All hotels in South Portland, Maine, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here700 Main St, South Portland, ME, 04106, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

"Weekend stay"
Room was clean. Pool was really warm. This was great due to the fact it was only 60 outside. The hot tub was very relaxing. Would stay here again!
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
"Time for a facelift"
Stayed there for a conference. Conference room is in great need of an update. Room was clean but also needs updating. Fair room for a fair price.
1 night business trip May 8, 2015
"Good night sleep.."
Great two nights. Clean room, nice area. Will definitely stay here again.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
Annette
"Awesome"
This hotel was amazing! The breakfast is the mornings was the best I have ever had at a hotel! All the comforts of home
2 night business trip Mar 27, 2015
Eddie
"Great time"
A nice hotel at a nice price.
3 night family trip Apr 22, 2015
"Maine trip"
the breakfast was awesome and so was the bed.
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"Even a massage chair!"
It was amazing! From the massage chair to food!
2 night business trip Apr 17, 2015
Aimee
"Awesome hotel!!"
Our stay was wonderful, the room was incredible! Can't wait to visit again.
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
"first time visit"
Went for an overnight for Dance Competition. Rooms were clean beds were comfortable service in restaurant was good! Will definitely stay again kids loved the outdoor pool!
1 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
"Excellent Value"
Excellent value overall. The room was clean, food was ok, bed was comfy. The heated outdoor pool and indoor Jacuzzi were a nice touch in the winter.
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
Fuad
"Great value and super clean! Great amenities."
my satisfaction began with the helpful front desk folks, who immediately recognized that my quoted price wasn't reflected. He made the required changes without any feedback from me...I didn't even know the rates were contradictory. What a sweet change to have the front desk acknowledge and correct an error BEFORE the customer is aware. When I arrived in my room I was further surprised at the painstaking care that had been taken to ensure that the room was clean, comfortable and worth every penny paid to stay there. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful throughout my stay and it was evident that customer satisfaction was held in high regard. The same experience was found at the Maine Table restaurant on site. An extensive breakfast buffet was complementary with our stay. I was impressed especially, with blueberry pancakes with "real" blueberries. I have been to similar breakfast buffets but none as well attended to. The customer was treated very well and Betty was an amazing waitress. The employees of this Best Western were amazing! Always helpful and always smiling. It was a wonderful change of pace from other establishments where you are bound to find a grumbling employee or one that isn't as concerned with customer satisfaction. Kudos to the staff and also to the ones who educate them on the high value of customer satisfaction. I cannot wait to return in the spring to enjoy another comfortable stay.
Sherie
"Family overnight"
Kids loved the pool! Smelled like it for days though even after two hair and body washing! Room could have been cleaner
1 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"Friendly Staff, Comfortable Lodging"
The staff was exceptionally friendly and the adjacent restaurant and voucher for a free breakfast was wonderful! The pool area was well maintained and it was fun to be able to swim outdoors in a heated pool in the winter. I enjoyed the fact that you could get to the restaurant without going outside. The rooms were clean, but very dated. Wallpaper coming off the wall in the bathroom and the rug was very worn. The furniture looked like something from the 80's! Very comfortable though. Would stay here again. Couldn't beat the price with breakfast included!
1 night trip with friends Jan 24, 2015
"2 star hotel"
It was just ok, the room smelled musty and it could use some updating. I would not stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Christine
"Nice place to stay"
it was a great experience, everything was up to and beyond expectations. Quality of food was also good, location is also great. Maine Mall and main attractions of Portland was at short driving distance
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
"Nice Hotel, Close to shopping centers"
Spent night with family, enjoyed the outside heated pool and hot tub. Nice breakfast.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
Billiejo
The way the beds were made up made it uncomfortable to get the sheets up and there were not enough blankets on them. Otherwise-very enjoyable.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
"Ok stay"
The best things about this stay were the very comfortable bed, the quiet room and the hotel spa. The hotel has a great hot tub and a heated outdoor pool which is so cool when it is lightly snowing. The room had a few burned out lightbulbs which were never replaced during my stay despite me notifying them a few minutes after entering the room. Ask for a room on the 3rd floor in the back. Very quiet.
1 night trip Dec 10, 2014
Margaret
"Swim outside in the winter"
Clean and comfortable, full buffet breakfast was very good, outdoor heated pool with inside entry was awesome. Also, the hot tub inside was Large so you could get in and out and back in again even when the pool area was at the height of use.
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
Ted
"Lovely place."
