All hotels in Huntsville, Ontario, Canada
939 Highway 60, Huntsville, ON, P1H1Z4, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.6
"Misleading amenities, no pool, no hot tub"
Ok once we got the proper 1 bedroom we booked. The front desk woman gave us a regular ROOM initially. Disappointed about the clubhouse being shutdown, heated pool and hot tub played a key role in selection of property.
2 night romance trip Feb 17, 2013
Couple on getaway

"A beautiful resort once...but not now !!"
We booked two nights through Expedia and the rate was $100 less than booking directly with the "Resort Management Group" so we went ahead and reserved the suite. Grandview used to be the elite of resorts in the Huntsville/Muskoka region....but it has sorely gone severely downhill. To mention a few points: - all of the dock facilities are completely destroyed; - the drainage system comprised of black corrugated heavy duty plastic (about 10" diameter) is not buried, it's lying on top of the ground in plain, ugly view; - there are NO amenites whatsoever (no pop, no snacks, no food, no ice, nadda); - the kitchenette had a small fridge (no stove) and the tiny freezer in the fridge had not been defrosted for who knows how long, and as a result, there was no room for anything in it; - we were advised by the reception at check in that we must be sure to gather all of the garbage and recycle upon check out and place it in the recycle depot situated at the entrance to the resort.....I have NEVER been told to clean up a room prior to departure, ever !; - the outside steps and decking on the units are made from pressure treated lumber in bad shape and I'd be surprised if it even passed building code at it's current state. I become ill the first night of our stay and as a result we had to leave very early on the morning of our supposed second day. Reception wasn't open yet, so we just left our keys in their "key" box. My request two days later for a refund was declined by the resort
Response by Muskoka Grandview
Dear Guest I would like to thank you for posting your comments on Expedia. I apologize for us failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and I will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. We are in the process of building new docks, opening our dockside restaurant on the lake and moving into the main Resort building. We will also be opening the indoor pool, hot tub and fitness room. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be a more positive one. Sincerely Management
Other trip May 8, 2015
Repercussion
"Grandview resort leaves everything to be desired."
This place was a shock. Such a poorly kept place, highly expensive, but lacking in everything. Poorly equipped, minimal kitchen equipment, minimum bathroom toiletries,not even a pouch of coffee. Very poor value. Old furniture, dirty carpets, stained sheets, torn sheets, two towels between 3 adults.etc.
Response by Muskoka Grandview
Dear Guest We are disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your accommodation. We most certainly would have addressed your housekeeping issues had you informed us. We strive to attain comfortable and clean accommodations for all our guests. We hope you will stay with us again'and would look forward to helping you reserve a unit suitable for your group. Thank you The Management
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
Sean
"Power outage shut our trip down"
We stayed at the grandview suites building, it was a terrible experience.... there was a kitchenette with no cook top but everything else dishwasher, microwave, toaster oven, utensils. They were currently renovating which they did not state in the description which meant a lot of noise. They had the pool removed, we were led to believe there was a pool as thea website had stated there was a pool and moreamenities.... we had small children with us and the place smelled like vomit the tub was dirty....the couches had many staines as well as the floor... At 940pm all the power went out therefore no television and scared children running and crying.... we called the emergency contact the hotel provided and the employee communicated she could not come down to provide assistance... therefore useless.... She also communicated that she would call us back with any further information regarding the power outage... However she did not... We left first thing in the morning 800am and wanted to complain to the front desk however no one was available... Therefore we just left we did not want to be there a moment longer. Hopefully others will have a better experience then us... If you can ask for the renovated suites they have a full kitchen.... At least you are able to cook your food...
Response by Muskoka Grandview
Dear Guest. The unit you booked was one of our Grandview Suites, These units face the lake and have kitchenettes only. Our website does not state we have a pool. We offer our private beach, scenic walking trails and golf. Unfortunately the area experienced a power outage which we have no control over. One of Hydro Ones Transformers malfunctioned leaving. 30,000 residents in the area with out power. We would most certainly sent housekeeping to your unit to clean the bathtub to your satisfaction if you had informed us. We hope you will stay with us again and would look forward to welcoming you. Thank you The Management
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"Great accomodations, but facilities abandoned"
The condo we stayed in (all are privately owned) was great! Very clean and comfortable, balcony and jetted tub were nice features. Unfortunately the resort itself shut down a couple years ago, the facilities other than the rooms are closed and in complete disrepair (pools, beach, recreation centre, tennis courts, etc). Luckily there are off-site amenities nearby - golf courses, great restaurants, etc. Had a very nice relaxing evening nonetheless!
