All hotels in South Portland, Maine, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here700 Main St, South Portland, ME, 04106, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

"Close to Portland"
Staff was very friendly and efficient. The hotel was being renovated while we were there so parts of parking lot was closed off. Our room was adequate but a little shabby. The complimentary breakfast was only adequate.
2 night romance trip Jun 23, 2014
Barb and Ron
The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. The room was spacious and comfortable, and the hotel pool was very relaxing. The hotel was undergoing construction at the time, which the staff compensated for with free breakfast coupons. I would absolutely recommend this hotel.
1 night trip Jun 18, 2014
Jen
"Great value for the price"
The hotel is under renovation, but our room was newly renovated and very clean, nice and comfortable. The staff went out of their way at the adjoining restaurant to make us comfortable.
3 night romance trip Jun 20, 2014
"Cracked walls, paint falling off, completely outda"
The walls were cracked in our room and you could see a patch to the cinderblock though the paint. Carpet was worn and outdated. We felt we overpaid. The plus side, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful.
1 night business trip Jun 2, 2014
MC
"OUTDATED !"
The entrance was all torn up due to renovations. Had to unload in front and park in rear. Dogs were allowed in this hotel. Heard one barking early in the morning. Some very "suspicious" characters were granted a room to stay in this hotel. I happened to be standing in the lobby when they entered the hotel. Never felt comfortable after seeing them heading down the hallway to a room! Bathroom was "stuck in the 70's"... however I will have to say that the room was clean.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
Being remodeled. Our room was comfortable and quiet.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Great hot breakfast, service, would definitely go back!
1 night family trip May 24, 2014
"love the hotel but disappointing construction..."
we love the merry manor inn and always stay here when we come to maine (at least once a year), however this trip was VERY disappointing because there was construction going on at the hotel. we didn't know this until we got there, and unfortunately for a king room we were stuck on the wing right where the construction was going on. it wouldn't have been that bad except for 1) we were constantly forced to park out back, 2) the construction would start each morning around 8am. we did get the hotel for a very cheap price, and we do love the hotel, so we'll definitely come back here, but they need to do something better during their next construction phase. at the very least, they need to find a way to start the construction after 9am.
5 night family trip May 18, 2014
kevin
"Great Place To Stay When Visiting Portland"
We spent three nights. The room was comfortable and clean when we arrived. The staff was friendly and helpful. The facility is undergoing some construction, but that did not really impact the quality of our stay. The gym and the pool were also nice additions to our stay here.
3 night romance trip May 16, 2014
"Best Hotel in S. Portland!"
I have been to this hotel twice now and absolutely love it! The pool is always a HUGE hit with the kids! Great staff! Rooms are decent. Under construction at the moment, but not in a bad way! Great stay!
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"Near to centre of Portland"
It was out of season, so the harbour was quiet. We only had one day as were passing through. We took in other historical sights. We had lunch in Andy's bar - very nice. We said we wanted to have Lobster that evening, and he recommended a really lovely restaurant which overlooked the harbour and was really pretty at night. The food was great! The Salt Water Grille.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
IT wasnt at all what it was in the pictures or the location wasnt where it said it was
2 night trip Apr 17, 2014
"Convenient location, excellent ammenities"
The room was fine. The price was reasonable. The breakfast was excellent. The pools were very nice. Staff attentive. Just what you need to rest your head while spending time in Portland with family and friends.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"nice hotel."
it was nice. it was a nice experience. close to every thing.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"weekend away"
pleasant stay kids had a great time breakfast was hot and yummy no complaints here
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
donna
"Friendly hotel, great stay"
The hotel was friendly, our room was clean, and very comfortable. The hotel is a quick and easy drive from downtown Portland and the price was reasonable. It was great to be able to enjoy a swim in the heated outdoor pool with snow on the ground! And even nicer to then slip into the hot tub to unwind. I would definitely recommend this hotel.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
The hotel staff was marvelous and assisted us with maps and road conditions
1 night trip Mar 27, 2014
"Under construction"
The hotel is going through some upgrades, so the hot tub and pool area were under construction during our stay. It would have been nice had we known about this ahead of time (given a discount would have been nice for our "loyalty". We may not have stayed here had we known. We were able to use the indoor/outdoor pool and enjoyed that. Our room was not convenient to the pool, but we were able to navigate through the very confusing hotel hallways to it. The free continental/buffett breakfast was okay - very processed foods. Coffee was weak. The room had nice bedding (sheets, blankets, pillows), a big tv, fridge, microwave, and was comfortable. We did have a big dumpster due to the construction right in front of our room as well.
