All hotels in Powell, Tennessee, United States of America
323 E Emory Road, Powell, TN, 37849, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

2.9
    2.8
    2.6
"A good place for the price"
I was pleased with this room. In this price range ($57/nite + tax), that is not always the case. It had a king sized bed plus a hide-a-bed couch and 2 wing back chairs. The only thing it lacked was a small refrigerator and/or microwave. The location was close to the interstate but far enough away that I heard no traffic noise. I would stay there again.
1 night trip Apr 1, 2013
"Great for the Cost"
I stayed here for a conference close by. The location was great- lots of restaurants to choose from and a massive Ingles accross the street. The room itself was maybe a little below what I am used to in quality. The sheets had some stains but appeared to be clean. The carpet was old but clean. For the price, if you just need a place to crash for the evening, it was perfect. The woman at the desk was very friendly.
1 night business trip Mar 22, 2013
"Fit the need."
This hotel was what I expected for the price. I stayed for one night while traveling through the area and it was sufficient. Room was clean. Bed and pillow were ok. Front desk was helpful and courteous It could use some updates, but for a safe and clean place to stay it was fine.
Other trip Mar 18, 2013
"Exceptional Choice to Stay When U Visit Knoxville!"
The few minor issues I had were handled promptly, once checkin was set up correctly. It took a while to get my stay credited to my Wyndham Rewards Account. Pet Friendly was great, as well as the staff.
1 night business trip Mar 6, 2013
"Stay for the Alabama Tennessee football game"
It was an ok place to stay. The bed was a little firm for me. I sleep on my side and I kept waking up in the morning with a sore shoulder and neck. Room was basically clean but the sink area was nasty. There was a gooey film on the top of the hair dryer that was disgusting. The wall by the sink was nasty as well. The AC unit was very noisy. Called office to see if we could get another room. He told us that all rooms are the same way. My girlfriend noticed the cleaning lady throws the comforter in the middle of the floor when changing sheets. They didn't supply us with enough soap for the weekend. Probably won't stay at this particular Super 8 again, unless absolutely a last resort.
2 night trip Oct 19, 2012
Jim D.
"Hotel okay when nothing else is left in the area"
We usually stay at another hotel chain, but we had no choice this time. With a big UT game going on in town, only two rooms in the area were left. Our room was clean but very sparsely furnished, and there was some kind of loud, undetermined noise in the bathroom. We never did find out where it was coming from. Thankfully it wasn't enough to keep us awake, but it was loud in the bathroom. We wouldn't stay here again unless it's the only one available again. Thankfully it was in close proximity to where we needed to be, so that was good.
1 night trip Oct 20, 2012
"Ok, not great"
My 2 biggest complaints were that the beds were very hard, and our door was difficult to close completely and lock. The maid actually left it unlocked. The front desk barely acknowledged our notification about the lock.
2 night trip Oct 19, 2012
Jennie
"Avarage motel"
showing wear and tear with age but I see people working on repairs everyday.. so they are makeing an effort. I had no problem whis this room for the cost.
Other trip Oct 3, 2012
"poor customer service"
The hotel itself was fine. We only needed to stay over one night so it served the purpose. It was the front desk clerk that was horrible. Maybe that is just the way he talks on a regular basis but I felt that he was extremely rude. He made no attempt what so ever to provide a friendly atmosphere.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2012
"Okay for a quick weekend for gameday!"
hotel was clean and close to everything. My only problem was we paid for a room with a jetted tub, and we were not given one. Overall not bad for a qucik weekend for gameday!
2 night trip Sep 14, 2012
GameDay
"great"
this was a pleasant surprise, nice clean room, good coffee, would definitely stay there again
Other trip Sep 3, 2012

"It is good for one night but I do not recommend it"
Water preesure was not good, furniture torn and dirty. Some staff were helpful. Had to go to front to request housekeeping service, overall it was dirty.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Treese
"Not a great stay."
Bugs in the room which I hear is common for the area. Staff was to come in a clean up what bugs they could get. never did. faulty smoke detector. went off in middle of night. staff just said to remove it. wouldn't replace battery. room was very old and dirty.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
"It was OK!"
Clean, average service, good location.
1 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
JSP
"You get what you pay for"
This is a cheap hotel. Don't expect anything more.
1 night trip Nov 8, 2013
Shawn
"Clean and Comfortable"
Our room was clean and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable. For the price we paid, we were very pleased. Breakfast was limited to waffles and donuts. Had to pay for the newspaper.
1 night trip Apr 6, 2013

