All hotels in Dublin, Ireland
Mercer Street Lower, Dublin, Dublin, 2, Ireland, ‏‎855-239-9482

"Days away"
Great location, rooms need some Work.
2 night trip with friends Dec 28, 2014
Terence
"it's ok but it can improve a lot"
PROs: - Very central location, easy to go everywhere just walking. - clean room/hotel CONs: - we had to wait 20 minutes to have our room, even though we arrived at 6.30 pm and the room was booked long time before - No heater in the bathroom, it was freezing when we arrived - The hotel provides just body soap but not shampoo - no free wifi in the rooms, just at the hall and bar. - bit noisy rooms Considerations: - Considering the price I was expecting much better service
2 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
Marco
"Super Location, Good Value, Comfortable Room"
Given that when booking we had not realised that Black Friday existed with all the subsequent crowds of pre Christmas shoppers in the area, we were delighted by the peace and quiet of this hotel, within yards of the mayhem that was Grafton Street and St Stephen's Green. The hotel appears to be wrapped around 2 sides of a multi storey parking building - how clever! The room was comfortable and peaceful, albeit with slightly tired furnishings. The room faced a side street rather than being on the main frontage which would have been noisier. Beds (twin) really comfortable. Smart bathroom, copious hot water. A problem of a broken window catch was sorted once mentioned. As ever and as in any hotel I have stayed in, lighting was fairly poor and reading in bed a slight problem. Tip: if you have some small, really bright task lights that you can pack, take them with you. But, as I say, that's normal. Delighted with the hotel and would definitely stay there again. Have already recommended it to friends!
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"Great hotel... Very Central."
The staff were nothing but nice and accommodating. Its very central . i dont understand the low rating as i thought this place was fantastic and ive stayed in some great hotels. The cafe below is a bit pricey but so is most of dublin. I will definitely be staying again. The hotel staff that were working between 26/10/14 till 2/11/14 I would like to thank you for being so great and helpful! I will certainly be coming back!!
David (Nicole)
"ideal location"
nice quiet, clean accommodation in central location, will stay again.
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
"Fantastic service, great central location"
Aside from being in a great location, just a few minutes walk from Grafton Street, Stephen's Green, Trinity College, & Temple Bar, the Travelodge has a wonderfully warm, welcoming staff. Arti, Neev, and the rest of the staff were incredibly helpful and informative when it came to booking cabs, giving directions, or restaurant and nightlife suggestions (amongst many other things). Staying at the Travelodge helped make our first trip to Dublin convenient and enjoyable. The restaurant located next door, The Bell and Pot is great as well, and easily accessible from the Travelodge lobby.
7 night trip Oct 15, 2014
"Convenient to Stephens Green area"
This was a reasonable 3 Star hotel without any frills
Other trip Sep 16, 2014
"Fine hotel. Great location."
The hotel is centrally located at St Steven Green which is a beautiful park in central Dublin. Many pubs and restaurants in the area and lots of activities. Easy bus service to all sites of interest.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
"Very average hotel"
Handy enough location, not bar despite being advertised as having one, room felt clean enough although shower was very poor, room had loads of old round-pin sockets, eventually found a single socket hidden under and behind the desk. I didn't feel it was good value for €75
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Russ
"Good for the money"
the hotel was in a good location, staff where friendly but the bathroom needed cleaning a little better apart from that was spot on for the price we payed for it.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"Weekend in dublin"
Arrived the Friday at 4.. Reception looked ok girl behind desk was friendly! Our room wasn't ready so had to wait in the cafe, staff in there the whole weekend done more sitting with there legs threw over the chairs drinking and eating! Went to room with just a wee ten minute wait.. Very very basic! Room was small the air conditioning was terrible the heat in the room was uncomfortable! The furniture was old and very badly marked! We had no main light on the ceiling with only one lamp working the other one didn't have a bulb! Later in the evening the plug hole in the bath was making a terrible bubbling noise loud enough to hear it in the room it continued a few times throughout our stay! On the Saturday we didn't get fresh sheets when our room was being cleaned! The hotel was very central and handy to everywhere needed to go that was a big positive!! However on Sunday at 11am to be charged £35 euro for the car park was a conplete rip off!! I was led to believe it was 6 euro a night only to find out that was from 5pm to 10am the next morning it's actually 17.50 for 24 hours! Don't think I would stay here again definitely needs a refurb and an update!!
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Germaine
"Overbooked and tried to move me to the airport"
On arrival, i was informed that my room was flood damaged and i was offered a room at a sister hotel at the airport. Asked to see the room and was told it was boarded up, asked to see a boarded up room and was told "he was told to tell me that and that they were overbooked" and that i was the last guest to check in, promptly there after 4 guests arrived into receptrion to book in !. Complained and finally offered a room as " Another guest had requested to be relocated !!!!
