All hotels in Plymouth, North Carolina, United States of America
840 Us Highway 64 W, Plymouth, NC, 27962, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

Delicious food
    Rather comfortable
    Ordinary pool
"Okay stay but!"
The hotel staff was friendly. However, the shower has very little pressure and the thermostat regulating hot water was set back so much that a hot shower was not possible. Quite a few of the breakfast items were not refilled.
1 night business trip Feb 2, 2016
"wonderful"
the staff was great, the room was clean, and spacious. the breakfast was nice. if I'm in that area I will definitely stay there again.
1 night business trip Nov 10, 2015
Gabriel
"Very Pleased"
Very clean, bed was comfortable and linens were premium. The hotel set further back off of the road so there was not any road noise or excessive traffic and drive thru activity. Breakfast was good, and well attended. Staff was friendly, hotel was quiet and made for a very pleasant stay. I would recommend it and will definitely stay there again.
2 night romance trip Nov 6, 2015
MELISSA
"Great hotel, great service"
Staff was friendly and extremely helpful when we checked in. She even gave us some suggestions for our trip. The room was clean. In the morning the breakfast was good. The cinnamon rolls were great. Staff in the morning was helpful and friendly as well. I would stay here again.
1 night romance trip Aug 29, 2015
"Holiday Inn express Plymouth nc review"
The room was great. My only complaints were that I was told I couldn't use the pool at 10:30 pm which I think is ridiculous. I just wanted to take a 10 minute swim by myself and the clerk and security guard were standing there smoking and told me the pool was closed. Also the carpet in front of the bathroom door was soaking wet otherwise the room and bed was very comfortable.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2015
The first room we were booked into smelled like mold. I turned off the A/C unit, opened the window and it went away. I called the desk, explained the problem and asked if they had a fan and was told the only fan they had was broken. They never offered to move us to another room and I wasn't sure if they were full or not. The next morning I went to the front desk and asked to be credited the second night since we could not stay in the room again. I was told that they could not credit the second night but could move us to another room, which was fine. What really upset me was that the clerk told me they should have moved us the night before because they were not full. The rest of the staff were helpful and friendly.
2 night romance trip Aug 18, 2015
"Acceptable Hotel on the way to OBX"
The hotel choices with a reasonable for a Friday night near the Outer Banks (OBX) are very limited. This hotel seems like an old truck stop that got a makeover. The common areas seem newer and are very nice. The rooms are dated but usable. Free wifi and decent breakfast was a plus.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Guy
"Nice place, great full breakfast!"
Nice place, great full breakfast!
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
Rickard
"Getaway"
My boyfriend and I booked a last minute ,one night stay...randomly, to get away from Va. Beach. We were pleased with our room (with one exception)... it was a handicapped equipped room,the bathroom seat in the shower was covered in black mold and in disrepair. We didn't need to use it , but it was unsightly to look at. The rest of the room was clean. The staff was pleasant. Breakfast was plentiful.
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
Wendi
"As I expected..."
I expected a great stay and got it. I was particularly impressed with the location and easy access.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
"Review from a satisfied customer."
Was on a three day stay. Staff were friendly and customer service was helpful and understanding Room was clean and quiet. Enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and afternoon cookies. We would recommend it to others
2 night romance trip Jun 16, 2015
We just wanted to check out the area.
2 night romance trip Jun 14, 2015
"Nice stay."
Very clean, quiet room, jacuzzi tub, good breakfast, helpful front desk. Pool not open yet, and booking agent should have told me this. Walk-ins evidently received same rate as I did using Hotels.com and were given choice of 1st floor, while I was not. Overall a decent value and we're happy with the stay.
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"I would stay here again."
We stayed for 3 nights. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean. They provided cookies down in the lobby during the afternoon. And the complimentary breakfast had scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, sweet rolls etc.
3 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
"very good ,clean,reasonable ,great staff"
enjoyed the history of the town as an added treat,quaint downtown, we were in the area for an athletic event
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
J.C.
"Clean and friendly"
The stay was nice, hotel clean, staff very friendly.
1 night business trip Nov 11, 2014
Arnya
"Plymouth NC"
The staff was very friendly and helpful during our stay! My room was clean. Dogs barking outside late into the night.
