All hotels in Alexandria, Virginia, United States of America

Quite clean
  • Value
    Regular internet service
"Shopping Trip"
Couldn't get the temperature in the room comfortable. It was either too hot or cold, but other than that it was great. Perfect location for shopping in Old Town.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"Great !"
Second time we have stayed here. Very clean comfortable good breakfast. Very convenient location near Metro and in great shopping/dining area. Excellent value for money.
jackie
"Convenient location to Metro, Airport, and DC"
Nice breakfast with hard working attendants. Double beds are sall for 2 people. Comfotable bedding. Small but modern workout room, great for cardio.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
"Great for a quick stay!"
Short stay but great - we were just there for the night to attend a wedding in the area. I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the room/hotel. The [free] breakfast was perfect for the price and the area is nice.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
"Short trip"
Front desk staff were informative about the area. We enjoyed our short stay.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
Sheila
Love the location in Old Town and its proximity to the King Street metro. There are so many diverse restaurants and shops within walking distance.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Nice stay in Old Towne"
Two nights. Garage parking fee high. TV took too long to get to regular channels.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Frederick L
"Disapointing"
No water pressure in shower spray nozzle did not work properly, was not told of$20.00 day parking fee prior to booking rooms.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"Love Old Town"
We toured Mount Vernon Saturday, dinner at the Chart House. The Hampton Inn provided a surprisingly good breakfast free of charge. Lots of variety. A stroll down King Street, purchased something nice for my wife at the Silver Parrot, lunch at la Madeleine. Perfect weekend, weather was great.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
mike
"close to conference site"
Hotel staff were very personable, genuine and helpful. We felt very welcomed and safe. The hotel amenities were great. Fitness room could be a bit larger, but still very accommodating overall.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Very comfortable with good service"
We would definitely stay again.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"I always have the best experience at Hampton Inn"
The hotel is located right on King Street, but in the furthest area from the harbor, which is about a 20 minute walk away. The area is very nice and safe. The entrance of the hotel gives you a good first impression. The breakfast is included in the price of the room and it is a nice breakfast. The room was large and clean. It is very important to me when hotels have white bedspreads as there is nowhere to hide the dirt. At the Hampton they use a duvet cover, which is easy to change and clean after each guest. The bed is very comfortable and top quality. They use Neutrogena toiletries, nice! The building is non smoking which is top priority for me. Note that you have to pay for parking at the hotel parking garage.
1 night family trip Aug 31, 2014
"Old Town Alexandria"
Excellent location and a very nice hotel for the price.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
As a Hilton Honors member and frequent guest of the Hampton Inns chain, I made reservations at the King Street Hampton Inn in Alexandria. While the location was very close to the Metro, easy access to the King Street Trolley and walking distance to shops and restaurants, the actual facility was rundown compared to all the other Hampton Inns my family has stayed. The hotel staff were pleasant. The King Suite we stayed in was a comfortable size but in need of a renovation. The elevators needed updating also.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Carole
"Great Getaway"
JP I believe his name was, at the front desk the one evening. He was excellent in service and in kindness, great person all together.
3 night family trip Aug 20, 2014
Timothy Wagle
"Great location and knowledgeable staff"
Close to the metro and free King Street trolley stop right outside of front lobby. Staff was very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. The location couldn't have been better.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Liked this hotel except for its outdated garage facility. Getting in and out of it was a nightmare. There was no room to maneuver in and out of parking spaces and up and down the ramp.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
Butler
"Great Family Vacation destination"
We stayed for 5 nights and had a great time. Old Towne Hampton Inn staff were very kind and courteous to us during our stay. Breakfasts were great with lots of variety and a big economical help too. We enjoyed being able to use the Trolley to go down to the middle of town for dinner each night. Only suggestion for the town of Alexandria to get another trolley running because there was always a wait and some people even got left at their stops due to the trolley being full. Pool was great and the lifeguard was very pleasant. The Metro is very close and easy to maneuver to and from DC. Would definitely stay again at Old Town Alexandria Hampton Inn
5 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Family3
Great experience, clean, helpful staff and very good breakfast
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"Perfect location"
The hotel was nice and th ebreakfast was good. The hotel was close to the Metro to get into DC. We had a great time.
