All hotels in Waterford, Ireland

It was magical.
1 night romance trip Sep 29, 2015
cindy
"Not worth it!"
We stayed in the Lodges. I would not recommend. They apparently do not have maintenance to fix the problems very fast in regards to the lodges. There was mold all over the showers, the medicine cabinet was hanging off its hinges and it is a self service stay, meaning they do not leave soap or any amenities. When we asked for some they would not supply. Lady at the front was very nice but other staff seemed less than happy to be there. Lots of nice castles in Ireland, they need to up their game if they want to stay on that list.
1 night trip with friends Sep 14, 2015
Lana
We stayed in one of the lodges (townhouses) and it was really nice. Clean, spacious and enough bedrooms for the two kids. We had afternoon tea in the castle and the staff was great and we really enjoyed it. We would stay here again.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Castle lodge"
I wish I had more time at the resort. I would love to return one day and stay a week. We only stayed one night but loved the place. The lodge was great for 6 people. 3.5 baths and laundry facilities made it wonderful. Beautiful place. Friendly people.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
Lucy
"Misleading Advertisement"
It was very nice. However, I thought the ad was misleading or it was not clearly stated that the rooms I booked were NOT in the castle but instead we were in a condo near the castle. It is listed as Waterford Castle but does not clearly state that the rooms available are not in the castle. This was misleading and disappointing.
1 night family trip May 25, 2015
Judy
"Nice queite hotel in beautiful surroundings"
Excellent check in Room was quite surreal Food and drink excellent All in all first rate vacation spot
Other trip May 26, 2015
tony
Fantastic. Will be going back.
2 night romance trip Apr 20, 2015
"Beautifu l ocation and wonderful staff."
Waterford is a beautiful part of Ireland that should not be missed. Also, Dunmore East is just 8km further south. Great scenery by the shore!
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
"Recommended!"
Beautiful! Very friendly staff. A MUST stay in Waterford.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
J
"Waterford Grounds Stay"
Our condo was very roomy! The washer/dryer situation was a bit tricky and took forever. Also, we had a bit of a problem with the hot water heater running out of hot water after one 10 minute shower. Since there were 3 of us we couldn't stay in the castle, but stayed on the grounds. The afternoon tea in the castle was amazing and worth the price!
1 night trip with friends Oct 13, 2014
"Must place to stay"
I woke up at 3:30 am and there were deer outside our window. Very very peaceful.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
traci
"Enchanting Journey through Time"
We were thrilled to be staying overnight in a real castle! From the moment we drove off the ferry and onto the castle grounds, it was like a fairy tail come true. The castle was brightly lit at night providing us with great pictures. The next morning we photographed the castle again against the blue sky.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
TheShawsRus
Wish we had planed more time in this town, our big mistake is not spending more time in each town on our first visit. A must return. Bruce
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
Bruce
"Waterford castle"
Very unique place to stay. The grounds were beautiful and the staff very friendly and accommodating. Room was very clean and we'll stocked.
1 night family trip Sep 15, 2014
Thought we were staying in a castle. Apparently not.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Elegant Waterford Castle"
Very nice hotel in Waterford, easy drive from city center, ferry runs 24 hours.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Daryl
"Nice Hotel, unique experience"
We stayed in the self-service part of the hotel compound. While the room was probably a little large for us (3 in party), it was very comfortable. Would highly recommend for a larger family or group. The grounds are beautiful. You have to take the ferry to get on and off the Island but it runs frequently so this is not a problem. It would have been fun to stay at the actual castle but this is more for parties of 2. We ate in the dining room at the castle. It's a little pricey. The food was good but not exceptional. The service, however, was outstanding as was the ambiance.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
Anne
"What a let down...."
First, this was not near the castle instead it was in poorly cared for circa 1970 condo's. The shower leaked through the ceiling to the living room it was bare minimum as far as style, taste, etc...It looked like a college apartment. The castle was closed for a wedding. It was on an island so there was no place to get food, etc...Bad first night in Ireland! I would not recommend it.
2 night trip Jun 15, 2014
Becky
"Rooms need upgrading"
Some of the Furniture needs replacement. There is no air conditioning, which, if you are on the top floors, could be problematic. We spent an uncomfortable night on the third floor on a warm June night. For a hotel of that caliber and expense, there should be accommodations for warm temperatures.