1 night business trip Nov 12, 2014
Teri
"Traveler"
Front desk person nice. Dressed very causal. Room had a musty smell. Near Bo jangles. They were Good to have breakfast out early.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Plymouth
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your valuable review. We are working on our staff appearance making it more professional. We have also implemented a few things to eliminate the musty smell. Thank you for your time! Sincerely, Holiday Inn Express and Suites
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2014
Traveler
"Clean newer hotel."
Hotel was convenient, quiet, and clean. Had a good complimentary breakfast with good choices. Only problem was AC unit had a water leak which wet carpet around unit. I reported following morning. Other than that a good comfortable hotel at a good price.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Plymouth
Dear Valued Guest, We would like to apologize for the AC issue, but would like you to know that we have since then replaced all problem systems. We are glad to hear of your otherwise positive experience! Sincerely, Holiday Inn Express and Suites
1 night trip Aug 14, 2014
Tim K.
"Close to Tidewater Research Station"
It was fine, good breakfast, pleasent staff.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Plymouth
Dear Valued Guest, We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us! Thank you for taking time to write a review. Sincerely, Holiday Inn Express and Suites
2 night business trip Aug 4, 2014
Jim Saylor
"Outer Banks"
This hotel is pretty good. It is located about an hour and a half from the outer banks. There is not much to do around the hotel, not to many restaurants or attractions. It is a great hotel over all clean room, good breakfast and great staff.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Plymouth
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your review! We were thrilled to here of your positive experience with us. Hope to see you again! Sincerely, Holiday Inn Express and Suites
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2014
"not the best"
The stay, for the most part, was nice. The negatives were: inattentive front desk personnel, and dirty common areas. The phone in our room did not work. The gal at the front desk said that all the information she had said it was working. We were also supposed to have two phones in the room. Nothing was done to rectify that issue. The gal acted like we were bothering her even though nothing else was going on.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Plymouth
Dear Valued Guest, We would like to extend our sincerest apologies concerning the out of order phones and the inattentive front desk staff. We have since then brought in a maintenance man to repair our phones, and phone lines. We have also been working with our evening front desk staff. Sincerely, Holiday Inn Express and Suites
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
Dutch
"Very nice staff at check-in."
Great staff at check-in....she was sincerely concerned about my family's comfort and tactfully addressed the situation (June 13th around 7:30pm). Constant smile, multi-tasking & answering multiple questions from a persistent person on the phone who did not book a stay. However, check-out staff at 4 am had turned off the exit door entrance motion detector and was busy watching TV. Instead of greeting, I was loudly told to stop pulling the door open when I loaded my luggage and attempted to re-enter. She was never rude and even as my kids filed out to the car she invited my kids to cereal---she just was not as friendly as the person the evening before. Plus, I am positive I was less than appreciative (not in a friendly mood) since I am over forty and do not like being yelled at from across from a lobby, even an empty one. Breakfast was at 7am and rooms with 2 beds come with doubles-- not what I had planned for. This was my fault for assuming all hotels are similar (average 50-75 nights a year in hotels--used to queens and 6am). But again, the check-in person was awesome. Since we were told about the time we adjusted our stay and left earlier. Our trip was better having arrived an hour ahead of schedule and had a great breakfast near Jeanette's Pier. Overall--good experience but need to have a few double bed rooms with Queens for us to stay again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Plymouth
Dear Valued Guest, We would like to extend our apologies concerning the negative situation you experienced. We are working with all front desk personnel to ensure that incidents like this never happen again. However, we are pleased that some of your experience was pleasant with the earlier mentioned front desk staff. Thank you for taking your time to write us a review. Sincerely, Holiday Inn Express and Suites
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
Jerry
"One night stay"
Very nice hotel. Clean and comfortable. Spacious dining area made our take out meal(easier with a 2 year old) feel like a dine in meal. We were able to check in early and enjoy the pool. Grandkids loved it. Good breakfast also. Front desk personnel were extremely helpful and congenial.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Plymouth
Dear Valued Guest, We are very thrilled to hear of your positive stay experience with us! We look forward to seeing you again, and thank you for taking the time to give us a review! Sincerely, Holiday Inn Express and Suites
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
Debbie
"on our way to the outer banks"
