All hotels in Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here3246 Olentangy River Road, Columbus, OH, 43202, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Not quite what we expected and we won't be returning. The room was basic with two beds, but smelled musty. The chair for the desk was broken and a light was out at the bathroom sink, which didn't help the overall lack of lighting in the room. Staff was courteous and provided good directions for nearby movie theater.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
"Nice Location"
The hotel was perfect for our stay in Columbus. Our room was beautifully done, all the little extras like folding the towels into shapes...the staff is excellent. There are several places to dine all around it. We very much enjoyed our stay.
2 night business trip Jun 2, 2014
Molliejo
"No-Frills Hotel with a capital N"
Stayed one night when I came out to Columbus to pick up my son from OSU. For the price (about half of what Holiday Inn, etc. would have charged) the room was OK. Note that this is a motel, not a hotel - i suggest you ask for a room off the first floor. Rooms were clean but clearly haven't been updated in a long time. There was some wear and tear in the bathroom, etc. but nothing impacting usability. For the price this is an economical alternative to the chain hotels if you are only staying one night and/or not spending much time in the room other than for sleeping. If you plan to have a lot of downtime and spend it at the motel you will probably be disappointed. Also, note that both inns are on Olentangy River Road so make sure you know which hotel has your reservation.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
"recent stay"
The room was a nice size, very clean which was my main concern. rooms are out dated but good location, great value and service
2 night business trip May 30, 2014
larry
"Convenient and economical"
It was very convenient and close to where I needed to be and inexpensive
2 night business trip May 24, 2014
Alix
"Rock on the Range"
Housekeeping was lacking. Lobby coffee was decent. Good overall stay for the price. Parking was ok.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"A great 2 star"
Very comfortable for a night's stay. The woman at the front desk for the overnight shift checked me in and also out in the morning and was welcoming, helpful and friendly. This place is nothing fancy but was clean and comfortable.
1 night business trip May 24, 2014
"Visiting a friend who was undergoing heart surgery"
Very convenient to the Ohio State Medical Center. Very reasonable price.
Other trip May 24, 2014
"Made me want to go right back to the airport"
Terrible room. Terribly decorated. I had to carry my luggage up stairs (no elevator). The room smelled like dirty sweatsocks or a gym locker room. Bathroom smelled of mold and mildew. The shower water was either scalding or freezing--no in between. I was counting on the fridge, but it was warm.
2 night business trip May 15, 2014
"Hotel was close to stadium"
Hard to communicate with some of staff. Toilet didn't flush properly. Shower was either to hot or cold couldn't get to adjust
Other trip May 22, 2014
"It was ok"
We are still waiting to here back from the manager. We woke up to the sound of plunging in the next room, then a eruption of water. Our toliet over flowed and soaked our floor. We stopped it from spreading too much, however the carpet and our clothes were wet. Maintenance came and fixed it, however we were left without a toliet until we checked out that day.
3 night trip May 16, 2014
Tonya
"Nothing fancy"
Plain bare bones hotel. Everything was clean. Not enough parking. Mattresses need updated, really uncomfortable.
Other trip May 20, 2014
chris
"rotr"
safe location. quick drive to columbus crew stadium.
Other trip May 18, 2014
At first we were assigned to a smoking room. Stained carpet, strong smoke smell and lumpy mattress. We moved to a non smoking room that was cleaner and actually decent
2 night trip May 9, 2014
"Varsity inn North"
The only thing that I disliked about varsity inn north was that there was no continental breakfast. I booked this hotel through an outside website and when I got to the hotel the woman up front told me that booking through this common website can take up to 4 hours for our reservation to come through so my husband and I had to drive around for 4 hours then come back. Im sure this was not the hotels fault. Other than this our stay was very nice. had clean sheets and everything was very tidy. We would stay there again for the price and cleanliness!
Other trip May 8, 2014
"The definition of average"
It was okay. Beds weren't particularly comfortable, but they weren't particularly uncomfortable either. Considering the location and the price, it was basically what I expected. A great place to just crash for the night.
