All hotels in Morro Bay, California, United States of America
260 Morro Bay Blvd, Morro Bay, CA, 93442, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Highly Recommended- Great Stay!"
We were pleasantly surprised with both this hotel and the town of Morrow Bay. The hotel was quaint and comfortable. Our room was actually very large and had a fireplace. It's just about a block away from the pier area that had a ton of shops and restaurants. We enjoyed watching the otters and sea lions swimming in the bay as there was a beautiful sunset. I would absolutely stay here again.
1 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
Robin
"Very happy with stay"
Excellent location; only 25 minutes from Hearst Castle and very close to all the restaurants. Booked two rooms. We arrived very late, but still had a quick check-in. Rooms were very spacious and surprisingly clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very limited, but overall experience was such that we would definitely stay here again.
1 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
Rayomond
"Needs a little updating but still a good choice"
The hotel is one of the more expensive ones in Morro Bay. But the beds are not very comfortable and the pillows are harder than I like. The sofa is worn out and the cushions are flat and hard. The furnishings could use some updating if they are going to continue charging the higher rates. I like that the rooms have a fireplace and balcony. The breakfast was a mixture of hot and cold food and was good. It is quiet at night. The front desk staff is very nice and helps you immediately when there is a problem. The location is great. Close to the fun shops and the embarcadero. You can walk to pretty much everything. The spa tub was very nice and relaxing and the room was clean. There was a dvd player in the room we had and you can borrow movies at the front desk.
1 night romance trip Jun 8, 2015
"I like the hotel and would recommend it to friends"
Nice town, beautiful and friendly. If you go to Hearst Castle, this town is the place to stay.
1 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
Zhenghua
"Morrow Bay get away"
Spacious and comfortable room, we loved the balcony and enjoyed the great view! An extra bonus was the great shower and jacuzzi tub. We also enjoyed the good tasting breakfast and generous wine pouring hour!
2 night romance trip Apr 29, 2015
Shirley
"Clean and amazing breakfast"
Amazing breakfast!
1 night romance trip Apr 29, 2015
Becky
"morro bay"
nice quiet safe and clean
1 night romance trip Apr 27, 2015
Craig
"Hope you like flowers"
We had a great stay. It was just myself and my daughter. She loved the jetted tub and I loved the fireplace. I picked the hotel knowing it was a little outdated because I know my daughter would love the flower wallpaper - and she did. The breakfast had love of food choices and they even had evening wine. I would stay again.
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
GINGER
"Loved the fireplace in the room"
We have stayed here before and really enjoyed so we came back for an overnight stay and brought family w us. Room was excellent. Breakfast area a bit crammed.
1 night family trip Apr 21, 2015
Annette
"A charming motel in Morrow Bay"
This is s great hotel with non-standard appeal. The room was large and decorated with a high level of design care. What a nice stay we had
1 night romance trip Apr 21, 2015
Tryg
"cozy with history"
Great stay for the price, staff was very courteous but the hotel is a little dated.
1 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
"Great place on the coast"
Prefect little place for a romantic getaway. It was walking distance to all the bars and restaurants, and the rooftop patio had a fantastic view of the ocean and the rock. I would recommend this place to couples
2 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
Jonathan
"Ascot Hotel"
It is excellent one with the family friendly decorative style.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Ascot Suite Hotel"
It is very sweet one with very family-friendly decoration. The style is old fashion, but it is amazing. But the breakfast is little bit simple.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Very nice!"
Room was roomy compared to others I have stayed at in the area. Fireplace was a huge plus and the view was very nice!