1 night family trip Mar 15, 2014
April
BEWARE of "free breakfast"- though there ARE breakfast meals available free of charge when booking a room, I was under assumption that it was your normal " free breaksfast" as most motels operate. Do NOT come thinking it will be easy and smooth to get though! The restaurant is attached but not entirely inside the hotel, therefore making it more difficult for paying guests to conveniently eat their meal. My baby, 5 year old daughter and I came up to meet my husband on his business trip to visit with him a couple nights. The next morning we go to the restaurant to eat breakfast only to find out we did but receive our " breakfast vouchers" they are supposed to hand you when you check in. Not only frustrating and inconvenient as we were unaware we even needed these cheesy paper coupons to eat our breakfast, but then come to find out you only get two per room. Ridiculous. So when we go back to the front desk to get our breakfast passes, now knowing we will have to pay for the children to eat, the guy gives us a hassle! Questioning why we didn't get our breakfast passes at check-in. LOL! because the dimwit who checked us in forgot to tell us we needed them and never gave them to us!?? then he gives us two... but we have paid and checked in for two nights... therefore should at the least have 4 breakfast passes, one for each adult for each paid night! I'm not sure what their deal is, maybe they have locals trying to scam them on a regular basis at their restaurant for breakfast (it's open to the public), but like I said, do not expect the included " free breakfast" is going to be convenient to receive! The food was very sub-par anyway. I would sooner go to Dunkin Donuts to avoid the hassle they gave me at the front desk! *So make sure you get your piece of paper breakfast voucher at check in or they will question you later and probably even short-change you. Cheapo, cheapo, cheapo and uncourteous. Beside the included breakfast which was one reason we booked there in th
2 night trip Feb 23, 2014
Melanie Thurber
"no wifi or hbo"
When mentioned to staff that there was no HBO. Which is advertised and we wanted a certain show during stay...the staff rolled it off. The same with having no wifi which is advertised. When leaving I mentioned and they said sorry and checked me out. So i won't be going back. Had they offered a discount or upgrade or free breakfast ect. I would feel better. Even still I don't know many who want to stay at a place that can't keep their wifi. Oh yeah the breakfast was not good even though it offered akot. And the staff in the resteraunt too was incompitent! I did love the massage chair in Room Though
3 night trip Jan 10, 2014
"reggie"
Good place
1 night business trip Feb 6, 2014
reggie
"Sweet Getwaway"
I live in the area, but I needed a place to go for a few days to gather my thoughts and make a few life decisions. The Merry Manor Inn was perfect for me. The room was spotless and had everything I needed. Plenty of outlets for my laptop and even a USB port. The onsite restaurant had great food. The staff was friendly and helpful. I wish I had brought my bathing suit, because they have an indoor pool and hot tub! However, I did take 4 baths in my room while I was there, and the hot water never ran out (unlike at my apartment!). When my stay was up, my decisions were made, I was well-rested, and had a new peace of mind. I would absolutely recommend the Merry Manor Inn to anyone who is in need of rest from traveling, in the area to see the sites, or looking for a place to hide out from the world for a few days.
Other trip Feb 7, 2014
"A nice place to stay if you need a place to sleep"
Was a good place to stay for a weekend and not looking for more than a place to sleep and leave your bags. The room was clean and comfortable. It was exactly what we needed.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
"Nice hotel, centrally located to Portland and OOB."
We were there during a major snow storm so we appreciated the restaurant being right in the hotel so we didn't have to go outside. Later, we went into Portland and when we returned, the parking lot was cleared of snow even though there was significant accumulation.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
"Convenient hotel, close to highway"
We needed a hotel for an overnight stay while on a quick visit to the area. This was a good basic hotel. The room and bathroom were up to date and clean. Bathroom had separate sink/closet area which is convenient if you are a family. Amenities included microwave and refrigerator also convenient if traveling with family. The room included a full breakfast at an adjacent restaurant which served more the the standard pancake/pastry fare. Good hotel overall.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
Travel fan
"My 15 yr old grandson said it was the most comfort"
It was christmas eve and christmas day, my son lives right across the streeet so it was a good choice for us. One of the Best Hotels ever!!!!!!!!! We had a free breakfast in the nice resturant next to the hotel, VERY HIGH CLASS Also the heated outdoor pool was awesome.Thanks so much to the hotel for the awesome christmas stay ever!!!!!!
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
Dottie
"Convenient to family"
Hotel was nice and clean, convenient to my relatives in Cape Elizabeth. Well plowed parking lots. Comfortable and clean rooms. Very nice and courteous staff. Thank you for a nice stay!
2 night trip Dec 27, 2013
Great hotel. I booked through Expedia. I think that it should be clearer that, in doing so, you only receive 2 coupons for the breakfast. On the Expedia and Best Western websites, it says the room comes with a complimentary breakfast. In all my other experiences at hotels this means for all guests.
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
"very nice room enjoyed the massage chair"
very comfortable and clean room
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
bud
Allergy free room was exactly that. Linoleum flooring instead of carpet.
2 night trip Dec 12, 2013
Cathy
"Great location."
Stayed for an over-night business trip. Friendly staff. Hotel felt homey and comfortable. Great restaurant in the hotel. Room was clean and very comfortable. Location was just off the highway and just a few short minutes to the Portland waterfront. Would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Dec 14, 2013
Mary Ellen
Floor smelled like cigarettes and other guests were loud and partying until 2am.
