All hotels in Alexandria, Virginia, United States of America
1616 King St, Alexandria, VA, 22314, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1591

4.8
"Great location and knowledgeable staff"
Close to the metro and free King Street trolley stop right outside of front lobby. Staff was very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. The location couldn't have been better.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Liked this hotel except for its outdated garage facility. Getting in and out of it was a nightmare. There was no room to maneuver in and out of parking spaces and up and down the ramp.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
Butler
"Great Family Vacation destination"
We stayed for 5 nights and had a great time. Old Towne Hampton Inn staff were very kind and courteous to us during our stay. Breakfasts were great with lots of variety and a big economical help too. We enjoyed being able to use the Trolley to go down to the middle of town for dinner each night. Only suggestion for the town of Alexandria to get another trolley running because there was always a wait and some people even got left at their stops due to the trolley being full. Pool was great and the lifeguard was very pleasant. The Metro is very close and easy to maneuver to and from DC. Would definitely stay again at Old Town Alexandria Hampton Inn
5 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Family3
Great experience, clean, helpful staff and very good breakfast
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"Perfect location"
The hotel was nice and th ebreakfast was good. The hotel was close to the Metro to get into DC. We had a great time.
3 night family trip Jul 16, 2014
SBell
"Will definitely stay here again."
I had a great stay. The neighborhood is great. The metro station is very close, making it easy for me to get to the Nationals game on time. The staff was very friendly. Will stay here again the next time I come to Washington D.C.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Nice people, nice place. Very good breakfast at no charge.
2 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
Fred V.
"Great location on King Street, close to Metro"
Great location near restaurants, shops, and King Street Metro station. Nice rooms, good breakfast included, pleasant staff.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
Charlie
Very nice rooms, comfortable beds and quiet. Walk to old town, very convenient. Breakfast left a lot to be desired though, even compared to other Hampton inns. Cold stale French toast and microwaved egg omelets.
1 night business trip Jun 27, 2014
It was great as always! Clean hotel and friendly staff.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Nice clean hotel room and wonderful servicing staff. Close to everything that we wanted to go to walking distance restaurants and shops. Your car is protected in the parking garage makes like even better.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Stay away!"
Too pricy... Rooms are too small! Elevator is too slow...staff is rude
1 night business trip May 30, 2014
Josh
"Nice hotel close to all of the places I visited"
Great room. Friendly and helpful staff. Yummy breakfast.
Other trip May 25, 2014
Sharron
"Pleasant place, great location, with car park."
Only had a one night stay. Flying out next morning it was close to airport.
Other trip May 24, 2014
kevin
"Nice accomodations"
The hotel was clean and secure. The attention was awesome and the staff were friendly and ready to help. The breakfast was diverse and complete. Great experience!
Other trip May 19, 2014
Angelo
The great hotel staff.
1 night business trip May 16, 2014
Sho
"Location! location!,"
We were there to visit family. We were not there to sightsee but to do family actitives and the location was perfect!,
Other trip May 12, 2014
"Stay here and Metro everywhere"
We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The bed was very comfortable. The staff we interacted with were all very pleasant & helpful. The morning breakfast was one of the better you will find. A short walk to the King St. Metro station and you are off to see the sights and explore the history of the nations capitol. Old Town has many excellent restaurants and the boutique shops are fun as well. I would say the only downside was that the rooms are not really very sound-proof, but the area is quiet so that was not a real issue.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
M C
"Hampton Inn - a mixed basket"
Hampton Inn on King St has a perfect location - close to the Metro, nice neighborhood, with tons of dining options. I just wish their rooms and service was good. First, the hotel parking lot was full and they had to put my car temporarily in the loading dock. Then I found out that the king room booked on hotels.com was not available and got a double instead. Then the a/c unit broke down, followed by the hair dryer. Hampton Inn chose to use large pillows - so if you are used to standard pillows prepare for neck pain in the morning. The free hotel breakfast is nice with fruits, DIY waffles, eggs, potatoes, yogurt, oatmeal, granola, etc.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Alex
"Great location...and breakfast"
We chose this hotel for it's proximately to the metro station. It couldn't have been easier to get into DC with our whole family. The hotel was comfortable but the breakfast was outstanding!! There was nothing typical about it. Omelets, French toast sticks, fresh fruit, terrific donuts (according to my kids) and even greek yogurt for me!!
2 night family trip Apr 25, 2014
Amy Mapes
parking was difficult. bed was roch-hard and pillows cheap and uncomforta ble.
