All hotels in Huntington Beach, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here16196 Pacific Coast Hwy, Huntington Beach, CA, 92649, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.9
"impressed."
I was stuck booking a room locally due to my new place not being painted yet. I am giving this place top rating across the board. If you are expecting a big room, or free coffee go elsewhere. Myself the only thing I look at while staying in a hotel is cleanliness. My room was spotless, the property is tidy. Fast wifi, definitely would recommend. Even the shower knob looked brand new.
Response by Oceanview Motel - Huntington Beach
Thank you very much we appreciate your business and we will see you soon in future.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2015
"No frills with extra road noise"
Road noise is significant, room is small, furniture was old, no closet - just a hanging bar in the bathroom, bed was comfortable, jetted tub was nice. We stayed just because of the proximity to Don the Beachcomber. Had sign an extra credit card slip for $200 - they charge you if you smoke in the room. $20 deposit for a second room key.
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
"Clean, inexpensive hotel"
While the hotel isn't on the beach it's pretty close. The walk to the beach access is about a 1/4 mile but when I went at the end of May the beach wasn't that busy. A local told me that it usually isn't because that beach access doesn't have much parking so not many people use it...which I think is perfect. Plus it's fun to walk up the beach and see all the nice beach houses. Overall the room was clean. PCH is an active road so it was a bit noisy. No breakfast at the hotel but plenty of options to walk to. I think it was a great hotel for location and price
Response by Oceanview Motel - Huntington Beach
Thanks for staying with us, we work hard to make our guests happy. We appreciate your feedback In future will see you soon!
2 night romance trip May 28, 2015
"RCM"
It was a work trip
2 night business trip May 30, 2015
Bryce
"Hunting Beach Ocean view Motel"
I've stayed here before great place it's close to the beach u can walk to harbor cafe breakfast or the surf taco. And the beachcomber for live music. It's clean quite .no problems.
Response by Oceanview Motel - Huntington Beach
Thank you very much We appreciate your business and hope to see you in future soon.
4 night romance trip May 23, 2015
vinnie
"Rude management"
The management staff was rude And the toilet was dirty. Also there is no Ocean view.
1 night business trip May 21, 2015
"Great price for a great hotel!"
Great place to stay, great price right by the ocean. Close to nice restaurants.
Response by Oceanview Motel - Huntington Beach
Thank you very much. We appreciate your business in future we hope we will see you soon.
2 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
Kelli
"Good location BAD SMELL"
Stood for one night I used to live in Huntington Beach so I wanted to be close to PCh - ideal location but main office smelled of Indian good or a TERRIBLEA STENCH rooms were actually clean but every time I would go in office no one was ever there
1 night family trip May 3, 2015
ERICA
"I would return..."
The location is walking distance to the beach. It was clean and for the price great. Note...It was little noisy being on the Pacific Coast Highway.
4 night trip Apr 26, 2015
Jill
"OceanView not"
Had a Great night sleep but my husband couldn't sleep. We were right by Pacific*Coast HWY and he could hear the traffic
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"Great Value"
Multiple stays here and will be back! Great value...
Response by Oceanview Motel - Huntington Beach
Thanks for staying with us we appreciate your business in future see you soon.
1 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
Rob
"Don't get tricked by the staff"
Very basic. When we checked in the woman asked if we wanted smoking or non-smoking when we said smoking would be fine she said the whole hotel is non-smoking and if we smoked we would be fined. If the whole hotel is non-smoking than why ask? It felt like we were being set up to be Charged.
Response by Oceanview Motel - Huntington Beach
Dear guest the reason we ask we want to make sure guest have more comfortable and we do have designated smoking area that part only guest can smoke guest cannot smoking in the room cannot smoking outside the room and cannot smoking in the parking lot but if we know we try to give room closer to smoking area so smoking guest gone be comfortable but if guest do not follow smoking rules they get fine and if guest do not understand they can always ask to front desk for further information .
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
"Ehhhh"
Pillows had stains hotel keeper was kinda rude. No view of the ocean what's so ever
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"Great Stay."
Great stay and the price was right. Location was perfect. We will definitely stay there again.
Response by Oceanview Motel - Huntington Beach
Thank you so much we are looking forward to see you and we really appreciate your business.
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
THERESA
"Was a nice motel."
Not sure why, but this motel is going downhill fast and the rates are going up. Rough scratch sheets, dirty bathroom counter, coffee spots. Refrigerator doesn't work, everything unplugged, except microwave?? No tissues, cheap toilet paper, and NO plug for bathtub. We were told they can't use plugs because they have to conserve water? $75. on a Thursday night, $130.00 for Saturday night! Nothing special going on at that time either. Won't be going back there. Lots of road noise also, the fan helps a little with that, if/when it works.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Candy
"Perfect for brief stays (overnight/traveling)"
I stay here when working in Sunset Beach (too far to commute); 2 or 3 days at a time. It has been remodeled recently and everything is fresh and new. Very economical compared to others on the Sunset Beach "strip". Several local restaurants, some within walking distance. Seal Beach is just over the bridge for upscale dining and shopping.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Keetoe
"Great area"
I did not need anything fancy, The room was just that. There was a lot of street , car, etc. noise. The furniture was old , stained. But all and all , it was ok for my 4 day conference.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Dennis
"Never Again!"
