All hotels in Sausalito, California, United States of America
801 Bridgeway, Sausalito, CA, 94965, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Not impressed"
Only there for 1 night. Had to go outside and up some steps with luggage to get to room from hotel lobby. Was walking distance to shops and restaurants. Had to step over dogs on hotel sidewalk restaurant to get anywhere. Would not eat at hotel restaurant for this reason. Won't pay that kind of money to eat with animals.
Response by Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa
Dear Carol, We truly regret that we were unable to meet your expectations during your recent stay at Casa Madrona Hotel and Spa. Our hotel vehicle is available for our guests to assist with their luggage transportation to the upper hillside areas, and we should have done a better job in communicating that to you. The pet friendly policies of our local restaurants is not something we would be able to control, and we do apologize if this was a negative factor while you were in Sausalito. We would love another chance to accomodate you if you find your travels coming back to the Bay area. Warmest Regards, Sietse Nabben General Manager
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2014
"Great location - book a harbor view"
We picked the hotel for it's location and paid the premium for a harbor view room after reading some comments from previous guests disappointed with the non harbor view rooms. Our room was perfect, spacious, recently updated with all the amenities and comforts you would expect from a hotel in this price range and the view over the harbor from our balcony was just spectacular. Although the hotel itself does not have a restaurant there are plenty of great restaurants within a 3 minute walk not least of which is Poggio's on the ground floor of the hotel building. Highly recommended hotel but book a harbor view room if you can !!!
Response by Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa
Dear Iain, Thank you very much for the great comments on your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your 5-star review, and we are also excited about our recently updated amenities in our hotel rooms. Thank you again, and we look forward seeing you again at Casa Madrona Hotel and Spa in the near future. Warmest Regards, Sietse Nabben General Manager
3 night romance trip Sep 16, 2014
Iain
"Great Get Away"
Excellent location within walking distance to restaurants, shops, ferry and water. Room was very comfortable, lots of room, great bed and great shower.
"Great boutique hotel"
Perfect location in the heart of Sausalito. Helpful staff, comfortable bed and restaurant Poggio was great!
birthday girl
"Sausalito Stay"
The staff at Casa Madrona were ready to help with the smallest details and attentive without being intrusive. The accommodations were nice and the location great. I appreciated that the hotel was quiet. Enjoyed two restful nights and the sights of Sausalito.
"Beautiful View"
We enjoyed our stay for two nights, during the week. The location near the SF ferry, shops and restaurants is very convenient. Our room was very dark due to the fact it only had one window, about 2 1/2" x 4", looking out on the floor of a patio. We had asked for a an possible upgrade in view when checking in, the hotel wasn't anywhere near full. The rooms are very nice. Very expensive.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
Jobirdy
"Great local in Sausalito"
Perfect location for Sausalito, right in the middle of everything, easy to get to the pier to take the ferry. Rooms were updated but seemed a little bit older in comparison to other places we have stayed in Sausalito.
Response by Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa
Dear Luis, We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us last month, but do regret we might have missed a detail during your stay. We truly appreciate that you choose Casa Madrona as your destination for your getaway, and do hope that we have another chance in welcoming you for another experience. Warmest Regards, Sietse Nabben General Manager
2 night trip Sep 9, 2014
"Not typical"
Very nice to have a hotel and room that match what's written. Rooms with balconies overlooking the harbor are more expensive but worth every penny. Easy walk to all Sausalito points. Staff very friendly.
Response by Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa
Dear Randy, Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review here on Expedia. We are glad to see that our online promises are indeed come to life during your stay with us. We look forward seeing you at Casa Madrona Hotel and Spa again when your travels bring you back to the Bay area. Warmest Regards, Sietse Nabben General Manager
1 night romance trip Sep 10, 2014
Randy
"Best Staycation Ever!"
My husband and I enjoyed our 25th anniversary here while enjoying the Saulsalito Art Festival. We had a very nice experience. The hotel staff were very attentive and the room was outstanding. We will be back soon.