1 night trip Apr 19, 2014
"Convenient and Clean"
We needed to make a quick trip to DC and wanted to stay close to public transportation while having access to some of the quaint aspects of the area. This hotel is about 2 blocks from the Amtrak station and a block and a half from the Metro. With the free King Street trolley stop outside the front door, you can go down the 16 blocks to the Alexandria waterfront if you don't want to walk it. Visit the Torpedo Factory for an art fix, visit a touristy restaurant, or have an over-the-top cupcake. It's all there.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
"Don't do it!!!"
Hardest bed I ever stayed awake in. Pillows were cheap and uncomfortable.Parking a nightmare.
2 night trip Apr 18, 2014
"Great place to stay if visiting Washington DC"
This hotel is an easy 5 minute walk (about 200-300 yards) to the King St. Metro which is about a 20 minute train ride into DC. The rooms are plain hotel rooms and a little on the small side, but they are clean and up to date. The hotel does not offer much in the way of amenities, but the Old Town Alexandria neighborhood and the ease of getting in and out of Washington make it a great place to stay. The free trolley stops there at the hotel and will take you to the waterfront with many stops along the way. The area has many restaurants and shops. The rate was very competitive, cheaper than staying in DC, and they had some of the cheapest parking in the DC area. The parking deck is below ground and very small. If you drive a large truck or SUV it may prove very challenging. The breakfast was fine. Typical free hotel breakfast. Nothing special, but certainly satisfactory. I would definitely stay here again if I was visiting Washington.
2 night trip Apr 14, 2014
L.Reynolds
"Very nice hotel"
We enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn. It was convenient to the metro (approx. 2 blocks). The included breakfast was very good with lots of options, eggs, pancakes or French toast, fruit, cereal, oatmeal, fruit etc. Our room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Parking was an additional cost per night, but worth it. We were able to walk to the restaurants, bars and shops. Very safe. I would stay here again.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Enjoyed the hotel, good location, good breakfast."
We did encounter a couple of problems: we booked a room with a king bed, we got two doubles; the drink vending machine was out of all sodas except for diet sodas. We didn't alert the staff since we arrived late and were only staying one night.
Other trip Mar 25, 2014
"Great location for sight seeing. Helpful staff."
Night desk clerk was pretty grumpy but day staff was helpful and pleasant. Nice breakfast with enough seating in the lobby. Room was fine. -- clean and comfortable. There is a laundry room, but they were out of soap for a couple if days.
Other trip Mar 21, 2014
nancy
"They hide the parking fees"
The hotel seems to try to take more $$$ from you by charging you extra $$$ for parking without telling you ... I had to question if they charged before they admitted they were doing it!!
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
"Excellent in every way"
This hotel should be your first choice if wanting to stay on King St in Old Town Alexandria. Staff was very helpful and I would stay again if given the chance to return.
1 night family trip Mar 14, 2014
"It's just ok."
Parking was told to me via Expedia and on the Hampton Inn website, to be $15, but it is actually $20. When I told the woman at the front desk she was unapologetic and rather short with me. Oh well, it's only $5, but her attitude was unnecessary. I smelled smoke throughout the night and our toilet made a dripping sound all night. Good location, but just an average hotel.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
"Great location and reasonable price"
Clean and attractive hotel located next to King Street Metro stop. We plan to consider same hotel next time.
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
"Excellent Value"
This was a very reasonably priced hotel in a pricey area. Very convenient to Metro, good food options abound nearby. Breakfast was better than most for being included in this hotel class.
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2014
"I love this place"
I travel a lot and therefore am always dealing with hotels. This place is a very sweet hotel. I had a great experience. Old town is my favorite place and this hotel is located right on king street very close to the metro. I love their breakfast. By far best breakfast i have had in hotels.
2 night trip Jan 19, 2014
"Decent but some issues"
The hotel is pretty decent for the price. My only issues were with the bathroom, the wall in the bathtub/shower had a bunch of cracks and the showerhead was not stable on the holder and even came off at one point. I didn't report any of it because I was only there for one night and by the time I figured it out I didn't feel like going through the hassle of switching rooms. If I'd been there longer then I would have. The "fitness room" is also really tiny, and barely fits an elliptical, stationary bike, and treadmill (that's all that's in there). There's a yoga mat or two, and some weight balls. And a TV which I couldn't find the remote for but I had my headphones and music. The bed is very comfortable, and the location is great right on King Street and just a block or two from the Metro and all kinds of bars, shops, and restaurants.