Nicole
"Cutie close to the beach"
This is a sweet privately owned inn. It could use a bit of paint here and there, but I was more than satisfied with my stay here.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Sleepy, quaint Morro Bay with its iconic rock in the harbor is always a wonderful place to visit. The hotel is about three blocks uphill from the Embarcadero where all the shops and restaurants are so if you are in the mood for trinkets or just enjoy watching the fishing boats bobbing in the harbor on a lazy afternoon while sipping a local microbrew, this is the place to be. You can't beat the Blue Skye Cafe for its outside seating right on the water and excellent breakfasts and lunches. Go fancy at night and Windows Over Water is the place to be. Beautiful sunsets over the Pacific with the Rock in the foreground are amazing. Then you can listen to the seals bark, watch the otters play, and the pelicans swoop down for some sushi. Town rolls up early, 9 pm and the locals go home to their unlocked houses.
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
LIndsay
"We'll be back"
Loved the room and location. In walking distance to so much. Room was so comfortable, almost did not want to leave room. Staff very welcoming.
1 night romance trip Mar 9, 2015
Donald
"Ascot Hotel"
The staff were very friendly. Room was nice with an excellent view. Hotel does need to be updated though. Decor is 80's and smoke alarms were beeping constantly. Also needs a new paint job. Hot breakfast was very good. Overall we had a pleasant stay.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Bex
"Good stay"
Stay was Ok.
2 night family trip Feb 24, 2015
Sal
"Nice hotel near the beach"
Hotel had all the amenities I needed and its near everything I wanted to see and do!
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Pleasant stay"
Nice staff, good service. Room was comfortable, fireplace a nice addition, but clearly dated and, while clean, carpet was worn.
1 night trip with friends Feb 9, 2015
"Small and Quaint"
It took too long for the staff to come to the front dest. It was late 10pm, but they should have been expecting me. I rang the bell several times. Then it appeared that the front desk clerk was intoxicated. The next morning I went down for coffee and the pot was almost empty...My sleeping pill helped me to sleep
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Margaret
"Great place to stay and visit"
Lived this place. Would stay here every time...felt like home. Beautifully appointed room and quaint friendly town
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
Lorraine
The pillows were very flat, probably very old and well used. The good news is I asked Linda, the desk clerk for plumper ones and they were delivered within an half hour after I requested the. The new pillows were a big improvement.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Joey
"Nice hotel in a quiet community"
We had never been to Morro Bay and we're looking for an place to stay that wouldn't break the bank. Ascot Suites met that criteria. Our room had a fireplace and a jacuzzi and was just a short walk to the bay and great restaurants. We were treated to a wine pour in the evening and munchies. The hotel provided breakfast, which we passed on in favor of eating at a local diner, so I can't comment on the variety or quality. The hotel is done heavily in old English, which was a little too much, but the bed was comfortable and the room was clean. Great stay!
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
"STOP!"
I'm not sure you can be considered to have "luxury accommodations" as the Ascot Suites claims when you have the air conditioning run off draining into the shower. When we checked in we were pleasantly surprised that our room was available almost 2 hours before the scheduled check-in. The "pleasantries" stopped there. We get to our room that was supposed to be a 2 queen with a balcony to find one King bed and a sofa. I returned to the front desk to see about switching rooms only to be told that the room type I reseved was sold out. Not cool, after several minutes a room became available. I get to that room 2 queens, no balcony and the a/c draining foul smelling water into the shower. In the end, the Ascot Suites is the perfect example to fit the old saying..."you can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig". My advice save a few bucks stay at the cleaner friendlier Blue Sail Inn just a few blocks away, it has better ocean/bay/Rock views than Ascot, closer to the water as well.
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
"Very close to all that is happening in Moro Bay."
The only cons were: TV had to be turned on an off manually, remote would not do it; bathroom fan worn out and noisy; bed not as comfortable as the regular suite (we got the junior suite); would be nice to have bacon with the breakfast not just sausage. Other than those items, all else was excellent. Would stay there again.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Roger
"Stay Here"
We have stayed in Morro Bay for more than 20 years in the off season. Our preferences have changed over ime, but this is still the place we like to stay. If you like seafood, Morro Bay has a few good options. Casual lunch: Go to the outside deck at Dockside (ask, there are three Docksides next to each other. The outside deck has live music. Excellent. Dinner: We used to go to Windows on the Water for fish. Now try The Galley. Outstanding
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
G
"Not informed"
I love my stay,except when I got my bill I was surprised that I had a rate change on Saturday. I booked on line an it did not state the rate change. I will not be using the Hotel.com site again.