Response by Muskoka Grandview
Dear Valued Guest, We are happy you enjoyed your stay. It is unfortunate that the resort facilities such as pools, recreation centre tennis courts were not available but of course other off site amenities are nearby and always available for our guests. We hope you will return in the near future and look forward to welcoming you! Best regards Management
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
Evan
"Beautiful view out balcony"
Beautiful landscaping! A bit on the expensive side. The balcony and washroom could have been more cleaner.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
"Relaxing stay in Muskoka"
Grandview is a relaxing place to stay in Muskoka. The view is great and it is much less hectic than Deerhurst. There are no resort features, only the condo itself, but if you're okay with a home away from home it may be just the place for you
Other trip May 20, 2014
"Excellent Location and huge space"
Excellent apartment condominium, do not expect regular "hotel" services. However you will be getting big apartments, older but in very good condition. Nice for a family trip, basically as if you are going to a cottage.
Other trip Nov 10, 2013
"So Depressing and Disappointing"
Very depressing. The resort is in the midst of a sale so many of the amenities that used to be available to guests no longer are. You walk by restaurants, cafes, outdoor pools, fitness facilities, or common areas that are now boarded up. The beaches and gardens are no longer being maintained so walking around the grounds is more frustrating than enjoyable. Also, there's no in-room wifi - which just tops everything off. Do not stay here. Pay a little extra and stay at Deer Hurst Resort. We left depressed and disappointed and cannot recommend this resort to anyone until a new owner is found.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
"Such a shame..."
the resort is closed..you are only renting someones condo...beach front is in rough shape..no resturants on site..no pool..not even chairs at the beach front for condo guests...the condo was lovely but not inexpensive given there are absolutely no ammenities...
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
"My Experience of my vacation."
The hotel was very good. But there was no bar or restaurant on site and no private beach. Also did not approve of the $500.00 deposit for any damage to room. I have to pay the interest on that for a month,and would not receive the payment credit for that at 21%. I am 66 yrs old and retired Sgt. Toronto Police. I would not damage any property. I would not recommend this resort to any one. The locals say that this resort has gone bankrupt.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
"Over all stay response."
Did look like it had been vacuumed in a long time as I was killing wasp that were dead in the carpet also windows were hard to open and I had missing light bulb in outside lamp. Also my place was up for sale and if I had not had the dead bolt on I would have had realtors and strangers coming once well I was sleeping and second well I was in the bath. Communication between real estate house and grandview was not good. I too thought your customer service was crap. Your after hour number tells you to leave message of problem but no one gets back to you and then if you call back during the day front desk as no clue as to any problems and its all most a whole day before you get a responds back to a problem. With me it was hot water which I did not have foe a day and a half. Also customer should be in formed that hotel has limited internet use and that we should find other means that is also with renting movies. Customer should be informed that you can not rent movies as it depends on the owner and that if you want your best bet is to bring movies. Front desk service was rude and non helpful girl was rude and had also a bad additiude. Jo-anna at Granview was really heplful when I checked in and if I had any questions. But communication as to what you can get and can't get in rooms should be made clear to client. Also activities and maps of trails and any other activities that are available or that are offered should also me made clear to customer.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
Lauren
"Good for families with young children"
We didn't realize this isn't really a hotel when we booked, you are actually renting someone's condo. Our suite was clean and comfortable, although it was a bit dated and was missing certain items (e.g. the cushions to use the patio furniture). Also, there is no housekeeping during your stay and you have to remove your own garbage and recycling to on-site bins. They have a small, quiet beach which was nice for small kids. You can still see the old resort facilities which are now closed. It is close to the highway and golf, good stop for families and golfers. Good value if you want a full kitchen, lots of space.
Response by Muskoka Grandview
Dear Guest Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again! Thank you The Management
2 night family trip Jul 9, 2013
"Horrible resort"
This was the worst resort I have ever stayed In. Their is No maid services, you have to make your own bed, not to mention through out your own Garbage, which was a driving distance away, that means you had to put the garbage in your car and go and dump it yourself! The room was very dirty espicially the carpet, Also their is no restaurant to eat in, no swimming pool, the beach area was a joke, half the buidings were deserted! I never saw a maintenance person the whole time I was there!! It was very expensive for the amount of money I paid I could of gotten a 5 star plus resort!! I would never go back there and the service was very very poor! I'm very unhappy and do not recommend this resort to any one!
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
Gus
"excellent location to relax"
The apartment-size is really good - balcony with great view onto a lake - golf course near by - very nice. Overall - really nice get-away! It wasn't super-clean (dusty etc.) but that didn't bother us too much - everything else made up for it.
