All hotels in Post Falls, Idaho, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here414 E 1st Ave, Post Falls, ID, 83854, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Website deceptive, but still a wonderful place"
We loved the atmosphere of this hotel! We were in town for a family vacation and to visit our older daughter. Don't be fooled by the pictures....the pool is tiny...as were the balcony's...only 2 people can stand on them, no room for chairs. I would recommend getting a ground floor room if you want to sit outside and enjoy the river.
3 night family trip May 22, 2015
"We won't be back."
The hotel was pretty loud. We could hear doors slamming it seemed constantly. What disappointed us also was we called for room service (which they offer) and we told that we would have to come and pick it up. I did and was then asked to return the dishes to the kitchen. Not quite " room service".
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Can't beat this hotel; best in the area!"
This is a beautiful, quiet hotel with half the rooms overlooking the river. The bed was luxuriously comfortable, the furnishing were tasteful and clean. We enjoyed the restaurant on site with views of the river and marina; it was reasonably priced. We would definitely stay again!
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"Post Falls Trip"
Hotel was fine and rate was good, but it was not very full, and they could have put me in a River View room, instead of the parking lot view room that I had. Server in the bar was very nice, as was the front desk. Rooms were a little dated.
1 night business trip Apr 28, 2015
"We would stay there again"
The beds and pillows were comfortable, the rooms were clean and as a family we were able to get our rooms all together. We would definitely stay there again.
3 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
Mari
"Decent hotel with a nice view"
Very nice hotel with a good restaurant. I don't know what it is about Red Lion's, but they have to do something about the smell in the hallways. The room doesn't smell, but the hallways always do. It's a bad chemical smell. The room was perfect with all of the right stuff (and the bed was comfortable), but the smell is going to keep me away from Red Lion's.
1 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
"Fair for the price"
Simple room but comfy bed. Fair for the price if you are looking for a convenient place to stay in the Post Falls area.
1 night romance trip Mar 15, 2015
"A little tired"
I stayed here while on a work trip. The check-in was very quick and seamless, and the young lady at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. The hotel itself seemed a but tired and dreary. My room was quite small and smelled a but musty. The bed was comfortable. Overall the value was pretty consistent with the rate that I got on the room.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
Carl
"Unexpectedly pretty"
We just sacked out here while passing through on I90, but it was unexpectedly nice. We'll be back.
1 night family trip Jan 19, 2015
"loved it"
Great stay.. loved the place, the bed, the breakfast.. will go ASAP again
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
mary k
"Love at First Sight!!"
It was incredible. My first meeting with my soulmate. We met in the middle, Post Falls is exactly 4 hours from each of us, he in Montana and I in Oregon. We arrived within minutes of each other. It was meant to be from the start. If possible, we will be coming back every year for an anniversary! Thank you.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Cynthia
"Not a good experience."
Don't like to complain, but if you are looking to sleep, this was not a good experience. The heating/ac unit was terribly loud. It went from sounding like water was dripping, to a thumping noise and screeching. It was 27 degrees, so we needed to utilize it. Also the room above us woke at 3:30 a.m. to get ready for work on a Sunday. I am assuming they were with a crew as the trucks had departed when we got up at 6:00. The sound barrier between the floors was so bad, that it sounded like someone was purposefully stomping, and I am certain that was not the case. The room was very comfortable, but just not the place to get sleep.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
D
"not far from the Centennial Trail"
Staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. I like that the hotel was off of I 90 a few blocks, which made it a quieter place to stay.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
Morgan
"More than what you expect!"
Had a great experience! Super clean rooms and the staff was very friendly! Didn't realize the hotel was so close to the water...which was a beautiful view from the room even if it is Winter.....a nice surprise to say the least! Only down fall was the bathroom, no fan so when you took a shower the place was super damp and the mirrors all fogged up in the room. The breakfast which was included in the price of the room was great as well. Bed was beyond comfortable...wish I could of brought it home with us!