1 night trip Apr 29, 2014
Elliot
The TV was an old CRT model and had the really annoying option when it started of "rent a movie!" instead of the last channel it was on. The internet was not very good (I know WiFi sucks in large facilities). My room was either right near the laundry room or right under it...as my room would often "take off" several times a day when the washers were spinning. I wouldn't recommend this for extended stays, just a stop-over though, wouldn't be terrible. Also, some of the hotel staff seemed annoyed that they had to help me at several times during my stay.
5 night trip Apr 30, 2014
"No Roll Away Beds"
I was with a large group. I requested roll-away beds and was told they would be put in our rooms. We got home at midnight to find out from a new front desk employee that they had no roll away beds.
1 night trip May 2, 2014
Mrs. D
"Good Enough"
The Varsity Inn is good enough place to stay in the OSU area. It is close to everything and everything works. The bedd are comfortable.
2 night trip Apr 27, 2014
Been to better, been to much worse. Good location, close to Kroger, campus, restaurants
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
biff
"ok for the price"
its a noisy room if people are staying around you. the door wouldn't open unless you through your shoulder into it. air temp knob was broke off. tv would flicker before it would come on and had some type of stain on the front of it. should have spent the extra $ on a different hotel.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
"Not up to par"
Would never go back.............................................
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
rick
The room was clean. The only thing that I didn't like was the carpet was old.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
"Inexpensive, dated, 10+ year old TV, old bed"
Pros: -Inexpensive, 2 miles from OSU campus -Free WiFi Cons: -Ugly room inside -Big old-style TV, 10+ years old, lousy reception (static), no plugs for laptop -Uncomfortable bed (hard and semi-lumpy, could feel the springs) -Very slow Wi-Fi - stable, but very slow with a mostly empty occupancy... must be absolutely horrible with full occupancy. -Bathroom vent fan broken, they didn't fix it even after staying at the room 2 nights and reminding them multiple times -Very dated decorations Overall it was just slightly above a Motel 6 experience... I guess for the price ($70/night) I shouldn't have expected much better. Next time go with my gut and stay at Holiday Inn Express or a Courtyard.
Other trip Apr 4, 2014
"An OK Hotel"
This was my second stay at this hotel. It's an OK place to stay, especially considering the price. The TV in my room did not work properly, so they moved me to a new room. Hotel staff was very accommodating. Once I got into the new room, the TV still wasn't great...lots of static, and there was not alarm clock in the room. There were candy wrappers on the floor behind one of the night stands. Other than that, it was clean. I will most likely stay here again when attending a conference at OSU. For the price, it's an OK place to stay, and it's in a great location.
2 night business trip Mar 24, 2014
"great stay"
It all was perfect but had to leave early when a water line broke at home and had to leave at 11pm, drive 2 1/2 hours to a mess. We will stay again when in Columbus.
3 night trip Feb 27, 2014
Billie
"Not at all what I expected"
I booked three nights because it looked relatively nice... In pictures. I checked out after the first night and went somewhere else. It was not very nice at all. The heating unit was horrible and when I called the front desk the lady was rude in regards to my request for more blankets.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
chase
Hotel was very clean. Staff was very friendly. Hotel was easily accessible and in a good location.
2 night trip Feb 28, 2014
Tiffany
"Conveniently located to Center of Town"
We didn't spend much time in the hotel because of the nature of our meetings there, but enjoyed the proximity of the hotel to our meetings.
2 night trip Feb 21, 2014
Chuck Summers
"Super value!"
Varsity inn is one of the best values in Columbus. It's not an amazing place...you get what you pay for. A little small and older but always clean, comfortable bed, quiet and good service. If you just need a place to stay for a night or two, you couldn't find a better place. If you're looking for luxury, this is not it.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
Kara
"Staff was excellent"
Wasn't offered the South motel Which Was five MILES Closer to THE Hospital
Other trip Jan 30, 2014
The front desk clerk was nice and friendly, the room itself was fine, it was well heated upon arrival, i had two issues, the pavement upstairs was not shoveled, also the toilet was not cleaned it still had particles around the inside......
1 night business trip Jan 25, 2014
tony
"You get what you pay for"
What a dump! My non-smoking room was obviously smoking at one point and still reeked. Hot/cold water was reversed in both sink and tub. Beds were uncomfortable. At least there wasn't bed bugs!
