All hotels in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States of America
3001 Harbor Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33316, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.8
    2.5
"A comfortable resort with amazing food"
The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The food was amazing (great ribs) and flexible menu upon request. The room was comfortable and clean with plenty of space. The only issue was that the beds were not the best support in any sleep position. The proximity to the ocean was convenient and just across the street. The pool and area were clean and a relaxing setting.
1 night business trip Aug 14, 2015
Chad
"Look elsewhere"
This hotel places most of its resources in upkeep of its restaurant/bar. The rest of the place is falling apart. Booked it for one night before and one night after my cruise from the nearby port. After staying there on the outbound leg of my trip, I cancelled the return stay and booked elsewhere. I actually didn't feel safe at night in my room. Place is overun by derelicts and my room was in a building across the street and up the block from the main office. There was a muddy dirt path leading to the building itself from the street and no lights. The room itself was spaceous, but cracks and bubbling paint all on walls and ceiling. Water didn't go down in bathtub. I had to use a spork to pull out a wad of hair in the drain. Also, toilet seat was missing one of the 2 screws, so it slid to the side every time you sat (I suggest squatting). I'm not picky when it comes to cheap hotels for a one night stay, but there surely won't be a 2nd night for me here.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
"Very Disapointed with Stay"
The pictures presented with a very nice view, however upon arrival at location was shocked. The pictures must have been taken several years ago when it was first built. We entered to room to the smell of ammonia which was urine saturated carpet. We would not put anything but bottled water into the refrigerator due to the smell from within it. There was some type of small red bugs in the bathroom that would move about when you entered, they clumped in bunches in the corners. We immediately went to Walgreens and purchased Lysol spray to help with the smell of the room and Bug spray to get rid of the bugs. We would have left and found other accommodations had it not been for the rules of the Resort that once you check in your Credit Card was charged for the full nights you had registered for. We were there for 4 days and night. On top of this, they state in their listing that if you use their valet parking it will be 10.00 per day. We parked our own vehicle and was still charged the 10.00 per day. I had to go to the desk to ask for an iron and ironing board and the ironing board was one of those that you site on a table for ironing. The electric sockets were really bad. The hair dryer would stop running if you moved a certain way, the iron would go off, our phones chargers were very positional. The sockets were just worn out. No Manager on site on Sunday at 11:00 during check out to discuss these issues with. We immediately
4 night business trip Aug 5, 2015
Roxanna
Hip no frills overnight stay... Bar Great!
1 night trip Aug 7, 2015
"ONLY VALET PARKING AT A PRICE!"
They don't tell you up front that there is ONLY valet parking and charge $10/day per vehicle! Location was great but a little shabby. Noisy room Ac unit.
5 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
Jamie
"Just like home."
Went for my wifes birthday. We lived in south florida for 20 years and always stayed at 5 star plush hotels on or near the beach for double the price. Problem was the atmosphere at those places are 'stuffy' and we always took a cab to Bahia Cabana to enjoy our time away and the cab back to the hotel we were staying at. This year we stayed at the place we always go back to and really enjoyed the stay. Hats off to the staff for making our stay awesome. Really a home feel for those that just want to relax and undo a belt notch.
3 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
raymond
"FL"
We were driving back from Key West and decided to extend our vacation by a couple of days. This resort looked fun! However, we were put in a nasty run down room across the road and down the street. It was gross. The small a/c unit barely worked and the beds were uncomfortable. The bathroom was disgusting.
2 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Penny
"Had a nice 2 day stay"
Location is the best reason to stay here. The $99 price is too high when I've stayed at $59 motels in boring places & had the same quality of a room. Love the bar & restaurant there. Plenty of places to walk around there or other restaurants and bars to visit in the beach area there.
Response by Bahia Cabana Beach Resort
Thank you for your comment we hope you will stay with us again soon. Thanks, Frank Torrez
1 night business trip Jun 4, 2015
"Party on!"
Funky 60's hotel with public spaces filled with partying vacationers. The room was clean but the carpeting was damp and mildewy. There was live music right outside the room door, a pool table etc. Great place if you want to party, not so much if you want quiet. The internet didn't work in the room - I had to sit in the lobby for internet. Fantastic location across the street from the a beach park and a bargain price.
