All hotels in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
3610 Gateway Boulevard NW, 34th Ave and Calgary Trail NW, Edmonton, AB, T6J 7H8, Canada, ‏‎855-238-1592

"Great stopover with some nice perks."
We enjoyed our stay at Super 8 South immensely. Very friendly staff greeted us and were there to clean in a courteous and thorough manner. Pool and hot tub were great...a nice relax at the end of the day. No complaints about the breakfast...basic but all there in good supply. A hotel that appeals to all ages and especially families. Highly recommend!!
"Overnight in Edmonton"
Don't usually stay at this hotel while in Edmonton, but rooms were in short supply due to the rodeo. The lobby was nice and they have a pool with waterslide and hot tub, so would be a good choice for a young family who are looking to keep the kids entertained. The rooms were quite dated and fairly small. I didn't expect a new hotel room, but I did expect that when renovating the lobby they might have put in some new fixtures/updates in the actual rooms. The bed was comfortable enough and it was a nice quiet hotel.
PJ
"Good Hotel to stay in."
Good Hotel. We'll stay there again. Staff very accommodating; even adjusted the hot tub temperature for us. Was reasonably priced and good value.
3 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
Darren
"Pet Friendly Room"
We just got a puppy - this was our first pet friendly room. I was not impressed with overall cleanliness or comfort level of room - bad smell, hard bed, floor casing (trim) removed. Our dog was very well behaved, perhaps others aren't. Great location, breakfast ok.
1 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
"Nice appearance not comfy"
Bed was TERRIBLE. very uncomfortable the room was nice but the couch with hidabed was old and well used
2 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
Sara
"Super 8 South Edmonton"
The hotel seems as tho it was recently renovated and overall is not in bad condition - and the staff was great. A few issues (1) found hair in our bathtub and hanging from one the towels in the bathroom (2) each bed only had two pillows and a very thin bedspread and sheet (3) the sink and mirror is not in the bathroom - its in the bedroom area which does not give much privacy (4) the pool and hot tub is great for families but the bathroom/change room in the pool area was filthy and in major disprepair.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
Cindy
"Won't stay again"
Beds were ok, weren't expecting much. Disappointed in all the rust in the bathtub (didnt feel right bathing our babies in there) pool area was in poor condition with stains on the deck area and unfinished repairs to the hot tub. We felt the building was too new to be that worn out. Staff was very friendly and continental breakfast was nice. Overall not clean enough for babies.
Response by Super 8 Edmonton South
Dear Guest, We are so sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. We will definitely look after with these maintenance issues.. It is through comments such as yours help us improve our guest experiences and better Customer Service. We appreciate your business in the past and we take pleasure welcoming you back in our hotel Sincerely, Juvy Santos Hotel Manager
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Lorenzo
"Good hotel with a pool and waterslide."
We had a short family reunion there and the kids had a great time in the pool and waterslide. Staff was friendly and very accommodating.
Response by Super 8 Edmonton South
Dear Guest, We want to say Thank You for your positive review about our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Looking forward to see you again on your next travel plan. We appreciate your business. Kind regards, Juvy Santos Hotel Manager
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Wendy
"Our hotel was alright, near to places we were went"
Our girls enjoyed the water slide & hot tub. We found the shower water pressure was poor. The elevator was slow. Otherwise our room was fine. Continental Breakfast was all right. It would have been nicer to have scrambled eggs too!
Response by Super 8 Edmonton South
Dear Guest, We appreciate your time taking reviews. We are happy to know that your girls had some fun with the slides.We make it a practice to share all our guest's comments with all staff and managements to help us improve our services to the best we can. We will try to look after any possibilities to add more stuff in our breakfast selections. You are most welcome to visit us back in our hotel. Sincerely, Juvy Santos Hotel Manager
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Family of 4
very good and affordable.
2 night business trip Oct 5, 2014
Phil Sedgwick
"na"
na
1 night business trip Oct 2, 2014
marc
"Edmonton Oct 2014"
Good location. standard hotel for a super 8, breakfast could be better but was ok. Basic cable is no longer adiquite for hotels. Wifi could be better. I had to use my phone as a hot spot to download some files.
