All hotels in Harrisonburg, Virginia, United States of America
1881 Evelyn Byrd Avenue, Harrisonburg, VA, 22801, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9223

• Value for money
    Comfortable
    Regular internet service
"Long drive - booked last minute"
I was driving to pick up a classic vw and haul it back- had been driving for about 8 hours and decided to stop for the night. I wanted something close to 81 - no frills - inexpensive and clean. I was pleasantly surprised. It was clean, nice looking, and comfortable. The free breakfast was what you'd expect. Since I'm vegetarian ~ peanut butter, banana, oatmeal and coffee was perfect. It was close to enough restaurants too. I would stay there again. I was really tired and just needed a place to hang my head, so other than a carpet starting to wear, I didn't notice anything being wrong. Glad I stopped there
1 night trip Jul 9, 2014
Annie
The air conditioner made a awful noise and the light over the sink wasn't working
1 night business trip Jul 9, 2014
Cecil Rhoten
"It was great, nice staff, good breakfast"
overall pleasant stay. Bed are comfortable and rooms are nice. Staff is great
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
Jenna
"Convenient to restaurants - walking distance"
Too short to rate
1 night trip May 31, 2014
"pleasure trip"
Stayed there for 3 days 2 nights. Everything was great, except online they say breakfast is until 11:00am and actually it ended at 9:30. Woman working to clean up food was more than helpful and allowed myself and two others to have breakfast.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Nice place for quick layover"
conveniently located off 81 for a trip
1 night trip Apr 20, 2014
"CLOSE TO EVERYTHING"
WE HAD A NICE TIME. LIKED THE LOCATION BUT WOULD WELCOME UPDATED ROOMS.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
"Convenient to Stone Gate student's apt"
Have chosen this Quality Inn several times. Quiet, comfortable, convenient location, like having microwave, refrigerator and breakfast included. Highly recommend.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
"Would not stay again"
It was very outdated, computer was broken in the lobby... VERY loud! Could hear everything from rooms next door, outside the hotel and outside your door.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
Great place for parents visiting students. It was our first time bringing our small dog along. Didn't realize there was a policy that you cannot leave your pet alone in the room, which may be the norm, but it meant we had to spend most of our time in the car or hotel room since it was cold, snowy outside.
1 night trip Feb 16, 2014
Gwen
"Room"
Small, didn't like bathroom layout at all. Room surface clean, but found grapes shoved in heater grills, kids crayons on floor, overall, much more attention to cleaning details needed.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
Jacqueline Taylor
"Overnight stay"
This hotel was convenient to the JMU campus, which is why we selected it. The room was extremely small for three people. Internet service was nonexsistent. I spent over two hours attempting to get connected, with little or no help from the front desk. This will be my last vist with Quality Inn.
1 night business trip Feb 16, 2014
"Close to JMU"
For two people this would have been ok, but for four people it was very small. No closet but there is a little bar with hangers in the room but awkward to reach. Bathroom very small. Adequate room. Hotel staff were very kind. Breakfast (included) was average to poor.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
Tricia
"Wonderful weekend"
We had such a great stay! Close to everything and 15 minutes from Massanutten slopes. Staff was super friendly & helpful with everything. Even accomadaiting us when we decided to return for another night after we checked out. We just love the clerk "Chris", he went above and beyond his duties to see that we were happy!
1 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2014
Happy Family
"Great location! Only 10 miles away from skiing"
Great hotel. Will make this our mainstay when we go on ski vacations. Price was great, breakfast wasn't too much, but enough to tide us to lunch.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
Josie
"Great room!"
The room was great and everything was clean. We had an issue with our keys not working but it was an easy fix and quickly done.
2 night trip Jan 10, 2014
This was a great hotel for the price. I traveled with my fiance and dog, both of them enjoyed it as well. I would stay there again. FYI there is an additional charge for pets that I didn't hear about until I was already there paying my bill. It was still worth every penny.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
Lovely hotel, pleasant staff, beautiful accommodations. Only 1 suggestion: we were "lost" somewhere on the other side of Harrisonburg, and the desk staff confused us further when we called for directions. Teach them words like "East" and "West" and how they relate to the surrounding neighborhood. Now that we have figured that out, we will come back again!