1 night business trip May 9, 2015
"All location, needs renovation"
The room was a bit small, the tv was fine, it was new, but once I walked into the bathroom I noticed an army of ants crawling along the walls, and later found out they were all crawling towards a dead cockroach under the sink! It was disgusting, and there was dark mold on the shower handle. Seriously in need of extensive renovation and mold removal.
Other trip May 11, 2015
Natalie
"awful"
We checked in went to the room it was gross, we were there 5 minutes and literally checked out. We would Never go there again.
1 night family trip May 1, 2015
They told us it was a newly renovated room, the only thing they did was slap a coat of paint on the walls. The king bed was so bad we kept rolling to the center. The tub filled with water when you showered and the water was a yellow color. Will never stay there again, would not recommend it either.
Other trip May 3, 2015
D
"The dump"
The room smelled and they were cranking music at 8 in the morning waking everyone
Response by Bahia Cabana Beach Resort
Sorry for your recent issues at the hotel. I have shared this review with our housekeeping supervisor. We try and put our best effort into all our rooms here. Sometimes things fall through the cracks. I will mention the music to the Food and Beverage department. Thanks, Frank Torrez
1 night romance trip Apr 29, 2015
james
"Rooms were very antiquated. Needs modernization"
Room was dirty. Had to get a different room. The hotel needs to modernize itself. Everything was antiquated. I wouldn't stay again.
Response by Bahia Cabana Beach Resort
So sorry for your issues at the hotel. We are under new management so we are working on the small issues we have at the hotel. Thanks, Frank Torrez
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
Amalin
"Last time at this place!"
Staff didn't clean thoroughly. "Free wifi" didn't work in room, which was in a separate building from building housing the lobby, where connection was spotty at best.
Response by Bahia Cabana Beach Resort
Sorry for your issues at the hotel. We were having issues with our wifi but it has been fixed. I hope you will give us another chance to win your business back. Thanks, Frank Torrez
7 night romance trip Apr 22, 2015
"there are issues"
great location, the room was dated but clean, the hotel staff did not charge me when i checked out before by reservation was exhausted, but there was also renovation happening that made it very difficult to even get to the front desk.
Response by Bahia Cabana Beach Resort
Sorry for your inconvenience at check-in we were right in the middle of upgrading the lobby area of the hotel. Glad the room was very clean as housekeeping does a great job. We look forward to your next stay with us. Thanks, Frank Torrez
4 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
"Basic, clean, great location, good deal"
When I arrived at 10 am, I was surprised to be able to check in right away. The room was right next door to the bar, but I was willing to tolerate the noise. I immediately discovered the wi-fi access in the room was not working. When I stepped outside to the pool area, it worked great. I notified the front desk and they advised the issue would be looked into. They seemed genuinely concerned. I asked to be relocated to another room. This room was very quiet, the wi-fi access was great and the bed was very comfortable. It is not as nice as other name brand chains nearby, but I have had issues with all of them, and I shouldn't for the prices I have paid at these other hotels. If your are willing to accept a basic comfortable room, the Bahia Cabana will fulfill that need. If something is not to your liking, notify the front desk and they will do whatever they can to accommodate you.
Response by Bahia Cabana Beach Resort
Thank you for your comments. We do try and make all guests comfortable during their stay. Please come stay again soon. Thanks, Frank Torrez
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
"Party in the Sun"
I just wanted a long weekend in Lauderdale which wasn't going to break the bank. The Bahia Cabanas fit the bill perfectly. The hotel itself is old school, small clean room with a relatively comfortable bed. The staff was especially friendly. My room was adjacent to the bar/pool table/pool; the bar closes late/the party later. This may not be the place for you if you're looking for a quiet secluded getaway. I had fun while I was there though. The food at the restaurant was fresh, tasty and reasonable priced.
Response by Bahia Cabana Beach Resort
Thank You for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel. The food is very good, I will be sure to share this review with the staff. Please visit us soon. Thanks, Frank Torrez
4 night trip Apr 16, 2015
Bradley
"Room Location"
12:45AM I went to front desk and requested room change. First room located right near an outside pool table that people were loud and playing at all hours. The outside bar TV's were on but that bar was not open. Heard every single thing as the room is not "insulated" well. There should be time limits for pool playing when guests are located near it. However; they were very accommodating and moved and upgraded my room that night.
Response by Bahia Cabana Beach Resort
Thank You for your recent comment. Sorry we had to move you around so much. Some room types are by the nosier areas of the hotel. Please come and see us soon. Thanks, Frank Torrez
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Laurie
"I'll be back!"