1 night business trip Jul 10, 2014
Poor Service
"Short break"
Clean,friendly, good location and great forthe price
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"My stay at wrong location"
I booked Stephens Green Travelodge for its location. I booked several weeks in advance and at 4pm on the day I booked in I was informed that the rooms were no longer available due to some water incident. I was transferred to the Rathmines Travelodge. I did not have time to seek an alternative hotel. I was informed as part of the arrangement that I would be given free parking in Rathmines. When I arrived in Rathmines the Receptionist had no knowledge of any such arrangement. She promised to check with her Manager and revert but failed to do so. I incurred extra car parking and taxi fares because of this. Overall a most unsatisfactory experience.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"Dirty, old and in need of repairs"
The room was dirty, bathroom was disgusting, curtains that didn't hang, air conditioning that didn't work, make up all over the walls, the list goes on.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
claire
"Great affordable stay!"
I stayed here Friday night before a job interview Saturday. Staff were very nice, the room was clean, nicely decorated and comfortable. Lovely affordable hotel and very central. Highly recommended
1 night business trip Jun 13, 2014
Lorraine
"Great Hotel for Value."
Great location, close to everything in Dublin's entertainment centre. The staff were very friendly and helpful especially Arti at reception.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
Ed
"Great location, ancient toilet"
I was only here for two nights, it was pleasant enough if you do not mind not having free WiFi in the room. The shower and the toilet was the worst, too old. The best, a great centre location.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
Luison1903
"Quality on a budget"
Excellent, clean and convenient . reccommended
1 night romance trip Mar 9, 2014
Aguerooooooooo
"Very Close to Many Main sights"
Really good. Hotel was very nice, staff were friendly. Very very close to main shopping and other sights in dublin.
1 night trip with friends Feb 19, 2014
Niamh Foley
"Basic hotel in a great location"
Short trip to Dublin for work for 5 days. I chose to stay at Travelodge for it's close location to my venue for work. It has a great location near St Stephen's Green and Grafton Street. Room was small but fine for one person. Room and bathroom clean. Restaurant downstairs provided breakfast for small fee and had free wifi. Otherwise had to pay for wifi for the room. Staff were friendly.
Other trip Feb 13, 2014
Nat
"One goes wild in Dublin"
This hotel is ideally situated for all the main attractions, entertainment and dining in Dublin. Whilst slightly worn the hotel had everything I needed. However, the prices were hugely inflated for the rugby international. Staff were excellent very helpful. Will definitely stay there again . Could have done with free Wifi
2 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2014
"Nice and cheap hotel"
The hotel was nice, perfectly situated in the city centre, friendly staff and the price was relatively cheap.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
I have stayed here lots of times but I'm afraid I won't be in any rush back. The bathroom was not cleaned properly and the trouser press was hanging off the wall. The place needs an overhaul to return it to it former glory.
1 night trip Nov 17, 2013
"close to main shopping area"
Very good and convenient location - walk to all shops and centre city. Room small but comfortable. No Bar but nice restaurant for breakfast.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2013
"Good hotel for short stay"
Stayed for one night to go to concert. Hotel was ok, room was fine and wasn't overpriced
Other trip Sep 21, 2013
Liam
"Excellent for my purpose of visit"
Relaxing! I look forward to doing it again, but with my wife who could not make the trip this time. Room for improvement with room service and assistance with luggage though.
3 night trip Sep 11, 2013
"Nice hotel and very central to Grafton st"
Stayed just one night but was very comfortable. Needs a bit updating decor wise. Also a bit too costly at 94euro for one person for the night. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Very impressed that they take pets, so next ti e I will bring my little dog and he can stay in my room for an extra 20euro.
Other trip Aug 30, 2013
The hotel was in an excellent location but was generally in need of an overhaul in regard to room presentation. The housekeeping service was very poor with rooms not made up until early evening, if at all,each day. The reception staff were mostly helpful and friendly.
5 night trip Aug 14, 2013
Murray
"travel lodge"
The shower was cold. The information booklet did not specify that a particular switch should be on (we discovered this by chance the following morning). Other than that everything was fine.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
"Clean and spacious room but should have free wifi"
Clean and tidy room but must be the only hotel in this price range without free Wifi, at least in public areas. Likely to stay elsewhere in future because of this inconvenience
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
"Location Good. Room Quality not so good."
I know that Dublin is not used to summer temperatures exceeding 25C but even so the air-con in the rooms was not great. The first night the unit was dripping so bad that a huge puddle had formed on the carpet by morning. We changed rooms but even the second room had a wet carpet. The sinks were cracked and a the fittings were all getting a bit old. Fortunately a short walk from Grafton Street shops and pubs!
