All hotels in Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
3246 Olentangy River RoadColumbusOH43202United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Wellness Area
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Delicious food
    Breakfast is average
    Room is not nice
"Varsity Inn OSU North"
Old beds, it was non-smoking room but you smell smoking happened before. it was ok for a night stay.
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
sanver
"Place to Stay near OSU"
Not a bad stay. We were not in the room very long, but it could have been a bit cleaner. What the room itself lacked was made up for by the staff. The folks at the front desk were very friendly and extremely helpful and helped make our visit to the area even better.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Kenneth
My wife and I stayed over night for our daughters graduation from Ohio State University. The hotel location was very convenient. Lots of restaurants around within walking distance. Romm was clean and comfortable. A bit high in price but the state fair and graduation were at the same time so the rate was probably due to those events.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
"NEVER AGAIN!"
Horrible. Stayed here to take my dog to the OSU vet clinic. Never again. Mold in shower; bathroom floor dirty; room smelled like urine and cigarette smoke. I felt like something was biting me all night, but I didn't see anything. I rarely complete these surveys, but this was so bad that I felt compelled to this time. Honestly, I should have asked for my money back. I couldn't even take a shower...no way I would with the mold
1 night business trip Aug 5, 2015
"hotel reviews"
Room a little jaded, could do with a refresh. No fridge no microwave, but knew that when we booked. Staff friendly enough. Location good for restaurants. Just as well the hotel offered little in the way of refreshments. Overall for the money, just below average.
7 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
"Close to the Ohio State Fair"
I expected a bit more from this hotel. It must have been an old Red Roof Inn or something comparable. It didn't feel extremely clean, we saw a centipede in the tub and a beetle on our floor. I should have just spent an extra 10-20 dollars and went to the Holiday Inn Express that was just across the street.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
"Hotel Close To OSU"
The Varsity North is much closer to OSU than it looks on the map. We spent time in Short North and visiting in Discovery. Rt 315, Rt 270, and RT 71 are all close to the hotel. This is a no thrills hotel experience. If you want an Olympic indoor pool and a hot buffet breakfast, you can get that experience downtown. It will also cost you 2X-3X the leads than $100 per night cost of the Varsity. We had a hot breakfast each day at a gourmet restaurant in Germantown for less than $40. So we still got great values.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Walls are discolored, bubbled in bathroom and caulking hanging from tub. Rug coloring the same as dirt hue, this gave the room a dirty feel. We had to switch rooms due to an ant infestation in lavatory. I loved the location, and the concierges were quit helpful and pleasant.
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
"Never stay here"
The floor to the room was damp along with the bed linens. The room had a musty odor probably because the air conditioner was not running prior to our visit. Although the room was described as having 2 queen beds, they were actually full size beds. The hotel in general appears to be in a state of disrepair. There were car alarms going off several times during the night which makes me wonder about the neighborhood also. I would never stay here again. The next night of our trip was spent at the Ramada North Polaris in Columbus. Same money - ten times better and only a short distance away.
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Cynthia
The hotel was a much older hotel than was expected, and its environment was a place I would not go if I were alone traveler.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
"basic basic-"
basic is what I was looking for-and thats what I got. thx
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
rocko
Only misgiving: internet was not working in my particular room, only on rooms near the lobby
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
"Killed multiple bugs, spiders, and ants in room"
Would not go back or recommend. Just not a clean hotel when you have insect problem
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
bt
best price close to OSU, serves the purpose
2 night business trip Jul 8, 2015
Pamela
"OK"
OK!
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Sandra
"One & Done"
The front desk clerk was nice, although she seemed frustrated during check-in and check-out due to other guest problems. Wireless internet was either very slow or "down" the entire time. The website doesn't mention outdoor access to rooms, something I try to stay away from for security reasons. In my opinion, the room was overpriced compared to other similar style motels.
2 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
"Ehh ok, but don't think I will stay again"
Clean, but not clean when we came to check in. We even waited 2 hrs after their posted check in time. The shower did not keep a regular temperature, it would go from comfortable to scalding to ice cold. A little pricey for what we got. Never got ashtrays in our smoking room. Apparently when you have 3 guests in your room, one towel should be plenty.