All my requests were cheerily and promptly fulfilled. We love the fish tacos! Oh, and the egg white and grits breakfast.
5 night family trip Mar 29, 2015
Anita
"Very cheap. Probably too cheap."
Stayed two nights. Hotel is in a great location for a low price--and you get what you pay for. Very old property, run-down, and the bathroom in our room was just...well, gross, really. Air conditioner made weird noises all night, and as I was checking out a family was complaining about gross yellow water coming out of their shower. As a base of operations for Spring Breakers who don't care much about quality, this is a good choice. For functioning adults to bring their families for a relaxing vacation? Not so much. Also they lost our tax-exempt forms and we had to email them new ones.
2 night business trip Mar 27, 2015
"Bring your own drinks to the hotel"
Room needed updating but clean. Love the restaurant but was totally disappointed that drinks were $11 for a very small plastic cup.. did not order a second one. For $11, it should of been a larger drink.
1 night trip with friends Mar 22, 2015
"Spring Break"
It's a good location, but they overbooked tremendously and down graded us. Then they screwed up the charges on the room, and were refusing to fix their error.
6 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2015
"not happy!"
Can't understand why a $250 a night hotel would serve a below par breakfast buffet and charge their guest $25 apiece for it !
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
"Unbelievably outdated."
A complete waste of money. This was like going back to yesteryear when motels were first started.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
"Overpriced, Old, Grungy, Run-Down Property"
Bottom line, this is a very old, run-down, grungy property. It "used to be" a Days Inn according to the front desk guy. I booked last minute due to a business meeting change, so my room was in one the overflow buildings, half a block down the street. The "courtyard" of the complex was dimly lit and felt a bit unsavory. The room was REALLY rough, and had I not been so exhausted from travelling, I would have left. Though nothing special, I was surprised to find that - though nothing special -was not uncomfortable. I don't know if the main building rooms are any better, but they didn't appear to be. The only redeeming quality of the place at all was the canal side restaurant / bar. Everything about the place said the nightly rate, even near the beach, should have been no more than $65 a night. It certainly warrant the $180 that they charged.
1 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
Don
"Not at all...,"
Well this hotel is not worth the money for the room. The room reminds me of a motel... Our phone or remote didn't work. The floor was dirty and one of the beds were broken. But the walk to the beach was good. I wouldn't recommend this hotel. But the staff was nice!
1 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
"Good location, comfortable room."
The location of the hotel was good being close to the beach. The hotel room was good, being comfortable providing the amenities one would expect. The price was reasonable.
Response by Bahia Cabana Beach Resort
Thank You for your nice comments. We strive to do our very best at the hotel. Please come and see us again real soon. Thanks, Frank Torrez
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
les
"Pri med conference"
Read all the past reviews, good thing didn't pay attention to them, I thought everything was perfect for what we were expecting. New ownership is visibly working hard to improve the whole place.
3 night business trip Feb 4, 2015
"Look for other hotel options"
There was a black stain on the sofa that made me uncomfortable to sit on the sofa. The rooms were a little outdated. For the price of the room I would not stay again.
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
Deborah A
"carpet and chair covers are very dirty"
Beds and bathroom we clean couches chair's was very dirty.kitchen was clean .need to clean the carpet and chairs back
2 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
kiran
"Go Somewhere Else"
Hotel was old with mold growing on walls and staff was not pleasant, cut our stay there short and would never return. Restaurant was edible but not very good. Go somewhere else.
4 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
Tracy L
"Horrible Hotel"
Hotel was old, run down and absolutely disgusting. Mold on walls, headboard on the floor, staff not helpful probably due to working at such a nasty place and hearing so many complaints. Two rooms were booked for a business conference and checked out after second night, would have checked out immediately but too busy with conference.
4 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
Tracy L
"location great! nothing else...."
very convenient to the beach!...walking distance to our convention. Room was scary...obviously being renovated, but for $150 a night, was very disappointing! Bathroom was nasty!Thought I was going to fall thru the seat.. Kitchen cabinets were not clean. Beds were old and bouncy...good thing we spent our time out...sleeping only, but beware, they charge extra to park your car per night.....
2 night business trip Jan 20, 2015
Danielle
"Filth Near the Beach"
Filthy. Felt like I was in a dirty fraternity house. Easy location for the beach though.
