All hotels in Salford, England, United Kingdom

• Value
    Poor value for money
    Bad pool

"My stay"
All i can say is. "excellent"
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
"great hotel"
Excellent hotel very close to the arena and the shops. Friendly staff and great service.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
maxine
"Nice hotel near city centre"
Great location, excellent room and service, good restaurant
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
steve
"Nice hotel in great location"
Nice stay in nice hotel, but very expensive to eat , drink & park your car !!
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Staff very friendly at this hotel would stay again
1 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
"We wouldn't rush back to stay at this hotel."
Hotel was a little out of the way from city centre. Lots of students hanging around outside. Room was lovely, two hairs in bathroom. Yuk. The main problem that spoilt our stay was the bar area that evening, firstly it took ages for anyone to serve you, there was as many staff as customers but waited far too long, a waiter took our order twice & still forget to serve us. Then a number of young people in a group continually up and down out of their seats, walking around no adult with them. The worse bit was the horrible, offensive drunk! I could not believe they carried on serving him at the bar, he was either staggering around, or laid on a chair with his feet on another chair. They finally had a word with him when he pulled a chair up to join two ladies and a gent that we're having... Or trying to have a quiet drink. Everyone kept looking at the staff to try and drop a hint to deal with the situation, but nothing. I wouldn't rush back to stay in this hotel and at over a £100 a night, not worth it at all.
1 night romance trip Jun 8, 2015
Excellent visit. Highly attentive staff and comfortable clean spacious rooms.
Other trip Jun 11, 2015
"Nice bedrooms, event facilities need renovating"
Hotel was first 5* in Manchester and was amazing and striking when built, but it is up against 4 other 5* hotels in Manchester, and needs upgrading. Meeting facilities look outdated, pictures look tatty, wall paper is a shade of green that would struggle to look good anywhere. The bedrooms on the other hand were spacious, comfortable, well equipped and exactly what you would hope for when booking a stay at a 5* hotel. The restaurant, bar, outside terrace and foyer were smart and fused seamlessly togetther to form a welcoming environment.
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
"OVERNIGHT STAY FOR BIRTHDAY"
We wanted somewhere to stay that felt very special for my husbands birthday, the Hotel was very clean, the room was comfortable and clean, very large bed which was really comfortable, so much so that we overslept. The staff was very friendly and attentive couldn't fault the hotel in any way at all and would definately stay again and recommend to friends and family. Thankyou for making our stay so memorable
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
MICHELLE
"Great hotel close to the city"
We stayed here for 1 night and the staff couldn't do enough for you, from the minute you arrive to when you leave. We will be staying again.
Other trip Jun 7, 2015
chris
"City centre hotel"
We had difficulty fonding the hotel by car. Salford was a bit confusing as it was close to Deansgate. Very friendly and helpful reception and concierge staff.
Other trip Jun 7, 2015
"Great city centre luxury"
Fantastic service great value. Although breakfast is expensive you can stay as long as you like in the restaurant with a huge range of hot and cold food and drinks. Bedrooms large and very comfortable with super king beds and blackout curtains that work. Staff very good too a warm welcome and departure
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
laura
"Lovely hotel overlooking river."
We had a really lovely stay at the lowry for my wifes 30th. Nothing was too much for the staff and the room was fantastic.
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
Gareth
"Real Shame"
Since the attachment of Rocco Forte has been removed, the standards are certainly slipping. Service has deteriorated greatly and they have now introduced the 'buffet style breakfast' which in my opinion is a move in the wrong direction! queue for your food only to find most items are empty, or cold, or both. Not Good
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Stephen
"Amazing"
Excellent stay
1 night trip May 26, 2015
Robbyn
"AMAZING hotel"
Lovely hotel,couldnt fault a thing. In centre of everything
Kate
"Overnight stay"
Lovely hotel, staff very friendly and helpful. Food excellent. Overall a very enjoyable stay.
Other trip May 31, 2015
Bev
"The Lowry - fantastic!"