Great place clean a little dated OK. Bathroom was tight for some reason they put an extra sink in the room like a mini-kitchenette with a microwave and coffee pot which worked well for a cheap eating option but really shrank the bathroom size. LOVED the massage chair. Loved the pool and hot tub it was awesome to swim outside in November in Maine- when we do the Santa Hustle net year we will stay again. Breakfast was ok- not many options if you were vegan like myself not even oatmeal- eggs, eggs and more eggs. Service at breakfast was slow- we sat waiting for about 5 minutes before the waitress greeted us and got us water. The bonus was being able to walk through the hotel to the restaurant.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Annie Laurie
"Thanksgiving with family"
We have a little dog and sometimes it hard to travel because a lot of places don't allow pets or charge crazy prices for pets. This hotel likes pets and are very friendly here.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"A place to rest."
We were in town for a funeral and this place was fine.
2 night family trip Nov 24, 2014
"Fantastic. Must stay!"
This hotel was fantastic. They accommodated me when I needed to check in 2 hours early. The room was in excellent condition with great touches including two sets of black out curtains, great crown molding, windows that actually opened all the way and USB ports right in the wall to charge your phone. My only complaint about the room was that it was a connecting room and the door between us was not at all sound proof. At seven am the next morning I could hear everything the guys next door were saying. I never ate at the restaurant so I can't comment there, but it looked like a good menu. I took a look at the pool and it seemed very busy for a cold night so they must keep it nice and warm. It was very easy to get to downtown Portland and close to get on the highway (without overlooking a highway). Great price, I would definitely stay here again and recommend to friends and family.
1 night trip with friends Nov 22, 2014
Caroline
Nice stay! Wish the pool had been a little warmer :)
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Great girls' weekend"
Very comfortable--we had 5 of us with 2 adjoining rooms. Rooms were very comfortable --we especially liked the table and chairs so we could play board and card games.
Janey
"Great Place"
The room was clean and the staff went out of their way to be helpful. Every place we wanted to go to was within ten minutes of the hotel. I will definitely stay there again.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
"13 Birthday party"
It was great. The kids and I had a blast. The front desk staff was awesome.
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
"Great for a family on a budget."
For a family on a budget, this was a great hotel! My 5-year-old said it was the most fun hotel we have ever stayed in. She loved the pool, and that we could swim outside, even though it was freezing out! The breakfast was really good too. The staff was all very friendly. We'll definitely stay here again, when we're in the area.
1 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
"It was an okay experience."
It was okay. There was a massage chair in the room. Sort of strange. Long black hair, probably from the cleaning staff. Bed was quite hard. I slept horrible on it, my boyfriend loved it. Had trouble finding the room because it was not marked well. All little things really. You get what you pay for basically. We paid less than $100.00 for this room and got a 3 out of 5 experience. I would stay there again, but only if I was trying to stay somewhere on a tighter than normal budget. Staff was very friendly.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
MaineTravelFan
"Great stay in Portland, Maine."
The staff was wonderful; very helpful. The room was laid out in a very effective and comfortable manor. The pool area was great; the hot tub had a waterfall and the indoor/outdoor heated pool was great. Swimming is warm water while it is snowing on your head; so much fun. The hotel was near downtown which had some great brew pubs and other stores. Went to the seashore also; great location
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
"First Time in Portland!"
Even though we had never been to Portland, and we were looking for hotel with hot spa and I never knew that there's heated pool too as well - so we got in and we LOVE it!!! Even they gave each of us free breakfast coupon (valued 9.95 each) and gave us coupon for their restaurant (5.00 off if you purchase 25.00 worth of meal, and 10.00 off if you purchase 50.00 worth of meal - I thought "why not" and I'm giving the restaurant 5 stars for their excellent dinner! Even they did seafood meal right! (no overcooked and no rubbery taste) We are very much appreciated for their wonderful experiences! (We HATED going home knowing we had to give up that wonderful therapeutic spa and heated pool and we even swam with snow!!!) Thanks so much for the wonderful stay! We will DEFINTELY be back!!! :-)
1 night trip with friends Nov 1, 2014
Dean
"Good/Fair Experience."
The location of the Merry Manor Inn is very convenient. The inn itself has pluses and minuses. The lobby and business center were attractive and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was wonderful and the servers were warm and friendly. However, our room itself seemed tired and a bit dingy. We wondered how clean the carpet in our room was, and we had to ask for an extra blanket for the bed since the blanket and bedspread were so thin. The heater in our room was difficult to adjust so most of the time we were either too warm or too cold. The maid service was excellent. We also appreciated having both a refrigerator and a microwave in our room.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
Eileen
"just right"
Nice accommodations. Friendly staff. Hearty breakfast. Clean and large rooms.
2 night romance trip Oct 9, 2014
roe
"Facility is run down but room was comfortable."
The room was clean and comfortable but the noise from the hallway kept us awake at night. The salt water pool and spa are great, other parts of the facility are run down and shabby.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
We certainly would be glad to stay at Best Western again. Breakfast wonderful and staff very helpful.