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
"Exactly what I needed it to be!"
I was looking for a room for a quick business trip to the area, and the Merry Manor Inn was just the thing. I didn't end up eating the breakfast included with the room, but the room itself was clean, spacious, and very comfortable. The hotel, in addition, was close to the highway, and near a Dunkin Donuts which made picking up coffee in the morning very easy. I would definitely come back again!
Other trip Dec 3, 2013
Marsha
"relaxing"
Our first stay was very relaxing. Employees were very helpful and pleasant. We would have liked to enjoy the pool and hot tub but there was a kids sports team there. So we decided to enjoy the room for the evening. We will most definitely stay again. Kelly
Other trip Dec 3, 2013
"I'd stay again"
I'll be back
2 night trip Nov 15, 2013
nobait
"vibrating chair"
I loved that there was a vibrating chair in the room. That was awesome! Things could have been cleaned alittle better, like the remote. People working there were sooo sooo soo nice! Bed very comfy!
1 night trip Nov 2, 2013
massachusetts
"convenient stopover"
Hotel staff very accommodating for our needs
1 night trip Oct 21, 2013
Jo
"Good hotel"
This a relatively large hotel with more facilities than we anticipated. Because of our activities during our stay, we didn't get to utilize the facilities, but our room was large and comfortable, and well maintained. Easy access to I-295, 95, and Portland.
3 night trip Oct 25, 2013
"Two night stay"
We basically only slept there. Room was clean and good size. Bed comfy. It was quiet which meant a lot since we were weary travelers from trying to see so any sites. Wish you had airport shuttle. Think you should have offered a continental breakfast like you do at many other sites.
Other trip Nov 1, 2013
The Harmon's
"Great Value"
Close to Portland and highways ... just what we wanted. Affordable and clean. Heated pool and Hot tub were a treat. Very friendly and accommodating staff.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2013
"Get away"
Excellent stay. Everyone was really nice. We received a nice welcome from the moment we stepped in the door. The rooms were clean and orderly. The pool was awesome. It was great swimming outside when the weather was in the 40's (degrees) and the temperature of the pool water was 89 degrees. Wonderful and lots of fun. Thank you for a great stay.
1 night family trip Oct 26, 2013
Jacqui D
"Stop over"
Lovely clean room on the 3rd floor. Amazing massage chair in my room, flat screen TV and a king size bed. Washroom was dated but extremely clean. House keeping smiled and said hi as I passed by. The only negative was that the front desk gave terrible directions to the mall.
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
Corr
"Great Rate...Exceeded Expectations!"
If you're looking for luxury, go somewhere else. But if you're looking for cleanliness, comfort, and easy accessibility to all of what Portland has to offer, this is the place to stay. The following are in the Portland area. Breakfast: Becky's Diner. For a great variety of beers go to Gritty's - get the Maine IPA, and for that SPECIAL dinner, as in expensive, go to the Salt Water Grille. It has great food, it's on the water, and it's very close to the hotel. One hundred six dollars for two including drinks, tips, but no dessert.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
Al
"2 night stay"
Very nice especially for the price. Breakfast was not included with expedia but with other plans. Not sure if it would have cost more with breakfast. Clean and comfortable. Refrigerator and microwave is always a plus. Would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"One night stay"
All was great, except having to replace keys that didn't work.
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
"Comfortable, close to Portland"
Stayed for two nights for conference in Portland. Hotel is in South Portland, about a 10-15 minute ride from downtown. Room was clean and comfortable. Interior hallways. Enjoyed heated pool and hot tub. Breakfast buffet is typical Best Western fare. Eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, yogurt, fruit, coffee, juice. Serviceable. There's also a restaurant menu which I didn't use during my stay. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom offers one sink inside and one outside which is helpful if staying with a family. It was a lot less expensive than staying in downtown Portland. If staying on vacation, I would check parking situation in downtown Portland which could be expensive. I was able to park at conference hotel. Motel is right off 295, very easy to get to. Plenty of parking. Coffee maker, hairdryer and mini fridge in room. There's a convenient charger plug on the night table. Bath and Body Works toiletries. Wifi included. There is an small exercise room, but didn't use it while there.
Other trip Oct 24, 2013
"good access to downtown via cab"
all good
2 night business trip Oct 20, 2013
"An overnight stay"
It was ok a little difficult to find the room and a bit run down bathroom but pleasant for the price and location
1 night trip Oct 15, 2013
Carolann
"Very nice hotel-would recommend"
Newly updated room was very nice. Would have liked a continental breakfast but as I found out when I got there that it wasn't included with our room.
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
"Just lower your expectations and you'll be OK"
This is a value hotel - it is fine for a night or two. I believe the management really tries hard, and I appreciate this. The adjacent restaurant was an unexpected gem. Good beer and excellent food.
1 night trip Oct 15, 2013