All hotels in Madrid, Spain
You can collect® Rewards nights here
Calle de Velazquez, 33, Madrid, Madrid, 28001, Spain, ‏‎800-491-6126

The following reviews were posted by guests from other countries:

Genuine guest review
5 night trip Dec 27, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Adler Hotel

"Extreme comfort, excellent staff, perfect location "
11/16/15 KarKettler Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
I came to Madrid for Men's Fashion Week with a friend. The Adler Hotel came highly recommended by a friend from home, so we tried it. I have to say that I can't imagine a better hotel. The staff was so friendly and helpful, from recommending restaurants to helping with airline arrangements, they were superb. I fell in love with the location, we walked right out our door and found a quick walk to several restaurants and tourist attractions. The rooms were extremely comfortable, and the amenities were beautiful. I felt that my stay was too short on this trip. I can't wait to return to Madrid and stay in the Adler again. It's taken a place in my heart, and I can't recommend it highly enough. It's a wonderful place to stay.
"Loved it"
11/04/15 66cliven Guildford, United Kingdom
Stayed here when visiting Madrid for a few days city break with my wife and 13 year old son. Great bedroom, nice breakfast, and really helpful staff. The hotel is located in the smart district of town surrounded by high end shops and some lovely but reasonably priced, restaurants. Although the hotel is right by a metro station we only used it once, and for the rest of the time walked into the central zone. It takes about 20 minutes but plenty to take in on the way and plenty of bars for a coffee or something stronger to break up the journey.
11/03/15 Leenie18 Ridgewood, New Jersey
Just arrived in Madrid to see my daughter who is studying here for the semester. I've never been to Europe, and I don't speak a word of Spanish, so I was pretty nervous about planning this trip. I had no clue where I should stay, what area, what hotel, or where to go. Coming from the NY area, I'm pretty picky about updated clean hotels, and I do have a budget. Coincidentally, I was talking about it with a woman I had recently met and she recommended The Adler Hotel. She told me that she had just come back from Madrid and stayed a week here and loved it. So... I went with her recommendation and booked it for three nights. We arrived early this morning and were taken to our room on the first floor and were very pleasantly surprised. It's actually close to beautiful. We were greeted with four apples, plates, knives, and cloth napkins with a welcome note. Our room is big. It has two twin beds together so that it looks like a king. Behind the headboard is a curtain and I think it's called a canopy over the back part of the bed. There are two double doors - very European looking that open up onto a small balcony overlooking the street. It has such a Manhattan brownstone feel. I LOVE it!!! The bathroom is fully stocked with robes, slippers, lotions, shampoo, conditioner, soaps all by Loewe, sponge, sewing kit, cotton, Q-tips, and even a toothbrush and toothpaste. It's amazing! There is no coffee maker in the room, but it really does't matter because the staff here is wonderful and so accommodating. I have requested boiling water with a tea cup to be sent to my room twice already because I love having a hot cup of tea, but also like to bring my own herbal tea with me. This morning, the front desk was SOOOO helpful in explaining the map of the Hop on Hop off bus to us. When I asked about wifi, they were so helpful in getting me to my settings and typing it in for me because I was clueless. When I asked about charging my phone, the woman turned to get me a European adaptor that I took with me all day. The gentleman, Xavier at the front desk was so patient with me by answering all of my questions, and truly taking his time to explain the map and where to go. When we got back tonight there was turndown service and two Lindt chocolate candies left for us on our bed along with two more clean towels. So far we have only been here one day and I am so impressed that I had to write a review immediately. The hotel is GREAT, our room is elegant, the staff is so kind, patient, and accommodating, and the price was very reasonable. ....oh, and the area has awesome stores and shops to go into. Great walking area - safe, clean, busy! All in all, my first experience in Madrid has been wonderful!
"The Perfect Hotel In Madrid"
10/26/15 Swechs Scarsdale, N.Y.
We spent 8 wonderful days in Madrid with a couple of day trips out of town. . The Adler is a delightful small 5 star luxury hotel in an ideal location. The atmospher is warm and friendly with an outstanding staff that efficiently takes care of your every need, dinner reservations,train tickets,museum tickets,etc. The rooms are beautifully decorated with every amenity you may want and excellent Wi Fi. I'm very fussy about beds and can report The Adler has dreamy comfy beds with top of the line linens. We found this hotel to be homey in an elegant way which added to our impression of Madrid as a world class city. I can't imagine staying any place else while in Madrid.
"Stylish, comfortable and friendly"
10/01/15 Martha21 Cheltenham, United Kingdom