Not too "fresh", service does not speak English. Reasonable price!
4 night business trip Nov 9, 2012
John Duclos

TripAdvisor reviews for Super 8 Knoxville North/Powell

"Unexpected surprise"
08/28/15 yahtzee--2 Macon, Georgia
The room were very clean and decorated very nice the murals behind beds were beautiful , bed spreads gorgeous To tell you the truth I am a chateau élan person but they are running clause second.
"Okay. Not what I expected for the price"
08/03/15 Michael M Athens
I was very shocked. My husband and I have stated several super eights and have been nothing but pleased. However with this super eight they were under renovation and they must've given us the oldest room they had ever had. Nothing was knew everything was moldy and musty smelling a ha I was very shocked. My husband and I have stated several super eights and have been nothing but pleased. However with this super eight they were under renovation and they must've given us the oldest room they had ever had. Nothing was knew everything was moldy and musty smelling, I ended up having to spray some perfume on the sheets due to the smell. I was very unsatisfied at the price we paid for what we actually received coming from a super 8 hotel.
"Not happy!!"
07/29/15 788janellel Missoula, Montana
They were un welcoming. They were racist. The room had new beds and furniture. The front staff kept barking at me and giving me evil stares. I didn't even want to go get breakfast in fear of the uncomfortable feeling. The air conditioning unit was leaking on the floor I told maintenance about it and nothing was done they just said it was outdated. We called ahead of time to get a price and when my husband and I got there they charged us 120 more than what they told us originally.
"trip with old ladies and hubby (80 and 83 year olds)"
07/23/15 N7251GFkareng Watertown, Wisconsin
hotel was in process of being re-done. We had new beds slept great!! nice decore- great service. clean easy in and out
"Review of Knoxville stay"
07/17/15 James D New Orleans, Louisiana
Nice big room with comfortable King sized bed. Had a good rest. Pool looked nice - but I had no time to try it.
"Not worth the price"
07/01/15 Heather D Lancaster, South Carolina
If you are only needing a bed overnight and don't care about how clean it is, then this is the place for you however the price is not worth it. I made my reservation over the phone the same day I was to stay and told the person on the phone that I would have 2 dogs with me. When I went to check in, there was no mention of the dogs on my reservation and I was moved to another room to accommodate them. (I have to wonder if the room was I going to get before they found out about the dogs was nicer or not!) The room was clearly marked as non-smoking yet there were cigarette burns on the bed spread and an ash tray in the room. The room was dirty to the point my dogs were picking up all kinds of things off the floor! The bed was very uncomfortable and the over all feel of the room was just gross. If I needed to stay longer I would have demanded another room or my money back but as it was, we just needed to sleep so we could continue on our trip. I was never told about or offered the breakfast but the staff was very nice.
"Clean and cheap "
06/15/15 Truckerswife18
We stopped here by chance last night Stated they had large parking area for truck an trailers / large vehicle Well that large parking area was closed off. But the place was fairly empty so we were able to park in their lot ... Enough room for tow 18 wheelers but if busy no way Front desk was very nice Rooms were very clean. Beds comfortable. Except pillows were flat Plush fluffy towels Bathroom clean AC worked good. Good tv channel selection but tv is old box style. Not flat screen Something was wrong with the faucet in the sink. Couldn't get it to turn to cold water ? Fridge and coffee maker blow dryer. But no microwave Really nice out door pool area. Very clean well kept an lots of lounge chairs and tables Nice little pic nic table area All in all a nice place to lay your head cheap $59 They do accept pets at a $10 per pet fee If in the area again we would stay but only if it were early and not a weekend to be sure we could get the truck and trailer in
"Tear it Down"
06/09/15 Gregory T Fort Jennings
The room stunk of cigarettes, suppose to be non smoking. Bathroom light did not work till we was ready to leave the next morning. The electrical outlets were coming out of the wall. Overall their was no use talking to the management because they was outside smoking when I checked out the free breakfast, I seen a lot better, they was still outside smoking when I left an hour later. From what I could see it would be cheaper to tear it down that to remodel it.
"arriving late at night"
05/26/15 313garyv Pleasant Hill, Iowa
We called Joe mid-afternoon to let him know we would arrive sometime near midnight (wanted to make sure he didn't think we "bailed" on him ). We got checked in nicely when we finally got there. Clean and comfortable...
"nice place"
05/25/15 linda h Grand Bay, Alabama
This is a nice hotel. It was clean and did not smell bad. It is under remodeling but is was not noisy. The pool was nice and clean. On our trip this was the best hotel we stayed in. The front desk people were great also.