All hotels in Middletown, Rhode Island, United States of America
855 W Main Rd, Middletown, RI, 02842, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

As an overall rating, I think this Holiday Inn Express was wonderful! The staff was professional, courteous, knowledgeable, and friendly. The site is very convenient to Newport and we didn't pay Newport prices! Our room was neat and clean and the AC worked very well. My friend likes a cold room and she got her wish for sure! The pool and hot tub were both working and though the pool was only 4' deep, it was fine for us. In fact my only issue was with the breakfast. At one point we had to wait 15 minutes for a pot of coffee; there are three urns at the station, and I believe there should always be one in waiting in the kitchen, especially on Saturday and Sunday when you have larger crowds. Other items were also unavailable at times and again, this should be better maintained. Except for this, our visit to Newport and stay at the Middletown Holiday Inn Express was more than pleasant and we would definitely consider staying there again.
2 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2014
Satisfied Traveler
"Nice hotel- not more than that"
We had a clogged bathroom, and when we called the front desk, they sent up a plunger and left it by the door... We laughed about this although it wasn't funny.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
MTT
"Good spot"
Nice spot for Newport. Close to the city center.
2 night trip Aug 6, 2014
Maryse Lalonde
"central location for my needs"
Breakfast a challenge at best, pool needs cleaning daily because of kids, laundry room need change machine or front desk need to keep change looked short staff while I was there
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Good, clean place to stay."
Was here for a funeral and needed a place to sleep and change clothes. This hotel was clean, convenient and had a friendly staff.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
Shardelle
"Not bad, but not great"
Immediately upon checking in, we were told that an AC problem caused our original room (with two double beds) to be unavailable, and we were put in a room with a king and a pull-out couch. Therefore, one of us slept on the pull-out rather than a bed. We should have been offered a discounted rate, but we got nothing. The room was clean and comfortable - though the bathroom amenities were rather cheap, and for some reason housekeeping did not replace all of our linens when that was desired. Otherwise, the staff is friendly, and they provide coffee well into the morning. Location is convenient for Newport access.
3 night trip with friends Jul 25, 2014
"Overpriced"
I know Newport is expensive in the summer, but these rates are just ridiculous. Motel built cheaply and rooms in poor repair at astronomical prices. Only good thing is ample parking.
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2014
"Great service, friendly staff"
The best part about this hotel was the friendly staff at check in. They were helpful and pleasant. The free breakfast and free wi-fi were nice perks. Definitely recommend.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Jackie
"Nice hotel close to Newport attractions."
This hotel is close to most Newport attractions. About 5 minutes by car. The hotel is very nice. The rooms are large and nicely furnished. They include flat screen TV, mini fridge and microwave. The lobby is nicely decorated in a contemporary style.The parking is free with many spaces available always. Front desk staff is attentive. Good value for your money.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Pedro
"Don't stay here"
Room was not ready at 3pm. Staff was still cleaning at 6pm. Room smelled of mildew had to change shower curtain. Rust in tub and coming from drain inside of tub. Shower head had lime causing limit shower flow. Grout in and around tub was missing and falling apart. Bathroom door fallling apart. Fan in bathroom didn't work. Room on 1st floor window was open; causing security to be lacking. Bugs flying. Couple lamps didn't work. Table Clock busted. Smelled from Pool lingered in hallway like dog poop.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"Not up to Holiday Inn Express standards"
Ranks much more like a Motel 6 than a HI Express. Would never stay there again.
2 night trip Jul 8, 2014
Thanks!
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014
"Good for 1-2 nights"
Close to Newport. Had to go front desk directly because no one picked up when I called. My daughters loved the pool and Jacuzzi! Overall good stay
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2014
Carmen
"Last Minute Switch"
We had reservations at a different hotel, but called the Holiday Inn and was able to get a room. Best thing we did on the trip. Room was great, service was better than that. Knowing we had a wonderful place to stay at made things a lot less stressful for us.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"Convenient for a visit to our daughter in Newport"
We enjoyed our one-night stay and it was an easy drive to our daughter's apartment in Newport. The hotel was full (many families - boys' soccer tournament?) but our check in was fast and easy. Our room was on the ground floor and we were near a side entrance so had easy access to our vehicle. We did notice that the trash receptacle outside the side entrance was full (overflowing) when we checked in and still full when we checked out the next morning. The only other negative was that the bathtub and toilet seemed a bit dated and upgrades would make the bathroom more appealing. We took advantage of the free breakfast and it was decent. It was very busy but the attendants were very attentive to refilling the breakfast items. We would stay here again.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2014
"Comfortable room"
I appeciate that there was a frig and microwave in the room. The staff were very friendly. The breakfast options were plentiful but not great in taste but I am a bit of a foody. I wish plain yogurt and fresh berries were an option but a bagel and coffee sufficed and.
