All hotels in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here107 6th St, Pittsburgh, PA, 15222, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Nice boutique-style hotel in great location in the middle of theater district. Would recommend.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Excellent! We'll be back!"
Excellent hotel, staff and service, and location cannot be beat!!
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
"Hard to Recommend"
Problems began right away! The toilet handle in our room was broken-which my husband fixed. Then our in-room safe did not work nor was the refrigerator working! Thankfully these things were fixed promptly after we told the bell person. I thought this hotel being 4 star would have a concierge-it turns out this person was also acting as the bellhop? He was nice enough, but did not know anything about some areas of the city. Again no real concierge to be found- and this was a weekend stay! Then there was a wedding party staying that night who were extremely loud and rowdy until about 230AM. Why would a floor or block of rooms away from other hotel guests- not be used for wedding parties? Also I got a feeling of overall not caring from several hotel staff. Should have booked Fairmont down the street for not that much more! This was not a four star hotel experience,
Response by Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay with us. I apologize for the issues you encountered. We do have 24 hour security personnel on hand to deal with noise issues. All staff members are knowledgeable about the local area and function as Navigators for our valued guests. We also have several stations where we provide information about the local area at the touch of a button. I am sorry a member of our staff was unable to answer some questions you had. We will review your feedback to improve our training and service but I can assure you that this is the exception and not the rule at the Renaissance Hotel. Sincerely, Paul Newmaster General Manager
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Dahlia
"NOT worth the money!!"
This hotel is extremely overrated for what the price originally is. When we arrived, our rooms were all switched around to different floors when we requested to be with the wedding party we were in town to attend. The king room we were given was a JOKE. There wasn't even a fridge in the room.... the room was extremely small and outdated. There was rust on the ceiling in bathroom, which looked very old. I would suggest springing for the double room. That was at least a little larger and more accommodating. There were so many weddings going on in one night that they were confused where everyone was. When checking out, that was a nightmare in itself. Took 45 minutes to resolve their clear issue with our booking and were charged 100 dollars MORE than we paid for on hotels.com. i will never be staying here again. Valet is also a pain... there is no turn around to pull your car into. You just have to get lucky to parallel park and wait for someone to come help you.
Response by Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Thank you for your feedback. We will review your comments at our next staff meeting so that we can improve our service levels to our valued guests. Sincerely, Paul Newmaster General Mansger
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"Best Hotel Experience in Pittsburgh!"
Chose the Renaissance as an elegant hotel for our 25th annivarsary and it's location. It did not disappoint! The staff went out of their way to welcome us with a beautiful room with a spectacular view and champagne, cheese and chocolates! So nice after a difficult time getting to Pittsburgh from CA. Thanks to Mary and Caitlyn for their kind gesture! Excellent food in the hotel restaurant with, again, very friendly staff. The hotel is downtown so there is so much to do. Walked to the STEELER game! Too bad they lost. Will return!
3 night romance trip Sep 26, 2014
Maria Burnside
"5 STAR...from reservation to flight out...AMAZING!"
I was just there for the one night but the facilities and the staff were AMAZING!!! I can't recommend this hotel strong enough!!!
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2014
Dachia
"bait and switch"
I was to have a King Bed, that was what was advertised for the rate. It was stated that there may be only a Queen available, which would have been acceptable for the rate. Also the room was advertised as having a city view. The room we received was not a king or queen but a full size bed. The City view was actually the court yard view which provided a "beautiful" view of the opposite wing of the hotel. What was advertised and promised was not what was received. I am very disappointed and feel that I have been swindled. I was told that as I had prepaid I could not be given an adjustment. Also the service in the restaurant was terrible and extremely slow. This was a very busy weekend in Pittsburgh with the Race and the football game. I understand that the hotel was near capacity and the city was packed with spectators and guests. But performing under these conditions is a sign of a well run organization worthy of a multiple star rating. For me the Renaissance did not perform up to expectations.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
GREAT location ! I would have absolutely nothing to complain about. I would definitely stay there again.
1 night business trip Sep 20, 2014
Kitty
"Beautiful View"
We stayed while attending a Pittsburgh Pirate game. We were celebrating our birthdays. Never told the hotel but my Husband got a view of a life time. We were facing the river and PNC park. He thanked me but we should be thanking the hotel staff for the view. The staff was super friendly and helped us find a restaurant we were looking for. Thank you for a great stay!