1 night business trip Jun 20, 2014
Joni
"Save your money"
We were very disappointed. The staff was very unfriendly. We were told their was only golf. No seating for drinks. Not really an island. Unless you golf their is nothing to do. If the staff had cooperated maybe we could have found the clay shooting. Stay in Kilkenney.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
laurie
Overall we had a lovely stay .Stayed in the Wedgewood room. Very spacious and lovely old bathroom. Could not find any of the usual information about the hotel and facilities in the room, which is usually handy to have. Also could not get Irish TV channels- wanted to check the weather as playing golf. The food was excellent, really enjoyed the golf facilities. Shame there is not a bit more colour in the foyer and public rooms - could do with a colourful carpet or upholstery to enrich the castle. I guess NAMA will not be spending money!
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Wee bit of heaven on an island."
The Waterford Castle is fantastic and the ONLY reason to go to Waterford. The remote location truly sets it apart from anyplace. It's quiet. The food is top quality. Service impeccable. The rooms are large and comfortable. The building is a pleasant mix of old furnishing and modern. A bit expensive, but worth every penny...and more.
1 night family trip Jun 4, 2014
Bill Drake
"Fun to stay at a castle but..."
Loved our dinner and the beautiful grounds. Housekeeping did a valiant job keeping things clean but the carpet was old and stained and the drafty windows were growing mildew. In need of a bit of updating.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
DD
If you want to stay in the Castle you need to specify. We were in one of 40 very nice villas-a little disappointing since we wanted a castle stay. The villas were lovely-my only complaint is no one from the hotel oriented us to how things worked and there is no phone to call the desk with questions and problems. TV remotes did not work, Fireplace did not function and couldnt get dead bolt on back door to work. Not major issues but still....setting is beautiful but accessible only by ferry so not easy access to the city if thats what you are looking for. If you want quiet and seclusion its a beautiful place!
1 night family trip May 8, 2014
"Waterford"
Great staff. Upgraded us to a suite without request, and when they realized we needed different bed sizes, moved us to another one.
Other trip Apr 12, 2014
"Lodges"
Our lodge was not quite what we expected. It was large, with 3 bedrooms, with kitchen and laundry in the lodge. Only big issue was the back door would not lock. Only stayed one night, otherwise we would have made a bigger deal of it. Fantastic service in castle for dinner and breakfast!
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Great value and customer service.
1 night trip with friends Mar 31, 2014
"Very Disappointing reservation information"
Read info on site explaining 14 rooms in the castle. When booking we thought we were getting a room in a real castle. Arrived to find out we were down the road. Place was nice but not IN the castle. Checked in, got in the shower and COLD water. To notify the desk I would have to dress, get in the car and drive to the castle - no phone. Found out in the morning that maintenance did not turn the hot water on. No where does the site explain room difference. Not worth it!
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2014
Kathryn Pelkey
"Life on an Island"
This hotel is down the road from Waterford Castle on the Same Island. It requires a quick ferry ride the makes it extra special. The lodge is a two story, 3 bedroom, 3.5 bath home with full kitchen, washer and dryer. The warm fire place and comfy couches were perfect for watching a bit of TV after a long day of site seeing. There were deer wandering through the forest surrounding the lodges. The castle is open for breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner which requires reservation. There is a lovely library in the Castle for a pint before heading into Waterford for dinner.
2 night family trip Mar 1, 2014
Kathleen B
"A fun and romantic castle experience!"
This is definitely an old castle, so you'll need to be willing to not have as many modern amenities… But the experience was great. We stayed in the main castle. They have a fire going when you enter in the evening and get to sit around and read books and enjoy the warmth. The rooms are large. Be aware that the lodges are not part of the castle at all, and are fully modern condominiums that are a few hundred yards away. Breakfast in the morning was fantastic. I walk around the Gardens was beautiful. The location on an island makes it even more fun. Taking the ferry to get across was very simple and did not cost anything. A bit high-priced but worth the adventure and experience.
