All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2015 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington, DC, 20036, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Excellent Hotel option"
The hotel was in a great neighborhood and the staff were helpful. Not a great option on-site for breakfast but they do have a coffee shop that was on site and had pastries. The staff were helpful, friendly and welcoming.
1 night trip May 9, 2015
Mouhamad
"Stay somewhere else"
The staff does not communicate to each other and messed up our room by double booking it. We had to move 2 times to a different room. The manager is unable to take care of his guest due to overly booking there rooms. Rooms are clean, kitchenettes are outdated. There is no where to walk to or see around the hotel. Typical hotel breakfast-watered down coffee, rubbery waffles, packaged pastry's.
Response by The Embassy Row Hotel
Jon, Thank you for writing I review. Fortunately, I believe you are not writing a review about The Embassy Row Hotel. The services that you mention are not something that we offer, in particular kitchenettes, waffles or packaged pastries. Nonetheless, I hope you'll consider staying at our hotel during your next visit to DC. We would love to be your home away from home. Sincerely, Shawn Jervis General Manager
1 night family trip May 6, 2015
jon
"A Very Pleasant Stay at The Embassy Row Hotel"
We loved the Embassy Row Hotel. The hotel/room was very clean and comfortable. The lobby was very nice too. The hotel staff was very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.It would have been nice if the room had a refrigerator. The location was excellent. Very convenient to the metro.
Response by The Embassy Row Hotel
Gina, Thank you so much for writing a review. I'm thrilled to hear you loved the hotel. I appreciate the kind words about our team. I look forward to having you here again in the future. Sincerely, Shawn Jervis
2 night family trip Apr 7, 2015
Gina
"Not quite a 3 star"
The first night I arrived the restaurant was 5 minutes from closing and they would not allow me to get a glass of vino, only to go up to my room and the AC was broke. The fixed the AC the next day, only to have it break and leak through the roof of the room. The front desk was courteous, but overall it was hotel that has the ability to be great, if they ALL focused in service and the skills that need to parallel that.
Response by The Embassy Row Hotel
Dear Kris, Thank you for writing a review. I regret to hear about your experience. Our lobby and Chef's Pantry are open 24-hours so you are absolutely able to enjoy wine there. I am deeply sorry about the AC. I hope you'll come back to DC and give us an opportunity to make it up to you. Sincerely, Shawn Jervis
3 night business trip May 3, 2015
KRIS
"Additional Hotel fees"
I did not realized I had to pay $9.95 per night after paying for my reservation on Hotel.com. I was a disappointed about that. Overall, the stay was nice and comfortable.
2 night business trip May 3, 2015
Angela
"Back To The Capitol"
I was in the Midwest for a wedding and hadn't been to DC in years. I chose the hotel for its location and the fact that it had just finished a major renovation and was offering very competitive rates, as the City is very pricey. I was able to walk everywhere and felt very secure. The Cherry Blossoms were still in bloom and the weather was OK. The room was large and very comfortable with a huge new TV screen. Wish there had been a small refrigerator. Neighbood is active with lots of restaurants.
3 night trip Apr 21, 2015
Glenn
"EXCELLENT!!!"
A LITTLE MORE MONEY, BUT EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY!!!
1 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
Arthur
"Quick Stop"
Still a lot of renovating being done. Good ideas in the planning phase, but let's wait and see how much gets done.
Response by The Embassy Row Hotel
I am so excited to share that we have finished our renovation! Please come and visit us and allow us to show you the Cool Side of D.C.
3 night trip Apr 3, 2015
wayne
"Never again"
A very bad experience. First, we were assessed significant fees above and beyond our agreed upon rate. Second, there was a party on our floor with fighting and threats of guns. When the internal security came, they did little to stop the violence and party. Did not quiet down until 3 or 4 in the morning. While it is a great neighborhood, we will never stay in this hotel again. Either one of these would have been enough; together is was a bad and frightening experience
Response by The Embassy Row Hotel
Dear guest, I am very sorry to hear that you had a very frightening experience. Safety and security of our guests are very important to us. We have been working very closely with our Security Department to ensure that our guests feel safe each time they walk into this building. Please let me know if there is anything that we can do for you.
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
"Embassy row stay"
under construction. Very dusty. Gym and other ammeneties not available. Friendly staff.
Response by The Embassy Row Hotel
I am pleased to share that we have finished our transformation. We now have all of our facilities available for our guests (from gym, bar, Chef Pantry for 24 hour access food and beverage). We hope that you will be able to return and experience all of these amenities.
