All hotels in Waterford, Ireland
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights hereThe Island, Waterford, Waterford, Ireland, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Tolles golfhotel"
Schoenes wasserhotel, etwas nervend die anfahrt mit faehre, ort eher langweilig aber es gibt ein guter italiener, fuer 2-3tage ok, dann sollte man eher golfurlauber sein, unser zimmer war leider mit aussicht auf garbage
2 night trip Apr 30, 2013
FI

TripAdvisor reviews for Waterford Castle Hotel

"Sunday Lunch. Yum....."
04/26/15 Shirley23 Waterford
Sunday lunch was a wonderful experience. I have been to the Castle on numerous occasions but never for Sunday lunch. The ambience of the Munster Room is delightful. One friend had never been to the Castle before. He LOVED it. The staff are amazing!! Fiona King take a bow. Róisín was wonderful, and as for the Dining Room Manager(who's name escapes me), you remembered me from my previous visits.. Well done.... Can't wait to meet you all again.......
"Mini Break"
04/22/15 arvagh Dublin, Ireland
Stayed with my wife in the lodges for 3 nights. Great accommodation, great food in hotel, very hospitable staff, lovely walks around island, fine golf course and if you happen to have young children lovely safe play areas. Also a great base for touring around Waterford and Wexford. Only minor qualm is that some of the lodges need a freshen up, however don't let this put you off. We will certainly be back.
"Simply Superb"
04/18/15 JourneyingJazzy Vancouver, Canada
We decided to treat ourselves with a night in the castle and I am very glad we did. The castle and grounds are stunning, the staff extraordinary, the food is superb, and the room was beautiful, spacious, and comfortable. We had a cab drop us at the ferry dock (approx 10 EUR). The ferry runs often and is a quick ride across the Suir River to the private island. We walked along the drive, enjoying the sight of deer grazing in the pasture and watching the herons fly above. Our first view of the castle was magical. We were greeted warmly, with an easy check-in. We were soon led to our Deluxe Suite, consisting of a pretty sitting room with views over the grounds and river; a beautiful and spacious bedroom; and a enormous bathroom with a gigantic claw foot tub (not kidding about the size... it was huge!). We had dinner in the Lounge. It was, without a doubt, the best meal I had on the trip. My friend enjoyed her hamburger and I had the braised beef cheeks. The full Irish breakfast in the morning is served in the sunny morning room. The service was outstanding, with every employee from Castle staff to groundskeepers offering warm and friendly greetings. Each was obviously proud to offer exemplary service and seemed to genuinely enjoy interacting with guests. We walked all around the island, enjoying the scenery and easy walking paths. There is a heron rookery along the nature path and just beyond there is a pasture where the deer gather at twilight. I highly recommend Waterford Castle for a evening of pampering but make sure you get out and walk around the grounds.
"AWESOME!!"
04/18/15 Brent M
This is an awesome place, very beautiful and peaceful, the service is fantastic, very friendly staff. Awesome grounds, went for a jog and found a few deer watching me as I ran past. The food was fantastic and a really great price, other places I stayed or went to lunch around Ireland were dearer and the quality was crap compared to Waterford Castle. I would love to have stayed another day and definitely would come back again. One thing, the beds were two put together to make one big bed witch was a bit uncomfortable but this did not subtract from the experience.
"Beautiful castle and great food"
04/17/15 cake_walk_10 Limerick, Ireland
Beautiful castle in a lovely location. The walk through the forest was lovely and we saw some wild deer grazing on the golf course. Exceptional service and possibly the best meal I've had in years in the restaurant. Good knowledge of gluten-free food too. The only down-side was the very tricky shower curtain set-up over the bathtub which clings to your wet skin. Perhaps next time I'll just take a bath.
"A little piece of heaven!"
04/13/15 travelvalIreland ireland
This is really a romantic castle on its own island. from the moment we crossed over on the ferry we knew this was going to be a magical visit. The staff were excellent, nothing was too much for them. The castle has 19 bedrooms and a wonderful bar and restaurant. There is also a fine 18 hole golf course. Relaxing in the bar in the evening with wonderful conversation from an excellent barman. The restaurant is a delight and the food excellent. This was my first visit but will not be the last. It is really a piece of heaven
"Treasure Island!"
04/11/15 Joanie R County Kildare, Ireland
If you are looking for an old romantic castle on it's very own island - this is the real deal! Close to Waterford City this beautiful hotel is a real gem. Beautifully preserved and restored. I loved the granite and diamond paned windows, the grand entrance hall with its magnificence doors and fireplace. There is nothing austere here, one can just fall into the array of lovely comfortable couches and furnishings. The loos and hand basins in the ladies restroom are a must-see!! The ferry trip runs every 15 mins and only takes about 5 to cross the river. It's a great novelty, but it would quickly lose its charm if you were in a hurry! We stayed in one of the lodges on the island which are within walking distance of the hotel. They are finished and furnished to an exceptionally high spec. 3 double bedrooms each with ensuite and a very modern kitchen and open plan living area. Beautiful walks around the island, a high quality golf course, children's playground make this a very self contained holiday paradise. It's really fabulous! .... Except for the wifi!!
"A great night on the island"
04/09/15 Attyboy Dublin, Ireland
My wife and I and our three adult daughters stayed a night in one of the lodges at Waterford Castle and enjoyed an excellent evening meal in the Castle. We also had a sunny picnic in the grounds and our little lapdog 'put up' a colourful cock pheasant just outside our lodge. The lodge itself was spotlessly clean and contemporary in style, with high ceilings, a balcony for each bedroom, massive comfy beds and a cosy gas fire. The staff in the castle were unobtrusively helpful and the dinner was first rate. My gin cured salmon was exceptional and the banana bread dessert was divine. The wines we like were well priced and overall we felt we got great value for money on a really relaxing and good humoured stay. The ferry was regular and dependable and I would be happy to recommend a stay here to anyone.
"Amazing"
04/07/15 standanfield
Pillow chocolates awaited our return from an outstanding gourmet meal in the main dining hall of the castle. The attentiveness of the staff was as you think the royalty would have it! My daughter and wife both couldn't help but smile as each moment unveiled a new surprise with each passing moment. Do yourself a favor and make this one of your stops as your travel ireland.
"Lovely lunch and lucky with the weather"
04/07/15 Uranus7 Dublin
The husband and I drove down to Waterford Castle to see what it was like in advance of our son's wedding. The weather was glorious which no doubt enhanced our visit. The ferry to the island was a novel experience. The grounds were clean and tidy, as were the reception, bar and restaurant. We had lunch in the bar. I opted for the soup of the day (wild garlic and potato - deliciously creamy) and the husband had the goat's cheese salad (highly recommended). These dishes plus a very full glass of pinot grigio and a diet Coke came to just under Eu30. The bar was comfortable and the service was friendly (one of the waitresses even brought in a sprig of wild garlic for me to see). A family of four young children came in and the staff were welcoming. I was relieved, however, when they decamped to the golf club eatery - the bar is a little formal for high-spirited children. The facilities look good and I hope that all goes well for my son and his fiancee.