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
MJ
"Awesome sauce"
Perfect staff wAs amazing and very accommodating room was spotless could not have been happier!!!
4 night trip Dec 19, 2014
eric
"Love this Hotel!"
This was our second stay here. The Spokane river views are great. the staff are very accommodating and were happy to move us to another room when we asked due to noisy neighbors. The rooms are spotless and the beds are very comfortable. Our granddaughter really enjoyed the pool. They gave us free breakfast for three due to our having to be moved. There is a boat launch near by and the hotel offers moorage at their dock.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
Ellie
I regularly use this property for a quick get away. The staff is simply the nicest, most professional around.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
"Pet Friendliest location I have seen."
Booked the rooms for family reunion in area. Had two dogs, and got adjoining rooms with doors that went directly outside to wonderful walking areas for the dogs. The staff are friendly, the breakfast was bountiful and the price was reasonable.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Cathy
"Great hotel for the price!"
The river view room was great. Good food. Indoor pool. Price is right.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Angela
"Great rooms for the price"
The beds were very comfertable. Room was clean. The breakfast wasnt very good.
2 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
"The Red Lion Hotel in Post Falls Idaho - LOVED IT!"
We travel a lot an have stayed in many Hotels, BUT this Hotel was WONDERFUL!!! BEAUTIFUL VIEWS out of our room facing the river, also the Restaurant, Pool Area, etc. The food was great, a VERY CLEAN, BEAUTIFUL Hotel! We WILL be back A LOT, we have 3 Children that live in Post Falls, so this will be our SPOT! LOVED IT!!!
5 night family trip Oct 29, 2014
Donna L
"Good location. On the river."
Buffett breakfast could have been better. Potatoes undercooked, eggs overdone.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
nates mom
"Not as nice as the reviews"
Be prepared for construction around you. Our room had a floor that felt like it could be broken, if that is a possibility. There was a definite dip and made a huge noise. Walls are thin.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
Jamie
"Hotel on the river"
We were very disappointed with our stay this time. We go there because we like the location of the hotel. The accomadations were very unusual. The carpet and furniture had stains on them. The floor below the carpet was damaged. You would walk on it and the flooring would move and make noise. It felt like you were stepping into a dip. Not conducive to a pleasant stay. The mattress was very uncomfortable and we checked it ourselves and it needed to be replaced.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
"Get the river view room. Worth it!"
Older place in a beautiful spot. Spend the extra money if you can to get a river-view room. Each one has a little balcony, except for the ones on the lower level that have their own little patio. Room is a little dated but nice. Only downside was carpet that needed to be cleaned, or better yet replaced. Staff was wonderful accommodating our particular requests. Also friendly, efficient. Neighborhood looks more residential than centrally located near restaurants, clubs, etc., but that was fine with us. We needed peace and quiet. Coeur d'Alene is not far at all. One thing: sorry we cannot recommend the restaurant at the hotel. We ended up sending one dish back (Philly cheese steak with virtually no cheese and little meat); the Monte Cristo was OK. Food seemed on the expensive side. Staff was very nice, and changed the bill; comped our wine. If we ever come back this way we will definitely stay here again.
2 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
When booking I was told breakfast was included. It was not. Made for an awkward situation. King bed had a slope on one side. Elevators are small, and hard to get a cart in with people.
1 night trip Oct 16, 2014
Don Carpenter
"Nice looking but horrors within"
Check in late after traveling all day. Friendly staff. Unpacked went to take shower, floor looked dirty, one roll tp missing, shower curtain missing, and DIRTY USED soap in shower. Went to bed only to find sticky soda rings in night stand. Told mgmt next morning, came back after they cleaned only to find the same dirty soap in shower. Told front desk and came back at the end of the day. Dirty soap still there. Got a new room. Everything was good for that room.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
business travel
"Great place"
It was a great stay and welcoming staff but would have been better if there was a continental breakfast and fruits left out during the day for guest. Don't ways have time for sit down food.