4 night romance trip Mar 24, 2015
"The unexpected"
Great hotel. They just went through some renovation. Love the decor. Please be mindful of all the hidden tax fees. They literally tax everything from the room per night to ordering a movie. Just expect to spend an additional $100
2 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
"Unexpected, unauthorized charge of $9.95/night"
The HVAC was so loud in the room that I couldn't hear any hallway noise, so it was like a "white noise" effect but no big deal. However, I was REALLY not happy to get a receipt the morning I checked out for the $9.95 charge per night that was charged to my credit card that I did NOT agree to on a pre-paid stay. Bad form, Embassy Row. I will not stay with you again.
Response by The Embassy Row Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry that you were not aware of the $9.95 charge. This should have been noted on the confirmation and upon check in. I am truly sorry that this did not happen.
2 night business trip Mar 22, 2015
"Nice, clean and quiet"
I had a nice two night stay. The hotel was undergoing an upgrade and I assume it will be nice and fresh in summer of 2015.
2 night business trip Mar 25, 2015
"I LOVED IT"
I was at the Embassy Row Hotel from 3/16 - 3/22 and had, perhaps, one of my best hotel experiences ever. Check in was fast, check in was efficient, and most of all the clerk was incredibly friendly. They were going through a process of converting to a new guest management program which I was completely patient with. They're also upping their staff significantly so i thought that was amazing. Yes, there's DEFINITELY renovations going on still, my biggest bummer was the fitness room wasn't available - which is the reason i stayed there - and the area fitness centers are complete jerks (yes, including the YMCA and a couple others). So whatever, i just got fat that week. I've been to embassy row hotel before, not as a guest, but as a visitor to a guest and I must say the upgrades are PHENOMENAL. Not sure when the upgrades will be over but it's already a zillion times better than it was before. I'm in DC 2-3 times per year from Honolulu and will definitely make this my primary place of stay.
Response by The Embassy Row Hotel
Aloha Bryan, Thank you for writing a review. I'm over the moon excited about your review. I appreciate the five-stars. Our fitness center is open now so you'll be able to enjoy it during your next visit, as well as foosball and ping pong on our playground level. We are excited to be your home away from home. Sincerely, Shawn Jervis General Manager
5 night business trip Mar 17, 2015
Bryan
"Not for me or my company"
Construction underway, which entailed banging at 8 am. Parking was severely overcharged. And I was charged for local calls and Internet without notice, and I didn't use the phone or Internet.
Response by The Embassy Row Hotel
Dear Guest, Thank you for writing a review. I regret to hear about your experience. Our hotel service fee includes unlimited local and long distance phone calls, Wi-Fi and access to the fitness center. We would like to invite you back to make it up to you at The NEW Embassy Row Hotel. Sincerely, Shawn Jervis General Manager
1 night romance trip Mar 8, 2015
I have stayed t the Embassy Row before and because of its proximity to metro I decided to book them again, what a disappointment!!! They are under construction but fail to mention that, the prices are too high for me to be walking among construction workers, hearing noise, and having an unappealing hotel overall. My bed sheets were torn and dirty, when I asked for them to be changed, the cleaning lady wasn't too happy about that. I ran out of tissues, called the front desk, never received anything until the next morning. Breakfast consisted of coffee/tea, stale bagel, and weird insects in the croissant display. The whole experience was a disappointment! and the now charge for internet which they didn't before.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
Very good stay. Only criticism is that we asked the doorman for a taxi. He directed us to a car parked outside of the hotel. Not a taxi. The driver did take us to our destination but charged double the fare..... $20 for a trip to the Kennedy Center. The taxi on our way home charged us $ 8.50.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
I was fortunate enough to spend a few days in DC and I'm glad to have chosen this hotel for my time up there. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean, the bathroom amenities are quite nice, the location is great, you have your own safe in your room, and it's not that expensive. It's located in the middle of all the embassies, so I'm sure it's a nice, safe area. At least I never saw anything shady going on. One of my favorite things about it was the location, though. It is just about 5 minutes away from the metro station and that metro station is just 3 stops away from the main tourist attractions in DC. Not to mention that Starbucks and a 24-hour CVS are both around 2 minutes away! They also have a safe storage area/system, so I felt comfortable enough to leave my luggage behind on my last day, as I had a late flight out of DC and I wanted to do some last-minute touristing before heading to the airport. They gave me a tag that I needed to hand in to pick it up, so I knew there was no way for someone else to take it. Lastly, they have a nice business center where you can print reservations or w/e for free. I only didn't like the fact that the wireless internet was too slow and it kept asking me for the password over and over again, and that the hotel doesn't have a restaurant (except in the morning for the free breakfast, which I never took advantage of). I would still surely recommend this hotel to a friend, though, A small tip: be sure to exit the metro station from the southern exit, as otherwise you'll end up having to cross three or four streets in the rotunda, which can be annoying with all the traffic lights. If you exit using the southern exit, you don't have to cross any streets to get to the hotel. Getting there from the south, the southern exit will be to your left.