2 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
Maria
"Jewel of the Central Coast"
Everything was very nice and clean. Only issue was a very soft and lumpy mattress. Hard to get a good night's sleep.
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
"its very place for saty"
I love the room, it's so clean , the bed is so comfortable
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
kerwin
Had a pleasant experience. It was a nice location. Walking distance to shops and restaurants and to the water too.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Close to beach, VERY dated"
Nice location not far from beach, fireplace in room, could see Beach from windows.. WORST bed ever.. Mattress must be from 1970..
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"nice stop on the coast."
Ascot Suites was a pleasant stop on my trip north. I did not get a chance to sample the evening or morning complimentary meal. the room was clean, and amenities were standard. The bed was a little firm for my taste. the staff were pleasant, very forthcoming and helpful, and friendly.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"Would stay again"
Super nice staff. Basic amenities but a clean room and a nice hot breakfast.mattress was very sort and cozy. That
1 night trip Dec 5, 2014
"One night stay"
Excellent!!!
1 night romance trip Nov 23, 2014
Nathalie
I will go to this hotel with my friends again if I have time in the future!
"Weekend away from bay area"
What a hidden gem. Very happy with accommodations. Wanted to find a little town with charm and resturants. Got lucky with this town and this Hotel. Hotel was very nice, easy parking, clean and great staff. Will come back one day.
Dom
We were surprised to find the property was so nice and in such good condition. We would definitely stay at this property again should we again go to Morrow Bay.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Thought it was weird to have an interior window looking into out own bathroom, and the mattress wS a little hard for my taste, but hubby like it. Overall a pleasant place to stay.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Acess within walking to everything"
Enjoyable
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
D and S
"Ascot stay October 2014"
This is our 5th stay at this lovely hotel. We always enjoy it. The rooms are very nice and we really enjoy the evening wine pour. Very convenient to everything in Morro Bay!
4 night business trip Oct 6, 2014
Cathy
"SPECTACULAR"
Excellent as always, close to everything, just a great place to stay whether it be business or vacation
2 night business trip Oct 5, 2014
"Great inn in the heart of Morro Bay"
We had a great stay at Ascot Suites! The staff was very accommodating and friendly. We booked a king size room, which was very spacious and extremely clean.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Regina
"Nicely run hotel, but a bit cheap-feeling"
The impression I have with the Ascot is that someone built a very inexpensive hotel back in the '70s, and the current owners bought it, fixed it up, and run it very well. The staff is excellent, the rooms are clean, and they have free wifi and flat-screen TVs in the rooms. However, the decor is a bit outdated, and the fixtures (faucets and lighting) are sketchy. For example, when you run the bath faucet to get the shower going, you pull up on the lever, and half the water goes to the shower head, while the rest keeps coming out of the faucet. The lightbulbs are all horrible curly compact fluorescents, so the rooms feel kind of cold and industrial. The "rooftop garden" is dingy and looks like a prison yard with a wonderful view. Fortunately, the great staff and cleanliness of it all, despite the age, make this a pleasant place to spend a night or two.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Great find!"
Great location, comfortable room, awesome view especially from the rooftop deck. Some dated decor and fixtures but overall very good value for the money.
1 night trip Sep 25, 2014
KL
"Loud a/c"
All seemed to be fine until the room next door put their Air Conditioning on and it felt like a train was coming...
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Disappointed
Nice staff, Colleen at the desk was especially helpful.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
"Beautiful Place"
We loved it! The air conditioning didn't work when we first got there and they had a maintenance man come in and fix it pronto! Very impressed with this motel.
1 night trip with friends Sep 13, 2014