All hotels in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States of America
1617 SE 17th Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33316, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Clean
    Room is all right
    Breakfast is average
  • Value for money
    Poor value for money
    Bad internet service
Commonn areas and hotel room were clean and well kept. Pool is very small, but not crowded at all, which was great. Beds are horrible. Not even a full size bed, and the mattress was really uncomfortable. But to me, worse were the staff... They will treat you accordingly to the rate you've paid on your reservation. I got a deal, which was not that much a deal paying around $$$$ for 6 nights; and when I called front desk requesting a refrigerator ( suggested by the bell man ), I was told they would check and send one to our room. Still waiting... They didn't even called us back. The next day we made a second attempt requesting the refrigerator on our way out to dinner. Same response, with that look in the eyes like "yeah you right, you're not paying full price and still making requests". The staff didn't mention or offered me the refrigerator not even under a fee. To me, it looked like they were judging us... Ahh, location is great, but neighborhood street smells.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
K
"Overpriced rip off!"
What a rip off! This hotel is not worth the $239 per night that I paid! My room was just a typical small hotel room with two queen beds. There was absolutely nothing special about it. It appears that they recently redecorated the hotel rooms. However it takes a lot more than a cheap attempt to make a hotel look modern to impress me. One of the fake wood panels on the desk in my room had fallen off and you could see where someone had tried to glue it down. My room was also very dusty. The lighting in the room is sub-par. The valet parking is $30 per night and they added a $1.80 "valet" charge in addition to the $30. Wifi internet access is $1.95 per night. I have stayed at other Renaissance Hotels and this one did not live up to my expectations. I chose this hotel because of my prior experience with this brand and also because it was convenient to the Broward Convention center where my child's gymnastics meet was held. However, I would never stay there again.
2 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
stephanie
"Nice hotel but costly."
The hotel is very nice. We stayed at club level, which has free concierge access with free snacks, yet the hotel charges 12.95 for Internet and 25 for parking which is for a hotel in this category quite unacceptable. Especially if you consider that's it's their parking garage, and guests aren't allowed in the public parking.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Dominic
"Pre cruise stay"
We stayed here for our precruise. Everyone was helpful and friendly. The hotel looked nice. It was in a very convenient location to pick up extra items for the cruise
1 night trip Mar 6, 2015
"Good location, nice staff, smelly carpets"
The hotel was in a nice location, near lots of restaurants and only a 20-minute walk from the beach. The staff was incredibly nice and very helpful. The biggest drawback was the smell of the carpet that permeated the hallway.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2015
"Guest review"
i had two rooms...everything went well hope to be back in October
1 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
"One small issue"
I enjoyed my stay. I was a little surprised that the espresso machine was out of order. Of course, things happen, but there was no communication about it being repaired, when, etc.
1 night trip Feb 19, 2015
"Where the outside of a Hotel can be Hollywood."
Having stayed at many hotels of past aside from ship terminal ensembles, I was appalled how ignored the Renaissance ignored common guest touch points with Filth. From elevator inside buttons, telephones,... that were filthy from one day to the next to solvent cleaning the filth from 'common' touch points by visitors throughout the interior. Yes, the hotel's management would argue that "we have allot of people" in and out of here, but, high traffic areas of points of contacts are just plain ignored by maintenance to solvent clean daily, and I am not a 'germ fanatic'. If the parent Marriott visited, the manager of this joint would be Fired. Board of health should pay a visit here.
1 night family trip Mar 1, 2015
Nice hotel, nice pool & bar area. Restaurant wasn't open so that was too bad. Other restaurants close by. Room was nice and very clean. Had to pay $30.00 for parking which was unfortunate but overall it was a nice stay.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"Clean and Convenient"
Off ship early and needed convenient hotel for work. Very good location. Reasonably priced (far less on a Sunday than Saturday). Had renovated guest room that was very comfortable, clean and fresh. Lighting could be improved for work purposes. Lobby and elevators tired.
1 night business trip Feb 15, 2015
Charlotte
"Poor value"
Can't believe they can't include free WiFi when I paid $250 for a mediocre room.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"Overnight stay after cruise"
Location great need the port for cruise lines. Hotel clean and rooms clean and comfortable. Wi-Fi for room good. Overall, great hotel, and well kept. local restaurants close by.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Ken
"Started out good but quickly went south"
We came in the night before our cruise departed on a Sunday. We decided to stop for dinner before we checked into the hotel and was able to easily get into our room late. We ordered a lovely room service breakfast and after an hour we started to call every 10 or so minutes until it arrived. I ordered a bottle of champagne and it arrived without an ice bucket and wasn't even iced down. We barely had time to eat before checkout and we called down for a late checkout. We were told if we weren't out by the pre-agreed time we'd be charged a crazy surcharge. Needless to say we packed quickly and hit the road.
Roxanne
"Airport friendly"
We had an early flight out and the hotel was in a great location.. It was very comfortable and clean!
1 night trip with friends Feb 5, 2015
"from SD"
convenient to Port Everglades. Don't miss lunch at Southport Raw Bar. Within walking distance of the hotel. food in the hotel good too.
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
Sheila
"restaurants within walking distance."
