All hotels in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Av. Atlantica 2230Copacabana, Rio de JaneiroRJ22041-001Brazil, ‏‎800-491-6126

Bad pool
  • Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"Great staff, so-so hotel"
This hotel's location and staff are the best thing going for it. However, the rooms were uncomfortable for myself (I switched rooms due to my first being unbelievably small and loud) and my colleagues. Between our three rooms, we probably could have combined different elements to make one good room. My room's size, my colleague's shower, but with my other colleague's water temperature. WiFi was hit and miss depending on your room. The windows are quite old and you can literally fit your hand between the upper and lower windows. That makes for a very noisy night. The staff deserves mention however as they are wonderful and accommodating. With a significant upgrade this hotel could be very, very nice.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
"good hotel, excellent location close to the beach"
excellent staff and location in front of copacabana beach; the hotel is a little bit old and need to be renovated. after checking out and in case you have a late flight, you have only a toilet to change your clothes
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Abdelmalek DAHM
"Good location, average service"
Good outdoor eating at restaurant next door. Breakfast and seating was good. Room clean with everything in order. Lobby needs updating/renovation. Asking for ice gets bad attitude from bartender. Front desk staff was helpful. Doorman has airport run scam, so just pay for the taxi and save 40-50 %. Overall, stay here again. Rio remarkably lacking in good hotels.
3 night business trip Mar 29, 2014
"good locale. friendly staff."
The.check in process was pleasant and they allowed an early checkin and let us stay an hour.after check out.
1 night trip Mar 7, 2014
J. Elon
"A must stay in RIO"
The staff here is excellent, location excellent, was very happy that I stayed here.
3 night trip Feb 22, 2014
"Expensive hotel for a dirty bathroom"
The price wasn't cheap for a standard room. The lobby and the breakfast area is so pretty, the food selection for breakfast was absolutely okay. The window of the room faced to another building, the smell of a restaurant kitchen was a bit disturbing. The bathroom was nice about 15 years ago, but it's not so good now. The wall in the shower was disguisting, the marble on the floor is really dingy now. The air condition has ON or OFF option only, it had no remote controller
Other trip Feb 21, 2014
Scotland lover
"Great people, nice point but old building"
The hotel is situated in a really good point of the city right in front of Copacabana Beach and very close to Nossa Senhora de Copacabana Street where you can find some cool stores. The people of the hotel is really nice and they are willing to help all the time, actually I did lot of questions for them and they were really kind. On the other hand the hotel is a little bit old and need some remodeling, specially in some rooms and common areas. Overall I think it is a good place but it is not cheap for the kind of building it is.
Other trip Feb 6, 2014
Rid
"nice ocean view and great breakfast"
Obtained a late check out for my 10 PM flight home.
Other trip Jan 29, 2014
Great hotel with friendly and helpful staff. Kind of expensive but you couldn't ask for a better location on Capacobana.
11 night trip Jan 8, 2014
"Bad Beds, Bad Pillows, Black Mold, bad A/C"
This place was rated very well, so I was surprised when we arrived to a tiny room, horrible bed, semi-working shower and black mold all over the bathroom and closet. They were nice enough to move us to a different room due to the mold and the bed but the new room had a terrible bed as well that came up in the middle. Nice Location but its not a great place to stay.
3 night romance trip Jan 6, 2014
"Good location, terrible maintenance"
The location of the hotel is great and the service is exceptional. The staff is very helpful and spoke pretty good English. The decor of the front lobby is great and the breakfast is pretty typical of the hotels around the area which is pretty good. However, the cons are pretty glaring. First and foremost, the A/C system is not up too par ( I stayed in 2 rooms - one with a seaside view and a regular room). Withing the restroom, there were 2 walls that were basically boarded up. The only issue is that it looked pretty tacky especially for the amount paid. (Maintenance -1) The A/C was not cool at all are rather it just blew air. The restrooms in the rooms are pretty with all the granite and stone. However, there was a bit of mold in both showers. (Cleanliness - 1) The bedding was not comfortable at all either. Also, the regular room I used was not big enough or designed correctly. The doors to cabinets would not open completely because the bed was in the way. The door to the restroom opened in a weird manner you had to close it to use the shower. (Comfort - 1). I personally feel the Rio Olinda is a case of the owner relying on it as a cash cow and reaping the benefits of the hotel being located in an ideal location that it has foregone maintenance of the hotel itself. However, I must reiterate that the staff was exceptional.