Clean. No blower drier. They are given out when asked. Only 3 drawers would open in dresser. We stayed 3 nights. Second day maid unplugged our refrigerator. All our food had to be trashed. They said they didn't unplug it. I had to plug it in when we arrived. At the hotel.. There is a small square between tall wall on freeway and houses you can make out the ocean. The name if this hotel is very misleading. Be prepared for them to make a photo copy of your DL and credit card. I've never had that done before and I'm 58 years old. They will not get our business again. It wasn't worth the money. Misleading info and pictures on web site. Don't waste your money.
3 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
Candice
"Holiday random trip"
I needed to use a room credit so I thought I'd try this place by the beach. It was comfortable, small yet clean. I got the room with the large jetted tub. I was expecting something a bit bigger but it fit two people and served its purpose which was mostly for relaxation. What was really cool was that it was right by the beach. You can't see the beach from the room because there's a bunch of tall beach houses blocking, but you can walk there easily. Would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
Janae
"All was good except for the beds. Too sqeeky"
Honeymoon bed too squeeky. Very noisy put a damper on our special time
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
visitors
"No perk just a room"
Just plain old room GET WHAT U PAY 4 Possibly!! No late check out Like there is someone waiting to use the room!! Guess in a pinch Just don't pay to much
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
well traveled
"Nice staff, quick drive to downtown HB!"
Rosa at the front desk was very kind, & although it was a cheap motel, it was very clean & convenient.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Staff not very friendly Room is good for the price
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
"We would come again..it was pleasant"
We were there 1 night..close to our favorite bars..and the beach was walking distance
dragon
"Great value and room was super clean."
Only thing about room comfort was that it was on the highway so if you leave a door or window open it was noisy but it was right across from a beach. Room was newly renovated.
1 night trip Nov 13, 2014
BARBARA
"great getaway on a budget"
we had a wonderful time awesome location for access to long beach and Huntington. also great local restaurants esp taco tues at SAS
3 night romance trip Oct 28, 2014
lisa
"Sunset Beach, north Huntington Beach annex"
Good location if price is right for you. Near the beach in Sunset Beach (north annex of Huntington Beach, next to Bolsa Chica State Beach) , closet to Seal Beach. Anderson Street is closest beach access and a place where waves and brave surfers are active when strong ocean swells are present. Nice view.
1 night trip Oct 31, 2014
N Rhodes
"You got less than what you paid for."
No iron. The phone doesn't work. no laudray room. No breakfast. The TV screen is not good. The front desk lady is rude. The room is not very clean and smells.
1 night trip Oct 16, 2014
"Worst stay ever."
This place was my worst experience ive ever had . The owner and workers there were very rude and disrespectful from the time we checked in till the time we checked out. They did not give us our room amenities , the place was smelly and the rooms were very muggy . The bathroom was super small , could not even shut the door . Standards were definately not up to par . Also would not even give us a refund nor apologize for our terrible stay at the OceanView Motel .
2 night romance trip Oct 19, 2014
"ear plugs"
Many dogs in a room or car barking all night long. Major traffic noise until after early am. Air conditioner that wasn't cool and sounded like a tractor. Three days ...zero sleep
3 night business trip Oct 17, 2014
"As Round People, We Fit!"
I like that my boyfriend & I were able to fit inside of the jacuzzi bathtub together. We are VERY round people, & we were both able to get into the bathtub! That was a plus for me....
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
"Nice view of beach"
We stayed on the 3rd floor so we got a nice view of the Pacific Coast Highway and the elevator. Lol that's true but it was a great location and view of the beach. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing visit to Huntington Beach.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Max
"Very clean & good price"
Very clean and secure place.
2 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
"Close to the beach"
Positive comments: The towels should be bleached to look whiter and cleaner.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
lucie
"By the Beach! Great for the $"
Stayed here 1 night, accessible to so much around, restaurants, beach, downtown Main st just down PCH. Accommodation is great, I asked for 3rd floor to get better view, they assisted me without any issues. Clean bed sheets, pillows, bath tub , and has hardwood floors! Only downfall was bathroom/shower a bit tiny. Great stay for the price!
1 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
Max
"Never again"
The manager wasnt very nice didnt speak much english. Treated my whole group like they were criminals. They would confront you if another person was visiting you thinking they were staying and you didnt pay for added 3rd person. Ran out of towels. Had to wait till late morning to shower.