We booked this for 2 nights having seen previous trip advisor reviews. We were looking for a little luxury after a week`s trekking in the north. We were not disappointed. The room was very comfortable and quiet, - due to good soundproofing as the Adler is on a corner of two busy roads, well located, but not in the busy touristy centre and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We did not eat any meals there so cannot comment - (the breakfast there is EUR 27 per person). There are some good restaurants nearby and Prado and Retiro park within walking distance. Well worth the money.
"Small Hotel, great location and superb service"
09/27/15 Pietro79 Zürich
Good location in the heart of elegant and lively Salamanca district: Close to Parque de El Retiro, the big museums and the fine shops in a beautiful corner mansion from 19th century. Inside the hotel there are unfortunately no more old built volumes but the spacious rooms are nicely redone in an elegant "country house style": high ceiling, ample marble bathrooms, comfortable beds. We had a room to an inner courtyard which was an oasis of peace in bustling and summery Madrid. Big plus: Staff members are all very professional, friendly and helpful! We felt very comfortable at Hotel Adler and can definitively recommend it!
"Boutique hotel with a warm touch, discret, incredibly situated, a jewel of a place."
09/14/15 vickypu1 New York City, New York
Hotels in Madrid are usually hit or miss. And this is definitely a hit. I recently stayed 5 wonderful days with my mother and the experience was outstanding. The reviews I read about the hotel somehow had given me peace of mind before even getting there. But once I actually stayed in the property I was absolutely convinced this place is a jewel of place. Starting with the building. Once you approach the intersection of Goya and Velazquez you start noticing a beautiful neoclassic building taking over a corner. That's the Adler. The lobby is very cozy, bright and classy. This is not a place for loud music or dark corners. The people at the front desk, wearing uniforms and handling such classical items such as leather bound notebooks and actual keys, welcomed us with warmth and extreme efficiency. Our room was ready and we were taken to one of the superior floors (recommended) where we found a pretty ample room with two generous twin beds. Since I was traveling with my mom, who at 87 is a little limited, the bathroom was a bit inconvenient due to a pretty high bathtub. The hotel personnel went out of their way to provide with a bigger room with a bathroom featuring a shower are besides the bathtub - making it ideal for my mom. The room was obviously more expensive, but they offered me a especial rate. That was extremely thoughtful. In the new room, we were brought a nice complimentary tray with apples and a handwritten note. The rooms are very classic looking but feel modern at the same time. The decor is subdued and elegant. And despite the fact the building is in a busy intersection, the sound proofing is remarkably good. The bathrooms feel modern and solid, with white marble and big mirrors. Oh, and the LOEWE toiletries are a very nice touch. Finally, I must say a few words about the neighborhood. It's convenient, safe and near excellent shopping (Serrano). The neighborhood is very upper middle-class and you can tell by the quality of people you run into when starting walking up Velazquez. For those of you who need a gym (the hotel does not have one) there is a special deal with a boutique fitness center two blocks away, right on Serrano (and the walk is simply extraordinary). Finally, I would like to thank to all the personnel at The Adler. They made our stay very special. Every time I travel with my mom and people treat her like a Queen, I know I am in good hands. Please keep that place the way it is, because it is amazing.
"Great Place"
09/10/15 L M Essaouira, Morocco
Really enjoyed this hotel. In the nice Barrio Salamanca area. I would definitely recommend this place to others. I am a world traveller and like to look for places at a nice price and comfort quality. Definitely a place to choose if visiting Madrid.
"Friendly staff, quiet room, pity about the wifi."
06/04/15 Terry1969 Southend, UK
First impressions count and the 2 guys at the desk when I checked in were very friendly and jovial. Room was decent size, clean with plenty of storage. Needed an iron and ironing board which was delivered promptly. Had breakfast one day which was fine. One challenge was the wifi which was painfully slow. Other than that perfectly pleasant stay in a nice area. Try the churro is Star Madrid opposite the hotel
"Superb hotel"
05/24/15 Caliorexi San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
This is a true gem in an outstanding location in Madrid's tony Barrio de Salamanca. Well appointed rooms, cozy lobby, excellent restaurant… and above all superb staff. Highly recommend to anyone visiting on business or for leisure.
Reviews and ratings contained within this site are the subjective opinions of customers and suppliers; they do not represent or reflect’s position. Neither nor the parties involved in providing review content shall be held liable for any damages of any sort resulting from use of these reviews