1 night trip Dec 22, 2013
Lou
"In the heart of Copacabana!"
Hotel in a great location. Hotel staff very friendly, and great deals on tourist attractions.
2 night trip Dec 17, 2013
"Olinda Rio is a fine choice"
I have stayed at several of the reasonably priced Copacabana hotels and can say the Olinda is cut above the standard. It is a smaller hotel but appears to have been recently renovated and well maintained. The lobby and dinning area has grand columns and a beautiful dark wood bar. The room was nice enough although the mattress was somewhat lumpy. It is well-situated and the sale price made it a winning choice.
1 night trip Dec 12, 2013
I was travelling myself and cealing in the bathroom was in bad conditions and i was put in the back. Very bad view in the back.
1 night trip Dec 4, 2013
"Time for a huge overhaul!!!"
Great location right in the middle of Copacabana beach. But that's about it. The hotel is very tired and worn out. Carpets, fixtures, paint, tile, etc all need to be replaced-and badly. The included breakfast was decent and plentiful, but not outstanding. The hotel staff was very accommodating and pleasant. We stayed here 3 nights while passing through Rio. We didn't really explore Ipanema beach until our last day and were really sorry we didn't stay there to begin with. Aside from being on Copacabana beach, there really isn't much to get excited about with the Olinda Rio. The surrounding neighborhood is run down and not particularly inviting. Ipanema on the other hand, was much more our style- great beach and a MUCH better area to explore. We would not stay again at the Olinda Rio.
3 night family trip Nov 19, 2013
"Great place ro stay"
I had a good time And enjoy ir everything . Will come again in The negar futuro.
1 night trip Nov 6, 2013
"On Copacabana Beach"
Lobby very nice and excellent location on beach (heart of Copacabana). Room was very basic, a little below average. Overall Average rating if you take everything considered.
2 night trip Oct 7, 2013
"Right by the beach"
The hotel was nicer than my room. The lobby had marble floors, bilingual receptionists, who were always very helpful. It lacked a fitness center. The hotel was right across from the beach, and they provided towels for the beach. Hopefully my room was an exception. It was clean, but had no table or chairs. The one window was effectively boarded up with vinyl blinds covering a metal shuttered window, so there was no view or natural light.
2 night trip Oct 4, 2013
Ray Daugherty
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Olinda Rio Hotel. The location is excellent since it is located right in front of Copacabana Beach. The room was clean and comfortable, yet a bit unremarkable (basic). The staff was very accommodating and helpful. The continental breakfast was delicious! The hotel is conveniently located near everything, especially several of the main attractions. I would gladly recommend this hotel to friends, family, and business associates.
5 night trip with friends Aug 20, 2013
"Good location and helpful receiption"
Good location, very close to bus stop ! On Sunday there is fair nearby which is very insteresting to walk through. Helpful receiption can speak good English. A little noisy at night because close to the road but i think most of sea view room would be the same. Even the price isn't low but it really worth to stay
2 night trip Aug 2, 2013
"Right on Copacabana Beach"
This hotel is right in the middle of Copacabana beach so a great location as you can walk to restaurants, shopping and Ipenema (which is a little more upscale). The room we got through hotels.com was in the way back on main floor and we asked to change but never did. The breakfast is great in the morning, everything fresh. The lobby was good. The hotel staff was attentive and the bell service people and door men were excellent.
4 night trip Jul 23, 2013
CB
"Great Value for Rio"
The front desk was extremely responsive and professional. The complimentary breakfast was excellent. The rooms are newly remodeled but it looks as if they ran out of money before they could redo the bathrooms. The free wifi worked much better than I would have expected. The location is a little dodgy but no more so than anywhere else in Copacabana or the rest of Rio. Leave your passport and other valuables in your room safe and you should be fine. All in all, I would say this hotel was an excellent value by Rio standards and would gladly recommend it to anyone that needed a place to stay while on business or pleasure in Rio.