Other trip Sep 6, 2013

"Incredible view"
Loved it!
4 night business trip May 14, 2015
Katherine
"Great hotel in Dupont"
Was great experience. Convenient location. Cool interior design, refreshing lobby, which are different from traditional hotel.
Response by The Embassy Row Hotel
Karen, I'm thrilled you had a wonderful experience and loved the cool interior design. Please come back to DC again and stay at The Embassy Row Hotel. Sincerely, Shawn Jervis
3 night trip with friends Apr 22, 2015
SG

"sugerencia"
Muy bien salvo que en la recepción el personal sólo habla inglés
1 night trip May 20, 2015
Fabio
AR
"Best location"
安全性、地下鉄駅からの距離、周辺環境等は非常にすばらしい。 難を言えば、エアコンがうるさいこと、冷蔵庫がないこと。
3 night business trip May 15, 2015
JP
Muy confortable, muy linda zona
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
ES
Assez déçu de cet hôtel. Petit déjeuner très en dessous de ce que je m'attendais (pain de mie + confiture, flocons d'avoines, céréales, une sorte de viennoiserie). Ils n'avaient pas de bouchon pour la baignoire... Le chauffage/clim était très bruyant (impossible de le faire tourner la nuit.
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
FR
Hôtel très agréable, bien situé et d'un bon rapport qualité/prix pour une ville comme Washington. Seul petit bémol: climatisation bruyante. (mais on a toujours la ressource de la couper!)
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
2 night romance trip Apr 28, 2015
Daniele
IT

TripAdvisor reviews for The Embassy Row Hotel

"Great Location & A New Look"
05/28/15 Jh1847 Leesburg, Virginia
If you haven't been to the hotel since the reopening, you're missing out. This has always always been a prime hotel due to it's location and the roof top pool; however the venue is now sporting a renovated look that is chic and classy. Food and beverage experience is innovative and fresh. Enjoy while listening to some chill house music spun by the resident DJ.
"Amazing Renovation - Great Spot for Locals / Visitors Alike"
05/27/15 M_FranzFerrer Washington DC, District of Columbia
I recently visited the Embassy Row Hotel over Memorial Day Weekend and have to say, I was wildly impressed by their recent renovation and would highly recommend paying them a trip...you won't be disappointed. We started the visit with a visit to their new eatery Station, a hidden gem (but I'm sure not for long) with a dynamic bar menu, wonderfully convenient quick bites, with perfect ambiance and notably amazing flower arrangements. We were greeted by the friendly barista Matthew and the manager Shira who instantly made us feel at home. We ordered a variety of drinks and dishes and there weren't any misses, only standouts. With ice cream sandwiches in-hand, we headed up to the rooftop for a huge surprise....it's incredible. The rooftop space overlooks the city with views that rival any more notable DC rooftop fixture, and is outfitted with a pool, bar, barbecue station, games and seating for you and all your friends...can't think of anything more we could want. We purchased day-passes but need to figure out how to get a season pass...this might be the best rooftop in the city. Can't wait to return.