3 night family trip Jul 16, 2014
SBell
"Will definitely stay here again."
I had a great stay. The neighborhood is great. The metro station is very close, making it easy for me to get to the Nationals game on time. The staff was very friendly. Will stay here again the next time I come to Washington D.C.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Nice people, nice place. Very good breakfast at no charge.
2 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
Fred V.
"Great location on King Street, close to Metro"
Great location near restaurants, shops, and King Street Metro station. Nice rooms, good breakfast included, pleasant staff.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
Charlie
Very nice rooms, comfortable beds and quiet. Walk to old town, very convenient. Breakfast left a lot to be desired though, even compared to other Hampton inns. Cold stale French toast and microwaved egg omelets.
1 night business trip Jun 27, 2014
It was great as always! Clean hotel and friendly staff.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Nice clean hotel room and wonderful servicing staff. Close to everything that we wanted to go to walking distance restaurants and shops. Your car is protected in the parking garage makes like even better.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Stay away!"
Too pricy... Rooms are too small! Elevator is too slow...staff is rude
1 night business trip May 30, 2014
Josh
"Nice hotel close to all of the places I visited"
Great room. Friendly and helpful staff. Yummy breakfast.
Other trip May 25, 2014
Sharron
"Pleasant place, great location, with car park."
Only had a one night stay. Flying out next morning it was close to airport.
Other trip May 24, 2014
kevin
"Nice accomodations"
The hotel was clean and secure. The attention was awesome and the staff were friendly and ready to help. The breakfast was diverse and complete. Great experience!
Other trip May 19, 2014
Angelo
The great hotel staff.
1 night business trip May 16, 2014
Sho
"Location! location!,"
We were there to visit family. We were not there to sightsee but to do family actitives and the location was perfect!,
Other trip May 12, 2014
"Stay here and Metro everywhere"
We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The bed was very comfortable. The staff we interacted with were all very pleasant & helpful. The morning breakfast was one of the better you will find. A short walk to the King St. Metro station and you are off to see the sights and explore the history of the nations capitol. Old Town has many excellent restaurants and the boutique shops are fun as well. I would say the only downside was that the rooms are not really very sound-proof, but the area is quiet so that was not a real issue.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
M C
"Hampton Inn - a mixed basket"
Hampton Inn on King St has a perfect location - close to the Metro, nice neighborhood, with tons of dining options. I just wish their rooms and service was good. First, the hotel parking lot was full and they had to put my car temporarily in the loading dock. Then I found out that the king room booked on hotels.com was not available and got a double instead. Then the a/c unit broke down, followed by the hair dryer. Hampton Inn chose to use large pillows - so if you are used to standard pillows prepare for neck pain in the morning. The free hotel breakfast is nice with fruits, DIY waffles, eggs, potatoes, yogurt, oatmeal, granola, etc.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Alex
"Great location...and breakfast"
We chose this hotel for it's proximately to the metro station. It couldn't have been easier to get into DC with our whole family. The hotel was comfortable but the breakfast was outstanding!! There was nothing typical about it. Omelets, French toast sticks, fresh fruit, terrific donuts (according to my kids) and even greek yogurt for me!!
2 night family trip Apr 25, 2014
Amy Mapes
parking was difficult. bed was roch-hard and pillows cheap and uncomforta ble.
1 night trip Apr 19, 2014
"Convenient and Clean"
We needed to make a quick trip to DC and wanted to stay close to public transportation while having access to some of the quaint aspects of the area. This hotel is about 2 blocks from the Amtrak station and a block and a half from the Metro. With the free King Street trolley stop outside the front door, you can go down the 16 blocks to the Alexandria waterfront if you don't want to walk it. Visit the Torpedo Factory for an art fix, visit a touristy restaurant, or have an over-the-top cupcake. It's all there.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
"Don't do it!!!"
Hardest bed I ever stayed awake in. Pillows were cheap and uncomfortable.Parking a nightmare.