1 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
"A little rough around the edges but perfect..."
The Bahia Cabana is near and dear to our hearts. It's been around forever. The management is extremely friendly. Our group has returned there year after year for pre/post stays for cruises. This was our group of friends' crashing pad after a long cruise. We were able to get into our rooms early, nap all day and enjoy the large hot tub in the evening. It's location is great and it has a good bar/restaurant overlooking the marina. It's a little rough around the edges but perfect for a clean place to lay your head and have easy access to the beach.
1 night trip with friends Jan 11, 2015
Carrie
"Good cheap beach hotel!"
Kind and helpful staff, clean but could use some updating in the building we stayed in.
Response by Bahia Cabana Beach Resort
Thank you for your comments. We do and try to maintain the hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us. Thanks, Frank Torrez
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
KK
"Good location nice staff very minimal room."
We flew in late at night went right to restaurant friendly staff good food great service. Room ok clean but not new.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
ann
"close to beach, close to partying . cheap"
I'm a single guy who came into town to visit my daugther. The hotel is walkable to the beach and a pretty long but walkable walk to good bars to party at. Part of the hotel has a bar and restraunt by the river that was great. busy, girls, boats cool place. I stayed in the back area...cheapest. room was clean. all I needed. I wouldn't bring a chick there your trying to impress but I'll stay there everytime I come to town
2 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
michael
"Two days of mold"
First off the beds looked like they were from the 60s and felt like it too. The ac didn't work well, the comforter for the bed was rough.. And to top it off, there was black mold.. Everywhere in the bathroom. Hopefully their other rooms are not this horrible
2 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2014
"Not what I was expecting"
Bar area was great people very nice. Room was old out dated and not to clean....bathroom did not look very sanitary. Would go for drinks, but would not stay again.
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
"Football"
this is the second time we have stayed there it is a little on the high side for what you get but we like being on the beach and the area. We are not in the room all that much just to sleep.
2 night trip with friends Dec 7, 2014
"Nice place, dirty room."
Old hotel in a Good location. Nice pool and bar. The worst is the cleanliness. I stayed at the room for PWD. The bathroon floor was really dirty. I asked them to clean It. When I got back, It was exactly the same.
2 night trip Dec 4, 2014
Marcos
"nasty hotel"
not a good hotel to pricy for condition a roach was in our room close to cruise port but would not stay again
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
"Excellent for the money...."
I'm glad I ignored the bad reviews. For around $100/night for a near-beachfront hotel, this place was well worth it. It's a older hotel, but its charm and location make up for the lack of modern amenities. My room had none of the negative aspects that some other reviewers mentioned. I would stay again. You are walking distance to the "strip" on the beach and that's if you even want to leave the waterfront bar right on the premises.
5 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
Jordan
"Does the job but NOT for germ-phobic people!"
The restaurant was a nice place to eat and had really pretty dang good food! Best fish sandwich ever! The hotel on the other hand.......it worked. The rooms are in desperate need of upgrading and DEEEEEEEPPPPPP cleaning. We have stayed in some pretty seedy European hotels, and this one takes the cake. If you are a germ-phobic DO NOT STAY HERE. It does the job, but had to put a LOT of essential oils on my feet to not feel completely freaked out after using the shower. Carpet also feels really slimy if you are in your bare feet.
1 night family trip Dec 6, 2014
"Needs major renovation"
Room was filthy. The bed looked like it was about 30 years old and gotten from a yard sale. You have to check in at 1 building and then walk down the street to separate building that is poorly lit and falling down.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
Dawn
"fair"
this hotel was nice is in the process of renovation the room we stayed at has a beautiful view over looking the bay absolutely gorgeous but the room smelled like mold and the water was coming out yellow???? why i have no idea ????? the staff stated that they were going to reimburse me my $ and they were going to find out with the room hopefully this matter gets resolved because overall the hotel is nice and it's in a nice area overlooking the bay. Just this room was horrible
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
rosa
"Great Restaurant/Dirty Room"
Stayed in room 606 and boy does that room need a deep clean. I thought the light plate in the room was just old, but I was wrong it was brown from dirt and lack of attention as was most of the room. I think the staff thinks its just an old room, which if it was cleaned properly they see its just dirt.
3 night romance trip Nov 24, 2014
"On the intercostal but no view"
Very convenient to the boat show! Parking and accommodations were marginal at best.
Michaet