"NICE LOCATION"
05/27/15 cmacNYC Alexandria, Virginia
Arrived on Sat of Memorial Day weekend. I attempted an early check-in at 12 noon which was denied and I was fine with that. The gentleman explained that check-in was the standard 3pm however a room would be available earlier and Embassy Row would phone me then. The reason for my stay-cation here was to enjoy the rooftop pool. Earlier in the week I received a call from "Renata" from the E.R.H. and she explained that Saturday a party with radio station 99.5 was scheduled for the rooftop pool area from 12 PM to 6 PM and I would need to pay a fee of $50.each for myself and my guest. I found it strange that a guest of the hotel would be charged to use the pool and I let Renata know that at the other DC hotels I've stayed at with pools such as the Donavan House, Capital Liason and Capital Skyline did not charge the guests to attend functions. I asked Renata what would be included with the fee. Renata said "the party" I asked several times and the same answer of the party for Memorial Day was given. Reluctantly I agreed to pay only for my desire to use and witness the new pool experience at the ERH. Later that day Renata called me back and said the fee was waived and I thanked her. Now when I attempted to check in early I explained all this Renata back and forth biz and told the gentleman I'd like to get to the roof and wait for my room - he then attempted to make a phone call - then checked his desktop - fumbled somewhat and told me I could not go to the rooftop party due to "technically you're not a guest until you check-in" and subsequently denied my request. WOW! So I made the best of it and toured the area until 2PM and returned just to see the status of my checkin- The fellow told me my room was available, didn't call as he said he would earlier. Ok no big woop. I got to the roof and was surprised how small the pool was - lack of seating - long line to get a beverage at a service bar - no bar seating designed in. The long line from what I observed was the three bartenders using one cash register and it appeared that this model of cash register was very new to the staff. A few bumps in the road I noticed - this was the grand opening and the inexperience showed all around. The room was very good - a very high bed - being tall I enjoyed that and how comfy it was. Very cold and quiet air conditioner - nice cartridge coffee maker- comp. bottled water- very large flat screen TV -quiet room all around on the seventh floor. If I would return to the ERH it would not be for the rooftop.
"Convenient location Dupont Metro close by."
05/26/15 Hiloschild808 Honolulu, Hawaii
The Embassy Row Hotel is located in a very convenient location, close to the Dupont Metro Station. Lots of shops near by and restaurants too. On Sundays, there is a Farmers' Market by the Metro stop with fruits, prepared foods, vegetables, bread and hand-made soaps. The Farmers' Market makes it convenient to purchase fruits and bread and cheese that you could take back to your hotel room to snack on. During the stay, hotel was in the process of renovation, but was not a bother.
"Great Stay. Great Location"
05/26/15 JZGuinea Charlotte, Vermont
Staff were super friendly. Rooms are great, newly renovated. The hotel is in a great location right off DuPont Circle with lots of restaurants and close to the Metro . Would definitely stay here again.
"The makings of something great"
05/25/15 Percy H Brooklyn
Embassy Row Hotel is a newly renovated and chic hotel right in the heart of DuPont Circle. Embassy Row is so centrally located that depending on what room your staying, you might be treated to a view of DuPont Circle or some other beautiful landmark in the area. My stay at Embassy Row was last minute because I originally booked the Capital Hill Hyatt for two nights but I found myself needing to stay a third night and thus my change. Now, Embassy Row Hotel is no doubt, a great place to reside while in DC. The rooms are newly renovated and so you can't go wrong. The staff is very friendly, attentive and professional. However, I feel an ingredient was missing. I've stayed at many hotels and I must admit I walk in with an expectation of unified front of excellence because that's what hospitality means to me. Now back to the staff, as I mentioned, the staff was good but after a few minutes, I got the sense that the few staffers weren't operations form a common vision or focus. It's had to describe but I would have liked to have seen a unified wave of welcome if you will. Similar to what you get when you board a cruise ship; everyone speaking and acting out the vision of the hotel. It should be something your feel upon arrival. Again, the gentleman who checked me in was nice but it appeared that everyone else was distant or distracted. On another not, I did have the opportunity to have a bite to eat in the beautifully appointed dining area. However, that was after being told rather rudely, we are not a restaurant. I'm not sharing this to get anyone in trouble but to point out that - that bit of information was totally unnecessary. My focus would have been to promote what you do offer instead of what you don't. That particular morning, I saw the manager walking around making sure things were going well, I only wish he had stopped at my table to say hello and to get a feel for my comfort/satisfaction. On another note, my breakfast was excellent and the tall man serving me was a delight! I want to point out two other things that made my trip less then perfect. When I called to make my reservation, I was told there was a difference between a standard room and the Ambassador rooms. I was told the Ambassador room would have a view and when I arrived to my room, I was disappointed to see that the view I was lead to believe I would have, ended up being a view into the rooms of other guest. So, please make sure you confirm with the front desk before going to your room. Another thing that troubled me was the lack of accessibility of the rooftop. As a guest, I wanted so desperately to experience the beauty of the rooftop but due to radio station Hot90 whatever it's called, I was not able to. The following day, there was another private party and even then, there was no guarantee that I would be able to enjoy it when it ended. Honestly, Embassy Row is a great hotel and I'm not going to take it off my list but I will say, make sure your expectations are met. If I received a courtesy call from the front desk asking if things were ok, I probably would have mentioned a few things but never the less, perhaps next time.