2 night trip Jun 5, 2014
Joanne
Friendly helpful Staff!
2 night trip May 23, 2014
"Terrible staff"
Staff erred in reservation. Double booked room. Then charged additional rate for their error.
Other trip May 24, 2014
"Nice & convienentt to everything"
Everyone at the front desk was accomadating...very helpful
Other trip May 20, 2014
ALLAN
"Nice hotel; staff responsive to any complaints."
Good experience; nice breakfast. Staff friendly. Nothing to add.
Other trip May 20, 2014
"Good service and value"
There are many amenities that make this a place we will certainly stay at in the future such as a pool, workout room and a breakfast. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The value is great
2 night trip May 9, 2014
Jill
The hotel was great, clean & the people were very kind.
1 night trip May 9, 2014
"Convenient"
The breakfast was wonderful with lots of variety. The front desk clerk answered the phone and helped a phone customer while I was standing right there making me wait. The door lock demagnetized and their maintenance man was off, so they wanted us to move to another roommate help but couldn't fix the door lock
3 night business trip May 6, 2014
No fan in the bathroom, couldn't see with all the steam. Drain clogged in the tub so bad had to take the drain disc out for water to go down
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Horrible experience"
Stayed Saturday night, April 27th, for my birthday weekend and to find a wedding venue for me and my fiancée. The room was filthy, unvacuumed with hair all over the bathroom. The pool and hot tub get shut down sometime in the late afternoon and the only reason we booked this hotel was for the indoor hot tub. Also the sleep timer on the remote did not work. I asked a front desk agent Saturday night around 9 pm about a refund since the pool/hot tub is closed and she said to come down tomorrow morning to talk to the manager. I spoke to her the following morning and because this room was booked through hotels.com, she could not do anything. I will never stay at a holiday inn express again and am very upset about how this situation was handled.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
Scott Rosenzweig
It was just okay. The notebook containing area information should have contained more helpful information about the surrounding area. The breakfast selection was slow to be replenished and the pancake machine was broken.
1 night trip Apr 22, 2014
Lisa D.
"Great price and great location"
My daughter and I spent Easter week end in this lovely hotel. Staff was great! Breakfast was great. Everyone was super friendly and the hotel was clean. It was priced very well for the area. We highly recommend this hotel.
1 night family trip Apr 17, 2014
Ana
"Great condition"
It was great. Very convenient to restaurants and grocery stores. Unfortunately our sheets were never changed to new linen although it was requested. Pool could have been cleaner. Overall good stay for price
3 night trip Apr 3, 2014
"Very nice hotel but the room needed to be aired."
Very nice hotel, but the room had a stuffy odor when you entered. All in all it is a nice hotel, quite modern, about two miles from Newport mansions. The complimentary breakfast (out of dispenser equipment) was "less than pleasing." The coffee was very good, though.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
D. Parasirakis
"Clean, comfortable stay"
Bed and pillows were comfortable. Travel shampoo, conditioner and soap in adequate size bathroom. Standard breakfast-eggs, bacon, yogurt, muffins, or cereal. Coffee and tea offered throughout the day.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
ms
"Exceeded my expectations"
I stayed for 3 nights. I enjoyed the pleasant staff, the nice amenities (pool, exercise room) and nice variety of breakfast offerenings. My room was quiet and comfortable. I would stay here again without hesitation.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
the bed squeaked,the breakfast was bad-beacon overcooked like cardboard & it tasted like grease,eggs burned and dry,banana's brown over ripe never should have been put out. I was in the area at 730 am and the food should have been good and fresh, perhaps a manager needs to look at the food prior to it being put out or make sure that the old food is tossed out at the end of each day. I have stayed at this hotel for several years and this was the worst.
1 night trip Mar 21, 2014
"in the heart of middletown"
very nice. the room was comfortable and clean. the bed was fantastic. the staff went out of their way to make my stay as painless as possible.
2 night trip Mar 14, 2014
wendy mitchell
"Things we consider bad..."