1 night trip Jan 4, 2014
CM
"Close to OSU & hospitals"
Very satisfied. We came for our son's graduation from OSU and stayed for the weekend. The hotel is just down the road from the Schottenstein Center & is also very near the OSU & Riverside Hospitals. We stayed here before when our son was in the hospital last year. We also needed an accessible room for my parents. Very reasonable rates for the weekend. Room was clean with a nice comfortable king-size bed.
2 night trip Dec 14, 2013
Mrs. J
"Ehh..."
The place wasn't the nicest and Im pretty sure I overheard a violent crime...
Other trip Nov 26, 2013
R
Awful!!!!
1 night business trip Nov 15, 2013
"Love Ohio"
Horrible
2 night romance trip Oct 29, 2013
Gwendolyn Czupryn
"Place to crash after game."
After a night game at the shoe it beats driving 2 - 3 hours home.
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
"Nice hotel for the price"
We needed a room close to the University District and this one fit the bill. Clean, comfortable room at a reasonable price. Double sized beds instead of the standard queen but it wasn't an issue. Would stay here again.
Other trip Oct 23, 2013
Jen
Clean rooms, comfy beds and pillows. The only thing was you could hear everything going on outside when the TV and A/C or heat was off. Too much noise for the middle of the night.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
Boom Boom
"Not as nice as I thought it would be"
Place a little run down No breakfast Glad we didn't have to spend much time in the hotel The price should of been cheaper for what it offered
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
"Very nice, Great price"
Rooms are very clean, beds are comfortable. The staff was friendly. We will stay here again.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
"OSU trip to see specialist"
I was at OSU to see a specialist about cancer. I had 1st stopped at Varsity South. The clerk gave me detailed directions to North. Checkin was a breeze. The room was clean, a little small but we were only ther for one night so it was ok. I thought the bed was comfortable because it was firm, my did not. the room was clean and it was quiet. I also asked the clerk for directions to where I was to go and she printed out a list for me.
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
"Nice walk from OSU Stadium"
The room was fine as far as cleanliness is concerned, but the refrigerator didn't work and the lamp on the desk was missing the shade. Also, the ice machine was inconvenient to our room as we were in the second building.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
Sue
"OK hotel"
Having never experienced the Varsity Inn before, I think I may have gone in with my hopes a little higher based on the price I was paying (similar range to Holiday Inn). When I got to the room, I was definitely let down. The room, which was non-smoking, still smelled of smoke (I'm assuming that it was a smoking room at one point). it was poorly lit, worn in looking (as if it hasn't seen an update in ages), and just looked a little grimy. That being said, the bathrooms, while out of date, at least seemed clean. The internet and TV worked fine, so if you're okay with a hotel that's older and you're desperate to get a reservation somewhere, Varsity Inn would be okay. That being said, I would easily recommend staying somewhere else if it's not a home game weekend where everything is booked. I will definitely not be staying here ever again.
Other trip Sep 27, 2013
K
"Very comfortable room"
While this hotel didn't offer any food service, there were plenty of neighborhood restaurants close by. The room was nice and while the décor may have been dated the mattress was possibly the most comfortable I have slept in. Overall a nice stay and they let us park there after check out while we went to the OSU game.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2013
Jamie
"Price not worth it"
Upon arrival we waited to cheaking in for 15 minutes because there was no one there to help us. We were interrupted by phone calls thru out the night and car alarms going off in front of are room. Even had the maid walk in the day we were cheaking out two hours prior to check out thank god I had the door latched. Spend another 20 bucks and go some wher worth it.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
Tyler
"OSU visit"
Exceeded expectations for a 2 star hotel. Some people get confused when reviewing their experience and judge all hotels as if they have the same star rating and price. This is a very good 2 star hotel.
1 night business trip Sep 17, 2013
"osu camp"
Very convenient to campus and surrounding establishments. Friendly staff
1 night business trip Sep 14, 2013
"Varsity Inn North Great for Biz stay"
Varsity Inn North on Olentangy River Road is close to all Ohio State University facilities and Riverside Hospital. Easy to find just off SR 315. Plenty of restaurants and retail facilities also near motel. Older motel but well kept, clean and comfortable. Made a great place to stay for attending Nationwide Children's Hospital Championship at OSU Golf Course.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013