All hotels in Independence, Ohio, United States of America
5555 Brecksville Road, Independence, OH, 44131, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

1.9
    2.4
    1.9
    1.5
    2.7
"Non-Smoed rooms burnt sheets"
The smoke alarm kept going off alarm in the whole building for several hours. In the bathroom only one light worked and there was no toliet paper. One light worked in the whole room.plus the ceiling was leaking water all night. We were told no other room was available. My wife's shoes and pants got soaking wet and damaged. When we awakened in the morning.we told the front desk but we got no response from any of the personal. The place was just nasty. I would like to be paid for damage to our clothes, because of the ceiling leaking onto our things. The front desk clerk said she would let management know. This was a non smoking but yet the bedding had burn holes and the pillows smelled of cigarette smoke. The whole hotel had a foul odor. I would never stay there again or recommend it to an enemy.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
mark
I don't usually do this but it's a must. Overall I believe this was my worst hotel experience. The place had a terrible odor, we found bedbugs, our room was dirty, the carpet was sticky, the place had ran out of clean towels & toilet paper. Our "breakfast area" was filthy , the pool was closed because it was also filthy and I don't think I've ever seen so many cats in one place in my entire life. I do not recommend anyone to stay at that hotel , especially with their families.
2 night family trip Jul 20, 2014
"smoky mess"
First thing is they charged me to stay after I already paid Expedia. The elevator was filthy and smelled like smoke as well as the hall. Looked like this place has never been cleaned. The room did smell a little better but still a stench of cigaret smoke lingered. There was literally blood stains on the carpet. Avoid this dump at all cost! I also asked for a wake up call that they forgot to make.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Second Worst in my life"
I've only stayed at one place worse than this one in years of travel. Of the two elevators, only one works and it takes forever; once inside one wonders how old it can be, it was dilapidated. Stepping out into the hallway it just looked seedy and opening the door to my room I was greeted by a single curtain hung at each end but swagging at all spots between. The shower curtain was torn and the sheets had several cigarette holes burned in them. When I went down for breakfast, it was pitiful and there was no effort to improve anything - the syrup bottle had a broken lid and dripped syrup everywhere, the waffle maker stuck so much it was unusable and they had no cooking spray to fix it. The milk for cereal sat out unrefrigerated for the duration of several hours. As the milk got warmer by the hour, the coffee got colder since it was not on a brewer. There was hardly anything to recommend this property aside from its exterior which looked reasonably attractive but it was just heavy make up on a hooker.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Hotel was a little run-down"
The hotel was okay for the price but certainly nothing special. Pool was nice for the kids A lot of the shrubbery outside is overgrown. Modest continental breakfast served. Probably better for business travelers or young adults who are not especially picky.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
"Too costly for what you get."
I am usual surprised by comments left by users. It always seems like they were looking for a five star experience at a budget (read cheap) hotel. I'm more understanding but in the case of this stay, I have to comment. The room was pretty clean but sparse with the furniture. Hotel was in shabby shape. It states breakfast included. Do not bother. Do not. The "breakfast" that these places serve you are usually a joke, but I can get by and find something. This one was dismal. Juice machine did not work. Your choices were coffee (I passed), bagels but no toaster and nothing to put on them, cereal - did not see any milk, and the waffle machine. There was a 2 person table in a 6x8 foot space to eat. Luckily I was the only person there. To improve the experience the janitor/front counter worker decided to mop that area as I "enjoyed" my breakfast (waffle with imitation syrup). As he swabbed back and forth, he even struck my foot with the mop (said nothing). This is just poor when you consider how much the room cost. Not at all worth the stay.
1 night business trip Jun 26, 2014
T
"Needs Improvement"
Dirty, cig burns in carpet. Low quality towels etc. really needs an improvement. Relocated to another hotel for second weeks stay.