2 night romance trip Aug 30, 2014
Mary Scheffler
"Responsiveness"
The staff was great to work with and I asked for a lot. The GM was great and the front desk was terrific. I didn't have an ATM card and one of the senior staff gave me $20 to get by until I could find a solution (which I did). I stayed there because of their use of drone technology -- just to see how it was actually applied and they were very helpful.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Don
It was honestly less than I expected for the price. Hotel staff is great, but rooms were just so, so and our air conditioner kept making a horrible racket. The maintenance man came, unplugged it, and re-plugged it. And Voila! it worked for about ten minutes after he left. This happened twice...But it was close to everything, and the restaurant downstairs was great.
4 night business trip Aug 13, 2014
"Beautiful Hotel"
I was very impressed with the hotel and the staff room was very spacious. Loved the large bath tub overall I really enjoyed my stay at Casa Madrona I will be bringing my girlfriends with me on my next visit. Very happy with this hotel.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
soli
Beautiful view, great facility, and courteous staff. Mattress wasn't very comfortable though.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Jonas
"Nice View of a Bus Wash"
We spent a week in San Francisco and thought a day out in Sausalito would be a nice retreat. What better place to stay than the historical Casa Madrona - so we thought. Check in was perfect - Melissa was able to accommodate an early check in with our same reserved room. We had a balcony and I couldn't help but notice an odd piece of machinery in the parking lot across the street. I thought maybe it had something to do with the boats and bay. (We are from Dallas - so it's not every day we stay near a body of water) We spent the day in Muir Woods, had a lovely dinner bayside, and enjoyed the evening. Then came the evening. That odd piece of machinery turned out to be a public transportation bus wash. Started at about 4:30 am large busses lined up - revving their engines to move their busses through the wash. The sound filled our room until sunrise. This is not something I'd expect from a hotel we paid well over $400 per night for. As the view to the left was nice - it was erased by something you'd see as a bus depot. Had I have known we would have stayed further north. Will never stay here again - please beware.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2014
Chelsea
"Not Worth the Price Paid"
pricey, not many shops open after 7pm. Hotel elevator is too old. Room smelly.
Response by Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa
We are sorry to hear that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. But I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We have taken to heart your comments about your room and the elevator, and have already spoken with our Housekeeping and Engineering teams. We are always grateful when guests bring areas of improvement to our attention, as we hold ourselves and our rooms to the highest standards. Should you find yourself in the Sausalito/Bay Area again, we hope you will allow us the chance to show you the timeless sophistication and Victorian charm which makes The Casa Madrona unique. Warm Regards, Sietse Nabben General Manager
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2014
"Great weekend getaway for Mom and Dad"
This is a tourist destination but also a community with tranquil atmosphere. Mornings are peaceful and great for a walk to breakfast at Cabo. Tourists fill the day but disappear by 7pm. The town closes down around the same time making for a calm stroll and cocktails. We were amazed by the quietness and views from the roof deck.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Parents
Great to be located out of the city, but yet close to everything
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Centrally located"
I stayed in Casa Madrona with my adult daughter. We had a great time. Our room was very comfortable and the staff very accommodating.
4 night trip May 21, 2014
Tanya C.
Very nice hotel if you want to be in the middle of Sausalito. A bit pricey, but worthy. Management was very friendly and helpful with suggested food & beverage alternatives.
1 night family trip Apr 17, 2014
"Winner Hotel - Superb Location"
We stayed on the "hill-side, room 302. Beautiful views of the bay and the city. Staff was very accomodating - we plan to stay at Casa again.
1 night trip Mar 23, 2014
"Beautiful Hotel and Perfect Sausalito Location"
Wonderful Stay! Hotel staff extremely accommodating. Wonderful Customer Service.
2 night business trip Mar 24, 2014
Danielle
"Boutique Hotel in Downtown Portland"
Overall, really enjoyed the experience. They have great artwork and furniture positioned throughout the property with Zen-like outside garden setting. My only minor issue we encountered was the odd, musty smell on the 2nd floor. This is an older property that has been completely renovated and offers a great overall experience.
1 night trip Mar 16, 2014
Dennis
"Gorgeous!"
Got the harbor view room- georgeous view with cute balcony. Very accomodating with rollaway bed options for kids if u have them. All around, a sweet stay!
1 night trip Mar 14, 2014
Our room had a lovely small courtyard patio with a view of the Bay - we did not expect the view - room was at end of floor. Bed was extremely comfortable. Staff was helfpul.