2 night trip Jul 20, 2013
"Uncomfortable room with no a/c and poor service"
The hotel is located well near St Stephens Green and not too far from the main shopping street, but that was one of the only positives of our stay. We arrived on a day of 27 degrees and the room was even hotter with no air conditioning or windows that really opened. The staff were extremely unhelpful, bringing the smallest fan that kept us awake all night with the noise. A double bed was turned into two twins that did not sit together. The room was clean, and spacious but we would still no stay here again, as it was not good value for money.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
Shippers
"Yes and No"
Fabulous location, handy to all the sights and shopping. Staff friendly, efficient and very helpful. Breakfast (with the new caterering team) excellent - highly recommended. Bed very comfortable. But.... our room had no power-point in the bathroom, and only one in the bedroom. It was equipped with the very barest of basics... 2 cups, 2 saucers, 2 spoons and a kettle. Just an empty space where the bar-fridge used to be. Supplies were rationed - tiny quantities, not always replaced, of soap, tea, coffee, milk. etc. The toilet-paper ran out... luckily we had brought our own tissues, as these weren't supplied. We bought our own milk but without a fridge, it went off. So we had to go out for all meals, coffee etc. I would recommend the hotel for a night or two, but not for a longer stay.
Other trip Jul 17, 2013
"easy to get to all attractions in temple bar"
Staff were helpful and friendly, great to stay overnight for event or business. Hotel is in a convienient location. I feel however the rooms are so v basic that I would not use for romantic getaway etc.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013
"Fine place to stay"
This hotel is undergoing renovations, so what could be an excellent experience is still pleasing. The first glance coming off the street is deceiving - looks like an office. This is quickly changed by the friendliness and helpfulness of the reception staff. The room was clean though small - but not unusual for Europe. Anything that was needed was provided. The hotel restaurant was renovated and opened the first morning we were there. I think we were their fourth customers. The food was actually very, very good! The service excellent. I would recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jun 27, 2013
Mo
"Great location & reasonable price"
Highly recommended.
1 night business trip Apr 23, 2013
booked room thru hotels.com. Bed and breakfast basis. Informed after breakfast that we had to pay for breakfast, We were told it was Hotels.com mistake and If we had a problem to take it up with them other than that prefect.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2013
margaret
Excellent value for money and good central location.
1 night trip Apr 4, 2013
"Within walking distance of great shopping."
Staff very nice and helpful in hotel and Cafe.
1 night trip Feb 20, 2013
"Good Location, met expectations"
The hotel is in a god location, close to the main centre of Dublin. Staff were friendly and overall the hotel met my expectations of a Travelodge. Only gripe was that the Air conditioning unit kept me awake.
Other trip Feb 14, 2013
Oz
"So central"
This hotel is slap bang in the centre of Dublin, close to Grafton Street, pubs & shopping. It isn't luxurious but the room was clean and quiet.
1 night trip Feb 7, 2013
"Basic accommodation in great location"
Great location, good room rate. I stayed with two colleagues, each of us in separate rooms. Some of the basics were missing - one room was missing an iron (that we requested), another was missing shower gel, my room was cold and the heating controls were useless. I guess you get what you pay for...
1 night business trip Jan 31, 2013
"great location, so-so room"
The location was definitely ideal with convenient discounted parking right next door. Staff was perfectly fine too. Our room was NOTHING like pictured on the site, and was really outdated and quite musty smelling. But it was fine for a one night stay before heading out.
1 night trip Jan 27, 2013
HW
"Great for central, no frill overnight city centre"
If visiting the grafton street area this hotel is a perfect location, basic room, no frills..perfect to lay your head in a clean, quiet place a short walk from shops, cafes etc. functional room, no heater in bathroom making for chilly trips to the loo only complaint. Would return if wanted cheap & cheerful central overnight stay.
1 night trip Jan 19, 2013
Kate
"small, poorly maintained"
On an ugly part of the street, but very close to Stephen's Green area. I had a double room on fourth floor, was quiet. Poor maintenance: 3 lightbulbs in the room not working, heating controls flawed, no extractor fan in bathrooms. But it was quiet and peaceful, the bed was comfortable, staff were helpful. Just needs better maintenance and attention to detail that a small hotel in central Dublin should have.
2 night family trip Jan 18, 2013
"convenient location"
very goog value for money
1 night trip Jan 18, 2013
moe
"Great affordable hotel"
This was a great hotel, very central and the staff were incredibly helpful. They have a great breakfast in a very comfortable room with a big open fire. We've already planned to stay there again.
Other trip Jan 16, 2013
"Good location, hotel a bit tired"
We were in Dublin for New Year and had an excellent time
3 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2012
"Good Value and close to all amenities"
I found the room very clean and comfortable, nice and quiet in the room I was staying in. the hotel did provide toiletries even though it stated that these were extra! my only negative comment would be the chip in the centre of the bath but since it didn't detract much from my stay, I just mentioned it on checkout. Overall a pleasant experience and very good value.
1 night trip Dec 20, 2012