8 night business trip Jul 1, 2013
Ben
"excellent Copacabana hotel"
Hotel is excellent in nearly every way. All of the staff are very nice, courteous, and responsive to all needs. There is a small bar and restaurant with a Saturday feijoada buffet that is discounted for guests and a complimentary caipirhina is also included. The hotel kitchen makes great meals as well. Rooms are a little small but clean. Location is very nice located right on the beach and 1 block from bus stops and 3 blocks from the metro station. An abundance of restaurants are everywhere to be found. There's also within 1 block a grocery store and laundomat. The only downside was that my friend had his cellphone stolen in a pretty bold pickpocketing right in front of the hotel. The staff said they knew the group of thieves and have reported them to police, but the police haven't done much to catch them. I'd stay here again.
8 night business trip Jul 1, 2013
"Beach view room"
From the moment I arrived, the hotel was very courteous to whether I spoke Portuguese, Spanish or English. The room was great, minus a couple of carpet stains on the floor. The view blew my mind away; it was very convenient to go out to the beach to have caipirinhas. The staff was helpful with information about rio and about tours. The tours are a little pricey, but if you have the money to spend then I recommend using the hotel to tour. The hotel food was excellent, I had the salmon and it was amazing (price is pretty much the same as US prices). Recommend if you have some money to spend and plan in coming to the World Cup.
Other trip Jul 4, 2013
"updated but some functional obsolescence"
the staff was very welcoming and friendly. they kept the premises on the interior clean and the renovations they were doing on the exterior was not distracting unless you were a late sleeper. I appreciated the mini bar and snack basket however although the room had some updates it lacked being completely updated. the mattress was old, carpet was dirty as well as the drapes the bathroom have some updates but still some of the old fixture were there. the windows were old and hard to open not to mention a lot of wind noise. There was also a stale smell probably from the carpet. I was a little disappointed for a four star Hotel but it was comfortable enough.
4 night trip Jun 24, 2013
G.Williams
"Overpriced"
Locarion is convenient, hotel is located off of Copacabana beach. Rooms are subpar, beds are uncomfortable, shower is good with substantial pressure. Tours are offered with the hotel with the reception. Staff was helpful, however tours are over priced and you are much better off speaking to the tour company directly. This will save you 30%.
3 night trip Jun 4, 2013
"Excellent Copacabana Hotel"
We spent 8 days in May 2013 at this WONDERFUL hotel. The first thing that impressed us was how clean the hotel was. Our room was spotless and newly updated. It was also bigger than we had been led to believe, a nice bonus. The real treat, though, was the staff. Although we travel a lot, we did not know one word of Portuguese. The staff was super friendly and helped us every single day: they allowed us to check in early and check out late, they helped us find a bank, set up tours for us, recommended restaurants, gave us excellent instructions for using the bus system (easier than we thought with their help!), set up transport to the airport and were always very friendly IN ENGLISH! We talked to them every day. The breakfast consisted of a fruit bar with 12 different kinds of tropical fruits, all fresh, and then several breads, cheese and scrambled eggs. Between the staff and the breakfast, this was a super value for the money. We did pay extra for the ocean view, so worth it. You can see futbol and volleyball fields right from the window and there were lazy mornings where we just sat by the window instead of going down to the beach right away. One drawback: The hotel is right on the beach and Av. Atlantica, the street that runs between the beach and hotel is very, very loud. I imagine this is a problem of any beach front hotel in Copacabana.
6 night romance trip May 3, 2013
The Lessers
"Worest hotel"
The unfriendly staff and the dirty room do not deserv the amount that they are ask for. We have booked a transfer to the airport through the hotel. The driver was unprofessional and unfrendly and he has been talking on his phone from the hotel to the airport and he was driving very fast! We have told home to drive slowly and not to talk on the phone while he drive but he just ignore and he was very agressive!! All in all our experience with Olinda hotel was very bad!!