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
"Window meet wall"
Our room was a bit dull, perhaps because the view out of the window was of a wall. It also was long and narrow, and with the high ceilings, which I normally like, seem both cavernous and small at the same time. We tripped over our selves frequently.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
Tyson
"Excellent stat"
My wife and I arrived in Pitt and from the moment we drove up to the hotel the personnel were incredible. The staff was not only helpful but they were accommodating as well. This was a great place to stay!
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
mark
"Excellent room"
Normally I do not sleep well in hotels but the bed was comfortable allowing me to get good sleep.
1 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
Reds Fan
"good location, good staff. questionable billing."
staff had no control of little children in the lobby, restaurant, etc. use of the lobby as a wedding venue results in inconvenience for the hotel overnight guests.
Response by Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel. We value your feedback. We will review your comment to try to improve our service levels. We are a family friendly hotel and we do our best to keep all of our guests happy and exceed expectations. Sincerely, Paul Newmaster
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
david
"Not even close to being worth the price"
Stayed here for a bachelorette party. I booked a room for 5 adults, which was supposed to have 2 queen sized beds. When we went in, there were 2 full sized beds. The woman at the front desk immediately got us a roll out bed, thankfully. This is the first time I have wrote a review, let alone a bad one. Every time we turned on the water, or anyone around us turned on their water, the pipes made an AWFUL thumping sound. It kept us up all night. And you would think a group of girls drinking heavily would be able to sleep through it...that's how god awful the noise was. Told the woman at the desk about it in the morning, I could tell she felt bad and was very apologetic, but she offered us free breakfast. I didn't want free breakfast. I wanted money off of my $360 bill. We had a 2 hour drive home and just wanted to leave. Not eat their food. I paid for a hotel room, it would have been nice to knock some money off of the bill considering I didn't get the service I paid for.
Response by Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Thank you for your feedback regarding the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel. I apologize for the noise issues that you encountered and I will make sure we correct the problem. We do only have king and queen beds at the property and I also apologize that you were disappointed. I will be sure to review our compensation guidelines and look forward to providing you with the quality you expect during your next visit with us. Sincerely, Paul Newmaster General Manager
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Samantha
"Close nto Heinz Field"
The room was very nice and seemed to be quite clean . We had the breakfast buffet , and I did not enjoy it . It was cold , and tasteless and over priced .
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Nice stay in Pittsburgh"
Lovely old hotel in downtown Pittsburgh. Small lobby and bar area. Restaurant for breakfast was typically expensive and nothing to rave about. Pastries were dried out and food rather bland. The room was very nice but on the small size. The view was the A/C unit - not exactly what I had requested for our 45th wedding anniversary. I was glad to get the king bed I wanted.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
asked for king bed recieved a queen. room very small. vallet parking very bad. had to circle block foe 15 minutes to get into it., no parking for it.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
The staff was great - they went out of their way to make your stay great. We didn't eat there because there are a lot of eating establishments in the area but the menu there looked really good.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Great stay, great view. Wonderful hotel for a quick business trip. Walkable to all parts of downtown, Strip District and stadiums. Would stay again.
1 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
"Wonderful hotel in the middle of everything"
Hotel was beautiful and the staff friendly and courteous. The location is convenient to the cultural district and to sporting events. The resaurant was incredible.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"A modern hotel in a historic building"
This was a very modern hotel in an old historic building in the cultural district. Check in was smooth, but upon check out, I was charged a valet parking fee, and I had NOT used valet parking. The charge was removed without question. Room was comfortable, but somewhat smaller than what I expected. All in all, a pleasant stay.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
The first day and night the room was quite warm but it was handled properly by the front desk and we were quite comfortable after that.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Ruth
"overnighjt after a cruise"
Worked out nicely for us. I suggest the hotel have bottled water in the rooms.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
The Istnicks
"Great hotel, great staff"
Very helpful, attentive staff at this hotel, even during a busy weekend. A bit pricey, though.
1 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2014
Stan
"Perfect location, great view, nice room"
Couldn't ask for more in the location. We had a room that overlooked PNC Park which was great. Staff was nice.room was very comfortable. We'd stay there again when going back to Pittsburgh.
