All hotels in Preston, England, United Kingdom
Garstang Road, Broughton, Preston, England, PR3 5JE, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Ibis preston review"
Excellent , clean, excellent food and on site facilities for children and adults , staff are an asset to the hotel , polite and efficient , black out curtains are the best I have seen , a+++++ keep it up ibis
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
rob
"Stayed overnight while visiting Preston"
Travelled to Preston to an event and needed an overnight stay. Found the Ibis Hotel at a reasonable price for room only. After a 4 hour drive to get to Preston I had a little difficulty with my sat-nav actually finding the location so as I drove around I called the hotel and David very kindly guided me to the door, it can be a little awkward to make the turn as it comes right off a roundabout. Checking in was easy and was given the key to my room. I found the room to be spacious and clean and perfect for a 1 night stay. Would reccomend this hotel for people looking for a reasonable priced stop over.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
spursash
"Comfortable hotel with easy access and parking"
Just a one night stay to go to a local birthday party. The hotel is ideally placed next to the motorway and close to the venue of the party. Room was comfortable and clean. The staff were very helpful. Breakfast was very good value for money. We would definitely stay there again
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
"Nice, clean, friendly, comfortable."
Myself, hubby & 2 year old were visiting Preston for a wedding. The Ibis is a handy hotel, good location. Friendly staff, nice bright clean room, though a bit of wear on the carpet and bedding. Bed was comfy, we'd taken a travel cot but needn't have as staff had set up a sofa bed. Great price, great location (just off motorway), great staff.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
Short distance from Blackpool (half the price of hotels in Blackpool ) great for weekend away to see the lights, easy to find,clean and good condition nice staff, beds are a little uncomfortable but not to bad!! Will definitely go back next year!! :)
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
elaine
"Convenient to motorways"
Finding hotel bit difficult as sat nav address thinks its further down road. Only small brown signs point way round one way system. Hotel comfortable but budget quality. Good shower but no closed wardrobes. Only one chair in a double room! Beds comfy.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
tim
"This is our 3rd year at this hotel"
We like this hotel easy to find, friendly and helpful staff
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
Accommodation was very satisfactory. The room was comfortable and the bed even more-so..The staff were very efficient and helpful. I have used this hotel as an overnight stop when travellling from Scotland to Devon and hope to do so in future. I was sorry that I wasnot ablle to make a direct reservation with the hotel by 'phone at the same price didplayed on the internet but was able to do so using a third party firm for the internet price.
1 night trip Aug 25, 2014
Ian
ok- menu choice at restaurant was linited though
1 night trip Aug 6, 2014
s.s
"poor near nothing"
not very easy found sat nav could not pick it out when told about it staff said everybody says that
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Bigger signs needed saying ibis hotel ongarstang rd - hard to locate -
2 night business trip Aug 8, 2014
Aamir khonat
"bad location - post code does not get u their"
post code incorrect - takes to cricket club - took 20 mins finding it,
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
sk56
"Ibis Preston"
Good value for money, nice breakfast, clean rooms. Just what we needed.
2 night business trip Aug 4, 2014
Dan J
"Reasonable price"
It is in a good place for a quick overnight stop. The staff were fine and friendly. It was reasonably priced although the cleanliness of the room on our second night left a little to be desired.
2 night trip Jul 22, 2014
A relaxing and pleasant overnight stay in a popular but quiet and enclosed location.Good value to.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
Dave M
"Short visit"
Very basic but clean and acceptable. Quite noisy at times. Especially in the morning. Doors banging and loud voices.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Clean and functional"
Good although breakfast offer could beimproved
1 night trip Jul 1, 2014
macduckers
Nice claen friendly hotle in a good setting, staff great and the room was realy good for the price, My son and wife liked the room and will stay there on our next trip that way
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
defender90
"Beds and pillows too hard for us."
Hotel is clean and tidy and the breakfast quite good but the hardness of the bed and pillows did not afford us a good nights sleep.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Alan
"great location"
everything you could need, AND for a bargain price
1 night trip Jun 16, 2014
"Hidden hotel"
As a foreigner traveller in UK, it is hard enough to find a road , it is difficult when your hotel is hidden behind huge bushes and at the same time there is lack of signage to your hotel. And when we do find it , it is on one side of the road and it is covered by the bushes. It was unlucky for us when we cam from the other side of the road where there was no hotel signage. We drove all the way to city centre and went round and round , looking for your hotel.
1 night trip Jun 9, 2014
Ming lee
"Value for money and more"
Very good hotel, considering the price of the room was only £39 could have asked for my more. Comfortable bed, friendly staff, adequate parking, easily accessible from the motorway and restaurant for a hangover meal next door.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
Jonny
"In need of modernisation"
Carpets and furniture are tired and in need of attention, a room fridge would be a handy accessory, however it is what it is a freindly budget hotel.