2 night trip Apr 18, 2014
"Great place to stay if visiting Washington DC"
This hotel is an easy 5 minute walk (about 200-300 yards) to the King St. Metro which is about a 20 minute train ride into DC. The rooms are plain hotel rooms and a little on the small side, but they are clean and up to date. The hotel does not offer much in the way of amenities, but the Old Town Alexandria neighborhood and the ease of getting in and out of Washington make it a great place to stay. The free trolley stops there at the hotel and will take you to the waterfront with many stops along the way. The area has many restaurants and shops. The rate was very competitive, cheaper than staying in DC, and they had some of the cheapest parking in the DC area. The parking deck is below ground and very small. If you drive a large truck or SUV it may prove very challenging. The breakfast was fine. Typical free hotel breakfast. Nothing special, but certainly satisfactory. I would definitely stay here again if I was visiting Washington.
2 night trip Apr 14, 2014
L.Reynolds
"Very nice hotel"
We enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn. It was convenient to the metro (approx. 2 blocks). The included breakfast was very good with lots of options, eggs, pancakes or French toast, fruit, cereal, oatmeal, fruit etc. Our room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Parking was an additional cost per night, but worth it. We were able to walk to the restaurants, bars and shops. Very safe. I would stay here again.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Enjoyed the hotel, good location, good breakfast."
We did encounter a couple of problems: we booked a room with a king bed, we got two doubles; the drink vending machine was out of all sodas except for diet sodas. We didn't alert the staff since we arrived late and were only staying one night.
Other trip Mar 25, 2014
"Great location for sight seeing. Helpful staff."
Night desk clerk was pretty grumpy but day staff was helpful and pleasant. Nice breakfast with enough seating in the lobby. Room was fine. -- clean and comfortable. There is a laundry room, but they were out of soap for a couple if days.
Other trip Mar 21, 2014
nancy
"They hide the parking fees"
The hotel seems to try to take more $$$ from you by charging you extra $$$ for parking without telling you ... I had to question if they charged before they admitted they were doing it!!
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
"Excellent in every way"
This hotel should be your first choice if wanting to stay on King St in Old Town Alexandria. Staff was very helpful and I would stay again if given the chance to return.
1 night family trip Mar 14, 2014
"It's just ok."
Parking was told to me via Expedia and on the Hampton Inn website, to be $15, but it is actually $20. When I told the woman at the front desk she was unapologetic and rather short with me. Oh well, it's only $5, but her attitude was unnecessary. I smelled smoke throughout the night and our toilet made a dripping sound all night. Good location, but just an average hotel.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
"Great location and reasonable price"
Clean and attractive hotel located next to King Street Metro stop. We plan to consider same hotel next time.
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
"Excellent Value"
This was a very reasonably priced hotel in a pricey area. Very convenient to Metro, good food options abound nearby. Breakfast was better than most for being included in this hotel class.
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2014
"I love this place"
I travel a lot and therefore am always dealing with hotels. This place is a very sweet hotel. I had a great experience. Old town is my favorite place and this hotel is located right on king street very close to the metro. I love their breakfast. By far best breakfast i have had in hotels.
2 night trip Jan 19, 2014
"Decent but some issues"
The hotel is pretty decent for the price. My only issues were with the bathroom, the wall in the bathtub/shower had a bunch of cracks and the showerhead was not stable on the holder and even came off at one point. I didn't report any of it because I was only there for one night and by the time I figured it out I didn't feel like going through the hassle of switching rooms. If I'd been there longer then I would have. The "fitness room" is also really tiny, and barely fits an elliptical, stationary bike, and treadmill (that's all that's in there). There's a yoga mat or two, and some weight balls. And a TV which I couldn't find the remote for but I had my headphones and music. The bed is very comfortable, and the location is great right on King Street and just a block or two from the Metro and all kinds of bars, shops, and restaurants.
1 night trip Jan 18, 2014
LaShaune
"Poor Front Desk Customer Service"
Front desk personnel were disinterested in answering any questions. They would also not give me a zero sum receipt since i booked through hotels.com.
1 night trip Jan 19, 2014