1 night romance trip Feb 19, 2014
Ben Collinwood
"Roof Repairs"
Unfortunately my reservation had to be cancelled due to roof repairs. The two people I dealt with were so great. They found me a new hotel that was equal to the castle, and made sure everything was taken care of as I was in the states and they were in Ireland at the time. When I got to the new hotel I was surprised to find a nice gift from the hotel. I hope to go back to Ireland someday, I will be sure to book time at Waterford castle. I gave them all fives because if my experience with a cancellation was so great, I can only imagine staying at the hotel is just as wonderful.
1 night trip Jan 28, 2014
Gail
"Magnificant fairytale castle."
Beautiful grounds and building. Friendly, helpful staff. Very nice room, but only a full size bed. The bath was as big a bedroom, with claw foot tub (difficult to shower in). The decor was beautiful, lovely views. The dining room was lovely with excellent food!
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
janet
"Incredibly disappointing"
We thought we were staying in a castle. We were not.. We did not. Didn't even get to tour the castle after taking a ferry ride to get there. This was the most disappointing stay of our entire trip.
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2013
Ruth
"Beautiful"
Great location and great lodge! I wish I had more time there!
1 night family trip Aug 28, 2013
"Be prepared, not disappointed."
the Castle is awesome and lodges are great for certain vacations but be prepared. Do not stay in the lodges for a romantic "castle" experience. At arrival we were impressed with the Castle and the lodges would be great for a large group like a family reunion or a large group golf weekend out but for my wife and I the 3 bedrooms and 4 baths were a bit overkill and totally not the Irish experience we were looking for. We were welcomed to the lodge with lights that didn't work, buckled floors, and overall poor upkeep; not horrible, just not what we expected for the price. We went to the guest reception and noted the wiring issues for repair then enjoyed a drink in the quaint castle bar. The next day we returned from seeing Waterford and went to reception to ask about the dress code for dinner at the hotel; upon arrival we were informed the Castle was closed for the evening and next morning for a wedding party. While i didn't want to spend a small fortune on dinner we planned to make used of the Castle we paid for. At this point i expressed my disappointment with the receptionist and the general manager promptly showed up to assist us. He informed us the Castle is under new ownership and the previous owners may have misrepresented the property in their advertising. He was excellent, offered a partial refund, and helped us find lodging in Kilkenny. The Castle has a lot to offer but make sure you are getting what you are looking for.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Ross
"A step back in time"
The good news: the atmosphere and attention to detail plus great scenic trails for walking. The bad news: I think my mattress hailed from the 1960s. Too many people had sat on the side of that bed resulting in a very lopsided pitch. Nearly fell out each time I turned over. BUT I would stay there again in a heartbeat.
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
"Wow"
If you are going to Waterford, stay at the Waterford Castle. The hotel food was amazing. The grounds are nice and there is even a nature trail that proves an easy stroll around the island. We visited the golf shop and enjoyed it even though we aren't golfers. We picked up a few things for family and continued our walk. The room was amazing with a GIANT bathroom. Personally, I do not like claw foot tubs but every once in a while it's not bad. The staff was very friendly and helpful with all of our questions. I can't wait to go back. Would be a great place for a wedding or special event!
1 night romance trip May 20, 2013
"Everyone should stay in a castle"
What a great entrance as you drive onto a small ferry for the ride across to the island that has a Castle and a golf course.... and no more. The people were wonderful, the scenery was stellar and the first was first class. What a nice way to turn off for a while. Stroll the scenic walk and enjoy the quiet time. The rooms are old, but then again it is a castle. We had dinner in the bar which was really nice and breakfast in sunroom. My wife and I really enjoyed the place.
1 night romance trip Apr 9, 2013
Brian & Heidi
"Beautiful hotel"
The hotel was absolutely beautiful. It sits on an island by itself which was beautiful scenery. It was quaint. The staff was very helpful and even comped us dinner because of a fan noise in the room. The room was clean and furnished in an old fashioned style which made it all the more incredible.
1 night romance trip Mar 19, 2013
"awesome"
Loved this night on our trip. The room island and dinner where great. Will go back on next trip.
1 night romance trip Mar 18, 2013
shawn

"Such a relaxing week end"
The hotel was lovely & staff were great. We got a Suite and it was fab. loved the big open fire in the reception area.