5 night business trip Jun 18, 2014
Brad
Very dirty, no elevator working, no towels, stained sheets. TERRIBLE
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Very run down"
The staff was friendly enough. That's about it. The pool was still green (in June), but being cleaned to open in a few days. The breakfast had stale bagels and the orange juice machine didn't work or wasn't pulled in. Did not try the waffles and no milk for the cold cereal, we passed. The room was freshly painted and the bed comfortable. The telephone didn't work at all (not even a dial tone), the coffee maker didn't work and there weren't any cups if it had. The dinasour TV didn't have a remote and there was mold around the tub. The walls were very thin and you could hear the people next to you and across the hall (yelling). The key didn't work the second day and rather than reprogram it, the desk clerk just let us in.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
Cupcake
"Needed update in order to be in the market"
Stay was ok but I think a little update would make this place better for the price thy expecting
1 night trip May 27, 2014
"You get what you pay for"
Stayed in Cleveland for one night. Went to check out the Casinos in town and just hang out.. The hotels out side is old but acceptable. Easy to get too. Mexican restaurant in front very busy and 10 percent off if you are staying in the hotel . The room was a $60 room. not a 100 to 150 dollar room. Bed comfortable we checked it all out no problems. We even do this in Vegas paying more. If you are some one that goes to Vegas you could compare this place to the old side of the Four queens compared to the Golden Nugget. We would go back. Break fast is the hot waffle iron that most places have and cereal bagel coffee and juices. I was happy .If you are a picky pick and old creeps you out do not go. If you want out standing and shiny then dig deep in the Cleveland area and spend the 100 or so bucks.
Other trip May 25, 2014
"Needs a facelift"
Okay to just sleep there, but if I had family with me and was there other than to sleep/shower, I would have moved on.
Other trip May 25, 2014
"WORST Hotel stay ever!"
The person at checkin acted as if he had never used a computer. Was wearing stocking hat, unprofessional clothing, couldn't find my reservation, would take my Itinerary #, chose to look thru their email to find it, 20 minutes later I had a room key. Entire atmosphere in lobby was creepy and felt unsafe. In room found 1 towel with 3 holes in it and a tub mat. No other towels!!! Cigarette burns in sheets, Room phone broken, did not work to even call front desk. Scared to sleep on bed linens, slept in my clothes on top of my jacket and used my duffel bag as a pillow. Used my cell phone to call in morning for towels. Was told "we don't have any towels to bring you, will see if I can find any" After 35 minutes, was brought 1 bath towel and hand towel and a tub mat. Too late I had already used my pajamas to dry off!!!! Worst stay ever ever ever. I called my credit card company to put a stop on the charge but was told I need to wait until it hits my account. I will be disputing this charge.
Other trip May 22, 2014
lisa
"Reservation was lost-cancelled"
Given a room that was not clean pillow case thought had stains was actually just not changed bathroom was not clean soap and shampoo from last customer still in shower was given a different room the hall light by room was out never fixed or replaced while we were there 3days 2nights worst hotel ever stayed at
Other trip May 17, 2014
"Expected more"
I was already feeling defeated at 2am when I got to the room since I accidentally booked a day later than what I wanted and had no option of a refund/transfer. Get into the room and there was some kind of mess in the bath tub...possibly vomit. Weird red stains on the carpet. It was a smoking room that didn't have an ash tray. The breakfast area was really sloppy and messy. Will not be heightened again.
Other trip May 7, 2014
Geoff
"I do not recommend"
First the hotel is behind a restaurant. The building has no sign so it looks like an apartment complex. We drive up to park and there are only two cars ( more than likely the employees) we look up and there are shoes in the wire ? We try to get in the building and it say please use other door we go to the other door and that door is held open by duck tape around the door handle ? We come in and the staff are eating in front of us with no uniform just regular tank top and jeans so we don't know the difference if they are workers or not. We get our key and use the elevator to the room. The elevator takes about 3 hops before opening ( unsafe elevator I have ever used. The hallway looks like a horror film with no picture and hardly any light. We walked up to our room and check the bed and there are holes all over the mattress . The oldest mattress set you have ever seen. The carpet had stains all over it and the wall light was coming apart. All this and the girlfriend and I was horrified. Of course I canceled the room and got reservations to a name brand hotel, had to pay more but definitely worth it. Never again am I taking the cheap route. The staff was understanding and offered my money back.
Other trip May 5, 2014
eddie
"Very Deceiving Picture"
We only needed a room for one night and made a reservation at the last minute; I guess you get what you pay for. Not impressed at all. The coke machine on our floor made a humming noise all night, luckily for us it was at the other end of the hall. The "continental breakfast" was disappointing also. My husband & I are from here, been out of town for an extended stay. We had to come back to the area for a few days & decided to get a room instead because we have people staying at our house. Luckily we only booked it for one night because you can't cancel reservations on Expedia.
Other trip May 3, 2014
"Extremely dirty."