Very enjoyable stay
4 night business trip May 25, 2015
"A stopover after concert"
Nice hotel, but riverside location not quite what as I expected as I had visions of cafes/bars etc surrounding, but it was appartment/offices and a site ready for redevelopment. Not the hotel's fault, I should have researched better, and shops/bars nightlife are only a five minute walk away. The benefit of the location is that it's very quiet. The hotel itself is modern and contemporary. The staff were all great, a special mention should go to the doorman who was always friendly and helpful. A couple of niggles (1) toiletries were not replenished automatically, further supplies arrived quickly on request, but I would expect this automatically at this procepoint (2) something corrosive had be dropped on th carpet in the wardrobe area and had left a bald patch. Again this needed to be dealt with. Overall, a nice stay but not quite perfect.
Other trip May 30, 2015
D
"First impressions count."
We were expecting the wow factor. First impressions didn't impress us in comparison to the pictures on the Internet..Bitterly disappointed
Patrick
"Luxury doesn't cost the earth."
Excellent 1 night stay with the wife. The biggest bed we have ever slept in! We could have got a "budget brand" hotel for £30 less but so glad that we didn't. Will book again next time we are in Manchester.
Nicholas
"Very comfortable, centrally positioned hotel."
From the moment my husband and I arrived at the hotel, we found the staff to be extremely attentive. Everyone had a smile and a positive approach. The champagne and the chocolates delivered to our room with a hand written anniversary card was a thoughtful touch. Service in the lounge and the restaurant was excellent and the additional features such as the hair salon and the spa, although we didn't use them, looked good. We had family members with us and they agreed that we should book treatments next time we visit the hotel! We had a lovely meal for our anniversary and we especially appreciated the suggestions about dessert wine and the special anniversary platter. We found it a great place for a relaxing break, with plenty to do close to the hotel. Also it was great to be able to park the car and walk across the bridge into the city.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Judith
"Just right"
I booked the hotel as an impulse when arranging a theatre performance at the Royal Exchange with my wife. The hotel experience made for a memorable evening long to be remembered.
Other trip May 25, 2015
"Top hotel in Manchester"
Great choice for a short stay in the city would recommend to all
Other trip May 23, 2015
"On the whole very good."
Only a few minor niggles prevent me giving full marks. I'm sure the hotel will defend by saying 'tell me and we would have resolved the niggles', but I'm sorry for this price you shouldn't have to. Minor niggle example: Booked a twin room for my 2 sons. Got a double room. Running late to meet friends when we checked in so didn't want the hassle of moving rooms. (As their room was next to mine so it would probably meant moving both rooms).
1 night family trip May 15, 2015
"Excellent night's sleep"
Loved it. Gorgeous large room. 5 minute walk from Deansgate with easy parking. Best night's sleep I have had in a hotel.
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"Lowry break"
Very friendly and welcoming ( Andrew ?) Hotel and rooms were spotless with good facilities. Situated close to shops, restaurants yet quiet. Would return
1 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
"Birthday Stay"
Great location for shopping, enjoyed spa treatments & good hotel gym. Breakfast was excellent, nice to take your time as served till 11am. Only criticism was car park fee - £16.50 for less than 24hrs when you are a resident is ridiculous! Next time will drop off my Mum & luggage and park around the corner for less than half the price. Spoilt what was otherwise a lovely birthday break.
Other trip May 17, 2015
N
"Amazing place to stay!!"
We stayed here the night before the great Manchester run as my girlfriend was running. The hotel and staff were brilliant, letting us check out at 3 on the Sunday free of charge so that my girlfriend had time to get a shower and changed after the race. After checkout we had lunch in the Riverside bar which was fantastic, great atmosphere and lovely food.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
Niall
"I'll spa next time!"
Lovely stay, very comfortable bed, just sad it wasn't long enough to sample the Spa!
2 night business trip May 5, 2015
"Fautless"
Fautless. The superior room with river view was huge, the staff couldn't do enough to help and they offered free late checkout and some free prosecco and strawberries for my wife's birthday. If you're there for a romantic break you should definitely order breakfast to your room - it's beyond compare. It's a good job I checked out late, it took us nearly 4 hours to get through it all. Cocktails in the bar were excellent too.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
"4 Star hotel"
The hotel is in a good location, but this is not five star. Much better hotels available in Manchester.
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Good hotel, shame about the details."
The hotel was clean, well appointed and in an ideal location for easy access to the city centre. The staff were all extremely polite and helpful. The only issue was that we'd erroneously been charged for 5 telephone calls from the room which we hadn't made... however, the gentleman on the desk cleared these from the bill. My only other gripe is the carpark charge. When you pay such a premium for a hotel, to be hit with a £17 bill for parking (when there is a carpark next door that charges £5) is verging on the ridiculous.