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2013
"move"
There was a broken shelf in our room over one bed. It made it difficult to sleep without worrying about it falling.
1 night trip Dec 1, 2013
Location was great...right near JMU. Over all we were happy with our stay. There was a lot of noise in the hallway during the night. However, I know the hotel was booked solid and they can't always control what happens. We will give this hotel another try.
1 night trip Nov 8, 2013
Allen
"great hotel"
nice hotel. good breakfast including eggs, sausage, gravy, fruit, waffles offered in the morning. only complaint is that walls where thin so you heard the water running every time another room took shower or used toilet. overall great experience would stay again.
1 night trip Nov 8, 2013
yvonne
"nice place to stay"
Decided to visit my daughter at college. It was a nice surprise to find an affordable nice clean place to stay do close to campus. Nice Breakfast, bed was comfortable. Room clean and quiet.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2013
Ellen
"Very nice location"
The hotel is very close to all the prime spots like restuarants, Walmart and Kroger. Since the hotel is located on a uphill road, from my 3rd floor room I had an excellent view of the mountains and the Fall foliage in the valley. The staff was very nice and courteous. I enjoyed my stay in this hotel but I felt the price was a tad on the higher side.
1 night trip Oct 20, 2013
Geff
"Lots of traffic"
Because this hotel is so near the freeway and right in the heart of lots of big box stores, the traffic is really heavy. The flip side is that it is close to lots of shopping and restaurants. The hotel was okay, a pretty small room, and the sheets were sorta' rough, but it was also a fair amount cheaper than most of the others in the area that I checked. It did have a small fridge, a microwave, and a decent breakfast.
2 night trip Oct 18, 2013
mes51
perfect, thank you
1 night trip Oct 13, 2013
"Great location. Good night's sleep. Great value."
Great. Will book here again. Good experience.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
JMU mom
"Decent place to stay"
Staff was very helpful; when we asked about a local attraction that they were not familar with, they searched for it on line and printed the information for us.
Other trip Oct 10, 2013
"Simple, decent hotel"
Clean room, easy check-in/check-out, hot breakfast included.
Other trip Oct 2, 2013
"Close to conference we were attending"
We enjoyed our stay even though we were not at motel for long periods. The breakfasts were especially appreciated along with the assistance from dining room staff. The room was large and clean and bed was very comfortable. Thank you again for an enjoyable home away from home.
2 night trip Sep 27, 2013
"Good stop on the way north from south,"
Converted to Quality inn. Rooms not quite the same but Ok.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2013
Hugh
"Great location, nice rooms."
I found the hotel to be clean. The complimentary breakfast every morning was convenient. All of the staff was very pleasant and I found the rooms to be comfortable.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"Great staff, great service, nice hotel"
This was not unlike many of the other hotels in the Harrisonburg area, but I must say -- the attentiveness of the staff and their dedication to service was second to none. In particular, the evening manager made every effort to make us feel at home and comfortable, and rejected every attempt at a tip we made to give him. The rooms were great -- clean, up to date and wonderful for the price we paid. Would happily stay there again!
1 night trip Aug 20, 2013
Jay
"Room with a view"
The hotel was located on the side of a mountain which gave a nice view across the valley. Many places to eat close by to choose from.
Other trip Aug 22, 2013
Chuck
"great price"
The room is less expensive compared to surrounding hotels. Nicely remodled, wonderful stay!
1 night romance trip Aug 17, 2013
Sara
"Cheap & Comfortable"
I had no real complaints with my stay here. The walls were a little thin but we stayed on the first floor and had a very comfortable and clean room.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Everything we needed"
Excellent service from friendly staff, one of the best hotel free continental breakfasts we have encountered, clean, comfortable, free wifi that worked, what more could one want? Less than 1/2 mi. from 1-81, yet quiet.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2013
A. Davis
"Disappointing hotel in Harrisonburg"
Quality Inn must have recently purchased this hotel. The old name was still on the mailbox and visible under the sign on the building. The carpets were stretched out and not very clean. The reclining chair in our room was broken and dirty. Would not sit on it. The wallpaper was peeling in the room. The only nice thing about the hotel was the free breakfast.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Michele
"Better than expected"
Comfortable; Inexpensive; Not shabby; Breakfast was pretty terrible though
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Ms.