"Came to rooftop"
05/24/15 Nia O
I visited DC over the Memorial Day Weekend and came to Embassy Row. The hotel is convenient to the Dupont Circle Area. The rooftop was great. Good food, great drinks, nice vibe! You should come check it out.
"GREAT LOCATION LOOKING FOR A PERSONALITY"
05/24/15 FrequentFlyer013 Boston, Massachusetts
Entering the hotel is not customer-friendly and somewhat confusing. There are stairs making it difficult to bring bags in. The reception looks unlike any other hotel reception...Just a counter with some folks hanging around. As all staff are dressed in jeans, I had to ask whether they were staff and this was where I needed to check in. A nice surprising touch, however, was that the gentleman who checked me in also walked me to my room to make sure I was happy. I got a good deal here during a week when hotel prices were sky high. Rooms are newly renovated and clean although somewhat small. I had no tub, only a shower which seems common in smaller spaces. Apparently they have a roof deck, but despite the fact that the weather was very warm for May, the deck was closed to guests. Ask for a room facing the center of the hotel if you prefer quiet and would enjoy looking out at colorful pyramids...If you are new to DC and don't mind street noise, ask to face the street.
"Awesome Stay!"
05/21/15 Rick F Fountain Hills, Arizona
We stayed at the Embassy Row Hotel in D.C. You talk about location, location, location...wow! The hotel was recently renovated to the hilt and sits in the heart of DuPont Circle. Walk out the door and you are surrounded by embassies and sidewalk cafes, plus the Metro (train) which leads everywhere is only a five minute walk away. Since this was our first trip to D.C., we relied on the concierge for guidance and advice and boy did we get it! Thank you Fassel. I highly recommend this hotel. The food was great, the rooms exceptionally clean and the all-around service was great. The roof top swimming pool area was also renovated and the city views, especially at night, were extraordinary. Rick & Sherry Finkler Fountain Hills, AZ
"Got Bumped and Yelled at"
05/18/15 ChristineDSF San Francisco, California
I have never had such a poor stay in a hotel – either logistically or interpersonally - and I travel a lot for work. I never post on these forums but feel compelled to do so since it was such a bad experience. It started with arriving at 11:30 at night and being told that, despite having made my reservation through my organization weeks before and having confirmed it two days prior, the hotel was overbooked and I had to go two blocks away to stay at a “private club”. I get to the club – which looks like it belongs in the 19th century – and am rudely told that there was a “dress code” and that my denim jacket was unacceptable. And then the room was tiny and shoddy and the TV didn’t work. Fine, it was a place to stay, although I can’t imagine why they would choose to send their guests somewhere that their guests will be treated rudely. Next morning I go back (because I had booked a two night stay!)and ask if any compensation would be appropriate for the inconvenience I had experienced. And this started the interpersonal nightmare. In short: 1) as noted in other reviews I have seen, a responsible manager is NEVER available. Always in a meeting, 2) this manager does not call or contact me until two days later, despite leaving my number three times and being assured he or she will call me promptly. Then all I get is one phone call with no message when I don’t pick up (because I am in a meeting). 3) One of the people I talk to the next day (to leave my phone number) tells me that I was taken to the other accommodations because of “plumbing issues”. Clearly a lie, based on my conversation with both the original person who checked me in and the admission of a manager (when I finally manage to track him down), 4) when I do personally track down the manager, he is immediately aggressive and dismissive, telling me, among other things, that “I am not the customer” (since my organization made the reservation); angrily saying, after acknowledging that plumbing excuse wasn’t true, that “I shouldn’t call his staff member a liar” when I labelled this mistruth a “lie”; and condescendingly asking me if I “know what overbooked means”. I was so in shock about the whole interaction I didn’t know what to say. When I finally was able to tell him about my experience at the club, etc., his reaction was “well, why didn’t you say so” (when I hadn’t been able to get a word in edgewise), before telling me he will take it up with my organization (because, again, they are the customer). This is all above and beyond the fact that there was a constant whirring noise in my room all night seemingly from the central air or water ducts that kept me from sleeping and the fact that many of the outlets + the iron didn’t work. There are lots of great hotels in DC. You do not need to stay here and run the risk of being treated like this, even if the rooms were great – which they aren’t.