All hotels in Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
3246 Olentangy River Road, Columbus, OH, 43202, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Wellness
OK!
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Sandra
"One & Done"
The front desk clerk was nice, although she seemed frustrated during check-in and check-out due to other guest problems. Wireless internet was either very slow or "down" the entire time. The website doesn't mention outdoor access to rooms, something I try to stay away from for security reasons. In my opinion, the room was overpriced compared to other similar style motels.
2 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
"Ehh ok, but don't think I will stay again"
Clean, but not clean when we came to check in. We even waited 2 hrs after their posted check in time. The shower did not keep a regular temperature, it would go from comfortable to scalding to ice cold. A little pricey for what we got. Never got ashtrays in our smoking room. Apparently when you have 3 guests in your room, one towel should be plenty.
2 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
"We were there to visit the Ohio State College."
This hotel was about a mile from the college. Very convenient. We did have small fruit flies in our motel.
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
"average"
Only downfall is no refrigerator microwaves in room. room smelled like smoke and ice machine was on the other side only one in the whole hotel otherwise for the money not bad
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Todd
"Worse hotel I've ever been in!"
Well the floors needed to be shampooed bad and the sheets on the bed by the door where not in the best condition (noticed after slept in them (stained )..does not match pic on website and I will never go again.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
Ricky
The carpet was wet. The room was musty. The toilet was plugged. The phone did not work. Worst hotel room we have ever stayed in.
2 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
Anthony
"Good place to stay."
Very nice hotel and staff.
2 night trip with friends Jun 26, 2015
misty
"It was set up like a motel, not a hotel"
The room wasn't bad but could have been a bit cleaner (found a pair of underwear from a previous guest). The tv remote didn't work, but other than that and the crazy high price no complaints
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
Jake
"Funky smells, buggy light fixtures, stained carpet"
Room 206: black & red stains on carpet, dead bugs in all ceiling light fixtures,grimy tub (old bathroom fixtures) and bathroom smells of strong urine, no fridge. Suggestions: use hot water and bleach to clean bathroom floor/toilet. Front desk staff and cleaning crew are very nice. Newish televisions
3 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
The AC unit leaked water and the floor in front of the unit was soaked, our luggage and clothes got wet
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
"overnight stay"
The stay was an overnight stay. The hotel was centrally located to everything we needed to access.
1 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
Joann
"Nice hotel close to Ohio state university stadium"
Hotel staff was great. The only reason I did not give 5 of 5 is that there is always room for improvement. Stay at this hotel was excellent.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
Pam
"old, overpriced, dirty"
no other options as my son was kept in the hospital another day. Old, overpriced, dirty
1 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
jennifer
"Glad they were pet friendly."
GLAD THEY WERE PET FRIENDLY. HAD A 8AM DR APPT AT OSU. VERY CONVENIENT AND PLEASED WITH CLEANLINESS OF THE ROOM. THE CHAIR COULD BE A LITTLE MORE COMFORTABLE. MY HUSBAND LOVED THE FITNESS FACILITY, SAID THE MACHINES WERE VERY NICE.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
It was OK. Clean. Had all the necessities. Was looking for the most economical stay possible, so didn't have a lot of extras that some pricier hotels have.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Joy
"Nice AffordableHotel"
Room was newly painted, clean and comfortable with king bed and new flat screen tv. Good air conditioner. Very close to shopping and restaurants. Stayed 3 nights. Would stay there again.
3 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
"Cheap but good for price"
Bed was totally hard and uncomfortable. But what can you expect from a hotel. Not like home. Room was clean and the front desk was nice.
1 night business trip Jun 11, 2015
Shawn
"Not a good stay"
I was not impressed. I stay at a lot of hotels. It was hard to find if your not from the area. Also we had to ask for everything. No light bulbs in room when we arrived. The ice machine was by the office we were at the end of hotel. The closed pool sign was always up. We had to ask if we could swim. The gate was locked we had to ask for them to show us how to open it. Only enough coffee in the room for 2 cups total. The toilet did not flush most of the time and most of the time I was not able to connect to the internet.
2 night romance trip Jun 8, 2015
"No Frills just a room with a purpose."