This was a post Caribbean cruise stay. Our stay was extended due to flight cancellations. Our stay was very pleasant. Very friendly and helpful staff. Restaurant and lounge on the premises. Many excellent restaurants and eating places (high to low costs) within walking distance. Very close to the cruise port. I will definitely stay there again.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
Curtis
"Good value, convenient location"
Just one night following a cruise. Friendly, helpful front desk personnel. Hotel exterior OK, nothing special. Rooms very nice, large, attractively and comfortably furnished. Excellent location for cruise port and airport but not really interesting neighborhood for walking. Easy to get to many chain restaurants and shopping areas. Convenient to Sun Trolley if heading out farther. Had a good and generous breakfast in the lobby cafe. Interesting menu - some surprises, good ones. Nice service.
1 night romance trip Feb 1, 2015
"room available"
Room not available at 3:15pm
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
"Would not stay again"
Room was ok, but bathroom was dirty and small. Breakfast in the restaurant was not good and was expensive.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Stayed 1 night and it met the standard"
Room was clean, bed comfortable, and staff was nice. The bar was small but nice however the drinks were very pricey. The parking was $25/day (why so much???!) and if you wanted internet it was $12.95 a night in the room (that's too much) or free in the lobby. The breakfast buffet was standard but was once again high at $18/person. So you have to be careful on the hidden costs if the room rate seems reasonable because they don't include anything else.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
OP
"Great pre cruise stay hotel"
Great location for going on a cruise from port Everglades.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"Good hotel"
Great facilities. Close to beach. Aport. Cruise terminal. Nice big rooms. Parking is expensive. No free wifi.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Andy
"Good Place To Stay Before Cruise"
The hotel was recently remodeled. The bellhop was helpful and seemed very knowledgeable of the goings on for the area. There were several places around the hotel to grab a bite to eat if you don't want to take advantage of the hotel dining. The proximity to the port was nice.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
"2 nights after cruise"
Perfect for 2 nights, by location, $10 from terminal, and $ 10 to Airport. Budget car rent is located across on the same strip, Pillows ware fiber fill, low quality, mattress had already hump. Executive buffet, on the 12 floor only for executive floors, not much choice very minimal...glass of Malbec $ 7 beer is cheaper...Air conditioning very Noisy, and you can hear people in the corridor. Anyway nobody stays inn during the day, enjoy pool, or go to the beach, but prepare to spend lot of time searching for parking, self park at hotel $ 25 per night...what else to say...would I return back, probably will try not to...no refrigerator in the room, strange,.....
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"A great hotel"
My family stayed here one night before we went on our cruise. The hotel was a real find and we will definitely stay here again when we visit south Florida. The hotel has a very warm and contemporary feel yet very affordable. We tried the breakfast buffet and it was wonderful. It had a nice selection of foods and drinks, very fresh and the service was great too. We also used the shuttle service to drop us off at the cruise port and this worked really well. There is a shopping area within walking distance from the hotel as well as it had its own parking garage. The parking was $25 per day but you get in and out privilege and most all hotels in this area charge so this didn't bother us. I would highly recommend staying here for anyone visiting Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood Florida, you won't be disappointed!
1 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
Tamara
"Nice stay if you're heading out for a cruise!"
First leg of our honeymoon. Everything went smoothly. Nice stay before heading off for a cruise. We were able to walk to get food and last minute supplies without having to travel too far. The continental breakfast was a bit busy, but they were very accommodating!
1 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
Nicholas
"no Ac"
The Air conditioning was not getting cold
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
michael
"Good stay"
Overall it was a good one night stay before a cruise Breakfast, parking (and I believe wifi) not included, which is a minus, but there are few dining options whitin walking distance Staff was mostly friendly
1 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
"Convenient location"
My room was still not cleaned by 4:30 pm.....my second day there. i had to make a special request to have it done.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"You can't go wrong, depending on the $$"
I wish they had a shuttle from the airport; the taxi was about $20. We didn't get there until late, due to an airline problem. We left early the next day to get on a cruise ship, so we didn't really sample much of the hotel's amenities. The airline lost one of our suitcases, and the staff brought it up to our room at 3 am, which we really appreciated.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
Myrna
"Very reasonable rates! Close to pier for our cruis"
Very positive Went the night before our cruise Walking distance to restaurants and stores Very reasonable rates
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
sara
"Civil Marriage"
I chose the hotel for being a 4 stars. It was for my first night after my civil marriage ceremony. I had ordered champagne and strawberry covered chocolate but nothing was there when I got to the room. The day of my arrival I confirmed everything at 10 in the morning with the hotel to make sure everything would work well as planned. It didn't. When we left for dinner we still didn't have anything in my room. When we came back from dinner the strawberries and champagne were at the room. The champagne ice was melted and at that point the strawberry chocolate was somewhat melted too. It was a fiasco for me. I was very disappointed as anyone can imagine when this happens to you and it's your first night after being married. I paid extra for the club level amenities and they were poor. The first wine glass I grabed for my wife was covered on lipstick. I do necommed to anyone and I would not go back. There are plenty of hotels in the area four stars probably with much better service.