2 night family trip Oct 12, 2014
Great service in a nice hotel with a super view!
2 night business trip Oct 10, 2014
"Not the best or the worst place I have stayed"
About the best features of this hotel were the front desk staff's friendliness and the lake view. There were several issues, which I did bring to the attention of the front desk, none of which were taken care of while we were there, but that wasn't necessarily their fault on all of the items I told them about. The issues that could have been resolved, but weren't, were cleaning the window which had a "FU" written in the window haze by a previous guest and obviously the housekeeper didn't open the drapes to notice it and several CFL light bulbs that were either burnt-out or close to it. The other issues that couldn't be address were the AC unit that needs replacement or repair, The Balcony door which needs replacement because it is damaged and is hard to open/close and makes a loud high pitch noise when you do use it, and bad water stains in the ceiling and carpet directly below it. To be fair, I brought the easily fixable problems to the attention of the front desk the day we arrived and the other issues I told them about when we checked out, because, for us, it was not important for us to change rooms. In hind-sight, I should have probably asked to change rooms, since the fixable problems were never fixed. The only other issue we had was a billing issue, where they billed my card rather than "hotels.com", but that was quickly taken care of by the accountant at the hotel.
2 night romance trip Sep 12, 2014
Sean
"MT Mom"
Nice, quiet and friendly. Room was clean. Central location for our needs. Great food. Enjoyed pool and hot tub.
3 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2014
Sheryl
"A VERY pleasant surprise"
The hotel was clean, the desk help was quite polite and helpful. When I asked about more pillows and shampoo she had them sent to our room. When I went to the front desk asking about hot chocolate mix she hunted some down for us. The room was very clean, white bedding which I prefer as it shows cleanliness better, towels were clean white and fluffy. The TV was current and worked great. Most of the rooms have outside and inside doors which was VERY helpful to us as we had our kids and luggage to get inside and we didn't have to worry about annoying people in our hallway. The pool was a little small and the hot tub was too hot and overly chlorinated but my girls had fun and got rid of some energy which was the whole point. Towels in the pool area were fully stocked. All in all we were just looking for a place to stay before hitting Silverwood the next day and we were pleasantly surprised by the quality and cleanliness. The last time we booked a hotel room for under $90 it stank like smoke and was dirty. I would recommend however if you're travelling with your family and don't want to spend $10.95 each for a buffet breakfast that you either bring along some doughnuts and muffins (which we did), or scope out the breakfast places in town, I know there is a Denny's near by that you can eat at cheaper than 11 bucks per person.
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
Amber
They over charged both mine and my aunts card by over 300 dollars. Besides that, everything else was okay.
2 night business trip Sep 19, 2014
"Nice hotel next to River"
The room was comfortable, clean and I especially like the linens and comforter on the bed. Not too warm or heavy. The only thing about our room was the extra door lock was broken. We did not want to bother to change rooms as we had an adjoining room for family. Everything else was updated and in good repair. It's an older hotel but clean and comfortable. Plenty of parking and lots of parking for boats!
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Shasta
"Romantic get away"
Very pleasant. Rooms very well appointed and clean. Lovely location and view of the Spokane River. Food service was slow but excellent food.
3 night romance trip Sep 12, 2014
"Shockingly disappointing!"
I have NEVER in my life had to wait until 5:30 for my room! And I had to beg to get one then so I could change my clothes and put in my contacts before going to my concert that already started at 1:30. When we arrived at 4:30, we were told our room wasn't ready, but then they checked in 4 guys after me that didn't even have a reservation! But the worst part wasn't the missing smoke detector or missing knobs on the heating/air conditioner....oh no....the worst part was discovering a big yellow and brown spot on the towel that I was about to dry off with. Disgusting! The bathroom sink didn't even drain! The hotel has a beautiful location, but is in dire need of good housekeepers and new management that can get this place back on track.