Response by Muskoka Grandview
Thank you for you comments. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again. The Management Muskoka Grandview Resort
4 night trip May 6, 2013
"Muskoka"
The hotel is in an excellent setting. Services available at the hotel are significantly limited - more like a time share condo. No phone in room. Batteries in TV remote not operable. But the room itself was very clean and comfortable.
Response by Muskoka Grandview
Thank you for your comments. We apologise that your remorte did not work. . We certainly would have fixed or replaced the remote had you reported it to us. We hare happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you will stay will us again! The Management Muskoka Grandview Resort.
Other trip May 6, 2013
"Small, not worth it"
Room was clean,bathroom was clean.....but for $235.00 or so, I would expect there to be a chair in the room. It was an unusally small room with an even smaller bathroom...I could hardly turn around in the bathroom. The Front Desk people were great but I would not go back there.
Other trip Feb 19, 2013
"A peaceful retreat"
I was a bit concerned by the ratings but decided to give the resort a try. Went for 2 nights with my boyfriend in the middle of winter and other than trying to make our way there in a snow storm, our trip overall was a very relaxing one. The staff were very helpful in giving us directions to the resort while we were driving in the storm and were very friendly upon arrival. The unit was gorgeous and we had brought our own food so that we didn't have to leave the room. That worked really well. It was definitely a great getaway and I would certainly go back there.
2 night romance trip Jan 18, 2013
Guest

"hotel grandview, non recommendable"
l hotel est tres mal entretenu, le rapport qualité/prix est très mauvais... la région est cependant de toute beauté.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
Pat
"Belle vue sur le lac, lieu confortable."
Je crois que c'est un endroit idéal si vous voulez jouer au golf à Granview ainsi qu'au Deer Hurst. L'endroit est magnifique. La ville est à proximité et plusieurs petits restos vous attend. Les gens sont accueillants et l'environnement est très propre.
Other trip Sep 14, 2013
François

TripAdvisor reviews for Muskoka Grandview Resort

"Wow what a resort "
08/21/15 Mactruck9 Newmarket, Canada
Recently my wife and another couple went to Grandview for dinner. We had heard good things from others who had been to the resort for the golf course. The restaurant is a perfect haven. Just what you would expect in Muskoka. The view of the water is breath taking. The service at the resort was fantastic and the food a culinary delight. I had a steak and my wife tried a casserole which was very homemade and very delicious. My steak was cooked to perfection yet I wished I had ordered what she had. And it was a brand new item on the menu. We liked it so much we are headed back this weekend to have dinner and listen to live music. This is our new favorite spot.
"Beware of misleading advertising"
08/15/15 dylangh94 London, Canada
Having stayed at the old Delta Grandview for many years, I feel that I need to warn people on what to expect. I visited there last week. If you have been there, you will know what I'm talking about. If not, at least you will know what to expect when you show up. The website may not be completely forthcoming on what to expect. The units are individually owned and the rentals are managed by Blue Mountain Rentals. The rates that are displayed will likely seem high when you get there if you pay them. Try to negotiate a better rate when booking. When we visited, the indoor pool was NOT open. The outdoor pool was NOT open and will not open this year. There used to be things at the beach, like kayaks, canoes, towels. There is none of that. There are a few lounge chairs, many of which are broken. The Dockside restaurant is open again, but I can't see it lasting. There were almost no customers when we were there on a sunny day. In fact, we were the only customers. If you look at the dockside restaurant picture on the website, the picture is NOT that restaurant. It's not nearly as nice as the picture. The girl playing guitar might be on the Dockside, but I'm not sure what the other picture is - it isn't the Dockside Restaurant at the Grandview. I know that the rental management folks are trying. This place has great potential, so I will not say to stay away. It is a wonderful property with great views and a very quiet atmosphere - like the Muskokas should be. We will likely stay there, but we know what to expect. You need to know what to expect as well. When you book, ask them specifically about what facilities are available at that time, not what they predict may be open in the future. Also, the 'hotel style' rooms have no view and are small. Go for a one-bedroom or more. Personally, I think Bayside is a great spot, but they are all nice. Just don't expect any amenities because there are none.
"Great spot, great people,"
07/29/15 Gordinsummerlin Toronto/Summerlin
Spent a weekend there. Everyone was very nice. Rooms were clean and large. 9 hole golf course was just right. Had a few small issues on arrival that were promptly solved. Gave us 4 free breakfasts at the Dockside restaurant. Good food. A little slow on the service, but hey, lets remember we are in cottage country, not at yonge and bloor! We attended a wedding across the street at the country club and this was a perfect place to stay. Bring supplies.This is condo style rental, not a hotel. No coffee etc. in the room.