We didnt stay there. We cancelled our reservations.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"Not good"
Arrival had to call front desk for a few things that should've been already in room. Towels had yellow stains on them. Breakfast food wasn't good
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
kandy
"Bad Stay"
Rooms need attention and is located in a bad districk
Other trip Apr 12, 2014
Ron
"hotel was located in the perfect location"
This motel is very old. Blankets had big burn holes in the. The Jacuzzi did nothing but shoot dirt out the jets even after filling and draining several times. we had no HBO, No phone in the room. The coffee pot still had coffee grounds in the pot from prior customers. I am so disgusted and very upset at the money I spent to stay in a room with a Jacuzzi that I couldn't use. I let them know how I felt when I left and she told me she would let someone know. WOW!!!!!
2 night romance trip Mar 27, 2014
Dodie Wallace
"Do not stay"
Dirty sheets; one set of towels for 2 adults and one towel had a gaping hole in it. Not much interaction with staff but clerk was pleasant. Absolutely would not recommend this hotel. Will be sure we post our unpleasant stay to our followers to avoid this hotel at all cost.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
B
Was a little hard to find, but staff was very friendly and helpful when we got there. Room was clean
Other trip Mar 25, 2014
"Do not stay here if you can."
I booked this hotel because it's closer to my work place than the other hotel I stayed for about 2 weeks. Do not stay here if you have any other options or pay a couple more dollars and stay at somewhere else. This hotel was dirty, lights were not working and you can hear people in the next room talk, laugh and something else all night long. Bugs getting inside your room through the vent in restroom. Only good thing I can remember was the maid was a little friendly.
7 night trip Mar 7, 2014
andy
"close to home."
The staff was nice check in and out. The hotel pictured was not where we stayed. It was dark and no direction in the parking lot. There were no towels in the room and no WiFi. Spider webs on the ceiling.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
Dee
"Just gross"
This hotel stay away from!! This hotel had only a couple working lights in the hallway in the floor I stayed on, the bed sheets was stained(before I slept on them just something I do pull the covers back and look at the sheets) no one came to change them, to the point I had to go get them and some towels because none was in the room!! I was given more dirty sheets no towels!! I left the sheets on their desk!! The smellwas like old cigarettes!! The carpet was so so very filthy!! so called sitting area in my so called sitting area in my room(which was not a king suite) was a dirty green chair in the corner! There was no phone in the room if you had to make a call you have to go downstairs use the phone at the desk!! The breakfast was looking as if they went to another hotel and stole they breakfast!! The owners was their and cared not to hear about they hotel, maybe because they already know!! I would never never never stay there again I'll sleep in a car first!!
2 night business trip Feb 9, 2014
veronica
I was greeting with a nice desk clerk, fresh coffee and easy check in. There were construction workers there that were upset about something and used profanity. The room however was not comforting. The heater vent had white dirt in it that blew out when the heater came on. The bathroom had mold growing up the walls. The lights in the hallway were dark. The chain latch on the door was broken. I did not feel safe.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
"Cost too much for the quality of hotel."
Hotel served purpose of having a place to sleep for the night. No problems with noise or safety. Overall place was outdated and didn't seem very clean. Towels were stained/dirty and very rough. Mattress uncomfortable. Lumpy pillows. Would recommend if it was cheaper. But way to pricey for quality of hotel/room.
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
Go Lions
"Not worth saving a few bucks"
The only good thing was the desk clerk was very friendly and nice. I just needed a room over night and tried to save a few bucks. Boy did I regret it. This hotel was nasty. My bed linens had burn holes and stains on them and the bed wasn't even made neatly. In the bathroom there was mold growing around were the grab bar attached to the wall. The light fixtures were missing bulbs. The elevator was filthy. My room was next to the elevator so I had to listen to it clang and bang all night long. Stay away from this place or you will regret it.
1 night business trip Oct 13, 2013
"Poor service"
I was going to write a scathing report because of the terrible service. But I'll temper it, and just say the experience was bad. Had to wait an hour for a room then the room I get wasn't even ready bed was slept in. I did get another room but wasn't satisfied but I was tired so I sucked it up. If u pay anything over $39 shoot yourself
1 night business trip Oct 9, 2013
Helen
"Bad hotel"
Make sure dont stay here , dirty , filthy room in general , breakfast is disgusting !