2 night romance trip Jan 1, 2016
Audrey
"So Disappointing..."
We booked in hotel.com the day we arrived. I was so excited to actually stay in a castle!!! Upon check in we were advised we were not staying in the castle due to a wedding booking. There was no bar no restaurant and no accommodation. Instead we were put into a modern townhouse in the premise. There was no room service no spa NOTHING. Hotels.com didn't forward our booking to them or they would have called and advised us. But the payment had been made at the time of the booking. I blame hotels.com for much of our disappointment. Even when the castle staff called to get our reservation, they could not get anything from hotels.com. I had to provide my receipt. As it turned out the townhouses were quite nice. A tad run down for the upscale Design. There was an old leak in the master bedroom ceiling and no warm water in the master bath sink. The walls were battered up and toothpaste splatter still on the walls. This whole experience leaves a poor taste in my mouth. This was to be the crescendo to our vacation and it was ruined. We chose this location as the last of our trip. We were planning dinner there and to spend the night in the pub. Instead we had no food and no drink. Had to go into town and could not even spend time taking photos as the wedding party purchased the whole property until noon the next day. That meant no breakfast either. Tourists should still be able to partake in the experience even if it is only a small portion of the venue.
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2015
Chantel
"A perfect country getaway from the city"
With its two-minute ferry ride to its own island, this beautiful castle, with its stellar restaurant and only stay and play golf course in Ireland, was a respite from our otherwise frenetic Irish holiday that took us from Dublin to Belfast to Galway to Waterford and to Dublin again. The staff were professional and kind; the restaurant provided high quality service and delectable food. It was an utter shame that we did not have more time to spend there exploring the grounds and other amenities of this hotel.
Other trip Oct 18, 2015
"very disappointed"
No castle, a bit worn out lodge instead, no dinner (except a bite at club house closing at 8pm) and no breakfast either. No apology let alone compensation offered. If Expedia refuses for the second time to list this feedback I will have to find another way - as this is factual and clearly within your guidelines.
Other trip Oct 11, 2015
Wonderful place to stay. Would book again for future trips. Loved the unique way to get to the castle, ferry to a private island
1 night romance trip Oct 1, 2015
"Idyllic castle with first class amenities"
Our stay at Waterford was outstanding - the location and grounds of the castle are beyond comparison, and the rooms are luxurious and incredibly comfortable. We arrived at Waterford after getting married in Kilkenny, and we couldn't have chosen a better place to stay. The journey there by way of the ferry that runs every 10min was part of the adventure that added to the idyllic setting of the castle, making it feel like you are living far away, back in time in a Jane Austin novel. The level of service was superb, the staff were all so friendly and helpful, and willing to go out of their way to give the best possible experience. We originally booked the lowest priced room available, but upon arrival, seeing that we had just been married, they gave us a free room upgrade. The suite we stayed in was incredible, the decor set in the period of Jane Austin made it feel like a dream, and the bed was more comfortable than home. The restaurant was excellent for dinner, and the breakfast that was included with the booking was amazing. They have a separate sitting area/bar for afternoon tea, drinks and snacks and booking an afternoon tea in advance is definitely recommended. One night was not nearly enough, so we will definitely be back. Perfect place to stay for newly weds or for a romantic getaway or anniversary, or anyone wanting to feel like they live in a fairy tale.
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
Theresa&Jordan
Arriving at the castle was awkward because the only dining available on the island required a certain dress code. Instead of a relaxing evening at a resort we had to head back into town to find a more relaxed dinner. The condo was beautiful, just far more than what we needed for a one night stay.
Other trip Sep 17, 2015
"A brake from reality"
Relaxing, comfortable, welcoming
1 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
Gerard
"Highly recommended"
Stayed overnight and had dinner - there is a really lovely ambiance and you really do feel like you are away from it all!!
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2014
"Very poor value for money"
Very disappointed. Poor value for money. Dining arrangements very restrictive. No informal dining after 7pm. Breakfast omelette overcooked each day. Resembled cheap carpet underlay! Shower positively dangerous. Actual safety hazard. Rooms spartan with bare walls. TV antiquated. Didn't even deliver channels listed in booklet. Walks around grounds not marked properly. Won't return or recommend to friends
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014