1 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
RMT
"Good, Clean Hotel in Edmonton"
Overall a very nice hotel located nicely with access to all major thoroughfares allowing you to easily navigate the city. The suite style room we had was excellent for small children as the separate living room / bedroom was perfect. The kitchenette with microwave and fridge was very useful for leftovers and small meals.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
"Don't Stay here"
The rooms had beds that you could feel every spring because they were so old and the room smelt like old socks. I had to wipe up some water I spilt on the floor and used the white hotel towel which turned black from the filth of the floor. When I brought this to the managers attention she said "You prepaid for your room, what do you expect me to do about it"
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
royan
"Slow elevator"
It was a okay place to stay just should've been cheaper
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2014
"Nice Hotel in the South End"
We stayed because of the pool. We had it all to ourselves, so that was really nice. The slide was crazy fast, a little too much for my 4 year olds. The room was nice, nothing great but clean and comfortable. The breakfast was nice too, no bells or whistles but it was sufficient to get us on our way. My kids prefer cereal anyway! Good experience all in all.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Billyeah
"Hotel was clean and staff friendly"
Our experience was great. Rooms were spacious and clean. The breakfast room was very good. Stayed here before due to the location and access to shops near by.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
"In the city for an appointment"
The room was clean, and the staff were professional and accommodating. Any questions we had were answered promptly. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast since there was a decent variety, more so than I've had at more expensive hotels. The pool was unavailable our first night for water treatment. It's good to see that the facility is regularly maintained for the safety of the guests. I rather enjoyed the stay here
3 night trip Sep 7, 2014
Pam
"Don't Bother"
I showed up for my stay, only to find out that the pool was closed. When it was explained, I was lied to and told I could leave if I didn't like it. I complained to the manager the next day who told me a whole new excuse, and didn't bother to compensate me in any way. I had only booked that hotel because of the pool and water slide. The rate wasn't great, so I suggest looking elsewhere!
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"convenient location, not luxurious but ok"
When did hotels start charging $100+ per night for a basic room? This hotel is not very luxurious, but will do for us blue collar guys.
1 night business trip Sep 3, 2014
Nick
"it was not that good"
Well when we first walked in the reception was on the phone. She did not acknowledge that we were there pool was down with any company without letting us know.tickets for the water park was $4 more than what they were at the Edmonton Mall and the management actually argued with us at when we first walked in we will not be going back there ever ever
2 night family trip Sep 2, 2014
"Well Situated Hotel"
Our stay was both very enjoyable and pleasant. The staff and service was excellent and they were very understanding because when we came to check in we were not registered having a pet even though I had enter that information at the time of booking with you folks. They quickly made room changes and we were able to settle in for our stay. We predominately choose this hotel because it was pet friendly and the location with quick access to major thoroughfares. It could have been a challenge when we weren't registered with coming with a pet and I would suggest there be a better way to confirm a booking indicating our pet was registered.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Gerry
"Basic hotel close to train station"
Went to a concert, and park and rode from century park station. Easy, nice accommodation, good pool.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
mandy
"Disaapointing"
The hotel was full and understaffed. We came back to the room at 2:30 p.m. and the room had not yet been cleaned or made up or replenished with coffee, etc. The elevators were slower than they are in a seniors home, may as well take the stairs. The staff was friendly but too much work for the few scheduled staff. The manager should be fired for not getting more staff on when the hotel was completely full for the entire weekend.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"No blankets"
We stayed at the super 8 for one night. We called in advance to get our rooms close together which they kindly arranged and asked for two bed per room. There was a queen and a pullout couch. Fine. The problem was that there were only two light sheets for the pullout, no blankets. When we went to the front desk to ask for more they said they were out. After much discussion they found blankets from another room for my niece but could only provide me with bedspreads. Disappointing. The pool was fun for the kids.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
disappointed
"Location was the only good thing."
The pool was small, the elevator had a bad smell and when we turned on the air conditioner the room was covered in a layer of thick dust overnight. The bed was ok but the bathroom was so small you have to stand beside the toilet to open the door. A few good stores within walking distance and the Denny's was really good.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
"Housekeeping staff is amazing"
At first we had a bad taste of the staff, the front desk girl wasn't hospitable at all . Other then that the management and head housekeeper we're phenomenal . It was our first time traveling with our 6 week old baby and they did everything possible to accommodate our needs. Highly recomended. Decent breakfast too.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
ashlee
We had a great stay at the Supper 8. The location was great. The pool / slide and hot tub were great. Breakfast was great but could change things every other morning.... Instead of the same things.. But no complaints about the food. Room was clean but they could take a few extra minutes once in a while to clean behind the dressers and fridge... We did notice the dust.. But that is the same in most hotels I have been in... The beds could use an Upgrade.. But again.. We paid $105 / night.. So I didn't expect the bed that I have seen in Hotels for $250/night.. Overall I will stay there the next time I go to Edmonton.. Thanks
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
"good room good price"
we rented this room and it was a ggod room at a fair price
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
Brad
"We liked it"
We had no problem with anything! Will stay again!