1 night romance trip Dec 22, 2014
Americo
"Great hotel for an overnight before a cruise."
We enjoy this hotel whenever we're leaving from Port Everglades on a cruise. It's in a great spot with restaurants nearby and the hotel's bar/restaurant is always great. Wonderful service from friendly staff in the bar, at the desk and throughout the hotel. Nice pool area for relaxing. There's a handy and inexpensive van service to the ships making it easy to get to your cruise.
1 night romance trip Dec 18, 2014
"A Good Stay"
Stayed one night upon return from a cruise. Arrived in mid-morning and was given a room immediately. No extra charge for early check-in. Buffet breakfast was OK, although the scrambled eggs were the usual overcooked mess. Restaurant banquets and chairs need refurbishment. Although we did not swim, the pool area is attractive. Summary: very adequate hotel to which we would return if cruising from Ft. Lauderdale again.
1 night romance trip Dec 14, 2014
"DO NOT BOOK AT THIS HOTEL!!!"
I called early the day of our reservation to confirm and tell them that we were going to be late arrivals. When we arrived they told us that the were sold out and sent us to a different hotel. They also stated that they would refund us our money and they would pay for our room. They did not! I had to take the extra time to call Expedia and make sure that this process was taken care of. I would not recommend anyone stay at a hotel that over books at the inconveniences of they customers. They could had least gave us a courtesy call and good direction to the next hotel. We were exhausted and need to rest.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Tina
"Very comfy"
Great hotel location and a nice experience, rooms were great and staff very helpful
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
marcus
"Nice hotel close to downtown area"
Stayed here for my birthday weekend as a close option to the downtown/las olas area. During casual conversation with the person at the front desk (I believe her name was Ting), it came up that it was my birthday. A few hours later, a complimentary bottle of champagne along with a cheese platter was brought to my room without my knowledge. Very, very kind staff and a great stay overall!
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
We have stayed here a few times, and each visit has been great. We liked the recent renovations, the rooms have a more modern look and feel. The only downside to this was that you could still smell that "new paint" smell that comes with renovations. It wasn't a big deal though. Will definitely stay here again in the future.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Larvan
"Great and convienent"
Loved it!
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
NICHOLAS
"Pleasant pre-cruise stay!"
From Check in to Check out, it was a pleasant experience. We were able to book out transfer to our cruise in the lobby of the hotel. The food in the restaurant was excellent as were the drinks & the staff was helpful & attentive. Our room was clean & comfy. We even got to use all of the facilities they had available despite the fact the hotel was full.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Erica
"Very Pleasant Stay"
We enjoyed a pleasant stay. We had to ask for new towels one day, even though we had put ours in the tub as requested. We received a lovely card, cheese/fruit tray and champagne from the lady at the desk when she learned it was our anniversary - very nice!
3 night romance trip Nov 12, 2014
R.J.
"Great pre-cruise hotel"
Great location. Hotel is situated halfway between Fort Lauderdale airport and the Fort Lauderdale Cruise Terminal. Staff excellent. Accommodations very nice. Terrific seafood restaurant Bimini located right around the corner. I would rebook again.
imda
"Hotel still remodeling"
Arrived and was upgraded to the Captains Suite. The lobby area looked dead. Up to our upgraded room on the 12 th floor . The floor smelled like wet paint and plaster. Entering our room the smell continued. Looking over the room we found missing grout on the floor tiles. Broken electrical plates from overtightening. We stopped looking and went on enjoy our upgrade. No jetted tub. Maybe some coffee? No place to plug in the provided coffee maker. A desk with no power outlets near by, I guess the plan was for us to move the table to a outlet. Looked like the remodel was, paint and new furniture. During the night the comforter kept sliding off the bed. The last time around 2am we turned our lights to correct this, and low and behold Florida's famous cockrouches went scurring for cover. We packed up, checked out, and went to Dennys for a long breakfast before our flight home.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
Craig
"Pre cruise hotel"
Perfect hotel stay for pre cruise stop. Shuttle to ships very convienent
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
"an overnight stop"
strictly a place to stop on the way to the Cruise ships for a convention or show across the street.
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2014
Donald
Great place to stay and a very friendly staff. The only disappointment was the lack of work space or seating in our room.
1 night business trip Nov 2, 2014
Robert P
"Ridiculous Extra Charges"
This hotel was nice, but they charge $25 a day for parking! That is absurd and we were not made aware of that beforehand. They also charge to use their wifi. Even McDonalds has free wifi!
1 night romance trip Oct 12, 2014
ryan
"Port hotel"
My room was just renovated and it was awesome til late at night. You could hear rats gnawing on wood. Asked staff and they said other people said same thing
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Mp
"ROOM Key"
Room key would not work. Had to report it several times.
1 night romance trip Sep 27, 2014
"Cruise hotel"
Stayed one night post cruise. This hotel is about ten minutes from the cruise pier and located around a few dining choices. There is a shuttle to the airport for a 15.00 charge which i thought was reasonable. The room was awesome! Very modern, clean and well stocked with towels and toiletries. The staff was most pleasant during our brief stay. Would definitely stay here again!
1 night family trip Oct 5, 2014