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"rude receptionist"
The hotel is well situated in the centre of Manchester and the room was a good size but a little dated. However, my biggest gripe was the third degree and the rudeness of the man that check me in. He was utterly obnoxious, asking question that were utterly none of his business.
1 night trip May 3, 2015
Aisha
From the minute we drew up the staff were friendly, professional, exceptionally helpful, the room was roomy and well appointed, the bar has a really nice atmosphere, piano and singer were excellent, breakfast was fab.
Other trip May 9, 2015
Woody
Wasn't sure what to expect but very happy with the experience. Big rooms, clean, great staff and hotel design. Hotel spa and bar also had a great vibe. Loved it!
Other trip May 7, 2015
"Still the best."
Still without doubt the best in Manchester. Customer service second to none.
Other trip May 5, 2015
shaun
"Great hotel close to deans gate"
Hotel Staff very accomodating and friendly nice environment close to all city atractions great stay and trying to plan another
Other trip May 4, 2015
amanda
Booked at last minute and got a very good rate. Stayed many times and always impressed with the overall quality of the hotel. With Spinningfields complex only a few minutes walk it makes the location very convenient for great restaurants and bars.
Other trip May 3, 2015
Excellent from start to finish. You don't normally see this quality of service from UK hotels. I would definitely return and would recommend to all - business or pleasure.
Other trip May 3, 2015
Andy
"Great hotel close to the city center"
Everything was fine, great service, the room is very spacious. the unique negative point was the fire alarm at 5.30 a.m the first night! A bit scaring, and no one of the personell has come in the corridor to at least reassure us. I would recommend this hotel
Other trip May 2, 2015
"Not the best Manchester has to offer"
I stay in a lot of hotels throughout the UK and I was especially looking forward the 5 star treatment at the Lowry. The hotel itself is immaculate and its great to be greeted so warmly. That said, my room was a little tired and the little 5 star touches you'd expect were missing. I was dismayed there was, what appeared to be, make-up on my bedding when I turned in for the night (trust me i dont wear any) and I was also charged £4 for a bottle of water that is usually complimentary, even in a 3 star hotel. I also found £15 for parking a little much and had to argue my case that I'd not had breakfast so as not have to pay for that either. Undoubtedly a 5 star hotel but unfortunately a 3 star experience.
1 night business trip Apr 27, 2015
dean
"Gorgeous room, lovely staff and amazing food"
Had a truly amazing break. We were really lucky and we're awarded the Guests of The Day upgrade. This meant the room was upgraded to a suite. A free cocktail each in the bar. A bottle of wine and a bowl of fruit in the room. We would definitely book again, but not just because of the upgrade. The hotel was very modern. The food was amazing. The staff were friendly, professional and helpful. We loved it.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
GJo
"Lowry"
Great. Right in the centre of town Lovely hotel and friendly staff
1 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
Phil
"Amazing Hotel!"
From the minute we got out of the car we were treated like royalty. Everything about The Lowery is just lovely. The staff, the customer service and the room were all amazing. We only paid £118 for one night and I can't quite believe we got it for that.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
I was very impressed with this hotel. The location couldn't be better with trains and shopping within a few minutes walk. The staff were amazing, the food was wonderful and the cocktails were something else. The only thing wrong with the weekend was that I had to go home.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Great hotel in a great location"
Everything is first class and all the best restaurants in Manchester are only a short walk away !
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
ian
"Exceptional Staff"
Great hotel however the driveway into the front of the hotel and car park give a dubious first impression. The hotel staff were first rate from the doorman to reception to bar staff. They are a tremendous asset and credit to the hotel.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Alec
"Luxurious modern hotel in the city centre"
Fabulous 'very large' room looking right down the river. We enjoyed a lovely afternoon sat on the restaurant terrace, soaking up the Easter sunshine with a bottle of white, a meze of grilled vegetables, dips and really nicely cooked chips all served up by pleasant staff
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
"Another great stay."
3rd stay since the start of the year. No desire to stay elsewhere. Staff are truly customer focussed. Great stay. Young couple.
1 night romance trip Apr 5, 2015