2 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
"We were there to visit the Ohio State College."
This hotel was about a mile from the college. Very convenient. We did have small fruit flies in our motel.
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
"average"
Only downfall is no refrigerator microwaves in room. room smelled like smoke and ice machine was on the other side only one in the whole hotel otherwise for the money not bad
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Todd
"Worse hotel I've ever been in!"
Well the floors needed to be shampooed bad and the sheets on the bed by the door where not in the best condition (noticed after slept in them (stained )..does not match pic on website and I will never go again.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
Ricky
The carpet was wet. The room was musty. The toilet was plugged. The phone did not work. Worst hotel room we have ever stayed in.
2 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
Anthony
"Good place to stay."
Very nice hotel and staff.
2 night trip with friends Jun 26, 2015
misty
"It was set up like a motel, not a hotel"
The room wasn't bad but could have been a bit cleaner (found a pair of underwear from a previous guest). The tv remote didn't work, but other than that and the crazy high price no complaints
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
Jake
"Funky smells, buggy light fixtures, stained carpet"
Room 206: black & red stains on carpet, dead bugs in all ceiling light fixtures,grimy tub (old bathroom fixtures) and bathroom smells of strong urine, no fridge. Suggestions: use hot water and bleach to clean bathroom floor/toilet. Front desk staff and cleaning crew are very nice. Newish televisions
3 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
The AC unit leaked water and the floor in front of the unit was soaked, our luggage and clothes got wet
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
"overnight stay"
The stay was an overnight stay. The hotel was centrally located to everything we needed to access.
1 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
Joann
"Nice hotel close to Ohio state university stadium"
Hotel staff was great. The only reason I did not give 5 of 5 is that there is always room for improvement. Stay at this hotel was excellent.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
Pam
"old, overpriced, dirty"
no other options as my son was kept in the hospital another day. Old, overpriced, dirty
1 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
jennifer
"Glad they were pet friendly."
GLAD THEY WERE PET FRIENDLY. HAD A 8AM DR APPT AT OSU. VERY CONVENIENT AND PLEASED WITH CLEANLINESS OF THE ROOM. THE CHAIR COULD BE A LITTLE MORE COMFORTABLE. MY HUSBAND LOVED THE FITNESS FACILITY, SAID THE MACHINES WERE VERY NICE.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
It was OK. Clean. Had all the necessities. Was looking for the most economical stay possible, so didn't have a lot of extras that some pricier hotels have.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Joy
"Nice AffordableHotel"
Room was newly painted, clean and comfortable with king bed and new flat screen tv. Good air conditioner. Very close to shopping and restaurants. Stayed 3 nights. Would stay there again.
3 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
"Cheap but good for price"
Bed was totally hard and uncomfortable. But what can you expect from a hotel. Not like home. Room was clean and the front desk was nice.
1 night business trip Jun 11, 2015
Shawn
"Not a good stay"
I was not impressed. I stay at a lot of hotels. It was hard to find if your not from the area. Also we had to ask for everything. No light bulbs in room when we arrived. The ice machine was by the office we were at the end of hotel. The closed pool sign was always up. We had to ask if we could swim. The gate was locked we had to ask for them to show us how to open it. Only enough coffee in the room for 2 cups total. The toilet did not flush most of the time and most of the time I was not able to connect to the internet.
2 night romance trip Jun 8, 2015
"No Frills just a room with a purpose."
I don't need but a bed a shower a TV to occupy the time with a working Heating/AC unit. The Room was just that. Also is in walking distance of Sonic and a Nice Mexican Restaraunt. And if you need clothes Kohls is right beside it. Only 1 mile from OSU Campus. And to top it off it has a small pool to take a dip in.
Other trip Jun 11, 2015
Dennisthemenace
"great location to the campus and restaurants"
We stayed at this hotel while our children attended OSU youth football camp. we chose this hotel due to the close proximity to the campus and the fields and the price of the rooms. We were not disappointed by any means, the rooms were clean and the staff very friendly. The outdoor pool was nice as half is outside and the other half covered, the kids spent hours in the pool, Nearby restaurants and grocery stores made for easy travel in times of needing things, Great place to stay will stay again, My only complaint was that I wish the beds were queen size and not doubles makes for an uncomfortable night of sleeping.