1 night trip Oct 6, 2014
Ann
"We will be back!"
My husband and I needed a place to stay the night before the Maine Marathon. This was perfect. Check in started with a very fresh chocolate chip cookie. We were delighted to find a massage reclining chair in our room which came in use for our calves post-marathon. The room was "roomy" and clean. Lots of space for your things. The only negative was we had a king bed, but I found the pillows to not be firm enough (though we had 3 each). There was old wallpaper, but I didn't come to Portland for the walls do that didn't bother us at all. Vouchers were provided for a very large breakfast buffet, but we only eat bananas and energy supplements so unfortunately we didn't reap the benefits. We will definitely be back, especially because they gave us a complimentary 12:30 check out because we were running. We were able to shower which was greatly appreciated.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
James & Jessica
"Good hotel for price"
I stayed for one night in September and the hotel was good. Good value for the price; clean, right off the highway but a little outdated. Hotel was sold out on the weekend; read tripadvisor reviews. It's about 10 minutes from the center of Portland. I'd return for one/two nights.
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
Sue
"Excellent value!"
Nice clean spacious room in portland for an unbeatable price. The full body massage chair in the room was a definite added bonus that I did not expect. I will definite be staying at this hotel every time I am in portland.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"Good place for road trip to Portland"
This was easy to find and very close to the old waterfront (where you can indulge in a lobster dinner while listening to live music) and the arts district. We liked it because we could open the window for fresh air at night, there were two sinks and counters in the room (great for senior couples who travel with a small pharmacy) and a massage recliner to boot. Not a destination in itself, but that's not why we choose Best Western on road trips. We never have unpleasant surprises and often have nice ones. We were on our way to Nova Scotia with one day and night in Portland and this place fit the bill at a very reasonable cost.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
J
"Hotel close to Portland and Scarborough Beaches"
The hotel accommodations were pleasing enough, free breakfast and a coupon for money off of a dinner. Room included a refrigerator and a microwave. The room was spacious enough for the two of us but the two queen beds were much softer than we had liked. In an earlier stay we had a king size bed, the room was laid out better with the refrigerator and the microwave in a separate area outside of the bathroom next to a separate sink. The king size bed was much firmer and more to our liking. The décor was nice with paintings by Andrew Wyeth in both rooms we had stayed.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"We LOVED our stay!"
My husband and I ended up in South Portland while on our East Road trip. Being unfamiliar with the area it was awesome that the desk clerks gave us a run down on what to do in the area. The room was super clean and comfy. The pool and Jacuzzi was also a nice way to end our day from being on the road. The breakfast included was perfect and the free cookies impressed my husband. Highly recommend this place. We will be keeping our eyes open for best westerns on the remainder of our road trip.
1 night business trip Aug 24, 2014
Angelina
Good location. Easy access. Clean and comfy. Nice pool for kids.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"good value"
Not a luxury hotel by far, but a good value with breakfast buffet and heated pool. Dated, but clean.
2 night family trip Jun 3, 2014
"Relatively close to our destination."
We found the lodging very good, convenient upon our arrival from the overnight cruise from Portland to Yarmouth. The only downside of our stay was hearing a dog barking in a nearby room at night, and, hearing a dog barking loudly as we exited our room. Is this a pet friendly motel? We were not aware of that, not that we do not love animals, just never expected to hear barking so close to our room. The addition of breakfast the next morning was a wonderful addition to our stay.
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
Judith Hansen
"NEVER AGAIN"
Over all this place is not worth your time. The free breakfast is not worth your time. The only good thing about this place is the pool. We will not be back.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
Easy to find. Location perfect
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Samuel Walker
"Good Location"
We loved our stay at your hotel. The breakfast each morning was excellent. Your location was good for us, we could get where we wanted with ease. The staff was courteous and helpful. the rooms were clean and we slept well with lots of pillows. the pool and hot tub was unexpected, but lovely addition. The comfort, quietness, and location were bigt for us. we c=would stay with you aain!
3 night trip Aug 7, 2014
Bill Berning
"Good place to stay"
Stayed for one night on the way home. Room was very comfortable for one night travelling home. Very quite even tho it's near Main Street. Breakfast was very good.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
"Pool is the highlight here"
The service was great, people were very friendly. The room was dated and had a bit of an odor. The bedspreads look like they have been there for 30 years. Overall, the room is not the attraction - it's a kid-friendly pool and a convenient location to the mall area for shopping that won us over. Despite the dingy room, we would stay again because my daughters loved the pool so much.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
Service was excellent. Staff friendly and professional. Food was okay but service was great.
4 night business trip Aug 3, 2014