I don't need but a bed a shower a TV to occupy the time with a working Heating/AC unit. The Room was just that. Also is in walking distance of Sonic and a Nice Mexican Restaraunt. And if you need clothes Kohls is right beside it. Only 1 mile from OSU Campus. And to top it off it has a small pool to take a dip in.
Other trip Jun 11, 2015
Dennisthemenace
"great location to the campus and restaurants"
We stayed at this hotel while our children attended OSU youth football camp. we chose this hotel due to the close proximity to the campus and the fields and the price of the rooms. We were not disappointed by any means, the rooms were clean and the staff very friendly. The outdoor pool was nice as half is outside and the other half covered, the kids spent hours in the pool, Nearby restaurants and grocery stores made for easy travel in times of needing things, Great place to stay will stay again, My only complaint was that I wish the beds were queen size and not doubles makes for an uncomfortable night of sleeping.
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
elizabeth
"would stay here again"
Stayed here for Rolling Stones concert at Ohio Stadium. Good location and price. Very efficient check in, and very comfortable king bed! No complaints at all
Response by Varsity Inn OSU North
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at The Varsity Inn North for the Stones concert and thank you for the great comments regarding your accommodations. I hope you had an amazing time here in Columbus and the next time you are back through the area please don't hesitate to give us a call! Thanks again! Kevin General Manager
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
"Nasty telephone. Stink bugs. Unclean bedding"
First room. I needed to call the front desk to ask a question. Picked up the phone. Something sticky, brown & nasty was on the receiver. It worried me & I didn't want to be near it so the staff switched me to a different room . That room had stink bugs and the bed sham looked like it hadn't been laundered in quite some time. I was in Columbus for the Rolling Stones concert so the other motels in the area were full. Otherwise I would have went to a different motel. I wouldn't stay at Varsity Inn again.
Other trip Jun 5, 2015
Teresa
"Varsity Inn North"
We were in town for a concert.....I realized when we booked the room, that it probably was not going to be the nicest hotel/room based on the value; however, I was disappointed in the appearance and cleanliness of the room. Carpets were stained, bedding did not appear fresh, towels were thin and dingy, lighting was dim, and the television did not have local stations. I would not recommend this hotel.
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
teresa
"Pleasant stay"
I was there for one night for a concert that was at the Ohio stadium. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful.
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
"everything just ok"
hotel was ok, good price, beds and bathroom were clean, carpet needed washed badly, the hole room was dated, but for the price ok
1 night trip May 30, 2015
ronald
"Varsity Inn North"
The hotel was o.k. but we had to lug the cooler up 2 flights of stairs because it did not have an elevator. The television would not work for us and we called the front desk. The gentleman did not want to even come and take a look at it. We finally found out that only channels 22-64 worked. There were no local channels that we could find.
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
Vicki
"Close to Riverside Hospital."
Convenient to Riverside, Union Cemetery, the campus, the highway and Upper Arlington. Restaurants and grocery nearby. Quiet room.
Other trip May 29, 2015
"close to university"
Only issue was there was no shampoo or other basics. Great location to OSU. Serves its purpose.
1 night trip May 17, 2015
"Not bad"
Need to update tvs this is being done saw them delivered... So that good need a bigger lobby and put refrigerator in the rooms...
3 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
"First time & last time!"
So, when I initially checked in, I was given a room located on the far end of the grounds; ok. Once finally got to my room, all I wanted to do was take a shower... but to my surprise there was 1 towel that may have been clean. Two smaller towels lay on the bathroom counter, clearly used! And I then looking around. I noticed brown spots splattered all over the sink, red chunks of something in the tub, and the trash was full; and does anyone know how to use a vacuum? So I immediately requested a new room! This time I received the 'accessible' room near the main office. I was satisfied and the 1st night, not bad. Although, my 2nd night there, I had noticed several big vehicles cruising by and parking a few spots down. When I was getting into bed, after 1 a.m., there were a lot of footsteps above me (a lot). Then, it got really loud. It sounded as if they were doing heavy construction/remodeling on the second floor. This continued until a little 5am. It was then at this time I was finally able to get any sleep, to the sound and rocking of washers and dryers.