1 night trip Jan 18, 2014
LaShaune
"Poor Front Desk Customer Service"
Front desk personnel were disinterested in answering any questions. They would also not give me a zero sum receipt since i booked through hotels.com.
1 night trip Jan 19, 2014
"Old Town"
I liked the location because it was good for my purposes. It's near the Metro and the Amtrak station, and walking distance to a great number of restaurants and Old Town.
2 night trip Jan 10, 2014
"Location, location, location"
Carpet needed cleaning, but room was otherwise very clean. Bed was comfortable, room was quiet. Breakfast offered plenty to choose from. Loved the free internet. Getting harder to find in the price range of this hotel - frequently a surcharge, and I don't think that's acceptable anymore. And did I mention the great location?! Would definitely come back to this hotel.
1 night trip Dec 24, 2013
K
"New Years Eve 2013"
A lovely hotel in the old town within walking distance of many restaurants and sites.
1 night trip Dec 31, 2013
"Unauthorized charges"
Everything with the hotel was great. Room was comfortable and clean. I woke up the next morning to find that my credit card had been charged $50 for no reason. I didn't order any incidentals and the front desk had no record of what the charge was for. The General Manager said that he refunded the amount, but I am still waiting for it to reflect in my account. I was given no explaination for the charge and no follow up when I reached out to the manager via email.
1 night trip Dec 28, 2013
Lea
"Will definitely stay in the future."
Great location - within walking distance of the King Street Metro Station and 12 blocks to the waterfront. A free trolley runs up and down King Street on the weekends, but I found everything easily walkable. The neighborhood felt safe & I had no qualms walking at night. If you have a large SUV type vehicle, you may find it difficult to park in the underground parking without scraping it up. I gave a "4" for condition because there was some rust stains around the tub faucet, but nothing too gross.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2013
Jo
"Nice Place"
This hotel will definitely suffice for any needs. It's proximity to old town Alexandria makes it a winner. And you can leave the car to take the metro if driving is not your thing.
1 night trip Nov 23, 2013
Mike R
"Great Location for a great price"
The room was nice, clean, and quiet. The location was excellent, close to the metro and lots of dining and shopping close by
4 night trip Nov 6, 2013
"Affordable, convenient stay in Old Town"
Went for a short stay with my two sisters and daughter. The hotel was convenient to the Metro and to all the shops on King Street -- the trolley stops right out front! Staff were very helpful, room was quite comfortable. Very affordable alternative in Old Town.
1 night trip with friends Oct 18, 2013
Anne
What a great location. Well-thought details.
2 night trip Oct 7, 2013
"Convenient hotel, close to Metro, perfect for DC."
We would recommend this hotel. My only complaint was at check in...they made us wait until exactly the 3pm check in. I know our room was ready. Everyday we were there no maids were still making up rooms around 2:30pm. It is just their policy to not check in early...even a half hour early. A tiny complaint, but when you just flown in on a red eye and got lost trying to get to the hotel...we were looking to relax in our room, rather than their tiny lobby with all our suit cases piled around us.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
Bert
"Solid choice"
Great breakfast, friendly staff. Very strong smell of mildew in my first room on the 3rd floor. Asked to be moved which they did. Second room on the 4th floor smelled just as strong. 2 rooms on two different floors? May be a problem going on here. I've stayed here multiple times in the past and never had an issue before.
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
"Very good place to stayl in Old Town Alexandira"
Great location. Free King Street Trolley stop in front of hotel. Good breakfast selection. About $5 less per night(compared to other hotels) for parking under hotel. Staff friendly. Detractors: elevators rather slow and tub had a very slow drain.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2013
"Walking to all"
Great location for restaurants and shopping. Planning a return leisure trip with my wife.
1 night business trip Sep 5, 2013
jadodoc
"Convenient and comfortable, easy to get aroun"
We were able to accomplish what we needed to do and we found it very easy to walk around. At night there were an assortment of little restaurants all within walking distance. The hotel staff was even accommodating of an extremely early morning airport checkout and taxi call. All in all we were very happy and comfortable and would stay there again.
3 night business trip Sep 3, 2013
"Room Cleanliness"
The cleaning staff failed to clean our room. Wouldn't have been such a problem had we not had a handicapped room. The shower allowed for the water to get all over the floor. When we returned late in the evening, the bed was unmade and the bathroom floor was very wet. It was too late at that point to get the cleaning staff in (after 10:30 pm) and we were too tired anyway. I picked up some extra towels to dry the floor.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013