All hotels in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America

Clean
  • Value
    Poor value for money
"Unacceptable!"
We stayed at the hotel two nights. As we went to bed the first night, we realized the sheets and blankets were smelling, and the door was resonating and making noise because of the air conditioning / heating system. And to top it all off, the AC was blowing directly on one of the beds. The next day, the sheets were changed to clean and nice ones, also different than the type they had the first day. There is no excuse for putting old sheets on the beds. It was disgusting, and not what we needed after a long day. The fact that they had better ones available but did not provide them the first day - really?! The room was dated - the furniture and rug past their prime, same about the wallpaper peeling off in the bathroom. Not what you would expect at $350+ per night, in any room.
Response by Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay with us. I want to apologize for the issues you experienced with your guest room. We take your comments seriously, and we have informed the proper staff of the issue. I am excited to let you know that we will be undergoing a renovation at the end of the year in all guest rooms, and some other guest areas! I hope you will join us again when the renovation is complete, and let us know what you think! Sincerely, Sarah Karachristos Public Relations Manager Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Other trip Jun 7, 2015
SD
"Not worth the price"
When you pay over $300 for a room you expect for it to be a in very nice shape and cozy... Our room was tiny and my bill ended up being near $400.. No "benefits". The bar in the hotel was expensive and very inconvenient hours... I would have been better off at a $100/night hotel...
Response by Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Andrew, Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. We hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Pittsburgh. Sincerely, Sarah Karachristos Public Relations Manager Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
1 night business trip May 30, 2015
ANdrew
"amazing place"
it was a get away for myself and husband. The place was awesome and the staff was amazing there...very friendly and respectful staff...
2 night romance trip May 29, 2015
Betsy
"Highly Recommended"
This is not my first or last stay, always excellent customer service and clean relaxing rooms!
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
"girls weekend"
Great choice for the Kenny Chesney concert! Great location and restaurant choices.
2 night trip with friends May 29, 2015
"Reinassance Pittsburgh"
We stayed overnight on a weekday. The service is very courteous and professional. Rooms and bathrooms are very large and have a balanced mix of traditional and contemporary styles. We chose to have breakfast in the hotel although it was not included in the price. The service was very friendly and (again) very professional and the food was EXCELLENT.
1 night family trip May 26, 2015
Beautiful hotel! Perfect walking distance to the ball park and many many restaurants.
Other trip May 29, 2015
"Queen bed for 3 adults, really?"
Booked and confirmed through hotels.com for 3 adults, we were given a room with a queen sized bed and no rollaway, but promised one at noon, because they stated they don't get correct information from hotels.com. After several inquiries, no bed and none available. At 11 pm, offer to give comforters for floor! Offer to give $50 off, more rewards points, and eventually free breakfast. Miraculously, several minutes later a bed was found. A hotel claiming to be 4 star needs to get it's act together. The room at Springhill Suites north shore had more amenities, the free breakfast was much better, and the rate was half the cost.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
"Road trip"
We just stayed one night on a road trip. Friendly staff and great location.
1 night romance trip May 17, 2015
Colin
"Great night's sleep!"
Went to a concert at a nearby theater. This hotel was in walking distance of great eateries, bars, other theaters, and plenty of things to do. Very convenient and nice location. The room was very comfortable. Slept absolutely amazingly in a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was spacious and very nice. I got confused about parking, never having been to Pittsburgh before. But, there is a parking garage across the street and also around the corner. I would definitely stay here again!
Other trip May 14, 2015
OutOfTowner
Relaxing time with pleasant staff and good food.........
Other trip May 10, 2015
"Over priced"
Did not get the room we wanted.Room was small not worth the price. Had to ask for the bathrobes.Front desk staff not overly informative.Would not reccomend.
Response by Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay. I apologize that you did not get the room you requested. We aim to provide exceptional guest service, and it seems we have fallen short this time. I hope that you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future, so that we may exceed your expectations. Sincerely, Sarah Karachristos Public Relations Manager
1 night romance trip May 3, 2015
mike
"Location is Key, The Rest is Just Added Bliss"
My husband and I stayed for a weekend away. Pittsburgh is a heck of a town and we are already planning a visit again in the future! The Renaissance was the perfect location for our stay, it was downtown within walking distance of most things we wanted to do (The Strip, the Square, dining, etc.). The places that weren't within walking distance we were able to walk a few blocks to use the "T" for free. The hotel was beautiful and when we checked in our concierge person was very personable and friendly. I recommend this hotel for sure, and we'll probably stay here for our future trip to Pittsburgh! :)
Response by Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Thank you for your review. I'm so glad to hear that we were able to help you discover the wonderful city of Pittsburgh! We are looking forward to your next stay with us! Sincerely, Sarah Karachristos Public Relations Manager
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Sheri
My wife and I stayed here while celebrating our anniversary. The staff was very friendly, helpful and attentive. We had a great view from our room overlooking the river and both the baseball and football stadium. Market Square and the cultural district were within walking distance. There was a parking garage right across the street which was very affordable. Will definitely stay here again the next time we are in Pittsburgh!