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
elizabeth
"would stay here again"
Stayed here for Rolling Stones concert at Ohio Stadium. Good location and price. Very efficient check in, and very comfortable king bed! No complaints at all
Response by Varsity Inn OSU North
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at The Varsity Inn North for the Stones concert and thank you for the great comments regarding your accommodations. I hope you had an amazing time here in Columbus and the next time you are back through the area please don't hesitate to give us a call! Thanks again! Kevin General Manager
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
"Nasty telephone. Stink bugs. Unclean bedding"
First room. I needed to call the front desk to ask a question. Picked up the phone. Something sticky, brown & nasty was on the receiver. It worried me & I didn't want to be near it so the staff switched me to a different room . That room had stink bugs and the bed sham looked like it hadn't been laundered in quite some time. I was in Columbus for the Rolling Stones concert so the other motels in the area were full. Otherwise I would have went to a different motel. I wouldn't stay at Varsity Inn again.
Other trip Jun 5, 2015
Teresa
"Varsity Inn North"
We were in town for a concert.....I realized when we booked the room, that it probably was not going to be the nicest hotel/room based on the value; however, I was disappointed in the appearance and cleanliness of the room. Carpets were stained, bedding did not appear fresh, towels were thin and dingy, lighting was dim, and the television did not have local stations. I would not recommend this hotel.
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
teresa
"Pleasant stay"
I was there for one night for a concert that was at the Ohio stadium. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful.
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
"everything just ok"
hotel was ok, good price, beds and bathroom were clean, carpet needed washed badly, the hole room was dated, but for the price ok
1 night trip May 30, 2015
ronald
"Varsity Inn North"
The hotel was o.k. but we had to lug the cooler up 2 flights of stairs because it did not have an elevator. The television would not work for us and we called the front desk. The gentleman did not want to even come and take a look at it. We finally found out that only channels 22-64 worked. There were no local channels that we could find.
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
Vicki
"Close to Riverside Hospital."
Convenient to Riverside, Union Cemetery, the campus, the highway and Upper Arlington. Restaurants and grocery nearby. Quiet room.
Other trip May 29, 2015
"close to university"
Only issue was there was no shampoo or other basics. Great location to OSU. Serves its purpose.
1 night trip May 17, 2015
"Not bad"
Need to update tvs this is being done saw them delivered... So that good need a bigger lobby and put refrigerator in the rooms...
3 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
"First time & last time!"
So, when I initially checked in, I was given a room located on the far end of the grounds; ok. Once finally got to my room, all I wanted to do was take a shower... but to my surprise there was 1 towel that may have been clean. Two smaller towels lay on the bathroom counter, clearly used! And I then looking around. I noticed brown spots splattered all over the sink, red chunks of something in the tub, and the trash was full; and does anyone know how to use a vacuum? So I immediately requested a new room! This time I received the 'accessible' room near the main office. I was satisfied and the 1st night, not bad. Although, my 2nd night there, I had noticed several big vehicles cruising by and parking a few spots down. When I was getting into bed, after 1 a.m., there were a lot of footsteps above me (a lot). Then, it got really loud. It sounded as if they were doing heavy construction/remodeling on the second floor. This continued until a little 5am. It was then at this time I was finally able to get any sleep, to the sound and rocking of washers and dryers.
Other trip May 16, 2015
Matty
"Great Value for Buck"
The hotel was very nice and cheap considering its close proximity to OSU. Not the greatest in terms of bathroom cleanliness and upkeep but considering I was there for a night, was okay with the conditions.
1 night family trip May 7, 2015
Muazzam
ok, not flashy but fairly nice motel. would stay there again if in columbus
Other trip May 11, 2015
It was a nice room for the price. Quiet place. Friendly staff. No complaints.
1 night trip May 4, 2015
"It is just ok"
It is old and dated at the Varsity Inn North. The only positive aspect is the location
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
"Decent, clean, conveniently located"
Only stayed overnight, but was a pleasant stay and conveniently located for us. Food close by, and within minutes of OSU
Other trip May 3, 2015