4 night business trip Aug 17, 2014
"Nice hotel, close to shopping outlets"
Very quiet, conducive for rest. Well kept facilities and very efficient hotel employees
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
jen
Always stay here when we are in edmonton. Kids love it.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Laurie
"Allergy alert"
This is an older hotel and we stayed only one night and my sons allergies and mine went through the roof. On first appearance it seems clean but there is something in there that set off the allergies. The pool was fun. Breakfast was sparse and not great.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Pat
"A decent hotel"
All the basics are there. Hotel is in clean and well maintained. Everything is what you would expect for the rates they charge. The complimentary breakfast leaves much to be desired. Thankfully you're walking distance to the Denny's restaurant.
2 night trip Aug 19, 2014
Great location, close to major shopping centers and freeways to get around the city.
5 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2014
sskipper
"Its okay"
The hotel was nice, not in the greatest location, however plenty of stuff around. The pool was good, slide was overrated, but nice for the kids, the breakfast was good. Even though that we had used hotels.com to pay for the night, they still needed a 50.00 deposit for the room. Also, it was a non smoking room, but it smelt like smoke.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Brad
"Continental Breakfast"
Stayed here for 3 years in a row. Disappointed how some items from the breakfast are no longer served.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Too Hot for Comfort"
+30 outside and in our room. Air conditioning was busted and when we advised hotel staff they didn't accommodate our family of 4 to another room or even give us any type of gift certificate or refund.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Amber
"UG!! Such a disappointment"
We've stayed at the super8 a few times now so I don't know what happened. The first night we got there we requested a plunger. No one asked why or if we needed help at all. The next morning the stupid toilet backed up again and still nothing, that evening I mentioned it and at that point they asked if we wanted to switch rooms. Um..we're leaving first thing in the morning, why bother now. It was then that they said "well we can't offer you any sort of credit or free stay because you booked your stay externally and are prepaid" Yep, first and last time with you. That combined with the horrible bed, so hard and uncomfortable. Super 8, you let us down this time.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Sheila
"Very nice stay"
Clean and comfortable... nice stay
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2014
"Not a next time"
The room was clean but out dated. The waterside was great fun for the boys but hot tub was not hot and the bathroom in pool area was not nice at all. Breakfast was small and not much options.
2 night trip Aug 6, 2014
Lange
"Easy access on and off highway 2."
Fast check in and check out. The room was clean and ready for us. The pillows were great. The bathroom was good. The hotel was family friendly. The pool and hot tub were nice. The breakfast variety was disappointing. We would stay again in this hotel as we were not expecting a 5 star hotel.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
ken
close to shopping and ease of getting around Edmonton on main route into town, hotel was quiet even though it was quite full
3 night trip Jul 24, 2014
senior
"close to airport and close to restaurants shopping"
very pleasant, kids loved the pool and breakfast included a variety to satisfy both adults and kids.
6 night trip Jul 15, 2014
SUE
"Great access from major highway."
This hotel has easy access from a major route entering south Edmonton. This is a good place to stay for both business and personal. A very comfortable place and close to shopping and the University of Alberta.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"It wasnt the greatest"
The pool was about the only thing I enjoyed there. Checking in was a pain
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
ashlee
"Scary clerk!"
When we arrived at the hotel it was after midnight.. I walked to the automatic front door but it wouldn't open. The clerk inside motioned in a hasty manner to use my room key... We hadn't even checked in yet so i shook my head to motion i had none. He seemed pretty bothered to have to come let me in. Once we had gotten in he didn't even offer me a greeting just demanded my last name.... I gave it to him and mentioned that we needed to pay the pet fee because we had booked a pet room. He snapped back that I hadn't booked a pet room. I brought up a picture of the reservation I made which stayed that it was pet friendly. He was fairly irritated and said "if I don't have a pet room for you I won't check you in." He checked tho, and he did have a pet room, thank goodness. He complained that "third parties always do this to us and make a huge mess of reservations..." He blamed hotels.com for booking a room which the hotel hadn't made available. He said that they advertise things without making sure first that it was available. Must say, this was the crankiest front desk clerk I had dealt with. Any dealings with him thereafter were equally as unpleasant. Just seemed bothered all the time.
1 night trip Jul 16, 2014
Janelle
"Family friendly!!"
Have no complaints about our stay at this location. Staff was friendly and room was clean and comfortable. They provided us with an extra "foamie" for the kids and the breakfast had more than enough options. The swimming pool and water slide were a perfect way to let the kids burn off any extra energy and the hot tub was perfect for mom and dad! Our family will definitely be staying here on our next trip to Edmonton!
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Laurie
"Convenient location-close to everything"
Staff was very helpful and proactive. Location was good and I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
K
this hotel was good value, comfortable and clean. Morning breakfast is unfortunately full of suwith real food.gar calories.................try something else in the morning
1 night trip Jun 19, 2014