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
mo

The cleanliness of the room was really bad. Stained blankets and sheets. Torn mattress. Pillows where stained as well. No tv remote. Bathroom door wouldn't close. The overall was gross I was not impressed
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
"Snoke filled, Dirty and broken down"
Room, hallways and lobby was filthy, holen wall in our room, toilet stopped up staff offered us a plunger but would not come to unclog the toilet. No remote to TV. Did not dare eat the skimpy breakfast of begal and juice as that area was also filthy. The worst hotel I have every stayed in. Felt stuck as we had prepaid! Should have slept in car would have got more rest.
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
marg
"Filth and odor"
Filthy, big blood stains on carpet, sloppily patched hole in wall, room smelled as if someone had smoke multiple packs of cigarettes in room, toilet plugged up stsff said they had a plunger so we could fix it ourselves. Breakfast was a bagel and juice even if I would have eaten in that facility. If I had known of somewhere to camp I would have sleep better in my car!!!!!
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
marg
Rooms are adequately furnished, and adequately clean. Overall hotel could be cleaner. Decent rooms for value.
Other trip May 5, 2015
V
"AVOID AT ALL COST"
I HAVE BEEN TRAVELING (BUSINESS & PLEASURE) FOR MORE THAN 25 YEARS AND THIS HOTEL RATES AMONGST THE WORST THREE !!! - LOCATED IN A BACKYARD - LOBBY AREA DIRTY AND UNSECURE - SMOKING ALLOWED EVERYWHERE IN THE BUILDING - THE ONLY 'PLUS' WAS A HELPFUL 'RECEPTIONIST/ROOM MAID' WHO FOLLOWED UP ON OUR REQUESTS - ROOM KEYS WERE WRONGLY PROGRAMMED (1 INSTEAD OF 2 DAYS) SO WE HAD TO GO BACK TO THE RECEPTION LATE AT NIGHT - WAKE-UP CALL NEVER CAME IN ON THE SECOND MORNING (WRONG PROGRAMING) - WE HAD TO 'RUN' FOR TOWELS AND GLASSES (ROOM WAS SET UP FOR ONE GUEST . . . AND WE WERE TWO !!) - WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE AND RECOMMEND THAT THE BANNER MANAGERS INSPECT THIS UNIT CAREFULLY
Other trip May 7, 2014
MICHEL
"50 bucks a nite"
You get what you pay for. Fire alarm when off two times, no vent in the shower so if it gets to steamy the fire alarm goes off,
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
Catherine
1 night trip Oct 6, 2015
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
1 night business trip Feb 4, 2014
"Good price close to work for emergencies."
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
"Nice staff but overall hotel needs renovation."
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
1 night trip Oct 9, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Americas Best Value Inn- Independence

"You get what you pay for!"
01/16/16 FunyWVgal Wild & Wonderful West Virginia
My sister was in Cleveland clinic and because we had to stay several days we were trying to manage our money being from out of town. Lobby had several people who were just hanging out which was alittle worrisome. Got to the room - non smoking room and well smelled just like a cigarette not to mention as soon as we got off elevator the smell of marijuana knocked us over. Room was semi clean. Bed linens were nasty . Sadly I'm a germ a fob and had extra blankets & pillows with us. The pillows were actually pillows cut in half -3 small pillows for a king size bed. Sheets & pillow cases were nasty.
"Sexual comments from employee!"
12/16/15 Brittany W Auburn, Indiana
My father had to have an unexpected heart bypass at Cleveland Clinic. We weren't planning on spending a lot of money for a hotel, and the pictures of the rooms here didn't look that bad. I wasn't expecting a 5 star hotel or anything, but this place should be condemned. There was black mold all over the bathtub, the shower surround was covered in soap scum, filthy carpets, sheets and towels had stains, the tv remote was duct taped together, and the tv had no volume. As I was getting into the elevator, a man who claimed to work there made several sexual and extremely inappropriate comments to me and proceeded to ask if my husband was in the room. Unfortunately he wasnt, it was just my mother and I. Of course, he was in the room right next to us, so my mother and I were slightly scared to be there. We left first thing in the morning and went to a different hotel. This is a strange place all around. Creepy location, weird parking, filthy environment, and inappropriate staff. The manager at the desk was friendly though and gave us a refund for our 2nd night. DO NOT STAY HERE!
"Terrible even for a drunk pass out"
09/06/15 Brittany B
We decided to stay here instead of spending the extra money for a room we were only going to spend a few hours sleeping in. Upon arriving, I wished we would have just spent the extra money for a better place. The lobby area was extremely hot. The hallways and rooms smelled like a mixture of mold, mildew, and smoke. Our bathroom was absolutely disgusting. We didn't even want to shower in it after spending all day out in the sun. One of the pillows had stains all over it. Sheets smelled horrible. Definitely not worth $80.