We enjoyed the hotel. The staff was courteous and friendly and always tried to go over and above to ensure we had what we needed. There isn't much in the surrounding area, but the hotel itself was a great stopping point for us.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Plymouth
Dear Valued Guest, We are pleased to hear of your pleasant stay with us and hope to see you again soon! Sincerely, Holiday Inn Express and Suites
2 night family trip May 24, 2014
Sue
"8 on site Tesla Supercharger stalls"
A very pleasant and comfortable place for Tesla owners to charge up for a day trip to Hatteras. The very helpful staff serves a good breakfast. Other meals in Plymouth are limited to a fairly wide selection of fast food places.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Plymouth
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you left recharged for an adventurous day. Than you for your review! Sincerely, Holiday Inn Express and Suites
Other trip May 28, 2014
scoots
Excellent stay.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Plymouth
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your review! Sincerely, Holiday Inn Express and Suites
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2014
"wrong room"
We were given the wrong room type. /we wanted to double beds and were given a king bed. One person had to sleep on the sofa.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Plymouth
Dear Valued Guest, We apologize for your negative experience with room confusion. We would like to let you know that we are under new management, and are working to improve this property and the experience had by all. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Sincerely, Holiday Inn Express and Suites
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2013
"Business Trip"
It was a very good experience overall. I would stay here again. The rooms were clean, no odors, all equipment worked. The staff was friendly. It was well worth it.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Plymouth
Dear Valued Guest, We are please to hear of your pleasant stay! Thank you for taking time to give us a review. Sincerely, Holiday Inn Express and Suites
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
Audra
A little further from the outer banks than we would have liked but the price was more reasonable. The room was well taken care of but the letdown for us was the bathroom. It was clean, but whoever painted it did a really bad and sloppy job. It needed some TLC. Otherwise the room was OK.
2 night family trip Jun 30, 2013
"Good Stop before Ferry"
We stayed here overnight before catching the SwanQuarter Ferry over to Ocracoke. It's about 45 minutes to the ferry from the hotel. Good place for an overnight. The night desk clerk was really nice and sent us to a decent place for some fried chicken! There really isn't much in the way of restaurants in the immediate area - especially if you arrive later. We did not avail ourselves of the pool, which looked nice. The breakfast was decent. All in all, like I said, a good stopover hotel!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Plymouth
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your review! We are pleased that you chose to stop with us. Thank you again! Sincerely, Holiday Inn Express and Suites Staff
1 night trip Jun 20, 2013
Rudeman
"Its under renovation"
The hotel was under renovation so the lobby and breakfast area was a mess. Interesting that they built it beside a railroad track. Train whistles each morning at 6:30 so be ready to wake up. Garish, tacky decorations in lobby. Breakfast was so terrible that after the first day we had to walk across the parking lot to Bojangles. Bagels and English muffins were so stale they broke into pieces when cut apart for the toaster. Casserole dishes were stained brown from use. Coffee terrible. Big metal box with a slit in it marked Pancakes. You pressed the button and a pancake shot out of the slit. Really?
Other trip Apr 9, 2013

"Good stop"
Everything in this hotel seemed clean, quiet, working and nice.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Plymouth
Dear Valued Guest, We are please to know that everything seemed up to par for your visit. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we're doing! Sincerely, Holiday Inn Express and Suites
1 night trip Aug 4, 2014

De passage. Pas grand chose à faire
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Business trip May 19, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Holiday Inn Express

"An excellent Stay"
01/16/16 nidhimehrotra15 Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
I stayed in this hotel for 5 months and it was a pleasure staying with them. The staff is super friendly and very supportive. The rooms are very clean and the housekeeping does a wonderful job. They clean your room every day and are very courteous. They have a super breakfast and everything is stocked pretty well. I had a wonderful time staying in Holiday Inn Express and would definitely recommend a friend.
"Best Place to Stay in Plymouth"
01/10/16 Steve K Edisto Island, South Carolina
In my opinion this is the best motel to stay at if you visit Plymouth, NC. The front desk staff person (Anderea) was friendly and checked us in quickly without a reservation. The first floor rooms have exterior doors accessible from the outside (as well as interior doors). Our room was clean, linen was plentiful and clean and the toilet and shower were clean. Good hot breakfast selection, pancake cooker but no waffle iron. Our room was a non-pet room which is a plus.
