All hotels in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
3610 Gateway Boulevard NW34th Ave and Calgary Trail NW, EdmontonABT6J 7H8Canada, ‏‎855-238-1592

Great pool
    Breakfast is average
  • Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
    Food is not good
"Nice hotel near West Edmonton Mall"
Very nice staffs, comfort room and very clean, good swimming pool with slide (kids love it). Breakfast is good.
5 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Henry
"Decent Hotel for the price"
Free Breakfast is horrible, but free I guess. Compared to others, not good, no hot food other that toast or frozen waffle to warm up. Kids enjoyed the swimming pool, but it's small and was busy.
Response by Super 8 Edmonton South
Dear Guest, We apologize that our breakfast menu did not meet your expectations. What we are serving are more than the standard of Super 8, the reason we called it Enhanced Breakfast. We added yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cheese, muffins and frozen waffles, so that our guest will have more options. We will try to look any possibilities to improve more in our breakfast selections. We appreciate your feedback. Weekends with the team will always be a challenge in the pool area and we apologize again for that. Nice to know that your kids enjoyed it in spite of so busy that time. You are always welcome in our Super 8 family and hopefully you will give us another chance to stay with us soon. Thank you for your business. Sincerely yours, Juvy Santos Hotel Manager
3 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Rob
"Praiseworthy"
Overall we were very satisfied with the Super 8 Edmonton South. Especially impressive and praiseworthy was the honesty shown by the person that cleaned our room after we checked out, and then by the office personnel when we returned in panic to report that I had left a jacket with my wallet containing credit cards, ID, etc. in the inside pocket in the room closet. To our great relief,the jacket and wallet had been brought intact to the office, and after requesting that I identify them, they were kindly returned to me with our sincere gratitude, and we were able to proceed home. Very noteworthy to say the least, in regards to this hotel.
1 night family trip Nov 5, 2014
Jody
"hotel is in convenient location.."
short stay not fair to assess hotel on a short stay duration
Other trip Apr 4, 2014
"Comfortable and spacious"
When I first got there I was impressed. One notable thing that got a sour taste in my mouth was that the ad on Hotels.com said there are roll away beds available. This was not true. When I asked the front desk gave me two mats the same kind used in jr. high gym class for aerobics for beds. But over all the room was spacious and clean as well as comfortable.
1 night trip Mar 26, 2014
"close to amenities"
I was disappointed that the pool was down, when I booked my room earlier in the day I specifically asked and it was working then.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2013
"Fast Slide!!!"
Awesome waterside. Rooms were very noisy, could hear everything going on in the next room and floor above. Dirty in the corners of the bathroom.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Most likely will stay somewhere else next time...."
The hotel did not have any extra pillows, there was one per person at least but we ended up buying a couple extra cheap ones from walmart. We found the room to be quite small even thought it was supposed to be a family suite. The photos online made it look a lot larger. The breakfast was sub-par compared with most other hotels. There were thawed floppy eggo style waffles, english muffins, bread, and some cold hard boiled eggs. The usual condiments were there and cereal was available but it was far from the quality of other hotels free breakfasts.
3 night family trip Mar 25, 2016
bradley
"weekend kids holiday"
Room was clean, good size, tv had not alot of kids channels, pool was good for preteen kids. Bthrooms need to be updated. Wasn't to keen on how the bathroom was set up; the sink was outside of the bathroom with the mirror, so you had to get dressed before you could dry your hair or get ready.
1 night family trip Mar 24, 2016
Joanne
"Beware of pet charges"
Booked a pet friendly room on hotels.com and was charged extra, when we checked in the wanted to charge $15 for the pet and were not willing to remove the charge even though on my receipt it said room paid in full. The hotel staff would rather argue over $15 than keep a happy customer. We will not be going there again.
Response by Super 8 Edmonton South
Thank you for your feedback on your stay. I am sorry that you weren't aware of the pet fees. We do our best to ensure that all websites have the correct information about our hotel and whether there will be extra fees. On the very bottom of the Hotels.com website for our hotel, it does indicate what the charge is for pets. I have included it below. We always want our guest's to be happy and enjoy their stay it. We will try and ensure those fees are clearer so the guest is not surprised at check in. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. We do appreciate it. Super 8 Edmonton South’s small print Policies The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation. Optional extras Pets are allowed for an extra charge of CAD 15.00 per pet, per night. Sincerely, Karen Naylor General Manager
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2016
Andre
We got a suit and you count even sit on the chouch and watch tv because the tv was beside the door bed wasn't make we had to put are own sheet on and we asked for bedding and they gave us one blanket..
Response by Super 8 Edmonton South
Thank you for providing some feedback on your stay. My sincere apologies that we did not meet your expectations. We do not make up the pull out couches because the sheets get ripped in the mechanisms. That is why we leave them folded. My apologies for that. Unfortunately the design of the room is a little harder to change but I still do appreciate your comments. We will look if there is any way to reconfigure the seating. Thank you again. Sincerely, Karen Naylor General Manager
2 night family trip Feb 19, 2016
"Nice!"
Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was super friendly. Kids loved the pool and waterslide. Hotel is nice and close to Ikea and lots of other places to shop!
Response by Super 8 Edmonton South
Dear Guest, Thank you for your WONDERFUL review of your experience with our hotel Super 8 Edmonton, South. We are very happy for giving us a FIVE STAR RECOMMENDATION and that you find our staff SUPER FRIENDLY and for being SATISFIED on our CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE ROOMS. We are looking forward to delight you again on your next visit with your kids that LOVED our pool and waterslide.
1 night family trip Feb 18, 2016
"Good Service"
I enjoyed the stay, the staff were excellent however not in their control the kids and the sports teams were terrible up late and loud running up and down the halls, was difficult to get my toddler to sleep and stay asleep.
Response by Super 8 Edmonton South
I appreciate your feedback on your stay. Thank you for your comments on the teams. I have reviewed this with our staff so that we have better mechanisms to deal with large groups/teams especially when they get noisy. It can be a challenge sometimes, but the feedback is good for us to find ways of improving. Thank you again, Karen Naylor General Manager
2 night family trip Feb 4, 2016
maria
"Thank you"
Everything was great. Breakfast was awesome too. Very good value.
1 night family trip Jan 16, 2016
brandon
The hotel clerks were very nice, the room was clean, bed was comfortable. The only problem was the pool and hot tub area. It didn't seem to be kept up well. The hot tub felt grimy at the bottom of my feet, it wasn't hot enough either. The pool with the waterslide was a bit on the to cool side as well. Other then that great stay.
1 night romance trip Jan 7, 2016
"Good for people on a tight budget."
Water slide & pool was great for kids and relaxing. Also, the hotel is right next door to Denny's and other good restaurants. It is also close to shopping at South Common.
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2015
"OK hotel."
Pretty much everything was great about this hotel. The 'free breakfast' was the only downfall as this was a limited selection of anything that would resemble a proper breakfast meal. That said, the staff was friendly, the rooms were clean and the rates were reasonable.
3 night business trip Dec 27, 2015
Great as always!
Response by Super 8 Edmonton South
Dear Guest, We are happy with your Great comments about our hotel, Super 8 Edmonton South! All of us are looking forward to see you again soon. Thank you for the business and recommendations. Sincerely, Juvy santos
2 night family trip Nov 22, 2015
"Good Value for Money"
Good experience
Response by Super 8 Edmonton South
Dear Guest, We are so glad that you had a GREAT experience during your recent visit with us, Super 8 Edmonton South! Our Super 8 family always looking forward to see you back on your next travel plan. We appreciate your recommendations! Kind Regards, Juvy Santos
1 night family trip Nov 20, 2015
"Excellent choice"
Good location near shopping, restaurants, main roads. Very clean, Access to computer, printer and internet for free. Good breakfast. Nice bedding and modern building with nice pool and water slide.
Other trip Oct 30, 2015
"good location for south Edmonton."
only downside was that the hot tub was shut down and internet was down one day.
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
"Cheap, clean and FREE Breakfast!"
I usually travel to Edmonton 4-5 a year and I always stay at the Super 8. I'd say its an average hotel, good location, offers breakfast. I have never had any issues with this hotel. I would continue to stay at the Super 8.
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
Crystal
This has been the worst stay for business that I have had in over a year. Would not recommend to anyone
3 night business trip Sep 30, 2015
Christine
"Excellent value and amenities"
We stayed 3 nights while visiting relatives nearby. The hotel staff were very friendly, the continental breakfast was extensive, with healthy options, and the room was very comfortable. (Not only a king sized bed, but also a king sized easy chair to lounge in). Room also had a fridge and microwave, for added convenience. The location is very convenient, and surprisingly quiet, but not particularly attractive. The pool area was being maintained while we were there, but looked very attractive, with a spa and pool slide available. Would definitely recommend it or book it again ourselves.
3 night romance trip Sep 30, 2015
Linda A.
"A+"
Very nice receptionist
1 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
"Ok pool was good but thin walls"
The walls are very thin and you can hear everyone. The rooms were small but comfortable. The bathroom was awkward but clean. The breakfast was standard but the hardboiled eggs were a nice addition also the breaky lady was very pleasant. The pool was good unfortunately the hot tub was out of commission due to a health incident a day before we got there and remained so for the few days we were there and remained when we left. My husband witnessed 3 drug deals though as a family seemed to be living there dealing?
2 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
Brandi
"great place"
Great location, very friendly reception staff
2 night romance trip Aug 30, 2015
Gabriela
"Expect to be disappointed"
First room that I checked into was not clean. Was willing to overlook the hair in the bathtub but when the blankets were pulled back and found to be dirty and found hair in the sheets I had to complain. Staff were accommodating and move us to a different room right away although the second room was still not as clean as could be. The first time in the pool found that the smell of chlorine was overpowering and strong and subsequently found the pool closed the next morning. That evening the pool was open and the chlorine level was better.