"Drive on by"
08/20/15 Martin S
I would give this dump a lower rating if it were possible. We arrived after midnight on a weekday and no one came to the desk until we had been in the lobby for ten minutes, basically when I turned down the volume on the television the desk attendant appeared and rudely asked my wife and I, "Whatchu want?" She sent us first to an obviously dirty room, and when we returned to the desk instead of apologizing and getting us into a room that was "clean" (by the hotel standards I guess) she made us wait while she "found out who the maid was sposta be". We had no towels in our "clean" room so I had to return to the desk for a third time to be dealt with rudely once again when I said I needed towels. The whole place stunk like stale smoke and mildew. What a hole in the earth.
"I will never stay here again!!"
08/13/15 Breandi W
I will have to admit i work at a 5 star 5 diamond hotel and the service and hotel here was very unacceptable!! The elevator was old n extremely small the room smelled terrible and the tub was even worst i wanted to take a bath but i could barely take a shower there i had to put my sandals on to shower!! Disgusting and the pool i wouldnt dare get in it doesnt look anything like the picture that pool was almost as big as my tub n my house!! You might need a tetnus shot after being in it.. Housekeeping took forever. (if you call it housekeeping) And to top it all off the door to my room wouldn't lock!! I called front desk which was very rude and tried to show me how to shut the door a special way.. I should have to do that!! I didn't keep anything there kept my suitcase n the car no real free breakfast i wouldnt dare touch that outdated food...please dont stay here its not even worth a FREE voucher!!!
"Not worth it"
08/08/15 basketballa1444 Kenosha, Wisconsin
This hotel had zero positives other than maybe proximity to what I was visiting. When I checked in I was given no information about anything. I had to ask about WiFi and times for breakfast. There was no selection at all for breakfast and no one paying attention to restock what was available. Two out of three mornings there were no knives to put cream cheese on my bagel. There was no remote in my room and when I asked for one it didn't work my tv. The WiFi was mostly useless and there wasn't even a choice for my specific room so I just picked the one with the best signal. Don't redirect anything from housekeeping. They didn't make the bed or take out the trash. Pretty sure my room wasn't vacuumed the whole time I was there. Floor lights on elevator didn't work. Pool was closed the whole time I was there but that wasn't mentioned when I checked in.
"Everyday something worse"
06/30/15 Greg988 Dayton, Ohio, United States
Well the price was good, which is why I chose it. But that's the only good I have to say about this hotel. It's dirty, the towels and washclothes are dirty (see pic). The cleaning staff frequently forgets to clean, make the bed, replace towels, etc. Everyday was something new which required me to contact the front desk to correct. I wasn't in the room often as I was here for someone in the Cleveland Clinic. The location of the this hotel is decent for downtown.
"Review"
06/29/15 stlcards1 Holland, Michigan
I was not expecting the best. I know it is a budget hotel I know it's not high end. But I want other people to know that as well. The outdoor pool in the photos is actually filled with algae and who knows what else rendering it closed when we arrived. Considering the pool was one of the main reasons I decided to book this room it was disappointing. The television was so old it didn't even have the AV wire hook ups which kind of made me laugh. Every time my fiance or I would yawn or breathe we would get the taste of mildew and mold. Bathroom tub was something left to be desired. The wifi was a good connection but I would have to take their word for that because my devices never connected. I personally didn't have an issue with the staff but when my finace asked for something she felt like it was inconvinienceing the staff. On the good side the air conditioner worked amazing and the hotel was quite close to where we were going. Again not trying to complain or seem like I was expecting something amazing. Just know to the other readers out there this is in fact a BUDGET hotel.
"Dirty and run down"
05/27/15 Shawn B Commerce Township, Michigan
I've recently stayed at the hotel on the way back to MI with my family. And the hotel is in bad shape and very dirty everywhere. Provided pics are deceiving. I think you can find better hotel for a similar price.
"Freakin disgusting"
04/21/15 Bill P
Dirtier than the local dump! Something nasty all over bathroom door, several years of trash under bed, armchair had some nasty stains(should be taken out back and burnt)and my wife an I slept on top of the covers because we were afraid to sleep under them. And there was no one at desk in the morning for me to check out. They should have PAID ME $45 to stay there!