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
CLYDE
"Bad"
Had bad service from the start, host made me wait untill she was ready doing somthing in the back. Then told me i had to be out at 9 am because they were going to spray for tormites,fell to tell me in advance. Not good wont stay there againe.
1 night business trip Oct 12, 2014
"Old, Shabby, and hardly in Huntington Beach."
The furnishings were terribly beat up although the bed was comfortable. The room was small but workable. It was clean. It was close to Huntington Harbor in Sunset Beach - 10 miles from downtown Huntington Beach. There is no easy access to the Beach although it's probably only 200 yards away as the crow flies. The worst thing was when we checked in at 10pm the lady at the desk said "Finally, we've been waiting for you so we can close." There was nothing about office hours in our reservation.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
Kathleen Hallamore
"TERRIBLE HOTEL!!!!"
DO NOT STAY HERE! The couple that run the hotel think everyone is out to rip them off! We needed an extra towel and she wanted to charge us $20.00. She walks out in the parking lot to make sure there isnt anyone extra in your room. She made you feel like a thief! Terrible hotel!
3 night family trip Oct 9, 2014
Sara
"Multiple Reservations"
Well, when my wife and I got in to the front counter, the lady was helping- sort of- another couple. First impression was not great, if I hadn't already paid we would have walked. The lady was really unhelpful in answering questions, which made us uneasy when she said we had to pay $200 more for the room deposit. So, even though we paid, we still had to pay. Her customer service was subpar at best but I felt I had to be nice because we wanted all our money back. The room was a room, we didn't walk barefoot, and we wore shower sandals. The sheets smelled clean, felt like I had to double check. I'd pass next time.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Josh
"Hanging in Huntingdon."
We had a comfortable stay. The room was clean. There was no breakfast,just some cheese crackers and a breakfast bar in the room.Comparatively it was expensive but that was down to the area we think.It was nearer to Sunset Beach than Huntingdon Beach.There wasn't direct access to the beach.
1 night romance trip Oct 7, 2014
stephen
"Ocean view from 2nd floor room."
Excellent price. Able to see the ocean between custom built homes across from Pacific Coast Hwy. Less than a 10 minute walk to the beach. 10 minute drive to Huntington Beach pier and 5 minute drive to Seal Beach. The room was clean but smelled musty/dirty wet rag. The A/C unit was extremely loud.
1 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"very nice at a price that will not break the bank"
Nice staff, great location, will be back without a doubt.
1 night romance trip Sep 27, 2014
Clay
"Not the Best"
The room was clean but outdated. The bathroom was terribly small. Ocean view is a bit of a stretch. From the third floor if you looked carefully you could get a glimpse of the ocean between two buildings. We had to go to the office just to get a hairdryer. No vending machines or anything, I had to pay quite a bit for a bottle of room temperature water.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
Jill
For 65$ a night I cannot complain. Free wifi, parking, and no hidden "hotel fees" at check in. Location is excellent as it is close by everything. Cleanliness is another thing. It's a family owned hotel, and although their customer service was excellent I thought they could pay more attention to the bed sheets and towels.
2 night romance trip Sep 19, 2014
Older motel rooms were clean, staff was friendly and helpful
1 night trip Sep 14, 2014
As other stated, not impressive from the outside but clean and comfortable inside.
2 night business trip Sep 11, 2014
"You can do better"
First, and immediately, I'll say this is not a *terrible* hotel; it is what it is, a budget hotel not far from the beach, but don't think you can just walk across the street to reach it (unless you really like 1/3 - 1/2 mile hike). Relatively clean, wooden floors to make sand clean-up easier, no decorating awards. But it does not have an "ocean view", unless you're on the top (3rd) flr & can glimpse the ocean bwtwn houses. No breakfast bar (I knew that going in), just weak coffee for the machine in your room, and no restaurants within walking distance. What really turned me off was the way the desk staff treated my husband & I. We were grilled like suspects: "any dogs?" no. "No smoking!" yes, we know. When we asked for a 2nd room key, you would've thought we requested the crown jewels, and informed losing it would be $20 fee. Downright rude and suspicious; left us feeling pretty icky. We're just a nice, normal middle-aged couple who had an extra day before joining the grandkids at Disney. However, I'd suggest if you're willing to wait until last minute, you can find just as good if not BETTER deals than I got. Even if you wanna book early to guarantee a room, with some patience, searching & comparing you can get a super deal that's not here. I prepaid online (including taxes, etc.) yet I still had to give them a credit card. They obvsly had all our info on file already. Disconcerting, to say the least.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
bubu
"Affordable"
The location was convenient for us. The beach was across the street. The staff was from India and quite but very nice. The rooms are kept clean . Old furniture but comfortable. I would say there again
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"Simple,Clean, Safe and a Great Location"
Room was clean and in good shape for an old hotel. great location so near the beach. Good price for what we needed.We slept well.
2 night trip Aug 27, 2014