"Very nice facility, great breakfast"
12/30/15 ncskierguy NC
This appears to be a fairly new facility as everything was in excellent condition. The room was large with a sitting area including a double foldout sofa, a refrigerator and microwave. Everything was in good working order and very clean. The heat/AC worked very well and was quite. The room rate was reasonable for what we had. The hotel sits back away from the main highway, reducing the road noise. The breakfast had an excellent variety and was fresh. The staff was courteous, and at check-in, I asked for a suggestion for dinner, which was excellent. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Plymouth, which as some interesting sites, or if just passing through.
"Decent stay while on a road trip"
10/01/15 nickss1 Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Stopped at HIE Plymouth NC as part of east coast road trip. Easy to find on Highway 64. Swift check-in by friendly staff. The room was fine and clean. Good tv selection. Coffee making facilities etc. Pressure in shower was great. Super breakfast, piping hot eggs, sausage and bacon. Coffee was luke warm which was a disappointment. Overall, a great stay for a night.
"Nice Hampton"
08/07/15 Karolyn_24 O'Fallon, Missouri
The staff were great and got me checked in quickly. The room was clean and comfortable with lots of pillows. Plymouth is a rather small town, and this hotel was better than I was expecting. Aside from a drive through place across the lot, most of the food options are across town, but it's an easy area to get around.
"Friendly Staff"
07/27/15 LegionSix Branford
My family and I booked three rooms for three days here. Staff was super friendly. Hotel was clean. Breakfast was standard hotel breakfast fair.....nothing special except they had great cinnamon rolls. Staff kept everything stocked well. I would stay here again.
"Great Place in a small town"
07/21/15 Stan222 West Point, Georgia
We have stayed in the Plymouth, NC, HI Express several times over the past few years while we visit family in the area. Great friendly staff, good breakfast, clean, and dog friendly. The staff even got to know our bulldog and would keep an ear out for him if we were gone. The HI is generally quiet when we have been there, however the noise level can increase during family reunions. A call to the front desk quiets it down quickly. The only problem we have found is availability - the HI is the motel of choice in the area and fills up quickly if a local event or reunion is taking place.
"Much better than expected!"
07/14/15 roseytheriveter Richmond, VA
We stayed overnight with two of our granddaughters, on a weekend in the summer, and truly I expected it to be total bedlam. This is the cleanest, best run hotel I've stayed in thus far. The room was immaculate; we had everything we needed. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was AWESOME; french toast, sausage, fruit, yogurt, cereal, etc. Really great breakfast and the attendants were right on the spot with whatever you needed. The beds are comfy, with extra pillows. There is a coffee maker and refrigerator. I think what makes this hotel stand out is the service. The pool is small but really nice, and CLEAN. We will definitely stay again!
"Lacklustre, but adequate"
07/12/15 BlueHorizons1 Burlington, Canada
Check in was delayed while the front desk clerk finished a phone call..did not acknowledge us, but rather disappeared from the counter area, leaving us standing alone for several minutes. The room was adequate but the odor of damp, musty air was overwhelming. I have noticed this at a few other places on the coast through the years, maybe because of the humid climate and over use of air conditioning? Many other properties have not presented the same problem. Bathtub area may have been wiped down but still showed water spots and streaking (dry but just not spotlessly clean). Sofa in the room appeared to be soiled and we avoided it completely. Room was adequate size and did contain a small fridge and microwave. Just not up to the normal HIE norms.
"A bit pricy, but nice"
07/03/15 Lynden-Tom Lynden, Washington
The room was very clean and quiet which helped with a good night sleep. Its bathroom had a jacuzzi tub. Typical HIE breakfast selections (consistency is a plus). We were disappointed that the pool was not open before Memorial day and the hotel website didn't mention that. I was also disappointed that a walk-in guest that evening was offered a better room (ground floor) than I was given at the same rate I paid through Hotels.com. The rate, even through Hotels.com was among the highest we paid on a 63 day road trip.