8 night trip May 27, 2014
Ray Matthews
"Excellent Value!"
If you want reasonably priced accommodation then this is the place to stay. Basic but very clean and comfortable.
1 night trip May 7, 2014
"Overnight stay in family room"
The hotel weren't expecting us which surprised me as I'd had confirmation from Expedia of the booking about a week and a half before the stay and an e-mail reminder the day before. It turned out Expedia normally book directly onto the hotel's booking system but hadn't in our instance although they had sent a fax to the hotel. Staff confirmed they had a room and they would make up the second bed which they did within half an hour. Staff were very pleasant, room was clean, welcome tray for 2, en suite had shower and hair wash, beds were made up well and family had a good comfortable night. Although conveniently close to the dual carriageway the secondary glazing worked well to cut out the traffic noise. The only draw back was the hair dryer in the room didn't work and as we had a quick turn around in the morning there wasn't time to wait for a replacement. That said it was a good hotel, with a catering facility and there is a restaurant next door though we don't use either, and I would return if in the area again.
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
Andrea
"Good accommodation but left me with back ache"
The only criticism I have of this accommodation was that both my partner and I, were left with back and neck ache for around 2 days after our stay. Apart from that, it was ideal for the purpose. In our case, it was for a wedding at the Haighton Manor.
1 night trip Apr 10, 2014
Unfortunately the windows didn't close very well, hence the noise got in, and is in noisy location, motorway, main road and roundabout all next door. Plus unlucky for us road maintenance and a generator working in to the small hours.
1 night trip Apr 10, 2014
"Nice budget hotel"
Basic hotel but that reflected in price. Room was standard Ibis layout and was very clean. Staff were all very pleasant. Breakfast buffet in morning was pretty good.
Other trip Apr 12, 2014
Wayne
"Reliable hotel"
Like most Ibis hotels this one was clean and the staff pleasant. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet despite being near the motorway. I have stayed here on a number of occasions and its always been reliable. There is plenty of parking on site. There is breakfast on site and you can get food in the evening. Pub just next door as well.
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
SKIP64
"Good stay let down by mouldy shower curtain"
We enjoyed our stay, with the added convenience of the Fare & Square restaurant next door. Our room was very comfortable, but was let down by the dirty/mouldy shower curtain in the bathroom. A bonus was the unlimited wi-fi in the bedroom.
1 night trip Mar 30, 2014
mrbunnyyyy
"Suitable for the purpose intended."
I stayed at the Ibis Preston North, on the 27th May 2014, in a double room, on a room only basis, as I need a place to stay the night prior to a wedding in Preston. The room was of a reasonable size, with an open wardrobe, a small desk, and chair, tea, and coffee making facilities, WiFi, and wired internet facilities. Both the room, and bathroom were clean, and free of any significant defects. The hotel had a reasonable bar with a pool table, and a good deal of parking space, which was provided free of charge. The staff at the time of check-in, and check-out were polite, friendly, and seemed happy to help. However when I phoned the hotel earlier in the day to clarify the exact location (a subject addressed later in this review) of the hotel, the staff member was quite curt, and made it sound like I asked a stupid question. The location of this hotel, on a map, using the Post Code, seems to be a matter of opinion. Both Google Maps, and Bing pace the property, on the A6, around 0.2 miles from the junction with the M55. The entrance to the hotel, however is via the B2641. Instead of programming my Sat Nave (NavFree on Android handset) with the Post Code, I used the GPS co-ordinates (53.800491, -2.712790), which got me to the correct location. Overall, My experience with the Ibis Preston North was a pleasant one, for the purpose for which it was intended.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
RCG20
"Fine for a one night stay"
Good position for motorway access. Room fine but a second chair would have been nice. Bed comfortable, good hot water for shower. Staff very friendly. Has its own Restaurant/Bar but also a Chain Pub, Fayre & Square on the same site. Good parking.
1 night trip Mar 27, 2014
mtp123
"very very reasonably priced stay in a clean room"
i came, i slept. All went well on that front. The reception desk were very pleasant.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
"Dog friendly hotel"
Having read other reviews warning about the noise from the motorway, I was concerned when we were given a ground floor, road facing room. However, the room was quiet and comfortable and we all slept well.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"Great Stay!"
Fantastic all round .. !