1 night romance trip Mar 8, 2014
"Good Stay"
Great little balcony with a view and the room, though be it a little small, had everything (modern side). The hotel has 2 sides, modern and Victorian, and we have stayed in both. They each have their own charm, and we would recommend both.
1 night trip Mar 7, 2014
"Nicely done"
Started in room 451 - definitely don't stay in that room! Besides that any other hotel room we saw was great. Staff was absolutely great. Location perfect. Bar and restaurant totally excellent! We shall be back, just not into room 451. . .
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014
"Cable didn't work fire place either staff was adv"
Was hoping for a discount cable didn't work? But everything else was very nice
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
We love the coa
"Fun Getaway"
Casa Madrona was great. Super comfortable bed, a wall of windows looking out over the bay. A simple, modern design, close to the heart of Sausalito. I live only an hour away, and just decided to stay up north. It was exactly what i needed. A hop skip and jump from the San Francisco hotspots, and a nice calm. If you stay here, eat at the Trident...it's always good.
1 night trip Jan 18, 2014
heather
"Old hotel needs renovating and new management"
First of all we placed our reservation with Expedia early morning and by the time we got there at 3:15 they still didn't have our reservation in their system and had to call to have someone 'input' it. Next they didn't have any rooms "released" due to a laundry issue. So we were told to come back later. Once we got the room we were coming off elevator and heard cleaning staff yelling into a mobile phone apparently to front desk, as it turns out the room we were given was the handicap room. There were no refreshments in the refrigerator but a sign to tell you how much they were and what was offered but not there. Later that evening the tubs faucets were loose and came undone, then in the morning the toilet stopped working. Called front desk and they advised they didn't have any one from engineering for another hour and we could use the bathroom on another floor!! Finally it got fixed and we came back to the room after morning walk and use the bathroom before we were packing up and it broke again!! Pillows were like rocks and so was the bed. The view we were suppose to have was blocked by a huge tree! So had an obstructed bay view on side of patio. All in all it was NOT worth the money they charged and the front desk personnel aren't managed at all ... Will not be going back and will be telling friends of the bad experience!!
Response by Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa
Dear Mari, I understand that your experience from last year was not up to standards, and for that I truly apologize. We have since made great strides in both our product upgrades as well as our guest service standards. We would love to have another chance to prove to you that we can do much better these days than the experience you had previously. Do look us up next time you find your travel plans bringing you back to our beautiful area. Warmest Regards Sietse Nabben General Manager
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
Mari
"Well... Not the greatest stay"
So, for a 4.5 Star Hotel, Where you pay a premium for everything, I expect to have everything "Standard" available to me to an average hotel stay. I chose this place over The Four Seasons, as I'd prefer to stay in Sausalito, and drive in to SF, for the scenery, and lack of "Street craziness". The staff were great, Valet was Quick (At an additional premium rate), but something simple, like vendor machines, or some snacks available at 11pm. The front desk host had to rummage around the back office, to find a bag of cookies, and an Orange juice, as the ONLY option (At a premium rate) - (She felt bad, and comp'd the cookies) - I really just wanted a soda, some chocolate, and some chips or something. Nevertheless, not the end of the world.. till I tried to sleep... there was a High pitched Mechanical Squeel, all night, and the washroom was literally 60 degrees, when I jacked the heat up to 80 in the room to try to make it comfortable enough to have a shower. Day 2, I asked to Switch rooms, with a more climate controlled environment, and no mechanical noise, but they informed me that, they couldn't switch rooms with me, to something in the building, because of the "Style" of room I had. I asked if they could "Comp the upgrade" to make up for my miserable night before, but they didn't have the authority, and there was no manager on site, only a business card which went straight to voicemail. This for me is a 3 Star Hotel, with a 4.5 Start Staff and Spa.
2 night business trip Dec 14, 2013
David K
"A Birthday Stay"
Staff was knowledgeable and very accommodating. Thanks Ricky!
1 night trip Dec 15, 2013
Alan Neal
"Boat Parade visit!"
What a wonderful experience. From the moment we arrived. The staff was wonderful. We arrived early and checked us in and gave us tips for dinning and views of the parade.