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Nice hotel, nice view, front river"
River side walk Walk to eat dinner Wake up seeing beautiful river
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Christopher
"not close enough to our event"
parking was a hassle and no real extra features to make me want to stay there again.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
"Perfect Hotel for Visiting Pittsburgh"
We encountered the Renaissance hotel through an Expedia Unpublished Rate deal, making the nightly rate half of its normal price. We could not have picked a better hotel during our visit to Pittsburgh; the location, the facilities, the amenities and cleanliness all contribute to this hotel's 4 star rating! The lobby is beautiful, the rooms are very clean and wonderfully decorated (also quite spacious). Our view was of the river front and sports complex. The hotel is situated in downtown Pittsburgh, walking distance to a variety of restaurants and the sports complex. Note: valet is necessary, it's $34 per day but allows you to leave and return as many times as you need throughout the day We will absolutely stay here on our next Pittsburgh visit!
CP
"Very nice hotel"
Like this hotel. Had booked a king bed but received queen. Also pillows were small and hard. The 2 of us didn't sleep well as a result. Front desk made it right by by our breakfasts. Beautiful hotel, great location, good service. Despite bed we will return.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
The front desk people were a bit difficult, but other than that, the stay was fantastic.
"Anniversary get away"
This hotel was wonderful. Clean, comfortable, and the staff was really helpful. It's close to a lot of great restaurants and a short walk to pnc park, which we had a great view of. Overall it was a great stay.
Response by Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel! We're glad you enjoyed your stay! Sarah Karachristos Public Relations Manager
2 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
HANNAH
"10 Years Pittsburgh PA"
Awesome Hotel awesome location Had a excellent time
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
dawn
"Nicest hotel I have ever stayed at."
Beautiful older hotel that has been renovated beautifully. This hotel is SO clean, comfortable, and convenient. Parking was right across the street and it was only $7 a day to park. The dinner service in the restaurant was fantastic.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Megan
"Long time between visits"
This wonderful hotel is showing signs of wear. Room furnishings are overdue for updating. That being said, the staff is extremely courteous and personable. Oh, and did I say that the dirty pickle martinis are spectacular in the lobby bar??? ...well, they are something special.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
We stayed here for a bachelorette party and loved every minute!
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
The room was very spacious. I had a room with 2 queen beds. The iPod docking station was a big plus. The bed was very comfortable and the hotel and staff were great.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Great Restaurant Beautiful Hotel Wonderful Weekend"
We were graciously upgraded to a room on the 14th floor overlooking Pittsburgh's North Shore, the Allegheny River, PNC Park & Heinz Field. The room was quiet with a very soothing decor. The bathroom was huge & had a jacuzzi tub & very spacious shower. Maurice, the gentleman at the front desk was friendly, courteous & very professional. Bellman Brendan was very courteous & assured us that if he had any questions or problems he would do whatever it took to address our needs. Braddock's American Brasserie restaurant was outstanding. Everyone treated us like royalty. My wife's steak was very tender & my salmon was cooked perfectly, Chef Megan, waitress Amber. Manager Eric & Asst manager Cassidy could not have been more accommodating. I highly recommend The Renaissance & Braddock's American Brasserie restaurant.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
"Pretty good experience"
Hotel was beautiful....the view from our window, not so much. The only thing visible was the air unit on the roof : f
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
Tera
"Nice overall"
Hotel overall was nice. Housekeeping is slow, arriving three days at 5pm to clean the room. Porter that meets you at the curb take your bags only to the check in desk. You have to tip another bell boy to get them to your room. We had to shorten one reservation by two nights and hotels.com made us cancel and rebook those two nights at the current, higher rate, which I have never come across before. Overall a good stay with some irritations.
2 night family trip Feb 12, 2015
"Walkable"
We were able to walk to many restaurants.
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
Michele
"Nice Hotel in Downtown Pittsburgh"
We stayed at the hotel for a concert being held nearby. The staff was friendly. The hotel was centrally located. We had a very good experience. The parking garage was right next door and there were plenty of restaurants located nearby. I would stay at this hotel again.