1 night trip with friends Sep 11, 2014
Surprised
"Very clean, up to date room."
Very clean up to date room. Quick and easy check in and out with friendly staff.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
"This is a great place"
After making my reservations we looked further into the reviews posted on this site and Yelp. From what we read we began to doubt our decision. We arrived at the hotel and asked to see the room before we checked in. We found the room to be extremely clean, well appointed and up to date. The hotel location is beautiful. The staff is friendly and efficient. The facilities including the pool and fitness center were well equipped and in good condition. The food in the restaurant was very good. You will get better service in the bar than the dining room. Not sure who left the derogatory posts but be assured they are inaccurate. We highly recommend this hotel.
1 night trip Sep 10, 2014
Peggy A
It is more like best western standard to me. I don't really interact with staff much. So I gave 4 points.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
"Just a quick overnight"
Staff was really nice and friendly. When I did a name your own price, some way it had 1 adult rather than 1 adult and 2 teens. I got a room with one king bed. We checked in around midnight and I asked to change but they didn't have a double available and they were out of air mattresses (which I wouldn't have wanted to spend $20 for anyway). They brought extra bedding in case we needed to have someone sleep on the floor.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
"No breakfast"
overall good, but no breakfast included
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
"On the river"
Front office staff was very polite and accommodating. Room was just fine with a lovely view overlooking the river. Reasonable price for the summer and being close to Coeur d'Alene.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Callie
"On the Water"
Just so-so. My room was suppose to have a water view, but all I could see from room 102 was the blue roofs of the marina and some very tall pine trees. The wet bar sick dripped all night on to the metal sink. The back door on the room had a crack in the weather stripping along the bottom that let bugs in. The carpet had a large stain in front of the place where the frig use to be. It was also noisy because it was very close to the pool and people (and children) walked by my room talking loudly until the pool closed. I saw several spiders that made sleeping stressful because I really don't like spiders. I was disappointed in the location and the maintenance of the room. My friend had a third floor room with a view and it was much better than my lower basement room. The lighting in the hall made it very dark and creepy. Probably won't stay there again until it is renovated.
2 night business trip Aug 1, 2014
"Nice view, needs some work."
The staff was friendly, but we had to have the maid service come change out our bedspread because there were dog paw prints on the bed and dog hair in our bathroom. We did not have a pet with us, hotel staff?? Also housekeeping might want to look under the beds for trash, we found pop cans and debris under beds.
"Nice hotel on the river."
I grew up in Post Falls and had previously only gone to Templin's for social gatherings and dining. This was my first stay. Considering that my first memories of Templin's are from the 80's, I was impressed by how well it's been kept up. My room was clean and comfortable. The cleaning staff was friendly and accommodating. I only ate in the restaurant once, but my salmon salad was very good and the service was quick and attentive. My only complaint, and it is minor, is that I could hear people in the hallways when they were speaking at a normal conversational volume, and I could hear bumps and footsteps from the floor above. Even with this in mind, I would definitely stay at Templins again. The location is perfectly situated between Spokane and Coeur d' Alene, which are fun destinations. Templin's is a welcome retreat from the touristy downtown Cd'A area.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
Erin
"One night stay on a road trip"
Checked in early evening and left again next morning so our length of experience was limited
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
Nice setting onthe river. Very relaxing after a long drive.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"Not clean bad location ghetto"
We stayed here for marathon event. When arrived room not ready , when we finally were able to check in they gave me a handicap room. The room was not cleaned well , bathroom had hair in sink and shower stall . Staff was not experienced, location was in a very poor part of town away from all amenities
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"Ok probably won't stay again"
Very very thin walls we could hear everything that went on in the room next to us
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
mandi
"Great!"
We were comfortable and happy! Nice stay! Good dining and pretty room. Close to CDA for Ironman race.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014