Other trip Dec 18, 2013
Seems like advertisement is misleading just a little. Says view of Richardson Bay and an island. Yes, indeed.... for sure it should say "partial", because you have to come to small triangle window and look through a tree branches. I was not pleased at all.
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
Vlastimil
"Romantic Weekend Away"
We were on the fourth floor. Our room faced the courtyard and we felt very safe. The room had two levels. A kind of office/sitting room on the lower level and a very romantic loft area with a shower large enough for two on the upper level.
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
Jackie
"Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa"
Stay away from the fourth floor in the courtyard. They have a parking structure on the roof and at 6 am we were woken up by all the noise. I complained to the front desk and all was told was "we know"
Other trip Nov 16, 2013
"Will definitely be back"
Staff was amazing. Great location.
2 night trip Nov 9, 2013
AMAZING Property!!! The rooms were beautiful, the view was stunning and the staff were so accommodating! Great experience!
1 night trip Oct 28, 2013
It was a wonderful location, staff was courteous and room was clean and attractively furnished. One problem; something (like a fan) made a "droning" noise all night. We turned off the heating/cooling unit but it persisted. Not as noticeable during the day, but I had trouble going to sleep. Not sure if there was some kind of unit on the roof above the room or what, but it was annoying.
1 night trip Oct 13, 2013
Margaret
"Great location in Sausalito"
For a spa property, your workout facilities were underwhelming.
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
"Wonderful hotel!"
Would definitely stay here again! Great location. Beautiful views!
Other trip Oct 2, 2013
"Perfect Sausalito experience!"
The hotel is on the main street of Sausalito, but once inside the hotel, and particularly from any of the decks at the hotel, all I was aware of was the feeling of serenity and relaxation, and the beautiful view of the SF Bay. You could live at this hotel. The room was large, clean, and nicely furnished with a sofabed, a chaise longue, and a king-size bed. The bathroom had an oversized tub and a large, glass-walled stall shower. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, both at the front desk and at the valet stand. I arrived before check-in time and the room was available. There was no extra charge for a one-hour late check-out. The valet parking is for overnight and well into the next day (so you can leave your car at the hotel while you sightsee or shop in Sauasalito). The robes provided in the room were so nice that I bought one to take home--very soft and luxurious). I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
Diana
"Mom's 92 nd Birthday"
WE truely enjoyed our stay and plan to return some day. The place was very clean and well appointed. Wendy checked us in and she was superb. She made sure our mom had a good room for her limited mobility. We had two rooms and were very happy. The restaurant was excellent as well. They rolled out the carpet when they found out mom was celebrating her 92nd birthday.The food was excellent as well.
2 night trip Sep 4, 2013
I really enjoyed the hotel and would not hesitate to stay there again.
1 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2013
"a Gem"
Was great. The only draw back was parking was valet only unless you wanted to go to public lots that were just as much per day.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2013
"Best location"
Poggio restaurant was fantastic great bartender Tony!
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
"Beautiful View , relaxing environment"
Large room with view. Quiet at night. Very attentive staff bent over backwards to do the right thing.
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
susan
"A delightful two days in Sausalito"
We had a relaxing stay. Staff were polite and helpful. Cost of the room was a bit steep, but seemed to be in line with other properties of the same quality and nearby location.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
J&C
"The Perfect Locations For our 25th Anniversary!"
The Hotel was wonderful. The staff was very accommodating in every way! I recommend NOT using the Restaurant connected to the hotel for Room Service. We arrived @ the hotel ready for food but not wanting to go any where. The desk clerk recommended the restaurant, we ordered 2 meals, 2 salads (only received 1), 2 Ice Tea's & 2 waters (we were brought a bottle of water) . When our order arrived, the bill was over $200.00 just the delivery was $25.00! Needless to say, that was our only negative from the whole trip. We will definitely come back to Sausalito & will stay @ The Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa!
4 night romance trip Aug 4, 2013
"Casa medrona"
Enjoyed our stay at Casa medrona, The hotel had lots of character, loved the patio room, great location, Would have love to stay longer...
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Great spot in Sausilito"
Loved the location, friendly staff and modern room. Great place to stay!
Other trip Aug 1, 2013