"Pittsburgh Luxury"
Had an extremely nice stay in the Renaissance hotel. Centrally located and very close to the theaters. Our King room looked more like a suite, very spacious and clean with a beautiful view of the arch and river from our bedroom window. My only issues were after we left the hotel. On returning home I realized that I had left an item in the room and that we had been charged twice for the room as we had prepaid. At this point, 4 days later, all I have been able to do is leave voice messages requesting a call back. I'm sure it will be resolved just the length of time it is taking is an annoyance.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"Birthday night at the theater"
Perfect location for dinner and theater downtown. The room was perfectly comfortable and beautiful. The view was a stunning view of the Sixth Street Bridge. Staff was courteous and friendly and we had the best homemade potato chips at the bar. All staff went out of their way to be courteous and helpful. A perfect overnight celebration.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Marie
Stayed at hotel for Garth Brooks Concert. Very friendly and courteous staff. Hotel found us a car service to take us to concert venue. Very clean and comfortable beds. Right across the street from parking deck. Parking deck has only 6'5" of clearance. So make sure you drive a smaller vehicle.
1 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2015
Lance
"noisy bathroom and terrible view"
stay was good however the view was looking at the air-conditioner/heater unit and the vibration noise coming from the bathroom walls were rediculous
1 night trip Feb 7, 2015
Overall it was a very nice stay. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. Also the restaurant in the Hotel had great food, drinks, and service. I defiantly would recommend staying here.
2 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
Janine
"Couples get away."
Very nice stay. Love the decor. Parking isn't great but okay.
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
Good location but the hotel is old It is a classic hotle Close to river There is different restrurents close to hotle
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
the room was great. Very clean. The beds were comfortable and it was everything we would expect
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
Staff were extremely helpful! Made us feel very welcome. Room was very comfortable and clean. Loved our stay and woul come back again!
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"Super hotel in the heart of downtown!"
We got a great deal on this 4 star hotel via Expedia. We just couldn't decide on any other place for $130 or more and shamefully waited almost until the last moment. We saw that 1 of the 6 downtown 4-star hotels had a "super deal" and went for it. My only hesitation was parking and were we ever fortunate - there was a city lot RIGHT ACROSS the street. We checked in at 22:00, left the hotel the next morning @ 09:00 and then rode the subway, an incline, the subway again and then walked to the Strip District. We finally left the parking garage at 16:30, and our total parking bill was only $12.00. We would have had more than that in visiting, driving and parking in all of the places we went. Only 2 small issues in the room. Our shower was great - but it would not totally turn OFF - it leaked slightly and we never could get it shut off. Also, I did not notice a fan in the bathroom (?), but only after a moment or two with the bathroom door ajar, our mirror was steam free. Room was super clean, very large, staff was great. I'd certainly stay there again! And actually, it's less than a block from several of the downtown theaters. It crossed our mind that if we ever come back to town for a show, THIS would be a GREAT place to stay for a show!
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
"Hotel not worth the price."
Hotel was not worth the price. Save your money and stay at the Comfort Inn.
Response by Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that you were not happy with your stay with us. I can assure you that your experience was the exception and not the rule at our hotel. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove it. Sincerely, Paul Newmaster General Manager
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"A cold nite"
I stayed at the Renaissance in January, during a "zero degree" cold stretch. I loved the decor and cleanliness of the hotel and upgraded to a river view room. Unfortunately with the big window and view came the inability for the heat to keep my room above 70 degrees. I could barely get out of bed.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Novice
"Very nice accommodations, in cultural district"
Met at door by very efficient bellman during very cold conditions. Convenient parking garage right across street. Beautiful room with excellent view of PNC Park and North Shore. Braddock's restaurant in hotel - delicious food with excellent service. We were within walking distance of all the major venues in the cultural district. Staff very friendly and accommodating.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
"Beautiful hotel great staff"
Great experience. Super fast valet friendly staff. Would definitely stay again!
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Great Location / excellent room"
Located in the heart of the renewing city. In midst of food, entertainment and drink options. Rooms were excellent - best HVAC for me in recent years.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Last minute trip booked the night before. The hotel is very well decorated and the room was very nice. Extra large bathroom.
Wendy
"NO SMOCKING."
When we entered the room, it looked very clean,but then I saw a bottle of Pepsi with about 20 cigarette butts in it. I thought we were in a no smocking room? Could you explain this?
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
janet
"Good hotel in midst of cultural district"
Room was small but adequate. Window looked at wall of another building.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Very nice!"
It was our first trip to Pittsburgh and we had a wonderful experience. Great town, great hotel and great entertainment. We would definitely do it again.
2 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
Staff nice. My husbands vehicle would not fit in their garage. He had to self park. Wish valet would add an option where they would still park for you.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014