"Very clean and simply presented."
The hotel staff was very friendly and professional and accommodating to the guests. Our stay was simple, but we noticed the gentleman at the desk helping another guest with her dog as we left for dinner. This seemed like excellent service to offer guests. The room was clean and simple. There was a variety of tea and coffee available which was nice as we are tea drinkers. There was also tea and coffee available 24/7 in the lobby which was a nice touch. There was a simple outdoor pool that was semi private with an exercise area attached that had basic equipment. Great for a quick workout. We were happy the room had a nice flat screen tv so we could relax and watch a little tv before sleeping. There were plenty of pillows and the room was easy to cool. The bed was not the most comfortable but that was the only negative aspect of our trip. The continental breakfast was good in the morning.
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
Taryn
"Close to restaurant and movies"
It was ok. The biggest drawback was how small the room was and the bathroom was really tiny. I'm not a very big person and felt mushed when you closed the door to the bathroom. We asked for non smoking and were told the smoking was all the 3rd floor. So we were away from the smoke but the room was adjoining with another on the first floor it was noisy and very small but the price wasn't bad so you take the good with the bad.
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2013
J Shepard
"Convenient To Area Restaurants and Stores"
Hotel is in a choice location for a brief stay. Located in a nice area with lots of choices.
Other trip Jul 5, 2013
the hotel is old and the rooms do not have a closet and the carpet is old and worn. It is good for a budget hotel but just keep your expectations on the low side.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2013
Hotel has some age on it, but it was clean and comfortable. Good breakfast to get the day started.
Other trip Jun 26, 2013
"Excellent value for the price"
My wife and I stayed here after a day of riding on the skyline drive. The hotel was exactly what we expected. Nothing fancy, but quiet and comfortable. An added plus was that there were plenty of choices for dinner within walking distance so after riding all day, we were able to let the bikes rest for the night while we stretched our legs a little. Definitely would stay gere again!
1 night romance trip Jun 21, 2013
It was fine the door to the bathroom was dirty. Beds comfortable, breakfast good
1 night trip Jun 7, 2013
Francine
"Hotel with a view of many nearby restaurants"
Small hotel with a quiet charm. Breakfast was adequate.
Other trip Jun 9, 2013
"The Quality Inn that used to be Jamieson Inn..."
Clean room and nice breakfast. I appreciated the fact that they are pet friendly.
1 night trip May 28, 2013
"Nice economic stay"
My husband and I traveled late at night to Harrisonburg for a morning wedding and didn't want to spend too much money on a hotel and still find something nice and clean. We ended up staying at Quality Inn and we really liked it. The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable and clean too. We're glad we didn't spend more money on another hotel because this one was simple but great. The only thing they could improve is the breakfast food, although we didn't expect much anyway. They did however have coffee and tea available anytime of the day, so that was nice. Negatives: The curtains were impossible to get fully closed, so that was not a good thing because we wanted to have privacy and not have people see us through the window from the parking lot. Also, there was only one thin blanket and it was freezing outside and inside the hotel! We had to ask for more blankets, it was really cold. The staff helped us get the problems solved and that was nice. I suppose these things can happen anywhere, and what's important is that the staff was great and helpful. We recommend it if you're trying to find an economic place that is clean and nice!
Other trip May 28, 2013
Diana
"Good Hotel"
Good, pleasant stay. Everyone was nice and helpful.
1 night trip May 11, 2013
"Great for an overnight stay"
Room was pleasant and the staff was friendly. My only issue was with a dog that was barking in a room near ours. The breakfast bar was wonderful!
Other trip Apr 9, 2013