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
"Great for a Stopover"
We stayed at Super 8 for one night while returning from a short vacation trip. The room was clean, comfortable, and reasonable spacious. We had our dog with us and were able to reserve a pet-friendly room, which was on the ground floor with outside access (at the end of the hall) to a grassed area with waste bags and a garbage can. The included breakfast was reasonable with breads, cereal, fruit, and yogurt available. The Super 8 Edmonton South is in a commercial area and not particularly close to attractions, but it was great for a one-night stopover.
1 night romance trip Aug 23, 2015
"Good place to stay and close to everything"
From check-in to check-out, our stay was pleasant. Staff were efficient and helpful. This location has easy access to major routes, making it easy to get around. The room was clean and kept clean during our stay.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
"Nice hotel close to Denny's which Is great"
Stayed one night but going back again tonigt to go chec out water park at mall which is not too far away
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
Corinna
"Close to major roadways"
The hotel staff were knowledgeable, and friendly. The hotel staff were organized and helpful.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
Love this gotel. Decent pool, big rooms, good breakfast, discount WEM tickets
4 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
Our kids loved the water slide and the breakfast was great. Love that u serve hardboiled eggs in the shell instead if preshelled processed eggs. Tastes way better!
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Leah
"Good hotel, lousy Wi-fi"
Stay was ok. They need to make the Wi-fi work better though.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
Norman
Came into town to spend some time with my grandson . Booked into this hotel because of the water slide! It was prefect , lots of fun , room was comfortable we had a nice stay .
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Near where we wanted to be"
Getting a little dated but it was clean and comfortable for the price. Only complaint is we stayed on the fourth floor and the water pressure for the shower was a joke. I have stayed in at least 20 hotel rooms and this shower had by far the worst pressure.
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
"Room/ pool cleanliness is a concern. Rest is OK"
Overall it was good.....Location is fantastic. Parking is easily available Ice machine/ Morning breakfast are the good facility.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
"Great little saltwater pool with a fast waterslide"
Check in was seamless, rooms were clean and bed we're comfortable. Breakfast waa great!!! Kids and I loved the pool(saltwater). We would definitely stay there again!
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
"Great for families"
Clean, easy to get to, has a waterside and free breakfast. In my family that's a win!
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Tara
Very close to restaurants and shops. Nice pool and water slide
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
Cindy
"Room was clean & breakfast was good!"
It was nice having a separate bedroom and a livingroom/kitchen. Good price too!
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
"Clean room, quiet night."
Clean room ,staff was friendly, good location .
1 night romance trip Jun 15, 2015
"Great Price Hotel.. Water slide and Beeakfast!"
It was clean great price and close to where we needed to be..
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Sher
"Good value, Edmonton South"
Business trip. One night stay. Good value for money. Plan to come back.
Response by Super 8 Edmonton South
Dear Guest, We appreciate your wonderful review of our hotel, Super 8 Edmonton South! We are so delighted that everything went well on your business trip stay with us. Looking forward to welcoming you back as part of our Super 8 family. Thank you for your business. Sincerely, Juvy Santos, Hotel Manager
1 night business trip Jun 22, 2015
Geoffrey
"no"
Breakfast was stale, I found hair, not mine, on the towels, counters, pillows and floor.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Okay. Good for a quick, non-luxury, trip."
The hotel was okay. The bottom of our tub was gross, so we were not able to give our son a bath when he needed one after to pool. The beds were so loud when you rolled over I thought it would wake our son. But, my sister and I booked on separate websites, but we're able to call and get adjoining rooms still, so that was nice.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
"location!"
Great location! Within walking distance of many stores and restaurants.
Response by Super 8 Edmonton South
Thank-you for choosing the Super 8 Edmonton South. We appreciate your feed back and we are happy that our hotel can be in a awesome location for you! We look forward to having you stay with us again! thank you!
1 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
Jaclyn
"Simple room, empty bottles"
Room was not properly cleaned upon arrival, empty bottles of coolers were left beside the microwave.
Response by Super 8 Edmonton South
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Super 8 Edmonton South. We apologise that the room was not cleaned properly, we do try and ensure that all of our rooms are double checked before guests enter to make sure that your stay is the best stay possible. If you would please make things like this known to the staff so that we may get you another room to enjoy your stay in. We hope that you will give us another chance at the Super 8 Edmonton South to show you that we take pride in our hotel and our rooms.
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
"nice pool and tub"
Clean and comfy place in a perfect location, close to downtown and surrounded by all amenities. Pool and hot tub are nice and very well maintained. Breakfast is just ok, toast and coffee kind of thing.
3 night trip Jun 14, 2015