Other trip May 16, 2015
Matty
"Great Value for Buck"
The hotel was very nice and cheap considering its close proximity to OSU. Not the greatest in terms of bathroom cleanliness and upkeep but considering I was there for a night, was okay with the conditions.
1 night family trip May 7, 2015
Muazzam
ok, not flashy but fairly nice motel. would stay there again if in columbus
Other trip May 11, 2015
It was a nice room for the price. Quiet place. Friendly staff. No complaints.
1 night trip May 4, 2015
"It is just ok"
It is old and dated at the Varsity Inn North. The only positive aspect is the location
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
"Decent, clean, conveniently located"
Only stayed overnight, but was a pleasant stay and conveniently located for us. Food close by, and within minutes of OSU
Other trip May 3, 2015
diana
"Value stay."
My daughter and I were visiting Ohio State University in April 2015. We stayed at the Varsity Inn North. We had an upstairs, non-smoking room. The room was fine for the price. The sink was outside the bathroom which we liked. The tiled bathroom floor was very nice. The carpet in the sleeping area had what appeared to be burns or deep black stains so that was a bit yukky. For the price though, I can't really complain. It's a motel and I would stay there again. Convenient to many places to eat, a grocery store and OSU campus. We felt safe in the area.
1 night family trip Apr 21, 2015
Suggest updating the hotel. I think that the price of the hotel is slightly overpriced when considering it's decor and lack of amenities. Staff friendly.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
"Great deal for the price"
Okay, so it doesn't have many amenities - but then, you aren't charged for them! A clean room with Wi-Fi at a good price. It's a good option if you're in town at the last minute on your own dime. :)
1 night family trip Apr 8, 2015
"Decent hotel for the price, very close to campus"
The hotel has s great location. Staff was very friendly and took care of us. The televisions were extremely outdated and in poor condition. Room was clean and easy to access.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Ben
The hotel was not busy but we were between 2 rooms in which the people made noise late into the night. Walls were paper thin. There was not much available for breakfast.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
"Good for the price and date."
Everything was ok except the carpet was terrible. The TV was snowy.
3 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
"Won't do it again"
Only smoking rooms were available so we had to accept it, but I've never been in a room that was so saturated with smoke odor. Hotel made no attempt to ventilate or deodorize the room. Everything reeked of smoke by morning; clothes, coats, luggage, us. Rooms are very dated, need major renovation. Mattresses were very worn, no support at all. Old TV with very poor picture quality. It was a very busy weekend in Columbus and this was our only port in a storm. I think I would have preferred the storm...
2 night trip with friends Mar 26, 2015
Greg
"no cups supplied"
Room is clean, but no one time cups supplied, even we went to front desk to ask for it, still dont get any.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Sunny
"Great Hotel Near Campus"
Nice place near campus. Desk staff is awesome!! Friendly and helpful.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Varsity Inn North, Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohi"
Close to the Schottenstein Arena/ Ohio State which what we wanted. Able to walk to Bob Evans & Burger King; also could walk to Kohls to shop. Other restaurants/shopping on same road. Slept good-beds were nice. Had a refrig & microwave, hairdryer, ditigal clock radio For the money it was ok. Only stayed 2 nights & was only in room to sleep. Negative---old big tv & 1/2 channels were fuzzy. Need to put in new tvs; toilet seat was loose. For us..it worked.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
Deb
Was in town for arnold classic stayed here and was not bad for the price.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"affordable and close to the Schottenstein Center"
Just an overnight stay for the state high school wrestling tournament. It's an older hotel but was very clean and rooms were updated and comfortable. Close to restaurants and OSU is a short drive away.
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
jason
"Not a good experience"
The staff were very pleasant . The hotel was close to the school, which was nice. The room itself smelled very heavily of cleaning products. There were awful stains on the floor and I was afraid to touch things. It was loud outside and the hotel and room looked very old and unkept.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Debbie
"Varsity Inn OSU North"
The room reeked of cigarette smoke, someone had used the toilet (#2) and did not flush it, plus the seat was up. The sheets had cigarette burn holes in them and there was a dog barking its head off in the adjoining room and scratching at the connecting door. There was a bag of garbage lying on the sidewalk outside the room. Very shady looking place. We booked another room and got a full refund for the room. The staff were ok and friendly just not a nice room at all.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015