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Extremely comfortable beds"
The hotel is quite beautiful. It's wonderfully appointed and the rooms are tastefully decorated. Beds are extremely comfortable. It is located in the heart of the cultural district. Areas of improvement include: front door staff is friendly but not especially helpful. No effort was made to assist with baggage nor open doors. Room was lacking a make-up mirror for my wife.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Enjoyable"
It was a very good experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
"Great room, but theres more"
The over all experience was unforgettable, Great room, staff answered any question we could ask, Was right next to the theatre where we went. The only issue we had was the bar. We got there at 10:30 and found a table and had to wait 30+ minutes for the waitress to come to the table. My wife ordered a drink and I tried to order a salad and was told the kitchen closed at 11:00PM. the drink was too strong and the tea I ordered when it arrived tasted like it had been brewed that morning. While we will be going back to the hotel, the bar is NOT on our list of stops.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
Risdon Reynolds
This hotel has a great location in the cultural district and is also convenient to the north shore and its attractions. Easy walk to numerous restaurants and the trendy Market Square. The fitness facility is also first rate. Rooms clean and comfortable.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
Joan
Nothing special about the service at this hotel, but the location is great if you're going to a Pirate's game!
1 night trip May 24, 2014
"Ideal for baseball / foodie"
Couldn't have asked for a more ideal location to walk over to PNC. the Renaissance offers a well designed modern hotel at a great value without being over-the-top hipster. Plus you've got restaurants nearby and Pointe Park, a perfect place to stroll after your morning coffee in the square.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
Very convenient, a walk to PNC field. Close to downtown scene.
Other trip May 28, 2014
"It was just ok"
Nothing about this made me think it should be rated more tha 3.5. The hotel bar staff was just okay. Not overly helpful or courteous. The rooms were clean but small. The interior while some of it was redone to look modern, a lot of it was old and looked incomplete. Not worth the extra $.
Response by Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Thank you for your feedback. our decor was intended to keep the integrity of an indigenous iconic hotel with old world charm and touches of modern elements. I am sorry you did not care for the way the hotel looked and we will use your feedback during our planning phase of our rooms renovation. We will get you into one of our larger rooms the next time you visit Pittsburgh as most of our rooms are large and spacious with great views! We look forward to helping you discover all that the Renaissance Pittsburgh has to offer. Sincerely, Paul Newmaster General Manager
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Pittsburgh - Close to PNC Park"
This was my 5th visit to Pittsburgh, and my first stay at Renaissance, will certainly stay here again. Close to PNC park and all downtown activities. Breakfast Sunday in the restaurant was good, unfortunately painfully slow service, but, they may have had an off day. I didn't allow that to take away from the overall score and experience!
1 night trip with friends May 10, 2014
Craig
"Horrible Hotel"
Arrived at 11:00PM and they had given my room away. I had paid in advance.
Response by Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
I apologize that we did not have your room available upon arrival. I thank you for your feedback and hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Sincerely, Paul Newmaster General Manager
Other trip May 10, 2014
"Not worth the price"
It may just be me but double the amount for a room regardless of what was going on in Pittsburgh was ridiculous. The website made the place look like a Vegas Strip quality hotel but I was very disappointed the room was small and the bathroom was in need of repairs. Yes the location can't be beat but that was about it.
Response by Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Thank you for your feedback regarding the Renaissance Pittsburgh. We value your opinion and will review your comments at our next staff meeting. The majority of our rooms are much larger than most hotels with high ceilings and upgraded amenities. I apologize that you did not feel that we met your expectations and hope that you will give us an opportunity in the future to change your opinion. Sincerely, Paul Newmaster General Manager
1 night trip May 3, 2014
Lorrie
"Wonderfully charming hotel"
We were in town for the Pittsburgh Half-Marathon and needed a hotel close to the starting line. Unfortunately, we waited until the last minute, but Hotels.com came through with a room at the Renaissance for us. Very convenient location within easy walking distance of PNC Park, PPG Place, Market Square and lots of inexpensive parking. Older hotel with lots of charm that has been wonderfully restored. Very clean with friendly, helpful hotel staff. Breakfast at the restaurant great too!
Response by Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Thank you so much for the kind remarks regarding your stay with us here at the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us and discover something wonderfully new the next time you visit Pittsburgh! Have a Great Day! Paul Newmaster General Manager
1 night trip May 3, 2014
Debbie
"In the heart of the Cultural District and Marathon"
Stayed there while running in a race. Very close to start and finish. Near all the great, old theaters, as well as the Strip District. Friendly staff. Nice rooms.
Other trip May 7, 2014
"Short walk to PNC Park"
Beautiful old hotel...terrific to be able to walk across the Roberto Clemente Bridge to PNC Park and the Pirates game...really terrific to be able to have the short walk back to the hotel after the game!!!!
