nice. Room was never cleaned in between days, even after requested. Bad beds. Free parking a plus. Nothing nearby except Chilis. Short drive to downtown newport.
1 night trip Jun 6, 2013
"Very nice"
Very nice place to stay, clean close to several restaurants and the Naval base. Staff was very nice. Breakfast was good.
2 night trip May 8, 2013