3 night business trip Apr 29, 2013
Assefa

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Olinda Rio for 2nd time"
2nd time in Olinda and we loved being back. The hotel has got a fantastic location, friendly and efficient staff and the bed in our room was enormous!!
1 night romance trip Mar 31, 2016
Lucia
"Copacabana Stay"
Excellent location, and great little boutique hotel.
1 night business trip Jan 15, 2016
"RECEPTIONISTS DONT LIKE THE BRITS."
UPON ARRIVAL, ONLY 1 RECEPTIONIST SO WE HAD TO WAIT ABOUT 30min. MAITRE WAS EXCELLENT, FIRST CLASS SERVICE. LOCATION EXCELLENT. ROOMS COMFORTABLE. I FELT THE RECEPTION DOES NOT LIKE BRITS. WHY, BECAUSE WE SEEMED TO BE LAST EVERYTIME WE NEED CLARIFICATION ON SUBJECTS. WORST PART, AFTER BEING IN HOTEL FOR 5 DAYS, DAY BEFORE OUR DEPARTURE, MY 14 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER AND I TOOK OUR AIRLINE CARRY ON BAGS TO DO LAST MINUTE SHOPPING. OUT OF THE LIFT, PAST RECEPTION, OUT THE FRONT DOOR. AT ABOUT 50m FROM HOTEL, JUST PASSING THE EVER PRESENT POLICE SECURITY, WE HEARD "STOP, STOP, STOP" WE CONTINUED AS WE DID NOT THINK THEY WERE CALLING US. THE POLICE POINTED OUT TO MAN RUNNING AFTER US, THE OLINDA DOORMAN. HE ASKED IF WE WERE STAYING IN THE HOTEL!!! AND WHAT WAS IN SUITCASE, BROKEN ENGLISH, POINTING TO CARRY-ONS. PEOPLE ALL AROUND WERE LOOKING AT US, THIS WAS COPACABANA BCH FRONT. I HAD TO FOLLOW HIM BACK TO THE HOTEL. I TRULY BLEW MY TOP. WHAT R WE COMMON CRIMINALS I ASKED, OPENING THE CASES TO SHOW NO CONTENTS. RECEPTION "U STAY AT OUR HOTEL"? THIS WAS AFTER 5 DAYS GOING IN AND OUT. I SHOUTED AT THEM "WHY DID U NOT ASK US THIS AS WE PASSED RECEPTION FROM THE LIFT!! "U BRITISH"!!!!!? I WAS ASKED. U HAD NO RIGHT TO CHASE US IN THE STREET I SAID. U SHOULD HAVE STOPPED US BEFORE WE LEFT HOTEL. RECEPTION JUST SHRUGGED THEIR SHOULDERS. PLS. NOTE I HAD HEARD OTHER GUESTS ARGUING WITH RECEPTION DURING OUR STAY BUT THEY WERE TALKING PORTUGESE. NOT VALUE FOR MONEY IN MY OPINION.
5 night family trip Dec 24, 2015
MICHAEL
"Great location at Copacabana, but..."
The hotel is right in the middle of Copacabana, across the street from the beach. However, it's seen better times; the bathroom is old & small and the AC has only 2 modes: on & off. There were renovations going on (Dec. 2015) which created lots of noise. Good breakfast buffet.
Other trip Dec 25, 2015
Moi
"Great location in Copacabana"
Stayed here for 3 nights, was a great way to finish our trip. You are right on the beach front in Copacabana and also in the main area for shopping/ restaurants in the streets behind. Would highly recommend. Staff were more than helpful and breakfast was also really good. Doesn't have a pool but you are right across from the beach, was very happy with my experience here.
3 night trip with friends Nov 29, 2015
Jane
"great location and service"
Older hotel but great location. Lobby and dining areas have character. Bedroom hás enough space with large comfortable bed. Very helpful staff. Would recommend for the price, service and location.