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
"Impressed100"
Fabulous hotel and friendly service
1 night romance trip Apr 5, 2014
Once a gem now an outdated old hotel. Would not stay again.
Response by Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Thank you for your feedback. We believe that we are still the gem of the city in both service and product. We just finished a renovation of our lobby and we have plans to update many more areas of the hotel in the near future. I apologize for any inconvenience that caused you to view the hotel poorly and will be available to discuss your stay should you decide to contact me. We look forward to serving you in the future, and to help you discover something new in the Pittsburgh Area! Sincerely, Paul Newmaster General Manager
2 night trip Mar 21, 2014
Jerry
"Very Nice!"
The staff is very friendly and helpful. The motel is very clean and well kept. Parking garage right across the street is only $5/24 hours on weekends to self park. Motel is expensive but is in the heart of the city within walking distance of everything.
1 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2014
"Beautiful hotel!"
My husband and I decided to stay in town for an event. I choose the Renaissance as a friend had recommended it. The bed was very comfortable and we had a beautiful view of the river.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
Lindsay
"Fairly unpleasant experience"
Business travelers need rest, not distractions. Room was nice enough in size and amenities, but was SOO HOT I could not sleep. Thermostat setting made no difference, just ran and ran until I was boiling. Had turn off completelyand open window. It was far too late in the evening (after midnight) to have maintenance come in. I called the desk and got a very sympathetic night auditor who said all the right things, but off course couldnt solve the problem. The worst part was at checkout there was no compensation to me for the trouble. I think they offered me breakfast coupons, which of course due late bedtime, I had no time to use. This lack of sleep had a negative impact on my preparedness for large CIO presentation. I would hesitate before spending another night in this so called US top 25 hotels.
2 night business trip Feb 17, 2014
"most breathtaking views"
We were only there overnight but our king suite was beautiful. Ironically the best view of the water was from the bathroom. The staff was very accommodating, knowledgeable and helpful. The hotel is walking distance from a variety of restaurants. .We would definitely recommend this hotel and stay there again.
1 night trip Feb 19, 2014
julie
"Lovely hotel downtown"
This is a nicely renovated hotel that was once an office building. The lobby is elegant. The rooms are good-sized and comfortable. It's conveniently located in the downtown cultural area. There are lots of places withing walking distance. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The food in the restaurant was good (we had breakfast there, don't know about other meals). Highly recommended.
Response by Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Thank you for your kind words regarding the Renaissance Pittsburgh and Braddocks Restaurant. I highly recommend lunch or dinner in our restaurant as it is one of the top rated venues in the city! Have a Great Day! Paul Newmaster General Manager
Other trip Feb 19, 2014
"This place can do anything!"
Pittsburgh is unstoppable! We came for a long 3 day romantic weekend and enjoyed every minute of our stay. Experiencing the sites was made easier with our choice to stay at the Renaissance. Thanks Pittsburgh. Thanks Renaissance. And thank you Expedia. We will have to do this again sometime!
Response by Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Thank you! We are happy that you were able to make many discoveries during your stay with us! Have a Great Day! Paul Newmaster General Manager
Other trip Feb 11, 2014
Nate
The hotel is in an excellent location. NIce sized rooms. Friendly staff. Great service,
Response by Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Thank you for your feedback! We have several indigenous discoveries for you to experience. Our Navigator program will assist you in finding some unique offerings Pittsburgh has, but few know about. We look forward to your future stays with us! Paul Newmaster General Manager
2 night trip Jan 31, 2014
christyd
"Pretty satisfied customer"
Best night's sleep I ever had in a hotel/motel. The bed and pillows were crisp and comfortable. The room was clean and the bathroom was lovely. The room itself was not very large. And in my mind, for what the room cost, I expected a nice view and two robes since there were 2 occupants of the room. Our view was of the rooms directly across from our room. If I craned my neck real hard, I could see a glimpse of the river. They did bring us another robe, but we were told that typically only one robe is placed in the rooms.
Response by Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Thank you for your feedback. We do only provide one robe per room but our staff is accessible for any, and all calls for assistance. We also have several different types of rooms as the hotel was converted from a former VA hospital and Fulton office space. We have a wide array of rooms and views for you to discover. We look forward to future stays with us. Sincerely, Paul Newmaster General Manager
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
Kate
"I love Pittsburgh !"
Perfect in every way!
Response by Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Thank you for staying at the Renaissance Pittsburgh! Paul Newmaster General Manager
1 night trip Jan 11, 2014