There was no shower curtain. Didn't discover until the AM when we were ready to shower. Had to wait for one to be delivered. Bananas at breakfast went from being green the first day straight to black inside the next. If they are no good, don't even put them out. The only milk was 1%... Too watery for coffee and cold cereal.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
Barry
"Would definitely stay again"
Stayed at more expensive Hotel second nite,We wished we had stayed At the Holiday instead.Have already recommended to others.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"Very nice stay"
Only stayed one night. But very nice and clean will go back.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
Very good free breakfast and close to Newport Naval Base.
4 night trip Jan 8, 2014
Tony
"Holiday Inn Express: dependable cleanliness"
Clean room; clean bathroom; Bath & Body Works shampoo, conditioner and lotion; quiet room; nice location ... Basically the same experience here that I've had at other Holiday Inn Express hotels. Very basic breakfast but free -- you can at least have coffee, juice, cereal, toast and/or a bagel and there were a couple of hot food options. Wanted to use the pool and exercise facilities but didn't. Easy to check in and park.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
L
"Good stay at a good hotel"
The hotel was in good shape and the breakfast was very good. The service was prompt and professional. There were a lot of kids with families staying and they were a bit noisy and allowed to run in the hallways. I think that's more of a parenting issue than the hotel. We will certainly stay here again and appreciate the friendly staff.
3 night trip Dec 27, 2013
The Commissioner
"great location for visit to relatives"
great service as expected from staff, lovely breakfast, room was comfortable and bed slept very well, wifi worked as it should, thus a wonderful stay
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
"Disappoint stay"
I expected more from the name. But a lot of thing in my room was broken. Doors lock, temp control not working. Bathroom fans noisy. I will not stay here next time.
1 night family trip Nov 9, 2013
WONG
"The linen were no changed, dirty spot underneath"
swimming pool broken! why did not tell this information online, before to book ? hair dryer did not work, just seconds. on and off, it was a junk. head showers liking, broken gaskets, poor maintenance. so poor housekeeping and poor maintenance together. required to log in again and again, no good wireless. no one smiles there.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
"Close to Newport"
This hotel was only a few minutes outside of Newport and was clean and at the right price. Breakfast was average but we were not expecting much to begin with. Nice alternative to pricier hotels closer to the village center.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
"a theif works for holiday inn"
My husband and I stayed overnight for our anniversey. When we checked out he forgot a $200 pair of shoes and when we returned home to ct. We realized that we didn't pack the shoes. I called the hotel and they said there wasn't any shoes reported to the lost and found. I am very disappointed in holiday inn for having theives as employees.
1 night business trip Oct 19, 2013
Debra Adams
"Breakfast"
Overall it was nice. Breakfast was not that good but do you expect for free.
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
"Perfect for my needs"
Just off the Navy base. Convenient location. Comfortable room. Not far from the Newport tourist sites. Can't ask for much more at a good price.
5 night business trip Sep 8, 2013
Cabernetguy
The hotel was much nicer than I expected from an Holiday Inn Express. The room was immaculate, large, and well decorated; the facilities and continental breakfast were great. It was a 10-15 minute drive from downtown Newport and surrounded by chain stores. There were many cabs that ran between downtown and the hotel, however.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2013
"Perfect"
After searching for a place to stay close enough to NewPort , we came upon availability and a decent price at the Holiday Inn Express/middletown . The girl at the front desk was extremely friendly and went out of her way to give me some info I was seeking. The room was large and very clean. Breakfast in the morning had more than enough choices and was being refilled as needed. Daughter left premises for a run, husband used equiptment within the facility. Both were happy. We need to return to the area in October and we are planning on returning to this Hotel. Why not? couldn't ask for anything to have been any different. Great place, Convenient location. Comfy.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
Theresa
"Affordable, clean and convenient"
We stayed here for 2 nights with our adult children to visit Newport. We were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is well-taken care of. The room was clean, the beds, thought not plush mattresses, were still comfortable and they have 2 queen beds instead of the cramped doubled beds. The room was large, with plenty of space for the 4 of us. A pool and gym facility are available although we didn't use them. There is a complimentary breakfast, cereals, breads, coffee, etc. Again, we didn't use it. The hotel is very close to Newport, shopping, grocery stores, restaurants. We would definitely stay again.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
"Meh ...."
Had booked a room with a foldaway bed (was noted on our expedia receipt) as we needed something big enough to sleep 2 adults and our three children. When arriving they told us they had no foldaways and further more deprioritized requests made through third party bookings. We ended up having to buy a camp bed from the local walmart ! Wifi didn't work, TV not set up properly, A/C cut off leaving us uncomfortable overnight. Not terrible but disappointing overall.....
Other trip Aug 5, 2013