2 night romance trip Nov 15, 2015
anthony
"OLINDA HOTEL REVIEW AUG 2015"
Went with my 2 sons to experience Rio. Hotel is in a great location in the centre of Copacabana. Some of the rooms are looking shabby and dated but they are aware of this and refurbs are underway. All the hotel staff including reception, porters, waiters and maids are brilliant and friendly and polite. Cannot praise them enough.
17 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
GRAHAM
"Nice hotel in great location."
Great location, friendly staff, great breakfast. Highly recommend for stays at Copacabana.
Other trip Jun 25, 2015
"Excellent Ocean Front"
We got the ocean front room and it was worth it. We could hear the sound of the Atlantic surf breaking from our bed and see the beach wake up with life every morning. Perfect place to explore Rio.
3 night romance trip May 8, 2015
SG
"Awesome breakfast!"
Great location, clean rooms, awesome breakfast. Bath rooms are outdated, no temperature control in rooms.
4 night business trip Mar 25, 2015
"An Affordable Hotel in an Excellent Location"
I had been travelling over South America for three months and so booked this as a bit of luxury for the end of my trip. The hotel was in an ideal location right on Copacobana Beach and also close to the Subway for those wanting to travel the city. Other reviews focused on how the hotel needs to freshen up but the hotel seems to be taking this into consideration as I only saw a few areas that could do with a refresh. The rooms are comfortable with free high speed internet access. I would recommend booking a room with a sea view and Balcony.
3 night trip Dec 6, 2014
"The right choice and would go again!!"
Amazing, so pleased we booked the Olinda. We spent 3 weeks trying to pick the right hotel for the right money, in the right location and we finally booked it the day we were due to arrive. Our room 1102 was a reasonable size with an amazing view over Copacabana Beach. We narrowed our choice down to 3 hotels and we are really glad we picked Olinda, which was a smaller, traditional hotel with lots of grand features inside. For me, this hotel is better than its pictures online. Yes its a little tired, but the staff were very accommodating and the breakfast was great. Just two tips, get that toaster that other guests have requested and a table and two chairs on the balcony would have been a real treat.
3 night romance trip Nov 30, 2014
"A very good place to stay"
The A/C is loud that is the only disadvantage.
2 night trip Oct 25, 2014
Rosa
"the staff was incredible... friendly/hospitable"
we love the location and the staff . great experience for first timers to Copacabana Beach. would stay there again for sure.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Pierre
"Ok for price."
Floors were sticky, good shower.
1 night trip May 19, 2014
Bernhold
"value for money"
Of a lot of hotels on the same street at this level, this is one of the best - relatively cheap (for Rio, which is expensive), decent size rooms, free wifi, good breakfast, right on the beach. It is somewhat fading glamour, but decent enough.
2 night business trip May 21, 2014
ClareB
"Location Location Location"
We had a great time at Olinda Rio Hotel. The best thing is the location, it is right on the beach. The hotel is everything you need, a clean comfortable room. The staff were very professional and helpful, and at the main desk proficient in English. The building is a little older but fairly well maintained. I would say it is good value for money - it is not 5 star so there are a few things missing (e.g. no coffee in the room, no swimming pool or gym) but you can't expect that anyway when you are not paying 5 star prices.
Other trip May 2, 2014
Amber
Nice hotel, right on the beach. The staff were really helpful and very friendly. Excellent breakfast too!
4 night trip Apr 5, 2014
Cmcd
Staff not very accommodating or friendly
6 night trip Apr 18, 2014
D. Roy
Our Vacation started off with a No-Show for the Shuttle bus from the airport to hotel. When we contacted then we were told that they were too busy that day to organize a pick up, even though I sent an email to the hotel directly confirming this. Secondly; lots of communication problems for hardly anyone spoke any English...
6 night family trip Apr 18, 2014
D. Roy
Comfy beds. A freshing up of room would soon be neccessary. The management should think of investing in new towels.
13 night trip with friends Mar 22, 2014
Can be recommended
"Great stay - Value for money, great location"
The staff were very helpful and the hotel a great place to stay. The location is perfect on the beach front and it was good vaule for money.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014