1 night trip Jan 30, 2014
"Good Hotel"
Have stayed on a number of occasions and always found it of a standard above its star rating. New beds are more comfortable. Happy to stay again.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
skip64
"Great staff, shame about the hotel"
Couldn't have asked for any more from an excellent team, helpful, friendly, if a little overstretched at times. BUT, the hotel itself has difficulty in offering the standard level of accommodation, due to it becoming run down. Equipment not working, only 5 TV channels, poor WiFi, and a general tiredness to the place really lets down what could be an excellent facility. Shame on you IBIS, you're letting yourselves, and your excellent staff down
7 night trip Jan 22, 2014
Stey
"An inn, but not premier"
Convenient location. Front door broken: had to prise apart manually. Reception friendly and efficient. Toilet broken in room, so switched to a new one (but v far from reception, seemingly empty hotel). TV is old school 4:3 job with minimal channels. A cheap free view job would be nicer. Bed v firm, so not too comfortable for me. Given the typical room rate, this hotel only just met my expectations.
1 night trip Dec 21, 2013
Milliner
"Good Location"
Could do with more staff. Waited 10 mins before someone came to check us in. Apart from that everything else was good.
1 night trip with friends Nov 30, 2013
"nice hotel close to our reception venue nearby."
although the hotel was sign posted near the round about it did not make direction at all clear. we entered the sight and left straight away thinking we had entered by the wrong entrance. we suggest more arrowed signs directing people to the hotel.
Other trip Nov 19, 2013
kesh
"Hotel Location & "in room services""
The room overlooked the M55 motorway and was very noisy even with the windows closed. The Hotel itself is too well "hidden" behind trees and very poorly signposted from the approach roads. Entrance is via a "pub car park and is not signposted at entry. The tea and coffee is very insufficient and lacks in quantity and choice, hot chocolate drink is available at most other hotels of this standard.
1 night trip Nov 8, 2013
Ian Lorimer
"Very comfy bed!"
A super comfy bed in a very clean and tidy room, lovely bathroom also.
1 night trip Nov 10, 2013
Chloe
"Ok For one night stay"
Was on the high side of two stay reception was good, room was clean, would have been more acceptable if breakfast was included.
1 night family trip Sep 18, 2013
D & K Trotta
"Good two star hotel"
Arriving after dark, I admit that my first impressions were not good. The middle one of three flag posts in the car park was squint and half the lamp posts were switched off. In spite of the CCTV, if I were a single woman I think I should have felt quite alarmed, particularly when the car park is surrounded by dense trees. On my second night, the car park was still poorly lit, so it was not just a one off. The hotel itself was very clean, but somehow it did not have the feel of an Ibis hotel. Considering the price I paid, I am in no position to complain, but the furnishings seemed a bit tired. On the positive side, the room was of a good size and the breakfast was fine, though they had no eggs. The restaurant next door was very good and inexpensive and I would have gone there for my breakfast had I stayed another day. The hotel is very reliable for good value as a two star hotel but travellers seeking anything better should look elsewhere.
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
"Lovely hotel and excellent price"
We loved our stay at this Ibis. Everything was wonderful. The comfort of the room was excellent. No complaints whatsoever! And there is a good place next door called the 'Fare & Square' where you can get a good hearty meal in good company with friendly Lancashire staff. Superb all round. ;-)
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
Allan
"great value very comfy"
Really good value for money, clean rooms comfy beds.....only down side is breakfast all we wanted was a bit of toast and cereal but you can only have a 7.95 breakfast. Other than that can't fault it. Thanks
1 night business trip Sep 27, 2013
wadenaam
"Nice secluded hotel"
Was a overnight getaway nice hotel friendly staff , great location next to m55/m6 but no noise could be heard - only downside room as too warm during night.
Other trip Sep 27, 2013
lee
"Good service"
We use this hotel when visiting relatives in the area. It is in no way luxurious but it has clean cut lines and provides all that you need for a comfortable stay. The rooms and public areas are spotlessly clean and the staff are always polite, helpful and accommodating. On this occasion my partner had broken his leg and was sporting a plaster cast. I explained this in a phone call before our arrival and we were given a ground floor room. The following day a disabled room became available and we were moved to that with the help of one of the staff. If I have one criticism it is that the breakfast tables though cleaned can be a little "sticky" to the touch. Having experienced this in other restaurants I think that it may relate to using those squirty bottles of cleaner rather than good old detergent rinsed off with water.
3 night trip Jul 9, 2013
"Generally very good"
Overall I was very satisfied with my stay at the ibis Preston. The hotels services were not explained on arrival (ie breakfast arrangements, bar hours, etc) and one of the taps constantly dripped in the bathroom but apart from that no problems.
2 night trip Sep 6, 2013
"Good Hotel for a Stop Over"
When I arrived, staff were nice and got me quickly checked in. The room was a good size and clean, but the shower had non-existent power. The bed was comfy, only problem i had were other guests being noisy. Overall, a good hotel.
Other trip Sep 4, 2013